PDA

View Full Version : Will Aldridge adjust before Christmas?

GreggPopAsnitch
10-31-2015, 12:21 AM
He didn't play bad at all today, but how long do you will think it'll take until he's scoring 23+ Point games?
I noticed he's a little passive and interviews he said pop is telling him to shoot more, but it seems like he isn't getting close to enough touches. I know it's the 2nd game but I expected a little more.

How long do yall think it will take?

apalisoc_9
10-31-2015, 12:25 AM
He's never going to to get that many points. He's not the Alpha and Top dog of the team....It's Kawhi leonard.

Kawhi barely played tonight and still was used more and shot more than Aldridge.

But if Aldridge ends up averaging 10ppg in the season it would be a failed signing unless he turns into some sort of elite role player, and we know that's not his game.

15ppg for Aldridge is fine.

TheGreatYacht
10-31-2015, 12:27 AM
It would be idiotic to use a 12.4ppg career player like Kawhi as the first option on offense over a proven scorer like Lamarcus. His points will come..

GreggPopAsnitch
10-31-2015, 12:30 AM
He's never going to to get that many points. He's not the Alpha and Top dog of the team....It's Kawhi leonard.

Kawhi barely played tonight and still was used more and shot more than Aldridge.

But if Aldridge ends up averaging 10ppg in the season it would be a failed signing unless he turns into some sort of elite role player, and we know that's not his game.

lol I know it's Kawhi's team now, but cmon with all his talent 15 point games seems a little ehhh. I know we may not need it but 20 point games by him are ideal.

apalisoc_9
10-31-2015, 12:33 AM
lol I know it's Kawhi's team now, but cmon with all his talent 15 point games seems a little ehhh. I know we may not need it but 20 point games by him are ideal.

He's not playing for Portland anymore.

If kawhi Played for Portland he'd average 25PPG....

instead he's also playing for the spurs...he'll still average 21+PPG though.

LMA anywhere from 15-18PPG is fine.

He just needs to stop being a pussy and take the wide open jumpers which he never does.

Horry Hipcheck
10-31-2015, 12:33 AM
His points will come if they start running offensive schemes for him. Right now, they're not. Kawhi is the primary scoring threat for the time being.

apalisoc_9
10-31-2015, 12:34 AM
His points will come if they start running offensive schemes for him. Right now, they're not. Kawhi is the primary scoring threat for the time being.

And he will be for YEARS to come.

TrainOfThought5
10-31-2015, 12:36 AM
If he started takin 4-5 threes a game hed increase that clip substantially.

Horry Hipcheck
10-31-2015, 12:37 AM
And he will be for YEARS to come.

I agree. LMA can still have more run for him, though. And I think he will in time. Kawhi will still be ppg leader though. LMA at his most useful might sniff 20 ish ppg.

apalisoc_9
10-31-2015, 12:40 AM
I agree. LMA can still have more run for him, though. And I think he will in time. Kawhi will still be ppg leader though. LMA at his most useful might sniff 20 ish ppg.

Kawhi might even struggle getting to 20ppg...tbh. I have him getting 23ppg this year though and 21+ for sure.

LMA and Kawhi are averaging 29mpg...LMA i think just finished the season last year with 23ppg and is at least still close to peak and Kawhi is peaking but they're both sacrificing individual PPG for pop's team..it is what it is.

no harm in Aldridge getting 18ppg in a spurs system...

LMA played tons of minutes last year..Won't happen here with Pop's tendency to overcoach.

Mnky
10-31-2015, 12:54 AM
6/16. Two were dunks, neither created by his own offense. So 4/14. That's not nearly consistent enough to be a first option. Hes been taking good and bad shots. Needs to stay aggressive and learn the difference, but this team needs Aldridge taking way more shots. When it's the playoffs and defenses are designed to keep Danny from 3s and Tony from driving, and diaw from creating...and all you have is old school one on one basketball, Aldridge will be the difference.

