LMA: 23.8%usg, 42.1% eFG, 0.94ppp

Stats when MVParker is off the court:

Kiwi: 35.4%usg, 46.4% eFG, 1.04ppp, 0% 3PFG

Tim: 11.6%usg, 25.0% eFG, 0.85ppp

Danny: 14.6%usg, 23.1% eFG, 0.58ppp

LMA: 25.3%usg, 50% eFG, 1.23ppp

----

Whoa, MVParker making his whole team better once again :wow

Good on LMA for stepping up as a true team alpha to carry the burden when Tony is on the bench :tu

Brazil
11-03-2015, 02:57 PM
quite impressive tbh...

where did you get these stats ? bbreference ?

SuperCam
11-03-2015, 03:00 PM
quite impressive tbh...

where did you get these stats ? bbreference ?
http://nbawowy.com

Not everyone is making their teammates better, tbh. I don't want player fans to ruin this thread so I won't mention him by name, but there's a certain chucker whose teammate are much more efficient with him off the court...

K...
11-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Hopefully he stays healthy. The drop off in pg is just terrible. I thought Ray could be better then cojo, and he still may be later this year, but so far he's been disappointing.

TheGreatYacht
11-03-2015, 03:11 PM

Not everyone is making their teammates better, tbh. I don't want player fans to ruin this thread so I won't mention him by name, but there's a certain chucker whose teammate are much more efficient with him off the court...
It can't be Kawhi, can it? Heard he was a great passer not too long ago.

Also, :tu to Timmy who is always looking for his teammates. Top 5 of all time :worthy:

Brazil
11-03-2015, 03:22 PM

thanks tbh..

I did not know this site, interesting

to be fair sample size is small obviously, it will probably be more interesting when sample will be larger

will_spurs
11-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Nice stats. Would be nice to see a full team breakdown, at least the major lineups.

Interesting to see how much better Tim is when playing with Parker. I guess there's no overestimating the effects of years spent playing together.

Please post an update as games go by...

SAGirl
11-03-2015, 03:28 PM
Hopefully he stays healthy. The drop off in pg is just terrible. I thought Ray could be better then cojo, and he still may be later this year, but so far he's been disappointing.
He's played very little, but what he's shown is that he has less court vision than CoJo, if that is even possible.
I do like him paired with Anderson bc they compliment each other, Anderson is a passer who may suffer from the Diaw/unaggressive syndrome but is keen to set others up, and also move off the ball to bail them out if they are stuck. Ray has a scoring mentality, if he gets stuck he's in trouble, but will be able to finish if others set him up, and has so far been very active on defense.
I don't think he's a good fit for the starting lineup at all, and Pop apparently is of the same mind. In preseason, when Tony was rested, he played Patty with the starters and Ray in the bench. The bench already has enough passing that Ray fits in. The starters have a lot of iso and really need playmaking from the PG which is not Ray's forte.
Still a long season. I do look forward to seeing Ray play some more TBH.

RD2191
11-03-2015, 03:37 PM
:lolthe faggots in this thread.

Kool Bob Love
11-03-2015, 04:14 PM
:lolthe faggots in this thread.

You're in this thread dumbass.

Kool Bob Love
11-03-2015, 04:15 PM
MVPARKER :worthy: Us Spurs fans should be honor having him on the team for another 3 years. Only gonna get better.

Brazil
11-03-2015, 04:19 PM
I don't know what to say so I throw some random racial, homophobic slurs like faggots out there and I add some cute :lol or :lmao or lmao in each and every thread.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-03-2015, 04:24 PM
MVPARKER :worthy: Us Spurs fans should be honor having him on the team for another 3 years. Only gonna get better.
I just wish he could have taken less money because he's still very serviceable but he's really only worth about 8-9 million a year. We could have brought in another quality FA

dabom
11-03-2015, 04:33 PM
Where is the defense analysis?

SpursforSix
11-03-2015, 04:34 PM

no defense to analyze

11-03-2015, 04:37 PM
I just wish he could have taken less money because he's still very serviceable but he's really only worth about 8-9 million a year. We could have brought in another quality FA
We just had our best offseason ever :lol

Mr Bones
11-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Quote Originally Posted by player fan krew member
I don't know what to say so I throw some random racial, homophobic slurs like faggots out there and I add some cute :lolor :lmaoor lmao in each and every thread.

