PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Cut First and Second Overall Picks..

DJR210
10-31-2015, 06:25 PM
Jeff Ayres and Jimmer gonna take the D-League by storm, and we're all going to have to deal with it.

http://dleague.nba.com/news/2015-nba-d-league-draft-board/

TheGreatYacht
10-31-2015, 06:32 PM
Jeff Ayres was 27 and didn't even look Summer League material last year. I think we'll be fine :lol

Jimmer is gonna go crazy though..

Spurtacular
10-31-2015, 06:58 PM
Ive consistently said that that the Jeff Ayers hate on ST is nonsense. Not surprisingly, so was much of the Jimmer hate. This just validates what I've been saying.

baseline bum
10-31-2015, 07:08 PM
Damn Perry Jones III in D-League is sad. Lots of scouts had him as the best prospect in his HS graduating class, ahead of Harrison Barnes, Kyrie Irving, Brandon Knight, Tristan Thompson, Jared Sullinger, etc. Then again, Harrison Barnes was supposed to be the next Kobe Bryant at the time. Even before the injury PJ III looked pretty mediocre at Baylor though.

Raven
10-31-2015, 07:14 PM
Damn Perry Jones III in D-League is sad. Lots of people had him as the best prospect in his HS graduating class, ahead of Harrison Barnes, Kyrie Irving, Brandon Knight, Tristan Thompson, Jared Sullinger, etc. Then again, Harrison Barnes was supposed to be the next Kobe Bryant at the time.

especially if you consider the sf rotation in philly

Sean Cagney
10-31-2015, 07:26 PM
Ive consistently said that that the Jeff Ayers hate on ST is nonsense. Not surprisingly, so was much of the Jimmer hate. This just validates what I've been saying.

It's the D league though so thats not really good NBA talent there correct? Those guys would have been picked up by a team by now if they were that good and a team had a need on the roster. I think they eventually will get picked up but they will be bench players (At the end of the bench) as their ceiling. Ayres failed China workouts I read, thats pretty bad.

GOOD GOD look at the other names on that draft list there as a side note :lol:lol:rollin

Spurtacular
10-31-2015, 07:30 PM
It's the D league though so thats not really good NBA talent there correct? Those guys would have been picked up by a team by now if they were that good and a team had a need on the roster. I think they eventually will get picked up but they will be bench players (At the end of the bench) as their ceiling. Ayres failed China workouts I read, thats pretty bad.

GOOD GOD look at the other names on that draft list there as a side note :lol:lol:rollin

I'm not one of these simple minded twits that say there's no NBA level talent in the d-league. So, no; you're not correct.

SupremeGuy
10-31-2015, 07:32 PM
Ive consistently said that that the Jeff Ayers hate on ST is nonsense. Not surprisingly, so was much of the Jimmer hate. This just validates what I've been saying.The Ayers hate was justifiable man... he just didn't have it. The Jimmer hate I don't completely get cause he didn't really get enough chance to show anything either way, but we're kind of loaded so everyone knew it was going to be hard for him to make the team.

Spurtacular
10-31-2015, 07:33 PM
I'm as big a Jimmer fan as anybody. But I'm also honest in my analysis; so, I must point out that the Knicks up-state NY affiliate drafted him. That's where Jimmer is from. They probably wanted the ticket sales / tv ratings boost.

Spurtacular
10-31-2015, 07:35 PM
The Ayers hate was justifiable man... he just didn't have it. The Jimmer hate I don't completely get cause he didn't really get enough chance to show anything either way, but we're kind of loaded so everyone knew it was going to be hard for him to make the team.

Ayers was a serviceable end of the bench guy. He was better than some team's rotation players. The hate was mostly trolling. Some of the criticism had grains of truth is all. Most of the hardcore Jimmer hate was by the krews who are on the lookout for targets. Never took them too seriously. And I think Jimmer did have a great shot at making the team. I think the Rasual selection was a panic selection. The Spurs did a terrible job of giving Jimmer a shot. He never played with decent line-ups while the Parkers of the world were playing large minutes for what?

TheGreatYacht
10-31-2015, 07:43 PM
http://youtu.be/kq8tgKJeEtY

Spurtacular
10-31-2015, 07:49 PM

Always makes me laugh; but that doesn't mean the hate isn't hacky.

Sean Cagney
10-31-2015, 07:59 PM
I'm not one of these simple minded twits that say there's no NBA level talent in the d-league. So, no; you're not correct.

