PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Les Alexander informs Morey he will make coaching change if Needed

djohn2oo8
11-06-2015, 12:59 PM
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10101422&postcount=1

Very legit poster btw.

Alexander has made it clear to Morey that he has had all the resources available to him and that if this team isnt connecting by All Star break then something will need to change.

If the Rockets dont make it to the WCF - expect changes in the summer.

Prelim talk, but Les has made it clear. He said, "I did my part, not you have to stick to your end of the deal".

Personal feelings aside...

djohn2oo8
11-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Per cyberx. Thanks.

TXstbobcat
11-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Can he also do something about my Houston Texans??????

Seventyniner
11-06-2015, 06:57 PM
Can he also do something about my Houston Texans??????

They're beyond help at this point.

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2015, 07:25 PM
Thibs?

djohn2oo8
11-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Thibs?

If he would go back to being an assistant coach. I just don't see him becoming a HC again.

djohn2oo8
11-11-2015, 10:18 PM
Losing to an 0-7 Nets . Kevin isn't making it through the year

midnightpulp
11-11-2015, 10:44 PM
They don't need a coaching change (although it wouldn't hurt) as much as they need a philosophy change. Moreyball is fundamentally flawed.

djohn2oo8
11-14-2015, 04:16 AM
They don't need a coaching change (although it wouldn't hurt) as much as they need a philosophy change. Moreyball is fundamentally flawed.

I agree.

djohn2oo8
11-14-2015, 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by Codman
I was there, court side, and unfortunately, my beliefs about McHale were more or less confirmed.

I don't even have the energy to go into it all that much at the moment, but basically, McHale has lost the team. His voice is meaningless. The entire "coach demeanor" between McHale and Malone isn't even close. Malone has control of his team, not necessarily because he demands it, but because his players respect his voice.

McHale has no recognizable investment in our guys, especially during tough stretches or when young guns like the Nugz go on runs.

It is beyond pathetic. Those of us in coaching circles are appalled by his body language and lack of PERSEVERANCE as a voice of reason, experience and inspiration.

So McHale has lost the team 9 games into the year...If Morey don't fire him, he will probably be out next.

I became sick to my stomach, and no, it wasn't from the radiation. This was supposed to be my treat for making it half way through my treatment sessions, but I felt ill because of the manner in which McHale conducts himself on the bench.

I am the first to admit that I have been extremely critical of McHale. Hell, I was not pleased at all when he was hired over guys who were more qualified.

He's had a few good years with us, and I guess it's impossible to measure how much of his coaching yielded wins. But, either way, McHale cannot reach our guys anymore. He may have a month left in him, but when you see the likes of Jet, Trev, Corey, PatBev and even big Montrez ignoring him, something is up.

During a review at one point, Malone was coaching his team with total attention in the huddle, and we took a gander at the other side to see the most discombobulated looking Rockets team that I've seen in ages. Dwight was talking to a fan, James was sitting on the table looking into the sky (near Bullard), Jet was halfway on the court watching the cheerleaders and my dude LowKeyMT was joking around with PatBev. There wasn't any urgency and the Rockets were on the verge of either getting destroyed or regaining control.

The outcome is obvious now, but with a qualified coach who knows how to manage talent, egos and the struggle of a season, the Rockets may have had a chance.

In my opinion, your team's identity is evidenced in a variety of places on and off the court, but a great deal of it comes from the coaching staff and spreads to the team. If your "voice" on the bench is only background noise, and if your body language breathes negativity, doubt and confusion, your team will continue on a pathway to mediocrity and horribly-low morale.

I've heard a couple of different rumors related to McHale, but even the most unobservant fan can see that Kev' is at his lowest point as a Rockets coach. I wonder how much longer Morey waits.

What I witnessed tonight is not only disgusting, but very troubling. If McHale doesn't regain whatever qualities he had when he was hired, this team could easily spiral out of control. The last thing you need when you're losing is finger-pointing, distrust and an angry locker room. We aren't the Sacramento Kings.

Anyway, like I wrote, the game was so frustrating for personal health reasons, but equally important, the game was frustrating because no Rockets fan wants a letdown after the success last season. We can accept losing with a fighting core of players and a coach who fights in his own way, but I doubt any of us accept losing like a spoiled, disjointed AAU team.

The way McHale walked off of the court said it all...

spursistan
11-14-2015, 10:45 AM
Morey wouldn't hire somebody who isn't a "yes man", that is why i'm skeptical he would reach out to Thibs who had his own history of clashes with front office..I think, it is going to be Scotty Brooks should the axe drop on McHale :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-14-2015, 10:52 AM
Would be pretty awesome if they hire Scott Brooks, tbh:lol..but ya, I agree, Morey wouldn't hire a coach that wants to do his own thing..

I think Moreyball is fine, the problem is that he doesn't always practice what he preaches, for whatever reason..he keeps adding pieces that are questionable fits IMO..

LkrFan
11-14-2015, 02:49 PM
Booooo! :td

djohn2oo8
02-18-2016, 06:15 PM
Morey needs to go next.

Mitch
02-18-2016, 08:09 PM
Morey needs to go next.

What happened to Moreyball? :lol

djohn2oo8
02-19-2016, 07:40 AM
What happened to Moreyball? :lol

Did you see his quote from yesterday? About giving out two max contracts in the summer. Thats not the way to build a team, plus i hope he strikes out. Moreyball, he doesnt even get players who fit that system :lol if you want players to shoot alot of 3s, Brewer shouldnt be one of them