PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 College Football Playoff Committee Rankings Thread

Silver&Black
11-03-2015, 03:50 PM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Screen-shot-2014-04-05-at-10.31.28-AM.png

The first official college football rankings come out tonight. Can be seen on ESPN at 6 p.m. CST.

Who you got in your top 4 right now?

Silver&Black
11-03-2015, 04:01 PM
My top 4:

1. Ohio State
2. Baylor
3. LSU
4. Clemson

I think both Michigan St. and TCU have a legitimate chance of making the top four. I don't think it'll happen, but a lot of people think that Baylor will be left off because of their schedule and "QB situation" right now. Remember, the committee didn't penalize Ohio St. last year when their QB went down. Just saying...........

Blake
11-03-2015, 04:06 PM
If Baylor or TCU goes undefeated, they're in.

Silver&Black
11-03-2015, 04:19 PM
If Baylor or TCU goes undefeated, they're in.

No doubt. But (as you already know) one of them will not go undefeated. I think TCU has the better chance going forward tbqh....only because of the injury to Russell.

Blake
11-03-2015, 04:23 PM
No doubt. But (as you already know) one of them will not go undefeated. I think TCU has the better chance going forward tbqh....only because of the injury to Russell.

I think the injuries on TCU's defense is a bigger factor going forward than the injury to Russell.

Silver&Black
11-03-2015, 04:31 PM
I think the injuries on TCU's defense is a bigger factor going forward than the injury to Russell.

It'll all come down to the TCU vs. Baylor game. I think TCU will be able to score points (and a lot of them) against Baylor. Just don't see Baylor matching their score in a "shootout" type game...

But, right now/for tonight.......I got Baylor in the top 4.

Avante
11-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Ohio State
Clemson
LSU
Alabama

Blake
11-03-2015, 05:24 PM
It'll all come down to the TCU vs. Baylor game. I think TCU will be able to score points (and a lot of them) against Baylor. Just don't see Baylor matching their score in a "shootout" type game...

But, right now/for tonight.......I got Baylor in the top 4.

Freshmen are able to step in and perform right away in spread offenses these days, ie Winston, Johnny ff, Mariota... Stidham is a five star recruit.....he's looked decent in junk time, I think Baylor can hang 50 on TCU just like Tech did.

Blake
11-03-2015, 05:38 PM

Lol trolled

Can't blame him for changing his mind with Mahomes only being a sophomore this year.

spankadelphia
11-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Rankings don't mean shit right now. Lots of football left to be played.

Silver&Black
11-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Ohio State
Clemson
LSU
Alabama

Nailed it...

Silver&Black
11-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Clemson being #1 was a shocker tbh...

I guess Baylor couldn't get over that 103rd SOS.

Robz4000
11-03-2015, 07:17 PM
:lmao Alabama

The rest deserve to be there, especially Clemson at #1.

playblair
11-03-2015, 07:19 PM
if big12 is left out again :bang

Obstructed_View
11-03-2015, 07:23 PM
Clemson being #1 was a shocker tbh...

I guess Baylor couldn't get over that 103rd SOS.

Too bad they didn't schedule Middle Tennessee, Louisiana-Monroe and Charleston Southern like Alabama did.

Silver&Black
11-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Too bad they didn't schedule Middle Tennessee, Louisiana-Monroe and Charleston Southern like Alabama did.

Do you really want to compare Alabama's #3 SOS to Baylor's #103 SOS?

You're only looking at the shitty teams Alabama has played. Baylor has played plenty of shitty teams also. Baylor still has TCU to play and Alabama still has LSU to go. A lot can change in a few weeks....

FWIW...I thought you guys would make the top 4.

Blake
11-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Nailed it...

Lol no he didn't. there won't be two SEC teams in the playoffs

Silver&Black
11-03-2015, 07:52 PM

Show me the quote where he said that there will be two SEC teams in the playoff....because it's not ITT.

Weekly prediction Blake....subject to change again next week.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2015, 08:30 PM
Do you really want to compare Alabama's #3 SOS to Baylor's #103 SOS?

You're only looking at the shitty teams Alabama has played. Baylor has played plenty of shitty teams also. Baylor still has TCU to play and Alabama still has LSU to go. A lot can change in a few weeks....

FWIW...I thought you guys would make the top 4.

No, I agree with you for the most part, it's the reasoning that bugs me. You are correct that I am looking at the shitty teams Alabama has played. Since I keep hearing people shitting on Baylor's non-conference schedule, I do want to compare them a bit, because let's face it: that one game against Wisconsin, while a huge quality win, isn't enough to vault Alabama that high, is it? Now, eight SEC teams being in the pre-season top 25, on the other hand. To the voters, West Virginia and Texas Tech are shitty teams because they've lost to Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, but somehow Tennessee is still getting votes in the coaches' poll.

As a Baylor fan, I don't really mind that Baylor isn't there right now, because everyone knows that they have their fate in their own hands. If they fuck it up, it's on them. But I'm really sick of talking heads saying that Art Briles doesn't schedule enough good teams in his non-conference schedule and that's why a one-loss Alabama team makes the fucking top four. Anybody that follows the SEC knows that they've been scheduling cupcakes out of conference as long as the Big 12 has. It just feels like they're making sure to get LSU and Alabama as high as they can so they can make sure there's at least one SEC team in the playoff at the end of the season, even if it has a loss or two, just like they jam as many SEC teams into the pre-season polls based on their recruiting class rather than their record to make sure losses can be minimized.

Blake
11-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Show me the quote where he said that there will be two SEC teams in the playoff....because it's not ITT.

Weekly prediction Blake....subject to change again next week.

Oh so you guys are predicting who the top four should be right now just like the committee.

Irrelevant but funnnnnnnnnn

Splits
11-03-2015, 10:36 PM
What a fucking joke. Bama lost a game badly to a shithole team, and almost lost to T:lolnnessee at home. And Notre Dame being number 5, ahead of 5 undefeated big 5 conference teams? This is seriously so shitty it isn't even funny. The shit is rigged to favor "big names" over actual play on the field. Bama shouldn't even be in the 10 top, they don't even control their own destiny. Fucking joke.

Splits
11-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Not to mention Ohi:lol State! They haven't beaten anybody, and almost lost to fucking Northern Illinois at home and Indiana. WTF?

unleashbaynes
11-03-2015, 11:03 PM
No, I agree with you for the most part, it's the reasoning that bugs me. You are correct that I am looking at the shitty teams Alabama has played. Since I keep hearing people shitting on Baylor's non-conference schedule, I do want to compare them a bit, because let's face it: that one game against Wisconsin, while a huge quality win, isn't enough to vault Alabama that high, is it? Now, eight SEC teams being in the pre-season top 25, on the other hand. To the voters, West Virginia and Texas Tech are shitty teams because they've lost to Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, but somehow Tennessee is still getting votes in the coaches' poll.

As a Baylor fan, I don't really mind that Baylor isn't there right now, because everyone knows that they have their fate in their own hands. If they fuck it up, it's on them. But I'm really sick of talking heads saying that Art Briles doesn't schedule enough good teams in his non-conference schedule and that's why a one-loss Alabama team makes the fucking top four. Anybody that follows the SEC knows that they've been scheduling cupcakes out of conference as long as the Big 12 has. It just feels like they're making sure to get LSU and Alabama as high as they can so they can make sure there's at least one SEC team in the playoff at the end of the season, even if it has a loss or two, just like they jam as many SEC teams into the pre-season polls based on their recruiting class rather than their record to make sure losses can be minimized.

I hate Baylor but i agree with all of this.

Blake
11-03-2015, 11:18 PM
Yeah, until they figure out an 8 team playoff system with the power 5 conference champs plus 3 at large, this committee is gonna suck.

spankadelphia
11-03-2015, 11:23 PM
This has nothing to do with the SEC. It's Bama bias, plain and simple. It's how they leapfrogged Okie State in 2011 for the BCSNG berth. Brand equity. Bama, USC, Notre Dame, Michigan, and Ohio State will always get the benefit of the doubt no matter what.

Is it fair? Fuck no. But what are you going to do about it? Beat them? And then what? Beat them again? That's what LSU had to do in 2011. They couldn't do it.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2015, 11:34 PM
Yeah, until they figure out an 8 team playoff system with the power 5 conference champs plus 3 at large, this committee is gonna suck.

I agree with that. Ohio State's selection last year was far from unanimous, and they turned out to be the best team of the four that got in. FCS has 24 teams in their playoff system. One day the bowls will realize how much money they would rake in from playoff games that everyone watched instead of regional bowl games that only limited fanbases care about.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2015, 11:44 PM
This has nothing to do with the SEC. It's Bama bias, plain and simple. It's how they leapfrogged Okie State in 2011 for the BCSNG berth. Brand equity. Bama, USC, Notre Dame, Michigan, and Ohio State will always get the benefit of the doubt no matter what.

Is it fair? Fuck no. But what are you going to do about it? Beat them? And then what? Beat them again? That's what LSU had to do in 2011. They couldn't do it.

Oklahoma beat the shit out of them and was ranked two spots behind them the next season. Even when Alabama loses its last two games they find an excuse to rank them too high the next year. It's good for the other SEC teams because you get a boost for beating them and it doesn't hurt you too badly if you lose.

spankadelphia
11-03-2015, 11:50 PM
You think it helped LSU when Bama made the title game over Oklahoma State? It was a fucking disaster. We probably would have beat the Cowboys by 4 TD's.

If you're saying the SEC as a whole is overrated in the rankings every year, that's a different matter entirely. I think teams like Ole Miss and Arkansas get brownie points for being "SEC" when they really add nothing of value to the conference. The real SEC elite is Alabama, Florida, LSU, and occasionally Auburn. Everyone else needs to win a fucking natty this century before they get some respect.

Obstructed_View
11-04-2015, 02:38 AM
You think it helped LSU when Bama made the title game over Oklahoma State? It was a fucking disaster.

No, I don't think that at all. ESPN isn't going to look out for a single SEC team at the cost of the whole conference. There's absolutely no question that it helped the SEC having two teams in the national championship game, which is the goal. Everybody else gets fucked by the "Alabama didn't lose by much, so we just won't count it as a real loss" mentality by ESPN/SEC Network, and in 2011 that bit LSU in the ass. But every SEC team has been benefitting from that rationale for years, Alabama is just the most consistent of the bunch and has the "fluke" losses that are easy to explain away.

