PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Is Ran_le the worst defensive PF in the game? Faried 28 PTS / 15 REB in layup line

noob cake
11-04-2015, 01:02 AM
Lakers franchise player Ran_le

:lol

midnightpulp
11-04-2015, 01:04 AM
Juliana is awful on the defensive end. Dirk busted his ass too. He's too short armed.

TheGreatYacht
11-04-2015, 01:21 AM
Poor man's Dejuan Blair

InRareForm
11-04-2015, 01:42 AM
But but but.. he ain't scared of no one!

Raven
11-04-2015, 05:16 AM
he's awful on offensie too. can't make a jumper to save his life and all he does is carry the ball in a straight line to the rim, that has to be the easiest move to defend ever.

Killakobe81
11-04-2015, 08:16 AM
Basically still a rookie. Lakers have bigger concerns than Randle, tbh.

Bynumite
11-04-2015, 09:25 AM
This is basically his rookie season and he's probably better than any rookie not named Okafor/Towns right now.

It's funny you mention Faried because his career high (32 points) came against veteran Pau :lmao

Killakobe81
11-04-2015, 09:48 AM
This is basically his rookie season and he's probably better than any rookie not named Okafor/Towns right now.

It's funny you mention Faried because his career high (32 points) came against veteran Pau :lmao

Plus Oakafor is almost as bad on defense ..which is why I get why we dindt take Oakafor if that was our front-court it would be worse. But if Oakafor is better than Randle we should have drafted Oak then traded Randle.

Still think it's to early to panic over Druss or Randle. The dunk Randle threw down showed how explosive he can be. Key is getting a clue on defense and a jumper.

Raven
11-04-2015, 10:04 AM
He's unwatchable. Bad basketball on both sides of the floor. Awful player.

HarlemHeat37
11-04-2015, 10:06 AM
Randle has nice offensive potential, but ya, his defense is atrocious..doesn't help that he's playing with Byron Scott as his coach, of course..

I don't see a star, but he definitely has starter potential IMO..

Raven
11-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Randle has nice offensive potential, but ya, his defense is atrocious..doesn't help that he's playing with Byron Scott as his coach, of course..

I don't see a star, but he definitely has starter potential IMO..

he has 0 offensive potential, it will be funny in a year of two with all the offensive fouls, mark my words.

Killakobe81
11-04-2015, 11:19 AM
He's unwatchable. Bad basketball on both sides of the floor. Awful player.

Stop exaggerating. he actually has a solid handle can rebound and is a decent passer. his lack of faith in his right hand and jumper are disturbing but at least he isnt jacking up shots he is uncomfortable with.

Buddy Mignon
11-04-2015, 11:26 AM
He's playing like a good rookie.

Bynumite
11-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Spurfan so salty right now :lol

Sure, Russell has been underwhelming so far but spurfan can't stand to see the Lakers with 2 good young prospects in Randle and Clarkson. Take off the black and silver tinted glasses and you might be able to see the potential :lol

I'll give Randle a break on defense. Three starting rookies, old man Kobe and Byron Scott will only do so much on the defensive end.

Raven
11-04-2015, 12:21 PM
Stop exaggerating. he actually has a solid handle can rebound and is a decent passer. his lack of faith in his right hand and jumper are disturbing but at least he isnt jacking up shots he is uncomfortable with.

I'm really not, at best he can be jj hickson or brandon bass.

HarlemHeat37
11-04-2015, 12:31 PM
I could see Randle having a Carlos Boozer-like career, which would be pretty decent for the Lakers, tbh..Booz' had many flaws, but he had a good, productive run as a starter for multiple teams(not comparing their style of play, just potential production)

Not sure what to think about Clarkson, yet..

Medvedenko
11-04-2015, 06:33 PM
I could see Randle having a Carlos Boozer-like career, which would be pretty decent for the Lakers, tbh..Booz' had many flaws, but he had a good, productive run as a starter for multiple teams(not comparing their style of play, just potential production)

Not sure what to think about Clarkson, yet..

From what I see with Randle, is that he has a lot of time to work on his shot. If he gets that he'll be a solid if not a great offensive player with this speed and ferocity going to the rim at his size. Even Dirk mentioned that there's not many PF's that can do what he does. He's still only 20 years old as well. Also, Clarkson is going to be good as well and will have plenty of burn with this Laker team.

midnightpulp
11-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Spurfan so salty right now :lol

Sure, Russell has been underwhelming so far but spurfan can't stand to see the Lakers with 2 good young prospects in Randle and Clarkson. Take off the black and silver tinted glasses and you might be able to see the potential :lol

I'll give Randle a break on defense. Three starting rookies, old man Kobe and Byron Scott will only do so much on the defensive end.

Salty about what?

And you can give Ran_le all the breaks on defense you want, it won't magically make his arms 3" longer. Why do you think a 40 year old Dirk busted his ass the other night? And then in the next game, Ran_le made Faried look like the reincarnation of peak Shaq. Ran_le's offense is also weak. Once Denver adjusted by picking him earlier in the break (when takes away Ran_le's greatest offensive weapon: open space to drive) and made him go left, he was shut down.

He was the logical pick at 7 in that draft, but Ran_le isn't going to be the centerpiece of anything.

Clarkson looks nice. But let's see if he can score like that when he has to play defense.

And :lol Russell. Worst pick since Darko.

Bynumite
11-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Salty about what?