The main thing is the spacing has been horrible. Aldridge is a smart player and constantly spreading the floor for Kawhi and Duncan. When Aldridge gets the ball half the time Kawhi and Duncan haven't cleared out and Aldridge has no room to work. They need to learn to get out of the way.

I have faith it will come. Without Aldridge getting a heavier scoring load, spurs will be stressed for buckets. Kawhi still doesn't know how to handle more than one defender. He constantly makes a bad pass or loses the ball when driving and is met with help defense.

All that being said, 2nd game.

They'll be alright by Christmas.

apalisoc_9
10-31-2015, 01:01 AM
6/16. Two were dunks, neither created by his own offense. So 4/14. That's not nearly consistent enough to be a first option. Hes been taking good and bad shots. Needs to stay aggressive and learn the difference, but this team needs Aldridge taking way more shots. When it's the playoffs and defenses are designed to keep Danny from 3s and Tony from driving, and diaw from creating...and all you have is old school one on one basketball, Aldridge will be the difference.

The main thing is the spacing has been horrible. Aldridge is a smart player and constantly spreading the floor for Kawhi and Duncan. When Aldridge gets the ball half the time Kawhi and Duncan haven't cleared out and Aldridge has no room to work. They need to learn to get out of the way.

I have faith it will come. Without Aldridge getting a heavier scoring load, spurs will be stressed for buckets. Kawhi still doesn't know how to handle more than one defender. He constantly makes a bad pass or loses the ball when driving and is met with help defense.

You are by far one of the dumbest posters in his site......With a dumb sig too.

Stick to video games fella.

it's Kawhi time..:hat

daslicer
10-31-2015, 01:11 AM

Agreed with what you said about Kawhi he still lacks the consistency to be a number 1 option. Just like last year he followed up a great offensive game with a shitty offensive game. I think he's at his best being a number 2 guy that's why I would prefer LMA being the number 1 guy over him.

tbdog
10-31-2015, 01:13 AM

I find this weird, tbh. Why aren't they? They seemed like they were in the pre season. They ran the first play of the game for him. But not much after they. He hit the shot over the smaller Young, but they did not go back to that to much later. They later ran a baseline screen for him to post up on maybe about 3 times in the second half. The Nets switched on the screen and had Lopez mark him. This was weird cause now you want the Spurs to swing it around and get it down low for TD for the mismatch, but they did not. They fed him and he passed it out more times than he shot it.

I also noticed that the Spurs are not running to many picks and pops with Parker and LMA, and favouring the TD pick instead. Thats fine and all, but you want to use LMA range.

All in all, I am not sure where Pop is going with things? It honestly felt like Diaw and west had more offensive touches combined than LMA.

TheGreatYacht
10-31-2015, 01:31 AM

Agreed with what you said about Kawhi he still lacks the consistency to be a number 1 option. Just like last year he followed up a great offensive game with a shitty offensive game. I think he's at his best being a number 2 guy that's why I would prefer LMA being the number 1 guy over him.
Great posts! :toast

z0sa
10-31-2015, 02:44 AM
I think LMA needs more shots, personally. But, game 2 and all that.

SAGirl
10-31-2015, 02:47 AM
He didn't play bad at all today, but how long do you will think it'll take until he's scoring 23+ Point games?
I noticed he's a little passive and interviews he said pop is telling him to shoot more, but it seems like he isn't getting close to enough touches. I know it's the 2nd game but I expected a little more.

I am not sure. I don't mind at all a game like today because if others are scoring the ball well like they did tonight, you don't need him to be looking for his shot. He's not forcing shots unless its a post up and in fact, several of his post ups just end up with ball movement and someone else taking the shot not him. I don't think he wants to be the inefficient guy he's been in the past, so he's been more selective with what he's doing. He's also playing less minutes than he was in Portland, so that messes up his numbers, just like it has for all Spurs before him.

