PDA

View Full Version : That Second Half of the 3rd Quarter In The Charlotte Hornets' Game...

UNT Eagles 2016
11-07-2015, 10:49 PM
... deserves its own thread. A good one. Reminded me of The Beautiful Game, tbh... with the 3 main "beautiful game" players being the main contributors of this run and win tonight... (starters sure stunk it up again)

Anyways, for the entire game:

LMA -1
Parker -15

Kawhi +11

Manu +34 :wow
Boris +31 :wow
Patty + 39 :wow

Yeah, we don't have the best bench in the league. Also, Manu should have retired, Patty should have been included in the Splitter deal, Boris is replaceable because we have West now, and the 2014 team was overrated and soft and not mentally strong enough to win a championship, especially if they had to play OKC and/or Lebron.

:flag:

apalisoc_9
11-07-2015, 10:52 PM
What happend in yhe third bro? I'm curious...did pop make a lineup change for the run to happen?

UNT Eagles 2016
11-07-2015, 10:55 PM
What happend in yhe third bro? I'm curious...did pop make a lineup change for the run to happen?
Benched everyone in the SL except for Tim and Leonard, later replaced Leonard for Green. Manu, Patty, and Boris came in to the game and wreaked havoc on a mediocre Leastern Conference team's defense.

ElNono
11-07-2015, 10:56 PM
We made shots

Vokun
11-07-2015, 10:56 PM

:lmao Apo egging people on

UNT Eagles 2016
11-07-2015, 10:57 PM
We made shots
El Cliente thought it was 2014 Game 5 or 2005 Game 7 again tbh.

Cry Havoc
11-07-2015, 11:02 PM
So apa's great revelation is that if Manu and Patty shoot 25/25 from 3 point range every game we probably win.

You just can't get this kind of in-depth analysis anywhere, folks. I expect ESPN to hire him to replace Grantland. His first feature piece could be, "if a team makes 60% of their shots, who's fault is it?"

apalisoc_9
11-07-2015, 11:04 PM
Wow how did the spurs get that kind of ball movement in the third? What happened there? Damn :wow

UNT Eagles 2016
11-07-2015, 11:09 PM
So apa's great revelation is that if Manu and Patty shoot 25/25 from 3 point range every game we probably win.

You just can't get this kind of in-depth analysis anywhere, folks. I expect ESPN to hire him to replace Grantland. His first feature piece could be, "if a team makes 60% of their shots, who's fault is it?"
they both shot 50 percent from 3 and had good looks because of the ball movement. I wouldn't call it unsustainable, tbh

Green is the one who needs to pick the fuck up, he's had some great looks but has shot an atrocious %. As Pop said in the 2013/2014 Finals's, if Danny can't make 3s at a high clip he probably doesn't belong out there.

cjw
11-07-2015, 11:14 PM
they both shot 50 percent from 3 and had good looks because of the ball movement. I wouldn't call it unsustainable, tbh

Green is the one who needs to pick the fuck up, he's had some great looks but has shot an atrocious %. As Pop said in the 2013/2014 Finals's, if Danny can't make 3s at a high clip he probably doesn't belong out there.

Shooting 50% from 3 is only sustainable if playing at n00b level in NBA 2K.

Charlotte was also hitting ridiculously well (look at the play by play and check all the 20+ footers) from the field and went cold. That had something to do with the turn too.

HarlemHeat37
11-07-2015, 11:15 PM

Green had a really solid game, tbh, outside of the ugly floaters..

ducks
11-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Spurs were on fire
From 3 when tp on bench

UNT Eagles 2016
11-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Shooting 50% from 3 is only sustainable if playing at n00b level in NBA 2K.

Charlotte was also hitting ridiculously well (look at the play by play and check all the 20+ footers) from the field and went cold. That had something to do with the turn too.
They went cold because our guys put the clamps on defensively after Parker and Aldridge left. While shooting 50% from 3 isn't sustainable over a whole season, it certainly is whenever the Spurs' ball movement is firing on all cylinders. The percentage inevitably is lower over an 82 game season because there are always going to be those slugfest games where only one or two guys have it going or the occasional shitter end of B2B/4-in-5 game where everyone is cold and we lose by 15-20 points.

ducks
11-07-2015, 11:18 PM

Do you not watch games anymore

Johnny RIngo
11-07-2015, 11:24 PM
Spurs were on fire
From 3 when tp on bench

That's what happens when you have ball movement instead of dribble, dribble, dribble

Budkin
11-07-2015, 11:24 PM
... deserves its own thread. A good one. Reminded me of The Beautiful Game, tbh... with the 3 main "beautiful game" players being the main contributors of this run and win tonight... (starters sure stunk it up again)

Anyways, for the entire game:

LMA -1
Parker -15

Kawhi +11

Manu +34 :wow
Boris +31 :wow
Patty + 39 :wow

Yeah, we don't have the best bench in the league. Also, Manu should have retired, Patty should have been included in the Splitter deal, Boris is replaceable because we have West now, and the 2014 team was overrated and soft and not mentally strong enough to win a championship, especially if they had to play OKC and/or Lebron.

:flag:

#summertime

Solid D
11-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Spurs trailed 71-73 with 3:55 remaining in the 3rd period. Kawhi got three from a jumper "and-1." Manu made three 3s and Patty made a three. So, 5 trips = 15 points (unanswered). By quarter's end the Spurs had out-scored the Hornets 22-3.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-07-2015, 11:34 PM
Spurs trailed 71-73 with 3:55 remaining in the 3rd period. Kawhi got three from a jumper "and-1." Manu made three 3s and Patty made a three. So, 5 trips = 15 points (unanswered). By quarter's end the Spurs had out scored the Hornets 22-3.
I wish Manu had done more scoring wise in the 1st half so we could have bumped the thread, tbh :(

Cry Havoc
11-08-2015, 12:08 AM

Well, it's not like they spread the 3s out. Manu and Patty had a string of them where they didn't miss at all. Coincidently that's when the game broke open!

Phenomanul
11-08-2015, 12:28 AM
Well, it's not like they spread the 3s out. Manu and Patty had a string of them where they didn't miss at all. Coincidently that's when the game broke open!

It's not so much the fact that they made the threes. Other than that rushed 3 Manu made to start to flurry of threes, all of them were generated by very crisp ball movement. Not quite the level of beautiful game passing but HIGHLY effective nonetheless.

cjw
11-08-2015, 10:00 AM
They went cold because our guys put the clamps on defensively after Parker and Aldridge left. While shooting 50% from 3 isn't sustainable over a whole season, it certainly is whenever the Spurs' ball movement is firing on all cylinders. The percentage inevitably is lower over an 82 game season because there are always going to be those slugfest games where only one or two guys have it going or the occasional shitter end of B2B/4-in-5 game where everyone is cold and we lose by 15-20 points.

I do agree though that the Spurs' shooting in that game was more sustainable than what Charlotte was doing in the first 30 minutes. Everything was falling despite awful shot selection.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2015, 01:54 PM
What happend in yhe third bro? I'm curious...did pop make a lineup change for the run to happen?Actually Clifford's lineup change helped make the run happen. It prompted Pop to change the defense to switch a bunch of guys onto Walker.