PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Current top ten?

Pages : [1] 2

DAF86
11-09-2015, 01:22 PM
1-Lebron
2-Curry
3-Durant
4-Davis
5-Griffin
6-Westbrook
7-CP3
8-Harden
9-Leonard?
10-Drummond?

Help me out scros.

11-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Are we going by so far this season?

RD2191
11-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Kawhi has to be top 5 imo.

DAF86
11-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Are we going by so far this season?

So far this season. Projected for this season. A little of past reputation. A bit of everything son. Imagine having to select players to win it all this season. Which players would you select first?

spursistan
11-09-2015, 01:35 PM
seems about right..CP3 could be having a down year and Cousins has huge upside but he is just being wasteful (ed) of his talent in the current Kings.

daslicer
11-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Curry has to be number 1 right now.

Cry Havoc
11-09-2015, 01:39 PM
1-Lebron
2-Curry
3-Durant
4-Davis
5-Griffin
6-Westbrook
7-CP3
8-Harden
9-Leonard?
10-Drummond?

Help me out scros.

1a LeBron 1b Curry - If Curry keeps this up he'll be in a league of his own.
3. Durant
4. Davis - Probably should be 3 but his team is terrible, so it's hard to gauge how he'd perform with anyone of talent on the Pelis.
5. Cp3
6. Leonard
7. Griffin
8. Harden
9. Westbrook
10. Lillard/Drummond/PG

ElNono
11-09-2015, 01:41 PM
It's early, but Harden's drop off is notable so far

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Can't really rely on this season, exclusively, since it has only been 2 weeks:lol..a lot of negative/positive regression will occur soon..

If we're combining past + present IMO:

1. Lebron
2. Curry
3. Davis(benefit of the doubt)
4. Harden(benefit of the doubt)
5. Westbrook
6. Griffin
7. Durant
8. Paul
9. Leonard
10. Cousins

Killakobe81
11-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Can't really rely on this season, exclusively, since it has only been 2 weeks:lol..a lot of negative/positive regression will occur soon..

1. Lebron
2. Curry
5. Westbrook
6. Griffin
7. Durant
8. Paul
9. Leonard
10. Cousins

Good list. and although Paul has been very good still I think Kiwi probably should get the edge over him. The 10 spot is very open for debate though. Cousins hasnt been healthy and I get some of is based off last year ...but I would be open to considering other choices.

DMC
11-09-2015, 03:42 PM
I take Leonard over CP3 simply because he can defend the best players in the league, damn near shut them down. CP3 is a good defender as well, but he's no Kawhi.

Cry Havoc
11-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Good list. and although Paul has been very good still I think Kiwi probably should get the edge over him. The 10 spot is very open for debate though. Cousins hasnt been healthy and I get some of is based off last year ...but I would be open to considering other choices.

Lillard and PG are killing it this year. They deserve some consideration even on bad teams.

I take Leonard over CP3 simply because he can defend the best players in the league, damn near shut them down. CP3 is a good defender as well, but he's no Kawhi.

CP3 is about two echelons above "good". Obviously not as good as Leonard but still, he's the best defensive PG in the league.

baseline bum
11-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Curry though, damn he looks unreal this season. Too bad he'll probably snap his ankle midway though the year.

DMC
11-09-2015, 03:53 PM
Lillard and PG are killing it this year. They deserve some consideration even on bad teams.

CP3 is about two echelons above "good". Obviously not as good as Leonard but still, he's the best defensive PG in the league.

So Kawhi is good but CP3 is two echelons above that and yet not "as good" as Kawhi?

See how that works?

CP3 is a good defender.

Cry Havoc
11-09-2015, 03:59 PM
So Kawhi is good but CP3 is two echelons above that and yet not "as good" as Kawhi?

See how that works?

CP3 is a good defender.

Well, good seems to be somewhere modestly above average. :lol

~O~
11-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Smh

DMC
11-09-2015, 04:07 PM
Well, good seems to be somewhere modestly above average. :lol
And CP3 isn't as modestly above average as Kawhi.

11-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Dirk, tbqh

Killakobe81
11-09-2015, 04:24 PM

I dont know that seems a bit tough to say ...he is amazing at his ability to disrupt sets dig on bigs and disrupt passing lanes but I dont think I would choose him first if I needed to "lockdown" a PG ...but there arent many good defensive PG's so you may be right. I think Russell has the best defensive tools but he doesnt put it together or has the natural instincts CP3 does ...

DMC
11-09-2015, 04:53 PM
I dont know that seems a bit tough to say ...he is amazing at his ability to disrupt sets dig on bigs and disrupt passing lanes but I dont think I would choose him first if I needed to "lockdown" a PG ...but there arent many good defensive PG's so you may be right. I think Russell has the best defensive tools but he doesnt put it together or has the natural instincts CP3 does ...
Westbrook doesn't do much on the defensive end. He gambles to get steals but doesn't play good team defense. He's too focused on his next offensive romp.

Killakobe81
11-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Westbrook doesn't do much on the defensive end. He gambles to get steals but doesn't play good team defense. He's too focused on his next offensive romp.

I agree. Like I said his instincts are poor. Im just saying if I was going to draw up a PG to lockdown another PG he has the right attributes. Ideal strength, quickness and size ...like a mini Lebron but he lacks the hoops IQ that James or Paul has ...

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2015, 04:56 PM

Russ has actually been horrendous on defense the past 2 years, tbh:lol..you're giving him too much credit(and I'm a huge Westbrook fan, of course)..

Durant is terrible on defense, too, after it looked like he was going to become a standout defender 2-3 years ago..he has actually fallen off even more, this season, probably exerting even more energy than usual on offense following the injury..

DMC
11-09-2015, 05:06 PM
OKC has that "someone do something" mentality on the defensive end, then "gets mines" on the offensive end. That's their Achilles heel, and it goes from the back of their heels to the back of their heads.

apalisoc_9
11-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Drummond has played elite level basketball in like 5 games :lol

Right now

Lebron
Curry
Durant
Griffin
Westbrook
Harden
Kawhi
Paul
cousins

Cry Havoc
11-09-2015, 05:47 PM

Er. I meant Paul George. Haha.

djohn2oo8
11-09-2015, 07:11 PM
He just dropped back to back 40 point games.

apalisoc_9
11-09-2015, 07:13 PM
Quick question, why give Davis the benefit ofnthe doubt but not Griffin?

TD 21
11-09-2015, 08:06 PM

1. Lebron
2. Curry
5. Westbrook
6. Griffin
7. Durant
8. Paul
9. Leonard
10. Cousins

I thought post prime Sabonis/prime Divac was the best center in the league?

1. James
2. Durant
3. Davis
4. Curry
5. Harden
6. Paul
7. Griffin
8. Westbrook
9. Leonard
10. Cousins

DAF86
11-09-2015, 09:04 PM

1. Lebron
2. Curry
5. Westbrook
6. Griffin
7. Durant
8. Paul
9. Leonard
10. Cousins

Why the benefit of the doubt for Harden and Davis but not Durant?

DAF86
11-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Smh

What's the problem son?

Kawhitstorm
11-09-2015, 09:25 PM

Westbrook as a "lockdown" defender:lmao

-Marcus Smart & Elfrid Payton are the best defensive point guards.

-John Wall has surpassed Cp3 as the best 2 way point guards; Kyle Lowry is top 3

-Avery Bradley is the best defender amongst combo guards

-Patrick Beverley & Cory Josephs are the best defensive backup point guards

sook
11-09-2015, 11:52 PM

Player of the week.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/james-harden-named-western-conference-player-week

Harden (6-5, 220) helped the Rockets to a 4-0 mark last week, including wins vs. Oklahoma City on Monday, Nov. 2 and at the L.A. Clippers on Saturday, Nov. 7. For the week, he averaged 38.5 points, 5.5 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 1.50 steals in 41.0 minutes per game while shooting 46.4% from the floor, 34.9% from 3-point range and 84.5% from the line.

I think the poor play first 3 games had to a with a lot of the the drama surrounding that fat Kartrashian whore. Since then, he's been playing like last season.