He's also very engaged defensively and rebounding. It actually looks like he's starting to gel with the guys. I am liking his game more now than in Portland TBH. I think he's bound to have a scoring explosion soon though, he's too talented a scorer. I just want him to be in rhythm for close games like the OKC game. Its actually against the elite teams that we need him to be sharp.

freetiago
10-31-2015, 02:52 AM
They keep setting picks with Duncan. I've seen almost no picks by Aldridge. This is taking out the pick and pop game. His best games in preseason came when he was screening and getting pick and pops. Right now he's getting nothing. They need to stop trying to post him and let him screen/pop/roll

SAGirl
10-31-2015, 02:58 AM
I find this weird, tbh. Why aren't they? They seemed like they were in the pre season. They ran the first play of the game for him. But not much after they. He hit the shot over the smaller Young, but they did not go back to that to much later. They later ran a baseline screen for him to post up on maybe about 3 times in the second half. The Nets switched on the screen and had Lopez mark him. This was weird cause now you want the Spurs to swing it around and get it down low for TD for the mismatch, but they did not. They fed him and he passed it out more times than he shot it.

I also noticed that the Spurs are not running to many picks and pops with Parker and LMA, and favouring the TD pick instead. Thats fine and all, but you want to use LMA range.

All in all, I am not sure where Pop is going with things? It honestly felt like Diaw and west had more offensive touches combined than LMA.
I agree with you. I get the feeling that Pop calls some plays, but he is also reluctant to impose a lot of stuff this early. He has said that with a talent like Lamarcus, he likes to observe what he does naturally, and how players interact and play with each other naturally, how he plays off others and vice versa. The problem is everyone else has been playing together for years literally, and he's a newcomer. You are right there is a lot more PnR action between Tony and Timmy than with him, but Tony and Timmy could do those plays half awake at this stage with how long they have been together. LMA has also been unselfish and passed out of post ups as soon as the man comes to help and double, he's not forcing shots.
It will take guys to actually look for LMA to make plays organically, and that will develop with chemistry and time. So far, so good. I'd say by December they should be rolling.

SAGirl
10-31-2015, 03:00 AM
They keep setting picks with Duncan. I've seen almost no picks by Aldridge. This is taking out the pick and pop game. His best games in preseason came when he was screening and getting pick and pops. Right now he's getting nothing. They need to stop trying to post him and let him screen/pop/roll
You know who has some killer PnR action with LMA in limited time? Kyle Anderson. If LMA starts playing a few minutes in lineups with Anderson, I think that particular play is going to be a go to thing between these two.

apalisoc_9
10-31-2015, 03:05 AM
You know who has some killer PnR action with LMA in limited time? Kyle Anderson. If LMA starts playing a few minutes in lineups with Anderson, I think that particular play is going to be a go to thing between these two.

Anderson is rarely to never going to handle the ball in RS with Ginobili and Mills on the floor..it's not going to happen.

I said it during LMA first pre-season game....Just run him some damn PnP...Leonard gets so much attention now as an offensive player, he and LMA should be working on a PnP and Roll...

Cry Havoc
10-31-2015, 03:09 AM
I think it'd be great to see LMA and Kawhi each at about 18-20 points per game, with Parker and Duncan getting 13-16 a piece. That's about 70 reliable points a night from our big 4. If that happens, we only need to grab ~32 from the other guys to win most nights.

SAGirl
10-31-2015, 03:14 AM
I think it'd be great to see LMA and Kawhi each at about 18-20 points per game, with Parker and Duncan getting 13-16 a piece. That's about 70 reliable points a night from our big 4. If that happens, we only need to grab ~32 from the other guys to win most nights.
Indeed, and the bench can score. The problem has been defense, which leads me to believe the starting lineup will open and close games, but the bench players will be staggered in between. The second unit is now too prolific in good passers, poor defenders and the first unit is too heavy on isolation guys and one on one players and just the one shooter in Danny. Of course they can space the floor for each other, but they could benefit from sprinkling some playmkaers here or there, and boosting the bench with some better defenders. I am not sure how Pop will work it out, but we are bound to see a lot of mix and match this early, which makes it tough to allocate shots per se like that. Spurs move the ball and someone ends with a shot. You just have guys in there like Diaw and Anderson though who are passers and look to set others up, and they are happy with getting 1-4 shots if that TBH.

apalisoc_9
10-31-2015, 03:17 AM

That's not going to happen, not anymore I don't think.

this years Team PPG is pretty darn predictable, considering how Pop is utilizing and using players.

