PDA

View Full Version : 704 . . . And Counting

Horry For 3!
09-17-2005, 02:19 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=knight-_WWW_SPRT_12671307&prov=knight&type=lgns

704 . . . AND COUNTING

Barry Bonds hit his first home run since last Sept. 26 on Friday night, leaving him 10 behind Babe Ruth on the all-time list:

PLAYER YEARS HR
1. Hank Aaron 1954-76 755
2. Babe Ruth 1914-35 714
3. Barry Bonds 1986- 704

THE ROAD AHEAD

The Giants have 15 games remaining in the season. Bonds' home run numbers against the upcoming teams and where they rank among his victims (note: He probably won't play every game):

Saturday-Sunday, Los Angeles: 61 (T-3rd)

Tuesday-Thursday, Washington: 61* (T-3rd)

Friday-Sept. 25, Colorado: 47 (6th)

Sept. 26-Sept. 29, San Diego: 80 (1st)

Sept. 30-Oct. 2, Arizona: 32 (12th)

* -- Home runs all came when Washington was the Montreal Expos.

samikeyp
09-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Was it the cream or the clear? :lol

Jimcs50
09-18-2005, 09:17 AM
I hope he tears his Achilles.

The cheater does not deserve to breat Hank's record.

Trainwreck2100
09-18-2005, 10:45 AM
His tiny genitals should be payment enough, but I hope he fouls one off the ground into his face.

Sportcamper
09-18-2005, 11:06 AM
I was in a fantasy baseball league just after the steroid controversy started circulating a couple years ago & one of the teams in the league was The Balco Bombers... :lol

Regardless of anything Barry has done....He is the best player I have ever seen at scooping up garbage pitches & turning them into base hits...

hussker
09-18-2005, 07:43 PM
I was in a fantasy baseball league just after the steroid controversy started circulating a couple years ago & one of the teams in the league was The Balco Bombers... :lol

Regardless of anything Barry has done....He is the best player I have ever seen at scooping up garbage pitches & turning them into base hits...

If Jim Edmonds had Barry's power, or if Wil Clark had possessed it, we would be talking about those guys. Sweetest swings in baseball. Ken Griffey Jr's swing is not so bad either. The scary thing is, you look at his dad swing in the 70's with the Big Red Machine and watch Jr now you could make a claim for cloning that has already taken place. (And yes, I am old enough to have seen both of them in person and have done so, before you ask.)

Jimcs50
09-21-2005, 08:41 AM
I hate this bastard. Now he is trying to use the Katrina tragedy to make people feel guilty for focussing on his steroid use instead of the "really important" issues like Katrina.

Then he asks, "Why can't we just let this steroid issue go?"

Because numbnuts, you are about to break the most cherished record in all of sports, and we hate that you cheated in order to do it, that is why.

Get a fucking clue, Barry.....you fucking classless dickhead.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-21-2005, 10:05 AM
I would not mind at all if opposing pitchers simply threw heat at his knees the rest of the season.

King
09-21-2005, 10:43 AM
I just don't understand the level of hate towards this guy. He brings out harsher feelings than Hitler from some of you.

tlongII
09-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Barry is a dickhead and a cheater, but I enjoy watching him hit more than any other baseball player I've ever seen.

Jimcs50
09-21-2005, 11:02 AM
I just don't understand the level of hate towards this guy. He brings out harsher feelings than Hitler from some of you.

He is Hitler reincarnated.

Horry For 3!
09-21-2005, 01:38 PM
I don't hate Barry.

Willinsa
09-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Barry's Was On The Juice, He Sucks Ass.

Sense
09-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Yankees .5 games behind the red sox.

So far both of them are winning:

Yankees 2 Baltimore 0

Red Sox 3 Tampa Bay 2

I know someone's sweating.

atlfan25
09-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Barry's ability to read pitches and know the strike zone is awe inspiring.

Sense
09-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Yankees .5 games behind the red sox.

So far both of them are winning:

Yankees 2 Baltimore 0

Red Sox 3 Tampa Bay 2

I know someone's sweating.

Yankees tied leading with the Red Sox... Someone predicted yankees coming back like this? I think I did.

isn't that funny? :rolleyes :lol

midgetonadonkey
09-21-2005, 11:21 PM
I wish Eazy-E was alive so he can go up to Barry and slip him like the Bitch he is.

:flipoff Barry Bonds

FromWayDowntown
09-22-2005, 12:48 PM
He is Hitler reincarnated.

