PDA

View Full Version : Washington Wizards preview

JeffDuncan
11-03-2015, 03:41 PM
A thread for anything anybody wants to say about the Washington Wizards before the game manana.

The Wizards are 2-1. They beat the Magic and Bucks, and lost to the Knicks. Faggots.

Below is the roster currently listed on their official website.

Alan Anderson, Forward-Guard

Bradley Beal, Guard

DeJuan Blair, Center-Forward

Jared Dudley, Guard-Forward

Drew Gooden, Forward

Marcin Gortat, Center

Kris Humphries, Forward

Gary Neal, Guard

Nene, Forward-Center

Kelly Oubre, Forward

Otto Porter, Forward

Ramon Sessions, Guard

Garrett Temple, Guard

John Wall, Guard

Martell Webster, Forward-Guard

Head Coach, Randy Wittman

TXstbobcat
11-03-2015, 03:44 PM
Get a chance to Neal and the Grizzly Blair play against their old team.

RD2191
11-03-2015, 03:45 PM
Get a chance to Neal and the Grizzly Blair play against their old team.

What?

DJR210
11-03-2015, 03:46 PM
God damn were basically going up against our All Reject team

TXstbobcat
11-03-2015, 03:46 PM
What?

Blair and Neal former Spurs.

TXstbobcat
11-03-2015, 03:47 PM

I do remember Garrett Temple playing for the Spurs a while back.

DJR210
11-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Don't forget Gooden bruh

ceperez
11-03-2015, 03:51 PM

Yup, there are 4 former Spurs playing for the Wizards.

Incidentally, when the Pistons won the championship, all 5 starters were former Washington Wizards/Bullets players!!

Robz4000
11-03-2015, 03:52 PM
Wizards have looked pretty terrible outside Wall and Beal. Should be easier than the Knicks and Celtics, but knowing how former Spurs players play against them Neal, Blair, Temple, and Gooden may combine for 100pts/40rbds/25asts/15blks/15stls/1loss.

TXstbobcat
11-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Don't forget Gooden bruh

My bad. Good catch.

DJR210
11-03-2015, 03:55 PM
Wizards with more corporate knowledge than the current Spurs roster..

I. Hustle
11-03-2015, 04:13 PM

Incidentally, when the Pistons won the championship, all 5 starters were former Washington Wizards/Bullets players!!

I had always hoped that we kept Temple. I liked that guy

k_nguyen93
11-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Spurs fan here that lives right outside Washington DC. My first and only live NBA game was when the Spurs won in 2OT two years ago. I don't know if this is the case in any other arena but honestly half the crowd were Spurs supporters. It was to the point that people would boo John Wall when he was at the free throw line. Go Spurs Go chants broke out quite often as well. I didn't attend the game in DC last season but I heard Bill and Sean mention during last night's game that the same thing pretty much happened last year when the Wizards beat the Spurs for the first time since 2005. The Wizards sorely miss Pierce and Butler this year in my opinion. Porter isn't the bust he was during his rookie season but he's still learning. Wall and Beal are studs but we have the two perfect defenders to put on them in Leonard and Green.

BillMc
11-03-2015, 05:04 PM
:lol

Hope they sign Jimmer before tomorrow's tipoff.

BillMc
11-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Spurs fan here that lives right outside Washington DC. My first and only live NBA game was when the Spurs won in 2OT two years ago. I don't know if this is the case in any other arena but honestly half the crowd were Spurs supporters. It was to the point that people would boo John Wall when he was at the free throw line. Go Spurs Go chants broke out quite often as well. I didn't attend the game in DC last season but I heard Bill and Sean mention during last night's game that the same thing pretty much happened last year when the Wizards beat the Spurs for the first time since 2005. The Wizards sorely miss Pierce and Butler this year in my opinion. Porter isn't the bust he was during his rookie season but he's still learning. Wall and Beal are studs but we have the two perfect defenders to put on them in Leonard and Green.
:toast

Believe it or not, I think we'll have an easier time with the Wizards than we just did with the Knicks.

BillMc
11-03-2015, 05:07 PM

By all accounts Gooden was incapable of absorbing ANY corporate knowledge. That was part of the problem.. :lol

TXstbobcat
11-03-2015, 05:13 PM

Are you going to the game there tomorow night?

