PDA

View Full Version : Patty Mills record and stats as a starter.

MultiTroll
11-05-2015, 03:30 PM
If some of you want to help out the stats I've started, it can help add to El Nonos thread about "Do the Spurs Need to change the starting backcourt?".

Pattys 1st year as a Spur, 2011-12:
Reg season:
3 games started.
2-1 record. See the * for the loss details.

Here is Patty Mills as a starter for those 3 games:
34 points
12 assists
5 rebounds
Spurs win 107 - 101 over Golden State.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=320426009

Patty starter Game 2 research
34 minutes
27 points
5 assists
Spurs win 110 -106 over Phx.
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=320425021

Patty Starter Game 3 research
Spurs lost*
24 min
9 pts
4 assists
Spurs lead after 3 quarters.

*Duncan
*GNob
*Porker
all rested this entire game.

Game played in Mormonville.
Utah 33 FTAs
Spurs 10

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=320409026

DeRozan m8
11-05-2015, 04:20 PM
#startpatty

Work gave me a Patty jersey as a going away present last week, what a ripper tbh

milkyway21
11-05-2015, 05:02 PM
#startpatty

Work gave me a Patty jersey as a going away present last week, what a ripper tbh

Thank you.

How about % + pts when both Patty & Aldtidge are both on the floor.. You have a record?. I am intrigue because it's one of the reasons Aldridge agreed to come to SA, to play alongside his old teammate Patty Mills. He might bring some explosiveness, momentum & INERTIA to LMA, who knows?

Cry Havoc
11-05-2015, 05:02 PM
3 games is hardly a sufficient sample size. Hell, it's hardly a sample. Patty has been struggling to run the offense against backup PGs this year.

Kawhitstorm
11-05-2015, 05:04 PM
3 games is hardly a sufficient sample size. Hell, it's hardly a sample. Patty has been struggling to run the offense against backup PGs this year.

He's doing too much dribble & not enough shooting. Porker is rubbing on him...:bang

milkyway21
11-05-2015, 05:04 PM

yeah right, three games though hard to tell.

DeRozan m8
11-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Give it more of a sample size then, its obviously worth the shot.
Patty could work great with these guys tbh

MultiTroll
11-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Thanks Sherlock.

milkyway21
11-05-2015, 05:15 PM
I promise myself I don't want to complain anymore. This is almost basically a new team with LMA, West, Butler, Simmons, Boban, Duncan as center.
I just want to start again, win or loss, with hope, positivity & optomism ang just support the Spurs, I won't care who starts or who touches the ball in the last seconds as long as they keep improving their game.
They lost against the Wizards but they play hard they just don't gel yet.

MultiTroll
11-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Exactly. His career playoff trey bombs is 44.5% on 121 shots.
Effective fg% with Spurs for all games all shots is 55%.
Playoffs effective crank it up to 59% with Spurs.

The hell more do you want, Popazit?

DeRozan m8
11-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Plus the energy and vibe he brings to the team.
Imagine he actually got comfortable in the starting spot, shit could be off the hook

ChumpDumper
11-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Thanks Sherlock.So why did you use such a small sample and start a superfluous thread?

DeRozan m8
11-05-2015, 05:58 PM
So why did you use such a small sample and start a superfluous thread?

Because its something worth discussing whilst our back court is failing dramatically so far this season

ChumpDumper
11-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Because its something worth discussing whilst our back court is failing dramatically so far this seasonlol drama

Buncha girls.

Danny hits some threes and everything is fine.

Superfluous thread.

Sean Cagney
11-05-2015, 06:03 PM
^^^^^ This.

MultiTroll
11-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Because its something worth discussing
Hence Rump Bumper can become useful in that he bumps the thread.

Cry Havoc
11-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Because its something worth discussing whilst our back court is failing dramatically so far this season

Parker has looked better this season than last.

Not sure what Patty being on the court is going to do to fix Danny Green missing wide the fuck open threes.

Also not sure how you expect Patty to bring the ball up against starting PGs when second units are devouring him right now. I love Patty, he's one of my favorite players on the Spurs, but I am holding my breath when he has to bring the ball up for our team right now. I shudder to think what someone like John Wall would have done to him over the course of the game.

