PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Legacy

TheSanityAnnex
11-05-2015, 04:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/515212354816966656/3JaR2Y9W_normal.jpeg Rory Cooper @rorycooper Under President Obama, Democrats have lost 900+ state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats. That's some legacy.
6:01 AM - 4 Nov 2015 (https://twitter.com/rorycooper/status/661906137562923009)

Feel free to add to the list.

SpursforSix
11-05-2015, 04:12 PM
National debt increased over 7 trillion dollars.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Eternal butthurt from people like the OP is his legacy.

boutons_deux
11-05-2015, 05:02 PM
And every state where Repugs dominate the govt, the state is fucked up, corrupt, low-wage, low-education, financial basket case, etc, etc.

hater
11-05-2015, 06:52 PM
Lol the 2 nancies above me changing the subject

ChumpDumper
11-05-2015, 07:00 PM
The subject is a two term president's party has lost other offices.

Wow.

This will not be Obama's legacy. No one ever talks about shit like that years later, Nancy.

Clipper Nation
11-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Bombed more countries than Dubya.

First Nobel Peace Prize winner to bomb another Nobel Peace Prize winner.

rmt
11-05-2015, 07:20 PM
And every state where Repugs dominate the govt, the state is fucked up, corrupt, low-wage, low-education, financial basket case, etc, etc.

I disagree with the financial basket case - what say you about Dem-run Detroit/Chicago? It's the Dems' state/local-run govt that's gonna have financial problems - underfunded pensions leading to high property taxes, state taxes, etc. eg. Illinois is 43.4% funded - major problems ahead for them. Not to worry, Florida and Texas are 86.9% and 82.9% - not too bad. Wisconsin is an amazing 99.8% funded.

Low-wage is relative to cost of living. Salaries are higher in Los Angeles, NYC, etc but the cost of living is so high - good luck with rent much less trying to afford a house. Yes, salaries are lower in FL and TX but cost of living is much lower - can actually afford to buy a house here. Saying that - TX property taxes are going crazy - but that's probably to pay for the education of all those illegals you have. Property taxes in FL are capped at a max of 3% per year. If only we had the tech sector you guys have - sadly, tourism is the driver here.

rmt
11-05-2015, 07:43 PM
1. Iran deal - some of you think repubs are crazies - they are nothing compared to those who want death to America - so scary. Nuclear bomb is not gonna differentiate between Dems and repubs - 24 day notice is ridiculous.

2. 18+ trillion in debt - this is not even counting the unfunded liabilities for Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid and no, our SS/Medicare is not in some lockbox - it's ALREADY been spent. Those states that accepted Obamacare's Medicaid expansion are gonna be in trouble when the fed cuts their help - they have to balance their budget unlike the federal govt that can just print more money/add to deficit. And yes, Obama alone is not responsible for the 18+ trillion debt but by the time he leaves office, the debt accumulated under his presidency will be more than all the previous presidents COMBINED.

baseline bum
11-05-2015, 07:45 PM
His legacy is getting elected on change and instead being not too different from Bush.

TheSanityAnnex
11-05-2015, 09:02 PM
The subject is a two term president's party has lost other offices.

Wow.

This will not be Obama's legacy. No one ever talks about shit like that years later, Nancy.
What will be Obama's legacy?

Th'Pusher
11-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Preventing second Great Depression, ACA, nuclear deal with Iran...potentially the TPP.

DMX7
11-05-2015, 09:19 PM

Two term president, revived the economy, got Bin Laden, yet couldn't solve the disaster in the middle east (no one can now).

Chucho
11-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Good lord, Chump Dumper...I thought you were a little smarter than being a tool that divides the line based on party affiliation. Common sense is what is lacking and tools like you just say "omg Repuitards rabble rabble no real argument." It's not a Repub-Demo thing, it's an objective thing. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of "this is what he did." Can't spin actions, man.

He will be remembered for doing things for Posterity's sake to cover up all the awful things he did. He's smart enough to know that by and large, the American public is stupid enough to forget most things.

Gotta love a spinster that makes people believe that he fixed healthcare. He just forced people to pay for insurance, which is just a pass to rising healthcare costs, costs that raise faster than inflation.

But for the people who look at things OBJECTIVELY, and not like a full blown tool that is too stupid and caught up in discriminating between parties, you would see:

Debt is absolutely off the scales. he spent more in a recovery than his predecessor did during a war.

Removed the freedom of choice. Promoting healthcare is great. Fining people who don't is not. Doing NOTHING to actually regulate the healthcare industry to bring costs down for EVERYONE.

Went against his own party oftentimes, to pass his agendas through.

Not once, not ONCE did he ever have his budget in proposal form on time. Bush was late once.

The Iran issue. This alone is more vile than anything anyone since LBJ has done in the office. If you don't understand why this is bad, well...it's easier to say you're an idiot.

Th'Pusher
11-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Good lord, Chump Dumper...I thought you were a little smarter than being a tool that divides the line based on party affiliation. Common sense is what is lacking and tools like you just say "omg Repuitards rabble rabble no real argument." It's not a Repub-Demo thing, it's an objective thing. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of "this is what he did." Can't spin actions, man.

He will be remembered for doing things for Posterity's sake to cover up all the awful things he did. He's smart enough to know that by and large, the American public is stupid enough to forget most things.

Gotta love a spinster that makes people believe that he fixed healthcare. He just forced people to pay for insurance, which is just a pass to rising healthcare costs, costs that raise faster than inflation.

But for the people who look at things OBJECTIVELY, and not like a full blown tool that is too stupid and caught up in discriminating between parties, you would see:

Debt is absolutely off the scales. he spent more in a recovery than his predecessor did during a war.

Removed the freedom of choice. Promoting healthcare is great. Fining people who don't is not. Doing NOTHING to actually regulate the healthcare industry to bring costs down for EVERYONE.