DJR210
11-03-2015, 05:20 PM
By all accounts Gooden was incapable of absorbing ANY corporate knowledge. That was part of the problem.. :lol

Yeah, it was that fucking rat tail blocking the knowledge

k_nguyen93
11-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Are you going to the game there tomorow night?
Yes I am! I go to school in Richmond but I'm driving up for the night to take my dad since his birthday is next week. Zach Lowe was always promoting SeatGeek on his podcast and I finally checked them out and got a $20 rebate. Got Section 228 tickets in row A. Excited to see LMA plus lots of old Spurs players with the Wizards this year. This should be the view except right down at the bottom by the wall.
https://chairnerd.global.ssl.fastly.net/images/seatview/181/nba/nba/48c801/228/640/verizon-center-section-228-view.jpg

TXstbobcat
11-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Yes I am! I go to school in Richmond but I'm driving up for the night to take my dad since his birthday is next week. Zach Lowe was always promoting SeatGeek on his podcast and I finally checked them out and got a $20 rebate. Got Section 228 tickets in row A. Excited to see LMA plus lots of old Spurs players with the Wizards this year. This should be the view except right down at the bottom by the wall.
https://chairnerd.global.ssl.fastly.net/images/seatview/181/nba/nba/48c801/228/640/verizon-center-section-228-view.jpg

Thats great! Have a great time at the game tomorow and cheer loud for the spurs!

SAGirl
11-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Should be an interesting game. As bad as the Wizards have looked, Wall and Beal can run circles around Tony/Patty and maybe Manu too. It is a mistake to take opponents for granted. Even so, I expect a win, Otto Porter wants no part of Kawhi Leonard. Should be another great game for Kawhi.

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2015, 05:41 PM
Should be an interesting game. As bad as the Wizards have looked, Wall and Beal can run circles around Tony/Patty and maybe Manu too. It is a mistake to take opponents for granted. Even so, I expect a win, Otto Porter wants no part of Kawhi Leonard. Should be another great game for Kawhi.

Hey gurrrrrrlllll, I had a dream about you last night:eyebrows............in any case the issue is going to be that Pop can't hide Porker on defense since Otto is no longer a liability on offense. Danny/Kawhi are going to be working OT against Wall/Beal.

k_nguyen93
11-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Hey gurrrrrrlllll, I had a dream about you last night:eyebrows............in any case the issue is going to be that Pop can't hide Porker on defense since Otto is no longer a liability on offense. Danny/Kawhi are going to be working OT against Wall/Beal.
LMA and Duncan should be an advantage over Gortat and Humphries. I'd expect West and Diaw to play pretty well too.

Splits
11-03-2015, 06:17 PM

I was at that double-OT game as well. It has always been like that at Wizards games, where half the fans are in Spurs gear and GSG chants break out. It's funny, every year after the game someone who watched on TV will start a thread asking if it was just them that noticed it :lol. I'll try to find and bump some of those.

I'll also be there tomorrow :bobo

tonight...you
11-03-2015, 06:23 PM
What?
I read that post three times and I'm going to say: I think he (or she, I don't know...) was making a vague reference to bestiality and the benefits of an open mind, but I just don't get it.

hater
11-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Didn't Blair act like an ass vs us when he was with the Mavs??

Fuck that fat bastard

Obstructed_View
11-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Watch for Blair to have the game of the season against the Spurs, which is basically why he's no longer a Spur. Pop doesn't like guys who play for themselves.

silverblackfan
11-03-2015, 06:57 PM

:lmao Neal, Blair, Temple, Gooden. Hell of a lot of ex-Spurs knowledge there, which didn't really get absorbed and might confuse even better now.

CGD
11-03-2015, 07:06 PM
Wife and I will be there!

Traditionally many spurs fans go to this game, which is pretty neat actually. That's DC sports though given the transient nature of this town.

RD2191
11-03-2015, 07:06 PM
I read that post three times and I'm going to say: I think he (or she, I don't know...) was making a vague reference to bestiality and the benefits of an open mind, but I just don't get it.

:lol

Mikeanaro
11-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Didn't Blair act like an ass vs us when he was with the Mavs??

Fuck that fat bastard
:cry he kicked the golden god in the head.

k_nguyen93
11-03-2015, 07:12 PM
I was at that double-OT game as well. It has always been like that at Wizards games, where half the fans are in Spurs gear and GSG chants break out. It's funny, every year after the game someone who watched on TV will start a thread asking if it was just them that noticed it :lol. I'll try to find and bump some of those.

