tholdren
11-04-2015, 08:52 PM
KL after 3 = -3
Kyle Anderson= +11

Keep on using that stat!

KA Max player KL waive

K...
11-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Did you watch the game? You can explain plus or minus pretty easily if you watch the game. Kyle was good. Hit his shots. Leonard hit his shots too

tholdren
11-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Did you watch the game? You can explain plus or minus pretty easily if you watch the game. Kyle was good. Hit his shots. Leonard hit his shots too
no you can't

phxspurfan
11-04-2015, 09:26 PM
I won't lie, I was at the home opener and had to explain to my uncle why KA made the team. "Because he's a skinnier Boris Diaw."

KA really doesn't belong in the NBA.

tholdren
11-04-2015, 09:28 PM
Tony Parker - 18
Boris Diaw +18

bwahahahahahahah

SAGirl
11-04-2015, 09:51 PM
I won't lie, I was at the home opener and had to explain to my uncle why KA made the team. "Because he's a skinnier Boris Diaw."

This shtick is already old.. and the guy has barely played 5 games this season, and spotty minutes at that.
:lmao

Boomersgold
11-04-2015, 10:01 PM
KL after 3 = -3
Kyle Anderson= +11

Keep on using that stat!

KA Max player KL waive

I don't think you understand that stat. The unit with Kyle Anderson played extreme well. Kawhi Leonard also played well, but the lineups with him in it weren't as effective.

steeledl
11-04-2015, 10:02 PM

steeledl
11-04-2015, 10:05 PM
This shtick is already old.. and the guy has barely played 5 games this season, and spotty minutes at that.
:lmao

Actually agree with you here. Im glad Butler is gobbling his minutes. Hopefully Simmons quickly gets adjusted to the NBA so we can send Kyle Anderson back to the d league and stop talking about/ seeing him.

tholdren
11-04-2015, 10:06 PM
I don't think you understand that stat. The unit with Kyle Anderson played extreme well. Kawhi Leonard also played well, but the lineups with him in it weren't as effective.
no, i do, but to actually think that you can identify player worth using plus minus is dumb.

Raven
11-04-2015, 10:07 PM
+- is an absolute statistic, if you hate it you are dumb, period. How it is used, can be debated, but the stat itself has a meaning and it's not disputable.

tholdren
11-04-2015, 10:12 PM
+- is an absolute statistic, if you hate it you are dumb, period. How it is used, can be debated, but the stat itself has a meaning and it's not disputable.
Hey DragonBallZ, the idea isn't that it is a stat - the concept is smart basketball minds like you utilize Plus minus as a stat that gives INDIVIDUAL VALUE to players... i.e. KA had a better game than KL due to the plus minus. That's the problem. Not the stat, but how you geniuses use it.

Raven
11-04-2015, 10:24 PM
Hey DragonBallZ, the idea isn't that it is a stat - the concept is smart basketball minds like you utilize Plus minus as a stat that gives INDIVIDUAL VALUE to players... i.e. KA had a better game than KL due to the plus minus. That's the problem. Not the stat, but how you geniuses use it.

see, that' the wrong usage, the stat simply means the team was better than the opposition when player x was on the floor. nothing less, nothing more. Saying it's meaningless is dumb.

Mikeanaro
11-04-2015, 10:25 PM
This must be the largest meltdown in ST history.

Chinook
11-04-2015, 10:29 PM

It's like the Shogun of meltdowns. I'd say that I am going to tell my grandkids about this one day, but it will probably still be going on then.

tholdren
11-04-2015, 11:14 PM
It's like the Shogun of meltdowns. I'd say that I am going to tell my grandkids about this one day, but it will probably still be going on then.
The only thing better than Chinook's attempt to be data-suave is his attempts at humor... especially interesting that chinook will still say you can place individual value on plus minus. HILARIOUS

ElNono
11-04-2015, 11:24 PM
Let me try to make this thread into something useful, tbh...

Mel_13 clean up your inbox!

Mel_13
11-05-2015, 06:14 AM

Mel_13 clean up your inbox!

Done!

