PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: So Long Kobe Bryant....Kobe Has Volunteered To Step Aside For D'Angelo Russell

Koolaid_Man
11-01-2015, 01:47 PM
We had a good ride man.my brother from another mother..I will always love you and Fisher....I toast you :toast and roll up a stoogie to your accomplishments. You were a fucking beast in your prime....thanks for the memories and for making me a shit load of cash betting on you in your prime...no one except MJ did it better....:toast

In his prime, Kobe Bryant (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/6496/kobe-bryant) stood as the best player in the league, taking over games with clutch shots. Now, at 37 years old and enduring season-ending injuries the past three years, Kobe is nowhere near the same player.

From ESPN's Baxter Holmes (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14015006/kobe-bryant-losangeles-lakers-says-done-trying-take-games):

Despite his advanced age and several recent season-ending injuries, the 37-year-old Bryant, now in his 20th season with the Lakers, still enjoys taking over games, or at least trying to, especially when his team is down big, as they have been many times in recent years.

Now, though, Bryant said he's a changed man.

“Can't do it,” he said after Friday's 132-114 loss to the Sacramento Kings at Sleep Train Arena. “Got to let them develop.”

"I'm really wanting to let the young guys, especially D'Angelo, let him call the game," Bryant said. "Let him call the game. Let him organize the game. Let him read the game. Let him read the flow. Let him make those decisions.

"Which is part of me taking a step back, which needs to be done. You have to let the young guys make those reads, and you have to be able to help them and support them with those reads."

Splits
11-01-2015, 01:52 PM
"Now watch me jack up 21 3s and make 4 of them."

Koolaid_Man
11-01-2015, 01:53 PM
What's so sad about this is that even though Kobe no longer has the legs to dominate the league all he's doing now by stepping aside to allow Russell to develop is about to show the world just what a big mistake Mitch and Jimmy made in drafting Russell...now Russell is about to get exposed BIGTIME....this will be a sad site to see for all LakerNation...at least I can say I saw this shit before anyone did...its clear that D'Angelo Russell belongs in college or the D-league....this guy fooled everyone or everyone was totally blind to his true abilities...

What they should have done was ask Tony Allen to go one on one with him before the draft to expose him...the Laker Brass failed miserably tbh

Koolaid_Man
11-01-2015, 01:53 PM
"Now watch me jack up 21 3s and make 4 of them."

Just read my sig

Koolaid_Man
11-01-2015, 01:56 PM
All I ask is for my Laker Nation brothers...Luva,Cully, Killa, and the rest be understanding of my criticisms going forward.

Thread
11-01-2015, 02:57 PM
And Kobe's mood/opine/direction will change momentarily. He has not accepted our plight, not deep down. He did not envision this, not in a million years, but, it is here now and he is determined to ignore it, bargain with it, wish it away.

Nary a thing he can do to change it. It is his reality, our reality. We have to take it. It did not happen by happenstance. We were complicit, grossly so. We deserve this.

Raven
11-01-2015, 03:03 PM
he's such a PR genious.. too bad he can't walk the walk.

Koolaid_Man
11-01-2015, 03:15 PM
And Kobe's mood/opine/direction will change momentarily. He has not accepted our plight, not deep down. He did not envision this, not in a million years, but, it is here now and he is determined to ignore it, bargain with it, wish it away.

Nary a thing he can do to change it. It is his reality, our reality. We have to take it. It did not happen by happenstance. We were complicit, grossly so. We deserve this.

And can you believe Magic has the balls to say this....all because he doesn't want Byron to get fired...:lol

Splits
11-01-2015, 03:41 PM

And that is why it will, it has, without a doubt, severely damage his legacy. Nobody thinks Bush Jr. was a good president. And Kobe is leaving the Lakers like Bush left America: a flaming pile of shit for someone else to fix.

Thread
11-01-2015, 04:07 PM
And that is why it will, it has, without a doubt, severely damage his legacy. Nobody thinks Bush Jr. was a good president. And Kobe is leaving the Lakers like Bush left America: a flaming pile of shit for someone else to fix.

I don't do legacy, be it POTUS, or, "Kobe Bryant." Why? Because it is Media driven in either instance. Media does not rule me. No fuckin' way. They're rats, vermin, without worth.

Koolaid_Man
11-01-2015, 04:19 PM
I don't do legacy, be it POTUS, or, "Kobe Bryant." Why? Because it is Media driven in either instance. Media does not rule me. No fuckin' way. They're rats, vermin, without worth.

I only do legacy as it pertains to dirty filthy sheets from shit stains from gay sex..that you force your wife to wash while you and your male lover carry on like wild gorrilas....with the wife in the next room playing with the kids...

Splits
11-01-2015, 04:38 PM

You're alone and your reasoning is so twisted it makes no sense, unless you're intentionally avoiding the topic because you're a Kirby fanboi. Legacy is not media driven, it is the backbone for discussion.

Thread
11-01-2015, 06:10 PM
You're alone and your reasoning is so twisted it makes no sense, unless you're intentionally avoiding the topic because you're a Kirby fanboi. Legacy is not media driven, it is the backbone for discussion.

Of course it is. It sells and Media likes what sells. But, I ain't buyin'......ever. I do my own thinking.

It's my religion.

daslicer
11-01-2015, 06:22 PM
This is historic its on the same level of Robinson passing the torch to Duncan. Kobe passing the torch to D'Angelo is something to be feared.

HemisfairArena
11-01-2015, 06:24 PM
,,,,while Duncan continues to plod along, winning titles and playing on a top team in the West. Duncan=best player of his generation,,,

HarlemHeat37
11-01-2015, 06:42 PM
One of the greatest media manipulators in the history of entertainment/politics, tbh..you won't find many that have done it better..

