PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Tbh, guys who are infatuated in analytics, why do you think Russell will bust?

RsxPiimp
11-04-2015, 08:25 PM
See, Hinkie is all about analytics. He doesn't even have basketball people in the draft room during draft night. Guess who's Hinkie's guy this past draft? No, its not Okafor :lol given a chance, the best analytical mind in the business would also pick Russel over Okafor :lol

"Although he has remained quiet throughout the process, the common belief is that Hinkie will take Ohio State guard D'Angelo Russell with the third overall pick. Citing several league sources, CBSSports.com reported that the Sixers are interested in trading up with the Los Angeles Lakers (second) to ensure that they'll get the 6-foot-5, 193-pounder"

The glimpse

The backbone of the efficiency/analytics approach to offense is that the goal of every possession is to get one of three types of shots: a dunk/layup, a three point shot, or a trip to the foul line. It has been proven that these shots produce the highest level of points per possession which, simply put, is what every team wants. After all, the goal is to still score more points than your opponent.

Look at the above tweet again. Nine of Russell’s 11 assists led to the exact type of shots efficiency hounds crave.

The Efficiency:

Russell had a high usage rate at Ohio State but maintained high efficiency. He ranked in the top five in the Big Ten in assist percentage, 3-point percentage and Player Efficiency Rating. His defensive rebound rate of 15.4 percent is the best of any college point guard

His contributions to winning:

Accounting for all of the ways that Russell contributed to his team, he added more win shares than any other freshman last season and the most by a freshman guard in the last five seasons.

Career projections:
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/KnvbrbvvycQ5OiKRuYGUiaqgG8A=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4143576/screenshot.5.0.jpg

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/BoQZ0_TZewGsMsxI3H3jui4cHc4=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4143584/screenshot.6.0.jpg

So why is Okafor's stat padding being praised on a board obessesed with analytics/advance statistics? :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-04-2015, 08:31 PM
I don't have an opinion on Russell, yet, unfair to criticize him right now with the situation he's been put in..

Okafor looks really nice as a scorer, terrible as a passer, he's in a rough situation, too..

However, to answer the question in the title, Hinkie being an analytics guy may hold some weight, but it doesn't mean as much as the Lakers' front office liking Russell, which is the biggest reason to be skeptical about him:lol..

midnightpulp
11-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Nothing to with analytics. Russell is ungodly slow. You can't get away with being slow at the pg position in the modern nba.

Raven
11-04-2015, 09:48 PM
I was pretty sure, very early in the draft process that philly considered Russell strongly, as a way to desperately make the lakers draft him. When the draft came and they took russell, I was so happy. I'm sure philly considered Russell, but strictly because they have no backcourt and they already had 2 allegedly "franchise" bigs.

Venti Quattro
11-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Nobody gives a shit. The Lakers had Okafor on the table and they picked D'Angelo Jenner

Expert
11-04-2015, 10:07 PM
He's playing along side Kobe.

Splits
11-05-2015, 12:19 AM
Nobody gives a shit. The Lakers had Okafor on the table and they picked D'Angelo Jenner

:lol

daslicer
11-05-2015, 02:18 AM
I was pretty sure, very early in the draft process that philly considered Russell strongly, as a way to desperately make the lakers draft him. When the draft came and they took russell, I was so happy. I'm sure philly considered Russell, but strictly because they have no backcourt and they already had 2 allegedly "franchise" bigs.

I remember the Sixers were hyping up how they wanted to draft Towns or Russell a few weeks before the Lottery. I wonder now if they were hyping up Russell as a hedge in case they didn't get a top 2 pick and fell to 3 in hopes the Lakers would be stupid enough to pick him.

Kidd K
11-05-2015, 05:17 AM
Could it be because the Lakers are one of the worst teams in the league with one of the worst average losing deficits in the league and nobody gives a fuck about what happened on the few passes he made that ended up resulting in points?

He's playing for the Lol-kers. Their entire games are pretty much "garbage time" since they give up so many points, yet he still can't crack 3 APG and 3/4ths of the time shoots under 31%.

Also I just looked up the Lakers' team stats. Speaking of advanced stats, of all Lakers, who has BOTH the lowest offense and defensive ratings on the team of anyone playing 20+ MPG? Russell.

You really cherry-picked an obscure stat there tbh.

StrengthAndHonor
11-07-2015, 10:09 AM
He's going to be an elite player.

Buddy Mignon
11-07-2015, 10:12 AM
Could it be because the Lakers are one of the worst teams in the league with one of the worst average losing deficits in the league and nobody gives a fuck about what happened on the few passes he made that ended up resulting in points?

He's playing for the Lol-kers. Their entire games are pretty much "garbage time" since they give up so many points, yet he still can't crack 3 APG and 3/4ths of the time shoots under 31%.

Also I just looked up the Lakers' team stats. Speaking of advanced stats, of all Lakers, who has BOTH the lowest offense and defensive ratings on the team of anyone playing 20+ MPG? Russell.

Care to share how Lamarsha is doing.

Buddy Mignon
11-07-2015, 10:13 AM
He's going to be an elite player.

Buddy Mignon
11-07-2015, 10:18 AM

They had no need for another PF with Embiid. Just so happens he's injury prone and they were forced to pick Okafor. If they had the second pick they would have drafted Russell. We had no need for Okafor because we have a stud in Randle. Randle has more upside than Okafor. Okafor has a better post game and that's it. Randle will be a force. I have to admit... I'm glad Okafor is proving his doubters wrong. He's taking care of business. Russell is two seasons away from being the player I expect him to be, which is a Bibby with insane court vision.

InRareForm
11-07-2015, 01:42 PM
Give him some time.

Everyone expects results NOW

in a way, bigs have it easier because its easier to rebound and block and be a presence imo. guards you gotta work harder

Raven
11-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Give him some time.

Everyone expects results NOW

in a way, bigs have it easier because its easier to rebound and block and be a presence imo. guards you gotta work harder

it's really not about the production..

100%duncan
11-08-2015, 06:56 AM

:lmao

StrengthAndHonor
11-08-2015, 10:49 AM
it's really not about the production..
Of course it is. People are trashing the Lakers choice because Okafor solidly putting up offensive numbers. Though his rebounding is a turn off, 5.6 RPG is quite awful:lol

Koolaid_Man
11-08-2015, 10:52 AM

I'm just gonna call that niqqer D'jango Bustle

CitizenDwayne
11-08-2015, 11:14 AM
Because Okafor is better.

