PDA

View Full Version : LMA's D

spursistan
11-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Pleasant surprise how much invested he looks in the dirty work down low both rebounding and contesting and even chasing and recovering guards.Hope he keeps it up..fretting about losing Splitter on that front :lmao..at least Aldridge can take us home offensively some nights ..

DenialTwist
11-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Yes, much improved. He put more effort in rebounding today and I liked how fast he recovered at the rim to try and block shots.

Splits
11-01-2015, 06:07 PM
I agree although I don't like his two-handed-monster-rush-jump-too-early 3pt line closeout move.

HarlemHeat37
11-01-2015, 06:08 PM
I like his effort, although I was never really concerned about his defense..he's never been a liability, always been around average..

BillMc
11-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Pleasant surprise how much invested he looks in the dirty work down low both rebounding and contesting and even chasing and recovering guards.Hope he keeps it up..fretting about losing Splitter on that front :lmao..at least Aldridge can take us home offensively some nights ..

+1000

In his third game with us, LMA just had what would have been a career night for Tiago.

dweaver99027
11-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Splitter on steroids so far, minus the switching on guards.

TheGreatYacht
11-01-2015, 06:11 PM
He looks in better shape, just had to burn those GM dinners was all. Still can't believe we landed him in Free agency...

SoonerSpur512
11-01-2015, 06:12 PM
I agree although I don't like his two-handed-monster-rush-jump-too-early 3pt line closeout move.

Yeah, me neither

Mr Bones
11-01-2015, 06:20 PM
He's never been much of a shot blocker, but that 7'5" wingspan and good fundamentals will always make him a presence...

bic50
11-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Underrated defender Imo.

SpursFan86
11-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Never got why people acted like he was some terrible defender. In Portland he ranged from average to above average.

BatManu20
11-01-2015, 06:28 PM
He's never been a minus on the court. Even if he's not scoring, his Defense and rebounding have been excellent.

HarlemHeat37
11-01-2015, 06:29 PM
^^ A lot of people ignore that defensive effort is largely dependent on offensive load in the NBA, too..even plenty of formerly great defenders become below average once their offensive load increases..

emanueldavidginobili
11-01-2015, 07:23 PM
It's because he finally has a coach to push him and get on his ass.

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 07:29 PM
^^ A lot of people ignore that defensive effort is largely dependent on offensive load in the NBA, too..even plenty of formerly great defenders become below average once their offensive load increases..
most recently, jimmy butler

HarlemHeat37
11-01-2015, 07:34 PM
most recently, jimmy butler

Yep..Kobe is the most notorious of the post-Jordan generation..

Westbrook has become a horrible defender the past 2 years, too..

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 07:36 PM
Yep..Kobe is the most notorious of the post-Jordan generation..

Westbrook has become a horrible defender the past 2 years, too..
yeah, luckily kawhi has maintained his defense as his offensive role has grown. i think there's a limit though, so its a good thing we're integrating aldridge

BillMc
11-01-2015, 07:43 PM
He's never been much of a shot blocker, but that 7'5" wingspan and good fundamentals will always make him a presence...

Underrated defender Imo.

It's because he finally has a coach to push him and get on his ass.

:bobo

MI21
11-01-2015, 08:09 PM
I think his defense has been fantastic - he still looks a bit heavy to me but his defense doesn't appear to have suffered.

I quite like the funny close out thing he does when there is absolutely no chance he has to get to the shot, nothing to lose in that situation so you may as well do something odd looking tbh :lol

BillMc
11-01-2015, 08:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc6ZLzVsUKU

TheGreatYacht
11-10-2015, 12:20 AM
Was the best guy on Cousins today :tu

DAF86
11-10-2015, 12:24 AM
All that saved energy on offense seems to be sparking his defense.

spursistan
11-10-2015, 12:26 AM
our rim protection is insane :lol basically two fortified line of defenses the Kawhi/Green +TD/LMA...Forget about barreling into the lane..even Westbrook had a hard time in the OKC game..

DMC
11-10-2015, 02:05 AM
Given that the 1st unit wouldn't allow him to even see the ball until a couple minutes left in the 1st, it's a wonder he remembered he was playing basketball.

G-Dawgg
11-10-2015, 09:42 AM
He's showing that he's a pretty good rim protector. I'm very impressed with how many blocks he seems to come up with.

look_at_g_shred
11-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Small sample size but geez i've seen LMA getting scored on alot. Granted, it's usually when he's having to rotate late on someone's guy.

MI21
11-10-2015, 11:10 AM
Small sample size but geez i've seen LMA getting scored on alot. Granted, it's usually when he's having to rotate late on someone's guy.

It's the NBA, guys score on guys.

I don't see how anybody can be anything but satisfied with LMA's defense so far.

Yuixafun
11-10-2015, 09:48 PM

When I saw that I actually was pleasantly surprised...