Brazil
11-05-2015, 06:22 AM
:lol OP still melting down... must be right there on the longest ST meltdown ever tbh

dabom
11-05-2015, 06:29 AM

Mel_13 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6168) clean up your inbox!

Player fans scheming. :lol

Chinook
11-05-2015, 07:29 AM
I'm starting to get worried that Tho legitimately thinks his argument is justified. For his sake, I hope it's just the butt-hurt talking.

dabom
11-05-2015, 07:35 AM
I'm starting to get worried that Tho legitimately thinks his argument is justified. For his sake, I hope it's just the butt-hurt talking.

Dude is doing it for the lols. :lol

tholdren
11-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Chinook resorts to name calling after stating plus minus correlates to individual performance..... lol

phxspurfan
11-05-2015, 10:35 PM
Players better than KA

Austin Daye #5
Doc Rivers Jr #25
Anthony Tolliver #whocares
the Coyote #2!

tholdren
11-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Plus minus Chinook plus minus

Cry Havoc
11-06-2015, 05:29 PM

God no. Did you ever see xmas? His meltdown lasted several months and often involved his wife. It was unreal.

Mikeanaro
11-06-2015, 05:51 PM
God no. Did you ever see xmas? His meltdown lasted several months and often involved his wife. It was unreal.
Lol, where is that old man? he was dangerous too agreed, tholdren has potential with some hard work he could be at the top.

Cry Havoc
11-06-2015, 06:21 PM
Lol, where is that old man? he was dangerous too agreed, tholdren has potential with some hard work he could be at the top.

He got the banhammer after numerous warnings, including threatening to sue kori for stating that he would be banned for illicit behavior. Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Mikeanaro
11-06-2015, 07:53 PM
He got the banhammer after numerous warnings, including threatening to sue kori for stating that he would be banned for illicit behavior. Not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Now I remember, I think he was bitching about ST on other forum, gonna miss him :lmao.

tholdren
11-06-2015, 08:53 PM
Holmes better player and better game than Noel.... says plus minus data and Chinook

MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

4/9
0-0
0-0

BENCH
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

Richaun Holmes (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2993370/richaun-holmes), PF
1-1
0-0
0-0
+7

K...
11-06-2015, 10:58 PM
Holmes better player and better game than Noel.... says plus minus data and Chinook

MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

4/9
0-0
0-0

BENCH
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

Richaun Holmes (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2993370/richaun-holmes), PF
1-1
0-0
0-0
+7

Did you watch this game? I agree, unless you watch the game plus/minus is dumb to form individual player conclusions. But if you do watch it's a decent stat to corroborate the eye test. The eye test is when you watch the game

Mikeanaro
11-06-2015, 11:14 PM
:lol

SupremeGuy
11-06-2015, 11:37 PM
Geez this stupid shit is still going on? Fuck man, let it go.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 03:13 AM

Cos he's a first round pick; and teams don't tend to give up on first round picks in year two. Plus he's really young and had a good showing in summer league. Maybe KA's days with the Spurs are numbered; but it's conventional logic that he's with the team right now.

tholdren
11-07-2015, 08:43 AM
Geez this stupid shit is still going on? Fuck man, let it go.

Great idea

SAGirl
11-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Cos he's a first round pick; and teams don't tend to give up on first round picks in year two. Plus he's really young and had a good showing in summer league. Maybe KA's days with the Spurs are numbered; but it's conventional logic that he's with the team right now.
He's played very little, but done ok:
He has been a positive player overall with an O rating at 97 and D rating at 85 = +12.2 and that includes some garbage time action where guys don't even try, they just run the clock and that is it.
http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/203937/stats/advanced/

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 04:23 PM
He's played very little, but done ok:
He has been a positive player overall with an O rating at 97 and D rating at 85 = +12.2 and that includes some garbage time action where guys don't even try, they just run the clock and that is it.
http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/203937/stats/advanced/

He has not done okay by the eyeball test. Had he done okay, Pop wouldn't have played pretty much a eight man rotation in games 1-5 of the season. That's unheard of for Pop.

