PDA

View Full Version : Spurs dead last in FTA

LaMarcus Bryant
11-03-2015, 11:01 AM
And less than mediocre in 3PFG

Defensive looks good but GSW superior to us in every stat including OPP fg% and OPP 3%

hater
11-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Miss you prime parker :cry

LaMarcus Bryant
11-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Interestingly enough, Cavs are almost as shitty as us in FTA, at 19 to our 17. They're 2nd to last.

spursistan
11-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Warriors opening destructive slavo is mainly a run on adrenaline to respond to doubters and shitty and hobbled opposition (Pels, Grizllies, Rockets thus far)..they will come down to earth though still awesome..i expect a close game vs Clippers

JeffDuncan
11-03-2015, 11:14 AM
... GSW superior to us in every stat ...

GSW schedule has been puny so far, playing the pathetic Griz, the pathetic (so far) Rockets, and the Pelicans twice, which is weird. They play the Clippers tomorrow, and then we'll know more.

FromWayDowntown
11-03-2015, 11:17 AM
What more do we need to know? The Warriors are really, really good.

That's not to say that they can't be beaten, but there are only a very small number of teams in the league that can have any real hope of beating a healthy Warriors team in a 7 game series. The same is true of a number of other teams, including the Cavs, the Thunder, the Clippers, and (hopefully) the Spurs.

cjw
11-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Spurs are also dead last in FT allowed.

This could be an indirect result of the refs generally swallowing their whistles when one team (Spurs) are not fouling either. Cleveland is second to last. Lebron & co. are also play good D without fouling.

Minnesota at 31 FTA per game - those games must take forever.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-03-2015, 11:20 AM
I'm more worried about the Spurs 3 point shooting. They'll need to sign an additional shooter. Butler sucks.

DenialTwist
11-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Yes, this was mentioned in the Celtics game. The spurs also average less FT's than most of the NBA teams. Not a good combination lol

^ The above poster is right. The Spurs need more three point shooting. Kawhi and Danny are struggling from behind the arc.

Keepin' it real
11-03-2015, 11:47 AM
spurs last in free throws ...

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/attachments/6a00d83452654869e200e55282a8928834-800wi-jpeg.9475/

Chinook
11-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Parker's penetration was a better offensive foundation than any post game can be. Honestly, the Spurs just really aren't a foul-shooting team as constructed. They shoot a lot of jump shots, and those only draw fouls against bad defenders.

Robz4000
11-03-2015, 11:50 AM
The offense will come around once Green gets out if his slump and Aldridge integrates better tbh. As for 3 point shooting, they lost one guy in Beli; while he was a great shooter he's still only one player (and gave up a lot of what he made on D). They replaced his spacing with bigs that can shoot in Aldridge and West. As long as LDN, Patty, and Manu hit their threes the team will be fine.

Robz4000
11-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Parker's penetration was a better offensive foundation than any post game can be. Honestly, the Spurs just really aren't a foul-shooting team as constructed. They shoot a lot of jump shots, and those only draw fouls against bad defenders.

Rather than another shooter the Spurs need a slasher/driver. Was hoping Simmons could be that but it's looking unlikely.

ElNono
11-03-2015, 11:53 AM
I know we played generally shitty teams in the last 3 games, but the defensive metrics should still be really, really good... if we can keep that and make shots, I don't really care how many FTA we get...

Chinook
11-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Rather than another shooter the Spurs need a slasher/driver. Was hoping Simmons could be that but it's looking unlikely.

The issue is that there aren't very many slashers in the league anymore.

Mr Bones
11-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Despite the 3-1 record, the lack of ball movement has bothered me a little.... too many Carmelo-like isolation plays on offense. It was obvious though that the Spurs went at Porzingis to get him in foul trouble, and it worked... he played 25 minutes instead of 30+ when he was looking like the best player on their team... with Kawhi on Melo & Porzingis sitting, their options were limited.

Budkin
11-03-2015, 11:58 AM
And less than mediocre in 3PFG

Defensive looks good but GSW superior to us in every stat including OPP fg% and OPP 3%

The less we take, the less we can miss in the clutch. :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-03-2015, 12:02 PM
As I said during yesterday's game thread, the Spurs are relying strictly on individual talent to win games, right now..the Duncan-Aldridge-Leonard frontcourt is overwhelming..

