PDA

View Full Version : So much to be said about our 1 and 3

look_at_g_shred
10-30-2015, 10:57 PM
But when they both have it going on, our team is damn near untouchable. The 3rd quarter is symbolic of that.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-30-2015, 11:00 PM
our 4 and 5 are pretty damn good too I think

look_at_g_shred
10-30-2015, 11:02 PM
our 4 and 5 are pretty damn good too I think
Yea for sure, yet those two have not near the criticism TP and KL get.

TheGreatYacht
10-30-2015, 11:03 PM
BTW I was curious who was the best ball hog on the team (only checked Big3 and Kawhi):

With 20 or more FGA (because it's a round number unlike 18).

Tony Parker 105-45 = 70%
Kawhi Leonard 2-1 = 66.7%
Manu Ginobili 19-11 = 63.3%
Tim Duncan 179-125 = 58.9%
Agreed. Kawhi plays better when someone else is taking over. Aldridge, Parker, Tim, Manu etc

That 8 point spark by Parker got the team going as well as LMA's block :tu

FkLA
10-30-2015, 11:14 PM
Too bad our 1 only has a quarter like that once every couple of months.

dabom
10-30-2015, 11:19 PM
Too bad our 1 only has a quarter like that once every couple of months.

Reminds me of last year. Tony had a decent run vs shit competition coming back from injury and then got shat on vs good competition. Still, I'll take a 2014 tony quarter over 2015 tony quarters. :lmao

apalisoc_9
10-30-2015, 11:19 PM
Too bad our 1 only has a quarter like that once every six months.

FIFY

FkLA
10-30-2015, 11:21 PM
Yeah, it's stupid. It's like saying we are unbeatable when Bonner hits 5+ threes. I'm sure he's done it before but you can't really count on that.

Cry Havoc
10-30-2015, 11:22 PM
Oh, look, you guys are still circlejerking. Have you actually attempted procreation yet? Is that on the agenda?

look_at_g_shred
10-30-2015, 11:22 PM
You guys are crazy :lol I can poke fun of both of them but just for fun not being serious. I swear though we could win a 6th ring in a game 7 and y'all would be like "yeah but Porker had 6 more shot attempts!! He almost lost it for us that fat French faggot!!!"

SAGirl
10-30-2015, 11:24 PM
But when they both have it going on, our team is damn near untouchable. The 3rd quarter is symbolic of that.
When Tony plays well, he's a difference maker. We had too many TO in the first half, in the second half he got the ball and started making plays. That along with everyone stopping their loafing around and Pop shortening the rotation for defensive purposes blew the game wide open.

TheGreatYacht
10-30-2015, 11:25 PM
As washed up as Kobe is, (5/12, 3AST, 3TO) he had a better night than our very own Kawhobe (6/16, 1AST, 4TO)

:bang

Arcadian
10-30-2015, 11:32 PM
Oh, look, you guys are still circlejerking. Have you actually attempted procreation yet? Is that on the agenda?

Shhh, don't give them any ideas. If they discover the pussy, humanity = fucked.

cjw
10-30-2015, 11:47 PM
As washed up as Kobe is, (5/12, 3AST, 3TO) he had a better night than our very own Kawhobe (6/16, 1AST, 4TO)

:bang

Nice job selectively using stats. I didn't watch the Lakers game but it's clear they gave up 132 points in regulation and the guy Kobe was likely primarily guarding (Gay) shot 8 of 12.

Spurs gave up 58 less points and Kawhi almost shut out Joe Johnson for the first time in over 800 games. His 1 make was on a play Kawhi was switched off him.

Not to mention no mention of boards or steals, because it's clear how much you love counting stats.

Brazil
10-31-2015, 07:19 AM
Those first two games have been positive for the Spurs in general and Kawhi / TP in particular. It seems both have embraced totally their new roles, Kawhi as Spurs best player and TP as facilitator not forcing the issue.

TP is making plays and Kawhi took over on defense as expected but also on Offense.

so far so good tbh

BillMc
10-31-2015, 07:45 AM
Those first two games have been positive for the Spurs in general and Kawhi / TP in particular. It seems both have embraced totally their new roles, Kawhi as Spurs best player and TP as facilitator not forcing the issue.

TP is making plays and Kawhi took over on defense as expected but also on Offense.

so far so good tbh

This.

And LMA has embraced defense and dirty work until his O comes around.

Brazil
10-31-2015, 08:15 AM
This.

And LMA has embraced defense and dirty work until his O comes around.

Yes it's probably the biggest good news IMO. Some could have some concerns about his comments regarding touches ppg etc... But it appears these first two games are heading in the right direction

pookenstein
10-31-2015, 08:31 AM

so far so good tbh

:tu
:bobo

Fireball
10-31-2015, 08:34 AM
Yes it's probably the biggest good news IMO. Some could have some concerns about his comments regarding touches ppg etc... But it appears these first two games are heading in the right direction I loved seeing LMA much more engaged in the second half against Brooklyn ... suddenly he seemed to realize that he can have fun out there without constantly trying his fadeaway jumper ...

EVAY
10-31-2015, 08:40 AM

so far so good tbh

Well said. :tu

ElNono
10-31-2015, 08:41 AM

so far so good tbh

cool story... :lol

Brazil
10-31-2015, 01:35 PM
cool story... :lol

:rolleyes

What at do you mean by cool story ? You disagree or it is too vanilla mainstream take ?