PDA

View Full Version : NFL Trade Deadline Thread

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-03-2015, 12:42 PM
- Billecheck says says phone line is open

- Pierre Thomas signs with 49ers

- Calvin Johnson not at practice or facility; trade rumors to NE and CAR have been reported before

- Vernon Davis to Broncos

- Chargers trying to trade their best safety Ward

- Cleveland Browns fire sale, want 2 first rounders for Joe Thomas

spurraider21
11-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Heard rumblings of Cushing to Oakland being a possibility but not a fan of that. Paid too much and he's damaged goods. Still an upgrade to Curtis Lofton, but no thanks

SuperCam
11-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Boldin :hungry:

Get it done G man

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Detroit news came out with this today.

With Raiders WR Amari Cooper (http://www.si.com/college-football/player/amari-cooper) excelling in his rookie season, Johnson would come into a situation in which he wouldn't be pressured to be the main man. He could take many more shorter throws, which is QB Derek Carr's preference and fitting for Johnson's skill set at this point in his career. Johnson can be a particularly exciting slot weapon, which also fits right in with what the Raiders like to do."And let's face it: the Lions (http://www.si.com/nfl/team/detroit-lions)—perhaps the NFL's most directionless team right now—will likely undergo a severe overhaul in the off-season that could involve a new head coach and general manager. Why not get as many draft picks as possible for the new regime, understand what you do and don't have at this point, and move on from the once-transcendent Megatron era? Johnson deserves to play with a legit contender, and the Raiders are definitely trending up. The Lions owe it to themselves to be honest about their immediate future—things have fallen apart, and expensive, aging receivers are luxuries rebuilding teams can't afford."
NFL.com's Connor Orr, like Schefter, says a trade to the Panthers would free Megatron (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000568020/article/six-trades-wed-like-to-see-happen).
"Megatron deserves a chance to live his golden football years on a young, defense-first football team that has a dynamic mobile quarterback with a cannon for an arm (which, Matt Stafford mostly does, but the team is 1-6). Let's all sign the Free Megatron petition and ensure that we all get one more year of fantasy riches and diving catches."
And last week, ESPN writer Greg Garber pegged Johnson to the undefeated New England Patriots for a second-rounder (http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/10/30/detroit-lions-calvin-johnson-patriots/74880672/), saying the trade "almost makes too much sense."
Is a second round pick reasonable compensation?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Boldin :hungry:

Get it done G man

I think it happens today bro.

SuperCam
11-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Detroit news came out with this today.

I saw something on the Huddle that said a trade could be done in such a way where Detroit would pay his bonuses and half his salary for a year... and a team could bring him in for something like a six million cap hit and be able to cut him and/or restructure the next year without taking a cap hit. Dunno if that's accurate, but it potentially opens the door for a one year rental. Not holding my breath though.

Fuck that shit if the Patriots get him, tbh :lol

spurraider21
11-03-2015, 01:02 PM
Doubt the Raiders make a play for calvin

JoeTait75
11-03-2015, 01:07 PM
- Cleveland Browns fire sale, want 2 first rounders for Joe Thomas

That'll never happen. I would take Denver's 1st-rounder and run with it.

HarlemHeat37
11-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Hope Joe Thomas gets traded, tbh..such a wasted career, and casual fans don't even know who he is, despite being one of the greatest of all-time at his position:lol..

JoeTait75
11-03-2015, 01:25 PM
Hope Joe Thomas gets traded, tbh..such a wasted career, and casual fans don't even know who he is, despite being one of the greatest of all-time at his position:lol..

I agree, actually. Give the guy a chance to play for a winner before he retires. Besides, the Browns can go 4-12 without JT just as easily as they can with him.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Panthers coach Ron Rivera thought about wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. on the way to the stadium today. Said Ginn reminds him of former Chicago Bears teammate Willie Gault. He said this while side-stepping whether Carolina would look to trade for a wide receiver before the trade deadline ends today.

Holden_Caulfield
11-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Willie young come to Jacksonville

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Patriots in serious negotiations to pick up AFC South's best CB Jason McCourtey.

The Patriots have had difficulties with their secondary, and pairing Jason with his twin Devin would make for a fun and shutdown DB lineup.

SuperCam
11-03-2015, 03:06 PM

At least the Patriots aren't getting him, tbh :lol

spurraider21
11-03-2015, 04:09 PM
:lmao broncos tried to trade for Joe Thomas but didn't get paperwork done in time
:lmao dumervil 2.0

chunticakes
11-03-2015, 04:18 PM
:lmao broncos tried to trade for Joe Thomas but didn't get paperwork done in time

I saw that. They were gonna give up a 1st and 2nd round pick next year. Can you imagine how Joe Staley must feel? Getting his hopes up only to find out he's staying in shithole Cleveland :lol

JoeTait75
11-03-2015, 04:42 PM
Sweet, now I get to watch JT block impeccably for horrible skill position players for the next few years.

SanAntonioSpurs23
11-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Vontae Davis>>>>>>McCourtey

Mal
11-04-2015, 07:21 AM

That true ? I read that Cleveland wanted too much for 31 years old LT with huge milage

johnsmith
11-04-2015, 10:59 AM

That's not the story that's out there now. Now it's that Cleveland upped the deal and Denver said no.

7-0

td4mvp2k
11-04-2015, 12:18 PM
That true ? I read that Cleveland wanted too much for 31 years old LT with huge milage

no way you give two 1st rd picks for him tbh

spurraider21
11-04-2015, 12:27 PM
That's not the story that's out there now. Now it's that Cleveland upped the deal and Denver said no.

7-0
yeah the story has changed. yesterday at the deadline there were reports a deal was basically done and they were trying to push the paperwork through at the deadline, then this new report came out that cleveland upped the price

Mal
11-04-2015, 02:33 PM
no way you give two 1st rd picks for him tbh

Of course not, 1st and 2nd was bargain for Denver, but they on win now mode, so could do it.