PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question

FkLA
11-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Not even trolling, I'm assuming Rique apologists saw the 4th Qtr where Rique was camping out in the corner not doing shit:

Do yall think he should be out there when he poses no threat as a spot-up shooter and plays no defense? Wouldn't it make sense to have Patty or Green out there instead? Manu-Green-Kawhi-LMA-TD would be an amazing closing line-up tbh.

dabom
11-01-2015, 06:40 PM
We can't hurt his feelings or he sand-bags it.

Mr. Body
11-01-2015, 06:50 PM
What's the serious question?

Clipper Nation
11-01-2015, 06:52 PM
MVPatty > Porker. As a Clipper fan, I was nervous as fuck every time Porker waddled to the bench and MVPatty came out to replace him in the playoff series last year.

Clipper Nation
11-01-2015, 06:53 PM
What's the serious question?

Do yall think he should be out there when he poses no threat as a spot-up shooter and plays no defense? Wouldn't it make sense to have Patty or Green out there instead?

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 06:54 PM
rent free

FkLA
11-01-2015, 07:04 PM
rent free

Answer the question faggot. It's a legitimate one.

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Answer the question faggot. It's a legitimate one.
the question wasn't addressed to me. i'm not an apologist. he's been a bad player for quite some time now

Hoops Czar
11-01-2015, 07:11 PM
Not even trolling, I'm assuming Rique apologists saw the 4th Qtr where Rique was camping out in the corner not doing shit:

Do yall think he should be out there when he poses no threat as a spot-up shooter and plays no defense? Wouldn't it make sense to have Patty or Green out there instead? Manu-Green-Kawhi-LMA-TD would be an amazing closing line-up tbh.

No, unless you want to sacrifice the postseason with an ineffective Manu because Paddy can't run the offense. It's the regular season for crying out loud. This is the perfect time to play him. Paddy also doesn't play a lick of defense so I'm not sure he would be an upgrade on the opponents side of the court at all.

DeRozan m8
11-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Did he just say Patty doesn't play defense?

He did, didn't he?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

EDIT - Just realized he's a LBJ fan, what would you expect tbh?

FkLA
11-01-2015, 07:23 PM
the question wasn't addressed to me. i'm not an apologist. he's been a bad player for quite some time now

Ok, I'm addressing it to you now. Should he be out there if all he's doing is standing in the corner?

No, unless you want to sacrifice the postseason with an ineffective Manu because Paddy can't run the offense. It's the regular season for crying out loud. This is the perfect time to play him. Paddy also doesn't play a lick of defense so I'm not sure he would be an upgrade on the opponents side of the court at all.

As opposed to what, watching Rique not do shit? I'd rather go down with Manu.

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Ok, I'm addressing it to you now. Should he be out there if all he's doing is standing in the corner?
nah. if he's just gna stand in the corner, mills is the better option.

if he's gna be bringing the ball upcourt and getting the offense set up, he's the superior option

FkLA
11-01-2015, 07:33 PM
nah. if he's just gna stand in the corner, mills is the better option.

if he's gna be bringing the ball upcourt and getting the offense set up, he's the superior option

Thanks for acknowledging my question has merit.

Superior option over Manu? What is your preferred closing line-up?

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 07:35 PM

it depends on the role expected from the player. if we have a small lead, i'll take parker since manu is more likely to commit a turnover. if we're down by a bit, i'll take manu because he's also more likely to generate offense

SAGirl
11-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Patty hustles, but he's just as small as Tony and the same as him, others can shoot over him, etc. I think Tony is there in case. In case a play breaks down and you need to improvise, simple as that.

Hoops Czar
11-01-2015, 07:37 PM

If Manu closes games in November, he'll be finished by March. It's best to start the season with Parker when the games are less important and finish the season with Manu when the games are more meaningful.

BD24
11-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Manu-Green-Kawhi-LMA-TD would be an amazing closing line-up tbh.
I agree with this, if they are going to have Manu run the point anyway not really a reason to have Parker out there.

FkLA
11-01-2015, 07:57 PM
it depends on the role expected from the player. if we have a small lead, i'll take parker since manu is more likely to commit a turnover. if we're down by a bit, i'll take manu because he's also more likely to generate offense

Disagree. Manu is one of the craftiest players in the league, has a lot of gamemanship and knows how to draw cheap fouls in closing seconds. He does have a propensity to commit dumb TOs, but those don't usually occur in late game situations when the Spurs have leads.

