PDA

View Full Version : David West benched

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-30-2015, 09:33 PM
8 minutes tonight.. With gutting our depth we can't have that... He really hasn't played that bad

disciple
10-30-2015, 09:35 PM
8 minutes tonight.. With gutting our depth we can't have that... He really hasn't played that bad

He's in now

urunobili
10-30-2015, 09:36 PM
So did Butler and Anderson

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-30-2015, 09:36 PM
He's in now
I'm talking about when it counts man

RD2191
10-30-2015, 09:43 PM
Dude looks done imo

TheGreatYacht
10-30-2015, 09:48 PM
Better not get benched against Griffin. Dude needs to get checked

Mugen
10-30-2015, 09:48 PM
:lol He's fine tbh. Pop was going extra hard in that 3rd qtr for some reason and shortened the rotation. He'll be much better later once Pop figures out lineups usually around Dec/Jan.

Brian Windhorst
10-30-2015, 09:51 PM
Really don't know how Pop is going to find minutes for him when it's pretty clear he and Diaw cannot play together under any circumstance tbh.

look_at_g_shred
10-30-2015, 09:52 PM
Looked horrid on defense tonight.

LittleCriminal
10-30-2015, 09:53 PM
Boban
West
Diaw
Manu
Mills

Lineup should be considered by pop..

dabom
10-30-2015, 09:53 PM
This guy is a playoff vet. We don't need to worry about him too much.

Brian Windhorst
10-30-2015, 09:56 PM

He just isn't a center tbh. And a player like Bargnani, despite his shortcomings, is going to roast him every time.

BackHome
No kidding the dude would be a starter on a lot of teams every new person we get needs time to get used to his new team.

kobyz
The man left no movement anymore, he's basically done, why you think he gave up 11 mil? He knaw he not worth any of this and didn't want to stole money...

ElNono
10-30-2015, 09:57 PM
He was too lost, and he knows it.... it's fine, he'll get up to speed... we just can afford to drop these kind of games at home...

Hoops Czar
10-30-2015, 09:59 PM
No kidding the dude would be a starter on a lot of teams every new person we get needs time to get used to his new team.

Lottery teams maybe.

BatManu20
Is Kobyz legit short bus or just a really shitter poster tbh? Need to confirm.

SoonerSpur512
We have him for the vet minimum. Hard to be too tough on him tbh

ElNono
10-30-2015, 10:00 PM
Is Kobyz legit short bus or just a really shitter poster tbh? Need to confirm.

later

Hoops Czar
10-30-2015, 10:01 PM
He was too lost, and he knows it.... it's fine, he'll get up to speed... we just can afford to drop these kind of games at home...

Sloppy post tbh. Everybody knows "regular season games are meaningless".

BatManu20
10-30-2015, 10:01 PM
later

:tu

ElNono
10-30-2015, 10:02 PM
Sloppy post tbh. Everybody knows "regular season games are meaningless".

that's only when we lose against solid teams, tbqh, fwiw, imo

Hoops Czar
10-30-2015, 10:05 PM
that's only when we lose against solid teams, tbqh, fwiw, imo:lmao

ElNono
10-30-2015, 10:07 PM
:lmao

:lol

There's some truth to it though... some people think losing to OKC in October will have any bearing in a possible playoff series... that's kinda ridiculous too...

Beating the shitty teams at home is basically much more important now to build up the record while the team gets better... the barometer against good teams is better measured later down the road

DMC
10-30-2015, 10:07 PM
It doesn't mean anything. David West is going to play. He was fine if they would have gone to him instead of settling for long jumpers.

Keepin' it real
10-30-2015, 10:17 PM
David West benched

Was West starting?

I must have missed that.

HarlemHeat37
10-30-2015, 10:34 PM

:lol no, he's a good 4th big..nobody should expect anything more, he hasn't been better than that since 2013..