Kawhi 21+
Aldridge 16+ or 18+ depending on when he's grows a pair and starts shooting wide open jumpers that he almost always passes or opts for a post up
Tony 12-14
Tim 10-12
Danny 10-11

I would for Danny to be around 12-13 though....That's just means the ball is moving.

dweaver99027
10-31-2015, 05:11 AM
Yes. The pnRs are going to feature him more and he'll get the ball more down low. Matter of time.

Mnky
10-31-2015, 11:31 AM
Pop said in an interview, "hes doing what new people do" talking about his want to pass and divert first. It's hard to get a feel for lma in his interviews. Can't tell if he's bothered or just trying to be politically correct.

A Kawhi Aldridge consiatent pick n roll will be a nice. Christmas present.

Seventyniner
10-31-2015, 11:35 AM
By Christmas, definitely. By Thanksgiving is a better question. As said by many others, Aldridge won't score 23 ppg but 20 is quite reasonable.

SuperCam
10-31-2015, 11:39 AM
Aldridge is one of the victims of Kiwi's kobe-ball right now, tbh. 1:7 A/TO ratio hurting the team alphas...

RD2191
10-31-2015, 11:46 AM
You are by far one of the dumbest posters in his site......With a dumb sig too.

Stick to video games fella.

it's Kawhi time..:hat

SuperCam
10-31-2015, 11:50 AM

A+ take, tbh :tu

cjw
10-31-2015, 12:12 PM
When people talk about adjusting shooting percentages for Leonard's two dunks and then comparing it to averages, it demonstrates a complete misunderstanding of how statistics work. League averages have those plays baked in too! More important to look at a larger sample size which will come as season progresses and look at shot types, game situations, etc.

It's like talking about a running back only averaging 3.0 yards per carry in a game if you took out his 30 and 50 yard TD scampers. Sample size and bias. Now if you were looking at a RB's median YPC on first and second down (non-short yardage, typical rushing situations), that's a much better indicator.

With Lamarcus, his offense will pick up as thing progress. It's not an easy system to be integrated into, and he's not totally lost out there. The bigger story is defensively, he's not going to be a significant drop-off, if at all, from Splitter. And you can't really compare his defense to Splitter's. Splitter played 60% of the minutes Aldridge will, so throw in 40% of Baynes/Ayres/Bonner too that he'll replace.

Russ
10-31-2015, 12:24 PM
Before which Christmas?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120612195712/villains/images/5/5b/Future.jpg

The bigger story is defensively, he's not going to be a significant drop-off, if at all, from Splitter.

If this guy can play defense, the Spurs are going all the way.

baseline bum
10-31-2015, 12:34 PM
Aldridge isn't going to be scoring 23 ppg in the Spurs system until Duncan retires. He's not going to be playing 36 minutes a game in it either. LMA will probably settle in around 18 ppg or so. He does look pretty lost in the offense right now though, the Spurs offense was shit last night until the second half when they kept running plays with Duncan on the strong side and LMA on the weak side. I think within a month or so you'll start to see LMA becoming a really efficient scorer, he's too devastating a pick and pop player to not really excel in this offense sooner or later.

BatManu20
10-31-2015, 01:43 PM
He never will. Time to trade him tbh.

Kikoluna
10-31-2015, 02:49 PM
Aldridge needs to score 15 per game and Leonard 24 per game.

apalisoc_9
10-31-2015, 02:58 PM

daslicer
10-31-2015, 03:13 PM

:lol Too funny considering Kawhi will never even average 20 a game.

apalisoc_9
10-31-2015, 03:19 PM
:lol Too funny considering Kawhi will never even average 20 a game.