If they were that good they would be on a team right now and not the D League. Ayres was not good in the NBA, he was merely average to bad at times (His hands were horrible). There is a reason China dropped him and no team wants him in the NBA right now. Jimmer was horrible in the preseason and that is why he got released, he looked nervous and hesitant. I think they could have given Jimmer a little longer possibly and gave him a shot to prove something as he can shoot but honestly Ayres had enough time in the NBA to prove himself and just was at best a end of the bench guy. D League does have some NBA talent in the league but it's rare and few ever make it.
Ayers was a serviceable end of the bench guy. He was better than some team's rotation players. The hate was mostly trolling. Some of the criticism had grains of truth is all. Most of the hardcore Jimmer hate was by the krews who are on the lookout for targets. Never took them too seriously. And I think Jimmer did have a great shot at making the team. I think the Rasual selection was a panic selection.
Rasual played great in the pre season so that is why he made the team, not really a panic selection. I don't hate Jimmer either.

Ayres was not better than some teams rotational players, he was one of the end of the bench guys who belongs there. I doubt he would make any teams rotation honestly and be one of the 1st to be subbed in to the second unit.

DMC
10-31-2015, 08:23 PM
Quardell Young
Dondray Walker
Deshaunt Walker
Laquavius Cotton
Jereal Scott
Kentrell Gransberry
Da'Shonte Riley
Juvonte Reddic
Kourtney Roberson
J'Mison Morgan
Rashawn Rembert
Karrington Ward
Jabril Trawik
Askia Booker
Rysheed Jordan

:lmao

This is what happens when you let a woman name a boy.

KL2
10-31-2015, 08:25 PM
Ayers was a serviceable end of the bench guy. He was better than some team's rotation players. The hate was mostly trolling. Some of the criticism had grains of truth is all.

Ayres isn't an NBA player, I have no idea what you were watching, he literally had like 5 good games his entire career as a Spur, he even struggled in garbage time against 3rd stringers.

Sean Cagney
10-31-2015, 08:25 PM
Quardell Young
Dondray Walker
Deshaunt Walker
Laquavius Cotton
Jereal Scott
Kentrell Gransberry
Da'Shonte Riley
Juvonte Reddic
Kourtney Roberson
J'Mison Morgan
Rashawn Rembert
Karrington Ward
Jabril Trawik
Askia Booker
Rysheed Jordan

This is what happens when you let a woman name a boy.

Like I said no wonder they went 1st and 2nd in that draft :lol

DMC
10-31-2015, 08:26 PM
Ayers was a serviceable end of the bench guy. He was better than some team's rotation players. The hate was mostly trolling. Some of the criticism had grains of truth is all. Most of the hardcore Jimmer hate was by the krews who are on the lookout for targets. Never took them too seriously. And I think Jimmer did have a great shot at making the team. I think the Rasual selection was a panic selection. The Spurs did a terrible job of giving Jimmer a shot. He never played with decent line-ups while the Parkers of the world were playing large minutes for what?
lol no

DMC
10-31-2015, 08:26 PM
Like I said no wonder they went 1st and 2nd in that draft :lol

Ronnie Brewer is in there as well. How in the hell you going to develop him?

ChumpDumper
10-31-2015, 08:36 PM
I'm as big a Jimmer fan as anybody. But I'm also honest in my analysis; so, I must point out that the Knicks up-state NY affiliate drafted him. That's where Jimmer is from. They probably wanted the ticket sales / tv ratings boost.The Knicks were said to be one of the NBA teams interested in picking up his contract when the Spurs kicked him to the curb. Guess they took a gamble that he would clear waivers knowing they had the first pick in the draft.

Brian Windhorst
10-31-2015, 08:45 PM
Why the fuck would you play for 25k/yr in Idaho when you could be making millions, winning MVP, and living like a king in China or Europe? Doesn't make a goddamn bit of sense, just agents blowing smoke up people's ass and telling them they can still make it I guess.

