PDA

View Full Version : WTF? 5.9 BILLION sale for Candy Crush?

CosmicCowboy
11-04-2015, 02:40 PM
My wife plays that shit for free all the time. How do they get that kind of valuation? It's not like facebook where they build user profiles they can sell to marketers for targeted advertising.

boutons_deux
11-04-2015, 02:54 PM
The Real Economy

baseline bum
11-04-2015, 04:55 PM
My wife plays that shit for free all the time. How do they get that kind of valuation? It's not like facebook where they build user profiles they can sell to marketers for targeted advertising.

I imagine that game is an enormous cash cow since it's pay to win. Tons of people will pay $1 here and there for extra pieces or more chances when they die, and the levels get hard and frustrating really quickly. Instead of selling it for $30 one time they can get suckers to spend $1 here or $3 there over and over for years. Minecraft sold for $2 billion a few months ago, and it isn't able to bleed people slowly like Candy Crush.

ChumpDumper
11-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Plus they take all your facebook and phone information and sell it. They don't have to build that info, it's just all there.

boutons_deux
11-04-2015, 05:44 PM
Nine Out of Ten of the Internet’s Top Websites Are Leaking Your Data

http://motherboard.vice.com/en_uk/read/9-out-of-10-of-the-internets-top-websites-are-leaking-your-data

ElNono
11-04-2015, 06:03 PM

Is your wife name Joan, lives in north San Antonio, cooked brisket last Tuesday and loves JCPenney? That's how. :lol