DeRozan m8
11-05-2015, 07:51 PM
Parker started last season MVParker almost tbh

He'll go missing again come crunch time, dude hates the big stage

Kawhi 5-0
11-05-2015, 08:00 PM
It's gonna take Mills and Parker (and probably Ray) for us to have a good season. The 19-2 start isn't all on Tony. Parker played pretty well. The 3 to tie it vs. Washington was ice! Though it doesn't take defense into account, Parker currently has a higher PER than Mills. I'm glad to see both guys playing fairly well.

K...
11-05-2015, 08:27 PM
STILL A CANCER ON DEFENCE

The term cancer is over used. What you mean is in unathletic and old.

MultiTroll
11-05-2015, 10:44 PM
2013 only 2 games started.
1-1
And we might as well crap can the one loss as Duncan, GNob, Green and even Porker did not even make the trip to Miami.
The win?
Spurs 112 Blazers 109
23 min
7 points
4 assists

MultiTroll
11-05-2015, 11:06 PM
2014 2 games Patty started. 2 - 0
okay here is a game we can sink our teeth into:

Spurs 104 Warriors 102 Dec 19th
34 min
20 pts 8 - 17
5 assists
3 steals.
Meanwhile Phaggot Curry 12-28 after chasing Patty around rather then being on snooze control.

Spurs 109 Mavs 100
26 pts
6 assists
36 min

TrainOfThought5
11-05-2015, 11:35 PM
2014 2 games Patty started. 2 - 0
okay here is a game we can sink our teeth into:

Spurs 104 Warriors 102 Dec 19th
34 min
20 pts 8 - 17
5 assists
3 steals.
Meanwhile Phaggot Curry 12-28 after chasing Patty around rather then being on snooze control.

Spurs 109 Mavs 100
26 pts
6 assists
36 min

That warriors game was a fuckin classic. One of the best regular season games in spurs history.

Proxy
11-05-2015, 11:56 PM
I really wonder if Pop knows this. 3 games from 2012 is definitely enough information for any normal pedestrian to understand that patty would fill the play-making void that seems to be missing in the starting 5. Hopefully he reads this post on ST and makes the logical decision.

99 Problems
11-06-2015, 01:41 AM
when you see a thread titled something like 'if you were Pop wot would you do start Patty? Coaching staff doin work right there. :lol

MultiTroll
11-06-2015, 09:03 AM
I really wonder if Pop knows this. 3 games from 2012 is definitely enough information for any normal pedestrian to understand that patty would fill the play-making void that seems to be missing in the starting 5. Hopefully he reads this post on ST and makes the logical decision.
Obviously not since he let Porker sink the ship in the playoffs last year.
It's actually 7 games starting since 2012.
Plus a ton of games where Pattycake did 17+ minutes and rocked.

You need to get back in the kitchen at the PollyAnna Poppers Party.

pgardn
11-06-2015, 10:43 AM

Like Pop has never watched Patty in practice...

Patty is not a point. Repeat till exhausted.

I would like all Spurs fans to make a list of good pg attributes and then watch Patty. Movement w/ the ball: He has a very difficult time starting and stopping, there is no jitterbug to him. Patty is straight line fast, he makes his best moves while at full throttle. Vision: Patty does not see the floor well in the congestion of a set offense. If you think Parker is bad at this you have not watched Patty. When the Spurs have to set up, and are not on a break or open court situation, Patty does not see the floor well. It's very obvious. And now just keep going with what points must be able to do.

Why do people want to hamstring Patty at his best because of Parker's decline? Patty is an incredibly valuable energy 2. That's why he works very well with Manu and to a lesser extent Tony. As it stands right now we still have two limited PG, Manu and Tony.They both must have fresh legs to be at their best. Patty paired with Green is a flat out no go unless you have another guard on the floor. So until someone else on the bench can run the point, banish the thought long term.

hater
11-06-2015, 10:57 AM
LMAO start this scrub??

we would get obliterated. Sure Parker has lost a step but he is miles ahead Scrubby Mills.

hater
11-06-2015, 10:57 AM

pretty much

:lol this thread

hater
11-06-2015, 10:59 AM

:lol using "play making" and "patty" in the same sentence :lol

Mills is great but he is not a play maker at all

FromWayDowntown
11-06-2015, 11:00 AM
That Golden State win in 2012 is all anyone really needs to look at -- I mean look at those numbers! and the result! For crissakes, Patty was SO good that night that he dragged a team that gave James Anderson 40 minutes and Derrick Byars 33 minutes past the Warriors. At Oracle!