Raven
11-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Of course it is. People are trashing the Lakers choice because Okafor solidly putting up offensive numbers. Though his rebounding is a turn off, 5.6 RPG is quite awful:lol

it's not about the production, it's about the upside. D-bust has clearly shown that he has a very low ceiling, being too slow and unathletic to impact both offense or defense. Sure he may develop a reliable jumper but really there's not much difference between him and jimmer. His passing vision was also massively overblown. If Kendall Marshall can't be a good player in the league, I don't see a scenario where d-bust could.

td4mvp2k
11-08-2015, 11:55 AM
He's going to be an elite player.like Livingston :tu

Splits
11-08-2015, 10:00 PM
I'm just gonna call that niqqer D'jango Bustle

That's not what you were calling him a few months ago...

Not trying to trash the Spurs at all...Tbh....as an individual player D-aJango is also better than Duncan....tbh....

The spurs are just old as fuck...

This kid is like Magic Johnson....I have hopes he will contribute first season like Magic did....I expect him to be an Allstar this season....he should be taking someones spot tbh....

I didnt say he was better than Magic but he will be a Magic type player..he's big and passing is his specialty....he shoots it at a higher clip than Magic...he controls the offense..the pace and flow....he sees the game in a different speed which is what you need if you're going for GOAT status

Check with a few Laker fans..the Okafer thing was nothing but a troll Job on Spur fan...i sent them a PM telling them I was gonna do it....Russell or Towns were my guys..I just happen to think Russell will end up shitting all over Okafer and Towns tbh...Russell is better than Towns

HemisfairArena
11-08-2015, 10:09 PM
Lakers have become the Knicks,,,,

Kidd K
11-09-2015, 04:44 AM
They had no need for another PF with Embiid. Just so happens he's injury prone and they were forced to pick Okafor. If they had the second pick they would have drafted Russell. We had no need for Okafor because we have a stud in Randle. Randle has more upside than Okafor. Okafor has a better post game and that's it. Randle will be a force. I have to admit... I'm glad Okafor is proving his doubters wrong. He's taking care of business. Russell is two seasons away from being the player I expect him to be, which is a Bibby with insane court vision.

Bibby had insane court vision tbh. Really underrated player imo

Pretty decent so far, thanks for asking

Jzone
11-09-2015, 05:10 AM
Like we woulda been so much better off with Okafor's soft ass. We already got one rookie big who can't defend worth a shit in Randle.

Raven
11-09-2015, 06:51 AM
Like we woulda been so much better off with Okafor's soft ass. We already got one rookie big who can't defend worth a shit in Randle.

indeed. It's pretty much the same, to have a guy who get's locked down by jose calderon and a guy who averages 20 points almost 6 rebounds and more than a block per game straight away in his rookie season when he's 19.

Jzone
11-09-2015, 10:40 AM
indeed. It's pretty much the same, to have a guy who get's locked down by jose calderon and a guy who averages 20 points almost 6 rebounds and more than a block per game straight away in his rookie season when he's 19.

Almost 6 rebounds? Impressive.

RsxPiimp
11-09-2015, 12:28 PM

:lmao omg

Cry Havoc
11-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Well, the PG position isn't typically the centerpiece to a title team unless you have someone historically good like Curry.

Having a "good" big man/front court player is much more important to both sides of the court than a "good" PG. If the Lakers were hoping that Russell would be a HOFer as he develops, there's nothing wrong with the pick. He's oversized for his position and seems to have some skill.

But I seriously doubt he reaches the transcendent level that can set LA up for title runs, or even playoff runs in the near future. And there are plenty of solid, serviceable PGs in the league right now, with several excellent PGs, so I don't think he's going to be valued as a possible trade for a superstar.

RsxPiimp
11-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Well, the PG position isn't typically the centerpiece to a title team unless you have someone historically good like Curry.

Having a "good" big man/front court player is much more important to both sides of the court than a "good" PG. If the Lakers were hoping that Russell would be a HOFer as he develops, there's nothing wrong with the pick. He's oversized for his position and seems to have some skill.

But I seriously doubt he reaches the transcendent level that can set LA up for title runs, or even playoff runs in the near future. And there are plenty of solid, serviceable PGs in the league right now, with several excellent PGs, so I don't think he's going to be valued as a possible trade for a superstar.
Small ball revolution disagrees...

Cry Havoc
11-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Small ball revolution disagrees...

It's not a revolution yet. Small ball title teams are still vastly the outliers.

2015 - GSW - Outlier with the best shooter in history.
2014 - Spurs - Can't really call that small ball with Tim Duncan in the paint and their best player a 6'8" SF with a massive armspan.
2013 - Heat - Again, driven by a 6'8" Point-Forward. Hardly small. Terrible PG.
2012 - Heat
2011 - Mavs - Tyson Chandler, Marion, and Dirk - Again, not even close to small ball. Good PG but way past his prime.

Raven
11-09-2015, 07:20 PM
Almost 6 rebounds? Impressive.

:lmao omg

well, i guess we will see today how many he can get when noel is not the designed rebounder..

RsxPiimp
11-09-2015, 09:28 PM
well, i guess we will see today how many he can get when noel is not the designed rebounder..

Horrible efficiency frm Okafor though 15 Rebs is a good improvement.

Despite that, just like at Duke, he's been a terrible defender allowing his opponents to score 51%.

Raven
11-09-2015, 09:31 PM

Despite that, just like at Duke, he's been a terrible defender allowing his opponents to score 51%.

he's actually been sound on D. doesn't jump on fakes, keeps his arms straight up, understands defensive roations ... strongly reminds of duncan with less athleticism. When they will have more weapons and the guards will actually make all those open threes, he'll be unstoppable.

RsxPiimp
11-09-2015, 09:40 PM
he's actually been sound on D. doesn't jump on fakes, keeps his arms straight up, understands defensive roations ... strongly reminds of duncan with less athleticism. When they will have more weapons and the guards will actually make all those open threes, he'll be unstoppable.
Statistical data disagrees tho
DFG inside 6 ft is at 51%

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1626143/tracking/defense/?p=jahlil-okafor

For comparison, KAT is doing a phenomenal job holding his man to 42%

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1626157/tracking/defense/

RsxPiimp
11-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Also, gotta give credit to Pau. He did a great job defensively on Oak during the first half (2-12)

Kawhitstorm
11-09-2015, 09:47 PM

LaMarsha is sitting pretty in 2nd place only behind the Dubs in the vaunted Western conference & he's just cruising at the moment. Marc Gasol on the other hand is sitting in his lockerroom wishing he had signed up to be Kawhi's wingman.:lol

Raven
11-09-2015, 09:48 PM
Statistical data disagrees tho
DFG inside 6 ft is at 51%

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1626143/tracking/defense/?p=jahlil-okafor

For comparison, KAT is doing a phenomenal job holding his man to 42%

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1626157/tracking/defense/
you don't use advanced analytics on a 6 game span.

