PDA

View Full Version : Pistons: Would you still take Davis over Drummond?,,,

HemisfairArena
10-30-2015, 02:05 PM
I said all along I would take Drummond over Davis and posters said I was nuts. I still love Drummond's game and think he will be a 20/20 player in his prime. Davis doesn't look to have that killer instinct needed to compete for rings,,,,tbh

HarlemHeat37
10-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Drummond is still absolutely atrocious at creating his own offense, tbh..it's painful watching him with the ball in his hands..

apalisoc_9
10-30-2015, 02:15 PM
Drummond is basically an inferior dander Jordan. Both stat pad their rebounds, both need alley-oop to score points but Drummond is an inferior defender

Brian Windhorst
10-30-2015, 02:17 PM
SVG Center surrounded by shooters, nothing to see here folks.

Davis will most likely need a great PG to compliment him on offense, but he's better at everything but scoring from 0-3 feet. He's had trash coaching, 20 games a year of Jrue Holiday, and Tyr:lolke Evans giving him the ball his whole career.

10-30-2015, 02:20 PM
Not too fond of Drummond, as a franchise player at least.. and I've seen a lot of him living here in Detroit.

I am a big fan of Stanley Johnson though. Drummond would make a good #2 or #3 option on a contending team in the future.

HemisfairArena
10-30-2015, 02:23 PM
I'm not saying Davis is a bad player at all,,,dude is a beast but I like Drummond and think his room for growth is greater.

Mnky
10-30-2015, 02:24 PM
I'd definitely take Davis over Drummond. Drummond sparking with good teammates and coaching, both of which Davis has never had. Davis has more potential still. I wouldn't be mad if I ended up with Drummond tho

Mr Bones
10-30-2015, 02:26 PM
Not even close... Davis is a better shooter, better ballhandler, better passer, better shotblocker, has more steals and fewer fouls & turnovers despite a much higher usage rate... Davis is a star who you surround with complementary players-- Drummond is a good complementary player who you add to an already good team...

Robz4000
10-30-2015, 02:29 PM
Yes.

/thread

Raven
10-30-2015, 02:40 PM
yes.

(i would have taken him #2 though)

DMC
10-30-2015, 03:56 PM
I'd take Davis over anyone in the league not named Lebron. That includes KD.

Clipper Nation
10-30-2015, 05:20 PM
Yes, Davis is still a million times better than the poor man's DeContract Jordan.

HemisfairArena
10-30-2015, 05:28 PM

I disagree,,I would take Demarcus Cousins over both Davis or Drummond,,,,but was just asking between the two.

DMC
10-30-2015, 06:05 PM
Lol Cousins, mental midget in the same mold as Dwight How-odd

BD24
10-30-2015, 06:13 PM
Fucking stupid question. Davis is clearly the superior player and it really isn't close.

HemisfairArena
10-30-2015, 06:17 PM

Talking on the court,,,not off. I guess Davis is a mental midget since he hasn't done shit either,,,

HemisfairArena
10-30-2015, 06:18 PM
Fucking stupid question. Davis is clearly the superior player and it really isn't close.

Closer than you think, kid,,,

BD24
10-30-2015, 06:23 PM
Closer than you think, kid,,,
Right that's why Davis is a consensus top 5 player and Drummond is where exactly? If Drummond was even close the Pistons would of made the playoffs in the shitty east

HemisfairArena
10-30-2015, 06:47 PM
Right that's why Davis is a consensus top 5 player and Drummond is where exactly? If Drummond was even close the Pistons would of made the playoffs in the shitty east

Keep watchin', kid,,,,

DMC
10-30-2015, 06:54 PM
Talking on the court,,,not off. I guess Davis is a mental midget since he hasn't done shit either,,,
I'm talking about on the court as well. Cousins routinely loses his cool on court, and that leads to losses. He'd be unstoppable if he had an IQ above double digits.

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2015, 07:04 PM

Cousins is more like Z-Bo than Dwight. Cousins is a product of his surroundings ala Z-Bo meanwhile Dwight was a pastors who became a cancer on a contender b/c of his refusal to grow up. Z-Bo cleaned up his act once he landed in a sane environment & his jail-Blazer buddy Rasheed also managed his emotions better when he played w/ vets.

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2015, 07:10 PM
Drummond got pwned by Boban in pre-season & Dwight destroyed him when he was healthy. He's an over-rated defender who is all athleticism and energy.

DMC
10-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Cousins is more like Z-Bo than Dwight. Cousins is a product of his surroundings ala Z-Bo meanwhile Dwight was a pastors who became a cancer on a contender b/c of his refusal to grow up. Z-Bo cleaned up his act once he landed in a sane environment & his jail-Blazer buddy Rasheed also managed his emotions better when he played w/ vets.