SAGirl
11-07-2015, 04:29 PM
He has not done okay by the eyeball test. Had he done okay, Pop wouldn't have played pretty much a eight man rotation in games 1-5 of the season. That's unheard of for Pop.
The eyeball test told me Jimmer could not play in the NBA.. if we are getting to that.

Stats are stats, he's been a positive when he's played. He's been better defensively than ppl expected, therefore teams have not gone on runs when he's playing. He's made sound decisions with the ball, not turning it over and making the right pass.

He made a mistake 1 time and got benched bc he's young and has to learn sometime. The starters don't have chemistry of their own and are making a lot of mistakes of their own. Its the reason why Pop has been tightening things, the more guys you introduce, the more guys that are in variables for your main guys to get used to.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 04:37 PM
The eyeball test told me Jimmer could not play in the NBA.. if we are getting to that.

Stats are stats, he's been a positive when he's played. He's been better defensively than ppl expected, therefore teams have not gone on runs when he's playing. He's made sound decisions with the ball, not turning it over and making the right pass.

He made a mistake 1 time and got benched bc he's young and has to learn sometime. The starters don't have chemistry of their own and are making a lot of mistakes of their own. Its the reason why Pop has been tightening things, the more guys you introduce, the more guys that are in variables for your main guys to get used to.

KA has not been a positive. If that were true, he'd be getting the 12-20 mins a game that was slated for him.

tholdren
11-07-2015, 04:38 PM
He's not good, but has played better than west. Find and bump the ka draft thread

SAGirl
11-07-2015, 04:49 PM
KA has not been a positive. If that were true, he'd be getting the 12-20 mins a game that was slated for him.
That was not slated for him that we know of. He would at most be getting 12 minutes bc Kawhi is playing a whole lot. The last game Kyle got injured in the first half and Butler was subbed in for him. I posted the link in another thread, but if you want to join the Kyle hate crew like others here, be my guest. That is on you, who you like and who you don't.

It is possible he will actually play more when Pop starts widening the rotation. Right now, the main guys have too many issues of their own to even start cutting their minutes down.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 04:53 PM
That was not slated for him that we know of. He would at most be getting 12 minutes bc Kawhi is playing a whole lot. The last game Kyle got injured in the first half and Butler was subbed in for him. I posted the link in another thread, but if you want to join the Kyle hate crew like others here, be my guest. That is on you, who you like and who you don't.

It is possible he will actually play more when Pop starts widening the rotation. Right now, the main guys have too many issues of their own to even start cutting their minutes down.

It was slated for someone. I guarantee you that Pop doesn't want to be using an eight man rotation to start the season. And Anderson is not limited to backing up Kawhi for minutes if he peforms either.

You should know by now that I'm not on anyone's crew. I call it how I see it. If KA starts to step up, I'll gladly acknowledge it.

SAGirl
11-07-2015, 04:56 PM
It was slated for someone. I guarantee you that Pop doesn't want to be using an eight man rotation to start the season. And Anderson is not limited to backing up Kawhi for minutes if he peforms either.

You should know by now that I'm not on anyone's crew. I call it how I see it. If KA starts to step up, I'll gladly acknowledge it.

Well I don't know the crews here. I did know you were in the Jimmer love crew. lol It is childish to call fans as belonging to crews but that is the way ppl go here. Either way, what I said stands, who you like and who you don't is on you. If we are getting to the subjective eye test, then that is a personal preference.

The stats do show what I stated. If you say he's been a negative without anything to back it up but your subjective opinion, then that will get us nowhere in this little discussion.

Chinook
11-07-2015, 05:01 PM
Green is getting the minutes his tenure warrants for once, Kawhi is getting star minutes, and Ginobili looks as good as he has in years. There really isn't much reason to add another wing to the rotation. Anderson hasn't been perfect, but I definitely think he's been as good as Pop expected. He'll play more soon, but the bigger priority is getting the playoff rotation to figure out their offensive struggles. Once they're in sync, Pop can start figuring out how to plug the other guys in.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Well I don't know the crews here. I did know you were in the Jimmer love crew. lol It is childish to call fans as belonging to crews but that is the way ppl go here. Either way, what I said stands, who you like and who you don't is on you. If we are getting to the subjective eye test, then that is a personal preference.