Not once, not ONCE did he ever have his budget in proposal form on time. Bush was late once.

The Iran issue. This alone is more vile than anything anyone since LBJ has done in the office. If you don't understand why this is bad, well...it's easier to say you're an idiot.

:lol objectively

You're an emotional wreck.

Nbadan
11-05-2015, 09:40 PM

Wow....

Nbadan
11-05-2015, 09:43 PM
The ACA and sadly, illegal wiretapping...certainly not what Progressives thought they were voting for in 08.....really turned out to be a wall street centrist...but at least he stopped the Roberts court from going full wingnut.. for now...

TheSanityAnnex
11-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Preventing second Great Depression, ACA :lol , nuclear deal with Iran :lol ...potentially the TPP.

TheSanityAnnex
11-05-2015, 09:45 PM
The ACA and sadly, illegal wiretapping...certainly not what Progressives thought they were voting for in 08.....really turned out to be a wall street centrist...but at least he stopped the Roberts court from going full wingnut.. for now...
Quite the legacy

ElNono
11-05-2015, 10:03 PM
Positives:
- Nabbing OBL
- Shaking up the status quo on healthcare. I think ACA is largely crap, BUT, it shook up a system that was pretty darn terrible too. Hopefully something decent can be built from here.
- Will probably be well remembered by minorities (gay marriage, Ferguson, BLM, DACA, etc)
- Did pretty well with the economy considering the shitfest he inherited and basically a non-working Congress in his 2nd term

Negatives:
- Married to Wall Street
- Not quite a hawk like Shillary, but also not that far off
- Detrimental to civil liberties
- Spoke about inequality, did nothing about it, and only increased during his tenure

Time will tell:
- Potentially the Iranian deal
- I'm not in favor of the TPP, but it can go either way

ElNono
11-05-2015, 10:06 PM
On the positives, you can also probably add the increase in Oil production and energy independence too... something that was even a campaign issue 8 years ago.

TheSanityAnnex
11-05-2015, 10:11 PM
Positives:
- Nabbing OBL
- Shaking up the status quo on healthcare. I think ACA is largely crap, BUT, it shook up a system that was pretty darn terrible too. Hopefully something decent can be built from here.
- Will probably be well remembered by minorities (gay marriage, Ferguson, BLM, DACA, etc)
- Did pretty well with the economy considering the shitfest he inherited and basically a non-working Congress in his 2nd term

Negatives:
- Married to Wall Street
- Not quite a hawk like Shillary, but also not that far off
- Detrimental to civil liberties
- Spoke about inequality, did nothing about it, and only increased during his tenure

Time will tell:
- Potentially the Iranian deal
- I'm not in favor of the TPP, but it can go either way
Well remembered for Ferguson? :lol I think you meant to put that in the negative column. Please explain.

ElNono
11-05-2015, 10:21 PM
Well remembered for Ferguson? :lol I think you meant to put that in the negative column. Please explain.

It's under minorities. Black folk will remember him well for his reaction to that and other black incidents.

Nbadan
11-05-2015, 10:49 PM
It's under minorities. Black folk will remember him well for his reaction to that and other black incidents.

...he routinely gets 90% of the African American vote...he could kill Clearance Thomas....walk up to him and stab him in his missing heart.. and he'd still get 80%...

Nbadan
11-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Nabbing OBL

Killery would have pulled the trigger much earlier....

ChumpDumper
11-05-2015, 10:51 PM
What will be Obama's legacy?All depends. That's why no one says what a President's legacy is while he's still president. Could be the economy, health care or the beginnings of a rapprochement with Iran and Cuba.

Can you seriously say any other president's main legacy was his party's losing local elections?

Blake's Cucktainer
11-05-2015, 10:52 PM
All depends. That's why no one says what a President's legacy is while he's still president. Could be the economy, health care or the beginnings of a rapprochement with Iran and Cuba.

Can you seriously say any other president's main legacy was his party's losing local elections?

More Communist drivel from the ratcoon face.

Nbadan
11-05-2015, 10:53 PM
Shaking up the status quo on healthcare. I think ACA is largely crap, BUT, it shook up a system that was pretty darn terrible too. Hopefully something decent can be built from here.

Well.....employees are seeing a small to size-able increase in take home pay thanks to keeping prices affordable and yearly increases....

Nbadan
11-05-2015, 10:53 PM
More Communist drivel from the ratcoon face.

:lol

ChumpDumper
11-05-2015, 10:55 PM
More Communist drivel from the ratcoon face.Why don't you use your main screen name?

It's not like it matters -- it's all content-free whining from you.

pgardn
11-05-2015, 10:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/515212354816966656/3JaR2Y9W_normal.jpegRory Cooper@rorycooper Under President Obama, Democrats have lost 900+ state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats. That's some legacy.
6:01 AM - 4 Nov 2015 (https://twitter.com/rorycooper/status/661906137562923009)

Feel free to add to the list.

So we should vote him in a 3rd term as the Republicans used this advantage to... to...

Increase the numbers of Republicans in political office so that they could... could...

Ahhh... Lose the presidency again?

Until the Republicans actually accomplish something, anything, what the f does it matter?
What is the Republican solution for Health Care, or, there was no problem to begin with?
I think we could continue this list ad nauseum.

Nbadan
11-05-2015, 10:59 PM
So we should vote him in a 3rd term as the Republicans used this advantage to... to...

If Obama ran as a Republican he'd probably win the nomination....FAUX News would have to do a 180.....

TheSanityAnnex
11-05-2015, 11:17 PM
His reaction to Ferguson was premature and shown to be based on a lie by his own justice department. No folk should remember him well for that.