Drummond got pwned by Boban in pre-season & Dwight destroyed him when he was healthy. He's an over-rated defender who is all athleticism and energy.

Cousins is a liability. He's had how many years and still he's a tool.

Boban.. lol

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Cousins is a liability. He's had how many years and still he's a tool.

Boban.. lol

How many fuckin' years did it take for Z-Bo to turn it around? (same w/ Rasheed) It doesn't fuckin' matter how long he has been in the league as long as he's a toxic environment devoid of leadership/vets.

And yeah Drummond got his shyt pushed back twice in garbage time by Boban ......there is a reason SVG left him out there in garbage time.

BD24
10-30-2015, 07:27 PM
Keep watchin', kid,,,,
Thanks for admitting you have nothing to come back with. :yield

100%duncan
10-30-2015, 07:30 PM

tlongII
10-30-2015, 08:08 PM
I would still take Lillard over both of them.

Arcadian
10-30-2015, 08:53 PM
Yeah.

HemisfairArena
10-30-2015, 09:15 PM
I'm just to good,,,,Drummond 20/20 tonight beating the Bulls and the Pistons now 3-0,,,,you guys don't know talent for shit. A poor mans Deandre Jordan?,,,,LMAO. This kid is unstoppable,,,,,let me know when the Pelicans are 0-3 tomorrow night and Davis cant save them like Drummond did for Detroit tonight,,,,

TheGreatYacht
11-03-2015, 11:02 PM
:wow

Meanwhile, "Kevin Love with a unibrow" Anthony Davis, got shitted on by Tobias Harris and his team is now 0-4 lmfao
3/12, 8/10FT's, 2 TO, -2

11-03-2015, 11:35 PM

Meanwhile, "Kevin Love with a unibrow" Anthony Davis, got shitted on by Tobias Harris and his team is now 0-4 lmfao
3/12, 8/10FT's, 2 TO, -2
Drummond has a better team tbf but Drummond is no doubt a better rebounder/defender. Drummond also has the better team atm so not going to overreact yet.

TheGreatYacht
11-03-2015, 11:47 PM
Drummond has a better team tbf but Drummond is no doubt a better rebounder/defender. Drummond also has the better team atm so not going to overreact yet.
Drummond stat pads the rebounds,

http://youtu.be/jP9WcuvlrkY

, but regardless he's still the better rebounder and defender. No one is making a big deal out of AD playing like steaming dog shit. Won't be too long until Davis plays a Greg Monroe or Kanter and has monster numbers, then everyone will overreact as usual tbh.

HarlemHeat37
11-08-2015, 11:15 PM
Drummond is still an ugly post player and creator(although he's posting well tonight), but he looks like SVG's new Howard, fucking monster..

Hopefully he doesn't go the Dwight route and becomes a headcase/clashes with Van Gundy, tbh..Howard's post game sucks, but his biggest problem has always been his attitude/softness, hopefully Drummond has a different mindset, going forward..

resistanze
11-08-2015, 11:21 PM
29/27/3 :wow

DPG21920
11-08-2015, 11:22 PM
The lines he is putting up are ridiculous :wow. Obviously it's early but he's averaging 20/20 :lol

HemisfairArena
11-08-2015, 11:33 PM
Drummond is the baddest big man in the league and only 22,,,,and its not even close,,,,

Raven
11-08-2015, 11:34 PM
he's a beast, but would get exposed in the playoffs .. still fun to watch though.

HemisfairArena
11-08-2015, 11:35 PM
Davis isn't shit compared to this guy,,,,he is Shaq part 2 and only 22. He is gonna dominate the paint like never before,,,,

DPG21920
11-08-2015, 11:44 PM
Davis isn't shit compared to this guy,,,,he is Shaq part 2 and only 22. He is gonna dominate the paint like never before,,,,

Shaq was just as physically dominant but way more skilled than Drummond. Just look at Shaq's passing vs Drummonds.

HemisfairArena
11-08-2015, 11:47 PM
Shaq was just as physically dominant but way more skilled than Drummond. Just look at Shaq's passing vs Drummonds.

Shaq's passing was out of this world,,,,no doubt. But Drummond has all his dominance at his fingertips,,,

HemisfairArena
11-08-2015, 11:49 PM
I gotta ask,,,,are there still posters who would take Davis over Drummond?,,,,its no so clear cut anymore is it?,,,,

TheGreatYacht
11-09-2015, 12:07 AM
Drummond is the baddest big man in the league and only 22,,,,and its not even close,,,,
Great call, tbqh :toast

Was never convinced by Davis

HemisfairArena
11-09-2015, 12:10 AM
Great call, tbqh :toast

Was never convinced by Davis

Thank you, Yacht,,,,

Ice009
11-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Wow, those stat lines are scary. I actually wanted the Spurs to trade up in the draft Drummond was in and draft him. I also thought we should trade TP if that is what it took to get him. I thought he was going to be good.