Killakobe81
11-10-2015, 05:43 PM

-John Wall has surpassed Cp3 as the best 2 way point guards; Kyle Lowry is top 3

Never said he was lockdown. i only said he has the tools. I agree Marcus Smart is amazing I actually think he may be better than Payton. I also agree that Wall may have surpassed CP3 ...
Not sure what you are laughing at ...

RsxPiimp
11-10-2015, 06:32 PM
Prime Harden putting up Achilles Kobe efficiency :lol

37 %FG
24% 3FG
5 TO/Game
42% of his points coming from charity stripe

:lol

RsxPiimp
11-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Never said he was lockdown. i only said he has the tools. I agree Marcus Smart is amazing I actually think he may be better than Payton. I also agree that Wall may have surpassed CP3 ...

Wall is horrible offensively tbh.

djohn2oo8
11-10-2015, 06:49 PM
Prime Harden putting up Achilles Kobe efficiency :lol

37 %FG
24% 3FG
5 TO/Game
42% of his points coming from charity stripe

Achilles Kobe is actually lower.

RsxPiimp
11-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Achilles Kobe is actually lower.
:lol... that's actually a pretty low expectation you have for your franchise player

djohn2oo8
11-10-2015, 07:13 PM
:lol... that's actually a pretty low expectation you have for your franchise player

No, low expectations would be making the lottery for the fourth straight year with your franchise player.

Killakobe81
11-10-2015, 07:28 PM
No, low expectations would be making the lottery for the fourth straight year with your franchise player.

Lakers only in 2 lotteries so far ... but I think 3 straight are on tap ...

DMC
11-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Lakers only in 2 lotteries so far ... but I think 3 straight are on tap ...

Yeah there was that SWEEP prior to the tank convoy.

LkrFan
11-10-2015, 08:38 PM
1) Kang
2) Curry
3) Durant
4) Griffin
5) Harden
6) Davis
7) Westbrook
8) Paul
9) Lillard
10) George

Kawhitstorm
11-10-2015, 09:17 PM

Westbrook was DPOY in the Pac-10 so he has always had the tool, it's just that he is committed to playing lockdown defense & prefers to be a ball-hawk ala Iverson. His athleticism & size enables him to get by along w/ getting opposing point guards in foul trouble & making them expend a lot of energy. Otherwise, he has all the tools to be as good as prime Wade on defense but at the moment their defense hinges on Ibaka erasing their mistakes.

Kawhitstorm
11-10-2015, 09:25 PM
Wall is horrible offensively tbh.

Could you please elaborate?:lol. He can't carry the offense & play lockdown defense when Beal is out but otherwise he is a very good on ball /help defender & doesn't gamble. He completely shut down All-Star Lowry in this past postseason.

RsxPiimp
11-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Could you please elaborate?:lol. He can't carry the offense & play lockdown defense when Beal is out but otherwise he is a very good on ball /help defender & doesn't gamble. He completely shut down All-Star Lowry in this past postseason.

Love his defense like you said. I'm a DC native so I honestly watch/saw several Wizards games, his offense is just atrocious unlike many of his elite contemporaries (Irving, CP3 for example) his lack of a jumper and generally poor scoring skills is what's holding him from belonging to Tier 1 status. The rest of his game is solid though.

Kawhitstorm
11-10-2015, 10:16 PM
Love his defense like you said. I'm a DC native so I honestly watch/saw several Wizards games, his offense is just atrocious unlike many of his elite contemporaries (Irving, CP3 for example) his lack of a jumper and generally poor scoring skills is what's holding him from belonging to Tier 1 status. The rest of his game is solid though.

He's a Rondo clone; he isn't going to be an elite scorer or a go to guy at the end of games. He might be a better fit w/ KD though since he's a willing passer.

RsxPiimp
11-10-2015, 10:19 PM
He's a Rondo clone; he isn't going to be an elite scorer or a go to guy at the end of games. He might be a better fit w/ KD though since he's a willing passer.
+1. He's elite in playmaking considering the quality of players he's been with...

The Third Man
11-10-2015, 11:36 PM

Focus on the death of Kobe, your brain dead coach, losing your lottery pick and Fredo Buss driving the family ride into the fucking Marianas Trench. Harden's fucking aces compared to your clogged toilet of a franchise.

DAF86
06-20-2016, 10:35 PM
Updated for next season.

1-Lebron
2-Curry
3-Durant
4-Leonard
5-Davis
6-Paul
7-Westbrook
8-George
9-Harden
10-Aldridge/Draymond/Griffin

djohn2oo8
06-20-2016, 10:38 PM
Updated for next season.

1-Lebron
2-Curry
3-Durant
4-Leonard
5-Davis
6-Paul
7-Westbrook
8-George
9-Harden
10-Aldridge
Wait, Leonard better than Davis, Paul, Westbrook, George, Harden, and Aldridge? :lol

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2016, 10:39 PM
1. Lebron
2. Dominos
3. Curry
4. Leonard
5. Westbrook
6. Paul
7. Davis
8. Harden
9. George
10. Draymond

DAF86
06-20-2016, 10:40 PM
Wait, Leonard better than Davis, Westbrook, George, Harden, and Aldridge? :lol

Are you saying Leonard isn't better than any of those guys? You are saying Leonard isn't better than Aldridge? :lol

Well, I don't know. 50/40/90 guy who also happens to be the best defender in the league. Mmmmh..... Let me think a little..... This is a difficult one.

DMC
06-20-2016, 10:41 PM
Wait, Leonard better than Davis, Paul, Westbrook, George, Harden, and Aldridge? :lol
Well.. yeah. How much hardware does either of them have?

spursistan
06-20-2016, 10:44 PM
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Curry
4. Kawhi
5. Chris Paul
6. Westbrook
7. Davis
8. Harden
9. Paul George
10. KAT

djohn2oo8
06-20-2016, 10:50 PM
Well.. yeah. How much hardware does either of them have?
Team accomplishment. Is Leonard a better player than Russell Westbrook?

djohn2oo8
06-20-2016, 10:52 PM
Are you saying Leonard isn't better than any of those guys? You are saying Leonard isn't better than Aldridge? :lol

Well, I don't know. 50/40/90 guy who also happens to be the best defender in the league. Mmmmh..... Let me think a little..... This is a difficult one.
Leonard is not a go to guy, yet.

Thread
06-20-2016, 10:53 PM

Luva diagnosed the tard gene in him. That was it.

DAF86
06-20-2016, 10:54 PM

I gave you a reason that wasn't based on team accomplishments, tbh. And yes, Leonard is an overall better player than low IQ Westbrook.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2016, 10:57 PM
I gave you a reason that wasn't based on team accomplishments, tbh. And yes, Leonard is an overall better player than low IQ Westbrook.
:lmao :lmao

DAF86
06-20-2016, 10:57 PM

Strange, because I saw the Spurs going to him a lot this past season. They went to him most than to any other player in the last 5 or 6 years, tbh. And he responded with his most efficient season to date.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2016, 10:58 PM
Luva diagnosed the tard gene in him. That was it.
He doesn't want the ball in clutch moments.

DAF86

Those two smilies sure make a compelling counterargument, tbh.

djohn2oo8
Strange, because I saw the Spurs going to him a lot this past season. They went to him most than to any other player in the last 5 or 6 years, tbh. And he responded with his most efficient season to date.
He was no where to be found late in games in the OKC series. And got roasted by Durant.

Thread
06-20-2016, 10:59 PM
He doesn't want the ball in clutch moments.

Neither does LMA. That leaves the Liver Spot Trio.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2016, 11:01 PM
Neither does LMA. That leaves the Liver Spot Trio.
Yep.

DAF86
06-20-2016, 11:04 PM
He was no where to be found late in games in the OKC series. And got roasted by Durant.

He had a bad series, shit like that happens. You of all people should know that, having Harden on your team.

Westbrook didn't too well against the Warriors either, tbh. Nor in many other series where the Thunder got eliminated.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2016, 11:07 PM
He had a bad series, shit like that happens. You of all people should know that, having Harden on your team.

