PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Orlando is pre 2010-11 OKC East

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2015, 07:00 PM
They have young talented athletic squad with a mix of raw & polished players. They remind me of the 2009-10 OKC squad:

Ibaka
Jeff Green
KD
Harden
Russy

Thabo
Kristic
Collison
Maynor

TheGreatYacht
10-30-2015, 07:02 PM
This might be the candle on top of the cake you built out of shit takes :lmao

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2015, 07:12 PM

Happy birthday boo-boo...I heard you enjoy turd cake.

K...
10-30-2015, 07:15 PM
In the same way that the 2015 hawks = 2014 spurs. Or like Davis is the next Duncan, or Kobe is the best Jordan.

HarlemHeat37
10-30-2015, 07:18 PM
They have a ton of talent, but they'll never win with Payton at PG, and Harris is kind of a cancer(on the court) IMO..should trade Harris and Payton while they have value..

Vucevic, Oladipo, Gordon, Hezonja is a nice start, though..

SuperCam
10-30-2015, 07:21 PM
Spursfan trying to :downspin:a team that just beat them getting dominated by scrub ass east team :lmao

SpursIndonesia
10-30-2015, 07:22 PM
Elfrid Payton jump shot has not improved at all this summer ? I am watching this game now on stream and he doesn't shoot much if any at all. I see nothing wrong with Tobias Harris, his outside shots have not fallen but he attacks the basket & scored in a few occasions. Vucevic is damn solid, but need more PnR action beside post scoring, has not seen that in this game between him & the guards/wings.

SpursIndonesia
10-30-2015, 07:25 PM
They have young talented athletic squad with a mix of raw & polished players. They remind me of the 2009-10 OKC squad:

Ibaka
Jeff Green
KD
Harden
Russy

Thabo
Kristic
Collison
Maynor

I don't see them having three young players who are proven to be transcendent players now, but yes Vucevic & Oladipo are very promising. Harrris is kinda meh and Hezonja is just potential at this moment. Perhaps a (very) poor version of that promising Thunder team, i can agree with it.

BD24
10-30-2015, 07:30 PM
Elfrid Payton jump shot has not improved at all this summer ? I am watching this game now on stream and he doesn't shoot much if any at all. I see nothing wrong with Tobias Harris, his outside shots have not fallen but he attacks the basket & scored in a few occasions. Vucevic is damn solid, but need more PnR action beside post scoring, has not seen that in this game between him & the guards/wings.
Tobias is shit on the defensive end. Too slow of feet to guard 3's and to weak to effectively guard 4's.

SpursIndonesia
10-30-2015, 07:40 PM
Tobias is shit on the defensive end. Too slow of feet to guard 3's and to weak to effectively guard 4's.

Yeah, that's why i call him meh, not really a star but certainly not a minus player either. I think his pay is appropriate though, he was not paid the max IIRC.

Raven
10-30-2015, 07:53 PM
i agree with OP. Perhaps the star power is not exactly the same, but they are a lot deeper. There are other teams with tons of talent, how they grow is not that dependent on their talent level as is on coaching and character.

Raven
10-30-2015, 07:54 PM

he's acceptable imo and he is improving. He is a clear SF also.

BD24
10-30-2015, 08:04 PM
he's acceptable imo and he is improving. He is a clear SF also.
Except for the part where he has been a negative on the defensive end every year of his career. He looks like he is moving in fucking molasses out there. Of course he is a clear 3, thats why he started at the 4 for Orlando tonight :rolleyes Do you even watch the fucking games.

Raven
10-30-2015, 08:09 PM
Except for the part where he has been a negative on the defensive end every year of his career. He looks like he is moving in fucking molasses out there. Of course he is a clear 3, thats why he started at the 4 for Orlando tonight :rolleyes Do you even watch the fucking games.

I'm pretty sure I've watched him much more than you did, thank you :lol Wait a while tbh.

BD24
10-30-2015, 08:12 PM
I'm pretty sure I've watched him much more than you did, thank you :lol Wait a while tbh.
If he is clearly a SF then tell me why did he start at PF and play PF tonight? Its a simple question. Don't try to backtrack because you are talking out of your ass.

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2015, 08:41 PM
They have a ton of talent, but they'll never win with Payton at PG, and Harris is kind of a cancer(on the court) IMO..should trade Harris and Payton while they have value..