A great analogy, since Barry is documented to have ordered the deaths of millions. :rolleyes

If you dislike the guy, that's one thing. But ultimately, he's only a ballplayer. Whatever he does to chafe you only affects your decision to enjoy or not enjoy a diversion from the issues of real life.

I agree with Barry about the fact that the media should spend more time worrying about real issues that have a real impact on people (Katrina/Rita/Iraq for example) and less time worrying about: (1) whether he ingested materials that weren't even illegal in baseball at the time in question; and (2) using rank suspicion as some sort of a proxy for proof that he did so.

Jimcs50
09-22-2005, 01:16 PM
I agree with Barry about the fact that the media should spend more time worrying about real issues that have a real impact on people (Katrina/Rita/Iraq for example) and less time worrying about: (1) whether he ingested materials that weren't even illegal in baseball at the time in question; and (2) using rank suspicion as some sort of a proxy for proof that he did so.

He is using the Katrina tragedy to deflect criticism away from his cheating.

That is my opinion is as low as Hitler, because he is taking adantage of the suffering of millions of people for his own gain.

I hope he dies a slow painful death....

FromWayDowntown
09-22-2005, 03:15 PM
That is my opinion is as low as Hitler, because he is taking adantage of the suffering of millions of people for his own gain.

That's patently ridiculous.

It takes too many deductive leaps to get to that point, all of which require a deep-seeded belief that Barry Bonds has no redeeming value as a human being, to get to that conclusion with anything other than hatred.

If a player in a slump (for say the Red Sox) told the media that it should spend less time worrying about his slump and more time worrying about the victims of hurricanes, would you reach the same conclusion about him? I doubt it.

Adolf Hitler set about on a plan to exterminate several million people from the Earth because of a religious/ethnic bigotry. Assuming you're right, Barry Bonds may have cheated in hitting some home runs in baseball games that, in the grand scheme of things, mean absolutely zero to anything.

Attempting to compare the two is extremely disrespectful to the many millions who lost their lives for no reason at Hitler's hands and the many more millions who've had to deal with those losses.

T Park
09-22-2005, 04:21 PM
whether he ingested materials that weren't even illegal in baseball

so that makes it ok??

Typical.

FromWayDowntown
09-22-2005, 04:36 PM
so that makes it ok??

Typical.

Typical of what, TPark?

Jimcs50
09-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Adolf Hitler set about on a plan to exterminate several million people from the Earth because of a religious/ethnic bigotry. Assuming you're right, Barry Bonds may have cheated in hitting some home runs in baseball games that, in the grand scheme of things, mean absolutely zero to anything.

Attempting to compare the two is extremely disrespectful to the many millions who lost their lives for no reason at Hitler's hands and the many more millions who've had to deal with those losses.

Ya think?

You mean killing 6 million people is worse than cheating in sports?

Thanks for setting me straight.

FromWayDowntown
09-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Ya think?

You mean killing 6 million people is worse than cheating in sports?

Thanks for setting me straight.

All I ask is that if you're going to analogize your dislike for Bonds to a dislike for an historical figure, choose an historical figure who did something similar to what you suspect Bonds of doing. If you think Bonds is a liar and a cheat, then compare him to President Nixon or President Clinton or to the Iraqi Information guy (Baghdad Bob) or someone like that.

Comparing him to Hitler is just ridiculous.

Jimcs50
09-22-2005, 05:29 PM
All I ask is that if you're going to analogize your dislike for Bonds to a dislike for an historical figure, choose an historical figure who did something similar to what you suspect Bonds of doing. If you think Bonds is a liar and a cheat, then compare him to President Nixon or President Clinton or to the Iraqi Information guy (Baghdad Bob) or someone like that.

Comparing him to Hitler is just ridiculous.

I did not bring Hitler into this...read the post from King.

I was being facetious.

FromWayDowntown
09-22-2005, 05:57 PM
I did not bring Hitler into this...read the post from King.

I was being facetious.

obviously, on both occasions.

Sense
09-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Another HR tonight....

He just keeps going..

SequSpur
09-27-2005, 11:19 PM
STFU.

Barry Bonds is the best player ever to play baseball.

Got Damn Haters.

Sense
09-28-2005, 12:28 AM
STFU.

Barry Bonds is the best player ever to play baseball.

Got Damn Haters.

I don't know what to make of your posts anymore...

but I wasn't hating.

oops...btw he's on my fantasy team.