TheSanityAnnex
11-05-2015, 11:24 PM
All depends. That's why no one says what a President's legacy is while he's still president. Could be the economy, health care or the beginnings of a rapprochement with Iran and Cuba.

Of course people say what a presidents legacy will be while he's president, especially on a message board and especially in this thread.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2015, 11:26 PM
Of course people say what a presidents legacy will be while he's president, especially on a message board and especially in this thread.So that's all you think it will be? The loss of local elections?

Who else has that as the main legacy?

TheSanityAnnex
11-05-2015, 11:29 PM
So that's all you think it will be? The loss of local elections?

Who else has that as the main legacy?

Don't like the thread leave?

Trill Clinton
11-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Fucc Obama

ChumpDumper
11-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Don't like the thread leave?I asked you two questions.

Please quit being an evasive bitch and answer them.

rmt
11-06-2015, 12:54 AM

You mean for jumping to the wrong conclusions (seeing as Wilson was exonerated) and sending representatives to a criminal's funeral.

TheSanityAnnex
11-06-2015, 12:57 AM
I asked you two questions.

Please quit being an evasive bitch and answer them.

You don't seem to be having any fun, you should leave.

rmt
11-06-2015, 12:59 AM
Well.....employees are seeing a small to size-able increase in take home pay thanks to keeping prices affordable and yearly increases....

In what world are Obamacare prices affordable? Maybe for those with subsidies but for the rest of us - $1610 to cover my family of 5. What a misnomer - some AFFORDABLE care act.

ElNono
11-06-2015, 01:26 AM
His reaction to Ferguson was premature and shown to be based on a lie by his own justice department. No folk should remember him well for that.

You mean for jumping to the wrong conclusions (seeing as Wilson was exonerated) and sending representatives to a criminal's funeral.

Don't have to agree or like it, but it's undeniable that made a positive impact with certain minority. That and other alleged racial incidents. Just like gay marriage, or DACA with hispanics.

Othyus Lalanne
11-06-2015, 01:32 AM
Two term president, revived the economy, got Bin Laden, yet couldn't solve the disaster in the middle east (no one can now).
You mean he created even more chaos and restarted tensions with Russia. Bin Laden will not be remembered as an accomplishment, historical footnote.

spurraider21
11-06-2015, 01:45 AM
racial issues have been as strong as they've been in 20 years under his watch though, hard to call race relations a positive

ElNono
11-06-2015, 01:55 AM
racial issues have been as strong as they've been in 20 years under his watch though, hard to call race relations a positive

Personally, I don't really agree with that. I would agree he brought it to the forefront and the news cycle, and so it might appear to be that way. But the racial tensions have always been there.

But that's exactly what certain minorities wanted, that's why i think they'll remember him for that.

spurraider21
11-06-2015, 01:56 AM
Personally, I don't really agree with that. I would agree he brought it to the forefront and the news cycle, and so it might appear to be that way. But the racial tensions have always been there.

But that's exactly what certain minorities wanted, that's why i think they'll remember him for that.
minorities will typically find a way to spin events to make their brethren look better, so i dont necessarily doubt that

ChumpDumper
11-06-2015, 09:47 AM
You don't seem to be having any fun, you should leave.Watching you avoid answering simple questions is a lot of fun tbh.

You should leave if you can't handle it.

ElNono
11-06-2015, 09:47 AM
minorities will typically find a way to spin events to make their brethren look better, so i dont necessarily doubt that

I think in some of those cases there were tangible changes... like expansion of police body cameras, the gay marriage ruling, dreamers getting work permits, etc... that's why I think it's more than just 'spin'...

Now, some people hate one or more of those things, and obviously will be quick to forget that, but I think he made a long lasting impact in those minorities

Spurminator
11-06-2015, 09:50 AM
Social issues and wars are typically the most remembered. He'll be remembered as the first black President, as the President in office when gay marriage was legalized, and the President who got Bin Laden. In the mainstream, he'll be remembered positively. He'll get a pass on foreign policy and surveillance until a more hawkish (likely GOP) President continues them or ramps them up, and that President will get the brunt of the criticism for those policies. That's how history go.

Also, generally, I think people will look on the surface and say it was a pretty good 8 years for the economy.

Spurminator
11-06-2015, 09:51 AM
I guess it'll also depend on who's writing history, or which version you're reading.

Spurminator
11-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Also, the Tweeter in the OP does realize there will be more local/state elections next year, right? I can guarantee no President's legacy has ever been his party's seat count at the end of his 7th year in office.

DMX7
11-06-2015, 10:48 AM
You mean he created even more chaos and restarted tensions with Russia. Bin Laden will not be remembered as an accomplishment, historical footnote.

He created more chaos and restarted tensions with Russia? Please tell me more about how he did this.

spurraider21
11-06-2015, 12:22 PM
I think in some of those cases there were tangible changes... like expansion of police body cameras, the gay marriage ruling, dreamers getting work permits, etc... that's why I think it's more than just 'spin'...

Now, some people hate one or more of those things, and obviously will be quick to forget that, but I think he made a long lasting impact in those minorities
But gay marriage was scotus. During his campaigns Obama was against gay marriage

boutons_deux
11-06-2015, 12:27 PM
But gay marriage was scotus. During his campaigns Obama was against gay marriage

he reversed and his DoJ got DOMA killed

spurraider21
11-06-2015, 12:30 PM
he reversed and his DoJ got DOMA killed
scotus gonna scotus

boutons_deux
11-06-2015, 12:32 PM
Clean Power Plan and other environmental acts, if not killed by BigOil's whores in Congress and in slave/red states.

Nbadan
11-06-2015, 12:40 PM
In what world are Obamacare prices affordable? Maybe for those with subsidies but for the rest of us - $1610 to cover my family of 5. What a misnomer - some AFFORDABLE care act.