Vucevic, Oladipo, Gordon, Hezonja is a nice start, though..

Harris is their Jeff Green & Payton is their Thabo. I expect the offense to run through Oladipo/Vucevic/Hezaonja w/ Gordon playing the Ibaka role.

Buddy Mignon
10-30-2015, 08:44 PM

That lil niglet wipes his ass with his hands... :lmao

TheGreatYacht
10-30-2015, 08:46 PM
Bitch ass nigga jinxed em. They were up 20 until THIS.

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2015, 08:48 PM

At least I wipe my ass instead of walking around w/ shit stains like a turd

HarlemHeat37
10-30-2015, 10:05 PM
Harris is their Jeff Green & Payton is their Thabo. I expect the offense to run through Oladipo/Vucevic/Hezaonja w/ Gordon playing the Ibaka role.

Jeff Green's teams get better when they trade him, tbh:lol..

I'm not a fan of volume-scoring SFs that aren't good defenders or spot-up shooters..

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2015, 10:08 PM
Jeff Green's teams get better when they trade him, tbh:lol..

I'm not a fan of volume-scoring SFs that aren't good defenders or spot-up shooters..

I feel like he's is going to be moved ala Jeff Green (not for Perkins 2.0:lol) or become a bench player once Gordon develops.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-30-2015, 10:51 PM
fuck this jinx thread, tbh

if we end up 1 game behind OKC or tied and losing the tiebreaker at the end of the season I'm going to hunt down OP and ******* *** ****** (Censored due to illegal activity threat) .

daslicer
10-30-2015, 10:58 PM
I think Gordan can be a great player but I still doubt they are the next OKC.

Kawhitstorm
11-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Oladipo was pwning Harden before the HardenRefs took over:bang. Fournier ballin' out too.......OT w/o Vucevic (Dwight taking full advantage)

HarlemHeat37
11-04-2015, 10:43 PM
Very interested in seeing what type of moves they make in the next year, tbh..Fournier has been a go-to guy for them the past week, all of a sudden, and playing impressive ball..

They have too much redundant talent, a lot of pieces for potential future moves, Hennigan is going to get busy..

Kawhitstorm
11-04-2015, 10:45 PM
They have too much redundant talent, a lot of pieces for potential future moves,

That was the issue w/ OKC before they shipped out Jeff Green/Harden.

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2015, 10:10 PM
Could easily have been undefeated, they have a shot at the 8th seed

apalisoc_9
11-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Very interested in seeing what type of moves they make in the next year, tbh..Fournier has been a go-to guy for them the past week, all of a sudden, and playing impressive ball..

They have too much redundant talent, a lot of pieces for potential future moves, Hennigan is going to get busy..

That was the issue w/ OKC before they shipped out Jeff Green/Harden.

Would you take out from that group? Tobias is cancerous, imo. I really like payton, he is a team guy and plays great D but his shooting is so shitty. Skiles have played Gordon over Harris in some occasions and Hezonja is clearly confident enough. Vuc is probably the best scoring post up player in the league.

If this team can hone its talents, establish hierchy in the offense without their ego balloning..would be fun to watch.

apalisoc_9
11-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Ill probably just move harris and rotate payton with a scoring minded PG.

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2015, 11:06 PM
Ill probably just move harris and rotate payton with a scoring minded PG.

Payton
Dipo
Hezonja
Gordon
Vuc

6th man: Fournier
Ship out Harris for a defensive minded big: Faried or Steven Adams

BatManu20
11-07-2015, 01:30 AM
They need to draft a real PG tbh. But yea, they could contenders in the East in 2-3 years.

Kawhitstorm
11-07-2015, 02:10 AM
They need to draft a real PG tbh. But yea, they could contenders in the East in 2-3 years.

They don't need a PG b/c Oladipo is a combo guard, Payton can handle the ball & make plays just fine on top of play top notch defense (ala Thabo). When Hezonja get inserted into the starting lineup that will give them enough offensive fire power: Vuc/Dipo/Hezonja while Gordon/Payton do the dirty work.

spursistan
11-07-2015, 11:55 AM
You have to note Scott Skiles "Year 1" "they play hard for me".. Wonder if he will last there as young players tend to burnout and tune him out after one season.. happened with Bucks and Bulls..