LakerHater
10-30-2015, 10:35 PM
Nah, Coach Pop still wrkn on line ups!

cjw
10-30-2015, 10:51 PM
Boban
West
Diaw
Manu
Mills

Considering Anderson has no foot speed, that might work as well defensively and creates huge mismatches offensively.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-30-2015, 10:56 PM
This guy is a playoff vet. We don't need to worry about him too much.
He's a career playoff choker, honestly... watch the 3 Miami-Indiana series again, West had about 100 late fourth quarter gaffes in the three series combined, including missed free throws, missed chip shots, and dumb turnovers. Dude isn't clutch, all bark and no bite when it matters.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-30-2015, 10:57 PM
Considering Anderson has no foot speed, that might work as well defensively and creates huge mismatches offensively.
Nah, would prefer to see Boban/Diaw/Butler/Manu/Mills. Mismatches all over, playmaking all over, shooting all over, and solid defense. That's our best bench lineup TBQH.

TheDoctor
10-30-2015, 11:00 PM
It was quite clear that he was kinda lost on both sides of the court. 2nd unit ran much more plays and motion than the starters plus he made some pretty dumb mistakes. Unnecessary fouls, etc. He will be fine. He's a proven intelligent veteran.

dabom
10-30-2015, 11:01 PM
He's a career playoff choker, honestly... watch the 3 Miami-Indiana series again, West had about 100 late fourth quarter gaffes in the three series combined, including missed free throws, missed chip shots, and dumb turnovers. Dude isn't clutch, all bark and no bite when it matters.

He is still a playoff vet with tons of playoff experience. He was the pacer's semi-leader. He will contribute for the Spurs. I have no doubt about that. He is just looking lost like LMA at times.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-30-2015, 11:02 PM
It was quite clear that he was kinda lost on both sides of the court. 2nd unit ran much more plays and motion than the starters plus he made some pretty dumb mistakes. Unnecessary fouls, etc. He will be fine. He's a proven intelligent veteran.
The worst part was throwing low chest passes to Boban when he's 7'4" and could easily catch the ball if you just throw it high into the air. West thinks Boban is Wes fucking Welker and it's not funny

Spurs 4 The Win
10-30-2015, 11:11 PM
The worst part was throwing low chest passes to Boban when he's 7'4" and could easily catch the ball if you just throw it high into the air. West thinks Boban is Wes fucking Welker and it's not funny

Chill dude, its been 2 games, like seriously, you sound ridiculous

ducks
10-30-2015, 11:15 PM
West will play more some games then others Duncan will not play all

SAGirl
10-30-2015, 11:18 PM
Against OKC and all through preseason as well.

SAGirl
10-30-2015, 11:19 PM
He is still a playoff vet with tons of playoff experience. He was the pacer's semi-leader. He will contribute for the Spurs. I have no doubt about that. He is just looking lost like LMA at times.
The problem is his defense. He's playing out of position at C. Maybe he will do something about it, but right now he's been aweful as a 5 for the bench.

dabom
10-30-2015, 11:22 PM
The problem is his defense. He's playing out of position at C. Maybe he will do something about it, but right now he's been aweful as a 5 for the bench.

Give us an analysis of him moving forward then. Much like chinook, you don't say much besides after the fact.

dabom
10-30-2015, 11:22 PM
It doesn't need to be a page long. Just a short straight to the point tidbit.

Arcadian
10-30-2015, 11:25 PM
Boban
West
Diaw
Manu
Mills

That's my second unit in 2K... Diaw is versatile enough to play SF

Dex
10-30-2015, 11:40 PM
Pop is just throwing out different combos right now. Besides, most of the fourth was a glorified practice session.

z0sa
10-31-2015, 02:50 AM
West and Diaw as the two bigs is bad on the glass, though. It is only two games in but I think we kinda all know it is the truth. Something has to give - either a reshuffling of minutes for Tim/LMA, or a bigger lineup with Boban at the five - assuming, of course, both Diaw and West both get PT.