If Manu closes games in November, he'll be finished by March. It's best to start the season with Parker when the games are less important and finish the season with Manu when the games are more meaningful.

I can see that and I'd be on board with it. Unfortunately, that's not what Pop is doing. Manu was out there closing as a PG today which made Rique useless.

I agree with this, if they are going to have Manu run the point anyway not really a reason to have Parker out there.

^This guy gets it. :tu

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 07:59 PM
Disagree. Manu is one of the craftiest players in the league, has a lot of gamemanship and knows how to draw cheap fouls in closing seconds. He does have a propensity to commit dumb TOs, but those don't usually occur in late game situations when the Spurs have leads.
i know you disagree, you have the strongest bias on this entire board, and thats including tdmvretard and apple sauce

but manu had 8 turnovers in 6 :lol

FkLA
11-01-2015, 08:03 PM
i know you disagree, you have the strongest bias on this entire board, and thats including tdmvretard and apple sauce

but manu had 8 turnovers in 6 :lol

Yeah, over the course of the game. How many were in the closing minutes? I don't remember everything in detail but I'm pretty sure the ball was in Rique's/TD's hands during crunchtime of that game.

Not to mention the fact that Manu hasn't looked that bad in years.

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Yeah, over the course of the game. How many were in the closing minutes? I don't remember everything in detail but I'm pretty sure the ball was in Rique's/TD's hands during crunchtime of that game.

Not to mention the fact that Manu hasn't looked that bad in years.
he looks rejuvenated this year. last year he looked done as an explosive player, was just a steady hand more than anything. this year he's gone back to being a firecracker off the bench, good to see :tu

FkLA
11-01-2015, 08:06 PM
he looks rejuvenated this year. last year he looked done as an explosive player, was just a steady hand more than anything. this year he's gone back to being a firecracker off the bench, good to see :tu

Agree. Which is why it's retarded to use 6 as your reasoning for why you don't trust him with leads.

GSH
11-01-2015, 08:08 PM

Yeah, the Spurs better start making some drastic changes soon. If the season ended today, the Spurs would be the 5 seed, and Golden State would be the 4 seed. Do you think the Spurs should tank the next couple of games, just to be sure they don't meet the Warriors in the first round?

Moron.

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Agree. Which is why it's retarded to use 6 as your reasoning for why you don't trust him with leads.
nah, he's still prone to making boneheaded plays. no point risking that if you're trying to keep a small lead. rather have the more conservative player at that point

BD24
11-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Yeah, the Spurs better start making some drastic changes soon. If the season ended today, the Spurs would be the 5 seed, and Golden State would be the 4 seed. Do you think the Spurs should tank the next couple of games, just to be sure they don't meet the Warriors in the first round?

Moron.
Not sure what your little tantrum is about. I mean OP is generally being a faggot with his stupid Parker bullshit, but that is a legitimate question.

Even being shitty as he has been the last few years Parker is still the Spurs best ball handler and does a decent job of running the offense. If Manu is handleing the ball though and running the point what is the point of Tony being out there? As OP said he is a liability on defense and isn't really a great shooter. Would make a hell of a lot more sense to put Danny Green out there imo.

FkLA
11-01-2015, 08:14 PM

Moron.

Sigh. I forgot the other thing I don't miss about watching basketball. The fucking sub-simian masses here. I notice that almost all the posters smart enough to graduate from high school aren't here anymore either. I guess we all reminisce about the "old days" once in a while - until we remember that there was no running water and no deodorant back then. I guess it just took the smell of the really bad B.O. and shit here to remind me of why I left. So I guess I should thank you for that... right?

Maybe I'll drop back in a year or so, to see you guys still starting threads like:

Which former Spur player would you like to see on the current team?
If you had a time machine and a really strong laser pointer, how many Championships would the Spurs have today?
Which Marvel Comics hero do you think is most like Manu?
I'm not gay, but if I was I'd fuck Tony. Which current Spur player would you fuck?

Have a good playoffs - enjoy your swill. :whine

GSH
11-01-2015, 08:17 PM
Sigh. I forgot the other thing I don't miss about watching basketball. The fucking sub-simian masses here.

My sources tell me that Pop is eagerly awaiting your suggested roster changes.

RD2191
11-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Sigh. I forgot the other thing I don't miss about watching basketball. The fucking sub-simian masses here. I notice that almost all the posters smart enough to graduate from high school aren't here anymore either. I guess we all reminisce about the "old days" once in a while - until we remember that there was no running water and no deodorant back then. I guess it just took the smell of the really bad B.O. and shit here to remind me of why I left. So I guess I should thank you for that... right?

