PDA

View Full Version : US pledges nearly $100 million to support Syrian opposition

ducks
10-31-2015, 11:13 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/saudi-fm-assads-future-among-sticking-points-syria-123612784.html

what a waste of tax payers money

DMX7
10-31-2015, 11:51 PM
I totally agree. And John McCain doesn't think it's enough.

baseline bum
11-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Fucking bullshit, I'd rather Assad holds onto power than have yet another backwards Islamic theocracy.

hater
11-01-2015, 09:13 AM
Obama is also putting 50 US soldiers to serve as human shields for Syrian jihadists vs Russia's bombs. The US is not telling Russia where they are deploying these human shields. Wonder if these human shield soldiers will share the same cages that the jihadies have put up on rooftops and filled with Alawite civilian women.

hater
11-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Also heard they are flying jihadists out of Syria and into Yemen. Funny because Yemen is supposed to be a no fly zone enforced by US and Saudi. Then how in the hell are planes filled with jihadis landing there???

The Vienna talks were nothing but smokescreens as the US and Saudi scramble to move their jihadid out of Syria to fight their jihad elsewhere

ducks
11-01-2015, 09:25 AM
I totally agree. And John McCain doesn't think it's enough.

As far as I am concerned az should recall John

pgardn
11-01-2015, 10:57 AM
This is another step in teaching Putin what entering a mess involves. It is also a bargaining chip for the meeting in two weeks. The non ISIS opposition to Assad is resilient. Russia and Iran might have to bargain with Saudi Arabia in choosing a new leader which Russia was prepared to do anyways.

In the meantime, it gets nasty. When countries enter proxy wars they must realize if the opposition is real, there must be communication otherwise it can get nasty. This is not Crimea.
So be it. This is not surprising at all. The Saudis are every bit as nasty as the Revolutionary Guard. They want recognition they can spread terrorism and chaos as well as a country much larger.

pgardn
11-01-2015, 10:59 AM
As far as I am concerned az should recall John

Because he was a prisoner in a very brutal war I guess he thinks he Owns a right in deciding who gets to suffer.

boutons_deux
11-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Fucking bullshit, I'd rather Assad holds onto power than have yet another backwards Islamic theocracy.

US neocons' "regime change" in Syria would fail as badly as it did in Iraq, and as it would fail in the other neocon target of "bomb bomb bomb" Iran.

"Why Do They Hate Us?"

ducks
11-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Because he was a prisoner in a very brutal war I guess he thinks he Owns a right in deciding who gets to suffer.

HE DOES NOT OWN A RIGHT TO SPEND 100 million on soil helping other people when the USA is in bad shape and people here legal that could use that money
sorry it is harsh but the reality the usa can not take care of the whole world
I for one like to be able to spend my money on my things I want and not give it to the usa to give to other countries
I live in az he said if they were so many signatures he would step down in az got those and he did not resign

HE NEEDS TO GO

hater
11-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Especially when he's helping Jihad

Wild Cobra
11-01-2015, 08:25 PM
This just isn't right.

We shouldn't be helping where ISIS will end up winning. As bad as the Syrian leadership is, we should help them hold power if we are to intervene. They are a known bad quantity, and in the aftermath, the longer this war is maintained, the worse Syria will be later.

Just like voting for politicians here in the USA. Almost never a good one to vte for, and we end up siding with the lesser of evils.

pgardn
11-01-2015, 10:35 PM
HE DOES NOT OWN A RIGHT TO SPEND 100 million on soil helping other people when the USA is in bad shape and people here legal that could use that money
sorry it is harsh but the reality the usa can not take care of the whole world
I for one like to be able to spend my money on my things I want and not give it to the usa to give to other countries
I live in az he said if they were so many signatures he would step down in az got those and he did not resign

HE NEEDS TO GO

Darkwing DUCK...

Please reread my post. Where did I say this?

Othyus Lalanne
11-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Darkwing DUCK...

Please reread my post. Where did I say this?
We had moderate rebels against Quadaffi, nowhere to be found anymore. Maybe these magical moderate rebels don't exist.

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 01:56 PM
:lol murica

DMX7
11-02-2015, 01:57 PM
:lol murica

greatest nation God ever created, bitch.

hater
11-02-2015, 01:58 PM
greatest nation God ever created, bitch.

God had nothing to do with it.

DMX7
11-02-2015, 02:03 PM
God had nothing to do with it.

He hand delivered the constitution to Thomas Jefferson and the rest of our founding fathers. Don't tell me God had nothing to do with it.