In the health care inflation game unfortunately....prices are rising much slower today than they did without the ACA....I favor single payer as should any rational adult...

boutons_deux
11-06-2015, 12:43 PM

ACA made health care affordable, accessible for people who couldn't get any due to disease, infirmities, for really poor people now covered by expanded Medicaid (except in the red, slave states).

ACA doesn't set prices (your Repugs even REGULATED that Medicare couldn't negotiate with BigPharma, had to pay full freight), your insurance company does. bitch at them.

Nbadan
11-06-2015, 12:45 PM
None the less, Obama's legacy will be the ACA, that's long-term...In the short term..ISIS...we're still fucking up in the Middle East like we did South and Central America in the 60's-now...the history of ISIS and FARC aren't that far apart...

boutons_deux
11-06-2015, 12:48 PM

Obama administration seeks to negotiate Medicare drug prices

The Obama administration said on Monday it would seek authority to negotiate prices for high-cost drugs under the government's Medicare Part D program, which offers private drug coverage for senior citizens and the disabled.

President Barack Obama's new $3.99 trillion budget for fiscal-year 2016 proposes allowing the U.S. secretary for health and human services to negotiate prices for biotechnology treatments and other high-cost drugs in Part D "to ensure access to and affordability of these treatments."

But the plan would require the administration to get a green light from Congress, where Republicans who control the House of Representatives and Senate have openly favored market forces over government intervention as a vehicle for containing healthcare costs.

Congress prohibited Medicare from negotiating directly with drug companies in 2003 when it created Part D under then-President George W. Bush.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/02/us-usa-budget-medicare-idUSKBN0L61OW20150202

Nbadan
11-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Congress prohibited Medicare from negotiating directly with drug companies in 2003 when it created Part D under then-President George W. Bush

One of those 'clauses' they don't tell you about...

DarrinS
11-06-2015, 01:02 PM
Eternal butthurt from people like the OP is his legacy.

You just can't help yourself

ElNono
11-06-2015, 01:07 PM

Sure, but it happened during his administration... sometimes you get that kinda freebies... one would suspect a GOP president would've pressed on with an equivalent to DOMA if it had the chance...

Othyus Lalanne
11-06-2015, 01:09 PM
He created more chaos and restarted tensions with Russia? Please tell me more about how he did this.

H would not leave Russia alone on his own backyard and the ''moderate'' rebels he supports have a tendency to disappear after the autocrat is gone.

angrydude
11-06-2015, 01:13 PM
Somehow managing to fuck up the middle east even more than it already was

Nbadan
11-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Somehow managing to fuck up the middle east even more than it already was

Is that possible? Our Allies in the region still lobe heads...

ChumpDumper
11-06-2015, 01:32 PM
You just can't help yourselfYou will also be eternally butthurt.

Othyus Lalanne
11-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Is that possible? Our Allies in the region still lobe heads...

Of course its possible, you can always cut of more heads and eat more hearts.

Othyus Lalanne
11-06-2015, 01:37 PM
You will also be eternally butthurt.

Nobody will be. Sometimes i forget Bush ever existed.

ChumpDumper
11-06-2015, 01:42 PM
Nobody will be. Sometimes i forget Bush ever existed.You underestimate Darrin's capacity for butthurt.

boutons_deux
11-06-2015, 02:11 PM

this fatuous asshole is nearly always wrong,like William Kristol and all Repugs/conservatives, so caveat emptor

Great News! We’re Not Doomed to Soaring Health Care Costs

The good news is that recently health care inflation has been at historic lows. As Jason Furman, the chairman of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers, put it in a speech (https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/page/files/20151007_next_steps_health_care_reform.pdf) to the Hamilton Project last month, “Health care prices have grown at an annual rate of 1.6 percent since the Affordable Care Act was enacted in March 2010, the slowest rate for such a period in five decades, and those prices have grown at an even slower 1.1 percent rate over the 12 months ending in August 2015.”

As a result of the slowdown in health care inflation, the Congressional Budget Office keeps reducing its projections of the future cost of federal health programs like Medicare. As of October, projections for federal health care spending in the year 2020 were $175 billion lower than the projections made in August 2010. That would be a huge budget improvement.

We seem to be making at least some incremental progress toward a structural reduction in health care inflation. Many Americans are feeling gloomy about accomplishing anything these days, but progress is possible. We haven’t whipped health care inflation, or defeated our intractable budget issues. But the evidence suggests we’re landing a few serious blows.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/06/opinion/great-news-were-not-doomed-to-soaring-health-care-costs.html?ref=opinion

"progress is possible" as seen by PROGRESSIVE policies of ACA

progress everywhere else has been and will be obstructed by Repugs who keep getting voted in by the citizens they fuck over.

DarrinS
11-06-2015, 04:55 PM

Lol, I rarely post here anymore.

ChumpDumper
11-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Lol, I rarely post here anymore.But when you do....

Quetzal-X
11-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Barrys legacy will be sending racist honkies over the edge with their domestic terrorist ways. Dont worry , he cant really run for a 3rd. Det change fucked up honkies pretty good tbh.

Blake's Cucktainer
11-06-2015, 11:10 PM

And your face will still resemble the unholy love child of a rat and a raccoon.

Wild Cobra
11-07-2015, 12:32 AM

Yet somehow, their standard of living is better.

Wild Cobra
11-07-2015, 12:33 AM
...he routinely gets 90% of the African American vote...he could kill Clearance Thomas....walk up to him and stab him in his missing heart.. and he'd still get 80%...

Yep.

Just shows how racist blacks are and their dislike for Uncle Toms.

Wild Cobra
11-07-2015, 12:36 AM

Maybe he wants to revive the cold war that ended in '89?