The actual offense has been ugly and disorganized..no shooting is hurting, a lot, and there isn't much penetration or ball movement from the perimeter..I expected these offensive struggles, though, its only natural when integrating a high-usage player and re-adjusting the roles of Parker and Leonard..

Fortunately, they've been playing against mediocre(atrocious in Brooklyn's case) teams since OKC..

Robz4000
11-03-2015, 12:05 PM
The issue is that there aren't very many slashers in the league anymore.

Anyone you can think of at all? Rodney Stuckey is available iirc.

HarlemHeat37
11-03-2015, 12:05 PM
The defense has been dominant, but hard to tell if it's sustainable, as the past 3 games have been against teams with very limited offensive talent..

apalisoc_9
11-03-2015, 12:12 PM
It's really expected. LMA and kawhi rely on midrange jumpers to get themselves going, that's not really going to give you that many FT's. No one's really elite enough of a penetrator in this team to warrant a different style of play ( going back to parker offense). Right now, they're just relying on the individuals to win them games. What they're trying to do right now is find a good balance of Attack via Parker and Ginobili and talent based points.

It's extremely important that Parker and Manu are well rested in come April otherwise this team would resort to relying on Kawhi and LMA again at a really high rate. This is why Manu coming back is a game changer. Without Manu, Parker would be forced to play extended minutes. It would have been ugly..They would have one legit slasher/playmaker in the team.

The defense looks great so far, but they've played shitty teams tbh....

I'm assuming the organization believes they xan play good enough offensively with kawhi and LMA...and really just focus on D.

Tiago's trade/departure is directly linked to Parker's decline.

spursistan
11-03-2015, 12:34 PM
Good to reverse a bit the course/trend as the league was aping our space-pace model en masse basically..We really needed talent and easy buckets that were no longer there with Tony massive decline..it is less taxing than the perfect team basketball that netted us the 2014 chip..That said, at some point we need not to forget about involving guys like Green and Mills and that can only be when ball/player movement is back in synch.

Yuixafun
11-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Spurs keep evolving, the days of Neal and Green burying a bazzillion 3's in a game although, probably one of the hypest feelings I've had from a game, are in the past.

Spurs make a blueprint, and then have the blueprint to beat the blueprint in the works.

DesignatedT
11-03-2015, 12:52 PM
As long as the Spurs don't put teams on the line then it shouldn't matter much and historically nobody does a better job at playing defense without fouling then the Spurs.

Yuixafun
11-03-2015, 12:56 PM
How ironic tho, with their reputation for not fouling, Spurs are also the flagship for Hack-a-Shaq

K...
11-03-2015, 01:28 PM
How ironic tho, with their reputation for not fouling, Spurs are also the flagship for Hack-a-Shaq

We haven't played Dwight or deandre yet. We'll get back to average after facing those teams.

Aztecfan03
11-03-2015, 01:32 PM
Yes, this was mentioned in the Celtics game. The spurs also average less FT's than most of the NBA teams. Not a good combination lol

^ The above poster is right. The Spurs need more three point shooting. Kawhi and Danny are struggling from behind the arc.

Did you not read the thread title?

Fireball
11-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Warriors are so high above any other team right now ... we can thank Doc Rivers and other assholes for really firing them up ... they are not even coasting on defense which was our only chance for them not being the clear favorite for the #1 seed. They played small against Grizzlies and still blocked shot after shot.

Regarding the Spurs ... the three point shooting is critical ... if DG gets not hot soon to reach around 40% again we are toast

NameLess Scrub
11-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Good to reverse a bit the course/trend as the league was aping our space-pace model en masse basically..We really needed talent and easy buckets that were no longer there with Tony massive decline..it is less taxing than the perfect team basketball that netted us the 2014 chip..That said, at some point we need not to forget about involving guys like Green and Mills and that can only be when ball/player movement is back in synch.

Basically this.

It seems to me though.. that the bench is a bit more ahead on the ball movement, understandably.

HarlemHeat37
11-03-2015, 01:41 PM
^^ There was never a realistic chance for anybody else to get the #1 seed, outside of maybe OKC..

The Warriors just won 67 games and are bringing back the same roster, they have more continuity than any team in the league and don't need to change their style of play, at all..same 67 win team, all key players in their prime, including their superstar player(the 2nd best player in the league)..