He'll get 21+ this year..As I predicted.

go be stupid somewhere else

daslicer
10-31-2015, 03:25 PM
He'll get 21+ this year..As I predicted.

go be stupid somewhere else

:lol You crack me up I still don't see it happening. Kawhi will average somewhere between 16-19.

Mnky
10-31-2015, 03:26 PM
When people talk about adjusting shooting percentages for Leonard's two dunks and then comparing it to averages, it demonstrates a complete misunderstanding of how statistics work. League averages have those plays baked in too! More important to look at a larger sample size which will come as season progresses and look at shot types, game situations, etc.

If you add the two dunks, you're still at 6/16. Hasn't changed the inefficiency. So your statistical argument is moot. The point, however, is that he is not a player who can take a game over on his own regularly yet. The lack of ability to get points when he's missing his shot, defines this. Same thing happened against the Clippers. His shot faded, and so did he. If he is dependent on being a 1 facet scorer of taking fadeaways, it severely limits his ability to impact a defense. Its not a knock on him, but an assessment. It's very easy to game plan against a one trick pony.

Look at what Pop did to LeBron in the finals when he forced him to shoot. Completely disrupted the Cavs system.

Kawhi will be a great player, and is already above average, but he's not the first option material make him out to be at this point. He will have his ups and downs. good games and bad. Stay aggressive, learn from your mistakes and grow. Try to limit the affect it has on integrating your new star player tho.

GreggPopAsnitch
10-31-2015, 04:42 PM
I am not sure. I don't mind at all a game like today because if others are scoring the ball well like they did tonight, you don't need him to be looking for his shot. He's not forcing shots unless its a post up and in fact, several of his post ups just end up with ball movement and someone else taking the shot not him. I don't think he wants to be the inefficient guy he's been in the past, so he's been more selective with what he's doing. He's also playing less minutes than he was in Portland, so that messes up his numbers, just like it has for all Spurs before him.

He's also very engaged defensively and rebounding. It actually looks like he's starting to gel with the guys. I am liking his game more now than in Portland TBH. I think he's bound to have a scoring explosion soon though, he's too talented a scorer. I just want him to be in rhythm for close games like the OKC game. Its actually against the elite teams that we need him to be sharp.

Not saying it was needed, because on nights like last night it wasn't. But there will come times where we need to get him more involved on offense. In the post game interview he said pop wants him to shoot more. I agree its good he is not forcing his shots, but it wont hurt to be a little more aggressive. He was crashing boards and getting putbacks which was nice though. But you cant really mean it when you said you like his game now vs him in Portland.... cmon now.

SAGirl
10-31-2015, 05:47 PM
Not saying it was needed, because on nights like last night it wasn't. But there will come times where we need to get him more involved on offense. In the post game interview he said pop wants him to shoot more. I agree its good he is not forcing his shots, but it wont hurt to be a little more aggressive. He was crashing boards and getting putbacks which was nice though. But you cant really mean it when you said you like his game now vs him in Portland.... cmon now.
I love his game either way, but I am a sucker for good passers and unselfish play. Its my one weakness, because maybe my favorite players are not your typical highlight guys. I just appreciate many subtleties beyond highlight plays. The fact he's more engaged with teammates makes me like him more as a player than I previously did, and I already liked him. We are just seeing an aspect of him that we had not seen in Portland where they made him come across as this selfish diva dude, who only cared about his shots and his role. What I have observed is that he was a product of a system in Portland that emphasized his game, but also placed an extreme burden on his shoulders that did not let him rise above where he got in the playoffs. I think while he's learning the system, he's playing better and more engaged defense than he had previously, and is becoming a more unselfish player. That is important because when he starts to get more aggressive, he's really going to create for himself and promote ball movement at the same time, the way Tim has done for us so many years. He's the successor to Tim and I would rather have him learn Tim's unselfish ways right now so he can carry that banner for us beyond this season, than rushing that process to his Portland ways. We have to remember, he's still learning the system and that calls for a lot of plays that involve the big man in ways that end up in plays for other people.

