PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi still not "the guy"

razor247
11-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Still misses when it counts........twice........doesn't even get the ball in the fourth....

Damn dude stop choking when it counts..you short armed the jumper because your scared

TheGreatYacht
11-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Welcome aboard :toast

SuperCam
11-04-2015, 09:52 PM
47% shooter, 0.36 A/TO ratio = max contract :bang

steeledl
11-04-2015, 09:54 PM
He isn't a closer like Kobe yet but he is still a great player. We have other players like Parker and Gibobili who are closers. I think Kawhi will get there but he isn't there yet.

look_at_g_shred
11-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Should've ISO'd LMA despite his shooting woes tonight.

spurtech09
11-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Its a team game....when spurs share the ball that's when spurs gel.....ball movement and sharing the ball.....

LongtimeSpursFan
11-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Kawhi is better when he plays withinn his role. If he's having to post up (which slows game down) or dribble more than three times his shooting percentage decreases and shot selection is poor. He is great when he is set up by teammates with an open jumper or going to rim or off his patented steals at half-court. On the defensive side he is a beast (although he has had a few bonehead moments losing his man on inbounds play at end of game).

YGWHI
11-04-2015, 10:39 PM
Kawhi is better when he plays withinn his role.

Of course...you're the guy who said in the offseason Kawhi's role is being the 4th option on this team...

Blake's Cucktainer
11-04-2015, 10:41 PM
doesn't even get the ball in the fourth....

Thanks, Porker!

Blake's Cucktainer
11-04-2015, 10:42 PM
He isn't a closer like Kobe yet
Agreed, he doesn't choke like Kirby.

YGWHI
11-04-2015, 10:44 PM
doesn't even get the ball in the fourth....

And this is Kawhi's fault? If you rewatch the game you can see Kawhi asking for the ball when Beal was on him or when he cut to the rim, no one gave him the ball in the 4th.

He should make the 2nd shot, it was a so good look. But again, it would be nice if the Spurs start to exploit mismatches...

tholdren
11-04-2015, 11:16 PM
Of course...you're the guy who said in the offseason Kawhi's role is being the 4th option on this team...
no i was that guy. and him playing first fiddle is making the spurs look silly. I don't always shoot without efficiency, but when I do, I shoot 21 footers.

loveforthegame
11-04-2015, 11:18 PM
Funny he just hit clutch shots in OKC, Boston, and NY. But misses here and he's never clutch. Makes sense.

SupremeGuy
11-04-2015, 11:23 PM
He had it going until TP stopped passing him the ball, tbh. The person I'm worried about is LMA. Dude needs to start hitting his jumper already...

I think Pop kept TP in too long towards the end of the game; yeah he hit that 3 and I think a jumper a little before that but I'd rather see Manu in as the PG with Danny at SG to finish the game. Oh well. The season is young.

YGWHI
11-04-2015, 11:26 PM
no i was that guy. and him playing first fiddle is making the spurs look silly.

The Spurs look silly because their playmakers don't exploit mismatches and have horrible turnovers, their shooters can't hit open shots, add the poor coaching and the awful defensive rotations... a formula for disaster. Trust me, Kawhi's offense is the least of their problems.

DeRozan m8
11-04-2015, 11:29 PM
Welcome aboard :toast

You're not even a spurs fan, faggot, die in a fire, cnt

Funny he just hit clutch shots in OKC, Boston, and NY. But misses here and he's never clutch. Makes sense.

This.

Funny how quick the retards forget

YGWHI
11-04-2015, 11:29 PM

james evans
11-04-2015, 11:33 PM
yeah someone needs to define cluth. because I saw him hit a jumper a few plays prior to that. If cluth means only hitting shots in the final 10 seconds, then let me know. We need an universal definition here.

Ice009
11-04-2015, 11:34 PM

I wouldn't think people are basing it on this season. I'm certainly not. I'm basing it on the past few seasons.

steeledl
11-04-2015, 11:36 PM
KOBE WAS AIR BALL AGAISNT JAZZ WHEN HE WAS YOUNG,KL JUST NEED MORE CHANCE & EXPERIENCE TO TAKE THOSE SHOTS,I BELIEVE HIM HE WOL DEVELOPED IT LIKE KOBE DID

I literally said that I think he will get there eventually. Also, caps are not necessary.

loveforthegame
11-05-2015, 01:28 AM
I wouldn't think people are basing it on this season. I'm certainly not. I'm basing it on the past few seasons.