Perfect.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-03-2015, 05:22 PM
We just had our best offseason ever :lol
So did the Miami Dolphins.

AFMadison
11-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Tony and Manu both look better than last season. Hopefully DG can step up.

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Stats when MVParker is on the court:

Kiwi: 27.4%usg, 53.4% eFG, 1.14ppp

Tim: 20.8%usg, 50.0% eFG, 1.04ppp

Danny: 13.8%usg, 38.9% eFG, 0.61ppp

----

Good on LMA for stepping up as a true team alpha to carry the burden when Tony is on the bench :tu

Idiot, it's not a 2-on-2 game, you have to list the entire 5 man lineup not to mention the defensive numbers are listed thus the net rating can't be calculated. Enes Kanter might be an MVP candidate if net rating didn't matter.

SupremeGuy
11-03-2015, 05:50 PM

no defense to analyze:lol

RD2191
11-03-2015, 05:53 PM
:lol

Lmao. Shut it down.

dabom
11-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Lmao. Shut it down.

:lmao

tonight...you
11-03-2015, 06:20 PM
It can't be Kawhi, can it? Heard he was a great passer not too long ago.

Also, :tu to Timmy who is always looking for his teammates. Top 5 of all time :worthy:
Right now Tim looks so "above the fray", it's silly.
I know he's still trying to find his niche with Aldridge and Kawhi taking over, but you'd never know it.
He's playing in Matrix Bullet Speed sometimes with his decision making, no matter who is on the floor.
Oops' to Leonard, quick flips to West at the rim, Manu-like prognostication (without the terrible TO's from time to time) on his passes to the cut man...
Gorgeous stuff. He's the smartest man on the court almost at all times.

K...
11-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Idiot, it's not a 2-on-2 game, you have to list the entire 5 man lineup not to mention the defensive numbers are listed thus the net rating can't be calculated. Enes Kanter might be an MVP candidate if net rating didn't matter.

I don't get your point. The two players not listed from the starting line-up are Parker and green. ?

K...
11-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Lmao. Shut it down.

Rather than that, produce the defense stats. I bet they aren't as great add you think because the opportunity cost of Parker is mills who isn't a defensive stopper. You also don't anchor your defense around a pg

tonight...you
11-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Good question. It appears like the starters perform some dominant D, even while covering for Parker.
It appears like the 2nd string (without Parker and with Mills) is more of a sieve.

I'd like to see numbers either corroborating thus, or setting us straight on what's going on.
Good point man.

TheGreatYacht
11-03-2015, 06:34 PM
The defense receives more assists from Kawhi than his actual teammates do.

Got you fam. :tu

DeRozan m8
11-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Too bad stats don't show us he lost us the first game tbh

Dion Waiters of all people LMAO

K...
11-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Standard crew argument ,"Parker needs to defer more, progoni!??"

So Parker does, and then "why can't Parker be like kawhi on defense???????"

K...
11-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Too bad stats don't show us he lost us the first game tbh

Dion Waiters of all people LMAO

Cute

steeledl
11-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Parker is a great player and makes our offense go. It becomes really stagnant without him as we really don't have another guy who puts pressure on the defense the way he does.

hater
11-03-2015, 06:46 PM
Going From Parker to Mills as the game progresses resembles going from a BMW to a Hyunday

steeledl
11-03-2015, 07:01 PM
Going From Parker to Mills as the game progresses resembles going from a BMW to a Hyunday

TheGreatYacht
11-03-2015, 07:18 PM
Parker is a great player and makes our offense go. It becomes really stagnant without him as we really don't have another guy who puts pressure on the defense the way he does.

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2015, 07:33 PM
I don't get your point. The two players not listed from the starting line-up are Parker and green. ?

Kawhi w/ & w/o Tony isn't on the floor w/ the same exact 3 players besides Tony himself. So for every so called on/off you have to control for the 3 other players on the floor (they have to be the same EXACT 3 players when Tony is on/off) otherwise it's comparing apples to oranges. In any case, Tony is a NET negative so far this season.