ChumpDumper
11-07-2015, 03:43 AM
And your face will still resemble the unholy love child of a rat and a raccoon.Say that with your main screen name.

rmt
11-08-2015, 01:55 AM
ACA made health care affordable, accessible for people who couldn't get any due to disease, infirmities, for really poor people now covered by expanded Medicaid (except in the red, slave states).

ACA doesn't set prices (your Repugs even REGULATED that Medicare couldn't negotiate with BigPharma, had to pay full freight), your insurance company does. bitch at them.

It's affordable only to those on Medicaid or with subsidies. The rest of us - NOT.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngoodman/2015/11/04/obamacare-premium-hikes-much-higher-than-weve-been-told/

boutons_deux
11-08-2015, 08:23 AM
It's affordable only to those on Medicaid or with subsidies. The rest of us - NOT.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngoodman/2015/11/04/obamacare-premium-hikes-much-higher-than-weve-been-told/

Again, bitch at your greedy, predatory, for-profit insurance company, not ACA.

Koolaid_Man
11-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Barrys legacy will be sending racist honkies over the edge with their domestic terrorist ways. Dont worry , he cant really run for a 3rd. Det change fucked up honkies pretty good tbh.

:lmao

Koolaid_Man
11-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Yep.

Just shows how racist blacks are and their dislike for Uncle Toms.

By default haven't whites been voting white 100% of the vote since the beginning of the process for hundreds of years....

Let me answer that for you..yes they have..they've always voted race and its the reason we just got the first black man elected....the same reason I voted for him was the same reason you didn't....now go restitch your clan sheets to hide your ugly mug...:lol

Koolaid_Man
11-08-2015, 09:30 AM
Fucc Obama

Why?

Koolaid_Man
11-08-2015, 09:32 AM

You should have asked me..shall I? Please take notes might learn a thing or 10 besides all that racist drivel from the Tea-liban :lol

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/2015-06-28T15-02-43-966Z--1280x720.nbcnews-video-reststate-640_zpsnsz0ub5f.jpg

“The first black president​, President Obama took office amid the Great [Global] Recession​, stabilized the economy with a stimulus ​and auto bailout​ and saved the historic American Auto industries. Passed Universal Health care largest legislation since Social Security of the 1930s and presided over Wall Street reform ​amidst unprecedented and fierce opposition, and implemented a suite of regulations aimed at combatting climate change​. The first president to embrace marriage equality​, he presided over the landmark Obergefell v. Hodges​ decision ​legalizing it nationwide and allowing gays and transgenders to serve openly in the military.

Lead 11 Pacific Rim Nations and signed the Historic Trans-Pacific Partnership Free Trade Agreement.
Nobel Peace Prize winning President who restored America's standing in the world by adopting a diplomatic approach to foreign policy. Normalized relations with Cuba (allowing American travel) and forced the Congress's hand to lift a stale 50 yr embargo. Stopped Nuclear proliferation in the middle east by leading a global coalition (that included major world power adversaries such as Russia and China) that worked an historic agreement with Iran to end it's weaponized nuclear program almost 30 yrs after Ronald Reagans Iran Contra scandal that enabled Iran to come to power. Killed Osama Bin Laden and dismantled Al-Queda terror networks throughout the world. Ended two major wars and saved American soldier lives by implementing a robust and efficient drone program.

Issued executive order towards immigration reform protecting tens of millions of families in the US and implemented a policy to change drug laws that unfairly target minority communities. Started an historic community out reach program that builds trusts between the police and community in the wake of various social injustices and became the first President in history to visit a federal prison toward prison reform.

Helped heal the nation in the wake of the great racial divide by overseeing the marginalization of the hate symbol confederate flag and being the first President in US history to sing praise and home coming eulogies from the pulpit.

I'm sure there's more....and this story of success has 18 more months to go :toast

rmt
11-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Again, bitch at your greedy, predatory, for-profit insurance company, not ACA.

the requirements of the so-called "85/15 Rule" of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which sets a 15 percent threshold on the amount of premium dollars insurers can spend on administrative costs (salaries, sales and advertising). Under the 85/15 Rule a health care insurer that uses less than 85 percent of the health care premium dollars it receives (calculated on a state-by-state basis) to provide medical care (doctors and hospital bills, as well as activities designed to improve health care quality) must either rebate the percentage difference between what it did spend and 85 percent to the covered employers or apply the rebate amount to the employers' health insurance premiums.

http://www.loeb.com/articles-clientalertsreports-20120731-affordablecareacthealthinsurancepremiumrebates

85% must be spent on health care costs. It is ACA's 10 essential mandates, fees and taxes that are driving up the premiums. Those 10 essential benefits e.g. require that men's, children's, post-menopausal women (not on Medicare) policies include maternity benefits, birth control pills, pap smears, etc. It mandates unnecessary benefits that are impossible to be used by certain segments of the population thus driving up costs.

rmt
11-08-2015, 03:42 PM
Issued executive order towards immigration reform protecting tens of millions of families in the US and implemented a policy to change drug laws that unfairly target minority communities. Started an historic community out reach program that builds trusts between the police and community in the wake of various social injustices and became the first President in history to visit a federal prison toward prison reform.

Helped heal the nation in the wake of the great racial divide by overseeing the marginalization of the hate symbol confederate flag and being the first President in US history to sing praise and home coming eulogies from the pulpit.

Do you really believe this drivel? Trust between the police and community is at all-time lows - cops don't want to get out of their cars/go the extra mile to check anything suspicious - they're just doing what they have to do. Obama has made racial relations worse - doing stupid things like jumping to conclusions about Michael Brown and sending his representatives to a criminal's funeral.

Wild Cobra
11-08-2015, 03:45 PM
By default haven't whites been voting white 100% of the vote since the beginning of the process for hundreds of years....

OMG....

Obama is the first black man making it in the process as a parties nominee, and he got about half the white vote.