Kawhitstorm
11-07-2015, 09:54 PM
You have to note Scott Skiles "Year 1" "they play hard for me".. Wonder if he will last there as young players tend to burnout and tune him out after one season.. happened with Bucks and Bulls..

Once they are a legit playoff team then you go get a real coach.

Kawhitstorm
12-03-2015, 11:10 PM
:hat

~O~
12-03-2015, 11:32 PM
Someone is watching the Magic here. They are looking good, no doubt, but I always assume the worst. Recently, I started to feel better about them. They've had to make major adjustments. Players had to sacrifice their positions and minutes (Oladipo, Hezonja, Dedmon) for this team to be better.

Hezonja isn't a bust. Chill out motherfuckers. lol. It'll take work but he'll be fine.

spursistan
12-04-2015, 01:13 AM
Scott Skiles is the original Thibodeau..underrated coach that unfortunately can't last last for long with his hard-ass act..Hopefully he doesn't wear thin on those youngsters..

DPG21920
12-04-2015, 01:41 AM
They have a lot of players that have good upside because of their ball handling and athleticism but they need them to pan out to be good shooters.

They are better because Skiles has made them better defensively. They need the young guys offense to come along to make any noise though.

100%duncan
12-04-2015, 08:57 AM
Someone is watching the Magic here. They are looking good, no doubt, but I always assume the worst. Recently, I started to feel better about them. They've had to make major adjustments. Players had to sacrifice their positions and minutes (Oladipo, Hezonja, Dedmon) for this team to be better.

Hezonja isn't a bust. Chill out motherfuckers. lol. It'll take work but he'll be fine.

I want to watch the Magic just because their homecourt looks good. But I always don't find the time.

Raven
12-04-2015, 09:21 AM
They have a lot of players that have good upside because of their ball handling and athleticism but they need them to pan out to be good shooters.

They are better because Skiles has made them better defensively. They need the young guys offense to come along to make any noise though.
that's what you call potential. Make sure the players have the basis that you can't teach, and then fix the rest.

Raven
12-04-2015, 09:22 AM

who the hell would call hezonja a bust tbh, he's a true diamond and i believe everyone can see that. It's only a matter of getting regular minutes and finding a role.

~O~
12-04-2015, 01:50 PM
who the hell would call hezonja a bust tbh, he's a true diamond and i believe everyone can see that. It's only a matter of getting regular minutes and finding a role.

Just click on it, don't read it. Magic fans are calling him a bust 20 games into the season. Every team has their own bunch of idiots that escalate and are illogical.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1416174&sid=2ff8d8ca384ecb28656884c03b528855#start_here

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-04-2015, 02:21 PM
As much as I like Jacque he was a terrible coach, never found a way to put all the talent of the team in the right positions to succeed. They're still a bit unbalanced but a trade or two could fix this. I expect them to be very active close to the trade deadline.

spursistan
12-04-2015, 02:51 PM
As much as I like Jacque he was a terrible coach, never found a way to put all the talent of the team in the right positions to succeed. They're still a bit unbalanced but a trade or two could fix this. I expect them to be very active close to the trade deadline.
He was, tbh..he kind jumped too early and wasn't ready for HC job..I don't think he will get another opportunity any time soon..In historically weak East, only 58 wins over near 3 years with that group speak volume of his terrible work..

spursistan
06-25-2016, 12:02 AM
Bump..

well, that was pretty optimistic :lol...I agree with Zach lowe in his Ibaka trade piece, the lack of transcendent talent lead to this kind of confusion and false starts in the rebuilding project..

It has been tough to suss out much of an identity beyond that, and it gets tougher now. Tobias Harris is gone, for nothing. Oladipo is out in favor of an older player who has looked slower and more ground-bound since a couple of leg injuries. Win-now reaches for Channing Frye, C.J. Watson, Jason Smith, and Ben Gordon mostly went bust COMMA and gave the impression of a team flailing around in too many directions at once.

This is what happens sometimes when you bottom out and don't draft a foundational star who defines the direction of your team. You try lots of stuff, and eventually grow impatient for a playoff appearance. Is this Ibaka's team now? Aaron Gordon's? Elfrid Payton's? Does Payton top out as anything better than a poor man's Ricky Rubio?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16480955/breaking-other-side-ibaka-oladipo-trade

the post-Dwight Magic will be basically Denver East (post-Melo)..