K...
11-03-2015, 08:22 PM
Kawhi w/ & w/o Tony isn't on the floor w/ the same exact 3 players besides Tony himself. So for every so called on/off you have to control for the 3 other players on the floor (they have to be the same EXACT 3 players when Tony is on/off) otherwise it's comparing apples to oranges. In any case, Tony is a NET negative so far this season.

But wouldn't the pg be the most important player in on off?

I get that the stat is incomplete, but the stat plus watching the games generally corroborate that Parker is bring a positive. The record supports the conclusion too. Calling the stat unpersuasive is fine, but come back with evidence and not player fan bias

Dex
11-03-2015, 09:06 PM

:lmao

TheGreatYacht
11-03-2015, 09:11 PM
:rollin

Purch
11-03-2015, 09:16 PM
if porker is making kawhis team good with lesser role hero balling

explain why his APG is very low?

and dont give me that shit he makes the pass that makes the extra pass

Actually Parker averges quite a few secondary assist. You can check this out on nba.com they track all those stats

dabom
11-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Actually Parker averges 3+ Hockey assist per game... All these stats are out there.

Now compare them to the whole team then add position for context. What do you see? Post links please.

ChumpDumper
11-03-2015, 09:22 PM
Krew still furious that the offense is moving away from Parker.

TheGreatYacht
11-03-2015, 09:26 PM
why dont OP post the stats enrique gets shitted on...
why don't you post on your main bih...

K...
11-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Now compare them to the whole team then add position for context. What do you see? Post links please.

Do my work for me peon. Aren't engineers great with data and stuff? Lol, that's right, this is the dabom who couldn't change his avatar on this forum for months.

Ditty
11-04-2015, 12:22 AM
He looks like more of a pass first point guard this season which I like to see tbh. If the offense keeps putting up points I think he will keep embracing his role. If guys are struggling then we could see some "Enrique" like at times against Boston and New York when the offense got stagnant. Thankfully for him and the team he knocked down some shots and got to the basket when the plays were ran for him. His defense is what worries me about him though, and Patty hasn't been much better on defense either this season fwiw. Hopefully that will get better for both of them going forward especially Parker in certain matchups.

FkLA
11-04-2015, 12:41 AM
He must be creating great looks for them. Oh wait he only averages a whopping 2.7 apg good for 28th among all starting PGs.

He's probably spacing the floor really well for them. Oh he has a whopping 0 3PTers made this year? Nevermind then.

dabom
11-04-2015, 12:43 AM
He must be creating great looks for them. Oh wait he only averages a whopping 2.7 apg good for 28th among all starting PGs.

He's probably spacing the floor really well for them. Oh he has a whopping 0 3PTers made this year? Nevermind then.

Hockey assists.

dabom

Rebounds

dabom

Defense

Clipper Nation
11-04-2015, 02:07 AM

Kawhitstorm
11-04-2015, 03:00 AM
But wouldn't the pg be the most important player in on off?

I get that the stat is incomplete, but the stat plus watching the games generally corroborate that Parker is bring a positive. The record supports the conclusion too. Calling the stat unpersuasive is fine, but come back with evidence and not player fan bias

Tony got murdered when he had to play against an All-NBA guard & was being hidden on Dion Waiters. Jarret Jack/Calderon are nothing more than traffic cones & he got shut down by Marcus Smart/Avery Bradley.

11-04-2015, 06:23 AM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-04-2015/YjG5fW.giflol kawhi settings picks for the other team

YGWHI
11-04-2015, 09:52 AM
I don't buy all the Parker's defense hysteria tbh. But what I really hate is how Pop's reacting to his bad defense.

Teams have the plan of attack Parker as our defensive liability so just let them do it. I rather to see scrubs beating Parker instead of have to watch Kawhi letting his man, who is the opposing biggest offensive threat, open because of Pop wants Kawhi to cover Parker's man too

YGWHI
11-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Pop trusts in Kawhi's ability to recover to his own man but it won't work in all games with his "extra" defensive assignmet.