Sucks for LSU, because they couldn't have done any more to reinforce their season that year. It was a fucking murderous schedule by any standard. They had to play West Virginia, Oregon and Georgia. Meanwhile Alabama played North Texas, Kent State and Georgia Southern, then got rewarded with an extra week of rest and preparation.

Alabama and LSU were ranked 2 and 3 the following season, and Oklahoma State got dropped to 19. Fair and balanced.

We probably would have beat the Cowboys by 4 TD's.
Too bad we'll never know, and it's by design. The idea that no other 11-1 team is worthy because they don't play in the SEC is precisely the thinking that cost LSU any chance of playing anyone other than Alabama, because Alabama's loss didn't count as much as anyone else's. If Oklahoma State had been allowed to play and had managed to beat LSU, then suddenly the house of cards falls down. Then they don't have any excuse for dropping Oklahoma State that far in the rankings the next season. They managed to do it to Oklahoma after they beat Alabama and nobody seemed to notice. If they can minimize it they can chalk it up to luck, I guess.

If you're saying the SEC as a whole is overrated in the rankings every year, that's a different matter entirely. I think teams like Ole Miss and Arkansas get brownie points for being "SEC" when they really add nothing of value to the conference. The real SEC elite is Alabama, Florida, LSU, and occasionally Auburn. Everyone else needs to win a fucking natty this century before they get some respect.
LSU went 4-4 last year in the SEC, and Florida has had two winning conference records in the last six years. Somehow the SEC has 8 or 10 teams in the top 25 to start the year, and they all get a boost when they beat each other, and don't drop much when they lose. When one of the teams turns out to be a fraud, it doesn't matter because the teams that beat them already got the bump in the rankings.

Silver&Black
11-04-2015, 06:15 AM

Well said....and I agree with most if not everything.

The SEC does get "preferential treatment" from the media...no doubt about it. However, it does have something to do with all the National Championships in a row. If the Big 12 won that many straight (with four different teams) I'm sure the country would give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to one loss teams being the highest ranked.

Like you said....Baylor holds their own destiny in their hands. Win out...and you'll have nothing to worry about.

One last thing to add....and it's just my opinion. The lack of a Big 12 title game really pisses off the committee. Your thoughts on that?

elbamba
11-04-2015, 09:38 AM
Well said....and I agree with most if not everything.

The SEC does get "preferential treatment" from the media...no doubt about it. However, it does have something to do with all the National Championships in a row. If the Big 12 won that many straight (with four different teams) I'm sure the country would give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to one loss teams being the highest ranked.

Like you said....Baylor holds their own destiny in their hands. Win out...and you'll have nothing to worry about.

One last thing to add....and it's just my opinion. The lack of a Big 12 title game really pisses off the committee. Your thoughts on that?

I agree. The Big 12 needs to add at least two teams and have a title game. I think if it comes down to a team that has to play a conference championship and one that does not, the one that plays and wins will get in every time.

Avante
11-04-2015, 12:09 PM
Nailed it...

Actually it was pretty obvious. The SEC gets all the love while the Big12 doesn't. Ohio State/Clemson a sure lock.

What's going to happen is all those LSU vs RinkyDinky State games will be dumped, which will hurt the small schools $$$$$. Strenght of schedule becoming huge.

Obviously LSU will be out of the top 4 next week when they lose to Alabama. Not even Fournette can run on that Bama D. So we will be seeing a Big12 team there real soon.

But.....running the ball (which gives your D a blow) stuffing the run (putting them in third and long, so here comes that pass rush) and winning the TO battle is still the way to win Championships. Tossing the ball all around, nay~~~~~~

Avante
11-04-2015, 12:37 PM

Look at this dummy, too stupid to realize NOBODY was talking about the FINAL FOUR!!!!!!!, this was about the...RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking moron.

Blake
11-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Look at this dummy, too stupid to realize NOBODY was talking about the FINAL FOUR!!!!!!!, this was about the...RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking moron.

Because the top four teams are incredibly important RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Lol fat ol fuck

Avante
11-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Because the top four teams are incredibly important RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Lol fat ol fuck

Is this one dumb mutherfucker or what? Who said anything about the importance of this? OBVIOUSLY...it's meaningless RIGHT NOW...ya reckon? All I was doing was nailing it.....RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a fucking idiot this faggot is, sheesh~~~~~~~~~

Who will be in the...... FIRST....... NCAA top 4? I think I'll guess, Ohio State, LSU, Clemson, Bama. Only a total idiot like this Blake freak would think that had anything to do with the............ final four. What a moron.

Obstructed_View
11-04-2015, 01:47 PM

There's no doubt that the SEC does well in bowls, but it's hard to win 7 straight national championships if you don't have at least one team in the game. The Big 12 had two shots at it and blew it. Gotta win the games.

Back to schedules, which I should probably just let rest and move on, but Alabama has beaten one ranked team this year, but gets credit for quality wins and strength of schedule because three of their opponents were ranked at the time of the game, even though none of them are ranked now. Meanwhile Iowa State, Texas Tech, West Virginia, Kansas State, and even Texas have schedules full of losses to the big four in the conference and good non-conference opponents, but all anyone is looking at is their record. Since none of them started off the year in the top 25, it's a "weak" schedule.

That's what they say, and Bob Bowlsby did a great job of opening the door for the committee last year. Clearly, the fact that Baylor doesn't just schedule harder teams pisses the committee off enough to penalize TCU. At what point do we say that the committee is just looking to find a reason not to give them credit? Looking at the Big 12's schedules and results, If the SEC were having the year the Big 12 is having, I don't think it's wrong to suggest that they would have three teams in the top four right now.

Obstructed_View
11-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Obviously LSU will be out of the top 4 next week when they lose to Alabama. Not even Fournette can run on that Bama D. So we will be seeing a Big12 team there real soon.

This is a bit tongue in cheek, but only a bit...

But LSU's loss won't count for very much because they lost to Alabama, and they won't drop significantly because suddenly the committee doesn't think it fair to penalize a team for a late loss. Then watch the loser of the Baylor TCU game, if both are undefeated, drop to 15. I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up a scenario where people are making a case for a 2-loss Alabama team over an undefeated Big 12 team in the final four, and doing so with a straight face.

Obstructed_View
11-04-2015, 05:13 PM
baylor for same QB reason is fucked long run
I suppose that's possible, but Baylor has like nine or ten seniors on the offensive and defensive line, the best receiver in the nation, and one of the top running backs. The freshman they have to turn to is not only one of the highest rated players they've ever signed, he's also from the high school that Art Briles used to coach, and has been running the system for years. If you're going to lose your starting quarterback, I don't think you could dream up a more favorable scenario in which to do it.

As a Baylor fan for the last 25 years, I have a really hard time feeling sorry for the situation the team is in right now.

Silver&Black
11-04-2015, 07:02 PM
but Alabama has beaten one ranked team this year

Correct me if I'm wrong....it's hard to remember if these teams were ranked at that time....and what they were ranked.

But, I think Ole Miss (loss), Miss. St. (win), and Aggy (win) were all ranked teams when they played Alabama.

Also, all three of those teams are ranked right now....#18-#20.

Avante
11-04-2015, 07:36 PM

But LSU's loss won't count for very much because they lost to Alabama, and they won't drop significantly because suddenly the committee doesn't think it fair to penalize a team for a late loss. Then watch the loser of the Baylor TCU game, if both are undefeated, drop to 15. I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up a scenario where people are making a case for a 2-loss Alabama team over an undefeated Big 12 team in the final four, and doing so with a straight face.

There will be no 2 loss team in the mix, that won't happen.

There is this perception that the SEC has a lot more quality depth especially on the defense than other conferences. The voters are an older group, they look at things like that over 55 -38 type games.

spankadelphia
11-04-2015, 08:00 PM

The playoff committee showed last year that conference championships are the most important qualification for a playoff berth. BIG 12 doesn't have a conference championship game. Oops. Maybe you should invite Texas A&M and Missouri back into the conference. If the Big 12 were to miss the playoffs again, it would be the 3rd time in the last 5 years that a lack of a conference title game costs the Big 12 a shot at a title berth. Okie State being 11-1 instead of 12-1 gave the BCS the excuse they needed to slide Saban's cock to the back of their throat.

All of this stuff will be decided on the field in the next few weeks. Win and you're in. The committee won't put a 2 loss at large Bama team ahead of an undefeated conference champion, including Baylor or TCU.

pgardn
11-04-2015, 08:24 PM
The playoff committee showed last year that conference championships are the most important qualification for a playoff berth. BIG 12 doesn't have a conference championship game. Oops. Maybe you should invite Texas A&M and Missouri back into the conference. If the Big 12 were to miss the playoffs again, it would be the 3rd time in the last 5 years that a lack of a conference title game costs the Big 12 a shot at a title berth. Okie State being 11-1 instead of 12-1 gave the BCS the excuse they needed to slide Saban's cock to the back of their throat.

All of this stuff will be decided on the field in the next few weeks. Win and you're in. The committee won't put a 2 loss at large Bama team ahead of an undefeated conference champion, including Baylor or TCU.

True but it still sucks. Like Alabama playing Missouri to get in was soooo important last year.

Oddly I have the biggest problem with Ohio St.
Virginia Tech gives them a tough out of conference schedule because VT pounded them LAST year. So they need to check the other unwritten category for previous winners getting big points.

The others I got no problem.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2015, 01:28 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong....it's hard to remember if these teams were ranked at that time....and what they were ranked.

But, I think Ole Miss (loss), Miss. St. (win), and Aggy (win) were all ranked teams when they played Alabama.

Also, all three of those teams are ranked right now....#18-#20.
Yes, it appears you are correct. I don't know what I was thinking.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2015, 01:32 AM
There will be no 2 loss team in the mix, that won't happen.

There is this perception that the SEC has a lot more quality depth especially on the defense than other conferences. The voters are an older group, they look at things like that over 55 -38 type games.

I would not be a fucking bit surprised f there's not a faction of people trying to make a case for it. They successfully talked a one loss team into the top four.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2015, 01:38 AM

The playoff committee is just like the BCS, moving the goalposts to suit their agenda. They talk down margin and style points, but then Ohio State beats a team that doesn't show up and they get into the final four.

Silver&Black
11-05-2015, 02:45 AM
Yes, it appears you are correct. I don't know what I was thinking.No worries....

pgardn
11-05-2015, 08:26 AM
No worries....

Excellent thread.

I was waiting for this.