Kawhitstorm
11-09-2015, 09:50 PM

He had as many defensive rebounds as Mirotic:lol

Kawhitstorm
11-09-2015, 09:59 PM
Career projections:
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/KnvbrbvvycQ5OiKRuYGUiaqgG8A=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4143576/screenshot.5.0.jpg

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/BoQZ0_TZewGsMsxI3H3jui4cHc4=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4143584/screenshot.6.0.jpg

Who the hell is doing WAR projection for players before they ever stepped a foot in the pros?:lol

Justice Winslow might end up having the best career WAR when it's all said & done.

Jzone
11-09-2015, 11:16 PM
Ya'll wanna see some real impact look at Towns not these two scrubs Russell and Okafor

DMC
11-09-2015, 11:24 PM
Ya'll wanna see some real impact look at Towns not these two scrubs Russell and Okafor
That's it, dismiss Okafor along with your guy as if they are the same.

RsxPiimp
11-09-2015, 11:37 PM
you don't use advanced analytics on a 6 game span.
:lmao you can, in this day and age, any statistical data be it small or large is widely accepted.

otherwise we're left using the ever reliable eye test or raw stats.

Jzone
11-09-2015, 11:38 PM
That's it, dismiss Okafor along with your guy as if they are the same.

And yall stay on his nuts as if he's the next tim duncan

RsxPiimp
11-09-2015, 11:40 PM
Who the hell is doing WAR projection for players before they ever stepped a foot in the pros?:lol

Justice Winslow might end up having the best career WAR when it's all said & done.

It's just a projection based on their collegiate career, I agree it's non applicable in the pros but since we're talking about potentials, it's not a bad stat.

Winslow is a beast tho, his defensive impact is undeniable, much more coming from a wing player

Justise Winslow has had an immediate impact for the Miami Heat on defense.

Winslow has defended LeBron James, James Harden, Paul George and DeMar DeRozan.

Among players to defend at least 50 field goal attempts this season, Winslow ranks tied for third in the NBA in defensive field goal percentage (32.8%) with San Antonio's Kawhi Leonard (32.8%) and Minnesota's Ricky Rubio (32.8).

In defensive field goal differential, Winslow ranks 12th in the NBA.

“He’s confusing me," said Chris Bosh. "You always want to kind of be easy on the rookies, but he is raising the bar every game with his maturity and ability and knack to play defense. I’ve never seen anything like it as long as I’ve been in this league from a rookie. He’s not making many mistakes. He’s playing solid defense. He’s already built like a tank. Him just being able to move his feet is helping us out a lot.”

DMC
11-10-2015, 12:40 AM
And yall stay on his nuts as if he's the next tim duncan
We didn't have a chance to draft him though... lol

100%duncan
11-10-2015, 01:36 AM

Or Porzingis

tee hee

RsxPiimp
01-08-2016, 01:13 AM
+28
:hat

DMC
01-08-2016, 01:14 AM
+28
L

RsxPiimp
01-08-2016, 01:15 AM
L

Oh my. Good night POPs.

Reck
01-08-2016, 01:18 AM
+28

Your sample size sucks.

One solid game. Woop woop.

Splits
01-08-2016, 01:22 AM
+28

http://i.imgur.com/nWSkyE5.png

DMC
01-08-2016, 01:33 AM
Your sample size sucks.

One solid game. Woop woop.
Misconception that scoring points is a solid game. He was shit on defense, a sieve. He had his 3 going and attacked the rim. Otherwise he did not have a good game. He shows promise though, but that other congo running Hutu named Randle, that motherfucker looks like Bernie Mac and Dikembe had a baby together.

midnightpulp
01-08-2016, 01:41 AM
The first bump after 3 months :lmao

StrengthAndHonor
01-08-2016, 01:41 AM
Misconception that scoring points is a solid game. He was shit on defense, a sieve. He had his 3 going and attacked the rim. Otherwise he did not have a good game. He shows promise though, but that other congo running Hutu named Randle, that motherfucker looks like Bernie Mac and Dikembe had a baby together.

DMC
01-08-2016, 08:30 AM

Expected from a Clippers fan.

RsxPiimp
01-08-2016, 11:30 AM
The first bump after 3 months :lmao
midnightpulp:hat
"D'Bust's lateral quickness is shit"

Raven
01-08-2016, 12:04 PM
dbust has been the worst player in the league, showing the least potential after randle. sorry lakerfans, it ain't working :lol.

Killakobe81
01-08-2016, 12:08 PM
dbust has been the worst player in the league, showing the least potential after randle. sorry lakerfans, it ain't working :lol.

And your back to your normal foolishness do you really believe what you write?

StrengthAndHonor
01-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Expected from a Clippers fan.
Your claim is ridiculous. The Lakers were down 27 point through the third quarter. Russell took over the pace. Attacked the basket, shot well in the field and best of all involved his teammates in the process.

Calling a 27/2/4 in 28 mins "not a good game" is idiotic.

http://youtu.be/JjjRB9tedfU

Raven
01-08-2016, 01:23 PM
Your claim is ridiculous. The Lakers were down 27 point through the third quarter. Russell took over the pace. Attacked the basket, shot well in the field and best of all involved his teammates in the process.

Calling a 27/2/4 in 28 mins "not a good game" is idiotic.

http://youtu.be/JjjRB9tedfU

calling any garbage time statpadding as a good game is idiotic

RsxPiimp
02-23-2016, 06:03 PM

Everything people loved and hated about Jahlil Okafor coming out of Duke and all of his strengths and his weaknesses were on full display on Sunday. On one side of the ledger, he had 31 points and 8 rebounds on 19 shots. On the other side, he had the worst plus/minus (-28) of anyone on the team.

As far as his defense goes, the less said about it the better. The basic problem is that he's slow and he's checked out on that side of the ball.

There's no better example of the effect that Jahlil has on his teammates than Nerlens. When Jahlil is in, Nerlens is floating around the perimeter on offense, not doing anything all that useful and trying to take guys off the dribble and aimlessly firing bullet passes through traffic. On defense, he's chasing perimeter 4's around the 3-point line and he's way out of position to grab rebounds. When Jahlil is out, Nerlens is a rim-rolling menace on offense and a high-level rim protector on defense.

RsxPiimp
02-23-2016, 06:06 PM
Meanwhile in LA...

Russell does not boast standout speed in a league with more sprinters who double as point guards than ever, but the threat of jumpers like this will keep his man off balance enough that he will be able to get to the basket anyway.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/tJ15Y8Rmpw1HFxPF8-Cwq7sFCX0=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6082527/Russell_1_polished_mid-range.0.gif

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/MWQkpSOFQXhFJZywxhpNDUcH1mU=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6082537/Russell_4_recover_three.0.gif

Another way Russell is able to get easy looks at the bucket are his better-than-advertised post-up skills:

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/zQz28lHRa3g2QBIG_kPTu6X_koM=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6082535/Russell_3_quick_post_up.0.gif

Russell is able to seamlessly make plays for his teammates. Actions like this are one of the ways Russell's above-average size for the point guard position give him an advantage, and it's an aspect of his game he should look to continue developing over summer...