Westbrook didn't too well against the Warriors either, tbh. Nor in many other series where the Thunder got eliminated.
Leonard has to be forced by Pop to want the ball. So no, he is not better than Westbrook. Leonard is not a go to guy.

DAF86
06-20-2016, 11:08 PM
Nor against San Antonio for that matter. OKC as a team was just better than the Spurs.

DAF86
06-20-2016, 11:15 PM
Leonard has to be forced by Pop to want the ball. So no, he is not better than Westbrook. Leonard is not a go to guy.

OK, so I will just go against my own belief, stats, and facts and just buy what you say, no matter how little sense you actually make. :lol

:cry "he doesn't want the ball in his hands"
:cry "he isn't clutch"
:cry "he lacks killer instinct"
:cry "eye-test > facts"

You sound like Kobefans :lol

Hope you do fine next season with your super duper go to guy Harden, tbh. He's good because he doesn't have to be forced by his coach to want the ball, tbh.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2016, 11:20 PM
OK, so I will just go against my own belief, stats, and facts and just buy what you say, no matter how little sense you actually make. :lol

:cry "he doesn't want the ball in his hands"
:cry "he isn't clutch"
:cry "he lacks killer instinct"
:cry "eye-test > facts"

You sound like Kobefans :lol

Hope you do fine next season with your super duper go to guy Harden, tbh.
Not sure why you are all upset. Kawhi is a nice player. He is not a go to guy and that's okay. If he was, why would the Spurs, who NEVER chase big name free agents, have felt obliged to bring in LaMarcus Aldridge in the fold after watching Kawhi average 14-8-2 on a horrid 30% FG the last 3 games in that Clipper series if they thought he could carry a franchise? Yes he had a great season this year. The fact remains the Spurs, a 67 win team, lost to a lesser team in the playoffs with Kawhi at the helm and when he was scared to touch the ball.

Thread
06-20-2016, 11:26 PM
Nor against San Antonio for that matter. OKC as a team was just better than the Spurs.

You grew & got slovenly.

DMC
06-20-2016, 11:28 PM

I think so. Who would you rather build a team around?

DMC
06-20-2016, 11:29 PM
And Russell is and what the fuck has he done with it? Nothing but lose the WCF up 3-1.

Casual NBA fans think "go to" means the player who can score when you need him to. Instead, it means the guy you hope can score so you give him the ball all the time. Kobe was the go to guy in LA until he retired. How did that go?

Leonard could be a go to guy if the Spurs went to him. Russell being a PG, he's always the default "go to" person. He just seems to often forget there are 4 other people on the floor the ball could go to.

DAF86
06-20-2016, 11:30 PM
Not sure why you are all upset. Kawhi is a nice player. He is not a go to guy and that's okay. If he was, why would the Spurs, who NEVER chase big name free agents, have felt obliged to bring in LaMarcus Aldridge in the fold after watching Kawhi average 14-8-2 on a horrid 30% FG the last 3 games in that Clipper series if they thought he could carry a franchise? Yes he had a great season this year. The fact remains the Spurs, a 67 win team, lost to a lesser team in the playoffs with Kawhi at the helm.

Where did you get that "Spurs never go after big names in free agency" bullshit? :lol

Them not being able to atract big name free agents doesn't mean "not chasing", tbh.

This past offseason we were just lucky a B-list name decided to sign with us. Hopefuly we get one more this offseason, tbh.

You don't think Leonard is a go to guy? Fine, I still think he's a better player than a brainless chucker like Westbrook or a gutless stats padder like Harden. And I doubt I'm in the minority here.

You made it seem like saying Leonard > Westbrook or Harden was some retarded shit to say, even bringing smilies to the conversation :lol, When I'm pretty sure most people would agree with me (maybe is 50-50 with Westbrook, but it's not even close with Harden, tbh).

You are the one being a homer here son, not me.

resistanze
06-20-2016, 11:35 PM
1. Lebron
2. Curry
3. Durant
4. Leonard
5. Westbrook
6. Paul
7. Davis
8. Harden
9. Draymond
10. George

djohn2oo8
06-20-2016, 11:36 PM
I think so. Who would you rather build a team around?
Westbrook. He creates for others, and isn't scared to fail.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2016, 11:40 PM
Where did you get that "Spurs never go after big names in free agency" bullshit? :lol

Them not being able to atract big name free agents doesn't mean "not chasing", tbh.

This past offseason we were just lucky a B-list name decided to sign with us. Hopefuly we get one more this offseason, tbh.

You don't think Leonard is a go to guy? Fine, I still think he's a better player than a brainless chucker like Westbrook or a gutless stats padder like Harden. And I doubt I'm in the minority here.

You made it seem like saying Leonard > Westbrook or Harden was some retarded shit to say, even bringing smilies to the conversation :lol, When I'm pretty sure most people would agree with me (maybe is 50-50 with Westbrook, but it's not even close with Harden, tbh).

You are the one being a homer here son, not me.
That's fine. Your opinion is yours. The fact remains, Leonard without Aldridge couldn't close out the shittier team. Leonard WITH Aldridge couldn't close out the shittier team.

DAF86
06-20-2016, 11:49 PM
That's fine. Your opinion is yours. The fact remains, Leonard without Aldridge couldn't close out the shittier team. Leonard WITH Aldridge couldn't close out the shittier team.

Curry just lost against the shittier team, thanks in big part to him underperforming, but I'm not going to take him out of the top 3 just because of that, tbh. It's not like Kawhi hasn't proved himself in the playoffs before.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2016, 11:54 PM
Curry just lost against the shittier team, thanks in big part to him underperforming, but I'm not going to take him out of the top 3 just because of that, tbh. It's not like Kawhi hasn't proved himself in the playoffs before.
As a role player, he has.

ElNono
06-21-2016, 12:08 AM
Everybody overrating Davis, tbh... he puts the numbers, but he's yet to carry his team to some heights... maybe next season is that season?

SAGirl
06-21-2016, 01:56 AM
Everybody overrating Davis, tbh... he puts the numbers, but he's yet to carry his team to some heights... maybe next season is that season?
We have to hope he's healthy and that team of his is healthy too. He's had a revolving door with a lot of dleague talent. It's hard to gauge a young player in that environment but even Paul George brought his team to the playoffs.

Davis is on the edge of really becoming overrated putting stats in bad teams. Let's hope he's healthy bc I can see KAT making noise inn the playoffs before him the way he's going.

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 04:33 AM
1. Lebron
2. Dominos
3. Curry
4. Leonard
5. Westbrook
6. Paul
7. Davis
8. Harden
9. George
10. Draymond

Solid list mine would be similar

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 04:36 AM

No, this is about right bottom 10.
Last year, everyone was overrating Davis talking MVP ...
I, ME rated him right i told you no way he wins mvp ...heck he dint make all nba. But when healthy he is a top 10 player just not top 5 yet ...

lebomb
06-21-2016, 06:45 AM
Come on ................. No Kyrie Irving or Lillard? WTF are yall smokin? Kyrie HAS to be in the top 10 period.

DMC
06-21-2016, 09:52 AM
Westbrook. He creates for others, and isn't scared to fail.

He shouldn't be, he's very good at it.

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 10:00 AM

hey genius, I said I wouldnt choose him first if I needed a lockdown defender ...

DMC
06-21-2016, 10:08 AM
There's a lot of good players in the game. Making a list of the best is meaningless without referencing position. There are best players at certain positions. It's like calling Tom Brady a better player than Barry Sanders was. Different roles. Even in their respective roles, they have sub-roles. Irving is a scoring PG, and a damn good one. He's got AI level handles and can finish with the best of them. He's also a knock down shooter. He doesn't have great court vision however, maybe because he's always looking to score first. He and Lillard are of the same cloth. Then you have CP3 who can do it all, shoot, score, pass and defend. He's one of the best passing PGs we've ever seen, his defense might be a bit overrated because of his steals but he's a defender nonetheless. Westbrook is a scorer, good handles, can defend but often chooses not to. When he tries to defend he's pretty good at it, same with James Harden. Guys with good handles, who are athletic and quick and have precision motor skills make good defenders. They just need to want to. So you cannot put all these guys in one bowl and see who the best are. You have to have context.

