PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Ben Simmons; I'm going to be a Laker next season

RsxPiimp
11-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Karl-Anthony Towns, D'Angelo Russell, and Jahlil Okafor were considered this year's top prospects in the 2015 NBA Draft with many believing these three players have great potential to be stars on the NBA level. Next year, all eyes will more than likely be on forward Ben Simmons out of LSU.

Simmons has yet to play a minute on the basketball floor for the Tigers. The season won't get underway for LSU until Nov. 13 against the McNeese State, but the consensus already seems to be that Simmons will be the top draft choice in 2016. The 6'10" forward dropped somewhat of a bombshell on Snapchat recently claiming he'll be suiting for the Los Angeles Lakers in the 2016-17 NBA season, via Stephen Douglas of The Big Lead on Oct. 29.

This five. Number 25, Ben Simmons. ‘Bout to do work this year. You can catch me on the Lakers next year.”

:lol I'm glad me an Kool's jinx threads are working perfectly as planned. At this rate the Lakers are projected to be the worst team in the entire league.

We got next:hat

HarlemHeat37
11-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Won't matter if Byron and Kobe are still around, tbh:lol..

Killakobe81
11-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Kobe wont but I am definitely afraid Byron will Magic is still supporting this clown ... smh.

Clipper Nation
11-02-2015, 10:35 AM
I remember when Towns and Okafor were saying this last year. Then... D'Bust Struggle happened.

Killakobe81
11-02-2015, 10:51 AM
I remember when Towns and Okafor were saying this last year. Then... D'Bust Struggle happened.

Shut your faggy dick holster ... we have plenty of suckage with Kobe to bash leave the rook alone. Rather have Ben simmons than Oakafor ...

100%duncan
11-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Another career cut short

JMarkJohns
11-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Simmons is incredible. Gotta see where LA lands. Unless #1 Ben may not be there to take. Though I think most think Skal Labissiere goes #1 as he's a slightly better explosive athlete (I think Simmons is better laterally) and Skal has a bit more KTA upside.

But Simmons is highly skilled right now and at a legit 6-9 or so, he's got the ideal physical traits and skills for modern PF. Lacks elite level athleticism.

11-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Simmons is incredible. Gotta see where LA lands. Unless #1 Ben may not be there to take. Though I think most think Skal Labissiere goes #1 as he's a slightly better explosive athlete (I think Simmons is better laterally) and Skal has a bit more KTA upside.

But Simmons is highly skilled right now and at a legit 6-9 or so, he's got the ideal physical traits and skills for modern PF. Lacks elite level athleticism.
Gotta see Simmons in college before I make my judgement tbh

Killakobe81
11-02-2015, 04:45 PM
People should also keep an eye on Ingram at Duke. I think he has the nasty in him like a more aggressive (offensively) than Justice Winslow. I think Jus will be the better defender but I like Ingram. any of the 3 would help and by the looks of things Lakers trending to a top 3 pick. Really need #1 to solidify things ...

DMC
11-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Doesn't matter who you put alongside The Bean, he's not going to be successful. Lakers are looking at at least 4 years post Kobe before they will make any serious run at a title.

Killakobe81
11-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Doesn't matter who you put alongside The Bean, he's not going to be successful. Lakers are looking at at least 4 years post Kobe before they will make any serious run at a title.

Title? Come on DMc who is thinking that right now? Yes, for us that is all that matters ...but...
how about getting a real coach with a clue first?
How about Jeanie and Jimbo stop fighting in public?
How about signing a real FA to replace Kobe?
Title is probably more than 4 years away.

DMC
11-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Title? Come on DMc who is thinking that right now? Yes, for us that is all that matters ...but...
how about getting a real coach with a clue first?
How about Jeanie and Jimbo stop fighting in public?
How about signing a real FA to replace Kobe?
Title is probably more than 4 years away.
Ben Simmons aint a coach
Chip Engelland fucked Jeanie before Phil dide
Anyone can replace Kobe, hell you can have 4 people for that price, good ones.

JMarkJohns
11-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Gotta see Simmons in college before I make my judgement tbh

He put up insane numbers against elite international competition. He destroyed fellow top-10 bigs in his class. He's legit. Nothing a year of college can do to change that.

Only thing he's missing is explosion. Dude can jump high, and is quick as a gazelle, but in traffic, he's a stop and gather leaper for full lift. Never seems to explode into his jumps. Doubt college improves this that much either. Maybe some pro workouts can help.

Seventyniner
11-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Simmons has yet to play a minute on the basketball floor for the Tigers. The season won't get underway for LSU until Nov. 13 against the McNeese State,

I so want to see a McNeese player get a MNF introduction and say "THE McNeese State University."