I'll also be there tomorrow :bobo
Would you say Verizon Center has the biggest contingent of Spurs fans on the road? I wonder how this came to be. If I were to guess, a lot of military people are Spurs fans. From Pop/Holt/Robinson ties or maybe they were based in San Antonio. Maybe on a lesser scale, there is a sizable Hispanic community in Northern Virginia as well.

hater
11-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Mostly lots of international ppl in DC area. It's not just Mexicans like in Texas or Cali. Not just Puerto Ricans like in Ny. And not just Cubans like in FL. There's a nice mix of all sorts of Latin internationals and those guys along with other internationals, love the Spurs. Argentines lots of Argentines attend the game as well.

Splits
11-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Would you say Verizon Center has the biggest contingent of Spurs fans on the road? I wonder how this came to be. If I were to guess, a lot of military people are Spurs fans. From Pop/Holt/Robinson ties or maybe they were based in San Antonio. Maybe on a lesser scale, there is a sizable Hispanic community in Northern Virginia as well.

not so sure this is unique to the Spurs. DC is a transient city, the people who can afford tickets mostly didn't grow up here. I have tickets to the Bucks, Lakers, Heat, Knicks, and Sixers at Verizon this year so I'll know better after I go to a few of those games.

k_nguyen93
11-03-2015, 07:47 PM
not so sure this is unique to the Spurs. DC is a transient city, the people who can afford tickets mostly didn't grow up here. I have tickets to the Bucks, Lakers, Heat, Knicks, and Sixers at Verizon this year so I'll know better after I go to a few of those games.
DC being a transient city makes sense to me. I'm just curious specifically to the Spurs if Verizon Center is the best road "home advantage."

TD 21
11-03-2015, 07:52 PM
This will be a good test. The way they look right now, this team isn't ready to beat the elite teams and they're only beating the mediocre - bad ones based on their talent. The Wizards fall somewhere in the middle, which means they'll probably have to actually play fairly well to win.

Hopefully Pop does what he should have done against the Thunder: Use common sense. In this case, that means having Green guard Wall, Leonard guard Beal and Parker guard Porter.

SAGirl
11-03-2015, 07:57 PM
This will be a good test. The way they look right now, this team isn't ready to beat the elite teams and they're only beating the mediocre - bad ones based on their talent. The Wizards fall somewhere in the middle, which means they'll probably have to actually play fairly well to win.

Hopefully Pop does what he should have done against the Thunder: Use common sense. In this case, that means having Green guard Wall, Leonard guard Beal and Parker guard Porter.
I doubt he will do that, since Porter is no longer a non entity... but maybe Pop can put him on the spot and force him to make plays. He was terrific in the playoffs though, and it could backfire badly. It should be interesting to see nonetheless.

Brian Windhorst
11-03-2015, 07:59 PM
:lol Blair
:lol 4 MPG
:lol 2 DNPs
:lol -35.6 PER

benefactor
11-03-2015, 07:59 PM
Wizards are just holding serve. They'll take the next step when Durant signs next summer.

Spur|n|Austin
11-03-2015, 08:06 PM

Whataburger corporate knowledge

spursgu
11-03-2015, 08:08 PM
It would be cool to see Neal again. The other former Spurs are scrubs.

Rummpd
11-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Going to game as live near DC - my son bought us pretty good tickets. Should be great game, Wall is a stud and Wizards deep and talented.............

tholdren
11-03-2015, 08:17 PM
better than mcdyess

in2deep
11-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Wizards are just holding serve. They'll take the next step when Durant signs next summer.

Wizards are a crap franchise. Even if they get him. They'll find a way to fuck it up.

I'll be at the game section 112

TD 21
11-03-2015, 08:25 PM
I doubt he will do that, since Porter is no longer a non entity... but maybe Pop can put him on the spot and force him to make plays. He was terrific in the playoffs though, and it could backfire badly. It should be interesting to see nonetheless.

He's still rail thin and a non post up threat. If they want to consume themselves with milking that though, fine. The Spurs can dig down or, if necessary, altogether double, by helping off of either Wall or Humphries and making them make threes.

ceperez
11-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Yeah, Spurs fans definitely take over the Verizon center. Been there the last 3 years. The double overtime game of course was the memorable one.

Will likely skip this year, didn't get my ticket in time.

