PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: They are massively overrated...

spursistan
11-05-2015, 10:28 PM
could have easily started 0-5 but for the Magic choke and Pop..:lol still the same two-man team, a sieve D inside and on the perimeter..a college coach who is likely going to spend the first year feeling in the league without an elite assistant to hold his hand..Not worried about them,Clippers/Golden state are on a different level tbh..

apalisoc_9
11-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Their defense is atrocious. Adams and Kanter have no defensive ability and Ibaka defense is largely help defending and shot blocking.

There's always a slasher/perimeter player that goes hot on them and it's for a reason...The paint is way too open.

spursistan
11-05-2015, 10:35 PM
Their defense is atrocious. Adams and Kanter have no defensive ability and Ibaka defense is largely help defending and shot blocking.

There's always a slasher/perimeter player that goes hot on them and it's for a reason...The paint is way too open.
As far as defending us, the Ibaka factor is nullified promptly once Aldridge get his groove here..Clips and even Houston causes more fits to the SA..

HarlemHeat37
11-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Yep, I changed my mind about them a few weeks ago, once the mainstream media began jumping all over them, tbh..usually a good sign that a team will fail..

11-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Ya, Thabo isn't 2012 Thabo anymore but the fall off from him to Dion fucking Waiters is pretty steep, defensively speaking. Kanter and Waiters are cancers, and will continue to drag down their defense but they have no one to replace them.

top 5 worst FOs in the league

HarlemHeat37
11-05-2015, 10:38 PM
As Kawhistorm said in another thread, if they were going to keep running the same offense as they did under Brooks, should have hired Thibs to fix their defense, tbh..

ducks
11-05-2015, 10:40 PM

Did u watch it ? In other thread u hated announcers
And did not want to watch in Thursday game thread

Mikeanaro
11-05-2015, 10:40 PM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Celebrating 5k posts, Thanks OKShitty!

apalisoc_9
11-05-2015, 10:41 PM
As far as defending us, the Ibaka factor is nullified promptly once Aldridge get his groove here..Clips and even Houston causes more fits to the SA..

LA is probably the 2nd best team in the league or third at worst depending on the spurs so obviously you don't want any part of them.

Houston is suspect tbh. Jones and Howard look like shit..Howard looks like he lost some athleticism and Dmo is still injured.

OKC is overrated but they have two superstars that could explode anytime. I'd much rather play houston than OKC but obviously both teams are very flawed.

we will see..only a few games played and there is still the trade deadline.

ducks
11-05-2015, 10:42 PM
There are also injuries

apalisoc_9
11-05-2015, 10:42 PM

I didn't watch this game but I watched their Orlando, Spurs and Raptors game...They struggled in the same field. Now I am seeing Rose go for 29 and Butler for 26...Easy to tell that they had the same problem as the previous games.

ducks
11-05-2015, 10:43 PM
Rose started 1-9 was not that efficient
Was good in 4

Kawhitstorm
11-05-2015, 10:43 PM
None of their rotation perimeter play can defend besides Roberson who plays less than 20 minutes a game b/c he's a liability on offense. They are better off starting Marrow over Roberson & playing 5 seconds or less.

spursistan
11-05-2015, 10:44 PM
As Kawhistorm said in another thread, if they were going to keep running the same offense as they did under Brooks, should have hired Thibs to fix their defense, tbh..
Horrible hire if you consider the urgency they have with Durant sweepstakes..Donovan just looks out his depth without the hipster look..and no elite assistant is sitting next to him like Gentry or Lue in Cleveland..(Monty Williams/Maurice Cheeks assistant combo :lol)

apalisoc_9
11-05-2015, 10:45 PM
None of their rotation perimeter play can defend besides Roberson who plays less than 20 minutes a game b/c he's a liability on offense. They are better off starting Marrow over Roberson & playing 5 seconds or less.

Roberson is probably up there with Parker as one of the most useless starting player. He's supposed to defend but he's actually shitty.

Parker is supposed to defer but he think he still a top 200 player in the league.

11-05-2015, 10:46 PM
Thibs is overrated tbh Bulls had the pieces to be a top 10 defense and could afford to play at a slow pace in the east.

Probably would've been able to get Westbrook and KD to buy into a system though since he's been around for a while. You can just tell KD and Westbrook run all over Donovan.

Kawhitstorm
11-05-2015, 11:10 PM
Thibs is overrated tbh Bulls had the pieces to be a top 10 defense and could afford to play at a slow pace in the east.

Probably would've been able to get Westbrook and KD to buy into a system though since he's been around for a while. You can just tell KD and Westbrook run all over Donovan.