Scrub
11-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Yes, I would still take Davis over Drummond. So would every owner, white coach, and GM in the NBA. Drummond can't be taken seriously until he converts his FTS at 50% rate. Put him in a playoff series against Pop and his fans would be commiting suicides...these regular season numbers put on an East side lottery team amount to shit. And he has a good, center friendly coach.

Robz4000
11-09-2015, 12:07 PM
I gotta ask,,,,are there still posters who would take Davis over Drummond?,,,,its no so clear cut anymore is it?,,,,

Yes.

11-09-2015, 12:20 PM
He has amazing touch around the basket for a guy as physically dominant as he is. If he can get his FT % up, he could Dwight 2.0.

Wonder what SVG is going to do about the PG spit when Brandon Jennings comes back though. Reggie obviously doesn't want to concede the starting spot.

Cry Havoc
11-09-2015, 12:41 PM
Meanwhile Davis throws down a 43/10/5/4/3 like it ain't no thing. :lol

Killakobe81
11-09-2015, 12:53 PM

it's still davis of course. But those stats hasnt led to a lot of wins ... for either guy.

spurraider21
11-09-2015, 12:55 PM
what do you mean "like it ain't no thing"

it was easily his best game of the year and by a significant margin

DPG21920
11-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Lol A Davis has one of the worst supporting casts of all time right now.

11-09-2015, 01:29 PM
it's still davis of course. But those stats hasnt led to a lot of wins ... for either guy.

Pistons five and one which directly coincides with Drummond averaging 20/20 lol

Cry Havoc
11-09-2015, 01:34 PM

6 games? That isn't even a blip on the radar of a career.

K...
11-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Anyway, though, Hasan Whiteside was like this last year, right? Big stats and then faded.

And just for fun, Gobert or Drummond, ?

Shane27
11-09-2015, 02:31 PM
Anyway, though, Hasan Whiteside was like this last year, right? Big stats and then faded.

And just for fun, Gobert or Drummond, ?

Whiteside hasn't faded. He still grabs 10+ rebounds a game and blocks shots with the best of them.

Killakobe81
11-09-2015, 03:08 PM

I meant overall. But yes he has been key to the surprising start that and SVG coaching em up ...

11-09-2015, 03:14 PM
6 games? That isn't even a blip on the radar of a career.
Obviously but you just said that both of them have put up empty stats so far in their career which isn't true.

Cry Havoc
11-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Obviously but you just said that both of them have put up empty stats so far in their career which isn't true.

I never said that.

JamStone
11-09-2015, 04:15 PM
To me Anthony Davis is a better shotblocking Kevin Garnett and Andre Drummond is a less sociopathic Dwight Howard. I think both are really good young players who could be a key piece to really good teams. I don't believe either is the type of franchise player that can lead a team to a championship carrying the bulk of responsibility, particularly offensively. So in either case, the supporting cast is crucial.

I will say this. Even though I still think Davis is the better overall player and I'd still probably take him over Drummond, Drummond might be the type of guy that's easier to build around.

11-09-2015, 05:01 PM
I never said that.
Not verbatim, but I thought it was what you implied "But those stats hasnt led to a lot of wins ... for either guy."

11-09-2015, 05:04 PM
To me Anthony Davis is a better shotblocking Kevin Garnett and Andre Drummond is a less sociopathic Dwight Howard. I think both are really good young players who could be a key piece to really good teams. I don't believe either is the type of franchise player that can lead a team to a championship carrying the bulk of responsibility, particularly offensively. So in either case, the supporting cast is crucial.

I will say this. Even though I still think Davis is the better overall player and I'd still probably take him over Drummond, Drummond might be the type of guy that's easier to build around.I kind of mentioned this in another thread. Don't you think it's harder to build around face up bigs who don't post up and draw doubles/triples? What face up bigs have one championships as a number one option?

Brazil
11-09-2015, 05:05 PM

I will say this. Even though I still think Davis is the better overall player and I'd still probably take him over Drummond, Drummond might be the type of guy that's easier to build around.

sup Jam

did not see you in while

how life is treating you ?

Cry Havoc
11-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Not verbatim, but I thought it was what you implied "But those stats hasnt led to a lot of wins ... for either guy."

The fuck? Again, I didn't say that. Can you read?

11-09-2015, 05:56 PM
The fuck? Again, I didn't say that. Can you read?
I've acknowledged that, can you read?

Cry Havoc
11-09-2015, 06:02 PM
I've acknowledged that, can you read?

No, you didn't. You acknowledged that I implied it. Which I didn't. That was killakobe.

Is that clear enough?

11-09-2015, 07:32 PM
No, you didn't. You acknowledged that I implied it. Which I didn't. That was killakobe.