Maybe I'll drop back in a year or so, to see you guys still starting threads like:

Which former Spur player would you like to see on the current team?
If you had a time machine and a really strong laser pointer, how many Championships would the Spurs have today?
Which Marvel Comics hero do you think is most like Manu?
I'm not gay, but if I was I'd fuck Tony. Which current Spur player would you fuck?

Have a good playoffs - enjoy your swill. :whine

:lmao

FkLA
11-01-2015, 08:21 PM
My sources tell me that Pop is eagerly awaiting your suggested roster changes.

This, right here, is why I quit watching the NBA. And it just made me decide that I'm not watching it next year, either. It's also the reason why we'll be playing the Heat in the Finals, and why we have very little chance of winning it all this time. Anybody who says that the league isn't biased is deluding themselves.

If you're not watching Game 5 of the ECF, watch the Youtube video below. Birdman took a cheap shot on Hansbrough, then turned around and escalated things by getting in Hansbrough's face, and then shoved the shit out of him. Just a few days ago, Nazr Mohammed shoved LeBron EXACTLY the same way, and he got ejected for it. And Nazr didn't commit the cheap shot first, either. Instead of ejecting Birdman, this play wound up with a double technical call on Birdman AND Hansbrough. We can argue about blocks/charges, or any other judgment calls, forever. But there's no debate about this call. When someone does it to Miami, it's an ejection. When Miami does it to someone else, it's just a tech, and the other team gets one too.

The Pacers were still up by 4 at the half, but the refs have taken over the third quarter, and the Heat players have that look on their faces, like they know the fix is in. Get ready to face the Heat, and the zebras, in the Finals. I'm going to follow the Spurs through the Finals, just because I have so much history. But after that, fuck the NBA.

lilbthebasedgod
11-01-2015, 08:48 PM
This, right here, is why I quit watching the NBA. And it just made me decide that I'm not watching it next year, either. It's also the reason why we'll be playing the Heat in the Finals, and why we have very little chance of winning it all this time. Anybody who says that the league isn't biased is deluding themselves.

If you're not watching Game 5 of the ECF, watch the Youtube video below. Birdman took a cheap shot on Hansbrough, then turned around and escalated things by getting in Hansbrough's face, and then shoved the shit out of him. Just a few days ago, Nazr Mohammed shoved LeBron EXACTLY the same way, and he got ejected for it. And Nazr didn't commit the cheap shot first, either. Instead of ejecting Birdman, this play wound up with a double technical call on Birdman AND Hansbrough. We can argue about blocks/charges, or any other judgment calls, forever. But there's no debate about this call. When someone does it to Miami, it's an ejection. When Miami does it to someone else, it's just a tech, and the other team gets one too.

The Pacers were still up by 4 at the half, but the refs have taken over the third quarter, and the Heat players have that look on their faces, like they know the fix is in. Get ready to face the Heat, and the zebras, in the Finals. I'm going to follow the Spurs through the Finals, just because I have so much history. But after that, fuck the NBA.
except statisticians have analysed this over and over again and the people who say its biased are just people who take specific points as evidence. There is no significant evidence that the NBA is biased or rigged.

Brazil
11-01-2015, 08:55 PM
:lol I thought OP was not in the faggot business but apparently I was wrong.... Why this knew can't make two posts without using faggot and such ? Smh

never seen bunch of people so much disrecptful tbh

then if you really want to engage a serious discussion and not trolling or starting a round of dick sucking, why not call the player in question by his name instead of rique or porker or fatass ?

to answer OP now I am not a fan of Parker camping on a corner obviously but he is still the best option to handle the ball... Mills is a SG. Manu is the only viable option, I would not mind him doing the job at the end...

MultiTroll
11-01-2015, 08:59 PM

Hopefully you will get an answer from at least one non troll Parker honk.

It's been so long and so overdue, I'd like to move to why does Timmy Duncs tolerate Pop's nonsense with Porker which has cost him a title chance last year.

apalisoc_9
11-01-2015, 09:07 PM
To be fair, Benching Tony will ruin the offensive structure of the bench. Parker is probably the 12th best player in the team now, but he's a better fit with Kawhi-Green-LMA-TD..He's a more natural ball handler and a more natural Rim attacker. The Problem with Starting Patty is that it puts Kawhi-LMA into so much pressure to perform offensively using the post and and set plays. It's just not a good way to utilize a good play..The more predictable your offense is, the shittier it is...