The Spurs and Clippers are integrating several new players into their rotation, with the former altering a major part of their system by bringing in Aldridge..fortunately for the Spurs, the best division in the league has potentially taken a huge step down with New Orleans's injuries and Memphis being exposed..

Yuixafun
11-03-2015, 01:48 PM
But is the 3 so critical for the Spurs really, with this team?

With the way that TD KL LA are so strong in the midgame/close , even Parker and West when he's on...

It just doesn't seem so vital to me.

With that being said, once the interior dominance, gels, those 3 pointers will be open that much more.

Feels like the Spurs are more combination of Fury and Flurry now, which I personally am in favor of above and over reliance on the 3 ball.

Work inside out again, we have the talent and the skill.

Eat up possessions and grind a little more. I'm getting an idea of what's on the horizon for this incarnation of the Spurs and it will devour those Buttlerflies in Golden State.

NameLess Scrub
11-03-2015, 01:49 PM
I'm always under the impression that a championship team which brings the same roster and system to the next season will give other teams time to figure them out, and an off-season to add pieces to adjust, unless the team is so great and talented that it won't matter.

I guess we'll see if that's the case with the Warriors.

spursistan
11-03-2015, 01:49 PM
^^ There was never a realistic chance for anybody else to get the #1 seed, outside of maybe OKC..

The Warriors just won 67 games and are bringing back the same roster, they have more continuity than any team in the league and don't need to change their style of play, at all..same 67 win team, all key players in their prime, including their superstar player(the 2nd best player in the league)..

The Spurs and Clippers are integrating several new players into their rotation, with the former altering a major part of their system by bringing in Aldridge..fortunately for the Spurs, the best division in the league has potentially taken a huge step down with New Orleans's injuries and Memphis being exposed..
Yep..can't really underestimate that factor, tbh..there is still a potential Rockets implosion around the corner with Dallas even more mediocre overall than last season..Huge break we caught that should dilute whatever W-L ground we would hove lost in the early integration process...3/4 of our games vs Warriors/OKC are deep in March April, too..

Yuixafun
11-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Especially when they mirrored the Spurs system in large parts.

Robz4000
11-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Spurs also have the potential to be a historically good road team imo. Lot of star talent and veteran players on top of a proven system. Unlike in years past the Spurs don't need HCA to win a series, but a top 3 seed is extremely important to avoid having to play three of OKC, LAC, HOU, and GS. I can't see the Spurs winning a title in that fashion.

TheDoctor
11-03-2015, 02:06 PM
I'm always under the impression that a championship team which brings the same roster and system to the next season will give other teams time to figure them out, and an off-season to add pieces to adjust, unless the team is so great and talented that it won't matter.

I guess we'll see if that's the case with the Warriors.

Other teams can figure it out as you said and can't do much about it when they have a player like Curry and the opposition don't have defensive perimeter beasts like DG And KL2. Golden State is clearly on a mission and it is to win B2B. They are playing out of their minds. Injuries and the Spurs (2nd in oppg) are the only visible drawbacks that can really stop them from having another historic season. They just destroyed Memphis by 50 points. Some reality check.

dweaver99027
11-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Out of all the 'sky is falling' threads I've seen in Spurstalk since the start of the season, this is the only one that has merit. Only LMA ha sshown the ability to draw fouls because he seeks contact. kawhi, for all his aggressiveness, does not throw his body at defenders often enough, rather opting for better shot balance. This should be remedied somehow, free points being hard to come by will be a problem eventually.

TheDoctor
11-03-2015, 02:18 PM
...kawhi, for all his aggressiveness, does not throw his body at defenders often enough, rather opting for better shot balance...

I agree. Kawhi needs to learn a convincing pump fake too but I think he's too mechanic and robotic in his movements. At least he got really good teachers if interested. Manu, LMA, Marco in the past all have a very good pump fake and constantly are drawing fouls because of it.

LaMarcus Bryant
11-03-2015, 02:25 PM
I agree. Kawhi needs to learn a convincing pump fake too but I think he's to mechanic and robotic in his movements. At least he got really good teachers if interested. Manu, LMA, Marco in the past all have a very good pump fake and constantly are drawing fouls because of it.