Is that clear enough?Shit fam, my bad. :shootme

JamStone
11-09-2015, 07:34 PM
sup Jam

did not see you in while

how life is treating you ?

What's good, Braz. Can't complain. Yeah, don't post too much anymore. Don't even lurk too much either. But if the Pistons continue to play like they've started and win their share of games, maybe it will encourage me to want to talk hoops on here again.

It's been depressing for a Pistons fan for several years now. Only problem with this team is that I'm not really much of a fan of any of the players, that includes Drummond and Reggie Jackson. Reggie comes off as an arrogant piece of shit. Drummond I'm more apathetic towards, more or less. So he's okay I guess, but I'm not going gaga over him and his big production.

But if they continue to win, maybe they can win me over. Strangely, even though he's come off as an ass for as long as I've watched him, the Pistons player I might like the most could be Marcus Morris. Plays with an edge and has for the most part hasn't been too much of a jackass yet. And his midrange game is money.

We'll see though. I may pop in every now and then as long as the board isn't over-polluted with the usual bullshit.

Cry Havoc
11-09-2015, 08:19 PM
What's good, Braz. Can't complain. Yeah, don't post too much anymore. Don't even lurk too much either. But if the Pistons continue to play like they've started and win their share of games, maybe it will encourage me to want to talk hoops on here again.

It's been depressing for a Pistons fan for several years now. Only problem with this team is that I'm not really much of a fan of any of the players, that includes Drummond and Reggie Jackson. Reggie comes off as an arrogant piece of shit. Drummond I'm more apathetic towards, more or less. So he's okay I guess, but I'm not going gaga over him and his big production.

But if they continue to win, maybe they can win me over. Strangely, even though he's come off as an ass for as long as I've watched him, the Pistons player I might like the most could be Marcus Morris. Plays with an edge and has for the most part hasn't been too much of a jackass yet. And his midrange game is money.

We'll see though. I may pop in every now and then as long as the board isn't over-polluted with the usual bullshit.

Good to see you back, dude. :tu

Venti Quattro
11-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Yes, 24/7

Venti Quattro
11-09-2015, 08:38 PM

Welcome back JamStone! Thoughts on KCP?

Brazil
11-10-2015, 06:29 AM

Sounds like a plan tbh...

I may have to travel back to Detroit for a week or two beginning of next year, if so... I'd be thrilled to watch this new Pistons team at the Palace. Pistons fans I know are quite big on Drummond more than they were on Monroe so I guess people are back a little watching their team... I do hope so anyway because when I was there it was a bit sad to see the arena empty most of the time and I saw a lot of games there, the company I was working for was 2 miles away from the Palace.

Good to read you again, hope this team will lead to post a bit more :tu

100%duncan
11-10-2015, 08:34 AM

You will for sure make the playoffs in the least, who knows, get the 7th seed and the 2nd seed can get beat (Hawks)

Kawhitstorm
11-11-2015, 11:08 PM
Drummond is getting sonned by Cousins as we speak; if there was a question as to who is the best center in the league then look no further.:toast

HemisfairArena
11-15-2015, 12:13 AM
I disagree,,I would take Demarcus Cousins over both Davis or Drummond,,,,but was just asking between the two.

You see this, Kawhi? I said this,,,,me,,,,way before you did and look at the dumbass elk debate me that cousins sucks,,,,,

TheGreatYacht
11-15-2015, 12:43 AM
Love + video game numbers + mediocre team = "stat padder"

Davis + video game numbers + mediocre team = "his league now, better than Lebron"

The double standard is disgusting. What's the difference between the two? Besides that one is a behind the back shot blocker

Kawhitstorm
11-15-2015, 03:30 AM
Love + video game numbers + mediocre team = "stat padder"

Davis + video game numbers + mediocre team = "his league now, better than Lebron"

The double standard is disgusting. What's the difference between the two? Besides that one is a behind the back shot blocker

Love never made the postseason or a single game winner while padding his stats but your brain is too small to spot the difference. WTF is a "back shot blocker"...do you mean your boyfriends bare-backs you?

Robz4000
11-15-2015, 03:50 AM
If Davis keeps sucking/getting injured, then yes.

apalisoc_9
11-15-2015, 03:55 AM
Love never made the postseason or a single game winner while padding his stats but your brain is too small to spot the difference. WTF is a "back shot blocker"...do you mean your boyfriends bare-backs you?

:lol

apalisoc_9
11-15-2015, 03:58 AM

Davis isnt sucking, hes just overrated. He is still the best bigman in the game though...its.probably hard for the media to ditch bigs so they need to prop him up. He's questionable as a top 5 player imo..

Lebron
Curry

AD
westbrrok
harden
griffin
kawhi
Durant

Paul
cousins..

Even boogie is better than drummond

Kawhitstorm
11-15-2015, 04:09 AM

He was in a groove & playing like his old self before he got injured.

