PDA

View Full Version : How about a little positive energy?

Kawhi 5-0
11-07-2015, 11:48 PM
This is my first thread. I didn't know how to make them until recently. And I wanted to wait and make it about something special.

I think the discussion board could benefit from more positive thinking. I know we as fans take the game very seriously. I remember last year I was so worried with Parker's performance over the course of the season.

But a real team like the Spurs only gets built through a combination of hard-nose decisions and loyalty. Tony Parker has won four championships for us. Manu Ginobili has won us four championships. Shame on us fans for even thinking of putting these guys out to pasture.

Timmy proved everyone wrong by upping his game in the last few years. Timmy won us five championships. Gregg Popovich won us five championships.

Those two guys are the greatest continuity, but Parker and Ginobili aren't far behind. What an asset to have guys who know the feeling of competing at the highest level (NBA Finals) and winning.

Kawhi has won us one championship. Many had written off the Spurs as "done." Not so fast, as Lee Corso would say. Kawhi resurrected the franchise. It may not seem like it because we were winning 50 games a year (min.) for those seven years between titles, but Leonard was the dude we needed to push us over the top.

So I don't wanna hear that this guy is fat or that guy is fat. The fattest are no doubt us fans who have the time to debate all kinds of useless minutiae.

And I don't wanna see disrespectful posts concerning the players. These guys have spent their lives playing in our hometown. They could have been in Paris or Buenos Aires or the Virgin Islands.

We're not gonna win every game. We're not gonna win every championship. I am just proud when these guys go out and give it their all.

I spent some time today reading about John Havlicek. Apparently Pop has only one photo on the walls of his office and it's of this guy. Why?

Maybe because the guy won 8 (eight!) NBA titles. Maybe because the guy is the Celtics' all time leading scorer. But maybe also it's because the guy played the game the right way. He had guts. He kept moving. The players (as well as the ball) are meant to move.

And finally maybe it's because Havlicek was from the Midwest like Pop. Havlicek's mom was Croatian (like Pop's mom).

I wonder if Pop gets a special grin when Boban fires up the crowd? We must remember that Boban is Serbian (like Pop's dad).

But one last thing to bring it full-circle. When Red McCombs fired Pop along with R.C. Buford he was making a disastrous choice. When anyone said that Pop wasn't cut out for coaching because he had only one winning season in his seven years at Pomona-Pitzer, they were making a grave error in judgment.

It's not worthwhile to dig up what people on here have said. Let's just remember that this is our team. They need our support. Our childish reasoning does not help the situation.

So let's try to keep the criticism constructive.

Thank you,

Paul

Mugen
11-07-2015, 11:50 PM
Bend over, I'll show you some positive energy.

TXstbobcat
11-07-2015, 11:51 PM
Great Spurs win tonight!!!! Manu turning back the clock tonight!!!!! Great to see Manu and Mills hitting those 3's!!!

HarlemHeat37
11-07-2015, 11:54 PM
Bend over, I'll show you some positive energy.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Confused-Gary-Payton.gif

apalisoc_9
11-07-2015, 11:55 PM
Pop had the cojones to bench pakrer...I am pumped. That is a huge positive. Good sign imo

Mnky
11-07-2015, 11:55 PM
:toast OP.

The majority of posters here are not here for basketball. They spend their days day dreaming about how to flirt harder than their compeition did the day before.

There's hardly any coaches or players here, so the majority of takes are quite ignorant. There's a few gems here and there though. Just got to dig through the thirsty posters.

HarlemHeat37
11-07-2015, 11:59 PM

The majority of posters here are not here for basketball. They spend their days day dreaming about how to flirt harder than their compeition did the day before.

There's hardly any coaches or players here, so the majority of takes are quite ignorant. There's a few gems here and there though. Just got to dig through the thirsty posters.

Ex-players have by far the shittiest takes in the media, tbh:lol..

8FOR!3
11-08-2015, 12:13 AM
I was there tonight, pretty crazy how electric it got when Boban was put in the game.

YGWHI
11-08-2015, 12:21 AM
This first part of the season is an adaptation proccess for the Spurs, we just have to stay patient and...enjoy the ride.

I wonder if Pop gets a special grin when Boban fires up the crowd? We must remember that Boban is Serbian (like Pop's dad).
If Boby mom is here I can imagine her cooking some traditional serbian dishes for Pop. That would be nice.