This is a very interesting topic as this process is so incredibly difficult. I still would like the SEC to play more in conference games, same with the Big 10, etc...I think playing the entire conference is an advantage the Big 12 has competitively, but the committee sees this otherwise. The schedule Missouri had last year in getting to the SEC finals was ridiculous.

Silver&Black
11-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Yes, it appears you are correct. I don't know what I was thinking.

Actually, I was wrong. Don't know what the fuck I was thinking....but we (Miss. St.) haven't played Alabama yet. Got them in two weeks. (Don't know why I confused the Auburn game with Alabama....I'm an idiot)

Alabama will play LSU this weekend and Miss. St the following weekend. If Miss. St. beats Missouri tonight they will be another ranked team that Alabama will play....bringing the # up to four I think.

DesignatedT
11-05-2015, 10:42 AM
An undefeated Big12 team will get in this year, especially if it's Baylor. Only way this MIGHT not happen is if Clemson, Bama, Ohio State and Notre Dame all win out. LSU wins their remaining games and TCU is the team that runs the table.

Then you would have Clemson - In, Ohio State - In, Bama - In and the last spot coming down to 1-loss ND, 1-loss LSU and undefeated TCU. I still think an undefeated TCU would slide in under this scenario but not a for sure thing like Baylor IMO. The committee is obviously higher on Baylor then they are on TCU and the only reason Baylor got left out is 1. Their star QB is injured and 2. The committee does not want to reward Baylor and Art Briles for scheduling absolutely nobody non-conference. Last thing they want to do is encourage teams to stop playing competition out of conference. Too much good comes from big out of conference games like exposure, money, etc. They want those to keep happening.

Saying all that, Ohio State still has to play Michigan State and Michigan. I doubt they win out. Bama/LSU will sort itself out this weekend. Clemson will likely run the table if they get past FSU this weekend.

Interesting team is Iowa>?????

Blake
11-05-2015, 10:53 AM
Iowa would have to win the Big 10 title game

Avante
11-05-2015, 12:07 PM
It all starts with the SEC, as we are seeing. People simply can't forget history/tradition. That's why ND always gets the utmost respect, Knute Rockne/The Four Horsemen/Win one for the Gipper/Touchdown Jesus, will never die. The media loves that stuff.

TCU and Baylor are track schools, they have no football history. And it hurts them, because the voters aren't youngsters, all caught up in ..they sure score alot. They look at brand and can they play defense. Old timers always into defense.

And, the fact those SEC schools have a harder road to travel is a factor, far harder being a winner vs an SEC schedule.

Silver&Black
11-05-2015, 12:25 PM
And, the fact those SEC schools have a harder road to travel is a factor, far harder being a winner vs an SEC schedule.

Not all SEC teams have what I would call a "hard" schedule. Some years you get down teams (like Kentucky and Vandy).

That's not the case with Alabama though this year. #3 Strength of Schedule right now. Next two weeks they play LSU and Mississippi State. I would guess that number will shoot to #1 Strength of Schedule. I didn't think Alabama would make the initial committee rankings, but I can understand how they see it.

1 loss + #3 SOS > 0 losses + #109 SOS

Avante
11-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Not all SEC teams have what I would call a "hard" schedule. Some years you get down teams (like Kentucky and Vandy).

That's not the case with Alabama though this year. #3 Strength of Schedule right now. Next two weeks they play LSU and Mississippi State. I would guess that number will shoot to #1 Strength of Schedule. I didn't think Alabama would make the initial committee rankings, but I can understand how they see it.

Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, all have rich football histories. Tons of great players/teams. And if ya watch an SEC game ya see more passion there than anywhere. All that does make a difference. It gets in your head.

I'm a Cali guy, a Pac12 fan, USC is my team. No way in hell the Pac12 compares to the SEC, and neither does any other conference. They have more big guys who can run, and it's real obvious. And the conference has more quality depth.

SEC teams play more qualty teams season after season, and if that isn't a fact it's thought to be.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2015, 03:24 PM
Actually, I was wrong. Don't know what the fuck I was thinking....but we (Miss. St.) haven't played Alabama yet. Got them in two weeks. (Don't know why I confused the Auburn game with Alabama....I'm an idiot)

Alabama will play LSU this weekend and Miss. St the following weekend. If Miss. St. beats Missouri tonight they will be another ranked team that Alabama will play....bringing the # up to four I think.

It's pretty clear that Alabama's strength of schedule comes a lot from the fact that so many fucking SEC teams get favorable rankings, which was the only point I was trying to make.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2015, 03:40 PM

What the committee is doing is telling everyone who's NOT the SEC that they need to schedule tougher teams out of conference. Since the SEC teams don't have to schedule that way, they can keep beating the little sisters of the FCS, while everyone else beats each other up. Expect to see four SEC teams in the playoff sooner than later.

DesignatedT
11-05-2015, 03:57 PM
What the committee is doing is telling everyone who's NOT the SEC that they need to schedule tougher teams out of conference. Since the SEC teams don't have to schedule that way, they can keep beating the little sisters of the FCS, while everyone else beats each other up. Expect to see four SEC teams in the playoff sooner than later.

While I understand some of your frustration, SEC teams still schedule tough OOC games on top of a grueling SEC schedule. For example this year alone:

Alabama - Played Wisconsin
Auburn - Louisville
A&M - Arizona State
Tennessee - Oklahoma
Arkansas - Texas Tech
Florida - Florida State
Georgia - Georgia Tech
South Carolina - Clemson

While Baylor continues to schedule nobody. This year (SMU, Lamar, Rice), Next year (Northwestern State, SMU, Rice).

I would be equally frustrated with your lack of OOC scheduling then the media love for the SEC. Both as a fan (because your team is obviously good enough to compete and beat a lot of the bigger FBS programs out there which would directly end this whole debate) and 2 as a ticket holder (if i was one) because who the hell wants to go watch Lamar, Rice and Liberty play football.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2015, 04:01 PM
Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, all have rich football histories.

Unless I'm reading Wikipedia wrong, Baylor has the same number of double digit win seasons since 1980 as South Carolina, and one more conference title in the last two years than SC has in their history. I was going to respond further, but I think I'd come off like a raving lunatic about this issue. :)

Obstructed_View
11-05-2015, 04:10 PM
While I understand some of your frustration, SEC teams still schedule tough OOC games on top of a grueling SEC schedule. For example this year alone:

Alabama - Played Wisconsin
Auburn - Louisville
A&M - Arizona State
Tennessee - Oklahoma
Arkansas - Texas Tech
Florida - Florida State
Georgia - Georgia Tech
South Carolina - Clemson

While Baylor continues to schedule nobody. This year (SMU, Lamar, Rice), Next year (Northwestern State, SMU, Rice).

I would be equally frustrated with your lack of OOC scheduling then the media love for the SEC. Both as a fan (because your team is obviously good enough to compete and beat a lot of the bigger FBS programs out there which would directly end this whole debate) and 2 as a ticket holder (if i was one) because who the hell wants to go watch Lamar, Rice and Liberty play football.

Baylor has scheduled nobody for a while, and I don't know the rationale behind it, but I'd guess that it was when the team was starting to get decent and they wanted to be able to ensure bowl eligibility. I don't know how far in advance they schedule games, but they contract to play some teams a certain number of times. If one of you guys knows more about it I'd be interested.

Wasn't too long ago that Baylor had really tough out of conference schedules, but that's because they were so bad that other teams were scheduling them for easy wins.

I guess I'd be frustrated with it if it made any difference. Ohio State didn't jump past Baylor because of Baylor's schedule last year, it was because of their record and Ohio State's statement game, combined with the Big 12's refusal to name a conference champ. So when it came down to it, Sammy Watkins is what killed Baylor. If Baylor had a murderous schedule last year and one loss, the committee would have said that they needed a conference title game. I think Tech and Virginia Tech and Iowa State are a lot better than their records, but it doesn't show up. That's why this year I'm on the "Just win every game or shut up" train.

I wish I were a season ticket holder. I went to a half dozen Baylor games in the 90s that cost next to nothing. I can't afford to go to a game now if I wanted to.

Splits
11-05-2015, 04:50 PM
I just hope Old Miss runs the table, Bama wins out, and LSU wins out except losing to Bama in like triple OT. Let these playoff committee faggots put 3 SEC teams in the playoffs with Notre Dame.

Edit: Ok, obviously Old Piss still has to play LSU so this isn't a realistic scenario. Do hope the Rebels win the SEC though.

Splits
11-05-2015, 04:59 PM
And the Big 12 plays 9 conference games and only 3 non-con. Bama is going to play Middle Tenn, Louisiana Monroe, and Charleston Southern (in late November :lol) this year. 3 cupcake games, just like Baylor, most other Big 12 teams, and all SEC teams. So yeah, SEC schools should be scheduling at least one non-con opponent from the top-5.

Silver&Black
11-05-2015, 10:41 PM
Old Piss still has to play LSU so this isn't a realistic scenario. Do hope the Rebels win the SEC though.

The Rebels can win the LSU game...

Ole Miss is a weird team...some weeks they play like shit....some weeks they play like gangbusters.

Silver&Black
11-05-2015, 10:45 PM
It's pretty clear that Alabama's strength of schedule comes a lot from the fact that so many fucking SEC teams get favorable rankings, which was the only point I was trying to make.

And I totally agree with that (as I told you earlier).

But, the SOS # is all that matters right now. No amount of complaining about media SEC bias is going to make Baylor's SOS # go down. They've played an awful schedule so far.

Baylor's most difficult games come at the end of the season....let's see what the final SOS # is at when the season is over.

EDIT: Go undefeated...and none of it will matter anyways.

pgardn
11-05-2015, 11:20 PM
SOS in itself is difficult because so much of it depends on timing. Beating Georgia early meant something, beating them now, not so much.

And, Ohio State won the National Championship with a pitiful loss at home to VT.

So Oklahoma wins out, goes to the final 4, and wins out... with a loss to UT... These types of scenarios make me nauseous. It basically says it's ok to lose to a bad team early in the season.

After watching all the top bowl games last year it appeared to me that TCU should have played Ohio St. So that could be fun. After winning the final 4, beat a voted upon, "best of the rest". I would love to see the bloodshed on a vote for "best of the rest"

pgardn
11-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Only way this MIGHT not happen is if Clemson, Bama, Ohio State and Notre Dame all win out. LSU wins their remaining games and TCU is the team that runs the table.

A very close fluke win by Bama over LSU would be amazing combined with the above. Heads would explode. Give Ohio State and Clemson a poor win over a bad team to stir the pot.