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/uTvEIa6_aGAiOT6in4DHxPM7jf4=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6082531/Russell_assist_1_randle.0.gif

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/QorVE3E5lNChUTCGYOPVYy40nSI=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6082529/Russell_assist_2_magic_pass.0.gif

midnightpulp get yo butt in here :lmao

Buddy Mignon
02-23-2016, 06:28 PM
Give me two more years with this kid. His post up game is nice and that mid range is wet.

Killakobe81
02-23-2016, 06:51 PM
the hate on the kid is silly. He has talent. Again unless we are talking KAT who we had no choice on ...or Porzy who many felt was a bigger risk I am fine with Russell. Oak is gonna be good too but I get the gamble on Russ.

RsxPiimp
02-23-2016, 06:53 PM
Give me two more years with this kid. His post up game is nice and that mid range is wet.

this kid will definitely flourish under a different coach. 24, 8 and 5 is gonna be his career arc. I knew okafor will be a bust since day 1.

big men with no defense , atrocious ft% and a questionable work ethic.... i'm givin that dude 5 years in the league, tops. :rollin

DPG21920
02-23-2016, 06:55 PM
The issue is there have not been any home runs. At best, Julius and Russ have good, but not special ceilings. For this much circus and this much losing, you should have better to show for it.

Much like Boston, while they tanked and gathered some assets, they sort of whiffed on any game changers. They have some OK depth pieces, like LA, but when you lose this much for this long you should have more to show for it.

Killakobe81
02-23-2016, 07:09 PM
The issue is there have not been any home runs. At best, Julius and Russ have good, but not special ceilings. For this much circus and this much losing, you should have better to show for it.

Much like Boston, while they tanked and gathered some assets, they sort of whiffed on any game changers. They have some OK depth pieces, like LA, but when you lose this much for this long you should have more to show for it.

Still think Russ can be very good Randle just good. But drafting is not an exact science. they missed the playoffs two straight years. They got two young pieces with talent. No sure-fire stud but I saw only one pre-draft and the Wolves took him. was hoping their FO was as dumb as the nimrods here that were sucking off Oak as Ducanesque would take him and leave us KAT. but no dice. The same college analytics that loved KAt loved Russ even more. Not ready to say he wont be special but so far I was probably right only one true stud though Porzy looks like he may make that two ...

RsxPiimp
02-23-2016, 07:25 PM

Scott's approach of valuing results over process has been ham-fistedly messing with the development of these rookies (with Scott’s catering to Kobe and/or vets, yanking around Russell’s/ Randle's minutes and role). I'm not even worried about it because when Russell is allowed to play his game, he shines despite of limited opportunities.

Once Scott is gone, I keep telling people Russell is going to be that guy that will completely change the Free Agency culture in L.A. It's been proven in this past couple of seasons that franchise prestige, money and off court gimmicks aren't going to bring marquee players there anymore. Russell's game and his penchant for feeding his teammates will be a great recruiting chip.

Also, other than Town's no other team has hit a home run and that's going back to lottery picks since 2014. Randle gets a lot of flack but the previous 5 players picked ahead of him hasn't fared well either :lol

spurraider21
02-23-2016, 07:31 PM
a point guard who can't penetrate

cool

Killakobe81
02-23-2016, 08:03 PM
a point guard who can't penetrate

cool

He can prnetrate just needs to finish better when he does

DPG21920
02-23-2016, 09:24 PM
Scott's approach of valuing results over process has been ham-fistedly messing with the development of these rookies (with Scott’s catering to Kobe and/or vets, yanking around Russell’s/ Randle's minutes and role). I'm not even worried about it because when Russell is allowed to play his game, he shines despite of limited opportunities.

Once Scott is gone, I keep telling people Russell is going to be that guy that will completely change the Free Agency culture in L.A. It's been proven in this past couple of seasons that franchise prestige, money and off court gimmicks aren't going to bring marquee players there anymore. Russell's game and his penchant for feeding his teammates will be a great recruiting chip.

Also, other than Town's no other team has hit a home run and that's going back to lottery picks since 2014. Randle gets a lot of flack but the previous 5 players picked ahead of him hasn't fared well either :lol

Not sure it matters who was taken before a player, but who you took period. Like BOS, despite all the losing, LAL has no core and nothing going for them - especially in the West. Factor that in with the inept management, FA's turning LA down I don't share in Laker fan optimism that things will be better once Kobe stops holding them hostage.

DPG21920
02-23-2016, 09:28 PM
Last year (IMO): Prozingis, Turner, Booker & maybe Oak have better ceilings (and if you remember I was the one who called LA taking Russ and explaining their thinking with regards to their ability to sign a FA big vs drafting one).

Year Before: No one that stands out now, but Randle doesn't seem to have it at all.

It's not just about drafting but asset management. Maybe should have traded the pick?

RsxPiimp
02-23-2016, 10:12 PM
FA's turning LA down I don't share in Laker fan optimism that things will be better once Kobe stops holding them hostage.

Grabbing another big name player through free agency is unlikely, I'll give you that. The culmination of this rebuild will not take place until 3 years anyway, minimum, so the Durant's, Westbrooks are a stretch to begin with. I'm always reasonable and realistic. Greg Monroe snubbed the Lakers this offseason. Greg Monroe....Though the Lakers are unlikely to land a marquee player through FA (When was the last time they signed one anyway 96?) I'm positive the Lakers will never suffer the same type of embarrassment going forward.

DPG21920
02-23-2016, 10:20 PM
Grabbing another big name player through free agency is unlikely, I'll give you that. The culmination of this rebuild will not take place until 3 years anyway, minimum, so the Durant's, Westbrooks are a stretch to begin with. I'm always reasonable and realistic. Greg Monroe snubbed the Lakers this offseason. Greg Monroe....Though the Lakers are unlikely to land a marquee player through FA (When was the last time they signed one anyway 96?) I'm positive the Lakers will never suffer the same type of embarrassment going forward.

We will see. That was kind of my point. LA still seems to be all in on FA and they need to be because despite the losing recently they don't have anything to build around.

They signed a bunch of random guys who are older and not that great (Young, Lou, Bass, etc..) and their young talent isn't anything special (IMO). So they seem to be all in on FA turning the tides and with the recent history of FA spurning LA that seems very dicey.

If your play is 3 years away, that is 6 years of no playoffs??? For LA? That seems unbelievably bad.

Splits
02-23-2016, 10:24 PM

Coming this summer...