SAGirl
11-03-2015, 08:38 PM
He's still rail thin and a non post up threat. If they want to consume themselves with milking that though, fine. The Spurs can dig down or, if necessary, altogether double, by helping off of either Wall or Humphries and making them make threes.
We saw OKC beat us with Dion Waiters being defended by Tony. There could be nights where that is our posion. You are right it will put coach Wittman and Porter on the spot, but it could also make for a career night for Porter TBH.

dabom
11-03-2015, 09:35 PM
Wizards lose by 20 plus. :lmao

TXstbobcat
11-03-2015, 09:38 PM
Going to game as live near DC - my son bought us pretty good tickets. Should be great game, Wall is a stud and Wizards deep and talented.............

Have a great time at the game!

DJR210
11-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Whataburger corporate knowledge

Blair hand crafted 8 of the 16 available burger choices on the current menu

Spurtacular
11-03-2015, 10:17 PM

A rare fun fact on ST.

Roger Freemason Jr.
11-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Wizards have good size, which could give the Spurs trouble. I hope Pop doesn't play too much with this game, and jumps for the jugular. Do not let Parker guard Wall for longer than a quarter, let Green handle Beal (even if he's hot), and Kawhi can focus more on getting buckets while defending Porter. Aldridge should eat, Duncan too, seems like Gortat and Nene bite on every fake. Bench battle should be heavily in our favor. Clog the paint, force Wall to shoot jumpers, deny Beal the ball, and watch the pick and Pop. This is the most challenging matchup until MEM, and that isn't saying much.

100%duncan
11-03-2015, 10:52 PM
We should win.

look_at_g_shred
11-03-2015, 11:36 PM
if enrique cant defend that pos gary, then he might as well not suit up that night

put green on beal

put kawhi on wall...need to shut this clown down real good, just another pos on kawhis shut down list
Shut up faggot. You always have to open your mouth you fucking attention whore.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-03-2015, 11:49 PM
Pretty sure the court doesn't look like that anymore, bro. They changed back to Bullets red/white/navy format a few years ago, though I liked the intermediate slate blue one (the one in the pic above) better.

k_nguyen93
11-04-2015, 12:05 AM
Pretty sure the court doesn't look like that anymore, bro. They changed back to Bullets red/white/navy format a few years ago, though I liked the intermediate slate blue one (the one in the pic above) better.
I know. That's the just the image website gave me for the view from my seats.

txstr1986
11-04-2015, 04:17 PM

Tight man. I also live in DC and go every time the Spurs are in town. Tonight I'll be in section 227 - row A. Like you said, there's usually a huge Spurs contingent, but last year's game was more of a home game for the Wiz than previous years. I guess because they're finally a decent team. And John Wall is a beast.

txstr1986
11-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Mostly lots of international ppl in DC area. It's not just Mexicans like in Texas or Cali. Not just Puerto Ricans like in Ny. And not just Cubans like in FL. There's a nice mix of all sorts of Latin internationals and those guys along with other internationals, love the Spurs. Argentines lots of Argentines attend the game as well.

Also, a lot of Naval Academy grads live in the area - so you get a lot of folks who are Spurs fans because of Robinson.

TD 21
11-04-2015, 06:04 PM
We saw OKC beat us with Dion Waiters being defended by Tony. There could be nights where that is our posion. You are right it will put coach Wittman and Porter on the spot, but it could also make for a career night for Porter TBH.

Waiters can create his own shot though. Porter is a spot up shooter/cutter. He's the exact type Parker needs to be hid on. If the Spurs lose in large part because of that, so be it. It beats having Parker attempt to guard Wall.

DarrinS
11-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Drew Gooden still around? Geez.

Rummpd
11-04-2015, 08:01 PM
better than mcdyess

Have a great time at the game!

Rummpd
11-04-2015, 08:02 PM
In a Suite at game life is nice and Spurs ahead at half

ElNono
11-04-2015, 08:03 PM

Enjoy!

TXstbobcat
11-04-2015, 08:28 PM

A suite. That is cool. Life is good!!

hooperflash
11-29-2015, 04:42 AM
Joseph with the revenge goods for that dumb loss we had earlier this season. Hits a three to help his Raptors defeat the Wizards.

hooperflash
11-29-2015, 05:06 AM
http://youtu.be/RGpkg9m-P3g

http://youtu.be/bSGOhxnyCas

spursistan
11-29-2015, 09:42 AM
bullshit loss to a shitty team, tbh...We should have been 15-2..