I think he's gotten better as he's gotten more experience.

In the past the big 3 were the main guns to get that must have bucket. Also guys like Horry, Kerr, Jackson, Finley, Neal, Green, and Marco (to name a few) were relied on too. In his first 3 seasons Leonard hasn't really been that guy. Last year I think they started testing him. It was hit and miss. Compare that to this season and he's been relied on quite a few times. He came through in OKC, Boston, and NY. While he made a jumper to tie a minute earlier, he came up short twice after that tonight. It happens. Despite the outcome tonight, his progress this season thus far is promising.

He also took the ft technical tonight. Not something we're used to seeing.

The changing of the guard is happening whether we like it or not. Leonard needs the experience. It's the only way to get better.

Kool Bob Love
11-05-2015, 01:49 AM
I still can't believe the Spurs max him out.

DeRozan m8
11-05-2015, 01:54 AM

Yeah, but stupid people don't understand a lot, if we're gonna be honest here

Keep truckin little fella

Kool Bob Love
11-05-2015, 01:55 AM
Yeah, but stupid people don't understand a lot, if we're gonna be honest here

Keep truckin little fella

He missed not once but twice m8. Max players make max money to make big shots. He's a choker.

Clipper Nation
11-05-2015, 01:58 AM
POP NEED TO GIVE ME CHANCE TO TAKE THOSE SHOTS INSTEAD OF PARKER

kobyz
11-05-2015, 02:06 AM
Asperger's syndrome people can't be "the guy", those guys too messed up mentally and in feeling situations on the fly... like the last defensive play against Beal when Kawhi got confused and frozen...

daslicer
11-05-2015, 02:26 AM
Asperger's syndrome people can't be "the guy", those guys too messed up mentally and in feeling situations on the fly... like the last defensive play against Beal when Kawhi got confused and frozen...

He's super introverted that he makes Duncan look like a social butterfly. Being an extreme introvert is not a good thing from a leadership standpoint and for a perimeter player. Perimeter players tend to have to be more vocal since they are directing the offense. A lot of people state Parker is holding Kawhi back by not giving him the ball when he needs it like tonight's game. I only saw the last two minutes of tonight's game so I can't comment on this but if that's the case Kawhi needs to be more vocal and demand the ball. Kawhi being a mute magnifies these type of problems.

Stabula
11-05-2015, 03:16 AM
You guys aren't looking at the big picture. Even if you disagree with Parkers offensive aggression you should be pleased he was so effective. I think Pop wanted to see if Tony still has that killer instinct and it looks like he does. A healthy confident TP will help take this team.to the finish line long term.

TheGreatYacht
11-05-2015, 03:37 AM

TheGreatYacht
11-05-2015, 03:39 AM
You're Aussie, your family tree is a bunch of illiterate criminals and you have the DNA of a caveman. Go sit on a cricket stick you aboriginal cuck

szkorhetz
11-05-2015, 04:21 AM
His defense was non-existent today and that really hurt us.

kobyz
11-05-2015, 04:56 AM
He's super introverted that he makes Duncan look like a social butterfly. Being an extreme introvert is not a good thing from a leadership standpoint and for a perimeter player. Perimeter players tend to have to be more vocal since they are directing the offense. A lot of people state Parker is holding Kawhi back by not giving him the ball when he needs it like tonight's game. I only saw the last two minutes of tonight's game so I can't comment on this but if that's the case Kawhi needs to be more vocal and demand the ball. Kawhi being a mute magnifies these type of problems.

Duncan is a big time communicate guy, on and off the court, he just not a media guy... Kawhi is totally opposite, somthing holding him off societally and mentally because of his syndrome, so that is why he can't be "tha guy" and can't even be a leader while Duncan is all time great leader...

DeRozan m8
11-05-2015, 04:59 AM
HI GUYS, MAX PLAYERS NEVER MISS BIG SHOTS EVER.

I ALSO FORGOT KIWI HIT BIG SHOTS A GAME OR TWO A GO.