Patty's started 7 games in his career; his teams are 5-2 in those games (his teams are 195-83 in games that he comes off the bench). When he starts, his FG% dips from 44.3% to 41.7%, his 3 point percentage drops from nearly 40% to 36%. He averages 18.6 ppg and 5.0 apg, but he's significantly less efficient. If you try to play him with other high usage players -- Aldridge and Leonard, at this point -- he won't have 120 shots to score 130 points (which are his actual numbers in his 7 career starts - 17 FGA/gm compared to a shade under 6 FGA/gm in reserve appearances).

It's like so many other things in the NBA; context matters. As a starting PG getting starting PG minutes against the starting PG in the league at the moment, I'm not sure that even Patty's effort would be enough to make a difference in overcoming his clear limitations (which teams would make game plans to expose). Patty's a wonderful change-of-pace guy and when he plays with others who can make plays for him or with groups that can just play a motion offense, he's a terrific complimentary offensive weapon. Playing him in the second group with Ginobili and Diaw is the best way to maximize who he is and what he can do.

Pop knows all of this; he's too smart to change decisions that seem intuitive (Patty can't start) based on his extensive experience with the league and these players based on ridiculously small samples (Patty put up big numbers in a few games when he started) developed in extreme circumstances (look at who played in that first GST game; that don't vary much from what happens anyway -- the team wins a lot with Patty as a starter, but it also wins a lot with Parker as a starter or with Joseph as a starter.

MultiTroll
11-06-2015, 11:07 AM
That Golden State win in 2012 is all anyone really needs to look at --
Spurs 104 Warriors 102 Dec 19th 2014
34 min
20 pts 8 - 17
5 assists
3 steals.

It's also possible an entirely different player then Porker (obviously) and Patty (your points are taken) could start.
Do it RC.

FromWayDowntown
11-06-2015, 11:08 AM
It's also possible an entirely different player then Porker (obviously) and Patty (your points are taken) could start.

Who would that other player be? Surely if you have this idea, you have a name at the ready as a suggestion.

Nobody proposes a plan without an actual plan, right?

hater
11-06-2015, 11:10 AM
:lmao OP already moving goal posts :lol

"entirely different player" :lol

Cry Havoc
11-06-2015, 11:14 AM
That Golden State win in 2012 is all anyone really needs to look at -- I mean look at those numbers! and the result! For crissakes, Patty was SO good that night that he dragged a team that gave James Anderson 40 minutes and Derrick Byars 33 minutes past the Warriors. At Oracle!

I was actually at that game. Haha. 4 of our starters were sitting and our bench still one. Marvelous performance from Ferrari. Miss him now that he's gone.

Cry Havoc
11-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Spurs 104 Warriors 102 Dec 19th 2014
34 min
20 pts 8 - 17
5 assists
3 steals.

Do it RC.

Ah, the famous "no PG" lineup. Yeah, that would work well.

pgardn
11-06-2015, 11:16 AM
Who would that other player be? Surely if you have this idea, you have a name at the ready as a suggestion.

I wish we all could actually name someone with confidence.

MultiTroll
11-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Ah, the famous "no PG" lineup. Yeah, that would work well.
How'd it go with vs the Miami Heat in the Spurs Championship Finals?

MultiTroll
11-06-2015, 12:37 PM

Fine, then i get the GM powers last year to make my choice.
I don't get pigeon holed into the current mess with Porker and his 14 million a year.

FromWayDowntown
11-06-2015, 12:38 PM
I was actually at that game. Haha. 4 of our starters were sitting and our bench still one. Marvelous performance from Ferrari. Miss him now that he's gone.

Famously, that was the game that GST had to lose to keep its draft pick.

That pick, which ended up being Harrison Barnes, was going to Utah if GST won that night.

FromWayDowntown
11-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Fine, then i get the GM powers last year to make my choice.
I don't get pigeon holed into the current mess with Porker and his 14 million a year.

Okay. Name a PG in the NBA that: (a) the Spurs could have reasonably acquired -- i.e., not Lillard, not Paul, not Irving, etc . . .; and (b) who would be an upgrade.

(I'm thinking this will approach Whitney > Parker proportions).

MultiTroll
11-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Okay. Name a PG in the NBA that: (a) the Spurs could have reasonably acquired -- i.e., not Lillard, not Paul, not Irving, etc . . .; and (b) who would be an upgrade.