Splits
11-05-2015, 11:32 PM
ND is going to end up with 3 losses, methinks. this woulda been their playoff year except for blodations to QB and RB.

avante right that no way no how a 2-loss team gets in

undefeated bigxii won't get snubbed

So Old Piss runs the table and is not invited?

pgardn
11-05-2015, 11:46 PM
So Old Piss runs the table and is not invited?

There are chances. It's just gonna take an odd combination of losses and wins.

Splits
11-05-2015, 11:51 PM
There are chances. It's just gonna take an odd combination of losses and wins.

Yeah, if by odd you mean the SEC West team who lost to a non-top5 conference opponent who now controls their own destiny.

:lol Memphis

FkLA
11-06-2015, 12:06 AM
Memphis would beat Baylor @Memphis. They're no Lamar or SMU.

Pelicans78
11-06-2015, 05:50 AM
Memphis would dominate Baylor if the game was played in Memphis.

Pelicans78
11-06-2015, 05:55 AM
Playing Kansas is the equivalent of playing a FCS school.

Pelicans78
11-06-2015, 05:57 AM
An undefeated team from the AAC should get a playoff berth over a one loss Big 12 team.

pgardn
11-06-2015, 09:32 AM

Baylor lost their QB. So no surprise.

pgardn
11-06-2015, 09:47 AM
This thread has great potential week to week. Hopefully things get bizzare as I have nothing to lose while backing a horrid team. I also enjoy the conference backing clashes. The way this is set up it becomes imperative to root for your conference if your team has a shot. For me, OU still sucks, it's easy. When your team stinks, it's a blessing to keep the priorities straight.

It is also good to know ATM still hates us. I was unmercifully crucified and gunned down at a party solidifying my faith in rivalries. Michigan fans still despise Ohio State. Good stuff...

Blake
11-06-2015, 10:38 AM

Lol take a step back from that one

tlongII
11-06-2015, 10:47 AM
This shit is all run by ESPN. And ESPN has a contract with the SEC. It's a joke.

Pelicans78
11-06-2015, 11:43 AM
Baylor lost their QB. So no surprise.

He should be more durable.

Pelicans78
11-06-2015, 11:43 AM
This shit is all run by ESPN. And ESPN has a contract with the SEC. It's a joke.

Any team with Utah or Stanford as the Conference's best is a joke. Pac-12 has taken a step back this year.

pgardn
11-06-2015, 06:31 PM
He should be more durable.

Yeah.

Breaking the neck can be avoided.
So now that Baylor has a true Freshman starting at QB you make proclamations.

Silver&Black
11-06-2015, 07:13 PM
sec is also on eastern time zone* ... poor big 12 stuck in central. (nd aligns with what? the acc ...) tv conspiracies anyone?

*except for you know, the western half...*

WTF? Alabama and LSU are in the central time zone.

Let's try to talk football stuff in this thread.....no "time zone" smack please.

Obstructed_View
11-06-2015, 08:22 PM
And I totally agree with that (as I told you earlier).

But, the SOS # is all that matters right now. No amount of complaining about media SEC bias is going to make Baylor's SOS # go down. They've played an awful schedule so far.

Baylor's most difficult games come at the end of the season....let's see what the final SOS # is at when the season is over.

EDIT: Go undefeated...and none of it will matter anyways.

Agreed on 99 percent. On the premise that it's the conference records for the two teams that makes up the majority of the SOS, I still maintain, and maybe I'm just delusional, that Baylor's opponents are not anywhere as bad as the rankings seem to think. The Big 12 has four great teams at the top of the division, and the byproduct is several really good teams that have four losses. If you look at the losses for the middle teams in the big 12 there's a shitload of quality teams in there. Iowa State has five losses, and the combined record of four of those opponents is 28-1.

I agree on seeing where they are at the end, though. If Baylor's SOS is really 110 right now, I can't imagine their remaining schedule is enough to put them anywhere respectable. If your wins are so undervalued, maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea scheduling tough opponents because the only way to even get recognition is not to lose.

To pgardn's point, it might turn out to be terrible planning by the Big 12 yet again scheduling all their top teams for late-season losses.

Avante
11-06-2015, 08:32 PM
All it is is this?

Who will play the SEC stud team?

tlongII
11-06-2015, 11:11 PM
Any team with Utah or Stanford as the Conference's best is a joke. Pac-12 has taken a step back this year.

Stanford would beat anybody in the SEC. Believe that.

Silver&Black
11-07-2015, 01:13 AM
EXCEPT FOR YOU KNOW THE WESTERN HALF

Fuckin Mississippi state education smh

Still don't understand your logic. You said "poor Big 12 stuck in central". The two SEC teams that made it play in the central time zone.

You know what....I really don't care. 90% of people here are debating who played who....how much they won by.....where they played at.......you're talking about what time zone they play in and tv conspiracies.

Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Blake
11-07-2015, 11:31 AM
Still don't understand your logic. You said "poor Big 12 stuck in central". The two SEC teams that made it play in the central time zone.

You know what....I really don't care. 90% of people here are debating who played who....how much they won by.....where they played at.......you're talking about what time zone they play in and tv conspiracies.

Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

It's called the east coast bias

Silver&Black
11-07-2015, 01:26 PM
EXCEPT FOR YOU KNOW THE WESTERN HALF

think about it, dogg

I know dogg....

West- <-
East- ->

For the 3rd time now.......what the hell does that have to do with anything concerning this thread. Explain to me why I should be worried about "How your time zone could determine if your team makes the playoff or not".

Silver&Black
11-07-2015, 01:31 PM
It's called the east coast bias

Pretty sure I've heard people complain about a West coast bias also...

I'm talking college football here. Stats...schedules...final scores....where the teams played at...you know Blake...relevant things. I just don't think that time zones should be discussed. The East coast bias didn't hurt Ohio St from getting the final spot last year........

Convince me I'm wrong.

benefactor
11-07-2015, 07:00 PM
:lol TCU
:cry we were disrespected
:lol punching yourself in the dick a few days later

Splits
11-07-2015, 11:45 PM
1) Alabama
2) LSU
3) Arkansas
4) Notre Dame

Splits
11-07-2015, 11:48 PM
5) Vanderbilt
6) Florida
7) Auburn
8) Miss St.

Silver&Black
11-08-2015, 12:01 AM
Lmao lamao. Did you ask your vandy friend yet

:madrun It's not fair
:madrun We all play in the central time zone
:madrun The SEC doesn't...You know except for the western half
:madrun 50% of the teams to make it are Tigers
:madrun The committee favors teams called the Tigers

Blake
11-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Memphis would beat Baylor @Memphis. They're no Lamar or SMU.

Roflrofl losing to Navy

Lol utsa losing to Old Dominion

Blake
11-08-2015, 02:37 PM
Pretty sure I've heard people complain about a West coast bias also...

I'm talking college football here. Stats...schedules...final scores....where the teams played at...you know Blake...relevant things. I just don't think that time zones should be discussed. The East coast bias didn't hurt Ohio St from getting the final spot last year........

Convince me I'm wrong.

Lol west coast bias. I've never heard that.

Lolol Ohio is part of the East Coast bias. If anything, it helped them squeeze past Baylor and TCU last year. If one were to believe in that kinds of thing.....

AFBlue
11-09-2015, 01:00 AM
1) Clemson
2) Alabama
3) Ohio St.
4) Notre Dame

Couple things I'll be interested in...

1. How far does LSU fall? The committee obviously holds Alabama in high regard or they wouldn't have placed them in the Top-4 in the initial poll. They've also shown a willingness to forgive losses against top teams (see: Notre Dame).

2. How high do they vault Okie St...could they even jump Baylor? No doubt they have the best win in the conference, dominating TCU in Stillwater. But, Baylor has looked more consistently dominant over similar competition thus far. It'll be an interesting litmus test for their thinking...consistent dominance or single dominating win.

Silver&Black
11-09-2015, 02:12 AM
If Noone from Vanderbilt will talk to you maybe you can ask an aggy. A&M is a good school

:cry It's impossible for the Big 12 to make it because they play in the Central Time zone :cry

Avante
11-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Notre Dame will get all the love. Media adores the Golden Dome.

The Big12 is looked at as a alot of gizmo/gadget, while the SEC...plays D.

Splits
11-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Notre Dame will get all the love. Media adores the Golden Dome.

The Big12 is looked at as a alot of gizmo/gadget, while the SEC...plays D.

http://i.imgur.com/mEJg1rm.png

Blake
11-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Lol Avante is stupid.

Avante
11-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Lol Avante is stupid.

translation

That damn Avante, he nailed the first four, Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry, those Miss schools last season, as I continue to look stupid.

Avante
11-09-2015, 03:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mEJg1rm.png

Rookies!

Dude, never ever ever ever try and use...one..of anything as some example, ok rookie?

Check out all those SEC players playing D in the NFL, ok?

Splits
11-09-2015, 04:03 PM
Rookies!

Dude, never ever ever ever try and use...one..of anything as some example, ok rookie?

Check out all those SEC players playing D in the NFL, ok?

Alabama has lost to one team this season and that team is depicted in their most recent game above. Quit being a hack. SEC defense this season is not the same as in previous.

Avante
11-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Alabama has lost to one team this season and that team is depicted in their most recent game above. Quit being a hack. SEC defense this season is not the same as in previous.

Dude, 4 SEC teams are ranked in the top 11 on Defense in 2015, ok? Where do you think the first Big12 team is ranked?

Now answer my question, why do we see sooooooo many SEC players playing D in the NFL, well?

Splits
11-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Dude, 4 SEC teams are ranked in the top 11 on Defense in 2015, ok? Where do you think the first Big12 team is ranked?

Now answer my question, why do we see sooooooo many SEC players playing D in the NFL, well?

If that's the topic you want to discuss, then create a thread for it. This thread is about the playoff rankings, which has 1-loss Alabama from the SEC in the playoffs ahead of several other non-SEC undefeated teams. And the team they lost to just lost to a conference doormat and allowed 53 points in the process.

Avante
11-09-2015, 04:16 PM
If that's the topic you want to discuss, then create a thread for it. This thread is about the playoff rankings, which has 1-loss Alabama from the SEC in the playoffs ahead of several other non-SEC undefeated teams. And the team they lost to just lost to a conference doormat and allowed 53 points in the process.

Don't tell me what to do, got that? Alabama would totally blow any Big12 team away, ok? They are way too physical.

Blake
11-09-2015, 04:18 PM
translation

That damn Avante, he nailed the first four, Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry, those Miss schools last season, as I continue to look stupid.