The stats do show what I stated. If you say he's been a negative without anything to back it up but your subjective opinion, then that will get us nowhere in this little discussion.

If you must go with the stats; Anderson has scored 8 points in 5 games (7 minutes per game) on 37.5 percent shooting. He has missed every three in a spread offense to boot. That's anemic at best. It's certainly not the stuff that rotation players are made of. I'm not slighting KA's potential. But you're arguing that Anderson is getting the job done; and that's just blatantly incorrect.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 05:06 PM
Green is getting the minutes his tenure warrants for once, Kawhi is getting star minutes, and Ginobili looks as good as he has in years. There really isn't much reason to add another wing to the rotation. Anderson hasn't been perfect, but I definitely think he's been as good as Pop expected. He'll play more soon, but the bigger priority is getting the playoff rotation to figure out their offensive struggles. Once they're in sync, Pop can start figuring out how to plug the other guys in.

Spurs aren't playing less guys cos Pop is getting guys in sync. He has only eight guys that he can clearly depend upon. I think seeing Rasual Butler of all people so drasically pushed forward on the bench rotation speaks to that reality.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Spurs aren't playing less guys cos Pop is getting guys in sync. He has only eight guys that he can clearly depend upon. I think seeing Rasual Butler of all people so drasically pushed forward on the bench rotation speaks to that reality.Of all people?

He did exactly the same thing last season on a playoff team. You can't act like he's Jimmer Fredette or something.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 05:17 PM
Of all people?

He did exactly the same thing last season on a playoff team. You can't act like he's Jimmer Fredette or something.

An Eastern Conference pretender ain't nothing I concern myself with in semi-serious basketball discussion.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 05:19 PM
An Eastern Conference pretender ain't nothing I concern myself with in semi-serious basketball discussion.So even if Jimmer makes the Knicks NBA franchise, it won't mean he can actually play in the "real" NBA?

OK.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 05:21 PM
So even if Jimmer makes the Knicks NBA franchise, it won't mean he can actually play in the "real" NBA?

OK.

You're twisting in the wind...

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 05:21 PM
You're twisting in the wind...I will ask you directly -- So even if Jimmer makes the Knicks NBA franchise, it won't mean he can actually play in the "real" NBA?

Yes or no.

Or will you twist in the wind?

Hoops Czar
11-07-2015, 05:23 PM

:lol When was the last time Pop gave a shit about the playoff rotation 5 games into the season? The Spurs are notorious for getting off to slow starts and this year is no exception. They'll get it together eventually and I don't think Pop or the coaching staff are fretting it one bit. There's is very little wiggle room with the starting five anyways. When familiarity with one another takes affect and Green can knock down shots, the offense will get back on track.

West's playing time has been limited because he's playing like ass not because the offensive woes of the playoff rotation which was suppose to include him. Upside not withstanding, KA has been very underwhelming in his limited court time while Butler has been slightly better.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 05:27 PM
I will ask you directly -- So even if Jimmer makes the Knicks NBA franchise, it won't mean he can actually play in the "real" NBA?

Yes or no.

Or will you twist in the wind?

I don't answer lame off-topic questions posed by a troll.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 05:27 PM
I don't answer lame off-topic questions posed by a troll.You're twisting in the wind.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 05:29 PM
You're twisting in the wind.

You kept quoting "real" when that's not what I even said, dink; that in addition to your trying to coerce an issue that wasn't even an issue til you stuck in your fat head.

Chinook
11-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Spurs aren't playing less guys cos Pop is getting guys in sync. He has only eight guys that he can clearly depend upon. I think seeing Rasual Butler of all people so drasically pushed forward on the bench rotation speaks to that reality.

The regular season is about developing guys so you can "depend" on them when the playoffs come. If Pop didn't think he could use those guys in regular-season games, you'd see more movement from the FO. Butler is a good player -- hence why he easily beat Jimmer out for the 15th spot despite Fredette's guarantee. That a guy who's been a rotation player for years is getting a look over a second-year player is hardly a slight. And Butler has played really well in his limited minutes. If Pop were interested in playing more guys, Butler would get more minutes.