I think its on others, his new teammates, to look to him for shots organically and the fact they have so much chemistry with each other, kind of leaves him as a spectator to what they are doing way too often. But Lamarcus is way too good, and I think his teammates enjoy playing with him and want him to do well enough that within a few games we are going to start to see the whole thing come together better.

GreggPopAsnitch
10-31-2015, 06:06 PM
I love his game either way, but I am a sucker for good passers and unselfish play. Its my one weakness, because maybe my favorite players are not your typical highlight guys. I just appreciate many subtleties beyond highlight plays. The fact he's more engaged with teammates makes me like him more as a player than I previously did, and I already liked him. We are just seeing an aspect of him that we had not seen in Portland where they made him come across as this selfish diva dude, who only cared about his shots and his role. What I have observed is that he was a product of a system in Portland that emphasized his game, but also placed an extreme burden on his shoulders that did not let him rise above where he got in the playoffs. I think while he's learning the system, he's playing better and more engaged defense than he had previously, and is becoming a more unselfish player. That is important because when he starts to get more aggressive, he's really going to create for himself and promote ball movement at the same time, the way Tim has done for us so many years. He's the successor to Tim and I would rather have him learn Tim's unselfish ways right now so he can carry that banner for us beyond this season, than rushing that process to his Portland ways. We have to remember, he's still learning the system and that calls for a lot of plays that involve the big man in ways that end up in plays for other people.

I think its on others, his new teammates, to look to him for shots organically and the fact they have so much chemistry with each other, kind of leaves him as a spectator to what they are doing way too often. But Lamarcus is way too good, and I think his teammates enjoy playing with him and want him to do well enough that within a few games we are going to start to see the whole thing come together better.

Well wow that was spot on! I see where you're coming from.

Maj_G
10-31-2015, 09:14 PM
it's exciting to see LMA atop the AdjGS chart for the first time as a Spur. He did a little bit of everything in this one, playing assertive defense, dominating the boards, spreading the ball around and taking it to the rack. In the second half he even broke a smile and appeared to be enjoying himself for the first time this year. That's scary for the rest of the league, for whom a relaxed, confident LaMarcus might spell certain doom.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/10/31/9651250/study-hall-spurs-burn-the-nets

it's not all about offense, you guys. LMA played much better than he is given credit for.

cjw
10-31-2015, 10:25 PM
If you add the two dunks, you're still at 6/16. Hasn't changed the inefficiency. So your statistical argument is moot. The point, however, is that he is not a player who can take a game over on his own regularly yet. The lack of ability to get points when he's missing his shot, defines this. Same thing happened against the Clippers. His shot faded, and so did he. If he is dependent on being a 1 facet scorer of taking fadeaways, it severely limits his ability to impact a defense. Its not a knock on him, but an assessment. It's very easy to game plan against a one trick pony.

Look at what Pop did to LeBron in the finals when he forced him to shoot. Completely disrupted the Cavs system.

Kawhi will be a great player, and is already above average, but he's not the first option material make him out to be at this point. He will have his ups and downs. good games and bad. Stay aggressive, learn from your mistakes and grow. Try to limit the affect it has on integrating your new star player tho.

You miss the point. Taking one game and overreacting. 16 shots is a tiny sample size, even smaller than the 13 of 22 in his first game. Add them together and you have a bigger sample size at 50% shooting (very good for such high usage).

He didn't fade yesterday either - continued to beast on defense. You see what he did to Joe Johnson?

If you think he's "above average" and not great, don't know what to tell you.

I do agree I wish he'd be more aggressive when his jumper isn't falling, and has to learn to dish better which will open up driving lanes for him. Kawhi-LMA two man game has so much potential.

YGWHI
11-01-2015, 09:03 AM
If you add the two dunks, you're still at 6/16. Hasn't changed the inefficiency. So your statistical argument is moot. The point, however, is that he is not a player who can take a game over on his own regularly yet. The lack of ability to get points when he's missing his shot, defines this.
Things are changing...His shots weren't falling against the Nets and he still found ways to score. He's becoming a pretty solid offensive player even if his shot abandon him at times.