Your race game is stupid.

rmt
11-08-2015, 03:52 PM
I detest when people vote for someone BECAUSE they are black or a woman. My aunt is going to vote for Hillary because, "Wouldn't it be great to have a woman president?" Maybe she thinks Hillary will be like Margaret Thatcher - wish I could lol but it's just pathetic.

Wild Cobra
11-08-2015, 04:00 PM
I detest when people vote for someone BECAUSE they are black or a woman. My aunt is going to vote for Hillary because, "Wouldn't it be great to have a woman president?" Maybe she thinks Hillary will be like Margaret Thatcher - wish I could lol but it's just pathetic.

Racism and sexism, and so many other "isms" are still alive.

The left just won't let go of them.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Racism and sexism, and so many other "isms" are still alive.

The left just won't let go of them.Would you let Ben Carson operate on you?

Wild Cobra
11-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Would you let Ben Carson operate on you?

A pediatric neurosurgeon?

He has proven himself. Sure. Why not?

ChumpDumper
11-08-2015, 04:22 PM
A pediatric neurosurgeon?

He has proven himself. Sure. Why not?That's not what you said about black surgeons before.

Koolaid_Man
11-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Do you really believe this drivel? Trust between the police and community is at all-time lows - cops don't want to get out of their cars/go the extra mile to check anything suspicious - they're just doing what they have to do. Obama has made racial relations worse - doing stupid things like jumping to conclusions about Michael Brown and sending his representatives to a criminal's funeral.

Not because Obama didnt do his part...but rather because corrupt police forces around this country think it's aye ok to continue committing murder since its always something they've gotten away with impunity....the cops have refused to accept that we now live in a social media society and they're frustrated like hell they can't kill without scrutiny....

Obama did the right thing with Mike Brown especially since extreme rioting had already started...as CIC it's always your responsibility to quiet the riotous crowd....you have zero perspective on the social ramifications of injustice in this country so keep your fucking mouth shut about it...ok..good..thanks

Koolaid_Man
11-08-2015, 04:50 PM
OMG....

Obama is the first black man making it in the process as a parties nominee, and he got about half the white vote.

Your race game is stupid.

Like I said..the same reason I voted for him was the same reason you didn't vote for him..ok...Mr. KKK....

Koolaid_Man
11-08-2015, 04:51 PM

I will vote for Hilary because she is a woman..it also helps that shes qualified and experienced....

Wild Cobra
11-08-2015, 05:18 PM
That's not what you said about black surgeons before.

You know, it's a lie when you misconstrue what someone says. I do realize you are one of the more intelligent members here, so you are being intellectually dishonest, rather than ignorant. I still haven't decided which is worse though.

Wild Cobra
11-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Like I said..the same reason I voted for him was the same reason you didn't vote for him..ok...Mr. KKK....

I didn't vote for him because:

1) He has no executive experience.

2) He is a liberal.

3) He is very dishonest.

4) I disagree with almost everything he supports.

It has nothing to do with his color, you fucking race baiter.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2015, 05:26 PM
You know, it's a lie when you misconstrue what someone says. I do realize you are one of the more intelligent members here, so you are being intellectually dishonest, rather than ignorant. I still haven't decided which is worse though.
I think we all do. Affirmative action has done more harm to the black community than racism in some ways. Because of quotas, we cannot know if a person made certain position or jobs by merit, or by quotas.

Would you go to a black surgeon for an operation if he was a product of affirmative action? Of course this information isn't readily available, so most smart people avoid black surgeons. I wonder what type of impact this has on jobs for black. It is a form of prejudice, but it isn't racism.So smart people would avoid having Ben Carson as their surgeon.

Koolaid_Man
11-08-2015, 06:12 PM
I didn't vote for him because:

1) He has no executive experience. Bush did and he led us into the worst depression since the 1930's. Besides serving 12 yrs in State Senate and 2yrs in US Senate was good enough..

2) He is a liberal. So was Ronald Reagan....dont make me prove it...:lol

3) He is very dishonest. :lmao ever heard of WMD's? But then again name me a man who isn't...:lol

4) I disagree with almost everything he supports. Not surprised... Poor brianwashed southern hicks tend to vote against their own interest...

It has nothing to do with his color, you fucking race baiter. Yeah sure Sherlock....and the sun is ice cold....I believe you....:lol

See comments in red...

spurraider21
11-08-2015, 06:28 PM
So smart people would avoid having Ben Carson as their surgeon.
are you suggesting Carson is a product of affirmative action and not merit?

ChumpDumper
11-08-2015, 06:30 PM
are you suggesting Carson is a product of affirmative action and not merit?WC says it can't be kn:crywn, so I'm asking him.

I've been treated by minority doctors before, so I have no such hangups.

mingus
11-08-2015, 07:34 PM
if a Dr. passed his/her boards, it doesn't matter what demographic group he belongs do or how he got there (whether by affirmative action or white privilege [anybody who denies that this exists and is fairly common practice is a moron--and I'm conservative]), then that doctor is legit. There's no quota when it comes to passing the boards, and contrary to what WC believes most doctors have their boards certificate posted on their office walls, or verification of it on their website. So it is readily available

rmt
11-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Not because Obama didnt do his part...but rather because corrupt police forces around this country think it's aye ok to continue committing murder since its always something they've gotten away with impunity....the cops have refused to accept that we now live in a social media society and they're frustrated like hell they can't kill without scrutiny....

Obama did the right thing with Mike Brown especially since extreme rioting had already started...as CIC it's always your responsibility to quiet the riotous crowd....you have zero perspective on the social ramifications of injustice in this country so keep your fucking mouth shut about it...ok..good..thanks

Obama did the right thing to send his representatives to Brown's funeral when all the facts are not known? Does that quiet the riotous crowd or does it give the impression that Wilson was the one in the wrong and further incites the crowd? "Hands up, don't shoot" - what a travesty.