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/dwight-lakers.jpg

RsxPiimp
02-23-2016, 10:40 PM
If your play is 3 years away, that is 6 years of no playoffs??? For LA? That seems unbelievably bad.

It is bad lol but that's what you get for mishandling your franchise. Jim has placed too much stock on the family's brand. How someone who's been in the business for this long not have a foresight is beyond me. That extension crippled them and now comes the high interest and penalties for keeping a tunnel vision fan base happy. Who knows to be honest, they could luck out through trades but I don't see it right now.

RsxPiimp
02-23-2016, 10:40 PM
Coming this summer...

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/dwight-lakers.jpg

Dodged a bullet...whew.

DPG21920
02-23-2016, 10:43 PM
It is bad lol but that's what you get for mishandling your franchise. Jim has placed too much stock on the family's brand. How someone who's been in the business for this long not have a foresight is beyond me. That extension crippled them and now comes the high interest and penalties for keeping a tunnel vision fan base happy. Who knows to be honest, they could luck out through trades but I don't see it right now.

Well damn. I'm not high on LA's future, but even that seems worst case scenario to me. We will see. They need to nail this draft. If they somehow lose their pick that would be devastating.

Kudos for talking basketball though :tu. No BS - it's good to have Laker fan stop the BS and actually talk ball once in a while.

Splits
02-23-2016, 10:43 PM
Dodged a bullet...whew.

He's coming home this summer, with cancer gone.

Splits
02-23-2016, 10:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WuiY2ub.png

spurraider21
02-23-2016, 11:02 PM
speaking of analytics and advanced stats...

DMC
02-24-2016, 07:16 AM
He can prnetrate just needs to finish better when he does
Sounds like Kobe

HemisfairArena
02-24-2016, 11:07 PM
Russell wont be a bust,,,,no chance. Dude is already showing major signs of life,,,,

StrengthAndHonor
03-02-2016, 12:47 AM
Helluva game from Russell tonight, very clutch, You can tell his confidence level is going up.

BatManu20
03-02-2016, 12:57 AM
Already becoming a very easily hatable player tbh

TheGreatYacht
03-02-2016, 01:19 AM
Maybe one day he'll pass up Andre Miller's career high :lol

Thread
03-02-2016, 01:20 AM
Helluva game from Russell tonight, very clutch, You can tell his confidence level is going up.

First Russ goes ballistic, then State wins nonetheless. Hard nite for SF.

Saylarvee!

DMC
03-02-2016, 01:20 AM
All it took was cutting out that cancer. Cancer will return and the new cells will rot on the vine.

DMC
03-02-2016, 01:21 AM
First Russ goes ballistic, then State wins nonetheless. Hard nite for SF.

Saylarvee!
Idiot. Every Spurfan here wants the Lakers to win every game for the next two months.

Thread
03-02-2016, 01:22 AM
Idiot. Every Spurfan here wants the Lakers to win every game for the next two months.

I'll just bet they do.

DMC
03-02-2016, 01:35 AM
I'll just bet they do.
You would because it would be a sure thing. You're for the tank as much as anyone you're just too dishonest to admit it. At least the real Lakers fans admit they want to tank.

Hell you don't even mention your team these days.

But D'Angelo had a good night and it only took him a few weeks past the All Star break and Kobe not on the court to do it.

Thread
03-02-2016, 01:41 AM
You would because it would be a sure thing. You're for the tank as much as anyone you're just too dishonest to admit it. At least the real Lakers fans admit they want to tank.

Hell you don't even mention your team these days.

But D'Angelo had a good night and it only took him a few weeks past the All Star break and Kobe not on the court to do it.

(tank) It's pussy. It's chickenshit. There's no honor in it.

& horseshit, I was talking about the Lakers a lot before I went on sabbatical. You just don't want to hear the truth. You want some fucking nonsense. No.

RsxPiimp
03-02-2016, 09:04 AM
Early detractors avoiding basketball talk like a plague :lmao

Most points scored by a Laker rookie :wow
Since starting and running a completely different offensive set, D'Angelo now has the highest PER by a rookie PG not named Chris Paul and Irving:wow
Just 19 with no formal pro conditioning:wow
His shooting efficiency has risen to elite levels, his Feb ranks FIRST (58.3%):wow

Brazil
03-02-2016, 09:31 AM
:lol Russel is a net negative so far this season, his shooting efficiency is atrocious, his analytics are horrible but but :cry in feb he is god... [congrats on the highest PER during 5 games span award]

:lmao lakers fans

Ball Buster
03-02-2016, 09:45 AM
Top 3 rookie in assists, 3PT% and steals?? :lmao Jimbo.. :lol Kupcake..

RsxPiimp
03-02-2016, 10:18 AM
:lol Russel is a net negative so far this season, his shooting efficiency is atrocious, his analytics are horrible but but :cry in feb he is god... [congrats on the highest PER during 5 games span award]

:lmao lakers fans
His growth has obviously been hampered by Kobe's farewell tour and Scott's antics. Ever since reclaiming the starting spot and having more freedom to run offensive sets, his efficiency soared.

Brazil
03-02-2016, 11:31 AM
His growth has obviously been hampered by Kobe's farewell tour and Scott's antics. Ever since reclaiming the starting spot and having more freedom to run offensive sets, his efficiency soared.

to be fair he has indeed a decent 4 games stretch and a big one vs. brkl but it is quite soon to launch the :lmao detractors especially when you see the bottom line results 5 games, 4 losses, -72 !! +/- (:lol tbh) while Lakers team is -38...ouch, under his command offense is as stagnant as before, his assists numbers are meh... The only notable difference compared to previous 5 when coming off the bench is shooting efficiency but I don't see any structural reason for that not to be flukish... why would he shoot better against opponent starters than against second units dudes ?

To be also fair and transparent I've just seen highlights of the games and the last 3 quarters of the game @ Memphis and during this game he was in chucking mode... no way he should have forced 19 shots. And on defense dude sucks badly, he is 2014-2015 Parker bad... At his discharge, between a retarded coach and Kobe I don't give a fuck anymore he is not helped by his environment.

Splits
03-02-2016, 12:26 PM

This is some serious a-list faggotry. You've led your team to the worst record in the history of the franchise. You've got 12 fucking wins. You just took a terrible shot with plenty of time on the shot clock with your team up 3. And you've got ice in your veins? :lmao no wonder his own coach can't stand his attitude.

“To be honest,” Russell said, “I was running out of celebrations.” What. A. Faggot.

Indazone
03-02-2016, 12:32 PM
Give him a real coach with a real system and lets see how he does

Thread
03-02-2016, 12:34 PM

I don't think SF could stand it.

Splits
03-02-2016, 12:36 PM
I don't think SF could stand it.

Lucky for us you'll have neither of those next season.