Mnky
11-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Things are changing...His shots weren't falling against the Nets and he still found ways to score. He's becoming a pretty solid offensive player even if his shot abandon him at times.

He is growing. I've always said the more opportunities he gets the better he's going to become. His offensive game was limited to growing due to the lack of touches in the past. I'm excited to see him learn to be that player with the spurs.

hater
11-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Aldridge looks good tbqh.

he's hustling on D, getting good offensive rebounds and making great passes. His shot is off but that is nothing to worry about.

Very happy at what I'm seeing. :tu

Mnky
11-01-2015, 04:38 PM
You miss the point. Taking one game and overreacting. 16 shots is a tiny sample size, even smaller than the 13 of 22 in his first game. Add them together and you have a bigger sample size at 50% shooting (very good for such high usage).

He didn't fade yesterday either - continued to beast on defense. You see what he did to Joe Johnson?

If you think he's "above average" and not great, don't know what to tell you.

I do agree I wish he'd be more aggressive when his jumper isn't falling, and has to learn to dish better which will open up driving lanes for him. Kawhi-LMA two man game has so much potential.

I didn't miss the point, i addressed it head on. You just misspoke, and adjusted your argument after. The original question once again, was at the growth from now to Christmas. The sample size we have was the evidence prorcided. The next 40 games couldnt be used as they haven't happened. I also refered to the clippers series which supported my sample size evidence.

He did fade away offensively(which is what we are talking about).

Yea. I'm pretty excited about a lma Kawhi future. Supporting cast will get better in the coming years too, as we inject athletic youth which will be put in position to thrive under pop. The futures bright, no doubt.

Mnky
11-01-2015, 04:41 PM
Aldridge looks good tbqh.

he's hustling on D, getting good offensive rebounds and making great passes. His shot is off but that is nothing to worry about.

Very happy at what I'm seeing. :tu

10 rebs, 4 asst. 6 pts. Great half. Game changes with him having that ball.

dweaver99027
11-01-2015, 04:41 PM
Has demonstrated a complete game so far, even if the scoring outburst isn't there yet. He's playing like Splitter on steroids, though, gotta love it.

Fireball
11-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Offensively LMA might be a case of Kevin Love where it takes more than one season to make him more comfortable ... sadly the Spurs do not have that time window

Mr Bones
11-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Last game, LMA led the team in rebounds and was tied for lead in assists. Today at the half, he leads the team in rebounds and assists again. I'd say he's adjusting pretty well.

GreggPopAsnitch
11-01-2015, 05:00 PM
If Aldridge Isn't dominating offensively, why did we waste a max contract on him? We can easily find someone that is doing what he has been doing these past games. Boards and a couple assists???? Idk why you people are satisfied with his play. Honestly diaw can do what he's doing now plus more.

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 05:20 PM
If Aldridge Isn't dominating offensively, why did we waste a max contract on him? We can easily find someone that is doing what he has been doing these past games. Boards and a couple assists???? Idk why you people are satisfied with his play. Honestly diaw can do what he's doing now plus more.
because he's doing all those things well while his offense is still the worst it's ever going to be

ducks
11-01-2015, 05:44 PM
lma playing well

HarlemHeat37
11-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Not sure what people expected..this is a very difficult system to fit into, let alone 3 games in:lol..

Even today isn't indicative, as the Celtics have horrendous frontcourt players outside of Amir..

dweaver99027
11-01-2015, 05:59 PM
25/14/5. All in all, good game.

Mr Bones
11-01-2015, 06:00 PM
:lol
It'll be interesting to see how folks spin this...

Mr. Body
11-01-2015, 06:07 PM

Sometimes I wonder how civilization works when people are this stupid.

GreggPopAsnitch
11-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Sometimes I wonder how civilization works when people are this stupid.