DAF86
10-29-2016, 11:31 PM
Update:

1-Lebron
2-Curry
3-Durant
4-Kawhi
5-Davis
6-Westbrook
7-Harden
8-Paul
9-Cousins
10-George

P/S:

:lol djohn2oo8

apalisoc_9
10-29-2016, 11:44 PM
Update:

1-Lebron
2-Curry
3-Durant
4-Kawhi
5-Davis
6-Westbrook
7-Harden
8-Paul
9-Cousins
10-George

P/S:

:lol djohn2oo8

Curry :lmao

That twink has zero defensive responsibiity. He's getting outscored by Durant who is also the second best defensive player for GSW...

Lebron
Kawhi
Durant
Curry
Paul
Westbrook
Harden
Griffin
Davis
Cousins

Also rocket fans are delusional and antiquated. Usually asians. Os djohn asian?

DAF86
10-29-2016, 11:49 PM
I'm still not ready to demote the b2b MVP, tbh.

Clipper Nation
10-30-2016, 12:02 AM
1. LeBron

2. Kawhi
3. Davis
4. Blake
5. Westbrook
6. Cousins
7. George

8. Durbeta
9. Cucky
10. Flop So Harden

apalisoc_9
10-30-2016, 12:42 AM
Also, Griffin right now is no doubt the most underrated player in the league...I get that he was out for a good percentage of time last year, but his value is at least top 8.

Even worse is that Paul and Griffin have played fo lr fringe contenders.

Also crazy how Paul got that LA team to 53 wins when his second best offensive player for most of the season was either reddick or Crawford. :lol

timtonymanu
10-30-2016, 12:46 AM
1. LeBron
2. Kawhi
3. Curry
4. Durant
5. Paul
6. Westbrook
7. Griffin
8. Harden
9. Davis
10. Cousins

DMC
10-30-2016, 01:13 AM
I'm still not ready to demote the b2b MVP, tbh.
MVP doesn't = best player in the league. Also, the thread title is "Current top ten?"

You should change it to "grandfathered top ten?" if "current" can be swayed by what happened last season.

DAF86
10-30-2016, 01:26 AM
MVP doesn't = best player in the league. Also, the thread title is "Current top ten?"

You should change it to "grandfathered top ten?" if "current" can be swayed by what happened last season.

No, it doesn't. That's why I have at 2, not 1. Duh.

DMC
10-30-2016, 01:28 AM
So what does that have to do with what he did last year?

DAF86
10-30-2016, 01:41 AM
So what does that have to do with what he did last year?

Since this season is only at the 2/3 games per team point what folks did last season still holds a lot of importance, imrho.

I'm not going to be putting Westbrook at number 1 just yet, despite him averaging 30 something pts and a triple double in 2 wins.

DMC
10-30-2016, 01:56 AM
Since this season is only at the 2/3 games per team point what folks did last season still holds a lot of importance, imrho.

I'm not going to be putting Westbrook at number 1 just yet, despite him averaging 30 something pts and a triple double in 2 wins.
Then it doesn't need an update.

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2016, 02:08 AM
5. Paul
6. Westbrook

Choke-P3 got cucked by WestBrick in the 2014 postseason & their most recent match-up:

sfEHxBGDKz8

DAF86
10-30-2016, 02:42 AM
Then it doesn't need an update.

Yes it does, because what "folks did last season holds a lot of importance" but not all of it. There are some of the things that we have seen from these few games that have changed the perspective of some folks regarding certain players. For ex: I have heard a lot of guys say that Kawhi seems like the second best player in the league from what they have seen so far. Some of them didn't think that way last season.

Anyway that's just my opinion, you can feel free to keep nitpicking, about the most minor thing you see on a sports forum, all you want. I've seen worse ways of spending a saturday night. For ex: not going out because you have to study but, instead of studying, spending all night watching Kawhi Leonard's highlights on youtube and arguing with guys with a pathological disorder on the internet. :lol

Ginobili3
10-30-2016, 03:29 AM
LeBron, Kawhi, Steph, KD, Russ, AD, Harden, CP3, Blake. I dunno who the 10th is: Cousins, LmA or PG13

Robz4000
10-30-2016, 04:45 AM
LeBron
Kawhi
Durbeta
Curry
Davis
Westchimp
Griffin
Harden
George
Paul

Clipper Nation
10-30-2016, 11:22 AM
Also, Griffin right now is no doubt the most underrated player in the league...I get that he was out for a good percentage of time last year, but his value is at least top 8.

Even worse is that Paul and Griffin have played fo lr fringe contenders.

Also crazy how Paul got that LA team to 53 wins when his second best offensive player for most of the season was either reddick or Crawford. :lol
It was the regular season and the pressure was off. Of course Choke Paul was going to look good.

DAF86
11-26-2016, 01:05 PM

Kind of old but it has to be done anyways.

Hey son, do you remeber when you called me a homer and started using lol smilies for ranking Leonard 4th before the season?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank4_2016/nbarank-4-san-antonio-spurs-forward-kawhi-leonard

Bunch of Spurs homers at ESPN I guess. :lol

11-26-2016, 01:28 PM
Daaamn

MultiTroll
11-26-2016, 01:46 PM
1. LeBron
2. Davis
3. Kawhi (cut the Kobme shit off, like now. You've actually regressed.)
4. Curry little bitch seems to be back after some steroid rehab.
5. Cousins
6. Westchimp faggot Durant really cost him last years playoffs
7. Griffin
8. Boban
9. Any hetero NBA player (minority group)
10. Spurs cheerleader

djohn2oo8
11-26-2016, 01:49 PM
Kind of old but it has to be done anyways.

Hey son, do you remeber when you called me a homer and started using lol smilies for ranking Leonard 4th before the season?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank4_2016/nbarank-4-san-antonio-spurs-forward-kawhi-leonard

Bunch of Spurs homers at ESPN I guess. :lol
Leonard is good no doubt. Those other guys didn't need a system to become good.

DMC
11-26-2016, 02:36 PM

Didn't need a boat to become American either.

djohn2oo8
11-26-2016, 02:42 PM
Didn't need a boat to become American either.
At least he has a reason for having oversized hands, unlike some people.

DMC
11-26-2016, 02:46 PM
At least he has a reason for having oversized hands, unlike some people.

And at least you cannot blindfold him with a shoestring.

djohn2oo8
11-26-2016, 02:49 PM
And at least you cannot blindfold him with a shoestring.
I doubt your hands are athletic enough to tie a shoestring.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/DMCHand_zps86eecc97.jpg

DMC
11-26-2016, 03:02 PM
^ That doesn't make any sense.

djohn2oo8
11-26-2016, 03:04 PM
Posting a picture of your fatass hand in front of your computer screen typically tends to not make sense.

whitemamba
11-26-2016, 03:06 PM
Posting a picture of your fatass hand in front of your computer screen typically tends to not make sense.

Thats mean Djohn leave him alone. This is Spurstalk, we only talk spurs here.

whitemamba
11-26-2016, 03:07 PM

DMC
11-26-2016, 03:13 PM

Except to prove your skin color. I have nothing to hide.

DMC
11-26-2016, 03:14 PM

You're allowed to talk anything you like. You just cannot tell others that you have exclusive Kobe rights. Kobe will be the fuckhole here until we say otherwise.

Fat Hands
11-26-2016, 03:19 PM
I doubt your hands are athletic enough to tie a shoestring.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/DMCHand_zps86eecc97.jpg

I can relate

Spurtacular
11-26-2016, 05:23 PM
1. Kawhi Leonard
2. Lebron James
3. Kevin Durant
4. Wardlow Curry
5. Jimmy Butler
6. Kyrie Irving
7. Anthony Davis
8. Paul George
9. James Harden
10. Russell Westbrook

djohn2oo8
11-26-2016, 05:39 PM
1. Kawhi Leonard
2. Lebron James
3. Kevin Durant
4. Wardlow Curry
5. Jimmy Butler
6. Kyrie Irving
7. Anthony Davis
8. Paul George
9. James Harden
10. Russell Westbrook

:lmao

Spurtacular
11-26-2016, 05:41 PM
:lmao

Be specific, bro. Stop wasting my clicks.

djohn2oo8
11-26-2016, 05:48 PM
Be specific, bro. Stop wasting my clicks.