:lol When was the last time Pop gave a shit about the playoff rotation 5 games into the season? The Spurs are notorious for getting off to slow starts and this year is no exception. They'll get it together eventually and Ibut there is very little wiggle room with the starting five.

I think this is the most important regular season the team has had in a long time, maybe ever. Pop needs his top eight to be ironclad. He's essentially installing a new offensive philosophy, and everyone except Duncan and Mills is having some issues adjusting. They need to figure that out above everything.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 05:32 PM
You kept quoting "real" when that's not what I even said, dink.The quotes are mine. Would you prefer I use your terminology? -- the end result isn't really different at all.

So even if Jimmer makes the Knicks NBA franchise, it won't mean he can actually play on an actual Western Conference contender?

Yes or no.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 05:33 PM
The regular season is about developing guys so you can "depend" on them when the playoffs come. If Pop didn't think he could use those guys in regular-season games, you'd see more movement from the FO. Butler is a good player -- hence why he easily beat Jimmer out for the 15th spot despite Fredette's guarantee. That a guy who's been a rotation player for years is getting a look over a second-year player is hardly a slight. And Butler has played really well in his limited minutes. If Pop were interested in playing more guys, Butler would get more minutes.

I think this is the most important regular season the team has had in a long time, maybe ever. Pop needs his top eight to be ironclad. He's essentially installing a new offensive philosophy, and everyone except Duncan and Mills is having some issues adjusting. They need to figure that out above everything.

Go ahead and take your lame shots. If Rasual Butler is a guy getting any serious burn in the playoffs, that's not good for the Spurs.

Pop has never been about getting his rotation "ironclad" in November. Maybe, its a bit more focused because of the advancement of WC teams; but I'm quite sure Pop would like to lessen the load on his core players. This goes against this traditionally deep benched team's standards of implementation.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 05:34 PM
Go ahead and take your lame shots. If Rasual Butler is a guy getting any serious burn in the playoffs, that's not good for the Spurs.

Pop has never been about getting his rotation "ironclad" in November. Maybe, its a bit more focused because of the advancement of WC teams; but I'm quite sure Pop would like to lessen the load on his core players. This goes against this traditionally deep benched team's standards of implementation.The rotation players have to learn how to play together before they can take time off. Jumping to any conclusions at this point is silly.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 05:35 PM
The quotes are mine. Would you prefer I use your terminology? -- the end result isn't really different at all.

What kind of idiot makes up quotes from himself? :lmao

IDIOT.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 05:36 PM
What kind of idiot makes up quotes from himself? :lmao

IDIOT.Do you not understand the usage of quotation marks?

Is English not your first language?

Your stalling just means you're twisting in the wind about Jimmer.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 05:39 PM
The rotation players have to learn how to play together before they can take time off. Jumping to any conclusions at this point is silly.

They have to play heavy minutes in games 1-5 to learn to play with each other? That's spurious at best. Pop didn't abandon his deep benched philosophies because he's that worried about the starters gelling. You really think Pop wants to be putting these kinds of minutes on Duncan and Ginobili?

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 05:41 PM
They have to play heavy minutes in games 1-5 to learn to play with each other?Yes.

It's pretty simple.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Do you not understand the usage of quotation marks?

Is English not your first language?

I do understand them unlike you.

Rule 1: You don't quote something that was never said.

Unwritten rule: There's no need to quote yourself.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Yes.

It's pretty simple.

Then, you don't understand coaching to mitigate the NBA grind.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 05:43 PM
I do understand them unlike you.

Rule 1: You don't quote something that was never quoted.

Unwritten rule: There's no need to quote yourself.I wasn't quoting myself, genius.

Read and let me know if there is something you don't understand about this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes

I'm here to educate you.

But keep stalling about det Jimmer question. I know you're terrified to answer it.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Then, you don't understand coaching to mitigate the NBA grind.That comes after they learn how to play together.

Jimmer wouldn't help in any case.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 05:47 PM
I wasn't quoting myself, genius.

Uh huh.