:lol you're such an idiot

Splits
11-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Don't tell me what to do, got that? Alabama would totally blow any Big12 team away, ok? They are way too physical.

:lol Ok. Just like the top 3 SEC teams last year didn't lose bowl games to the Big 10, Big 12 (complete blowout) and the ACC, right? Allowing 42, 42, and 49 points each? :lmao

Blake
11-09-2015, 04:19 PM

Alabama is blowing every team away you retarded old fuck.

Avante
11-09-2015, 04:25 PM
:lol you're such an idiot

As this moron constantly follows me around, ha~~~~~~~~~~~

Avante
11-09-2015, 04:27 PM
:lol Ok. Just like the top 3 SEC teams last year didn't lose bowl games to the Big 10, Big 12 (complete blowout) and the ACC, right? Allowing 42, 42, and 49 points each? :lmao

Are you really this...DUH???..ha~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dude, do you really want me to take ya to school on bowl game success?

Avante
11-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Alabama is blowing every team away you retarded old fuck.

How many things does this dummy not know about?

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/sec/2015-alabama-crimson-tide-football-schedule.php

Blake
11-09-2015, 04:57 PM
As this moron constantly follows me around, ha~~~~~~~~~~~

No, you fucking idiot. Your fat retarded ass shoved it's fat retarded way into this thread.

You're just too thin skinned of a pussy to take it when you're obviously wrong. You'd rather just cry ":cry stop following me :cry" like a third grade girl.

Blake
11-09-2015, 04:59 PM
How many things does this dummy not know about?

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/sec/2015-alabama-crimson-tide-football-schedule.php

So Alabama and Ol Miss play again, who wins and by how much?

Or we can play the ol Texas Tech > Arkansas > Ol Miss > Alabama game.

Or you can just do us all a favor and just smash your computer to bits.

spankadelphia
11-09-2015, 05:52 PM

I can't speak for the rest of the conference, but LSU's D is certainly not up to par this year. Brockers, Logan, Mingo, and Minter are not walking through that door.

Splits
11-10-2015, 08:14 PM
I mean, this is a fucking joke right?

Iowa barely surviving a shit team 3 spots ahead of OkSt dominating an undefeated? Stanford? :lmao the war criminal Rice leaving her shitstain

Avante
11-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Knute Rockne/The Four Horsemen/Touchdown Jesus/Win one for the Gipper/The Golden Dome, will never die.

The problem with Notre Dame is they are limited to just who they can recruit, they can't get a lot of those Texas/Florida black 4.35 guys because of academics, while the SEC/Big12 is full of them.

pgardn
11-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Knute Rockne/The Four Horsemen/Touchdown Jesus/Win one for the Gipper/The Golden Dome, will never die.

The problem with Notre Dame is they are limited to just who they can recruit, they can't get a lot of those Texas/Florida black 4.35 guys because of academics, while the SEC/Big12 is full of them.

So tell us the difference in the academic requirements of a school like UT and say Mississippi, since you imply the Big 12 and the SEC have the same academic requirements. So you would say no difference between these schools and the two conferences?

Thanks.

Silver&Black
11-11-2015, 01:15 AM
:lol Iowa being ranked #5

I knew Alabama would move up (well they had to since we all knew LSU would drop out)...but I thought Ohio St. would get the #2 spot and they would land at #3. The Oklahoma St./Baylor winner still has a chance to move into the top 4, but they're obviously going to have to win out also.

Pelicans78
11-11-2015, 08:02 AM
I'm real big into College Football Reference's SRS which uses strength of schedule and margin of victory to determine their rankings.

Right now, the top 4 in their rating are Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Michigan. The rest of the top 10 are Notre Dame, Oklahoma, LSU, Stanford, Baylor, and Florida. Michigan State is ranked 15th, Oklahoma State is ranked 17th, and Iowa is 20th. USC is actually ranked 11th due to their strength of schedule (5th) and apparent margin of victory in their wins. Obviously Michigan has two losses and shouldn't be considered for the playoffs even though the Wolverines lost two close games at Utan and Michigan State. The top 5 offenses are Oregon, Texas Tech, Baylor, Memphis, and Notre Dame while the top 5 defenses are Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Alabama, and Florida.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2015-ratings.html (You can click on OSRS for offensive rankings and DSRS for defensive rankings)

Strength of schedule helps Bama (2nd) and Notre Dame (4th) and hurts Iowa (74th), Okie St (80th), and Baylor (109th).

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2015-standings.html (Click on SOS for strength of schedule rankings)

Conference rankings have the SEC as number 1 followed by the Big 10, Pac-12, ACC, Big 12, and AAC. While there is a big gap between the power 5 and the AAC, these 6 conferences are rated as above average while the rest of the conferences are below average with C-USA being ranked the worse this season.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2015.html

My top 4 right now would be the 4 teams ranked with Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, and Notre Dame. I think an undefeated Big 12 team will most likely get in, but if Notre Dame does win out and wins at Stanford to end the season it would give them quality wins against GT, Temple, Pitt, USC, and Stanford with their lone loss at Clemson by only 2 points. Bama needs Florida to keep winning as well to give them a quality opponent in the SEC Title game. If Oklahoma hadn't loss to Texas, they would easily be in the top 4 right now.

pgardn
11-11-2015, 06:11 PM
I'm real big into College Football Reference's SRS which uses strength of schedule and margin of victory to determine their rankings.

Right now, the top 4 in their rating are Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Michigan. The rest of the top 10 are Notre Dame, Oklahoma, LSU, Stanford, Baylor, and Florida. Michigan State is ranked 15th, Oklahoma State is ranked 17th, and Iowa is 20th. USC is actually ranked 11th due to their strength of schedule (5th) and apparent margin of victory in their wins. Obviously Michigan has two losses and shouldn't be considered for the playoffs even though the Wolverines lost two close games at Utan and Michigan State. The top 5 offenses are Oregon, Texas Tech, Baylor, Memphis, and Notre Dame while the top 5 defenses are Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Alabama, and Florida.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2015-ratings.html (You can click on OSRS for offensive rankings and DSRS for defensive rankings)

Strength of schedule helps Bama (2nd) and Notre Dame (4th) and hurts Iowa (74th), Okie St (80th), and Baylor (109th).

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2015-standings.html (Click on SOS for strength of schedule rankings)

Conference rankings have the SEC as number 1 followed by the Big 10, Pac-12, ACC, Big 12, and AAC. While there is a big gap between the power 5 and the AAC, these 6 conferences are rated as above average while the rest of the conferences are below average with C-USA being ranked the worse this season.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2015.html

My top 4 right now would be the 4 teams ranked with Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, and Notre Dame. I think an undefeated Big 12 team will most likely get in, but if Notre Dame does win out and wins at Stanford to end the season it would give them quality wins against GT, Temple, Pitt, USC, and Stanford with their lone loss at Clemson by only 2 points. Bama needs Florida to keep winning as well to give them a quality opponent in the SEC Title game. If Oklahoma hadn't loss to Texas, they would easily be in the top 4 right now.

Ohio State has not even played a top 25 team.

We must always remember that being National Champs gives you points for the next year. How many points, we will never know. Ohio St. should not be in the top 4, but because they won last year and SHOULD be better this year, they are.

Obstructed_View
11-15-2015, 04:04 AM
Okay, Baylor lost. Probably just as well. There's no fucking way they were going to make it into the playoff even if they were undefeated, and I would have completely lost my shit on the world. :lol

Pelicans78
11-15-2015, 09:50 AM
Okay, Baylor lost. Probably just as well. There's no fucking way they were going to make it into the playoff even if they were undefeated, and I would have completely lost my shit on the world. :lol

They would have gotten in undefeated if they beat OU and Oklahoma St.

Arcadian
11-17-2015, 09:55 PM
:lol college football gayoffs
:lol four fucking teams...what a joke

AFBlue
11-17-2015, 10:57 PM

Only dropped to #10, which tells you how much they still respect Baylor's offense and how well Oklahoma is playing. Baylor can still force themselves back into the conversation if they beat an undefeated Oklahoma St. and Oklahoma loses the last week in Bedlam giving Baylor the title. They may not get in, but this Oklahoma loss was not a bad one.

AFBlue
11-17-2015, 10:58 PM
They would have gotten in undefeated if they beat OU and Oklahoma St.

Agree. What might've been.

Obstructed_View
11-18-2015, 12:48 PM
Nah. The first week of the rankings was just the tip, and nobody squealed loud enough. The committee was trying to get Alabama above Clemson this weekend.

Splits
11-21-2015, 01:29 PM
Only dropped to #10, which tells you how much they still respect Baylor's offense and how well Oklahoma is playing. Baylor can still force themselves back into the conversation if they beat an undefeated Oklahoma St. and Oklahoma loses the last week in Bedlam giving Baylor the title. They may not get in, but this Oklahoma loss was not a bad one.

We're not going to beat OkSt on the road tonight with the true frosh at QB. Can't believe Vegas has us favored by a field goal.

Splits
11-21-2015, 11:28 PM
We're not going to beat OkSt on the road tonight with the true frosh at QB. Can't believe Vegas has us favored by a field goal.

Thank Allah the 3rd stringer is worth a shit.

Splits
11-21-2015, 11:30 PM
1) Clemson
2) Alabama
3) Iowa
4) Oklahoma
5) Baylor
6) Michigan State
7) Notre Dame

Pelicans78
11-22-2015, 08:13 PM
1) Clemson
2) Alabama
3) Iowa
4) Oklahoma
5) Baylor
6) Michigan State
7) Notre Dame

Iowa's undefeated record is pure shit overall. They would get dominated by all the other teams on your list.

Why is Baylor higher than Notre Dame?

Splits
11-22-2015, 08:37 PM
Iowa's undefeated record is pure shit overall. They would get dominated by all the other teams on your list.

Seriously? ND 16. 3-8 BC 13.

Pelicans78
11-22-2015, 09:15 PM
Seriously? ND 16. 3-8 BC 13.

Thats one game. Gotta look at the body of work.

Obstructed_View
11-22-2015, 09:48 PM

The question is, why is Alabama still on the list? Notre Dame has one loss, which was by 2 points to the number one ranked team. Baylor has one loss, which is to the current number one FPI team with their backup quarterback. Alabama has one loss to Ole Miss, who despite three losses, has only dropped two spots in the rankings, three spots further than Baylor's one loss dropped them. Alabama, with their one loss, has gained a spot in the rankings.

pgardn
11-22-2015, 09:52 PM
Ohio State has not even played a top 25 team.

