PDA

View Full Version : Robots thread

SpursforSix
11-09-2015, 11:10 AM
So by some accounts, Robots will replace around 30% of the workforce in the next 25 years.

I don't know how a capitalistic economy works with that many people being idle.

boutons_deux
11-09-2015, 11:26 AM
google "robots not a risk"

technological changes always "disrupt" jobs, but new jobs are created, which has been true for the last 150+ years through fantastic scientific and engineering evolutions.

rmt
11-09-2015, 11:46 AM
google "robots not a risk"

technological changes always "disrupt" jobs, but new jobs are created, which has been true for the last 150+ years through fantastic scientific and engineering evolutions.

not enough to replace the jobs lost - instead, what? jobs fixing the robots? (who don't get tired, need vacation/rest)? The toll collectors, garbage collectors, bank tellers, cashiers are gone/lessened by technology. The accounting and IT fields are going to India. Soon only service jobs and health care jobs (even though I'm sure they'll find a way to out-source those too) will remain. Maybe robots will replace taking care of seniors, etc.

Wild Cobra
11-09-2015, 11:56 AM
Automation equipment has been replacing thousands of people annually for years already.

Is someone finally realizing this concept?

I've been involved in the automation industry for over 20 years now.

boutons_deux
11-09-2015, 12:00 PM
not enough to replace the jobs lost - instead, what? jobs fixing the robots? (who don't get tired, need vacation/rest)? The toll collectors, garbage collectors, bank tellers, cashiers are gone/lessened by technology. The accounting and IT fields are going to India. Soon only service jobs and health care jobs (even though I'm sure they'll find a way to out-source those too) will remain. Maybe robots will replace taking care of seniors, etc.

you rightwingnuts can't count for shit. VRWC/BigCorp globalization putsch over the past 35 years has off-shored/destroyed 10Ms of USA jobs more than robots and automation.

VRWC/BigCorp's TPP/TTIP bogus "trade" deal will continue killing jobs and sucking up the 99%'s wealth.

SpursforSix
11-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Automation equipment has been replacing thousands of people annually for years already.

Is someone finally realizing this concept?

I've been involved in the automation industry for over 20 years now.

uh...we're talking about a third of the workforce. and we're talking about significant leaps in AI now.
You don't see the paradigm shift?

SpursforSix
11-09-2015, 03:23 PM
you rightwingnuts can't count for shit. VRWC/BigCorp globalization putsch over the past 35 years has off-shored/destroyed 10Ms of USA jobs more than robots and automation.

VRWC/BigCorp's TPP/TTIP bogus "trade" deal will continue killing jobs and sucking up the 99%'s wealth.

I'm talking about robots mother fucker.
Mother fucking robots.

Quetzal-X
11-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Robots=Cops

SpursforSix
11-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Robots=Cops

It will be interesting if the robots will use all available data and end up arresting a larger % of blacks than whites.

ROBOT : "beep beep...analysis shows that this black person is very likely to do something wrong. beep beep...initiating beatdown and arrest mode...beep beep".

boutons_deux
11-09-2015, 05:32 PM
I'm talking about robots mother fucker.
Mother fucking robots.

I'm talking about what has been and what will be major job destroyers, motherfucker. and it ain't robots, motherfucker

Wild Cobra
11-09-2015, 11:16 PM
uh...we're talking about a third of the workforce. and we're talking about significant leaps in AI now.
You don't see the paradigm shift?

Yes, I do. Mybe someone should have congress pass a bill to protect organic workers from being replaced by simulants.

pgardn
11-09-2015, 11:32 PM
Population growth is happening in the wrong places while zero to negative growth is hurting other places.

A nice start overall would be to stop having babies in the wrong economic situations.

SpursforSix
11-10-2015, 10:57 AM
I'm talking about what has been and what will be major job destroyers, motherfucker. and it ain't robots, motherfucker

go start a new thread then. This one is called...yep..."Robot Thread".

Gay Robot
11-10-2015, 11:01 AM
What kind of jobs can this robot help you with? Blow? Hand? Rim?

I can beep beep your boop boop

CavsSuperFan
11-10-2015, 04:29 PM
If you want to see 1st hand what Robots are capable of get the "Iron Giant" DVD....

I. Hustle
11-10-2015, 04:39 PM
If you want to see 1st hand what Robots are capable of get the "Iron Giant" DVD....

Shit! I've seen that movie. I don't want any part of this robot crap, dude. That thing was ripping trees out of the ground and shit. That's some scary ass shit.

rmt
11-10-2015, 05:02 PM
I think there's a hotel in Japan run entirely by robots. It's very cheap, iirc, $60-70/night? Of course, the robots DON'T get tired, need vacation, need training, get sick, get old, etc.

I. Hustle
11-10-2015, 05:04 PM
I think there's a hotel in Japan run entirely by robots. It's very cheap, iirc, $60-70/night? Of course, the robots DON'T get tired, need vacation, need training, get sick, get old, etc.

Yeah, but you can't make a proper pr0n out of a robot knocking on the door and offering more than clean towels.

rmt
11-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Yeah, but you can't make a proper pr0n out of a robot knocking on the door and offering more than clean towels.

What's pr0n?

SpursforSix
11-10-2015, 05:54 PM
What's pr0n?

Bend over, I'll show you pr0n.

boutons_deux
11-13-2015, 11:14 AM
Robots and Humans Are Partners, Not Adversaries [Excerpt]

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/robots-and-humans-are-partners-not-adversaries-excerpt/