(I'm thinking this will approach Whitney > Parker proportions).
Great. I'm not on any immediate time limit since it's the summer of 2014.
Plus, I have the option of letting Porker play the final year of his contract in 14-15.
Pro athletes and contract years performances.
Gee we'll see if he comes in as fat and unmotivated as he did after being handed the 45 million extension.

ChumpDumper
11-06-2015, 01:41 PM
Great. I'm not on any immediate time limit since it's the summer of 2014.
Plus, I have the option of letting Porker play the final year of his contract in 14-15.
Pro athletes and contract years performances.
Gee we'll see if he comes in as fat and unmotivated as he did after being handed the 45 million extension.So, not one name?

lol flabby

ducks
11-06-2015, 01:42 PM
when patty started those games did Duncan?
did leonard start then to?

spursgu
11-06-2015, 01:44 PM

That was in 2013 with Splitter's game winning putback. 2012 was the last game of the season when the Big 3 sat out and Patty went off. Spurs were on their winning streak then and got another 50 win season thanks to Patty.

MultiTroll
11-06-2015, 01:47 PM
when patty started those games did Duncan?
did leonard start then to?
I had it last night. :lol

I think Duncs started in all 5 of the wins yes.
The two losses Duncan most def did not. DNP period. Nor did GNob Green. Even Porker was not avail for backup.

FromWayDowntown
11-06-2015, 02:48 PM
I had it last night. :lol

I think Duncs started in all 5 of the wins yes.
The two losses Duncan most def did not. DNP period. Nor did GNob Green. Even Porker was not avail for backup.

Not terribly accurate.

Here are the Spurs' starters in Patty's starts (with notes about Manu's minutes):

4/10/14 at DAL (W) -- Duncan, Leonard, Mills, Splitter, Green (Ginobili 28 minutes)
12/19/13 at GST (W) -- Leonard, Mills, Diaw, Green, Baynes
11/29/12 at MIA (L) -- Diaw, DeColo, Bonner, Splitter, Mills
11/10/12 at PRT (W) -- Green, Duncan, Mills, Leonard, Diaw (Ginobili 28 minutes)
4/26/12 at GST (W) -- Mills, Anderson, Blair, Diaw, Green
4/25/12 at PNX (W) -- Mills, Blair, Diaw, Leonard, Green
4/9/12 at UTH (L) -- Green, Jackson, Mills, Blair, Diaw

Still waiting to hear about this other guy who should be starting.

MultiTroll
11-06-2015, 03:09 PM
12/19/13 at GST (W) -- Leonard, Mills, Diaw, Green, Baynes

4/26/12 at GST (W) -- Mills, Anderson, Blair, Diaw, Green
4/25/12 at PNX (W) -- Mills, Blair, Diaw, Leonard, Green

Still waiting to hear about this other guy who should be starting.
Kinda makes Pattys Ws as a starter even more impressive. :toast Thanks.

It's summer of 2014. You're trying to put me on a 5 minute time limit too? :lol
Don't tell me Bump Humper is your alt?

I've got plenty of time to set up the 2014-15 Championship roster. Porker i can keep and motivate in a contract year. Or i can keep him up to the trade deadline and dump his expiring salary. All kinds of interest.

And i will still work separately with this years pigeon hole scenario.

FromWayDowntown
11-06-2015, 03:24 PM
And i will still work separately with this years pigeon hole scenario.

I don't know what any of this really means, but I'll take it that you started with a conclusion and you intend to work backward to justify it rather than having come to the conclusion based upon an existing justification.

That is, you don't really know what the answer is, you're just sure that there's someone who would be better than what the Spurs have, right? Why bother with specifics?

Whitney > Parker.

MultiTroll
11-06-2015, 04:26 PM
^^^
Judge: "Sit down Mr. WayDownTown. Your wild speculation is dismissed. Mr. Fabbs had petitioned the court long ago for his Friday afternoon-eve card game. Court is in recess."

wildbill2u
11-06-2015, 04:35 PM
He's doing too much dribble & not enough shooting. Porker is rubbing on him...:bang

Ah, the evil influence ploy. Thank God Kawhi isn't going to succumb to Parkeritis and won't start going iso a lot when he could be moving the ball.

Oh? He has? Nevermind.

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2015, 04:47 PM
Ah, the evil influence ploy. Thank God Kawhi isn't going to succumb to Parkeritis and won't start going iso a lot when he could be moving the ball.