TheGreatYacht
11-15-2015, 04:12 AM
Davis made the postseason by default, OKC would've been healthy then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You just won't stop with this gay agenda, will you cuck. First you wanna bounce on Serena's cock, then you wanna measure sizes with Diaz on cam, and now Hemi had you on your back... Let this be the last time you quote me cuckie

Kawhitstorm
11-15-2015, 04:17 AM
Davis isnt sucking, hes just overrated. He is still the best bigman in the game though...its.probably hard for the media to ditch bigs so they need to prop him up. He's questionable as a top 5 player imo..

Lebron
Curry

AD
westbrrok
harden
griffin
kawhi
Durant

Paul
cousins..

Harden is the most over-rated player & Cp3 is on a decline. Durant has been more injury prone than Davis. Bron, Curry, Westbrook, Blake, Davis are the top 5 until Durant re-gains his MVP form. Kawhi/Paul George/Butler could easily be top 5 players when they reach their peaks in a couple of seasons & Cousins has to mature before he's considered a top 5 player despite being the most talented big man in the game.

Robz4000
11-15-2015, 04:24 AM

Lebron
Curry

AD
westbrrok
harden
griffin
kawhi
Durant

Paul
cousins..

Defensively he was overrated, but he's pretty damn special on offense with his ability to shoot/handle the ball. Agree on everything else tho.

Robz4000
11-15-2015, 04:25 AM
He was in a groove & playing like his old self before he got injured.

He's been pretty damn awful the entire season sans one game against the Hawks.

Kawhitstorm
11-15-2015, 04:28 AM
Davis made the postseason by default, OKC would've been healthy then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You just won't stop with this gay agenda, will you cuck. First you wanna bounce on Serena's cock, then you wanna measure sizes with Diaz on cam, and now Hemi had you on your back... Let this be the last time you quote me cuckie

OKC missed the postseason b/c Kawhi cucked Westbrook in April (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504070OKC.html) costing OKC their half game advantage. OKC/Pelicans were tied at seasons end thanks to Norris Cole torching Porker & Davis game winner in Westbrook/Durant's grill broke the tie. Go wipe the shyt stain on your pants.

http://i.imgur.com/asKMLxA.gif

apalisoc_9
11-15-2015, 04:31 AM
Harden is the most over-rated player & Cp3 is on a decline. Durant has been more injury prone than Davis. Bron, Curry, Westbrook, Blake, Davis are the top 5 until Durant re-gains his MVP form. Kawhi/Paul George/Butler could easily be top 5 players when they reach their peaks in a couple of seasons & Cousins has to mature before he's considered a top 5 player despite being the most talented big man in the game.

Butler and George are so inconsistent on D nowadys. They live by reputation. The couple of games Ive watched those two play, they were terrible on D.

Harden is still significantly better than George and Butler.on the offensive end. Paul looks like shit but its.only 9 games so far and last yeaf i thought he should have been top 5 in MVP voting.

Im just giving everyne the benefit of the doubt really. I dont know if cousins is more talented than Davis.

Kawhitstorm
11-15-2015, 04:36 AM
He's been pretty damn awful the entire season sans one game against the Hawks.

The guy shot no less than 57% in his last 3 games while playing alongside crappy role players & only played the first half in his last game. Did you expect him to average 40 pts a game or something?:lol

apalisoc_9
11-15-2015, 04:40 AM
The only untouchble is lebron and curry, imo..

Kawhitstorm
11-15-2015, 04:48 AM
Butler and George are so inconsistent on D nowadys. They live by reputation. The couple of games Ive watched those two play, they were terrible on D.

Harden is still significantly better than George and Butler.on the offensive end. Paul looks like shit but its.only 9 games so far and last yeaf i thought he should have been top 5 in MVP voting.

Im just giving everyne the benefit of the doubt really. I dont know if cousins is more talented than Davis.

I don't care much about the regular season, Butler/George can play lock-down defense in a playoff series (Just look at how Butler hounded LeBron in the playoffs). Harden lives & dies by the whistle thus his game doesn't translate well into playoff basketball. It seems like the wheel are coming off Cp3 ala 2013-14 Porker & Durant might be turning into T-Mac.

As far as Cousins, there isn't anything he can't do on a basketball court & is the most dominant postup player in the league. Davis still isn't comfortable posting up & doesn't dominate the paint on either end. He's just more athletic & disciplined.

apalisoc_9
11-15-2015, 05:14 AM
I don't care much about the regular season, Butler/George can play lock-down defense in a playoff series (Just look at how Butler hounded LeBron in the playoffs). Harden lives & dies by the whistle thus his game doesn't translate well into playoff basketball. It seems like the wheel are coming off Cp3 ala 2013-14 Porker & Durant might be turning into T-Mac.