Thibs gets every drop of talent out of his players & has a short leash when it comes to players that don't play D. He would have benched Kanter & played Adams 40 minutes a night. He also has experience dealing w/ a superstar scoring point guard & doesn't take shit from his players/front office. I'm pretty sure Presti was weary of hiring Thibs considering he won't be a puppet coach unlike Brooks & his history of dealing w/ injuries.

apalisoc_9
11-05-2015, 11:13 PM

Wow this guy always has shitty take its unreal. :lol

Fuck..The headaches.

pretty much what Kawhistorm said...Agree with his thibs evaluation.

DMC
11-05-2015, 11:21 PM
6 years a slave WB acts like he just pulled the nail from the chain, bloody fingered, on the OKC Amistad every time he makes a basket. He acts like he's never done it before

-21-
11-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Agree with most of the posts here, overrated team but they are still gonna be good because of WB/Durant. They haven't really changed much. For one, it looks like it's officially Westbrook's team. Maybe Durant is still getting into rhythm after being out for a while but still...

11-05-2015, 11:32 PM
Thibs gets every drop of talent out of his players & has a short leash when it comes to players that don't play D. He would have benched Kanter & played Adams 40 minutes a night. He also has experience dealing w/ a superstar scoring point guard & doesn't take shit from his players/front office. I'm pretty sure Presti was weary of hiring Thibs considering he won't be a puppet coach unlike Brooks & his history of dealing w/ injuries.I agree, he would have been a great vet coach to reign in the egos in the lockerroom. But let's say they bench Kanter for Adams..that's a bit of an upgrade, albeit he's not that great himself... who do they play in place of Waiters? I just don't think OKC has the defensive pieces like Chicago. Add onto that Thibs disregard of minute management and KD/Russ' injury history, I don't think it would have been the ideal hire. We'll have to see how Donovan works out.

11-05-2015, 11:33 PM
:wow Ducks with the haymaker

Splits
11-05-2015, 11:36 PM
6 years a slave WB acts like he just pulled the nail from the chain, bloody fingered, on the OKC Amistad every time he makes a basket. He acts like he's never done it before

:lol

Robz4000
11-05-2015, 11:39 PM

:rollin

Silver&Black
11-05-2015, 11:43 PM

:wow

Spurs9
11-05-2015, 11:47 PM
Didnt barkley call them going to finals :lmao

HarlemHeat37
11-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Didnt barkley call them going to finals :lmao

He also said the Warriors weren't a real contender, last year, and said Memphis/Portland were the teams to beat in the West:lol..

apalisoc_9
11-06-2015, 12:07 AM
Portland and Memphis :lol

Mr Bones
11-06-2015, 12:11 AM
The odds for Durant leaving are looking better every day.

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2015, 12:37 AM

Gasol getting outplayed by Meyers Leonard & Mason Plumlee:lol

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2015, 12:41 AM

Gasol getting outplayed by Meyers Leonard & Mason Plumlee:lol. LaMarsha would drop 40 on those bums.

Big Dog
11-06-2015, 12:51 AM
:lol It's early in the season. We will be alright.

apalisoc_9
11-06-2015, 12:56 AM

Your thoughts on Steven Adams so far?

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2015, 12:59 AM

The team isn't going anywhere w/o a wing defender & Kanter playing in the 4th quarter.

Big Dog
11-06-2015, 01:02 AM
Your thoughts on Steven Adams so far?
Decent eye test showing vs Raptors. Rather underwhelming for the season so far. Like Parcells once said, you are who you are. Still it's very early to make judgements and we do have a college coach trying to implement an offensive and defensive scheme. It's gonna take time.

Big Dog
11-06-2015, 01:05 AM
The team isn't going anywhere w/o a wing defender & Kanter playing in the 4th quarter.
We have wing defenders, they just aren't seasoned yet. Add in the implentation of a new defensive scheme and we get the shit show we've been watching on the perimeter. Players are missing assignments, mostly basic defensive principles. I can see what kind of defense they're trying to run. I don't know that we have the horses to run it. Like I said though, we got to give it time. I'm not gonna throw in the towel a few games into the season.

apalisoc_9
11-06-2015, 01:06 AM
Honestly, I don't see how they can implement an offensive system with two ball dominant superstars. OKC is going to be a tough matchup and a scary one because any of Westbrook and Durant can probably will a team to win a game, but that defense really looks suspect.

Way too many open lanes. Roberson is meh.

We'll see..It's early in the season. They offense should be good enough even if they failed to implement anything there..KD and Westbrook will get them enough points.