Oh? He has? Nevermind.

Except Kawhi isn't the point guard & is a finisher like LaMarsha. If Faggy Green could make a shot Kawhi would have at least 2 assists a game. Porker is the one w/ the ball & dictates who gets the ball.....he chose to freeze out Kawhi & go for his in the 2nd half.

SAGirl
11-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Like Pop has never watched Patty in practice...

Patty is not a point. Repeat till exhausted.

I would like all Spurs fans to make a list of good pg attributes and then watch Patty. Movement w/ the ball: He has a very difficult time starting and stopping, there is no jitterbug to him. Patty is straight line fast, he makes his best moves while at full throttle. Vision: Patty does not see the floor well in the congestion of a set offense. If you think Parker is bad at this you have not watched Patty. When the Spurs have to set up, and are not on a break or open court situation, Patty does not see the floor well. It's very obvious. And now just keep going with what points must be able to do.

Why do people want to hamstring Patty at his best because of Parker's decline? Patty is an incredibly valuable energy 2. That's why he works very well with Manu and to a lesser extent Tony. As it stands right now we still have two limited PG, Manu and Tony.They both must have fresh legs to be at their best. Patty paired with Green is a flat out no go unless you have another guard on the floor. So until someone else on the bench can run the point, banish the thought long term.
I agree completely with this.
Patty/Danny has been horrendous.

YGWHI
11-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Bump...:flag:

YGWHI
11-07-2015, 11:37 PM
He won't start games but we need this Patty...effective, aggressive, making shots, asts, stls...He had a great game!

Mal
11-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Nice one, +39

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 11:41 PM
Did he start tonight?

Kawhitstorm
11-08-2015, 05:35 AM
Ray starting is more likely whenever Tony is out of the starting line-up

dweaver99027
11-08-2015, 06:15 AM
It's not so much that Mills is better than Parker, it's that Parker would be more suited to the 6th man role nowadays. Problem is, a Mills/Green backcourt is very lacking in creativity and penetration. Mills has to be paired with Manu.

MultiTroll
12-04-2015, 02:28 PM

What I've done in the past months, given Parkers albatross contract is initially offered Parker and Bonner for James Harden and Howard. After Harden was spotted out with one of the Kardashian Skunks and refused to sign a waiver saying he would not get within 1 mile of her nor she be allowed within 10 miles of a Spurs game and Harden refused, i rescinded talks.

I also told Parker i would open up talks with Beno Undies. While Beno has not been that good, at that point he was doing much better then Porker.

It worked, scared Parker into his current past 3 weeks play.
I will continue to monitor.

MultiTroll
12-04-2015, 02:31 PM
It's not so much that Mills is better than Parker, it's that Parker would be more suited to the 6th man role nowadays. Problem is, a Mills/Green backcourt is very lacking in creativity and penetration. Mills has to be paired with Manu.
True, agree it has mattered whom Patty has (or has not) been paired with.

FromWayDowntown
When he starts, his FG% dips from 44.3% to 41.7%, his 3 point percentage drops from nearly 40% to 36%. He averages 18.6 ppg and 5.0 apg, but he's significantly less efficient. If you try to play him with other high usage players -- Aldridge and Leonard, at this point -- he won't have 120 shots to score 130 points (which are his actual numbers in his 7 career starts - 17 FGA/gm compared to a shade under 6 FGA/gm in reserve appearances).

AFMadison
12-04-2015, 03:52 PM
This has nothing to do with pairing, TP is better suited to run the point.

dweaver99027
12-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Well, if TP keeps hovering around 20 PER and busting his arse on defense, he's the much better player of the two, that's for sure.

TheGreatYacht
12-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Well, if TP keeps hovering around 20 PER and busting his arse on defense, he's the much better player of the two, that's for sure.
Set the tone for the rest of the team tonight. Him and LMA are clicking faster than what I thought

bic50
12-07-2015, 11:19 PM
^player fan :rolleyes

ajh18
12-07-2015, 11:23 PM
Tony seems to be a pretty good pick-and-pop player. Definitely moreso than passing to the roller, which is more Manu's specialty.

dweaver99027
12-09-2015, 12:41 AM
A good Parker that is a threat to finish after penetration is essential for open LMA jumpers. I don't remember Aldridge getting so many open looks in Portland , if he gets his averages up to his norm on the mid range, he'll be extremely efficient and productive.