As far as Cousins, there isn't anything he can't do on a basketball court & is the most dominant postup player in the league. Davis still isn't comfortable posting up & doesn't dominate the paint on either end. He's just more athletic & disciplined.

I just think davis game is more comptible to the kind of players we get in the nba nowadays. They could be just as good, but ill take the disciplined player everyday. I would never draft a potential headache like cousins

apalisoc_9
11-15-2015, 05:17 AM
I just dont think george and butler should be in this conversation...harden imo is a vastly superior player and just lead his team to wcf

100%duncan
11-15-2015, 05:21 AM
Jesus christ why are george and butler in conversation of top players? :lmao

The bulls might not even make the playoffs in the west

SpursIndonesia
11-15-2015, 06:06 AM
If only Drummond can learn to shoot at least 70+ % from the charity stripe, Detroit WILL be a real threat in the east -though the Somalian pirate way of cancer play can really disrupt their offensive flow at times. He does not even need to have any range in his game, just be a damn respected FT shooter please !!

I watched their game against the Clippers tonight, if he was there in the end for defensive & rebounding purpose, i think they should have been able to steal that game from the home team. Instead Griffin & Jordan feasting over Ilyasova & Baynes became the norm late in that game, what a waste of effort.

TheGreatYacht
12-18-2015, 11:18 PM
31pts and 20rebs tonight for Drummond.

Meanwhile Unicuck is scraping the bottom of the barrel in the West

Texas_Ranger
12-18-2015, 11:33 PM

he needed just 55 minutes...

TheGreatYacht
12-18-2015, 11:38 PM
33pts, 21reb*****

He's averaging 17rpg. Dude is a force down low, you can't do anything to keep him out of there. Andre O'Neal tbh... Even shoot free throws like each other :lol

ambchang
12-18-2015, 11:41 PM
The struggles of Davis and the success of Drummond basically speaks to the basic truth of bigs. You need a competent backcourt that can make you shine. A big needs outside shooters to open up the lane to operate, needs players who can feed him the ball, and needs competent defenders in the perimeter not to expose him on the defensive end.

Drummond got his, Davis didn't.

See how Hakeem did with vs without outside help.

Same with Kareem.

Same with Moses.

Wilt.

Dwight.

Yao.

Even Duncan.

The list goes on.

Shaq doesn't get on because he has always had a strong backcourt in his prime.

Robinson doesn't get on because he never had a sting backcourt in his prime.

HemisfairArena
12-19-2015, 01:18 AM

Davis played 42 minutes tonight and got 16 and 12 and a loss,,,so you tell me,,,42 minutes/16 pts/12 boards/lose,,,55 minutes/33 points/21 boards/win

Kawhitstorm
12-19-2015, 04:28 AM

Drummond is a young Orlando Dwight, Unibrow is Toronto Bosh. Drummond plays in a system that caters to him: PnR every time down the floor w/ the best PnR guards in the league meanwhile Davis is trying to make spaghetti out of lasagna b/c they don't have a single rotation that fits. Ish Smith has the best chemistry w/ Davis but he's a 3rd string point guard.:lol

Robz4000
12-19-2015, 04:59 AM
Drummond is a young Orlando Dwight, Unibrow is Toronto Bosh. Drummond plays in a system that caters to him: PnR every time down the floor w/ the best PnR guards in the league meanwhile Davis is trying to make spaghetti out of lasagna b/c they don't have a single rotation that fits. Ish Smith has the best chemistry w/ Davis but he's a 3rd string point guard.:lol

This. I can't believe how much Jrue Holiday has fallen off a cliff and Eric Gordan has always been a cancer. Tyreke Evans is all over the place as well. The only competent piece they have next to Davis is Anderson and he's gonna be traded/generally a playoff choker. Drummond has been really impressive this year, however; if Davis gets some worthwhile talent around him and he still underwhelms, then Drummond > Davis.

Kawhitstorm
01-21-2016, 10:18 PM
STARTERS
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

Ersan Ilyasova (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2767/ersan-ilyasova), PF
3-10
0-4
4-5

Marcus Morris (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6462/marcus-morris), PF
2-11
0-2
0-0

Andre Drummond (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6585/andre-drummond), C
8-17
0-1
3-5

Reggie Jackson (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6443/reggie-jackson), PG
4-11
0-4
0-0

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2581018/kentavious-caldwell-pope), SG
9-17
3-7
2-2

BENCH
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

Anthony Tolliver (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3276/anthony-tolliver), PF
1-3
1-3
0-0

Stanley Johnson (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3134881/stanley-johnson), SF
3-6
0-2
0-0

Aron Baynes (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2968439/aron-baynes), C
2-5
0-0
2-2

Brandon Jennings (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3997/brandon-jennings), PG
5-10
2-5
5-6

Reggie Bullock (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2528779/reggie-bullock), SF
Has not entered game

Darrun Hilliard (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2578259/darrun-hilliard), SF
Has not entered game

Joel Anthony (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3247/joel-anthony), C
Has not entered game

Steve Blake (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1994/steve-blake), PG
Has not entered game

TOTALS

FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF

PTS

37-90
6-28
16-20

41.1%
21.4%
80.0%

Fast break points: 3
Points in the paint: 48
Total Team Turnovers (Points off turnovers): 15 (20)
+/- denotes team's net points while the player is on the court.