YGWHI
11-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Anyway, it's interesting that Parker said it's LaWhi team now but LMA/Kawhi's USG % both dropped dramatically when he's on the court.

Diego20
11-04-2015, 10:12 AM

K...
11-04-2015, 11:46 AM
I don't buy all the Parker's defense hysteria tbh. But what I really hate is how Pop's reacting to his bad defense.

Teams have the plan of attack Parker as our defensive liability so just let them do it. I rather to see scrubs beating Parker instead of have to watch Kawhi letting his man, who is the opposing biggest offensive threat, open because of Pop wants Kawhi to cover Parker's man too

Which teams does this apply to? Okc? Sure that's the best offensive combo in the league. How many teams have elite sf scorers tbh?

K...
11-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Anyway, it's interesting that Parker said it's LaWhi team now but LMA/Kawhi's USG % both dropped dramatically when he's on the court.

Post the numbers if you're arguing it's "dramatic"

Lol on basketball being drama

K...
11-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Stats when MVParker is on the court:

Kiwi: 27.4%usg, 53.4% eFG, 1.14ppp

Tim: 20.8%usg, 50.0% eFG, 1.04ppp

Danny: 13.8%usg, 38.9% eFG, 0.61ppp

----

Here you go. Is Duncan not getting touches more dramatic? So maybe Duncan's shot attempts are ruining the team? What a stat padder

What this says to me, is that kawhi and la Marcus play more minutes than Parker and Duncan, and when Parker and Duncan sit, kawhi and Aldridge shoot more.

RD2191
11-04-2015, 12:05 PM

Lol. FKLA nuking this faggot thread.

YGWHI
11-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Which teams does this apply to? Okc? Sure that's the best offensive combo in the league. How many teams have elite sf scorers tbh?

This applies to all teams the Spurs play.

Kawhi's man doesn't have to be a SF...If he's guarding Klay but also cover Parker's man, Thompson easily can get wide open looks. That's why I hate this strategy.

YGWHI
11-04-2015, 12:37 PM
So maybe Duncan's shot attempts are ruining the team?
No. Since Duncan isn't a point guard who has to distribute the ball.

And when Parker and Duncan sit, Kawhi and Aldridge shoot more.
That's exactly what I said. Aldridge and Kawhi shot less when Parker is on court.

That's why it's interesting since Parker said those two guys are the main scorers on the team.

YGWHI
11-04-2015, 12:42 PM
And this is not on Parker.

It's about how Pop is dealing with his defense. I don't like it. That's all.

K...
11-04-2015, 12:54 PM
And this is not on Parker.

It's about how Pop is dealing with his defense. I don't like it. That's all.

Well no offense but this is mainly a thread about offense, so there should probably be another discussion about defending the perimeter..also, don't you fuckers forget my boy Danny. Y'all always forget the other part of wing stop.

K...
11-04-2015, 12:56 PM
No. Since Duncan isn't a point guard who has to distribute the ball.

That's exactly what I said. Aldridge and Kawhi shot less when Parker is on court.

That's why it's interesting since Parker said those two guys are the main scorers on the team.

But do you see how Duncan's numbers go down. So basically isn't the whole story that Parker is distributing the ball pretty evenly? I mean that Duncan guy is pretty good on offense too,, he should get shots.

Leetonidas
11-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Parker has been solid so far. Hasn't really forced anything and has picked his spots. If he can play like he has Spurs will be tough to beat.

YGWHI
11-04-2015, 01:08 PM
Well no offense but this is mainly a thread about offense.
I'm talking about this because a guy posted a gif where Kawhi let his man to cover Parker man...

Also you're free to stop replying comments "not related" with this thread.

also, don't you fuckers forget my boy Danny. Y'all always forget the other part of wing stop.
Who? I never forget Danny. But if not only Kawhi, and also Danny, both, have to cover Parker's man, I'll hate his tactic a lot more.

YGWHI
11-04-2015, 01:13 PM
But do you see how Duncan's numbers go down. So basically isn't the whole story that Parker is distributing the ball pretty evenly?
No. It was evident after LMA sign that adding a player to play prime Duncan role, Tim would have less shots, this nothing has to do with Parker.