Byron is coming back for that last year on his contract and you're bringing Dwert back to town. Book it.

Thread
03-02-2016, 12:38 PM
Lucky for us you'll have neither of those next season.

Byron is coming back for that last year on his contract and you're bringing Dwert back to town. Book it.

That rent thingy.

Splits
03-02-2016, 12:38 PM
That rent thingy.

That 8>12 thingy.

Thread
03-02-2016, 12:43 PM
That 8>12 thingy.

Your mother's broad ass thingy.

ambchang
03-02-2016, 01:39 PM
Well, he does seem more like a lottery pick after having that giant cancerous tumor removed, so there's that.

However, whether a player is a bust or not isn't based on 5 games, a month, or even a year. So far, based on what we have seen throughout the year, Russell doesn't scream being an all-star caliber player at all. He's either a bust who has a few good games, or a very good starter who started off slow.

Outside of his vision, his other attributes are not particularly outstanding. That said, players who have great vision have done great (Bird, Manu), just that Russell isn't at that level yet.

My take on it is, Russell needs the ball in his hands, but he isn't so good that a team with the ball in his hands a lot can be a title contender, or even a perennial playoff contender. I want to see how he performs as a player off the ball, because he is, at best, the 3rd or 4th wheel on a contender.

Silver&Black
03-03-2016, 10:49 PM

BM20:

Did you see the very beginning of the TNT postgame? They were talking about Kawhi's answer to Saiger's question....

:lol Then Kenny took a shot a D'Bust's "Ice in my veins"

Splits
03-03-2016, 10:53 PM
BM20:

Did you see the very beginning of the TNT postgame? They were talking about Kawhi's answer to Saiger's question....

That was good. One of em said "I know where you're going with that" :lol

Silver&Black
03-03-2016, 10:54 PM
That was good. One of em said "I know where you're going with that" :lol

Ernie, tbh.

RsxPiimp
03-03-2016, 11:00 PM
DLo got y'all Spursfan shook. You know this guy is gonna be a star and there's gonna be a crow eating festival next year. :lol

BatManu20
03-03-2016, 11:01 PM
BM20:

I did :lol And Charles mocked him too. Lol Lakers.

Silver&Black
03-03-2016, 11:05 PM
DLo got y'all Spursfan shook. You know this guy is gonna be a star and there's gonna be a crow eating festival next year. :lol

Let me know. I'll be the first one to take a bite.

Splits
03-03-2016, 11:10 PM

Does the 2017 festival start when you win more than 20 games? 21? 22?

Raven
03-04-2016, 02:40 AM
the five worst ranked defenders in the league:

kirbz
randle
clarkson
lou
dbust

SAGirl
03-04-2016, 04:11 AM
Its hard to judge him in the Lakers this season. He's 19, immature and in a toxic situation???
Let him shoot to his hearts content this season... the youngster has watched Kobe brick all season. I can't blame him for going hyperactive with a little leash.

Now next season with a different coach, then its a different story.

Still I liked him b4 the Lakers even got him. He's fun to watch for sure.

Thread
03-04-2016, 04:35 AM
Its hard to judge him in the Lakers this season. He's 19, immature and in a toxic situation???
Let him shoot to his hearts content this season... the youngster has watched Kobe brick all season. I can't blame him for going hyperactive with a little leash.

Now next season with a different coach, then its a different story.

Still I liked him b4 the Lakers even got him. He's fun to watch for sure.

Do you shave &/or wax it, Girl?

midnightpulp
03-04-2016, 08:34 AM

Mudiay outplayed him. DJ Augustin also got his dick wet.

It's too bad D'Bust doesn't get to see Donald Sloan every night.

midnightpulp
03-04-2016, 08:47 AM
the five worst ranked defenders in the league:

kirbz
randle
clarkson
lou
dbust

Lakers fans never look at the other side of the ball.

Mudiay, a notoriously inefficient shooter, had like his 3rd >50% shooting night of the season. DJ Augustin basically had a career night (check him crossing up D'Bust's slow ass). Mike Conley, .430 shooter on the year, dropped 24 on 10-14. Kyrie, 35 points on 15-24. The list goes on.

Thread
03-04-2016, 09:34 AM

Can't even give him one fucking game without grudging it. SF is so damn afraid of anything that is the slightest bit out of place.

It's piss pot.

03-04-2016, 09:58 AM
That celebration was so corny and cringeworthy tbh :lol

laker fan love to talk about Oak's off the court issues but DBusts antics and attitude have been terrible the whole season...

Killakobe81
03-04-2016, 10:12 AM
the negatives:

But he has somewhere between awful and horrific team instincts right now, regularly getting back cut, overly digging down to offer unnecessary post help (leaving his man open for endless open threes), ball watching too often, etc. This is an area where strong coaching and a few years of development should make a huge difference.

Positives:

Only Kyrie and CP3 have posted a better PER than Russ's February as rookies. So he needs work but as I have been saying all year people just need to relax. No he probably wont be as good as Paul but I think he has better vision than Kyrie and is bigger than both. He has talent. And no I would not take Mudiay over him.

Splits
03-04-2016, 12:18 PM

Reminds me of this:

http://content.draftexpress.com/gallery/D_AngeloRussell/1427226015.jpg

midnightpulp
03-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Can't even give him one fucking game without grudging it. SF is so damn afraid of anything that is the slightest bit out of place.

It's piss pot.

Indeed, Cub. I want you suffering. I want your future bleaker than bleak. I want no hope in TinselTown.

Thread
03-04-2016, 11:42 PM
Indeed, Cub. I want you suffering. I want your future bleaker than bleak. I want no hope in TinselTown.

That's got nothing to do with your trespass and my indictment of said trespass. As your mentor, you, as my protege should have a better grasp of my lessons.

Splits
03-05-2016, 12:48 AM
3/16 with 5 turnovers for a -27 :lmao too bad Sloan isn't around

No Sloan

Thread
03-05-2016, 12:51 AM
^I already turned him in. I was first. Me

Thread
03-05-2016, 12:54 AM
Kathy Kmonicek/AP PhotoLOS ANGELES LAKERS (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers)
8hChad Ford and Kevin Pelton
D'Angelo Russell a future Lakers superstar? (http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/14899103/los-angeles-lakers-dangelo-russell-future-superstar-nba)

And they want you to pay to read the damn thing. LMAO!!!

DMC
03-05-2016, 01:24 AM

midnightpulp
03-05-2016, 01:28 AM
Kathy Kmonicek/AP PhotoLOS ANGELES LAKERS (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers)
8hChad Ford and Kevin Pelton
D'Angelo Russell a future Lakers superstar? (http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/14899103/los-angeles-lakers-dangelo-russell-future-superstar-nba)

And they want you to pay to read the damn thing. LMAO!!!