We must always remember that being National Champs gives you points for the next year. How many points, we will never know. Ohio St. should not be in the top 4, but because they won last year and SHOULD be better this year, they are.

Pelicans78
11-22-2015, 10:44 PM
The question is, why is Alabama still on the list? Notre Dame has one loss, which was by 2 points to the number one ranked team. Baylor has one loss, which is to the current number one FPI team with their backup quarterback. Alabama has one loss to Ole Miss, who despite three losses, has only dropped two spots in the rankings, three spots further than Baylor's one loss dropped them. Alabama, with their one loss, has gained a spot in the rankings.

Quit being so biased all the team. This is the problem with this particular board. Too many biased Big 12 fans.

The fact is, its not just about one loss or just about who you lost to, but also about the overall body of work and Baylor's body of work doesn't compare to Bama. Both teams have losses at home. Bama lost to Ole Miss who's obviously inferior to OU. But Bama has beaten better teams overall compared to Baylor. Bama has 7 wins against P5 teams with winning record (Wisconsin, Georgia, A&M, Arky, Miss St, LSU, Tennessee) while Baylor just has 3 wins against P5 teams with a winning record (WV, Texas Tech, Okie St). That's a big difference.

Silver&Black
11-23-2015, 12:34 AM
Quit being so biased all the time. This is the problem with this particular board. Too many biased Big 12 fans.

The fact is, its not just about one loss or just about who you lost to, but also about the overall body of work and Baylor's body of work doesn't compare to Bama. Both teams have losses at home. Bama lost to Ole Miss who's obviously inferior to OU. But Bama has beaten better teams overall compared to Baylor. Bama has 7 wins against P5 teams with winning record (Wisconsin, Georgia, A&M, Arky, Miss St, LSU, Tennessee) while Baylor just has 3 wins against P5 teams with a winning record (WV, Texas Tech, Okie St). That's a big difference.

Just stop it Pelican....You're making way too much gotdamn sense.

Blake
11-23-2015, 10:38 AM
Quit being so biased all the team. This is the problem with this particular board. Too many biased Big 12 fans.

Says LSU fan pimping the SEC.

Pelicans78
11-23-2015, 12:23 PM
Says LSU fan pimping the SEC.

I'm not a LSU fan. My teams are South Alabama and Tulane.

Blake
11-23-2015, 12:32 PM
I'm not a LSU fan. My teams are South Alabama and Tulane.

Ok, an SEC area fan. Neat.

Pelicans78
11-23-2015, 12:41 PM
Ok, an SEC area fan. Neat.

Who happens to be spilling facts on this Big 12 biased forum. Same story with Baylor fans every year on here. They play a shitty schedule while getting ranked in the top 5 unnecessarily and suffer a beatdown in a big game, and then complain when they don't get a shot at the championship. Its not like they play a Big 12 title game or a P5 school OOC. Oklahoma has a legitimate argument this year while TCU did last year which I always maintained whether I live in the South or not.

Blake
11-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Who happens to be spilling facts on this Big 12 biased forum. Same story with Baylor fans every year on here. They play a shitty schedule while getting ranked in the top 5 unnecessarily and suffer a beatdown in a big game, and then complain when they don't get a shot at the championship. Its not like they play a Big 12 title game or a P5 school OOC. Oklahoma has a legitimate argument this year while TCU did last year which I always maintained whether I live in the South or not.

yeah I think even Baylor fan knows they play a shitty ooc schedule. But when the SEC schedules shitty ooc teams too, then stats crying "but we play a few less shitty teams and the SEC gauntlet is so tough :cry" when called out seems pretty lame.

Especially when schools like the Citadel, Jacksonville St and Florida Atlantic shoulda coulda gone 3-0 against then this year.

Blake
11-23-2015, 12:56 PM
And of course the Tech Okie wins on SEC turf...

Pelicans78
11-23-2015, 02:14 PM
yeah I think even Baylor fan knows they play a shitty ooc schedule. But when the SEC schedules shitty ooc teams too, then stats crying "but we play a few less shitty teams and the SEC gauntlet is so tough :cry" when called out seems pretty lame.

Especially when schools like the Citadel, Jacksonville St and Florida Atlantic shoulda coulda gone 3-0 against then this year.

So you're saying Baylor should get in over Bama?

Silver&Black
11-23-2015, 02:17 PM
You can't tell Blake anything. The moment the SEC is brought up he turns into the ultimate hater.

Clemson played Wofford and Appalachian State this year....I don't hear any shit talking about their OOC schedule. The fact of the matter is that most championship contenders schedule cupcake ooc games. Yet, he only talks shit when the SEC teams do it.

Newsflash........the majority of contenders do it.

Pelicans78
11-23-2015, 02:21 PM
Also the majority of SEC teams play at least one P5 out of conference.

Silver&Black
11-23-2015, 02:27 PM
And they also have a conference championship game they must win...

Just like all P5 conferences...oops my bad....not all of them do.

Avante
11-23-2015, 02:53 PM
The days of Alabama vs Western Illinois are coming to an end. Why not just play every team in your conference? Then the best non conference ya can, to get the 12?

Meaning ND needs to find a conference. The Big10?

Blake
11-23-2015, 03:10 PM
You can't tell Blake anything.

Then don't. Just do like you're doing and use your bias against me to say I'm biased against the SEC. It's easier than using real arguments.

Blake
11-23-2015, 03:14 PM
So you're saying Baylor should get in over Bama?

No. But Oklahoma fans have a good argument as to how unfair it is where they're at compared to Bama.

There's no good explanation for it other than bias.

Avante
11-23-2015, 03:15 PM
Look at this little prick, just here to bug the grown ups. Sad~~~~

Blake
11-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Look at this little prick, just here to bug the grown ups. Sad~~~~

Look at this fat ol fuck just here to talk about me.

While you're here, I command you to post a stupid list or a YouTube that nobody cares about. Your choice.

Now. Hop to it.

Splits
11-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Also the majority of SEC teams play at least one P5 out of conference.

And have 4 OOC games, scheduling 3 against scrubs, just like the rest of P5.

Splits
11-23-2015, 03:48 PM
And they also have a conference championship game they must win...

Just like all P5 conferences...oops my bad....not all of them do.

Except NCAA rules prevent the Big 12 from having a conf champ game... There is that...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25139160/big-12-acc-conference-championship-game-restrictions-to-be-relaxed-by-2016

Blake
11-23-2015, 03:52 PM
Yeah I'm still not getting the big deal of having a conference championship game. So Bama beats a down Florida team like they're supposed to. What does that prove?

Blake
11-23-2015, 03:58 PM
And have 4 OOC games, scheduling 3 against scrubs, just like the rest of P5.

Bama plays 8 conference games this year. 9 with the SEC title game.

Big 12 teams all play 9 conference games every year.

it's a silly argument that a conference needs a title game.

Splits
11-23-2015, 04:02 PM
Bama plays 8 conference games this year. 9 with the SEC title game.

Big 12 teams all play 9 conference games every year.

it's a silly argument that a conference needs a title game.

It's even sillier when one conference is NOT ALLOWED to have a conference title game and then use it against their best team to prevent them from getting into the playoff.

Blake
11-23-2015, 04:12 PM
It's even sillier when one conference is NOT ALLOWED to have a conference title game and then use it against their best team to prevent them from getting into the playoff.

Of course, the big 12 could just add a couple of cream puff schools to the conference like Arkansas State and Georgia State, stick them in the north division and have a pansy play in the championship against the South winner. That'll make everyone happy.

Blake
11-23-2015, 04:13 PM
Oh, and tell those schools they won't get full member benefits until the year 2050.

Pelicans78
11-23-2015, 04:36 PM
My top 4 right now would be Clemson, Bama, OU, and Notre Dame. Fuck Iowa and their easy schedule.

Pelicans78
11-23-2015, 04:38 PM
I think we will end up seeing Clemson, Bama, OU, and Michigan State in the playoffs.

Bama/OU in the Cotton Bowl.

Clemson/Michigan State in the Orange Bowl.

Pelicans78
11-23-2015, 04:40 PM
I'm thinking Notre Dame will lose at Stanford, and Michigan State will beat Iowa. I expect Bama and OU to win out.

Clemson could have a tough game against North Carolina.

Blake
11-23-2015, 04:45 PM
It all comes back to how retarded it is to have four playoff spots with five power conferences plus notre dame

Pelicans78
11-23-2015, 04:50 PM
It all comes back to how retarded it is to have four playoff spots with five power conferences plus notre dame

Yeah someone could be left out like last year in the Big 12.

I'm thinking the Pac-12 and Notre Dame will be left out this year.

Pelicans78
11-23-2015, 04:56 PM
The Pirate is one last second loss to Portland State and a missed FG against Stanford from being a one loss team and having a chance to win the Pac-12 title.

Blake
11-23-2015, 05:29 PM
The Pirate is one last second loss to Portland State and a missed FG against Stanford from being a one loss team and having a chance to win the Pac-12 title.

Yeah they're lucky to have him up there.

Blake
11-23-2015, 05:34 PM
Yeah someone could be left out like last year in the Big 12.

I'm thinking the Pac-12 and Notre Dame will be left out this year.

I wonder what would happen if Clemson loses the ACC title game.

Or if Bama gets stunned by Auburn but still crushes Florida.

Pelicans78
11-23-2015, 05:34 PM
Yeah they're lucky to have him up there.

Surprised he had to go all the way to Pullman, Washington just to get a P5 job. ESPN must have really done a number on his reputation.

Blake
11-23-2015, 05:36 PM
Surprised he had to go all the way to Pullman, Washington just to get a P5 job. ESPN must have really done a number on his reputation.

I think that's part of it. I think his maverick personality is another part of it.

Pelicans78
11-23-2015, 05:39 PM
I wonder what would happen if Clemson loses the ACC title game.

Or if Bama gets stunned by Auburn but still crushes Florida.

Chaos. That's for sure. Assuming Michigan State and Ohio State win out, plus Baylor and the winner of OSU/OU game will all have one loss. And Clemson and UNC. Don't forget Iowa. That leaves 7 potentially P5 teams with one loss.

I think Michigan State, the Big 12 champs will get in for sure. That leaves two spots. I bet OHio State would get one of those. That leaves Baylor, Clemson, and UNC who would be the conference champs. I'm guessing UNC would get that spot due to being a conference champ.