BUT IM GONNA FORGET THAT AND HAVE A CRY AND THEN LOGIN TO MY THE GREAT YACHT ACCOUNT

Horse
11-05-2015, 08:53 AM
A lot of dumb shit here. How about the whole fucking team holds on to the ball and we win by 20. Then no stupid fucking threads blaming Parker or Kawhi.

kobyz
11-05-2015, 09:02 AM
I still can't believe Parker never get blame when he lost the ball :lmao

Parker gave you more than you can excpect in that game, Kawhy let beal and porter to go off in that game, missed two consecutive jumpers in critical time instead of taking it to the basket, and messed up big time the last defensive play...

Raven
11-05-2015, 09:03 AM
He isn't a closer like Kobe yet but he is still a great player. We have other players like Parker and Gibobili who are closers. I think Kawhi will get there but he isn't there yet.

a closer like kirby :lmao

Gladney to see you
11-05-2015, 09:05 AM
He is a great player, but his offense isn't completely natural yet. He is improving on things he's learned as opposed to being a natural scorer. He has gotten better and will continue to do so.

BillMc
11-05-2015, 09:12 AM
A lot of dumb shit here. How about the whole fucking team holds on to the ball and we win by 20. Then no stupid fucking threads blaming Parker or Kawhi.
+1

DarrinS
11-05-2015, 09:33 AM

kaji157
11-05-2015, 09:52 AM

Never thought iŽd said this, but it seems that if you want the Spurs to perform decent at end of games youŽd have to sacrifice Danny or Parker as Ginobili must have the handles of the team.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Kawhi shouldn't have to be 'the guy' on the offense. We're a system team...just ask LMA and every basketball analyst out there. If the entire team is doing what they're supposed to then Leonard should be able to concentrate on defense, score his 17 ppg, and the pressure is off on the offensive end.

EVAY
11-05-2015, 06:47 PM

TXstbobcat
11-05-2015, 06:55 PM
When there are 21 turnovers you can't really put the blame on 1 player.

Kawhi 5-0
11-05-2015, 08:16 PM
Kawhi is playing great! Just has to cut down on the turnovers.

tholdren
11-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Kl going for 2k shots this year

TheGreatYacht
11-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Kl going for 2k shots this year
I'd be happy if he at least gets 2 assists by the end of the year... Tbqh

Kawhi 5-0
11-06-2015, 05:31 PM
HE ONLY HAS ONE TURNOVER

Au contraire, on the season he has 4 assists and 12 turnovers (or an A/T ratio of -3). Yes, he only had one TO in the most recent game. I think Kawai was probably our best player in that game. Some of our guys had 4 or 5 TOs apiece (if I remember correctly).

Kawhi 5-0
11-07-2015, 03:26 PM
HOW ABOUT WESTBROOKS ??????????:lmao

Westbrook: 63 assists and 32 turnovers. Yeah, that's a lot of TOs, but it's a positive assist to turnover ratio--almost 2/1.

Kawhi 5-0
11-07-2015, 03:42 PM
In response to this thread title and some of the negative comments I've read, I would like to clarify that Kawhi IS very much THE GUY. Pointing out that he has more turnovers than assists is nitpicking compared to the monster performances he's been turning in. Guy hasn't even missed a free-throw. I think the TOs will sort themselves out. It is likely a function of our less-than-stellar offensive play so far. You can see it in Duncan and Aldridge's stats from last game. Timmy's allowed to make an errant Jay Cutler pass once in awhile. Tim has been very solid (two thumbs up) along with Ginobili and Parker. Aldridge is getting too much criticism. He and Green just haven't found their shots yet. They will.

Spurtacular
11-07-2015, 03:44 PM
Kawhi choked in the moment; short-armed a bunny. He'll be mentally tougher next time. It's a progression.

Spursin6ix
11-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Kawhi choked in the moment; short-armed a bunny. He'll be mentally tougher next time. It's a progression.

Yeah this is his first year being number one option and so far id rather he be ultra aggressive rather than passive. You're right it is gonna be a progression.

Spurtacular
11-08-2015, 02:20 AM
Yeah this is his first year being number one option and so far id rather he be ultra aggressive rather than passive. You're right it is gonna be a progression.

Yup. His nervousness in the Clips series was evident to me as well (and it affected his play); but I think the more experienced he becomes, the more he'll realize it's just about mechanics.