RsxPiimp
03-06-2016, 06:18 PM
Pretty solid game against the NBA's best team :hat

Splits
03-06-2016, 06:24 PM
Gotta admit, he's had a nice run post ASG.

RsxPiimp
03-06-2016, 06:25 PM

Thanks bruh, means a lot coming from you

Splits
03-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Thanks bruh, means a lot coming from you

Can't say it's pleasant, but it really does look like if Byron weren't such a fucktard and he wasn't in one of the most toxic situations in league history, he'd be having one of the best rookie PG campaigns this decade.

Sure hope Byron returns next season. Tonight's win helps that cause.

StrengthAndHonor
03-09-2016, 02:21 PM
Tom ‏@TJFsports 6m6 minutes ago
Points per possession in isolations:
Durant 1.01
D'Angelo 1.00
CP3 0.99
Melo 0.95
Harden 0.94
LeBron 0.84
J.Clarkson 0.54
Mudiay 0.52 (last)

This kid is going to blow up next year.

Raven
03-09-2016, 02:26 PM

pretty much like every shitty rookie guard that gets green light to do whatever on a tanking team

Thread
03-09-2016, 04:33 PM
pretty much like every shitty rookie guard that gets green light to do whatever on a tanking team

Yeah, but, they're all down with the "hitting the rookie wall" card. Our man in Los Angeles does not play that card.

Raven
03-09-2016, 04:38 PM
Yeah, but, they're all down with the "hitting the rookie wall" card. Our man in Los Angeles does not play that card.
the rookie wall hits nonshitty rookies that earn their spot in the first part of the season aka the meaningful part.

Thread
03-09-2016, 04:40 PM
the rookie wall hits nonshitty rookies that earn their spot in the first part of the season aka the meaningful part.

Yeah, but, then when they rip off another nice outing,,,the rookie wall is nonexistent. Then the next game,,,the card is there again. It's a riot.

Raven
03-09-2016, 04:49 PM
Yeah, but, then when they rip off another nice outing,,,the rookie wall is nonexistent. Then the next game,,,the card is there again. It's a riot.

well, i guess that depends on what you're trying to prove..

RsxPiimp
03-09-2016, 05:27 PM
The new Russell has been great, he figured out how to use his body, patience, and hesitation. Keeping defenders on his hip and waiting for the help to rotate back. I think his vision is garnering respect and that's helping him as well.

Seems to only have needed time to figure the game out at this level. Same thing happened in college and the same thing happened at Verde in HS. Biggest thing is his confidence never wavered...

Relevancy
03-09-2016, 06:20 PM
Once he completely blows up you can bet he will be the target for opposing fans to hate on,,

ambchang
03-09-2016, 09:00 PM

Just like how Kobe have nagging injuries with bad games and the became magically alright when he gets a nice game.

RsxPiimp
01-23-2019, 11:14 PM
Raven

:rollin

Killakobe81
01-23-2019, 11:33 PM
it's not about the production, it's about the upside. D-bust has clearly shown that he has a very low ceiling, being too slow and unathletic to impact both offense or defense. Sure he may develop a reliable jumper but really there's not much difference between him and jimmer. His passing vision was also massively overblown. If Kendall Marshall can't be a good player in the league, I don't see a scenario where d-bust could.

Killakobe81
01-23-2019, 11:34 PM

Another winner

RsxPiimp
01-23-2019, 11:42 PM
didnt know dlo is a rat tho

that said, nick young is at home doin nothing while russ is cookin.

basketball gods sometimes rewards snitches :lol

BD24
01-24-2019, 10:06 AM
:lol

Raven
01-24-2019, 11:24 AM
Another winner

you'll have to try harder as there's nothing wrong with it. I see what you're trying to do, but it's futile tbh, the big picture it's still the same.

Laker_1995
01-24-2019, 11:37 AM
I’m actually happy for Dlo. Dude was always my
fav laker when he was here. but with Kobe being selfish he never got enough time or touches to show he was legit. Poor management decisions and Kobe being arrogant lead to his departure.

Killakobe81
01-24-2019, 12:19 PM
you'll have to try harder as there's nothing wrong with it. I see what you're trying to do, but it's futile tbh, the big picture it's still the same.

not trying to do anything ...
someone called you out I thought it was funny.
Its not personal or agenda driven.
You occasionally make good points, just not with the patience for young players.

MEe my fault is a disdain for overpaying players.
sometimes Im wrong LMA despite soem faults has largely lived up to his max as has PG13 so far this year. I was wrong on both.

So right though on:
Russell
Porter
Wall
conley
Wiggins
Tatum
Porzingis

etc.

Raven
01-24-2019, 12:34 PM
not trying to do anything ...
someone called you out I thought it was funny.
Its not personal or agenda driven.
You occasionally make good points, just not with the patience for young players.

MEe my fault is a disdain for overpaying players.
sometimes Im wrong LMA despite soem faults has largely lived up to his max as has PG13 so far this year. I was wrong on both.

So right though on:
Russell
Porter
Wall
conley
Wiggins
Tatum
Porzingis

etc.

it's not that, I think you're misunderstanding me.. When I judge a draft pick I don't try to predict where one guy will end on the all time list, I'm predicting whether a team picking have chosen well given what they were looking for, what they thought they were drafting, what was available and what is the team trying to achieve.

If some player plays great for years and then decides out of nowhere to go down the larry sanders route, i don't call the pick a bust, in the same way if a player plays awful for years, gets run out of town in disgrace while being called a rat by his teammates but starts getting serious down the line and starts playing well for some other team, i still call that pick a bust.
By the same logic, I thought it was a given that Okafor was going to be a bust for philly given that they had 2 centers already, but what I did believe is that the player was/is good and would have been a hit for the lakers. Whether Okafor succeeds or not, I never gave a shit, but I do care about the lakers staying out of the playoffs for 10 years straight.

Killakobe81
01-24-2019, 12:51 PM
it's not that, I think you're misunderstanding me.. When I judge a draft pick I don't try to predict where one guy will end on the all time list, I'm predicting whether a team picking have chosen well given what they were looking for, what they thought they were drafting, what was available and what is the team trying to achieve.

If some player plays great for years and then decides out of nowhere to go down the larry sanders route, i don't call the pick a bust, in the same way if a player plays awful for years, gets run out of town in disgrace while being called a rat by his teammates but starts getting serious down the line and starts playing well for some other team, i still call that pick a bust.
By the same logic, I thought it was a given that Okafor was going to be a bust for philly given that they had 2 centers already, but what I did believe is that the player was/is good and would have been a hit for the lakers. Whether Okafor succeeds or not, I never gave a shit, but I do care about the lakers staying out of the playoffs for 10 years straight.

Will never happen.