First we can start with you saying Kawhi is better than LeBron :rollin

Spurtacular
11-26-2016, 05:54 PM

Lebron wasn't even thee man on his own team in the finals last season; and it's not like he dominates the regular season any more either. Whereas, Kawhi is getting it done on both sides of the ball, night in and night out as he carries a slightly diminishing team on his back.

djohn2oo8
11-26-2016, 06:10 PM
Lebron wasn't even thee man on his own team in the finals last season;
Wait, LeBron wasn't the man in the finals last season? where you mean LeBron averaged 29.7/11.3/8.9 in the finals to overcome a 3-1 deficit? :lmao :lmao :lmao

and it's not like he dominates the regular season any more either. Whereas, Kawhi is getting it done on both sides of the ball, night in and night out as he carries a slightly diminishing team on his back.

Surely you are not using 16 games into the season for you saying LeBron doesn't dominate the regular season anymore when he easily can if he wanted to. :lol

And of course, Kawhi has one of the greatest coaches of all time who made him good. LeBron won a ring with Tyron fucking Lue :lmao

Spurtacular
11-26-2016, 06:40 PM
Wait, LeBron wasn't the man in the finals last season? where you mean LeBron averaged 29.7/11.3/8.9 in the finals to overcome a 3-1 deficit? :lmao :lmao :lmao

Surely you are not using 16 games into the season for you saying LeBron doesn't dominate the regular season anymore when he easily can if he wanted to. :lol

And of course, Kawhi has one of the greatest coaches of all time who made him good. LeBron won a ring with Tyron fucking Lue :lmao

Difference between stat stuffing and dominating, dude. Difference between epic comeback and epic choking for that matter. Who'd the Cavs go to when they needed the winning shot? It wasn't LeChoke. Not taking anything away from Lebron b/c he played a splendid finals for a change; but I think the hero worship goes a little far.

And no, I'm not going by 16 games. I'm going by the last couple of seasons. As it is, it seems like Lebron has even up-ticked a little for this regular season. But the reality is there are times that he has to shift to a lower gear b/c he's started the downhill of his career.

HarlemHeat37
11-26-2016, 06:57 PM
1. Kawhi Leonard
2. Lebron James
3. Kevin Durant
4. Wardlow Curry
5. Jimmy Butler
6. Kyrie Irving
7. Anthony Davis
8. Paul George
9. James Harden
10. Russell Westbrook

DAF86
11-26-2016, 07:02 PM

Yeah, hitting threes off the dribble at a higher than 40% clip and being one of the most efficient one on one scorers in the league is all about the system. :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-26-2016, 07:03 PM
Yeah, hitting threes off the dribble at a higher than 40% clip and being one of the most efficient one on one scorers in the league is all about the system. :lol

Not to mention the Spurs' "system" has completely changed since Kawhi broke out:lol

Down Under
11-26-2016, 07:34 PM
1. LeBron
2. Kawhi
3. Curry
4. Durant
5. Paul
6. Westbrook
7. Griffin
8. Harden
9. Davis
10. Cousins

DMC
11-26-2016, 10:26 PM
Lebron wasn't even thee man on his own team in the finals last season; and it's not like he dominates the regular season any more either. Whereas, Kawhi is getting it done on both sides of the ball, night in and night out as he carries a slightly diminishing team on his back.

lol I can't defend this.

Spurtacular
11-26-2016, 10:42 PM
lol I can't defend this.

That said, I can still see ranking Lebron as #1 at this point.

phyzik
11-27-2016, 01:56 AM
Kahwi is somewhere between 4th and 7th right now. I'll take that for a 2-way player any day of the week though. Seriously, DPOY candidate for a 3rd straight year playing offensive hoops with the likes of Lebron, Curry and Westbrook? If you are hating on that, you are just hating.

spursistan
12-12-2016, 12:52 PM
* It's subject to change on month-to-month basis. Only Lebron place as best player in the leagure is undisputable and will remain so til someone severely outplays him in the playoffs and he shows noticeable signs of decline, which he hasn't.

1- Lebron (duh!)

2- Durant (showcasing how good of defensive player he's, GSW helps (playing many mins against 2nd units), but his efficiency has been ungodly..still Beta tho)

3- Kawhi (led the team to 2nd best record having Patty freakin' Mills as his most reliable sidekick :lmao.. Spurs probably have the most overrated roster in the NBA; bunch of washed-up names with Softridge barely playing like a top 30 player in the league)

4- Westbrook (dude pulling the mother of all "carrying scrubs" jobs, warts and all)

5- Paul: (still the best pure PG in the league)

6- Curry: (KD has taken the luster and mystique out of him, but his defensive regression and inability to switch to PS mode (only 32% off the dribble 3PT this season) has him looking very mortal)

7- Harden: (nice bounce-back year)

8- Davis (he was probably the best player in NBA through November..cooled off lately.)

9- Butler (this might be his peak season, he is at that age, 27.)

10- Giannis (biggest leap of any player this season)

-----didn't make the cut---

* Blake Griffin: sorry, you have all the talent in the world, but your softness is maddening, tbh.
* Paul George: Out of all elite wings, he seems like the one who has really plateaued, if not slightly regressed...

Wait, Leonard better than Davis, Paul, Westbrook, George, Harden, and Aldridge?

And you wonder where that djohn deliberate obtuseness in the Klay thread is coming from..he is been bad for A while..

Joseph Kony
12-12-2016, 12:58 PM
This season imo:

1. LeBron
2. Westbrook
3. Durant
4. Kawhi
5. Harden
6. Curry
7. Paul
8. Giannis
9. Davis
10. Butler

lefty
12-12-2016, 01:15 PM
1. LeBron
2. Porzingis
3. AlphaBrook

The Rest

Sean Cagney
12-12-2016, 02:01 PM

HUGE Spurs fan but NO, not even close lol.

spursistan
12-13-2016, 01:08 PM
* It's subject to change on month-to-month basis. Only Lebron place as best player in the leagure is undisputable and will remain so til someone severely outplays him in the playoffs and he shows noticeable signs of decline, which he hasn't.

1- Lebron (duh!)

2- Durant (showcasing how good of defensive player he's, GSW helps (playing many mins against 2nd units), but his efficiency has been ungodly..still Beta tho)

3- Kawhi (led the team to 2nd best record having Patty freakin' Mills as his most reliable sidekick :lmao.. Spurs probably have the most overrated roster in the NBA; bunch of washed-up names with Softridge barely playing like a top 30 player in the league)

4- Westbrook (dude pulling the mother of all "carrying scrubs" jobs, warts and all)

6- Curry: (KD has taken the luster and mystique out of him, but his defensive regression and inability to switch to PS mode (only 32% off the dribble 3PT this season) has him looking very mortal)

8- Davis (he was probably the best player in NBA through November..cooled off lately.)

9- Butler (this might be his peak season, he is at that age, 27.)

10- Giannis (biggest leap of any player this season)

-----didn't make the cut---

* Blake Griffin: sorry, you have all the talent in the world, but your softness is maddening, tbh.
* Paul George: Out of all elite wings, he seems like the one who has really plateaued, if not slightly regressed...

And you wonder where that djohn deliberate obtuseness in the Klay thread is coming from..he is been bad for A while..

Just like I said yesterday on Curry

Clipper Nation
12-13-2016, 01:16 PM
Who'd the Cavs go to when they needed the winning shot? It wasn't LeChoke.

"LeChoke" won the Finals with the greatest block in NBA history. The Kang's haters want to obsess over how one of Kyrie's chucks went in, but it was The Block! that crushed the Warriors' spirit once and for all.

Additionally, from 2001-2015 (unfortunately the most recent stats I could find), "LeChoke" made more playoff game-winners than Duncan, Manu, Dirk, Kidd, Shaq, or Chauncey.