SAGirl
10-31-2015, 03:26 AM
West and Diaw as the two bigs is bad on the glass, though. It is only two games in but I think we kinda all know it is the truth. Something has to give - either a reshuffling of minutes for Tim/LMA, or a bigger lineup with Boban at the five - assuming, of course, both Diaw and West both get PT.
West has also been very bad at PnR defense TBH. I never knew he was this bad. He needs a lot of help to cover for him, he is not a perimeter D, under no circumstances do you want him closing out a shooter and he gives way too much space to guards out of PnR, which gives them too many options. He doesn't have boxout for rebounds, looses track of his man. I hope he cleans his act up.

Spurtacular
10-31-2015, 03:43 AM
Why are we worried about wearing down a 37 year-old? West will get plenty of mins when Duncan has his DNPs.

SAGirl
10-31-2015, 04:17 AM
Why are we worried about wearing down a 37 year-old? West will get plenty of mins when Duncan has his DNPs.
I thought he was 35. Personally, I think he's exposed by playing out of position, and he's a classic old school big guy, a tough big who you don't want coming out to the perimeter. No idea what is up with his lack of awareness on defensive boards. He will get benched in close games like he was this time. I don't think he wants to loose minutes to Boban, so I hope he improves. It is early in the season.

dweaver99027
10-31-2015, 05:21 AM
Awful defensively in the first 2 games... still too early to make definitive judgements.

ceperez
10-31-2015, 05:25 AM

Stats show he had the lowest +/- of the team at -5. Second team had problems defending the paint again and lost the lead. Last year the 2nd team had Baynes in the paint, Boban should eventually be patrolling the paint for the 2nd team.

West probably is best to play with Duncan, so the 2nd team morphs into Duncan, West, Anderson, Ginobili, Mills and the first team Aldridge, Diaw, Leonard, Green, Parker. But that's just because you want to accommodate West, which I honestly don't think he should be in the team!

Fireball
10-31-2015, 08:44 AM
Really don't know how Pop is going to find minutes for him when it's pretty clear he and Diaw cannot play together under any circumstance tbh. its really playing Duncan more with the second unit ... him working together with Manu was a beauty ...

SpursBig3s
10-31-2015, 10:09 AM
:lol

There's some truth to it though... some people think losing to OKC in October will have any bearing in a possible playoff series... that's kinda ridiculous too...

Beating the shitty teams at home is basically much more important now to build up the record while the team gets better... the barometer against good teams is better measured later down the road

Totally agree with this, especially this year with all the new faces. Our schedule is very kind the first 2 months, gotta take advantage while getting LMA, West, etc. acclimated

SpursBig3s
10-31-2015, 10:12 AM
Give us an analysis of him moving forward then. Much like chinook, you don't say much besides after the fact.

Right, because all you do is put in a laughing emoticon and call people faggots.

tholdren
10-31-2015, 10:22 AM
west is Mycdyess 2.0, luckily we didn't pay him

ceperez
10-31-2015, 10:26 AM
its really playing Duncan more with the second unit ... him working together with Manu was a beauty ...

It only makes sense to play West along either LMA or Duncan. Pairing West with Diaw results in a team that can't protect the glass.

Fireball
10-31-2015, 10:50 AM
It only makes sense to play West along either LMA or Duncan. Pairing West with Diaw results in a team that can't protect the glass.

thats the direction I was going ... if Tim plays more with the 2nd unit either West or Boris have to play more with LMA in the first unit

BillMc
10-31-2015, 11:05 AM
thats the direction I was going ... if Tim plays more with the 2nd unit either West or Boris have to play more with LMA in the first unit

Someone said (or wrote) that it looks like Tim may fall into Tiago's substitution pattern from last year. I can't recall exactly when Splitter used to come in and out, but I do remember he got to play a lot with the second team even though he was usually the starter.

Of course, even with managing Tim's minutes I'd expect he'd have more gametime than Tiago used to. But maybe not in the regular season if Pop is going to be conservative as LMA and Kawhi do the heavy lifting.

DarrinS
10-31-2015, 11:24 AM
West is a good dude and made a huge sacrifice to play here. I want him to be productive and happy he made that decision. Would like to see him play alongside TD or LMA.