RD2191
11-08-2015, 12:25 AM
Stopped reading at "Tony Parker has won 4 championships for us".

SAGirl
11-08-2015, 12:30 AM
I am all for positive posting and good basketball discussion. A word if advice: just us the ignore function of a few guys who have no worthy basketball takes to share whatsoever and are likely to just troll an insult away. I am sure you know who they are.
Cheers
:bobo

RD2191
11-08-2015, 12:33 AM
SAgirl is a man.

dabom
11-08-2015, 12:34 AM

kaji157
11-08-2015, 12:53 AM
I think the reason that people isnīt 100% believing in #6 is that a lot of us donīt know where to hide the 45 million dollar corpse.

Other than that i think the Spurs will do fine. Maybe we can talk to atlanta to see if they have space in their graveyard.

Kawhi 5-0
11-08-2015, 01:01 AM
This first part of the season is an adaptation proccess for the Spurs, we just have to stay patient and...enjoy the ride.

If Boby mom is here I can imagine her cooking some traditional serbian dishes for Pop. That would be nice.

Yes, you are right! I hope Pop writes an autobiography. Oh, and Boby'a mom should open a Serbian restaurant in San Antonio so we can all try Serbian food :)

TheGreatYacht
11-08-2015, 01:02 AM
Kawhi has won us one championship.
Took advantage of Rashard Lewis' corpse, tbh. He also cost us 6 and the Clippers series.

Kawhi 5-0
11-08-2015, 01:03 AM
I was there tonight, pretty crazy how electric it got when Boban was put in the game.

He reminds me of Andre the Giant :) everybody loves him!

BillMc
11-08-2015, 01:16 AM
We are integrating several new pieces, changing the offense, changing (to a lesser extent) the defense and yet...

We've the 3rd best point differential in the league behind only Warriors and Cavs (two teams with very few changes).

We're going to be awesome by April.

KaiRMD1
11-08-2015, 01:17 AM
Why is Boban such a fan favorite? Crowd went nuts everytime the old sport touched the ball.

Mikeanaro
11-08-2015, 01:23 AM
We are integrating several new pieces, changing the offense, changing (to a lesser extent) the defense and yet...

We've the 3rd best point differential in the league behind only Warriors and Cavs (two teams with very few changes).

We're going to be awesome by April.
Agreed, and we have new pieces (none of them a bust), Parker is into the new role thing, minutes are being monitored really good stuff.
The most important thing to me was Kawhi stepping up in the offense, its finally happening.

Sean Cagney
11-08-2015, 01:24 AM

That would be the God Duncan, plus a little help here and there.... Parker usually dissapeared in the playoffs or big games (Not all but a lot of them) and I am not even hating there as a fan of the team. Some have stepped up here and there several years like Horry, Manu, Jackson, Leonard, Parker (At times he did step up) and a few other role players during their runs, but Parker surely has not won them 4 titles as the main guy. The best he was at was in 09 IMO, that and 013 until he got hurt.

BillMc
11-08-2015, 01:32 AM
Agreed, and we have new pieces (none of them a bust), Parker is into the new role thing, minutes are being monitored really good stuff.
The most important thing to me was Kawhi stepping up in the offense, its finally happening.

:toast 100% agree. Those are all spot on points.

RD2191
11-08-2015, 01:36 AM
That would be the God Duncan, plus a little help here and there.... Parker usually dissapeared in the playoffs or big games (Not all but a lot of them) and I am not even hating there as a fan of the team. Some have stepped up here and there several years like Horry, Manu, Jackson, Leonard, Parker (At times he did step up) and a few other role players during their runs, but Parker surely has not won them 4 titles as the main guy. The best he was at was in 09 IMO, that and 013 until he got hurt.

Yup. Very well said.

Kawhi 5-0
11-09-2015, 11:15 PM

I'm a dumbass I thought OP was a person (Mr. Ocean Pacific?) until I realized it was me. Thank you!!

Kawhi 5-0
11-09-2015, 11:16 PM
I am all for positive posting and good basketball discussion. A word if advice: just us the ignore function of a few guys who have no worthy basketball takes to share whatsoever and are likely to just troll an insult away. I am sure you know who they are.
Cheers
:bobo

Thank you!