Michigan State versus UNC in the Orange Bowl

Big 12 champ versus OSU in the Cotton Bowl

Silver&Black
11-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Except NCAA rules prevent the Big 12 from having a conf champ game... There is that...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25139160/big-12-acc-conference-championship-game-restrictions-to-be-relaxed-by-2016

Who's fault is it that teams leave the Big 12?

And I could have sworn that the Big 12 commissioner said he didn't want to have a title game:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25175404/no-conference-championship-game-for-big-12-commissioner-says

After TCU (maybe the best team in the country last year) got snubbed.......there is no way in hell I would allow my conference to get left out because of the lack of a title game. The commissioner could have made a simple phone call and an exemption would have been made to the rule. But, as far as I can tell the commissioner doesn't want a title game.

OSU jumped over a lot of teams because they skull-fucked Wisconsin by 60. The title game can hurt you if you lose it....but can help out immensely if you win it.

Obstructed_View
11-23-2015, 08:26 PM
Yeah, in a world where ESPN owns the SEC network, biased Big 12 fans are the problem. :lol

The fact is, its not just about one loss or just about who you lost to, but also about the overall body of work and Baylor's body of work doesn't compare to Bama.
That's what they're saying this year. Last year, Baylor's one loss not being as good as others' one loss was repeatedly used as an argument against them, but SEC fans shut the argument down when it's used this year. It's really easy to move the goalposts when you control the narrative.

But Bama has beaten better teams overall compared to Baylor. Bama has 7 wins against P5 teams with winning record (Wisconsin, Georgia, A&M, Arky, Miss St, LSU, Tennessee) while Baylor just has 3 wins against P5 teams with a winning record (WV, Texas Tech, Okie St). That's a big difference.
And this horseshit is cherry picked to be the most favorable to the SEC and happily regurgitated by you and others.

The SEC has more teams, they each play different conference opponents in their schedule, and have five bad teams, so the losses are distributed, their bad teams absorb the losses, and middle teams have better records. Doesn't hurt that they were all ranked to start the season.

The Big 12 has four dominant teams at the top, only one terrible team, and everyone plays everyone, so that's a minimum of four losses for everyone with only one shot at an easy win, and that's before they even play each other. If you're calculating strength of schedule based on wins, then Iowa State is a terrible team. Their schedule looks awfully tough. An SEC team with that many quality losses would probably still be ranked. :lol

Obstructed_View
11-23-2015, 08:31 PM
Who's fault is it that teams leave the Big 12?

And I could have sworn that the Big 12 commissioner said he didn't want to have a title game:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25175404/no-conference-championship-game-for-big-12-commissioner-says

Complete idiots. Refusing to name a conference champ last year when the motto the whole year was "one true champion" is the stupidest thing ever. They allowed the talk about "quality of loss" to sink in, and they choked. I'm annoyed by the talking heads and the shell game of logic, but if your conference commissioner won't back you, none of the other problems matter.

Blake
11-23-2015, 11:01 PM
After TCU (maybe the best team in the country last year) got snubbed.......there is no way in hell I would allow my conference to get left out because of the lack of a title game.

It wasn't because of a lack of a title game, it was lack of declaring one champion.

If there was a title game, Baylor would have played the north division scrub and TCU would have been left out any way.

Pelicans78
11-24-2015, 02:55 PM
The lack of a title game wasn't the reason why the Big 12 was left out. What hurt the Big 12 was TCU not winning the conference and Baylor's strength of schedule. I'm fairly certain if TCU had the tie-breaker over Baylor and won the outright championship, they would have gotten in over Ohio State. Baylor never had a chance to be honest. But TCU were 3rd before the final week and fell to 6 mainly because they lost the Big 12 title when Baylor beat K-State.

Silver&Black
11-24-2015, 03:42 PM
Of course, the "One True Champion" and the Big 12 naming co-champs had a lot to do with them being left out.

I'm just telling you guys that Jeff Long (the Chairman) referenced the lack of a Big 12 title game. I've told all of you guys 100 times...it doesn't matter what I think, you think, or what some sports writer thinks. It only matters what the Playoff Committee thinks.........and him bringing it up tells me all I need to know. It might not be the "biggest factor", but it definitely factored into the equation.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/25/jeff-long-says-13th-games-were-factor-for-cfb-playoff-committee/

Blake
11-24-2015, 05:18 PM
Of course, the "One True Champion" and the Big 12 naming co-champs had a lot to do with them being left out.

I'm just telling you guys that Jeff Long (the Chairman) referenced the lack of a Big 12 title game. I've told all of you guys 100 times...it doesn't matter what I think, you think, or what some sports writer thinks. It only matters what the Playoff Committee thinks.........and him bringing it up tells me all I need to know. It might not be the "biggest factor", but it definitely factored into the equation.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/25/jeff-long-says-13th-games-were-factor-for-cfb-playoff-committee/

Well then the playoff committee needs to change, not the big 12.

Condi Rice for chrissakes

Silver&Black
11-24-2015, 08:15 PM
Condi Rice for chrissakes

Well we agree on that Blake.

Been saying that shit since the committee was formed. Condi fucking Rice......Jesus H. Christ.

Silver&Black
11-24-2015, 08:16 PM
New rankings as of 11/24:

1. Clemson
6. Notre Dame

2. Alabama
7. Baylor

3. Oklahoma
8. Ohio State

4. Iowa
9. Stanford

5. Michigan State
10. Michigan

pgardn
11-24-2015, 09:25 PM
So having a bunch of lobbying Conference Commisioners is better than Condi Rice...

Sure.

Actually the intrigue is what makes this so much fun. Just as long as OU does not get in I'm fine.

Avante
11-24-2015, 09:34 PM
No way ya can have Iowa there, to not play the top dogs in the Big10 is enought to keep them out. The other three...cool~~~~

Blake
11-24-2015, 09:51 PM
So having a bunch of lobbying Conference Commisioners is better than Condi Rice...

Sure.

Actually the intrigue is what makes this so much fun. Just as long as OU does not get in I'm fine.

Who said they prefer lobbying conference commissioners?

pgardn
11-24-2015, 10:09 PM
Who said they prefer lobbying conference commissioners?

Might as well have. You mention Condi Rive but NOT Barry Alvarez?
Cmon...

Silver&Black
11-24-2015, 10:34 PM
Might as well have. You mention Condi Rive but NOT Barry Alvarez?
Cmon...

Barry Alvarez did play football at some point in his life....

pgardn
11-24-2015, 10:41 PM
Barry Alvarez did play football at some point in his life....

Yes he did.

And he is a Big 10 lobbyist.

Silver&Black
11-24-2015, 10:47 PM
Yes he did.

And that should be prerequisite #1 for getting a spot on the committee.

pgardn
11-24-2015, 10:57 PM
And that should be prerequisite #1 for getting a spot on the committee.

Not IMO.

So does he get an automatic deal to get Iowa in this year if he makes sure two SEC teams get a shot next year if it's a fairly close decision?

Silver&Black
11-24-2015, 11:09 PM
Not IMO.

So does he get an automatic deal to get Iowa in this year if he makes sure two SEC teams get a shot next year if it's a fairly close decision?

I don't know how all the back room deals are made...You could be right.

I do know that Condi Rice hasn't played or coached one down of football in her life.

pgardn
11-24-2015, 11:23 PM
I don't know how all the back room deals are made...You could be right.

I do know that Condi Rice hasn't played or coached one down of football in her life.

There really is no way to please everyone on this.

It does make for some interesting stuff though.
Glad you started the thread.

Silver&Black
11-24-2015, 11:33 PM
There really is no way to please everyone on this.

It does make for some interesting stuff though.
Glad you started the thread.

It needed to be made by someone tbh...

That's what is go great about college football. (Unlike say the NBA) All teams do not play each other and there are hardly any "common opponents" when comparing two teams' resumes.

Leaves the fans with a lot to discuss.

pgardn
11-25-2015, 12:04 AM
It needed to be made by someone tbh...

That's what is go great about college football. (Unlike say the NBA) All teams do not play each other and there are hardly any "common opponents" when comparing two teams' resumes.

Leaves the fans with a lot to discuss.

Yep.

Now because I have no team of worth I gotta find a way to keep OU out.

AFBlue
11-26-2015, 02:51 PM

Road to the top-4 is clear. Beat TCU and UT, OSU wins Bedlam and Notre Dame loses to Stanford. The only argument would be a two-loss PAC-12 champ vs. a one-loss Big 12 champ. Considering Baylor's one loss would be to a likely committee top-10, Id say they're in.

AFBlue
11-26-2015, 02:54 PM

Baylor lost to a top-10 team in the country and then decimated another top-10 team on the road with their second and third string QB. Last year their loss to a middle-of-the-pack WVU team and the lack of being declared the sole Big 12 champion cost them dearly. If they're the outright Big 12 champ and only suffered that one loss to Oklahoma, they have a good shot to get in.

AFBlue
11-26-2015, 02:57 PM

To piggyback on the point I think you were about to make...Baylor DOMINATED their weak OOC schedule. Can't say the same for those SEC teams. It also doesn't help when teams like UCLA and Tennessee aren't willing to schedule against you because they know it's a loss.

pgardn
11-28-2015, 11:09 PM
Alabama should get a bye in the SEC championship. (No need for this game)
OU in.
HOPEFULLY Clemson.

Iowa is just not real. It's just not right.

Who for 4th? Michigan St. Got lucky and unlucky... Ohio St. Lost to mich st. at home but I would like to see them. No Iowa.

OU first out in the final 4 anyways...

Pelicans78
11-28-2015, 11:16 PM
OU and Bama are the top two teams.

Michigan State will get in. I think Clemson is the weakest out of those 4 teams.

pgardn
11-28-2015, 11:18 PM

Michigan State will get in. I think Clemson is the weakest out of those 4 teams.

I can see it but I hope you are wrong.
OU needs to lose. God sez so....

Silver&Black
11-28-2015, 11:21 PM
Starting to get good....

https://img.pandawhale.com/post-39510-birdman-hand-rub-gif-Imgur-otMs.gif

benefactor
11-28-2015, 11:49 PM

Never underestimate the power of Bob Stoops choking ability.

AFBlue
11-29-2015, 09:16 PM
Sorry Los Osos

Really awful game tbqh. Even if Baylor had pulled out the win, it would've been ugly. The interesting thing is that Baylor is in the exact same position irrespective of its loss, because OU is going to get into the CFP. Win against UT and Baylor is going to the Sugar Bowl.