How nice of you to tell me to keep my mouth shut just because I don't happen to agree with you - this is a discussion board - if you don't like what I post, please feel free to put me on ignore.

rmt
11-08-2015, 09:13 PM
if a Dr. passed his/her boards, it doesn't matter what demographic group he belongs do or how he got there (whether by affirmative action or white privilege [anybody who denies that this exists and is fairly common practice is a moron--and I'm conservative]), then that doctor is legit. There's no quota when it comes to passing the boards, and contrary to what WC believes most doctors have their boards certificate posted on their office walls, or verification of it on their website. So it is readily available

Yes, all doctors meet a certain level of qualifications (some were at the bottom of their class) when they pass their boards, but not all doctors are appointed Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at a top-notch hospital like Johns Hopkins Hospital. Was Carson aided in that appointment because he is black is probably what they're discussing above (I only scanned). I remember an ER episode where something similar came up - the black doctor said something like, "Do you check the "Black" box and get help getting into med school or don't you (to get in on your own merit - no race involved)?

I would be very happy/feel privileged to have Dr. Carson operate on my child - top notch, experienced doctor at one of the best hospitals in the world and he's Christian (that's a plus for me as he probably prays over the child before operating).

ChumpDumper
11-08-2015, 09:18 PM
So God cares less about a child in surgery if he is not prayed over?

That's a crappy God.

ElNono
11-08-2015, 09:42 PM
I remember when episodes of 24 were quotable... :lol

mingus
11-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Yes, all doctors meet a certain level of qualifications (some were at the bottom of their class) when they pass their boards, but not all doctors are appointed Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at a top-notch hospital like Johns Hopkins Hospital. Was Carson aided in that appointment because he is black is probably what they're discussing above (I only scanned). I remember an ER episode where something similar came up - the black doctor said something like, "Do you check the "Black" box and get help getting into med school or don't you (to get in on your own merit - no race involved)?

I would be very happy/feel privileged to have Dr. Carson operate on my child - top notch, experienced doctor at one of the best hospitals in the world and he's Christian (that's a plus for me as he probably prays over the child before operating).

thing is the question of merit applies imo equally across the board. I think in all fairness it's more of a wealth thing. Wealthy people "know people" to a greater extent than poor people. Knowing people = networking, and that's prolly just as big a factor/predictor of your success than grades/merit. So the question of did he/she earn it IMO applies to BOTH whites & blacks.

resistanze
11-08-2015, 10:33 PM

:lmao

rmt
11-09-2015, 12:13 AM
Laugh all you want, but if a child of mine was undergoing brain surgery, I'd be doing a whole LOT of praying. And I suspect, that even those who were not particularly religious, would be searching for something/someone during those long hours.

spurraider21
11-09-2015, 12:25 AM
a ridiculously high % of graduating med students pass the boards though, nothing like the bar

rmt
11-09-2015, 12:26 AM
So God cares less about a child in surgery if he is not prayed over?

That's a crappy God.

I didn't say that God cares less about a child in surgery if he is not prayed over. I was thinking more of MY comfort level - MY not losing the complete basket case that I'd be if my child were undergoing brain surgery. One of my children didn't even babble at 3 years old. He had severe allergies leading to fluid in the ears (couldn't hear). I was blessed by a wonderful speech therapist (who, yes, prayed over him). I had given up hope that he was going to talk but (with a lot of hard work) and by 4, he was chattering and had caught up - now, he's the most social of my 3 kids.

And yes, God loves everybody even those of you who don't believe.

Clipper Nation
11-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Any god that would allow your child to need brain surgery is a faggot, tbh. And don't give me that "God's just testing you" shit. You know who else is a fictional character who "tests" people? Jigsaw from Saw.

Koolaid_Man
11-09-2015, 12:38 AM
Obama did the right thing to send his representatives to Brown's funeral when all the facts are not known? Does that quiet the riotous crowd or does it give the impression that Wilson was the one in the wrong and further incites the crowd? "Hands up, don't shoot" - what a travesty.

How nice of you to tell me to keep my mouth shut just because I don't happen to agree with you - this is a discussion board - if you don't like what I post, please feel free to put me on ignore.

Yes...and yes...yes he was right to send "reps" without all facts...why? Because there's no such an epidemic in the white community against a backdrop of epic rioting....and yes keep your fucking mouth shut when it's clear you don't have a fucking clue...

Feel free to continue cherry picking small points but from my feedback as to his legacy based on ALL he's accomplished there's no legit rebuttal you can come up with...so like a typical tea party retard you focus on smaller less important points as opposition...:lol you fucking tea party morons are hilarious if not sad....

Obama is the greatest President in history or close to it next to Abe Lincoln....so shut your dumb pie hole and deal with it....

boutons_deux
11-09-2015, 05:50 AM
a ridiculously high % of graduating med students pass the boards though, nothing like the bar

and there is always a bell curve for the medical competence of doctors (hospitals).

Want you or your kid operated on by a surgeon at the very low end of curve in a hospital at the low end of the curve?

boutons_deux
04-18-2016, 06:08 AM
Texas xenophobia news (Texas is lying, duh)

What you need to know about Monday's hearing in the Supreme Court immigration case

On Monday, the Supreme Court will hear arguments on whether President Obama's 2014 executive actions on immigration, the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans (DAPA) program and the expansion of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, are constitutional.

It's a huge case. Politicians, legal experts, and the 4.5 million immigrants who'd be protected from deportation by the programs are all following it closely. And the oral arguments will be the only clue between now and the Supreme Court's ultimate decision (likely to come out in late June) about how the court will rule.

The court doesn't usually release opinions on the same day they're holding oral arguments. But on Friday, the court announced that they'd start Monday's session at 9:30 am, release at least one opinion, then move to the immigration case.