And you can give Ran_le all the breaks on defense you want, it won't magically make his arms 3" longer. Why do you think a 40 year old Dirk busted his ass the other night? And then in the next game, Ran_le made Faried look like the reincarnation of peak Shaq. Ran_le's offense is also weak. Once Denver adjusted by picking him earlier in the break (when takes away Ran_le's greatest offensive weapon: open space to drive) and made him go left, he was shut down.

He was the logical pick at 7 in that draft, but Ran_le isn't going to be the centerpiece of anything.

Clarkson looks nice. But let's see if he can score like that when he has to play defense.

Your boy Pau was giving away career nights like free candy in his last season as a Laker, Faried included. Like i said i'll give the rookie a break.

He's a top 3 rookie in scoring right now. You got some irrational expectations for a rookie 4 games deep in the season.

midnightpulp
11-04-2015, 10:29 PM
Your boy Pau was giving away career nights like free candy in his last season as a Laker, Faried included. Like i said i'll give the rookie a break.

He's a top 3 rookie in scoring right now. You got some irrational expectations for a rookie 4 games deep in the season.

So what? Is this the 80's? Who cares about PPG. Russell is shooting 34% and has like a 7 PER. Watching him compared to Mudiay (who isn't lighting up the per game stats, either) last night was a stark contrast. Mudiay generates assists off of drives, which is highly important in today's game. Russell can't even get inside the paint against Denver's gutted frontline.

It's not about stats. Watch Russell. Slow first step. Low acceleration. Low vertical. He's got good court vision, but you need more than that.

Raven
11-04-2015, 10:31 PM

perhaps it's time for you guys to revisit your opinions about those years. you know the years with kirby and nash and World Peace :lol

Bynumite
11-04-2015, 10:37 PM
So what? Is this the 80's? Who cares about PPG. Russell is shooting 34% and has like a 7 PER. Watching him compared to Mudiay (who isn't lighting up the per game stats, either) last night was a stark contrast. Mudiay generates assists off of drives, which is highly important in today's game. Russell can't even get inside the paint against Denver's gutted frontline.

It's not about stats. Watch Russell. Slow first step. Low acceleration. Low vertical. He's got good court vision, but you need more than that.

I was talking about Randle, i don't know why would you bring up Russell. I already admitted he's been trash so far.

midnightpulp
11-04-2015, 10:40 PM
I was talking about Randle, i don't know why would you bring up Russell. I already admitted he's been trash so far.

You said among rookies. But I guess Randle is officially a rook this season. Randle has potential to be a decent scorer if he develops a jumper, but he'll routinely get throttled on the defensive end.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/1/2/5258332/julius-randle-nba-draft-prospect-2013

da_suns_fan
11-04-2015, 11:06 PM
Salty about what?

If Randle is bad at defense, what does that make LaLostMah Footage?

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnxfaRGL3Nl2h9K/giphy.gif

DPG21920
11-04-2015, 11:51 PM
The problem is, like I've said, that Russ looks awful. Not rookie awful, but struggle against NBA athlete awful. Combine that with a poor coach and horrific role model (Kobe) and it does not bode well.

DPG21920
11-04-2015, 11:52 PM
If Randle is bad at defense, what does that make LaLostMah Footage?

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnxfaRGL3Nl2h9K/giphy.gif

This can't be real. Why don't you look at the overall team & individual defensive metrics vs one play then make your argument.

da_suns_fan
11-04-2015, 11:55 PM
This can't be real. Why don't you look at the overall team & individual defensive metrics vs one play then make your argument.

Why dont you look at the 19.6 million the Spurs are paying LaCapspace Wreckage before you make your argument.

DPG21920
11-04-2015, 11:56 PM
Why dont you look at the 19.6 million the Spurs are paying LaCapspace Wreckage before you make your argument.

That literally makes no sense.

da_suns_fan
11-05-2015, 12:01 AM
That literally makes no sense.

Its the context, stupid!

DPG21920
11-05-2015, 12:02 AM
Its the context, stupid!

Again, really makes no sense.

da_suns_fan
11-05-2015, 12:03 AM
Again, really makes no sense.

That's because youre fucking stupid.

DPG21920
11-05-2015, 12:06 AM
That's because youre fucking stupid.

Nah - your logic was just really poor. But you were very excited so let's just chalk it up to that & call it a night girl.

da_suns_fan
11-05-2015, 12:07 AM
Nah - your logic was just really poor. But you were very excited so let's just chalk it up to that & call it a night girl.

Good boy. Give up before your head starts to hurt.

DPG21920
11-05-2015, 12:08 AM
That doesn't make any sense ^

da_suns_fan
11-05-2015, 12:12 AM
That doesn't make any sense ^

That post is about as good as LaMarha's 20 million dollar defense!

:lol

Clipper Nation
11-05-2015, 12:14 AM
Gotta admit, Clarkson is nice. Don't think he'll be a star or anything, but he's a real solid player.

Randle is mediocre with a low ceiling.

D'Bust is a scrub.

midnightpulp
11-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Holy shit this guy is bad. 30 points given up to Crissy :lol

Raven
11-10-2015, 09:59 PM
he had the most hilarious defensive play of the year. Literally left his own man (maybe thinking of a switch) to guard another, and the guy just walked freely to the rim for a layup :lol

LarryDavid
11-10-2015, 10:02 PM

Splits
11-10-2015, 10:06 PM

:lmao holy shit look at the body language. Nobody wants to take any responsibility.

spurraider21
11-10-2015, 10:26 PM
:rollin

MI21
11-10-2015, 11:53 PM
He seems like a guy who's ceiling is a 25MPG guy off the bench that can provide inconsistent moments of good play, tbh

100%duncan
11-11-2015, 12:09 AM

This faggot wishes he should have stayed injured.