Obstructed_View
10-31-2015, 08:53 PM
Damn Perry Jones III in D-League is sad. Lots of scouts had him as the best prospect in his HS graduating class, ahead of Harrison Barnes, Kyrie Irving, Brandon Knight, Tristan Thompson, Jared Sullinger, etc. Then again, Harrison Barnes was supposed to be the next Kobe Bryant at the time. Even before the injury PJ III looked pretty mediocre at Baylor though.
He was wasted talent at Baylor. I watched almost every game. He's basically Austin Daye. You know he has talent, he shows it every once in a while, but he never really puts it together. Everyone lost their minds when he filled in and scored 30 points against the Clippers, and then he never did it again.

ceperez
10-31-2015, 09:08 PM
Why the fuck would you play for 25k/yr in Idaho when you could be making millions, winning MVP, and living like a king in China or Europe? Doesn't make a goddamn bit of sense, just agents blowing smoke up people's ass and telling them they can still make it I guess.

Veterans like Ayres and Fredette shouldn't be playing in the D-league. That is unless they can't make it anywhere else in the world.

r0drig0lac
10-31-2015, 09:11 PM
haha

ChumpDumper
10-31-2015, 09:11 PM
Veterans like Ayres and Fredette shouldn't be playing in the D-league. That is unless they can't make it anywhere else in the world.Vets like those are hanging in the D-League waiting to get a call-up especially when the ten day period starts. It has worked for many vets in the past.

Sean Cagney
10-31-2015, 09:22 PM
Ronnie Brewer is in there as well. How in the hell you going to develop him?

I once thought he was going to be decent man, wanted him at one point as some other fans do.

Sean Cagney
10-31-2015, 09:23 PM
Ayres tried China unfortunately and did not even make it there, he signed overseas in China for a mill to play and he is back now after they didn't want him.

SAGirl
10-31-2015, 10:30 PM
Vets like those are hanging in the D-League waiting to get a call-up especially when the ten day period starts. It has worked for many vets in the past.
Yea Reggie Williams and Austin Daye say hello.
The will not be above the 14th-15th men in any lineup. The true definition of a marginal NBA player, if that.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2015, 10:32 PM
And if you have a few million in the bank, why not take the chance to make an NBA roster again before heading overseas?

UNT Eagles 2016
11-01-2015, 12:11 AM
Ayres tried China unfortunately and did not even make it there, he signed overseas in China for a mill to play and he is back now after they didn't want him.
and yet Stephon Marbury has carved out a pretty lengthy career there and still has a job in 2015. Bizarre

Spurtacular
11-01-2015, 12:20 AM
If they were that good they would be on a team right now and not the D League. Ayres was not good in the NBA, he was merely average to bad at times (His hands were horrible). There is a reason China dropped him and no team wants him in the NBA right now. Jimmer was horrible in the preseason and that is why he got released, he looked nervous and hesitant. I think they could have given Jimmer a little longer possibly and gave him a shot to prove something as he can shoot but honestly Ayres had enough time in the NBA to prove himself and just was at best a end of the bench guy. D League does have some NBA talent in the league but it's rare and few ever make it.
Rasual played great in the pre season so that is why he made the team, not really a panic selection. I don't hate Jimmer either.

Ayres was not better than some teams rotational players, he was one of the end of the bench guys who belongs there. I doubt he would make any teams rotation honestly and be one of the 1st to be subbed in to the second unit.

No. Teams have different needs, assessments, etc. If you think it's just about taking "the best player," you're idiot. You are, anyhow. There are guys in the d-league that could contribute at an NBA level. Many of them will be up in the NBA this year.

Spurtacular
11-01-2015, 12:22 AM
Ayres isn't an NBA player, I have no idea what you were watching, he literally had like 5 good games his entire career as a Spur, he even struggled in garbage time against 3rd stringers.

Nonsense.

Sean Cagney
11-01-2015, 12:52 AM
No. Teams have different needs, assessments, etc. If you think it's just about taking "the best player," you're idiot. You are, anyhow. There are guys in the d-league that could contribute at an NBA level. Many of them will be up in the NBA this year.I know teams have different needs and so on, but the fact those two can't cling to a team nor make a roster spot shows me that most teams right now are not interested in them and that is why they are in the D League. You are an idiot and you must be their brother or the player themselves because you spew the same dumb bullshit about Ayres or whoever that is out of the league and a 14th or 15 player at best and act like some are haters of them and they are legit NBA talents in which right now obviously they sure as hell are not or they would be on a team by now. LOL at someone who things Ayres is a legit rotational player or is better than some teams rotational players calling someone else an idiot, look in the mirror there sir....... D League, got cut from China and sent home, cot damn he is really good!

BTW Jimmer was horrible in the pre season so that is why he got released, looked timid and just overall scared out there and sucked big time so he blew his shot to make the team.
I'm as big a Jimmer fan as anybody.