New Orleans Pelicans

STARTERS
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

Dante Cunningham (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3974/dante-cunningham), PF
1-3
1-2
0-0
+6

Anthony Davis (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6583/anthony-davis), PF
13-23
1-2
5-5
+14

Omer Asik (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3414/omer-asik), C
4-5
0-0
4-4
+6

Norris Cole (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6431/norris-cole), PG
5-11
0-0
2-2
+5

Tyreke Evans (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3983/tyreke-evans), SG
8-14
2-3
4-4
+18

BENCH
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

Ryan Anderson (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3412/ryan-anderson), PF
5-9
0-1
3-3
+15

Alonzo Gee (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4232/alonzo-gee), SF
3-4
1-2
0-0
+11

Luke Babbitt (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4250/luke-babbitt), SF
0-0
0-0
0-0

Bryce Dejean-Jones (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3961400/bryce-dejean-jones), F
0-0
0-0
0-0

Alexis Ajinca (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3410/alexis-ajinca), C
3-3
0-0
0-0

Jrue Holiday (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3995/jrue-holiday), PG
3-11
0-1
0-0
+6

Toney Douglas (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3979/toney-douglas), PG
1-3
0-1
0-0
+6

Kendrick Perkins (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2018/kendrick-perkins), C
Has not entered game

TOTALS

FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF

PTS

46-86
5-12
18-18

53.5%
41.7%
100.0%

Fast break points: 8
Points in the paint: 60
Total Team Turnovers (Points off turnovers): 10 (10)
+/- denotes team's net points while the player is on the court.

Flagrant Fouls: None
Technical Fouls: PLAYERS:1 DETROIT ( Morris 1 ) -TEAMS: DETROIT (1) -COACHES:None

Kawhitstorm
02-21-2016, 05:58 PM
:wakeup

Mnky
02-21-2016, 06:00 PM

Good bump.

You realize if you really had that smileys persona, you wouldn't have posted tho... right? :lol

spursistan
02-21-2016, 06:00 PM
Destroyed Drummond..:lmao

It is overPERIOD

59/20/4 :wow....... (first 50/20 game in NBA since Chris Webber in 2001)

SquawkinHawkBigCock
02-21-2016, 06:01 PM

3/12, 8/10FT's, 2 TO, -2
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

SquawkinHawkBigCock
02-21-2016, 06:04 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

TheGreatYacht
02-21-2016, 06:08 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
Ball hog putting up empty stats, tbqh

BatManu20
02-21-2016, 06:16 PM
He's a freak.

Pelicans78
02-21-2016, 06:21 PM
One game doesn't define a career. I would still take Drummond over Davis.

apalisoc_9
02-21-2016, 06:24 PM

Are you High? Davis is an average defender but he can actually make his owb shots and is a great offensive player. What does drummond do? Is he a defensive guy? Nope. An offensive talent? Nope. Hes a better deandre jordan, Imo..with some basic post moves.

LkrFan
02-21-2016, 06:30 PM
If his jumper gets more consistent, his game will open up even more. Scary how good he can be.

BD24
02-21-2016, 06:35 PM
Hemi with the bads per par.

Killakobe81
02-21-2016, 07:38 PM

What?!

spursistan
12-17-2016, 09:48 PM

LOL at this ever being a debate..few Pistons fans are already calling for Drummond to be traded for picks :lol.

He hasn't really made any major improvement in any area of his game 4 years in his career..

TheGreatYacht
01-23-2017, 10:41 PM
:lol overrated stat padding cancer
:lol your "bum" teammates beat the Cavs w/o you
:lol Eric Gordon shining now
:lol KLove that blocks shots

HarlemHeat37
01-23-2017, 10:53 PM
Davis is a little overrated, but Drummond's impact is very limited:lol..Outside of rebounding, he isn't good at anything..

Darth_Pelican
01-23-2017, 11:01 PM
Jesus Christ. This thread

Darth_Pelican
01-23-2017, 11:06 PM
Davis is a little overrated, but Drummond's impact is very limited:lol..Outside of rebounding, he isn't good at anything..

:lol AD is 3rd in PER, Drummond is 38th. Obviously this thread is a joke right?

apalisoc_9
01-24-2017, 12:32 AM
Davis is extremely overrated. I puke when I see his name anywhere close to a top 6 player list...

but Drummond is nowhere near Davis level.