Because this is so unusual, court-watchers assume that the Supreme Court justices must have found something in a current case that urgently needs to be addressed. There are a lot of pending cases, so it's hard to know in advance which one this is. But if you hear news coming out of the Court on Monday morning that isn't about the immigration case, this is why.

The early start is especially weird because the Supreme Court has blocked out much more time than usual to hear arguments on United States v. Texas. Instead of the usual 60 minutes, they're going to spend 90 minutes on it.

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/18/11448798/obama-immigration-supreme-court

boutons_deux
04-18-2016, 06:15 AM
Texas drivers license law could hit the brakes on U.S. immigration case

To bring the case and have legal standing, the state of Texas, the lead plaintiff in the case, must show that it has been hurt in some way. In its filing, Texas argues that it would take a hefty financial hit for processing driver’s licenses for immigrants in the country illegally whose deportation would be deferred under Obama’s executive action.

The Texas attorney general’s office said Obama’s action “would cause a spike in driver’s license applications, thus making those licenses much more costly to issue.”

But the numbers cited by Texas in its claim far exceed what the state currently pays annually for all its driver’s license services.

“It is kind of dry, legal stuff, but it is of great consequence,” said Bill Beardall, executive director of the Equal Justice Center in Texas, which provides legal help for low-income families and immigrants.

Beardall, also a University of Texas Law School professor, said the claims Texas makes of harm are tenuous.

“It has been regarded by almost all legal scholars as a very thin basis for claiming the kind of irreparable harm that would support a temporary injunction, or the kind of serious harm that would support standing,” Beardall said.

If the Supreme Court finds that Texas lacked a sufficient “injury” to sue, the case ends there and Obama wins.

In a filing with the Supreme Court, Texas contends that processing driver’s licenses for immigrants shielded from deportation under Obama’s action would cost the state more than $103 million in additional funds to process as many as 520,000 people seeking licenses.

The $103 million figure is nearly triple what the state of 27 million people currently budgets annually for all driver’s license services including tasks such as administering about 4.9 million driver’s examinations and mailing approximately 6.3 million driver’s licenses and identification cards.

The state said that for each additional 1,750 people seeking driver’s licenses, it would have to hire roughly two full-time employees to process them.

That number does not match the figure in this fiscal year’s state budget, which said the average number of driver’s licenses and records produced by a single full-time employee is 2,638 annually, a figure triple the efficiency of the state’s claim to the Supreme Court.

Texas said in its Supreme Court filing that to process applications from the immigrants who fall under the terms of the executive action, it has to make additional checks. It also said the average costs of those checks is about 75 cents an applicant.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/texas-drivers-license-law-could-hit-the-brakes-on-u-s-immigration-case/

Typical Repugs bullshit and lies, based as always on the assumption that the other side is stupid, ignorant, has no facts, and will not call Repugs on their lies.

boutons_deux
04-18-2016, 06:29 PM
No, Wall Street Journal: That's Not What Prosecutorial Discretion Means

WSJ: Prosecutorial Discretion "Cannot Justify A Refusal To Enforce The Law For Entire Classes Of People."

On April 17, the editorial board of the Wall Street Journal slammed President Obama's executive action on immigration by misrepresenting Obama's application of prosecutorial discretion to defer deportation for a limited number of undocumented immigrants who fulfill various requirements.

The Journal characterizes prosecutorial discretion as Obama's "refusal to enforce" immigration laws for "entire classes of people":

Law Professors: The Number Of People Who Might Benefit From Executive Order Doesn't Alter Its Legality.

In 2014, leading legal experts on immigration wrote to President Obama explaining the decades-old legal precedent for the executive branch to exercise prosecutorial discretion on the matter of deportations:

Some have suggested that the size of the group who may "benefit" from an act of prosecutorial discretion is relevant to its legality. We are unaware of any legal authority for such an assumption.

Notably, the Reagan-Bush programs of the late 1980s and early 1990s were based on an initial estimated percentage of the unauthorized population (about 40 percent) that is comparable to the initial estimated percentage for the November 20 executive actions.

The President could conceivably decide to cap the number of people who can receive prosecutorial discretion or make the conditions restrictive enough to keep the numbers small, but this would be a policy choice, not a legal issue.

For all of these reasons, the President is not "re-writing" the immigration laws, as some of his critics have suggested.

He is doing precisely the opposite -- exercising a discretion conferred by the immigration laws and settled general principles of enforcement discretion [Letter to the President of the United States, Executive authority to protect individuals or groups from deportation, 11/25/14 (https://pennstatelaw.psu.edu/sites/default/files/documents/pdfs/Immigrants/executive-action-law-prof-letter.pdf)]

Former Chief Counsel for USCIS : The Department Of Homeland Security Considers Deportation Deferral On A Case-By-Case Basis. At the January 29, 2015, confirmation hearing of U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch, Stephen Legomsky, former chief counsel for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), explained that the Department of Homeland Security immigration memo "says not once, not twice, but over and over again that

officers on the ground are instructed to look at the facts of each individual case,

to evaluate them on an individualized basis, and

specifically, to exercise their discretion."

Legomsky went on to point out that the form that USCIS uses for deferred action applications even "lists the possible reasons for denial and explicitly lists 'exercise of discretion.'" [Media Matters, 1/29/15 (http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/02/18/wsj-still-doesnt-know-how-prosecutorial-discret/202557)]

http://mediamatters.org/research/2016/04/18/no-wall-street-journal-thats-not-what-prosecutorial-discretion-means/209974?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mediamatters%2Fresearch+%28Me dia+Matters+for+America+-+Research%29

But it looks like that C-U asshole Kennedy is going with the SCOTUS rightwingnuts, 4-4, so deferred program will be killed.