Because he didn't hesitate, even though I could tell that he didn't fully commit to it.

But it was the right play.

I actually thought him and Demarcus (rhymes with Lamarcus lol) were going to duke it out down low for a bit.

Was getting awfully chippy lol...

And then I was thinking where is our enforcer.. Is it West? Is it Duncan? Boban??

spursistan
03-04-2017, 12:15 PM
837913433911746560I'm a constant Aldridge critic here, but i'll give credit where credit is due : he's been playing the defense of his life the past couple or months so..

Mr. Body
03-04-2017, 12:22 PM
He's been fantastic on defense. I can see how he's been asked to back up on defense in order to do so. I'm d also say Dedmon has been a big help, but he'd not be as good without LMA there. In any case, without him we lose a lot of games.

sasaint
03-04-2017, 12:28 PM
837913433911746560I'm a constant Aldridge critic here, but i'll give credit where credit is due : he's been playing the defense of his life the past couple or months so..

I didn't even like the Spurs' signing LMA, but I have to say his evolution on the defensive end has caused me to reconsider my position. Could it be that, contrary to the concerns of many of us, he is quietly evolving into a team-first player, willing to concentrate on defense even to the detriment of his personal offensive statistics?

UZER
03-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Kawhi to LMA:

"You can be my Drob"

egtonecity
03-04-2017, 12:41 PM
His d is good. Balls are small.

spursistan
03-04-2017, 01:54 PM
I didn't even like the Spurs' signing LMA, but I have to say his evolution on the defensive end has caused me to reconsider my position. Could it be that, contrary to the concerns of many of us, he is quietly evolving into a team-first player, willing to concentrate on defense even to the detriment of his personal offensive statistics?I think he has bought in..he was always an underrated defender in Portland, when he feels like it, but in SA, you have the combination of Pop whispering in his ear and the fact that he's been officially relegated to 2nd option status on O has let him focus more on that end,..The problem for the Spurs is that while LMA has fit well in Bosh role, they don't have a Wade for second option, and so they won't likely beat any title contenders without Aldridge pouring in +20 ppg for a series..This team would be terrific if Parker was 4 years younger..:(

sasaint
03-04-2017, 02:09 PM
I think he has bought in..he was always an underrated defender in Portland, when he feels like it, but in SA, you have the combination of Pop whispering in his ear and the fact that he's been officially relegated to 2nd option status on O has let him focus more on that end,..The problem for the Spurs is that while LMA has fit well in Bosh role, they don't have a Wade for second option, and so they won't likely beat any title contenders without Aldridge pouring in +20 ppg for a series..This team would be terrific if Parker was 4 years younger..:(

Yes, I agree that LMA is really suited to be a third banana on offense. (By "Wade for second option" I assume you are referring to the Heatles years in Miami.) The DWade-as-model for SG or combo guard may be where Pop is trying to steer the Spurs. That would also entail finding a PG with a different style than Tony's - specifically, a PG who was a more capable 3-point shooter. This Spurs team would, indeed, be better if Tony were 4 years younger, but you might as well say that it would be a juggernaut with prime TD, tbh.

Capt Bringdown
03-04-2017, 02:11 PM
This team would be terrific if Parker was 4 years younger..:(

I agree. Without a viable alternative, the Spurs have Parker at PG, and as Parker goes, so do the Spurs.

SpursBig3s
03-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Say what you want about his struggles on offense, but LMA is competing his ass off on D. I saw him multiple times last night ripping boards away from Towns, and diving for loose balls. I have a feeling once the playoffs come around, we'll ask him to do more on offense and be more assertive, which he is most accustomed to doing

cheers Lamarcus:bobo

BillMc
03-05-2017, 11:21 AM
Say what you want about his struggles on offense, but LMA is competing his ass off on D. I saw him multiple times last night ripping boards away from Towns, and diving for loose balls. I have a feeling once the playoffs come around, we'll ask him to do more on offense and be more assertive, which he is most accustomed to doing

cheers Lamarcus:bobo
+1 Easily the best D of his career.

spursistan
03-31-2017, 09:52 PM
Bump..

Aldridge is legitimately better defender than an offensive players nowadays..Who would have thought two years ago? :lol..

skulls138
03-31-2017, 09:55 PM
I hope he remembers that. Hes more useful as a scrapper. Seems as if he gets in an offensive, jumpshooting mode, he stops the D and rebounding.

ducks
03-31-2017, 09:55 PM
LMA d is better then Duncans last year

$pursDynasty
04-01-2017, 07:43 AM
I didn't even like the Spurs' signing LMA, but I have to say his evolution on the defensive end has caused me to reconsider my position. Could it be that, contrary to the concerns of many of us, he is quietly evolving into a team-first player, willing to concentrate on defense even to the detriment of his personal offensive statistics?
This gotta give props on his defense.

MI21
04-01-2017, 08:16 AM
That was a very Duncan-esque block on Westbrook tbh.