Raven
01-24-2019, 12:59 PM
Will never happen.

yeah it's looking grim after the lebron signing, which is why it is so important for the lakers to tank all these picks. They only get the next free agency to lure max level stars, after that they will be stuck in luxury tax purgatory for many years.

ambchang
01-24-2019, 01:18 PM
The major lesson we learned th last few years really isn’t about whether d’bust; Lonzo or Ingram can or can’t ball, it’s about the lakers not having the culture, patience and or personnel to develop young players. Under the current CBA, take would have to be able to acquire a couple of superstars but at the same time find and develop young players on the cheap to compliment those superstars or even be those superstars. Curry was signed on for a cheap deal. Ditto Thompson and green. Now that the max salaries are looming it looks like the warriors run will end soon. Even Houston got a capela.

Lakers on the other hand doesn’t seem to understand or willing to develop the young players. It would be difficult, if not impossible, for them to be a true contender if they keep down that route.

Killakobe81
01-24-2019, 01:44 PM
The major lesson we learned th last few years really isn’t about whether d’bust; Lonzo or Ingram can or can’t ball, it’s about the lakers not having the culture, patience and or personnel to develop young players. Under the current CBA, take would have to be able to acquire a couple of superstars but at the same time find and develop young players on the cheap to compliment those superstars or even be those superstars. Curry was signed on for a cheap deal. Ditto Thompson and green. Now that the max salaries are looming it looks like the warriors run will end soon. Even Houston got a capela.

Lakers on the other hand doesn’t seem to understand or willing to develop the young players. It would be difficult, if not impossible, for them to be a true contender if they keep down that route.

On this we agree they need at least oner or two of their young players to step up ...
no way can you build on stars alone.
But either way getting the best FA to join them is a win title or not.
LAdridge and George stiffed us but I woudl take bron over either even with Bron's unjury and the resurgence by both especially PG.

Kuzma has shown flashes ZO fewer but some real flashes especially the OKC game and first quarter vs Rox.
These uptempo games despite Zo's inconsistent 3 ball and horrible FT's actually fits him much better.

But im worried dude is soft.
I see flashes of talent but his FT and injury proneness makes me think he soft ...daddy has all teh toughness and heart but not the game to back it up ...and it never allowed these kids to develop it on their own.
Hope I am wrong.

BD24
01-24-2019, 07:27 PM
Raven in here doing his best to :downspin:this shit :lol

comparing Dangelo to Jimmer and doing mental gymnastics to try and defend that shot take :lol

you made a shit prediction, own up to it and move along tbh :lol

Killakobe81
01-24-2019, 07:45 PM
Raven in here doing his best to :downspin:this shit :lol

comparing Dangelo to Jimmer and doing mental gymnastics to try and defend that shot take :lol

you made a shit prediction, own up to it and move along tbh :lol

Man I have tried he never owns his shit...

ambchang
01-24-2019, 09:42 PM
On this we agree they need at least oner or two of their young players to step up ...
no way can you build on stars alone.
But either way getting the best FA to join them is a win title or not.
LAdridge and George stiffed us but I woudl take bron over either even with Bron's unjury and the resurgence by both especially PG.

Kuzma has shown flashes ZO fewer but some real flashes especially the OKC game and first quarter vs Rox.
These uptempo games despite Zo's inconsistent 3 ball and horrible FT's actually fits him much better.

But im worried dude is soft.
I see flashes of talent but his FT and injury proneness makes me think he soft ...daddy has all teh toughness and heart but not the game to back it up ...and it never allowed these kids to develop it on their own.
Hope I am wrong.
Kuzma is extremely easy to shut down in the playoffs. He hasn’t even played one yet but you stick a man on him all game and he won’t produce. Lebron would help him out though.

Ball is done. He just doesn’t fit in :lol today’s nba. He HAS to develop an outside shot. If he ever gets a decent shot he’d be good.

Killakobe81
01-25-2019, 08:10 AM
Kuzma is extremely easy to shut down in the playoffs. He hasn’t even played one yet but you stick a man on him all game and he won’t produce. Lebron would help him out though.

Ball is done. He just doesn’t fit in :lol today’s nba. He HAS to develop an outside shot. If he ever gets a decent shot he’d be good.

disagree. Not talking titles or that he will be star but in an NBA at this pace, it actually hides some of his flaws as long as you pair him with shooters there is absolutely a place for him in the modern NBA. To be a star though, he must be able to shoot. As for Kuzma he needs to be a #3 he will absolutely murder almost every team's third beste defender. As a #1 and in some cases as #2 he is always going to be up and down as the primary scoring option.

ambchang
01-25-2019, 02:24 PM
disagree. Not talking titles or that he will be star but in an NBA at this pace, it actually hides some of his flaws as long as you pair him with shooters there is absolutely a place for him in the modern NBA. To be a star though, he must be able to shoot. As for Kuzma he needs to be a #3 he will absolutely murder almost every team's third beste defender. As a #1 and in some cases as #2 he is always going to be up and down as the primary scoring option.

Ball doesn’t fit doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a place. He can be a lead player in a horrible team with a bunch of shooters but if you have the ball in his hands a majority of the time then you are in trouble. He’s a homeless man’s rondo at this point.

Kuzma we will have to disagree on. He can be a decent sixth man at times. But as a third option on a winning team, ala okay Thompson or even Kevin love? Don’t see it.

ambchang
01-25-2019, 02:24 PM

Ball doesn’t fit doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a place. He can be a lead player in a horrible team with a bunch of shooters but if you have the ball in his hands a majority of the time then you are in trouble. He’s a homeless man’s rondo at this point.

Kuzma we will have to disagree on. He can be a decent sixth man at times. But as a third option on a winning team, ala okay Thompson or even Kevin love? Don’t see it.

Killakobe81
01-25-2019, 02:34 PM

depends on who the ones and twos are as is the case in most things ....
Kukoc was a 6th man but also teh third scoring threat on title teams.
Not aying Kuzma is anything as good as the "waiter" but not all third options are all that great anyways ... who wasthe third scoring option on the 2008-2010 Lakers Odom or bynum? Ariza/artest? all very good players especially Odom but point being the third option scoring wise doesnt need to be a HOf'er ...

Rondo was a PG on a title team
Past his prime Kidd
Avery Johnson
Ron Harper
Past his prime GP played some key mins on Wade's first title team

Lonzo doesnt need to fit traditionally if he is playing with Lebron and antony davis or Kawhi Leonard ... unfortunately just when he was making more impact (and upping his trade value) he is hurt (again).
So the point is moot. Maybe that will help him stay and we can finally see if if he can help with a contender.
I smell a laker deal at the deadline but maybe injury saves him again ...

UZER
01-25-2019, 06:14 PM

We don’t rebuild. We reload. :cry