Drummond is probably like a top 30 player and Davis is a legit top 10 talent in the league.

Not sure how this is even a thread.

apalisoc_9
01-24-2017, 12:33 AM
:lol overrated stat padding cancer
:lol your "bum" teammates beat the Cavs w/o you
:lol Eric Gordon shining now
:lol KLove that blocks shots

:lmao

One of the most overrated Stars in the last 10 years.

TheGreatYacht
01-24-2017, 01:34 AM

One of the most overrated Stars in the last 10 years.
Completely agree. Him and Paul George are on every commercial and 2k cover. Disgusting....

100%duncan
01-24-2017, 08:35 AM
I love how he's automatically top 10 in top 10 lists

spurraider21
01-24-2017, 12:20 PM

Lebron
Curry

AD
westbrrok
harden
griffin
kawhi
Durant

Paul
cousins..

Davis is extremely overrated. I puke when I see his name anywhere close to a top 6 player list...

but Drummond is nowhere near Davis level.

Drummond is probably like a top 30 player and Davis is a legit top 10 talent in the league.

Not sure how this is even a thread.

apalisoc_9
01-24-2017, 01:10 PM
Thanks change nigga.

New list

Lebron
Kawhi
Durant
Harden
Curry
Westbrook
Boogie

Kawhitstorm
01-24-2017, 04:21 PM
Drummond got pwned by Boban in pre-season & Dwight destroyed him when he was healthy. He's an overrated defender who is all athleticism and energy.

spursistan
02-10-2017, 09:58 PM
This thread man :lol

really overrated player whose lack of development on Stan Van Gundy watch is truly alarming..

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2017, 09:58 PM
Davis has 36 points on 14 shots through 3:lol

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2017, 09:59 PM
This thread man :lol

really overrated player whose lack of development on Stan Van Gundy watch is truly alarming..

Seems like a really lazy player, tbh..even when you watch him play, he takes so many possessions off..

BD24
02-11-2017, 02:23 AM
Hemi with the bads per par.

He also wanted to pretend Okafor was gonna be better than KAT

Kawhitstorm
04-18-2018, 12:19 AM

AlexJones
04-18-2018, 12:23 AM
Top 5-6,obviously, but I'll never believe him to be on Lebron/Steph's level unless he shoots 3's at a good pct on more attempts.

Robz4000
04-18-2018, 12:31 AM
:lol solid bump

Arcadian
04-18-2018, 12:38 AM
I would have to say, with Kawhi not playing, Davis is my favorite NBA player currently. It's good to see a dominant big in a perimeter-oriented era. And I think he's the real MVP of this season.

TDMVPDPOY
04-18-2018, 04:50 AM
DAVIS>cousins>>>>>drummond

BD24
04-18-2018, 11:42 AM
Poor Hemi. Lost his Elo bet with me lol.

At least he is a man of his word and didn’t Welch like a majority of the faggots on this site

Raven
04-18-2018, 11:56 AM
tbf Drummond is the highest rated defender this year

RsxPiimp
04-18-2018, 11:58 AM

irrelevant

Killakobe81
04-18-2018, 12:03 PM

Raven and his defensive ratings, lol
The same ones that Say slo-mo is a top 10 defensive player?!

Raven
04-18-2018, 12:22 PM
irrelevant

i'm just being fair. I don't have a horse here.

Raven
04-18-2018, 12:25 PM
Raven and his defensive ratings, lol
The same ones that Say slo-mo is a top 10 defensive player?!

correct

JamStone
04-18-2018, 02:37 PM
I dont care what any metric says, Andre Drummond is a shit defender. He’s a great rebounder. And he became more aggressive contesting shots and blocking shots this season. But he’s still incapable of defending the PNR with any adequate level of effectiveness. And he cannot guard any big with any type of skill. Guys like Valanciunas and Jokic make him look silly, forget what a guy like Embiid does to him. In fact, for perspective, Marcin Gortat eats him up alive, and mostly just by being in the right place when Drummond gets lost on defense. And when he does try to provide help defense and contest shots, 99 times out of 100, the offense scores anyway because Drummond can’t recover to his man or get back in defensive rebounding position. Andre Drummond is a terrible defender. And despite it being a fire dumpster of a season, I still watched most Pistons games this past season.

Darth_Pelican
04-18-2018, 03:57 PM
I would still take Lillard over both of them.

Jesus :lmao

BD24
04-18-2018, 05:14 PM
Jesus :lmao
Great find tbh.

Spurtacular
04-18-2018, 09:07 PM
How is this a question? Put Davis in place of Donkey right now and the Warriors are that much better.

Pelicans78
04-19-2018, 07:10 AM
I would still take Drummond. Davis is basically riding Jrue's coattail.