Clipper Nation
12-13-2016, 01:19 PM
Just like I said yesterday on Curry

Interesting. Will Curry pull a Kobe and run Durbeta offPERIOD? He already pulled a Kobe on draft day - his people told Minnesota not to draft him under any circumstances because he didn't want to play there.

Spurtacular
12-16-2016, 12:35 AM
"LeChoke" won the Finals with the greatest block in NBA history. The Kang's haters want to obsess over how one of Kyrie's chucks went in, but it was The Block! that crushed the Warriors' spirit once and for all.

Additionally, from 2001-2015 (unfortunately the most recent stats I could find), "LeChoke" made more playoff game-winners than Duncan, Manu, Dirk, Kidd, Shaq, or Chauncey.

Agudola playing injured or that block never happens.

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2016, 12:55 PM

Choke-P better than Curry, who has owned him since the '14 playoffs, & Harden, whose team has the same record w/ an inferior talent.:lmao

Top 3 PGs:

-Harden
-WestBrick
-Curry

....but somehow Choke-P is the 5th best player in the league.:rollin

spursistan
12-16-2016, 12:59 PM
Choke-P better than Curry, who has owned him since the '14 playoffs, & Harden, whose team has the same record w/ an inferior talent.:lmao

Go look at the stats: Steph has lowkey regressed to his 2014 levels :lol

spursistan
12-16-2016, 01:02 PM
I know it may change in the course of the season, but Curry isn't even Top 5 player in the league right now..remember when you get shocked if he missed an off-dribble 3 pointer last year..His finishing around rim is down and his defense has slipped big time..

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2016, 01:19 PM
Go look at the stats: Steph has lowkey regressed to his 2014 levels :lol

Baby Steph gave PRIME Choke-P the business in the 2014 postseason: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi#stats_playoffs::none :lol

Even without his shot falling (although he killed Choke-P off cuts in the 1st quarter blowout), Curry outplayed him on BOTH ends during their most recent H2H. (Choke-P stat padded in glorified garbage time ala 2014 Final LeBron)

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2016, 01:26 PM
I know it may change in the course of the season, but Curry isn't even Top 5 player in the league right now, his defense has slipped big time..

He looks like the DPOY every time he goes up against the Cripples, tbh.:lol

RUYEIXqzU48

Clipper Nation
12-16-2016, 04:33 PM
Agud:cryla playing injured :cryr that bl:cryck never happens.

If Irving and Love weren't injured, Iguodala would still be ringless.

Spurtacular
12-16-2016, 06:20 PM
If Irving and Love weren't injured, Iguodala would still be ringless.

Even if true, you're not making the case for Lebron's greatness.

Spurtacular
12-16-2016, 06:22 PM
He looks like the DPOY every time he goes up against the Cripples, tbh.:lol

RUYEIXqzU48

Cherrypicking some dumb sh**? No, Curry's not a very good defender.

spursistan
12-26-2016, 11:17 PM

Lebron sits; Cavs get destroyed by the reeling Pistons...He is vasically the difference between them being co-title favorites and a lottery team in the East..

DAF86
12-26-2016, 11:21 PM
Update:

1-Lebron
2-Durant
3-Curry
4-Kawhi
5a-Westbrook
5b-Harden
5c-Davis
8-CP3
9-Cousins
10-PG13

apalisoc_9
12-26-2016, 11:42 PM
Update:

1-Lebron
2-Durant
3-Curry
4-Kawhi
5a-Westbrook
5b-Harden
5c-Davis
8-CP3
9-Cousins
10-PG13

Cousins is carrying the kings to a playoff record and almost an indentital statsitical feats as Davis. That nutcase is the best big in the NBA.

Players who have never made it to the playoffs or won a game in the playoffs should never ever be considered top 5. Paul George has been trash all year.

Kawhi is outscoring curry whose only responsibility is to score. :lmao

Lebron
Kawhi
Durant
Harden
Curry
Westbrook

Doesnt really matter, but cousins is the best of the next bunch.

HarlemHeat37
12-27-2016, 02:49 PM
Westbrook
Curry
Paul
Lowry
Irving

Harden
Giannis
Derozan
Thompson
Lou Williams

Lebron
Dominos
Kawhi
Butler
George

Davis
Griffin
Draymond
Love
Millsap

Cousins
Gobert
Gasol
Towns
Howard

spursistan
12-27-2016, 02:54 PM
Should we start questioning Anthony Davis inability to translate his big numbers into wins and carry the Pelicans to the POs? the Kings roster isn't much better but Cousins is putting them on his back and will probably make it this year..

spursistan
12-27-2016, 03:15 PM
Cousins is carrying the kings to a playoff record and almost an indentital statsitical feats as Davis. That nutcase is the best big in the NBA.

Players who have never made it to the playoffs or won a game in the playoffs should never ever be considered top 5. Paul George has been trash all year.

Lebron
Kawhi
Durant
Harden
Curry
Westbrook

Doesnt really matter, but cousins is the best of the next bunch.

many Pacers fans are starting to hate on him..He is playing like he wants out of there..totally lazy and disengaged..Just watch this sequence of him getting beaten to a rebound by Rondo three times...You could tell someone is going through the motions...

TD 21
12-27-2016, 05:30 PM
Tier 1: James, Durant

Tier 2: Curry, Harden, Griffin, Paul, Davis, Westbrook, Cousins, Leonard.

Tier 3: Millsap, Butler, Irving, Love, Green, George, Gasol, Antetokounmpo, Towns, Lillard, Aldridge, Lowry, Wall.

813581332756500480 Lebron sits; Cavs get destroyed by the reeling Pistons...He is vasically the difference between them being co-title favorites and a lottery team in the East..

Pistons were overdue for a win, Cavaliers were due for a letdown and they're severely lacking depth right now.

This is the problem with on/off stats and records with/without certain players: they don't factor in context.

I'm not trying to downplay James' impact, but this team is better than they were for most of their first 2 years together. Give them a healthy Smith, legit backup point guard and to a lesser extent Andersen and they'd still be a formidable team in games where James rests.

benefactor
12-27-2016, 05:53 PM
^shut the fuck up you weepy fucking female

StrengthAndHonor
12-27-2016, 06:14 PM
Westbrook
Lebron
Durant
Kawhi
Chris Paul

Curry
Demar Derozan
Kyrie Irving
Harden
Davis

djohn2oo8
12-27-2016, 06:37 PM
Westbrook
Lebron
Durant
Kawhi
Chris Paul

Curry
Demar Derozan
Kyrie Irving
Harden
Davis

Holy shit that is horrible :lol

StrengthAndHonor
12-27-2016, 06:51 PM
Holy shit that is horrible :lol
You cant argue the Top 7 over Harden. I cant even give Kyrie's spot to Harden, tbh since he's essentially a better player than Flopden.

benefactor
12-27-2016, 06:53 PM
:lol falling in love with a stat padder with a terrible supporting cast

12-27-2016, 06:53 PM
Why do people keep ranking Dominos over Kawhi tbh? :lol

tonight...you
12-27-2016, 06:55 PM
Why do people keep ranking Dominos over Kawhi tbh? :lol
#Flavorofthemoment

Raven
12-27-2016, 06:57 PM
lebron
leonard
durant
curry
westbrook

then it becomes questionable.

djohn2oo8
12-27-2016, 07:05 PM
You cant argue the Top 7 over Harden. I cant even give Kyrie's spot to Harden, tbh since he's essentially a better player than Flopden.

:lmao we saw what Kyrie could do by himself as the lead man in the EAST. It wasn't pretty.

StrengthAndHonor
12-27-2016, 07:13 PM
:lmao we saw what Kyrie could do by himself as the lead man in the EAST. It wasn't pretty.
Meh. It was a horrible cast and a horrible coach. We've seen him play under pressure in the Finals though and boy he delivered.

djohn2oo8
12-27-2016, 07:16 PM
Meh. It was a horrible cast and a horrible coach. We've seen him play under pressure in the Finals though and boy he delivered.

