PDA

View Full Version : Tony shoots less than 10FGAs and Spurs win

dabom
11-01-2015, 05:57 PM
I love role-player Tony.

FkLA
11-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Enrique Prigioni tbh

Have no issues with him staying within his limits. However, I do have a problem with Pop playing him in the 4th Qtr when all Rique did was stand in the corner and provided no threat as a spot-up shooter. Might as well put Danny or Patty in in that situation since Manu was running the point anyways.

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 06:00 PM
good to see parker accepting a lesser role :tu

Blizzardwizard
11-01-2015, 06:01 PM
12/10 thread, will be recommending it to fellow forum browsers as an excellent, stand out piece.

Hoops Czar
11-01-2015, 06:02 PM

He accepted his new role during the second half of last year. I don't see why this is still an issue other than player fans doing player fan things.

dabom
11-01-2015, 06:03 PM
I hope the mods don't delete this thread like 2 days ago. We wanna keep the bumps in oone thread. K thanks.

Hemotivo
11-01-2015, 06:05 PM
:tu

Johnny RIngo
11-01-2015, 06:08 PM

It's too bad he couldn't accept a lesser contract. $45 million for a Prigioni tier player is brutal.

Russ
11-01-2015, 06:08 PM
TP = Team Player :)

SASdynasty!
11-01-2015, 06:14 PM
TP = Team Player :)

Aztecfan03
11-01-2015, 06:14 PM
I love role-player Tony.

No talk about how your butt-buddy was wrong?

SASdynasty!
11-01-2015, 06:15 PM
He accepted his new role during the second half of last year. I don't see why this is still an issue other than player fans doing player fan things.
Except typical role players don't finish the season as your team's leader in assists and 2nd leading scorer. But whatever.

Johnny RIngo
11-01-2015, 06:20 PM
He accepted his new role during the second half of last year.

What was his role in the playoffs last year - Being the worst player in the NBA?

dabom
11-01-2015, 06:23 PM
What was his role in the playoffs last year - Being the worst player in the NBA?

resistanze
11-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Wow this TP/LMA/Kawhi player fan shtick has to be the worst in Spurstalk history....you people need hobbies in RL tbh.

Hoops Czar
11-01-2015, 06:28 PM

:lol You should have been more focused on the impact players that weren't so impactful rather than the role players who weren't expected to carry the team through the playoffs. Get your priorities straight!

Johnny RIngo
11-01-2015, 06:38 PM
:lol You should have been more focused on the impact players that weren't so impactful rather than the role players who weren't expected to carry the team through the playoffs. Get your priorities straight!

He was the highest paid player on the team last year. Worst player in the entire playoffs. Some of us expect the players to actually earn their paychecks. Tony sure as hell didn't last year. Sat out numerous games with fake injuries while prioritizing off-season basketball for a shitty national team competition. All while having the highest salary on the team. Meanwhile, Duncan and Manu continue to take paycuts in order to offset that terrible contract.

Clipper Nation
11-01-2015, 06:42 PM
STILL A CANCER ON DEFENCE

He was the highest paid player on the team last year. Worst player in the entire playoffs. Some of us expect the players to actually earn their paychecks. Tony sure as hell didn't last year. Sat out numerous games with fake injuries while prioritizing off-season basketball for a shitty national team competition. All while having the highest salary on the team. Meanwhile, Duncan and Manu continue to take paycuts in order to offset that terrible contract.

SpursFan86
11-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Wow this TP/LMA/Kawhi player fan shtick has to be the worst in Spurstalk history....you people need hobbies in RL tbh.

Yeah I was hoping it'd die down at some point, but apparently not. I'm down for a little fun trolling but the people here have absolutely ran the joke into the ground. Makes this forum pretty annoying tbh.

Hoops Czar
11-01-2015, 06:53 PM

Let me see if I get this straight.... You're attacking TP for accepting an obscene amount of money that the so-called PATFO offered him? Very few, if any players are going to turn down that kind of money. You're anger is displaced, tbh.

KL2
11-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Just wish he wasn't getting paid so much, Spurs should move him in the off season, maybe move him to NY where he's always wanted to play....

KL2
11-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Let me see if I get this straight.... You're attacking TP for accepting an obscene amount of money that the so-called PATFO offered him? Very few, if any players are going to turn down that kind of money. You're anger is displaced, tbh.

Parker chose to go against the franchise's request to not play in the summer throughout the years, it's his own fault he's on the decline.

Hoops Czar
11-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Parker chose to go against the franchise's request to not play in the summer throughout the years, it's his own fault he's on the decline.

He has tons of mileage on his body and he ha chronic ankle and hamstring issues that has taken away his explosiveness. Playing Summer basketball hasn't helped but it's not the only reason he's on the decline. BTW, hasn't Diaw played for the national team as well? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Johnny RIngo
11-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Just wish he wasn't getting paid so much, Spurs should move him in the off season, maybe move him to NY where he's always wanted to play....

Yup. Parker in a lesser role is ideal. He's a career choke artist in the playoffs so you never want to run your offense through him. His diminished role right now is fine but his contract isn't. Spurs had to give up a valuable part of their depth(Tiago) while also depending on TD and Manu to take paycuts just to sign LMA. All because of Tony's horrible contract. I'd be fine with his play if he was being paid what he worth($2 - $4 million)