The quotes are mine.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Uh huh."Quotes" being short for quotation marks, genius. Or scare quotes as described above.

Anything else you need help with, buttercup? Can you answer the Jimmer question now?

Hoops Czar
11-07-2015, 05:50 PM

The Spurs are notorious for getting off to slow starts and this year is no exception. They'll get it together eventually and I don't think Pop or the coaching staff are fretting it one bit. When familiarity with one another takes affect and Green can knock down shots, the offense won't look so bad, tbh.

West's playing time has been limited because he's playing like ass not because the offensive woes of the playoff rotation which was suppose to include him. He literally killed any thought of a Diaw/West back up combo 5 minutes into the first game of the season. Upside not withstanding, KA has been very underwhelming in his limited court time while Butler has been slightly better. These are the players that worry me the most because they're suppose to be a part of the playoff rotation and they look like anything but.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 05:51 PM
They have to play heavy minutes in games 1-5 to learn to play with each other? That's spurious at best. Pop didn't abandon his deep benched philosophies because he's that worried about the starters gelling. You really think Pop wants to be putting these kinds of minutes on Duncan and Ginobili?You need to define "heavy" for each player.

Manu is averaging fewer minutes than last year.

Duncan is averaging about 20 seconds more than last season.

Do you think they are going to break down at this rate?

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 06:25 PM
You need to define "heavy" for each player.

Manu is averaging fewer minutes than last year.

Duncan is averaging about 20 seconds more than last season.

Do you think they are going to break down at this rate?

No DNPs in that mix yet. Spurs won't continue at this rate and be rested for the playoffs. Still plenty of time to see how it plays out; but I'm not arguing whether or not the Spurs can sustain this in five games; rather, I'm saying that this could not have been the plan, and the bench's struggles are evident.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 06:28 PM
No DNPs in that mix yet. Spurs won't continue at this rate and be rested for the playoffs. Still plenty of time to see how it plays out; but I'm not arguing whether or not the Spurs can sustain this in five games; rather, I'm saying that this could not have been the plan, and the bench's struggles are evident.Why could it have not been the plan?

Starters and Manu are playing fewer minutes, Kawhi and Duncan's 20 seconds excluded.

Did you think the team play would be so fully developed that starters would be taking one game off by now?

Two?

Tell us what the Spurs planned.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Why could it have not been the plan?

Starters and Manu are playing fewer minutes, Kawhi and Duncan's 20 seconds excluded.

Did you think the team play would be so fully developed that starters would be taking one game off by now?

Two?

Tell us what the Spurs planned.

Assuming Duncan and Ginobili play tonight; that'll be six straight games that they each played. How many times did that happen last season? For that matter, how many times last season did the Spurs use an eight man rotation in regular season games for five straight games? I've been watching the Spurs for long enough to know that these are unplanned/unwanted anomalies.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Assuming Duncan and Ginobili play tonight; that'll be six straight games that they each played. How many times did that happen last season? For that matter, how many times last season did the Spurs use an eight man rotation in regular season games for five straight games? I've been watching the Spurs for long enough to know that these are unplanned/unwanted anomalies.How many times last season did they integrate an All-Star starter into their offense?

If the price for that is play Manu and Duncan 6 out of 6 games to start the season instead of 5 out of 5, that seems to be a reasonable plan.

Does that seem reasonable to you?

Yes or no.

That was a direct question to you, so actually answer it this time.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 06:44 PM
How many times last season did they integrate an All-Star starter into their offense?

If the price for that is play Manu and Duncan 6 out of 6 games to start the season instead of 5 out of 5, that seems to be a reasonable plan.

Yes or no.

You're kidding yourself if you think that the shortened rotation is about LMA. Name a person beyond the first eight that has stepped up.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 06:49 PM
You're kidding yourself if you think that the shortened rotation is about LMA. Name a person beyond the first eight that has stepped up.You didn't answer the question.

How many times last season did they integrate an All-Star starter into their offense?

Yes or no.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 06:50 PM
What's unreasonable to me is to expect the new team play to develop by having rotation players take games off early in the season.

That seems plain stupid.