He couldn'the even make the playoffs in that shitty conference :lol

LeBron taught him how to win.

StrengthAndHonor
12-27-2016, 07:19 PM
He couldn'the even make the playoffs in that shitty conference :lol

LeBron taught him how to win.

Oh the audacity of a Harden fan. We'll bump this thread come April and see who's lauging.

djohn2oo8
12-27-2016, 07:21 PM
Oh the audacity of a Harden fan. We'll bump this thread come April and see who's lauging.

Laughing about what? It was well known Kyrie was a cancer before LeBron got there.

Clipper Nation
12-27-2016, 07:24 PM
Gotta agree with djohn here. Kyrie was a cancer and a loser before LeBron. He was even getting written off as a bust before The Return. LeBron is carrying him, plain and simple. Without the Kang, Kyrie would go down in history as a new-age Jamal Crawford.

StrengthAndHonor
12-27-2016, 07:26 PM
Laughing about what? It was well known Kyrie was a cancer before LeBron got there.
It's incredibly arrogant to laugh at Irving when Harden has continually demonstrated that he's a choke artist in the post season. That was my point.

djohn2oo8
12-27-2016, 07:27 PM
It's incredibly arrogant to laugh at Irving when Harden has continually demonstrated that he's a choke artist in the post season. That was my point.

Harden has choked in the playoffs sure. Kyrie could never even get his teams there in a weaker conference.

Clipper Nation
12-27-2016, 07:28 PM
Kyrie would have never sniffed the postseason at all without LeGOAT.

StrengthAndHonor
12-27-2016, 07:38 PM
Harden has choked in the playoffs sure. Kyrie could never even get his teams there in a weaker conference.
Thank you for acknowledging it. Harden has always been a big time choker in the post season and expect the trend to continue this season.

StrengthAndHonor
12-27-2016, 07:44 PM

And be honest here, did people really expect the Cavs to reach the playoffs frm 2012-2014? Have you seen the roster? HAHAHA.

Clipper Nation
12-27-2016, 07:50 PM
And be honest here, did people really expect the Cavs to reach the playoffs frm 2012-2014? Have you seen the roster? HAHAHA.
Kyrie was just one of many scrubs on that roster.

apalisoc_9
12-27-2016, 08:37 PM
Lebron is the best player in the world until proven otherwise. Niggas gotta stop with these BS. :lol

SAGirl
12-27-2016, 09:46 PM
many Pacers fans are starting to hate on him..He is playing like he wants out of there..totally lazy and disengaged..Just watch this sequence of him getting beaten to a rebound by Rondo three times...You could tell someone is going through the motions...

jeeeezus!
Good find..

djohn2oo8
12-27-2016, 10:03 PM
Thank you for acknowledging it. Harden has always been a big time choker in the post season and expect the trend to continue this season.

You must admit the same for Paul.

Kawhitstorm
12-27-2016, 10:58 PM

Cats are overrating Curry b/c of his fluky '15-'16 season & George is being ranked top 10 b/c of name recognition.:lol

Harden/WestBrick are the top 2 PGs & Giannis has been MUCH better than George.

Kawhitstorm
12-27-2016, 11:01 PM
Should we start questioning Anthony Davis inability to translate his big numbers into wins and carry the Pelicans to the POs? the Kings roster isn't much better but Cousins is putting them on his back and will probably make it this year..

Cousins is a MUCH BETTER passer & is unstoppable 1-on-1. Davis can be contained by a mobile big especially when his legs are gone in the 4th quarter.

Kawhitstorm
12-27-2016, 11:03 PM

Reminds me of Vince Carter when he wanted out of Toronto & basically quit (he admitted it a while ago).

Paul George: Pacers don't get calls, are like NBA's 'little brother': http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18355713/paul-george-indiana-pacers-laments-lack-foul-calls

StrengthAndHonor
12-28-2016, 01:02 AM
You must admit the same for Paul.
Paul had his share of failure in the playoffs but YOU cannot be serious putting him on Harden's level. :lol

In the 5 year period lasting 2012-2016, CP3 is 12th in clutch PP36, shoots well above the league average of 53.1 TS% in the clutch by scoring at a 57.3% clip, averages less turnovers than any of the 11 players above him in PP36 (aside from Anthony Davis) and averages more assists than anybody above him too. His crunch time stats are absolutely brilliant.

Harden not only scores less but his efficiency takes a major hit in the postseason.

The Third Man
12-28-2016, 01:38 AM
Paul had his share of failure in the playoffs but YOU cannot be serious putting him on Harden's level. :lol

In the 5 year period lasting 2012-2016, CP3 is 12th in clutch PP36, shoots well above the league average of 53.1 TS% in the clutch by scoring at a 57.3% clip, averages less turnovers than any of the 11 players above him in PP36 (aside from Anthony Davis) and averages more assists than anybody above him too. His crunch time stats are absolutely brilliant.

Harden not only scores less but his efficiency takes a major hit in the postseason.

The Clippers would trade anybody on the roster for James Harden. You know it. I know it.

sook
12-28-2016, 01:50 AM
I'm not a fan of Harden's by any stretch as my posts have shown in the past few years, but CP3 is one of the biggest playoff chokers in recent memory :lol

I grew up watching him, and like T-mac found excuses as to why he has never made it past the second round...but at the end of the day it falls on him.

Harden with his ugly ass game and fluky moments still has those moments where I'm like "i could see him on a championship team" . My mind tells me no shortly after but like I said, he is easily a top 5 player in this league...that is pretty hard to argue with at this point.

Kawhitstorm
12-28-2016, 03:46 AM

Choke-P has the best season of his career in '08-'09 & absolutely got destroyed by Billups including in a record breaking blowout where the Hornets lost by 58.:lol

-NcVt11Hk6U

djohn2oo8
12-28-2016, 08:04 AM

And not one WCF appearance. That actually makes my point even more about Paul.

apalisoc_9
12-28-2016, 10:23 AM
Harden was on bench when the rockets made their WCF run. :lol

Paul is a choker but he has been one of the most consistent player in like 8 years now.

Kawhitstorm
12-28-2016, 01:37 PM

Paul is a choker but he has been one of the most consistent player in like 8 years now.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder780/500x/31140780.jpg

djohn2oo8
12-28-2016, 01:48 PM

When they made their WCF? Hmm it seems like Harden was on the floor during the first round to get it to the second round. It also seems like he did well in game 5 to get it to a game 6, and close it out in game 7. In which, he carried them to the 2nd seed so they had that opportunity to close it out at HOME.

apalisoc_9
12-28-2016, 01:57 PM
When you're on the bench when your team is making a historic 4th quarter comeback..Yiu have no room to called a top 7 player in the league.

We already Know Paul has been a top 7 player in the league for like 5 years already..

Kawhitstorm
12-28-2016, 05:01 PM
When you're on the bench when your team is making a historic 4th quarter comeback.

As if Choke-P being on the floor while getting cucked by Prigioni/JET being any better.:lmao

You know who else got carried by the bench in a "historic 4th quarter comeback" on a bigger stage?

irXI5xtGXag

Harden came back in Gm 7 & dominated while Choke-P was in a fetal position:

k3h2FVHBGck

StrengthAndHonor
12-28-2016, 05:48 PM
As if Choke-P being on the floor while getting cucked by Prigioni/JET being any better.:lmao

You know who else got carried by the bench in a "historic 4th quarter comeback" on a bigger stage?

irXI5xtGXag

k3h2FVHBGck

You should stop posting with these ridiculous and empty rhetoric.

StrengthAndHonor
12-28-2016, 05:49 PM
When you're on the bench when your team is making a historic 4th quarter comeback..Yiu have no room to called a top 7 player in the league.

We already Know Paul has been a top 7 player in the league for like 5 years already..
Thank you

Harden were saved by Josh Smith and Jason Terry. Say no more.

djohn2oo8
12-28-2016, 06:28 PM
Thank you

Harden were saved by Josh Smith and Jason Terry. Say no more.