Seventyniner
10-31-2015, 11:29 AM
Is Kobyz legit short bus or just a really shitter poster tbh?

Yes.

BillMc
10-31-2015, 11:32 AM
West is a good dude and made a huge sacrifice to play here. I want him to be productive and happy he made that decision. Would like to see him play alongside TD or LMA.

Agree. Want West to succeed and completely respect him. The question is where is the best fit?

Budkin
10-31-2015, 12:17 PM

This all day

Russ
10-31-2015, 12:30 PM
Will he fit in?

West is an asset and assets are assets.

Don't overthink it.

BatManu20
10-31-2015, 01:33 PM
Yes.

:lol :tu

Kikoluna
10-31-2015, 03:00 PM
Ummmm, I remember west giving us he'll years back in that 7 game series vs New Orleans. I know he's older but come playoff time I see him beating up annoying cp3 and Blake. He will be useful

UNT Eagles 2016
10-31-2015, 04:53 PM
Ummmm, I remember west giving us he'll years back in that 7 game series vs New Orleans. I know he's older but come playoff time I see him beating up annoying cp3 and Blake. He will be useful
Yeah I remember that too, that's like the only year he played well in the playoffs, dude couldn't miss from 15 feet out and it's part of why we really struggled to win that series.

EVAY
10-31-2015, 05:37 PM
its really playing Duncan more with the second unit ... him working together with Manu was a beauty ...

Agreed. It was the most beautiful basketball we have seen since 2014.

Spurtacular
10-31-2015, 06:29 PM
I thought he was 35. Personally, I think he's exposed by playing out of position, and he's a classic old school big guy, a tough big who you don't want coming out to the perimeter. No idea what is up with his lack of awareness on defensive boards. He will get benched in close games like he was this time. I don't think he wants to loose minutes to Boban, so I hope he improves. It is early in the season.

Well, the point I'd say is that there is no need to worry about getting West a threshold of minutes per game unless his pscyche depends on it (which I don't think it does much). I'd bring him in in the first and third quarters consistently to symbolically reinforce his importance. But he'll get enough strong minute games for the Diaw, LMA, Duncan DNPs to make his stats look decent. Hopefully, he's already resigned himself to hitting efficiency and not totals.

dweaver99027
11-01-2015, 06:04 AM
David West has played as a pure, old school bruising PF with range next to an elite rim protector his whole damn long career. I think he deserves some adjustment time.

Gladney to see you
11-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Yes, he deserves adjustment time. Some guys take longer than other to adjust to our style, especially, where he is coming from.

NameLess Scrub
11-01-2015, 09:29 AM
That's my second unit in 2K... Diaw is versatile enough to play SF

This could work, as long as Diaw isn't horrible defensively and Boban can actually produce.

I think it's much easier to play Diaw as a SF than to have Diaw/West play the 4 & 5 and be undersized and unable to protect the paint.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-01-2015, 06:30 PM
9 minutes tonight.. bet he didn't expect this

Mr. Body
11-01-2015, 06:33 PM
He's going to be effective. Pop has to learn how best to use him and he'll learn his spots. Give me a fucking break.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-01-2015, 06:34 PM
He's going to be effective. Pop has to learn how best to use him and he'll learn his spots. Give me a fucking break.

Like T-Mac, right? Nah lets just go with 8 turnovers in G6.. no good alternatives /pop

HarlemHeat37
11-01-2015, 06:35 PM
His entire game is reliant on others setting shit up for his mid-range J..it's going to take some time, the Spurs haven't even integrated Aldridge, yet, let alone West..

Mr. Body
11-01-2015, 06:36 PM
Like T-Mac, right? Nah lets just go with 8 turnovers in G6.. no good alternatives /pop

You're right, this is just like TMa .

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-01-2015, 06:37 PM
You're right, this is just like TMa .

Maybe - maybe not. But for you to act like this is such a "duh" thing - it's not.

DAF86
11-01-2015, 07:12 PM
He's gonna start tomorrow.