Kawhi needs to watch some KA summer league tape.
Kyle was drawing fouls with his drive and fake like no other

11-03-2015, 02:27 PM
Nothing to see here, just the Spurs depending on Verde to get out of slump again. We should be able to win tons of games in the regular season without him going crazy from three, but in the playoffs, he'll need to be on his A-game every series. Patty too.

We've relied heavily on Danny's hot shooting streaks the last few years and Marco leaving only increases that burden on him.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-03-2015, 04:26 PM
I'm more worried about the Spurs 3 point shooting. They'll need to sign an additional shooter. Butler sucks.
disagree 100%, Butler is a very good shooter given the opportunities. Anderson, on the other hand, sucks (especially considering he's undeservedly gotten more PT than Butler).

K...
11-03-2015, 05:00 PM
disagree 100%, Butler is a very good shooter given the opportunities. Anderson, on the other hand, sucks (especially considering he's undeservedly gotten more PT than Butler).

22 yrs old player with upside vs an aarp member. Don't be dense. I don't care if you don't like Kyle but don't act like he's not deserving of his contract and playing time. Second guessing the league's best coach and front office is a losing bet.

SAGirl
11-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Agreed, that is why I like an aggressive Aldridge. Not that he's the king of foul drawing, but when he gets aggressive, he can actually draw fouls. He's just too strong that not many guys can contain him one on one without fouling him once or twice. Him being in a state of letting the game come to him, is a role not conducive to foul drawing.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-03-2015, 05:23 PM
22 yrs old player with upside vs an aarp member. Don't be dense. I don't care if you don't like Kyle but don't act like he's not deserving of his contract and playing time. Second guessing the league's best coach and front office is a losing bet.
The Spurs' system isn't built to give rotation minutes to a wing who can't shoot, is a mediocre at best defender, and slows down the pace of the attack offensively.

SAGirl
11-03-2015, 05:24 PM
I agree. Kawhi needs to learn a convincing pump fake too but I think he's to mechanic and robotic in his movements. At least he got really good teachers if interested. Manu, LMA, Marco in the past all have a very good pump fake and constantly are drawing fouls because of it.
Slow-Mo too. Nowhere near any of those guys, and yet his pump fake gets guys in the air. lol He's kind of the king of throwing people off and mistiming whatever it is he's doing. Long arms too. Not to kid around, I really like him next to Leonard at SG.

I really wish Slow-Mo could help a little more this season. So many fans are saying he hasn't shown anything, but truly he hasn't even gotten the chance to. Even the starters have struggled here, so to expect him to come in like Kawhi, ready and firing is unrealistic to say the least. That doesn't mean that he can't catch a rhythm later on during the season.

SAGirl
11-03-2015, 05:29 PM
The Spurs' system isn't built to give rotation minutes to a wing who can't shoot, is a mediocre at best defender, and slows down the pace of the attack offensively.
You are concluding too much from a spare minute here or there.
Rather I think Pop has tightened the rotation because their main guys have been out of rhythm themselves and having too many mistakes of their own.

Your hate of Anderson will make you very sour all season, bc he is part of the Spurs future, and we are likely to need him to come through even this season. Manu is not going to hold up playing 20-24 minutes and and B2B.

dabom
11-03-2015, 05:30 PM
When you have the DPOY in the game, the refs aren't going to call ticky tack fouls and they just use that guideline for the rest of the players that game. That means our players aren't going to draw many fouls themselves.

Also helps that the Spurs rarely foul to begin with.

dabom
11-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Slow-Mo too. Nowhere near any of those guys, and yet his pump fake gets guys in the air. lol He's kind of the king of throwing people off and mistiming whatever it is he's doing. Long arms too. Not to kid around, I really like him next to Leonard at SG.

I really wish Slow-Mo could help a little more this season. So many fans are saying he hasn't shown anything, but truly he hasn't even gotten the chance to. Even the starters have struggled here, so to expect him to come in like Kawhi, ready and firing is unrealistic to say the least. That doesn't mean that he can't catch a rhythm later on during the season.

Slomo doesn't space the floor. He will not see many minutes with Kawhi.

apalisoc_9
11-03-2015, 05:48 PM
When you have the DPOY in the game, the refs aren't going to call ticky tack fouls and they just use that guideline for the rest of the players that game. That means our players aren't going to draw many fouls themselves.

Also helps that the Spurs rarely foul to begin with.