I'm curious too see what kind of adjustment donovan will make to fix that D and close up the driving lanes.

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2015, 01:08 AM
We have wing defenders, they just aren't seasoned yet. Add in the implentation of a new defensive scheme and we get the shit show we've been watching on the perimeter. Players are missing assignments, mostly basic defensive principles. I can see what kind of defense they're trying to run. I don't know that we have the horses to run it. Like I said though, we got to give it time. I'm not gonna throw in the towel a few games into the season.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that team are picking on Kanter by putting his man in a PnR & forcing switches. Rose used him as his personal slump buster in the 4th quarter:lol

Cry Havoc
11-06-2015, 01:31 AM
The most worrisome thing for the Thunder is what happened to Utah when they shipped Kanter. They immediately became the #1 defensive team in the league, a vast improvement.

Now they're playing Kanter big minutes (on a team that.. doesn't need offense) and suddenly their chemistry is falling apart. It should be no shock that they're struggling to contain teams.

Westbrook is still a chucker that ballhogs when he doesn't need to and plays with far too much emotion. The Thunder will obviously make the playoffs but in a loaded West they might not even get past the 1st round, depending upon the matchups they have.

HarlemHeat37
11-06-2015, 01:33 AM
Decent eye test showing vs Raptors. Rather underwhelming for the season so far. Like Parcells once said, you are who you are. Still it's very early to make judgements and we do have a college coach trying to implement an offensive and defensive scheme. It's gonna take time.

You like the Colts' chances this week?

Fireball
11-06-2015, 04:23 AM
OKC beat the Spurs ... so there are two overrated teams out there right now

DMC
11-06-2015, 09:08 AM
:lol

:rollin

:wow

And Kobe is that big rock they threw overboard that yanked all those other sickly ass niggas down.

ElNono
11-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Too early. I said before the season started that it was going to take a while for them, with a new coach and system. There's obviously growing pains...

We'll revisit by the AS break...

~O~
11-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Late.....

Killakobe81
11-06-2015, 10:32 AM
The most worrisome thing for the Thunder is what happened to Utah when they shipped Kanter. They immediately became the #1 defensive team in the league, a vast improvement.

Now they're playing Kanter big minutes (on a team that.. doesn't need offense) and suddenly their chemistry is falling apart. It should be no shock that they're struggling to contain teams.

Westbrook is still a chucker that ballhogs when he doesn't need to and plays with far too much emotion. The Thunder will obviously make the playoffs but in a loaded West they might not even get past the 1st round, depending upon the matchups they have.

The past few games Russ seems to have made a concerted effort to not look for his shot first. Of course as the game goes on he can veer of course. Sometimes I think because he thinks it's the best way for them to win other times it seems as though he gets in mano v mano battles like with Harden ...
I do think they are a bit overrated but I think Russ is hardly to blame. Kanter is horrid on defense and the uptempo teams will abuse his slow feet in transition and attack him in pnr in the half-court sets.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-06-2015, 10:35 AM
He also said the Warriors weren't a real contender, last year, and said Memphis/Portland were the teams to beat in the West:lol..
because the Warriors "they a jump shootin team, I don't see a team like them that relies on jumpuhs to win the West"... haha

Venti Quattro
11-06-2015, 06:10 PM

Venti Quattro
11-20-2015, 10:35 PM

Cry Havoc
11-21-2015, 03:01 PM
The past few games Russ seems to have made a concerted effort to not look for his shot first.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254442&p=8281552#post8281552

:lmao

spursistan
11-21-2015, 03:07 PM
they look awful and even more beyond repair than the Rockets/Mem..That D won't cut it and it is not strictly about effort..

:lol Spurs losing to about every average and flawed team they faced thus far..

JohnnyMax
12-04-2015, 02:13 AM
Westbrook is a crazy talented bonehead but he needs to go.

spursistan
03-03-2016, 01:24 AM
:wakeup

Venti Quattro
03-03-2016, 02:13 AM
Westbrook is a crazy talented bonehead but he needs to go.

They should keep both together because OKC is undoubtedly stronger but with the two, but they need a veteran presence to rein Westbrook in and talk to him during clutch situations. He doesn't respect anyone in that roster, except Durant, and I'm not even sure he really does.

Pelezinho
05-25-2016, 04:46 PM
:lol Looks like Thunder are going to the finals, Roberson just got a career high.

spursistan
05-25-2016, 04:52 PM
mea culpa...still I don't think they are as good as their current play on average level, but they just caught lightning in a bottle like the 2011 Mavs, and that won't be repeatable any time soon once we are done here (ring or not)..