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 02:04 PM
He hand delivered the constitution to Thomas Jefferson and the rest of our founding fathers. Don't tell me God had nothing to do with it.
jesus wrote the constitution with his blood tbh

DMX7
11-02-2015, 02:06 PM
jesus wrote the constitution with his blood tbh

Hmm... the timelines don't add up but I'll go with it.

hater
11-02-2015, 07:57 PM

Thomas jerked off his founding father while writing that shit. God had NOTHING to do with it.

DMX7
11-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Thomas jerked off his founding father while writing that shit. God had NOTHING to do with it.

No! God did it! "God did it" is the answer to every fucking thing.

pgardn
11-03-2015, 08:39 AM
We had moderate rebels against Quadaffi, nowhere to be found anymore. Maybe these magical moderate rebels don't exist.

Ok

Your point has what to do with my McCain remark back to duckman?

pgardn
11-03-2015, 08:43 AM
I thought this thread was about the...

Oh, we have lost contact with the track. Common occurrence, carry on.

hater
11-03-2015, 09:25 AM
The moderate rebels in Syria are now putting women in cages for human shields. Lol obomber

hater
11-03-2015, 09:26 AM
Just in: Obama's new rebel coalition doesn't exist yet. It exists in name only so far :lmao

Reporters have been scouring northern Syria looking for these guys. None have been found yet. :lol

cheguevara
11-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Russia is forging ahead in trying to broker a deal in Syria, as Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov has said that his government has invited members of the regime and of the Syrian opposition to meet in Moscow next week. Moreover, this Wednesday, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov will meet with UN Syria Representative Staffan de Mistura in Moscow, according to Russia’s Foreign Ministry.

Russia has also reportedly shipped 100,000 tons of wheat to the Syrian regime, and perhaps as much as 120,000.

Meanwhile, the coalition of U.S.-backed ground forces in Syria is not much an alliance—and not much of a force either, as front-line interviews by the New York Times make clear.

idealism is one thing; getting results is another. And right now, the contrast between the high words of Americans and their allies, and the effective actions of the Russians and theirs, is on stark display.

http://www.the-american-interest.com/2015/11/03/russia-leads-in-syria-as-u-s-falters/

cheguevara
11-03-2015, 02:13 PM
Russia for the first time received coordinates from the Syrian opposition, and a Russian official said Moscow held joint training exercises in Syria with the U.S. air force.

“The coordinates of all of these targets were given to us by opposition representatives,” senior military official Andrei Kartapolov said, without specifying which groups Moscow had cooperated with.

Moscow said it had set up “working coordination groups” aimed at bolstering the fight against ISIS, but said the identities of those involved were being kept secret.

Russia and Israel were informing each other continually on the situation in Syrian airspace.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2015/11/03/Russia-says-bombed-Syria-targets-after-opposition-gave-coordinates.html

if Russia takes even the "moderate" rebels away from the US. what will the US be left with??

cheguevara
11-03-2015, 02:17 PM
US scrambling to save face in Syria

The U.S. political, military and intelligence leadership have been scrambling to save face in Syria since Putin threw a geopolitical curve-ball at the empire-builders one month ago. Russia has now been pounding them with it repeatedly for 30 glorious days, taking out 1,600 terrorist targets and sending many of the critters fleeing. Put simply, the Americans created a wasteland, dug a giant hole in that wasteland, filled it with cannibalistic, head-chopping psychopaths, and bet the farm on burying their enemies in it, only to find themselves neck-deep in their own duplicity and hubris, scrambling to escape a problem of their own creation. American petard, meet Russian hoist.

Here's how it happened. After decades of using every dirty trick in the book to expand and maintain their hegemony -- bribery, blackmail, torture, coups, assassinations, death squads -- the Americans got complacent. To this end, the 'Al-Qaeda' bogeyman served them well. It is at once both a media creation to terrify the plebs and justify domestic and foreign power-grabs and a cover for mercenary warfare against foreign resistance to American occupation (e.g., Iraq), and against governments who refused to toe the American line (e.g., Libya).

Al-Qaeda 2.0 (ISIS/ISIL/IS) is no different. From 9/11 and the launch of the 'war on terror', the empire-builders enforced the PATRIOT Act and corresponding police state legislation right across the Western world, launched wars of occupation and proxy wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Pakistan, Yemen, Mali and elsewhere and increased their economic, political and military dominance around the globe.