Yeah...Memphis for a few years used toget away with murder during gasol dpoy days. They were fouling Blake all the time and the clilpers never got a call :lol

apalisoc_9
11-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Not a huge fan of tenhead tbh. Slow and cant shoot

dabom
11-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Yeah...Memphis for a few years used toget away with murder during gasol dpoy days. They were fouling Blake all the time and the clilpers never got a call :lol

:lol

UNT Eagles 2016
11-03-2015, 07:01 PM
You are concluding too much from a spare minute here or there.
Rather I think Pop has tightened the rotation because their main guys have been out of rhythm themselves and having too many mistakes of their own.

Your hate of Anderson will make you very sour all season, bc he is part of the Spurs future, and we are likely to need him to come through even this season. Manu is not going to hold up playing 20-24 minutes and and B2B.
If a slower Malik Hairston is part of the Spurs' future, it's a pretty dim future indeed.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-03-2015, 07:01 PM
:lol
Hey Clipper Nation heads up you posted on the wrong alt

dabom
11-03-2015, 07:02 PM
Hey Clipper Nation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28500) heads up you posted on the wrong alt

Dumbass. I'm from SA. No one knows who you are faggot. :lmao

TD 21
11-03-2015, 07:02 PM
The offense will come around once Green gets out if his slump and Aldridge integrates better tbh. As for 3 point shooting, they lost one guy in Beli; while he was a great shooter he's still only one player (and gave up a lot of what he made on D). They replaced his spacing with bigs that can shoot in Aldridge and West. As long as LDN, Patty, and Manu hit their threes the team will be fine.

Ginobili hasn't been an above average three-point shooter in years, so while it's possible he suddenly is again this season, it's obviously unlikely.

Mills, the jury is still out on. It's presumed that he'll be back to normal now, but who knows? It's possible he never get's back to that level.

Green is fine and will eventually come around and shoot his usual 40+%.

You're right though; people act like they lost a lot of three-point shooting, but they really didn't. For sure, Belinelli is a better, more versatile shooter than Butler, but the biggest difference is the former was firmly entrenched in the rotation. If/when Butler (or some other random spot up guy who shoots high 30's from 3 for his career) claims fourth wing, the difference will be minimal.

Like you alluded to, they need their three-point shooting to essentially shoot their career averages. Most of them didn't last season and though early, they're not again this season. This isn't the Grizzlies though, who flat out lack shooters.

Robz4000
11-03-2015, 07:12 PM
Ginobili hasn't been an above average three-point shooter in years, so while it's possible he suddenly is again this season, it's obviously unlikely.

Mills, the jury is still out on. It's presumed that he'll be back to normal now, but who knows? It's possible he never get's back to that level.

Green is fine and will eventually come around and shoot his usual 40+%.

You're right though; people act like they lost a lot of three-point shooting, but they really didn't. For sure, Belinelli is a better, more versatile shooter than Butler, but the biggest difference is the former was firmly entrenched in the rotation. If/when Butler (or some other random spot up guy who shoots high 30's from 3 for his career) claims fourth wing, the difference will be minimal.

Like you alluded to, they need their three-point shooting to essentially shoot their career averages. Most of them didn't last season and though early, they're not again this season. This isn't the Grizzlies though, who flat out lack shooters.

Manu will be interesting to watch. As many have said he looks to be in the best shape he's been in years, so that may be enough to get his three ball back to a high level with his legs under him. Mills' mechanics look great; every time he shoots I feel like its going in. Green is Green, as we've said. Butler will be interesting to watch; I think he might end up shooting 40% from three once he gets consistent minutes, especially with how that bench unit moves the ball.

Another thing I failed to mention will be the potential improvements of Leonard and Diaw from three. Leonard is always working on his game and his three-ball just may take another step forward as well. Diaw's outside shot looks better than it did last year as well. I think, provided the team remains relatively healthy and without the muderous stretch they had to endure with the schedule last year, the three point shooting will improve to where it was in 2014. On top of the nice talent increase, this team should be great going forward. Just sucks the rest of the top West teams improved so much as well.

TD 21
11-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Manu will be interesting to watch. As many have said he looks to be in the best shape he's been in years, so that may be enough to get his three ball back to a high level with his legs under him. Mills' mechanics look great; every time he shoots I feel like its going in. Green is Green, as we've said. Butler will be interesting to watch; I think he might end up shooting 40% from three once he gets consistent minutes, especially with how that bench unit moves the ball.