AFBlue
11-29-2015, 09:20 PM
It'll be interesting to see where they slot MSU and tOSU after their wins on Saturday. Regardless, all three B1G teams should get to play in a New Years Six bowl.

Pelicans78
11-30-2015, 03:13 AM
Really awful game tbqh. Even if Baylor had pulled out the win, it would've been ugly. The interesting thing is that Baylor is in the exact same position irrespective of its loss, because OU is going to get into the CFP. Win against UT and Baylor is going to the Sugar Bowl.

Baylor, Okie St, and TCU would all be tied for 2nd in the Big 12. What is the tie-breaker to go to the Sugar Bowl?

Silver&Black
11-30-2015, 03:44 AM
Baylor, Okie St, and TCU would all be tied for 2nd in the Big 12. What is the tie-breaker to go to the Sugar Bowl?

Hope this will help:

Big 12 Tiebreaker Rules

Those are located here on the Big 12’s website (http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1546006). When you have a three-way (or greater) tie to be broken, there’s a multi-step process of elimination that occurs. Since we’re facing a real world scenario, I’ll take you through each step individually with the results. But first, here’s some of the most important language:
If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 4 will be followed until a determination is made. Once a team has been eliminated from a multi-team comparison, it is dropped from further comparisons. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the Champion.

(I added the emphasis.) So, we follow the procedures until there are only two teams left. Once you get down to two teams, head-to-head reigns. Got it? Cool. Let’s move to the first step.
1. The conference records of the three or more teams will be compared against each other.

No help whatsoever. Again, if Baylor beats Texas, then Baylor, OSU and TCU will all be 7–2 in-conference. We get no clarity from step 1. Let’s check out Step 2.
2. The conference records of the three or more teams will be compared against the next highest placed team(s) in the conference (4, 5 and 6….).
a. When comparing against the next highest placed teams, a two-way tie among the next highest placed teams will be broken by head-to-head before the comparison begins.
b. If more than a two-way tie exists among the next highest placed teams, record against the collective tied teams as a group will be used.

In this instance, we’d be comparing the records of Baylor, OSU and TCU against West Virginia (2a and b don't matter). We get no clarity here, either, since everyone beat WVU. All three teams lost to OU and each other. So, no additional help. Let’s move on to Step 3.
3. Scoring differential among the tied teams. The team with the lowest difference between points scored and points allowed in games vs. the tied teams are eliminated from consideration.

We’re looking only at the scoring differential of the games between the three tied teams. Baylor beat OSU by 10 and lost by 7 to TCU; the Bears’ scoring differential is +3. OSU’s scoring differential is +10 (beat TCU by 20, lost to us by 10). Thus, TCU’s scoring differential is –13. We now eliminate TCU from consideration. Here’s where there seemed to be some confusion. Some seemed to believe that point differential goes ahead and determines the final breakdown, but that’s not the case, as I mentioned above.
Now that we’re down to two teams, we stop using the 4-step process (Step 4 isn’t required in our scenario) and look at the head-to-head matchup between Baylor and OSU. Baylor beat OSU in Stillwater.
Under the Big 12 Conference tiebreaker procedures, Baylor would be considered the second place team for the purposes of determining who gets the Sugar Bowl bid.

http://www.ourdailybears.com/baylor-bears-2015-football-season/2015/11/29/9814894/big-12-tiebreaker-sugar-bowl-bid-procedures-explained-tcu-baylor-oklahoma-state

Pelicans78
11-30-2015, 03:52 AM
Nice. Thanks S&B.

I'm hoping Ole Miss gets the nod over Florida despite Florida finishing with a better conference record and beating Ole Miss. However that was with PED Grier. Treon Harris sucks.

Avante
12-01-2015, 12:59 AM
Clemson
Alabama
Oklahoma
Mich St

Silver&Black
12-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Going into Conference Championship week...no changes.

Top 10 right now...and the only teams that have a legitimate shot of making the Playoff:

http://i.imgur.com/SpISOYr.png

Silver&Black
12-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Iowa vs Michigan State winner is in....
Oklahoma is in....
I don't see Alabama losing to FLA in the SEC Championship game....so I'll say they're in.

Can North Carolina beat Clemson? :wakeup

North Carolina +5 vs Clemson (O/U is 67.5)

Blake
12-03-2015, 07:08 PM
Clemson is full of high rated recruits. It's about time they finally meet expectations.

They're gonna beat the shit out of NC imo.

Avante
12-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Clemson beat North Carolina 50-38 in 2014. Sure this is a better NC team but so is Clemson. I see something similiar.

Bama is in
Oklahoma is in
MSU will beat Iowa

No Pac12, bummer. Right now Oregon is hot, obviously no shot at all.

I do see those USC vs Hawaii games to come to an end, strength of schedule a big factor.

Silver&Black
12-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Clemson
Alabama
Oklahoma
Michigan St.

Gonna B Guud.

The only thing is what teams get #3 and #4. I think they'll stay with Oklahoma at #3 and move Michigan St. up to #4.

Pelicans78
12-06-2015, 09:01 AM
You could make a case for Michigan State being the 2nd seed. They have the same record as Bama with a tougher schedule. I do think Bama has been more impressive if you look at overall margin of victory, but both are 12-1 and Michigan State has the higher strength of schedule according to college football reference.

Pelicans78
12-06-2015, 09:05 AM
Clemson
Alabama
Oklahoma
Michigan St.

Gonna B Guud.

The only thing is what teams get #3 and #4. I think they'll stay with Oklahoma at #3 and move Michigan St. up to #4.

I think Oklahoma has been the more impressive team, but if you just compare wins and strength of schedule, I would put Michigan St ahead of OU. They beat Oregon, Michigan, Ohio State, and now a previously undefeated Iowa team. It's been ugly wins, but still wins. In fact, if you throw out margin of victory, you could argue Michigan State ahead of Bama. But I'm sticking with Bama ahead of Michigan State.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-06-2015, 09:38 AM
UNC was absolutely screwed

pgardn
12-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Michigan St. was gifted a win against Michigan and OU legitimately got thumped by Texas.

Who would be kind enough to remove OU and add Stanford? I am putting all of my energy into lobbying the committee, I think I will fail. Little help...

ND might have been the most impressive team on the year. They had quite a few injuries and I could see them winning two straight in the playoffs if given the chance.

Silver&Black
12-06-2015, 05:53 PM
I think Oklahoma has been the more impressive team, but if you just compare wins and strength of schedule, I would put Michigan St ahead of OU. They beat Oregon, Michigan, Ohio State, and now a previously undefeated Iowa team. It's been ugly wins, but still wins. In fact, if you throw out margin of victory, you could argue Michigan State ahead of Bama. But I'm sticking with Bama ahead of Michigan State.

I should have known that this committee favors conference championships. But, after looking at the resumes side by side....I'm perfectly fine with Michigan St. being #3 and Oklahoma dropping to #4.

pgardn
12-06-2015, 06:00 PM
We got teams with similar styles matched against each other.

I would rather have OU play Alabama as I think OUs speed on defense would be neutralized. I am scared OU can beat Clemson. I really don't want this. This was the worst matchup for me.

Go Tigers.

pgardn
12-06-2015, 06:04 PM
I should have known that this committee favors conference championships. But, after looking at the resumes side by side....I'm perfectly fine with Michigan St. being #3 and Oklahoma dropping to #4.

MSU just added a win against a ranked undefeated team while OU sat. That's enough. Alabama really had a tougher situation playing a team that just got crushed the week before. The only way for Alabama to move up would have had to include a Clemson loss.

Silver&Black
12-06-2015, 06:10 PM
Final Top 25 rankings:

http://i.imgur.com/hatqobW.png
http://i.imgur.com/zjFfWGH.png

Blake
12-06-2015, 10:28 PM
Damn how bad ass would the playoffs be if they were to add teams 5-8.

pgardn
12-06-2015, 10:33 PM

This year, badass.

Other years... Not so sure.

Blake
12-06-2015, 11:32 PM
This year, badass.

Other years... Not so sure.

Every year, tbh.

TCU got royally butt fucked last year. Would have loved to see what they could have done against Bama or Ohio St.

Pelicans78
12-06-2015, 11:38 PM

Would make the conference championship games almost meaningless. I like it at 4.

Also, games like the Stanford-Notre Dame at the end of the season would be meaningless too.

Pelicans78
12-06-2015, 11:40 PM
The only way to justify having 8 teams is to make the first round not a neutral site. That would reward the top 4 teams with homefield advantage. But to me 8 is too much.

Blake
12-06-2015, 11:43 PM
Would make the conference championship games almost meaningless.

The conference championship games have always been meaningless. Still are.

pgardn
12-06-2015, 11:58 PM
Every year, tbh.

TCU got royally butt fucked last year. Would have loved to see what they could have done against Bama or Ohio St.

For 8 teams? We have only done this 2 years... Maybe some sort of play in to start more than 4.
TCU could have won the entire thing.

Blake
12-07-2015, 12:05 AM
For 8 teams? We have only done this 2 years... Maybe some sort of play in to start more than 4.
TCU could have won the entire thing.

Every year they do 4, I can almost guarantee there'll be at least one worthy team left out.

Pelicans78
12-07-2015, 12:18 AM
I feel like all the worthy teams are in. All the other teams had their chances.

TCU arguably was a top 4-5 team. What hurt them was not winning the Big 12. Baylor was the legitimate Big 12 champs but their strength of schedule hurt them.

Avante
12-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Alabama - 10 vs MSU.

Hmmmm?

Blake
12-07-2015, 01:27 PM
I feel like all the worthy teams are in. All the other teams had their chances.

TCU arguably was a top 4-5 team. What hurt them was not winning the Big 12. Baylor was the legitimate Big 12 champs but their strength of schedule hurt them.

I don't like the one loss defending champs being left out. I think they'd beat the shit out of Clemson.

Pelicans78
12-07-2015, 01:35 PM
I don't like the one loss defending champs being left out. I think they'd beat the shit out of Clemson.

They probably would, but they didn't win their division and having them in would make the loss against Michigan State meaningless, especially if all the games were on a neutral field. I think if they want to go to 6 or 8 teams, they're going to have to make the 1st round on an opponent's homefield to make it fair to the top 4 seeds.

Blake
12-07-2015, 01:44 PM
I think if they want to go to 6 or 8 teams, they're going to have to make the 1st round on an opponent's homefield to make it fair to the top 4 seeds.

eh, there's no fair way to objectively determine who should be ranked top four to get home field in the first round. They'd have to keep it neutral. Especially for travel purposes.