DeRozan m8
11-01-2015, 07:29 PM
Go post on a Lakers forum, no one gives a fuck, we're just enjoying this trainwreck tbh

100%duncan
11-01-2015, 07:43 PM
Please extend him

Thread
11-01-2015, 07:47 PM
,,,,while Duncan continues to plod along, winning titles and playing on a top team in the West. Duncan=best player of his generation,,,

Duncan also gave away his 1st 5th after it was in the case & gave away $25 million dollars "in a drought."

ha, ha.

Thread
11-01-2015, 07:48 PM
This is historic its on the same level of Robinson passing the torch to Duncan. Kobe passing the torch to D'Angelo is something to be feared.

One fag to another.

Reck
11-01-2015, 07:51 PM
Kool so Kobe's a beta?

Weren't you talking shit how Duncan was letting Aldridge run things? :lol

HemisfairArena
11-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Duncan also gave away his 1st 5th after it was in the case & gave away $25 million dollars "in a drought."

ha, ha.

Kobrick lost 6 to the Pistons 4-1 even as the biggest Vegas favorite in NBA history,,,did you forget?

ha ha

HemisfairArena
11-01-2015, 07:57 PM

ha, ha.

Kobrick lost 7 to their biggest rival,,,the Celtics,,,did you forget?,,,

ha ha

Koolaid_Man
11-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Kool so Kobe's a beta?

Weren't you talking shit how Duncan was letting Aldridge run things? :lol

No Kobe is doing this so that the blame can be placed where it should on Mitch and Jimmy...and no one will be in a position to blame him..smart move by Kobe tbh...by stepping aside now Kobe is all but guaranteeing he's gonna set himself up to be the savior on another fucking contract paying him at least 12 mill a season....next year...people will roast Russell it will be so bad..they will call for Byron to be burned at the stake and will request Jimmys head on a platter....meanwhile Mitch will be hiding and quiet...hoping the mob doesn't notice him...begging for Kobes help while Jeannie gives Kobe a 2 yr 30 million deal for next season... :lol

Splits
11-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Of course it is. It sells and Media likes what sells. But, I ain't buyin'......ever. I do my own thinking.

It's my religion.

do some thinking on this: your tired old shit bag didn't play in the playoffs for 1/4 of his career. And the first two playoff runs he rode pine. That's 7/20 being a nonfactor when it matters. Ponder that you old fuck.

He should have retired at 33 instead of leaving your franchise a flaming shithole

HemisfairArena
11-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Laker fans just don't get it,,,if Mitch and Jim Jr. are gone then that leaves the playboy whore to run the show,,,,you are still fucked any way you slice it,,,they aren't going to sell the team. You get the degenerate horse gambler or the whore to run your franchise,,,,take your pick,,,,and if you think Jeannie Buss is a great owner and basketball savvy,,,,you have the IQ of a piece of fruit,,,,,

Splits
11-01-2015, 09:44 PM
:lol Kirby opens the next game after all these nice words by jacking up contested misses

Kool Bob Love
11-01-2015, 09:47 PM
Laker fans just don't get it,,,if Mitch and Jim Jr. are gone then that leaves the playboy whore to run the show,,,,you are still fucked any way you slice it,,,they aren't going to sell the team. You get the degenerate horse gambler or the whore to run your franchise,,,,take your pick,,,,and if you think Jeannie Buss is a great owner and basketball savvy,,,,you have the IQ of a piece of fruit,,,,,

Hemi

Clipper Nation
11-01-2015, 10:53 PM
48.5 and The Begging were both the whore's idea... true story.

Thread
11-02-2015, 01:54 AM
do some thinking on this: your tired old shit bag didn't play in the playoffs for 1/4 of his career. And the first two playoff runs he rode pine. That's 7/20 being a nonfactor when it matters. Ponder that you old fuck.

He should have retired at 33 instead of leaving your franchise a flaming shithole

Boiled down:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 2nd 5th

Thread
11-02-2015, 01:56 AM
Kobrick lost 7 to their biggest rival,,,the Celtics,,,did you forget?,,,

ha ha

They were selling your shit.

TheGreatYacht
11-02-2015, 01:57 AM
How quickly people forget that prime Kobe got out scored in a Finals by Austin Croshere :lmao

BD24
11-02-2015, 08:06 PM
How quickly people forget that prime Kobe got out scored in a Finals by Austin Croshere :lmao
Was lucky he had Daddy there to carry him to the finishline kicking and screaming.

Buddy Mignon
11-02-2015, 08:44 PM
What's so sad about this is that even though Kobe no longer has the legs to dominate the league all he's doing now by stepping aside to allow Russell to develop is about to show the world just what a big mistake Mitch and Jimmy made in drafting Russell...now Russell is about to get exposed BIGTIME....this will be a sad site to see for all LakerNation...at least I can say I saw this shit before anyone did...its clear that D'Angelo Russell belongs in college or the D-league....this guy fooled everyone or everyone was totally blind to his true abilities...

What they should have done was ask Tony Allen to go one on one with him before the draft to expose him...the Laker Brass failed miserably tbh

Lol... you are relentless!!!

Thread
11-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Was lucky he had Daddy there to carry him to the finishline kicking and screaming.

Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1

BD24
11-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1
Titles as a role player don't count Dale.
But you already know that.

Splits
11-02-2015, 10:35 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTgObyJCQAA_Cdz.jpg

TheGreatYacht
11-02-2015, 10:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTgObyJCQAA_Cdz.jpg
:wow