Another thing I failed to mention will be the potential improvements of Leonard and Diaw from three. Leonard is always working on his game and his three-ball just may take another step forward as well. Diaw's outside shot looks better than it did last year as well. I think, provided the team remains relatively healthy and without the muderous stretch they had to endure with the schedule last year, the three point shooting will improve to where it was in 2014. On top of the nice talent increase, this team should be great going forward. Just sucks the rest of the top West teams improved so much as well.

That was largely driven by Belinelli shooting out of his mind (relatively speaking, so did Diaw) and playing more minutes than expected. They also had a level of ball movement that they're unlikely to reach again.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-03-2015, 07:18 PM
Dumbass. I'm from SA. No one knows who you are faggot. :lmao
Not you silly, the guy you quoted, no need to have a period

Robz4000
11-03-2015, 07:24 PM
That was largely driven by Belinelli shooting out of his mind (relatively speaking, so did Diaw) and playing more minutes than expected. They also had a level of ball movement that they're unlikely to reach again.

Well, closer to 2014 as opposed to last year. I actually think Diaw may reach that level of shooting again this year with the added rest he's prolly gonna get.

TD 21
11-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Well, closer to 2014 as opposed to last year. I actually think Diaw may reach that level of shooting again this year with the added rest he's prolly gonna get.

Is he, though? It took all of a game and a half to go down to, at best, a three and a half big rotation.

I never really bought the talk about Duncan getting more rest, since they need the things he's best at as much as ever, but I did think Diaw's role would be diminished. So far, it doesn't appear as though it will be.

Robz4000
11-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Is he, though? It took all of a game and a half to go down to, at best, a three and a half big rotation.

I never really bought the talk about Duncan getting more rest, since they need the things he's best at as much as ever, but I did think Diaw's role would be diminished. So far, it doesn't appear as though it will be.

Pop himself said Diaw will be getting games off alongside the Big 3. Maybe he saw West and changed his mind about that; hopefully he can regain his form before too long so Pop will feel comfortable resting players.

tholdren
11-03-2015, 08:10 PM
kl can't control pace. this is why sa can't win 4th q battles

TD 21
11-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Pop himself said Diaw will be getting games off alongside the Big 3. Maybe he saw West and changed his mind about that; hopefully he can regain his form before too long so Pop will feel comfortable resting players.

Yeah, maybe the odd one, but I'm talking in general.

Robz4000
11-03-2015, 08:37 PM
Yeah, maybe the odd one, but I'm talking in general.

Eh, I'm thinking once the bench finds their stride he'll get less minutes. It's been pretty lackluster outside Manu and occasionally Mills.

cd98
11-03-2015, 10:49 PM
3 point shooting is a major concern.

100%duncan
11-03-2015, 10:51 PM
Maybe because we're takign more mid range 2's (Kawhi, Tim, LMA) and 3's rather than just attacking the paint.

SAGirl
11-03-2015, 11:09 PM
REally??? When did he say that? That sounds fishy to me. Diaw has played 80 games or so two seasons in a row, plus a lot of playoff minutes. To me it seems Pop fears that without playing time Diaw will balloon in weight no joke.

cd98
11-03-2015, 11:34 PM
Maybe because we're takign more mid range 2's (Kawhi, Tim, LMA) and 3's rather than just attacking the paint.

Also, Beli's shots are going to less capable three point shooters, like Kawhi.

Clipper Nation
11-03-2015, 11:37 PM
Rique is too fat to flop anymore.

spurtech09
11-04-2015, 12:46 AM
agree Spurs need another shooter.....

YGWHI
11-04-2015, 12:15 PM
3 point shooting is a major concern.

Agree.

“If we’re not going to make as many 3s, we’d better make more 2s and try to equal teams like Golden State and Houston,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “We can’t emulate that, so we have to do it a different way. We don’t have that kind of shooting core right now, so the 2s better go down.”

“We don’t have as many shooters as we had before,” said Green, whose 191 3-pointers last season set a club record. “It’s just me and Patty (Mills), and Matt Bonner once in a while. You’ll see a lot of mid-range.”

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-close-out-preseason-with-6587811.php?t=6b1859cd0b927fc3fb&cmpid=twitter-premium