Your probably his only fan besides his family.

Mikeanaro
11-01-2015, 01:07 AM
I know teams have different needs and so on, but the fact those two can't cling to a team nor make a roster spot shows me that most teams right now are not interested in them and that is why they are in the D League. You are an idiot and you must be their brother or the player themselves because you spew the same dumb bullshit about Ayres or whoever that is out of the league and a 14th or 15 player at best and act like some are haters of them and they are legit NBA talents in which right now obviously they sure as hell are not or they would be on a team by now. LOL at someone who things Ayres is a legit rotational player or is better than some teams rotational players calling someone else an idiot, look in the mirror there sir....... D League, got cut from China and sent home, cot damn he is really good!

BTW Jimmer was horrible in the pre season so that is why he got released, looked timid and just overall scared out there and sucked big time so he blew his shot to make the team.

Your probably his only fan besides his family.
Dont waste your time that guy is Spurrible.

Sean Cagney
11-01-2015, 01:27 AM
Dont waste your time that guy is Spurrible.
Yeah I am pretty much done, I would rather talk about guys on the team now who actually have talent and do shit tbh.

I am done talking D League players and guys who get cut from China and sent back here. Good luck to them both but they are not Spurs nor on an NBA roster so I don't really care. I guess every GM who doesn't pick them up is dumb too just like us who think those guys suck correct? :lol:lol

Agreed with you man, no need to respond to him anymore on this subject.

will_spurs
11-01-2015, 01:56 AM

When I made this video I didn't think we would still be discussing his performance (or lack thereof) two years later!

Ayres and Fredette pretty much look like the only borderline NBA talents in this "draft", it's no surprise they went first. I can understand for Fredette who still has hope to make it to a NBA roster, much less for Ayres...

ceperez
11-01-2015, 06:23 AM
When I made this video I didn't think we would still be discussing his performance (or lack thereof) two years later!

Ayres and Fredette pretty much look like the only borderline NBA talents in this "draft", it's no surprise they went first. I can understand for Fredette who still has hope to make it to a NBA roster, much less for Ayres...

I can understand Fredette being a high pick based on the fan draw, however I don't understand Ayres. Maybe it's for his corporate knowledge.

Othyus Lalanne
11-01-2015, 06:52 AM
Which one was Pendergraph's China team that cut him?

will_spurs
11-01-2015, 08:28 AM
I can understand Fredette being a high pick based on the fan draw, however I don't understand Ayres. Maybe it's for his corporate knowledge.

He's tall. That's been enough to get a contract for as long as basketball has existed.

jjktkk
11-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Man, whatever happened to Ronnie Brewer? Wasn't he a starter for Chicago a few years ago? IIRC, wasn't he was a decent defender.

DMC
11-01-2015, 12:14 PM
NBA is full of decent guys. There are far too many. Look at rosters now though, almost everyone on down to the last guy on the bench is a name in the NBA. Even Rnnnie Brewer, we know who he is. The odds of any of those guys ever seeing the NBA are infinitesimal, so just to be on the cusp of getting a contract to play ball for money, that's worth the effort, or could be.

Most of these guys either didn't finish school or they majored in something stupid like RT&F or communications.

Chinook
11-01-2015, 12:46 PM

Wait, so do you think this validates Ayres or Jimmer at all? To be picked in the d-league draft doesn't suggest a player was anywhere close to an NBA roster. For instance, the Toros picked Jean Victor Nguidjol in the first round. But they added five players to their roster (Sykes, Ndoye, Thomas, Washburn and LaLanne) and got two more back (Cotton and Eddie) before the draft even took place. Those are seven guys who will team up with Simmons to form the core of the Toros this year. First-rounder that he is, Nguidjol is coming in at ninth in the rotation and in developmental priority.

The Jazz and Knicks each have players who they'll be trying to develop in the d-league who will take priority over their top-two picks. Depending on assignments, they might not even start. This is a sad commentary on how far they both have fallen.

Galileo
11-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Jeff Ayres and Jimmer gonna take the D-League by storm, and we're all going to have to deal with it.

kaji157
11-01-2015, 01:23 PM

If they didnīt make it in the Spurs they are done.

Mel_13
11-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Wait, so do you think this validates Ayres or Jimmer at all?

Well, he also thinks Westchester is in upstate New York.

DJR210
11-01-2015, 01:47 PM
If they didnīt make it in the Spurs they are done.

:lol you fucking idiot smh