What would Bill Simmons call the tanking process this year? Bend over for Ben? Lemons for Simmons?

noob cake
11-02-2015, 06:35 PM
People should also keep an eye on Ingram at Duke. I think he has the nasty in him like a more aggressive (offensively) than Justice Winslow. I think Jus will be the better defender but I like Ingram. any of the 3 would help and by the looks of things Lakers trending to a top 3 pick. Really need #1 to solidify things ...

6'8" with 7'3" wingspan, 9'1.5" standing reach with elite skills and great athleticism. #1 pick next year

Mr Bones
11-02-2015, 06:35 PM
You know your team really sucks when three games into the season your only hope is to talk about who you might draft next year.

DMC
11-02-2015, 06:50 PM
You know your team really sucks when three games into the season your only hope is to talk about who you might draft next year. Pining for a high schooler not named Lebron.

BD24
11-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Ben Simmons is really good, but honestly not even the best player in that class. Skal Labissiere is going to be the best player in the class. The guy has tremendous upside.

JMarkJohns
11-02-2015, 08:48 PM
Ben Simmons is really good, but honestly not even the best player in that class. Skal Labissiere is going to be the best player in the class. The guy has tremendous upside.

Skal has Anthony Davis upside while Simmons actually has Anthony Davis skill set. It's weird. I'd happily take Simmons at 2/3 with Skal going #1 and Ingram, maybe, going #2.

Haven't see as much of Ingram. Saw Murray more.

Overall, the top three to five prospects this year will be very good, but draft lacks depth. Mostly role players after. A few upside comboguards, but few starter/all-star quality wings/guards.

2017 is the draft for SGs and SFs.

JMarkJohns
11-02-2015, 08:52 PM
As for Simmons, he effectively has three things keeping him from being best in class: 1. Lack of elite level bounce, 2. Lack of wingspan 7-0, tops), and 3. He's closer to 6-9 than 6-10.

If one of those changes for the better he'd be considered for #1. But he's not ever going to be a SF in the NBA, so despite incredible upside, he's a bit short for modern PF, lacks wingspan to be elite defender, and lacks explosion to be elite finisher.

But he'll be an ideal tall small-ball PF. Skill set, especially ball handling and passing, slashing off the dribble, they are incredible for a big man. Has range, but needs consistency on perimeter shot. It'll come.

BD24
11-02-2015, 08:57 PM
As for Simmons, he effectively has three things keeping him from being best in class: 1. Lack of elite level bounce, 2. Lack of wingspan 7-0, tops), and 3. He's closer to 6-9 than 6-10.

If one of those changes for the better he'd be considered for #1. But he's not ever going to be a SF in the NBA, so despite incredible upside, he's a bit short for modern PF, lacks wingspan to be elite defender, and lacks explosion to be elite finisher.

But he'll be an ideal tall small-ball PF. Skill set, especially ball handling and passing, slashing off the dribble, they are incredible for a big man. Has range, but needs consistency on perimeter shot. It'll come.
You nailed it on the head. My biggest problem with Simmons is what position he will play. He doesn't have great athleticism needed to play sf in todays league, but he isn't big enough to bang with the 4's. He should be able to put on some weight and be a point forward type I would think. I have been impressed with how polished Simmons game already is though. He has a fantastic bball iq and really a pretty great all around skillset.

Killakobe81
11-03-2015, 08:38 AM

Your HS/college analysis is pretty damn good, I must say. Although I think though we should be careful of always looking at measurables so much. What measures would you have placed on Steph curry going in to college? even as a NBA draft prospect? I agree we need to look at wingspan etc. but sometimes guys outperform projections. Wiggins for example is still an elite level athlete but outside of his defense and hops I just dont see best prospect since Lebron type of production. Davis on the other hand, though a top prospect no one thought he was the best prospect since Lebron until he won the title.

I wanna see all 3 play against elite competition before I judge. But I love Ingram's fire. A bit skinny, but if he hits the weight room he just may be favorite prospect of the 3.

JMarkJohns
11-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Davis grew like 6 inches in last 15 months of high school and entered his UK career as the #1 prospect in his class and was talked about in same breath as Durant.

I agree on what you're saying. But history suggests those three areas ultimately limit upside just enough that #1 pick seems a bit high. But like I've said, Simmons already has more skill than most his age and he's dominated elite international and US prep talent.

He's damn good. But can he dominate better athletes? Can he dominate taller players? Can he dominate vs elite defenders? His few limitations that can't or are unlikely to change are just enough to suggest no. Like I said, if one of those changes, it's probably yes.