PDA

View Full Version : NY and Boston keep pace with wins

Jimcs50
09-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Yankees win 1-0 today and now Boston wins 2-1 with Manny getting both RBIs, one a single and then a dinger in the 6th to break the tie.

Boston beat Oakland by 1 run the last two nights with great starting pitching, something that they have not gotten this year at all.

NY's pitching has been fabulous the last 2 wks, so maybe the 2 powerhouses are rounding into form before Oct.

Could be a sweet ALCS again this year after the last two going 7 games betw these two rivals in 03 and 04.

2centsworth
09-21-2005, 11:43 PM
Yankees win 1-0 today and now Boston wins 2-1 with Manny getting both RBIs, one a single and then a dinger in the 6th to break the tie.

Boston beat Oakland by 1 run the last two nights with great starting pitching, something that they have not gotten this year at all.

NY's pitching has been fabulous the last 2 wks, so maybe the 2 powerhouses are rounding into form before Oct.

Could be a sweet ALCS again this year after the last two going 7 games betw these two rivals in 03 and 04.
I'd like to see the yanks up by 2 games going into the 3 game set with the sox to end the season. Kind of like a do over of last year, see if the yanks can win 1 game.

Horry For 3!
09-22-2005, 12:21 AM
The Yankees are a 1/2 game up over the Red Soxs cause freakin Timlin blew it :bang the only reason I am mad is because hes on my fantasy team :bang

Jimcs50
09-22-2005, 01:19 PM
Why Francona pulled Wakefield is beyond me...

T Park
09-22-2005, 06:13 PM
If I were Red Sox fan, I would give Francona the benefit of the doubt quite a bit.

THe guy brought em a freakin WS for the first time in 80 some odd years.

2centsworth
09-22-2005, 08:42 PM
If I were Red Sox fan, I would give Francona the benefit of the doubt quite a bit.

THe guy brought em a freakin WS for the first time in 80 some odd years.
Sox fans are so Aggie like.