Naturally, they didn't think anyone would seriously challenge or call them on their bluff and bluster. Enter Vladimir Putin. Judging by American words and actions over the last month, and despite crying wolf about 'Russian invasions' in Ukraine since the coup d'état in Kiev in February 2014, the Americans didn't see the Russians coming in Syria.

cheguevara
11-03-2015, 02:20 PM
By joining the war on ISIS, but NOT joining the U.S.-led coalition, Russia put the Americans in an awkward position, to say the least. The U.S. government can't condone Russia's coalition, because that would mean condoning a war against itself. And it can't completely reject Russia's coalition, because that would expose the reality that the 'war on terror' has been a complete farce: that the U.S. has not been 'fighting' terror, but has in fact been creating and spreading it. At the same time, the U.S. can't just sit back while Putin rides on their own propaganda vehicle to fight a war against the Americans' own creation. This is why all they can do at this point is to deny that Russia is attacking ISIS, which has its own problems (more on that below).

And now that the game itself has changed; now that the U.S. Establishment has been exposed for the mentally-deficient, criminal, arrogant has-been that it truly is, these idiots don't even realize how bad they look. It's sad -- pathetic, really. They don't even realize how laughable their antics have become, how hollow their words, how transparent their propaganda. American leaders come across as dim-witted schoolyard bullies who don't realize the principal is standing right behind them -- documenting every threat, provocation and lie -- while they just keep digging that hole for themselves. In contrast, for the last 15 years, Russia has been that skinny, quiet kid, secretly taking martial arts classes -- no one expects it when he finally shows the bully that the playground is gonna be a lot different from now on.

http://www.sott.net/article/305256-US-scrambling-to-save-face-in-Syria

pgardn
11-03-2015, 05:57 PM
Jesus...

pgardn
11-03-2015, 06:00 PM
The Russians don't give Fck who rules Syria as long as they have a say and their man tows the line. If this does not sound familiar, you have missed the war. Neither does Iran as long as the Ruler is Shiite and follows their brand of Islam.

Get real...

ALL involved want to see the war stop as long as they dominate when it does stop. They want a situation favorable to their own interests. What you and others miss is thinking this equates to some sort of compassion for the civilians in this entire area. Just like your OPost in the other thread crowing about the Chinese, who have stayed out as they really don't have a whole lot of interest at this point.

The Russians will save the day... Sure thing. If they can get people to the table and satisfied with their position something might be done about ISIS which the Russians have basically ignored.

hater
11-03-2015, 08:33 PM
:lol State Department getting a train ran on them :lol

bZtJ-gsegvw

hater
11-03-2015, 08:34 PM
WMjjScXSqUk

Wild Cobra
11-03-2015, 09:01 PM

bZtJ-gsegvw

LOL...

This administration is so incompetent.

It's really a sad reflection on our president, when some of us trust Putin over our own.

HI-FI
11-03-2015, 10:55 PM
hater and cheguevara with the goods ITT

bZtJ-gsegvw
that was uncomfortable to watch. what a clusterfuck of an administration from soros and his pals. btw who is that hot chick asking all the questions?

boutons_deux
11-03-2015, 10:58 PM
LOL...

This administration is so incompetent.

It's really a sad reflection on our president, when some of us trust Putin over our own.

In your opinion as a shit-throwing monkey, what would oh-so-competent you do in the Repug-fucked-up Middle East if you were President?

hater
11-04-2015, 09:26 AM
Obama gets OBLITERATED :wow

sorpTOyJXf8

Fabbs
11-04-2015, 10:38 AM
Obama gets OBLITERATED :wow
Judge Jeanie. :lol
Faux News. :lmao

Blake
11-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Is $100 million still a lot of money these days? It seems like you would need at least a billion to put up some decent opposition..

hater
11-04-2015, 10:50 AM
Is $100 million still a lot of money these days? It seems like you would need at least a billion to put up some decent opposition..

don't worry. Saudi is taking care of that

hater
11-05-2015, 11:19 AM
Here is the Free Syrian Army (US ally) commander. He calls ISIS "brothers"...

piN_MNSis1E

http://u.jimdo.com/www38/o/se2cb21d5404807b5/img/iba20d58c88c99be1/1403987023/std/image.jpg

MultiTroll
11-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Here is the Free Syrian Army (US ally) commander. He calls ISIS "brothers"..
Wow! So has this chump been playing for ISIS the whole time?

hater
11-06-2015, 12:19 PM
:cry freedom fighters :cry