Said this before he went off, but it is true. He had a great game tho

Mr Bones
11-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Said this before he went off, but it is true. He had a great game tho

That's why it's not a good idea to judge a player 92 minutes into a season with a brand new team...

GreggPopAsnitch
11-01-2015, 06:17 PM
because he's doing all those things well while his offense is still the worst it's ever going to be

you're right, and i said this before he went off, pretty good game by him though.

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 06:19 PM
you're right, and i said this before he went off, pretty good game by him though.
his offense is a given, he's been one of the best offensive players in the league for a long time and he hasn't started declining yet. it would be odd to worry about him so early on in a drastically different structure, system, and environment. its really encouraging to see him committing to defense and ball movement in the meantime, while also getting dirty and rebounding

bic50
11-01-2015, 06:20 PM
Thats it aldridge has arrived. Long winning streak coming up :flag:

GreggPopAsnitch
11-01-2015, 06:27 PM
his offense is a given, he's been one of the best offensive players in the league for a long time and he hasn't started declining yet. it would be odd to worry about him so early on in a drastically different structure, system, and environment. its really encouraging to see him committing to defense and ball movement in the meantime, while also getting dirty and rebounding

No I agree that that's amazing, but I was somewhat worried he would stay passive on offense. Just knowing how dominant he was in Portland, and seeing him be passive is weird. Post game today he said everyone is telling him to be himself, so I predict he will be way more aggressive next game.

GSH
11-01-2015, 08:14 PM

No I agree that that's amazing, but I was somewhat worried he would stay passive on offense. Just knowing how dominant he was in Portland, and seeing him be passive is weird. Post game today he said everyone is telling him to be himself, so I predict he will be way more aggressive next game.

It doesn't matter what he looked like on offense, he was still way too passive in that post-game interview. We're three games into the interview season and I, for one, am worried. I just don't think he wants it badly enough.

BillMc
11-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Does this answer the question?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc6ZLzVsUKU

Spurtacular
11-01-2015, 08:43 PM

This is idiotic even for you.

Spurtacular
11-01-2015, 08:45 PM

I don't want LMA being passive. But I don't want him number hunting either. He needs to play within the system; especially down the stretch of games.

GreggPopAsnitch
11-01-2015, 09:10 PM
It doesn't matter what he looked like on offense, he was still way too passive in that post-game interview. We're three games into the interview season and I, for one, am worried. I just don't think he wants it badly enough.

I meant (and in post game interviews) he said they were telling him to be more aggressive.

GreggPopAsnitch
11-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Does this answer the question?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc6ZLzVsUKU

Lol yes but he didn't have a great 1st half, once his shots start falling like in the second half, he will be a force.

GSH
11-02-2015, 08:40 AM
Lol yes but he didn't have a great 1st half, once his shots start falling like in the second half, he will be a force.

Maybe Pop should just keep him out of the first half lineup? Only play him in the second half, when he's making shots?

At least until Christmas, when he "adjusts" and becomes a force.

DMC
11-02-2015, 09:38 AM
The level of stupid in this thread is not quantifiable.

Yuixafun
11-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Of course it's going to be near impossible to have the instinctive chemistry the Big 3 have from their many seasons playing together, and the even the Next 3...

But LMA is a smart elite player, he just has to realize where his game will match with what the Spurs do... and once he is dominant in his skills, within the team concept... my oh my. That will also enhance everyone else's game. I really appreciate the effort people are making to hasten the process.

I imagine, the Spurs are back to playing SUMMERTIME before Valentine's Day.

This years RRT should be a cakewalk in Pearl Brewery district.

But even what the Spurs did against the Heat in 2014, has the potential to be surpassed, with this team - without having to play from the edge of oblivion.
Being so driven has its limits, while playing with no limits is unlimited.

The first game against the Thunder I was so hype, exclaiming twice to my pal "THE SPURS COULDNT DO THAT LAST YEAR!"

A few years ago I remember they could play any style of ball. Now they could potentially be masterful at any style on top of being a murderous defense.