And if you start Manu, you'll end up playing Mills and Parker together for 5-7 minutes together and that is a really shitty defensive back-court. You're basically telling other teams to "Go make your run".

It's shitty that we're stuck with Parker...And that it limits Pop and the team as a whole..We just gotta hope Kawhi's rise to Superstardom and LMA added offense is enough to make up for it.

spursistan
11-01-2015, 09:27 PM
a well-reputed unbiased analyst agrees with you..

FkLA
11-01-2015, 09:31 PM
:lol I thought OP was not in the faggot business but apparently I was wrong.... Why this knew can't make two posts without using faggot and such ? Smh

never seen bunch of people so much disrecptful tbh

then if you really want to engage a serious discussion and not trolling or starting a round of dick sucking, why not call the player in question by his name instead of rique or porker or fatass ?

to answer OP now I am not a fan of Parker camping on a corner obviously but he is still the best option to handle the ball... Mills is a SG. Manu is the only viable option, I would not mind him doing the job at the end...

To be fair, Benching Tony will ruin the offensive structure of the bench. Parker is probably the 12th best player in the team now, but he's a better fit with Kawhi-Green-LMA-TD..He's a more natural ball handler and a more natural Rim attacker. The Problem with Starting Patty is that it puts Kawhi-LMA into so much pressure to perform offensively using the post and and set plays. It's just not a good way to utilize a good play..The more predictable your offense is, the shittier it is...

And if you start Manu, you'll end up playing Mills and Parker together for 5-7 minutes together and that is a really shitty defensive back-court. You're basically telling other teams to "Go make your run".

It's shitty that we're stuck with Parker...And that it limits Pop and the team as a whole..We just gotta hope Kawhi's rise to Superstardom and LMA added offense is enough to make up for it.

Nah y'all aren't getting what I'm saying. I actually complimented Rique on accepting his Prigioni role so far this season, I don't mind him starting if he's going to continue picking his spots.

I'm simply talking about the 4th Qtr. Manu was out there basically running PG and Enrique was sent to the corner every possession. IMO when that's the case there is no reason to have him out there since he isn't a threat as a spot-up shooter and is also a horrible defender. If Manu is running the point he's useless basically.

FkLA
11-01-2015, 09:32 PM
p.s. Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) I refuse to call him by his name until he stops being so worthless, Manu was Turnobili around these parts until he redeemed himself

apalisoc_9
11-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Nah y'all aren't getting what I'm saying. I actually complimented Rique on accepting his Prigioni role so far this season, I don't mind him starting if he's going to continue picking his spots.

I'm simply talking about the 4th Qtr. Manu was out there basically running PG and Enrique was sent to the corner every possession. IMO when that's the case there is no reason to have him out there since he isn't a threat as a spot-up shooter and is also a horrible defender. If Manu is running the point he's useless basically.

Oh you meant 4th...

that's my bad bro..

yeah in the fourth quarter Manu-Green-Kawhi-TD-LMA is the best lineup for sure...

Not even close...No defensive liability in that lineup plus manu is a better passer and more importantly with Plays going to Kawhi and LMA..A more natural shooter.

FkLA
11-01-2015, 09:34 PM
a well-reputed unbiased analyst agrees with you..

:tu

gilmor
11-01-2015, 09:58 PM
This is a question for Pop to decide.. if he feels that Parker shd be there in the 4th quarter.. then Parker will be..

That's the serious answer..

Brazil
11-01-2015, 10:44 PM
p.s. Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) I refuse to call him by his name until he stops being so worthless, Manu was Turnobili around these parts until he redeemed himself

Thats your right but don't expect to engage in a serious discussion people that actually respect Parker. You end up discussing with people that share the same disrespect thus same opinion... This is not having a serious discussion, this is simply jerking off between internet buddies.

ChumpDumper
11-29-2015, 07:51 PM
Thats your right but don't expect to engage in a serious discussion people that actually respect Parker. You end up discussing with people that share the same disrespect thus same opinion... This is not having a serious discussion, this is simply jerking off between internet buddies.:wow

FkLA needs to log in to an alt for awhile.

GSH
11-29-2015, 09:21 PM

I'm collecting all the best ideas on ST to discuss with Pop over dinner. I'm glad Chump bumped this thread, because I missed it the first time.
PM me your info - Pop will probably want to send you a bottle of wine. :pop::tu