And Chris Paul got his doo doo hole wrecked by the dead bodies of Pablo and Terry. Say no more.

djohn2oo8
12-28-2016, 06:29 PM

irXI5xtGXag

k3h2FVHBGck

This.

djohn2oo8
12-28-2016, 06:31 PM
When you're on the bench when your team is making a historic 4th quarter comeback..Yiu have no room to called a top 7 player in the league.We already Know Paul has been a top 7 player in the league for like 5 years already..Who pushed the series to game 6? Who won game 7? Paul couldnt stop Prigs and Terry :lol . Not only that, he could barely score on them.

Kawhitstorm
12-28-2016, 09:14 PM
You should stop posting with these ridiculous and empty rhetoric.

You should stop posting about Choke-P's empty postseason resume.:wakeup

spursistan
12-30-2016, 01:26 AM
Reminds me of Vince Carter when he wanted out of Toronto & basically quit (he admitted it a while ago).

He'll be a Laker/Clipper by next year (2018) trade deadline, I'm calling it...

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 01:57 AM

Indy needs as many wing players as possible so I don't think the Blake/George trade makes sense especially since Thad Young is already on the roster. I could see the Lakers selling high on Ingram/D'Bust along w/ swapping Deng/Monta (Lakers could trade Lou for a 1st rd pick): http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hhlpxvo

DAF86
12-30-2016, 01:10 PM

I would gladly take him on the Spurs.

A starting caliber point guard
Green
Kawhi
George
Dedmon

:lobt2:

apalisoc_9
12-30-2016, 01:19 PM
I'd trade geroge to Boston for their assests and crowder...

Only way to go now if He's not really happy in Indiana.

DAF86
12-30-2016, 01:41 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jg9wa6b

Paul George, Jeff Teague, Monta Ellis and Al Jefferson for Aldridge, Parker, Gasol and a first rounder.

San Antonio gets: The best player in the trade and a starting caliber PG.

Indiana gets: To shake things up, an all-star level PF, a first rounder and the chance to get rid of two awful contracts like Montas and Jeffersons.

I know this shit has no chance of happening, but how do you feel about this trade for the Spurs?

Clipper Nation
12-30-2016, 01:53 PM

Paul George + Blake - Choke Paul = rings. :hungry:

If nothing else, it would be cool to have a local product who grew up rooting for the Clippers as one of the faces of the franchise. Plus, it would correct Olshey's idiotic mistake from the 2010 draft.

Joseph Kony
12-30-2016, 02:47 PM
I would gladly take him on the Spurs.

A starting caliber point guard
Green
Kawhi
George
Dedmon

:lobt2:george can't play the 4...he got assraped by Taj Gibson recently when they tried to run him at the 4 iirc :lol

DAF86
12-30-2016, 02:51 PM
george can't play the 4...he got assraped by Taj Gibson recently when they tried to run him at the 4 iirc :lol

Play Kawhi at the 4 then. The fuck do I care about Taj fucking Gibson? :lol All I care about is the Warriors, tbh.

Joseph Kony
12-30-2016, 02:53 PM
Play Kawhi at the 4 then. The fuck do I care about Taj fucking Gibson? :lol All I care about is the Warriors, tbh.spurfan has been saying this for the last 2 seasons and never even made it that far...:lmao got work to do before then, and spurs won't make it with no PF

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 03:22 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jg9wa6b

Paul George, Jeff Teague, Monta Ellis and Al Jefferson for Aldridge, Parker, Gasol and a first rounder.

San Antonio gets: The best player in the trade and a starting caliber PG.

Indiana gets: To shake things up, an all-star level PF, a first rounder and the chance to get rid of two awful contracts like Montas and Jeffersons.

I know this shit has no chance of happening, but how do you feel about this trade for the Spurs?

Try harder, Pacers want to play FASTER so they are going to trade for Softridge/GaSoft & have Porker run the show.:lmao

Even if PATFO wanted to dump Porker there in no way in hell the Pacers are agreeing to trade George for two TOSB players & a redundant player in Softridge when they have Miles Turner on the roster. The Spurs 1st rd pick also has as much value as a 2nd rd pick.

If we are just looking at it from a Spurs homer perspective then PATFO can move Danny for Ibaka who can be paired w/ Big Al (still can get buckets in his sleep). As far as the bench, Monta can have the ball in his hands running PnRs w/ Lee while Patty/Manu play off the ball.

DAF86
02-06-2017, 01:45 PM
1-Lebron
2-Curry
3-Durant
4-Kawhi
5-Harden
6-Westbrook
7-Cousins
8-Davis
9-CP3
10-George

*Davis and Cousins are exchangeable, tbh.
*Warriors have proven to be better with Curry as the number one option over Durant.
*Anteoverrated not here untill he learns to shoot or his team gets above .500.
*Blake not here untill he proves he can win without CPAlpha (Clippers are 1-4 since he returned :lmao).

lefty
02-06-2017, 01:49 PM
1. Gordon Hayward

2. the rest

spurraider21
02-06-2017, 04:30 PM
1. Gordon Hayward

2. the rest
:wow

Gobert would be Francisco Elson without GOD Hayward

lilbthebasedgod
02-07-2017, 09:17 PM
1. Lebron
2. Giannis
3. Harden
4. Westbrook
5. Durant
6. Cousins
7. Curry
8. Kawhi
9. Davis
10. Isaiah Thomas

spursistan
02-16-2017, 11:57 AM
All Star Break update:

1- Lebron
2- Durant
3- Kawhi
4- Curry
5- Harden
6- Westbrook
7- CP3
8- Davis
9- Cousins
10- Butler

* Ranking is based on current ability/level (85%) and reputation/track record (15%)..For instance, I think Kawhi and KD are more less playing at the same level but i should still give slight edge to Dominoes because he's done it for longer whereas this is the first season Leonard playing at this top elite especially offensively (Durbeta is in better situation than KL it should be noted)..

DAF86
02-16-2017, 12:37 PM
Curry is the most difficult guy to rank for me. He has looked very mortal in big stretches of this season, but when he's on he's as dominant as Lebron. A case could be made for him to be ranked anywhere between 1b and 8.

PopTheGOAT
02-16-2017, 05:04 PM
1. Lebron
2. Kawhi
3. Durant
4. Curry
5. Harden
6. Westbrook
7. Cousins
8. Davis
9. CP3
10. Antetokounmpo

I just can't put Durant ahead of Kawhi. Every time I've seen them match up, whether that was against the Thunder or the Dubs, Kawhi has looked like the best player on the floor 90% of the time.

spursistan
02-27-2017, 10:16 PM
:lol if this nigga is still in your Top 10...836410967739219969

spursistan
03-09-2017, 01:22 AM
All Star Break update:

1- Lebron
2- Durant
3- Kawhi
4- Curry
5- Harden
6- Westbrook
7- CP3
8- Davis
9- Cousins
10- Butler

* Ranking is based on current ability/level (85%) and reputation/track record (15%)..For instance, I think Kawhi and KD are more less playing at the same level but i should still give slight edge to Dominoes because he's done it for longer whereas this is the first season Leonard playing at this top elite especially offensively (Durbeta is in better situation than KL it should be noted)..

I'll give Curry these playoffs before bumping him out of my Top 5....Two MVP seasons should earn him the benefit of doubt, but his drop off this season has been alarming..

apalisoc_9
03-09-2017, 01:42 AM
Yeah, silly to knock off curry after argubly one of the top 5 regular season performance ever.

Lebron
Kawhi
Curry
Durant
Harden
Westbrook
Cp3
Davis
cousins
Butler-wall

Pelicans78
03-09-2017, 06:39 AM
LOL at Davis and Cousins being top 10 players in this league.

03-09-2017, 07:50 AM
^:lol today's NBA

TDMVPDPOY
03-09-2017, 08:19 AM
i dunno how curry is top 5 base on this year performance only, u only putting him that high base on reputation

his not dominating or influence any game this year...u bump him down below wb...imo....

as for kd, that guy should be lower, his playing on a stack team with 2 efficient sharpshooters who need constant defense attention, which leaves him free for open jumpers...pick ur poison either have the other 2 light u up or have kd light u up when ur team has a crap perimeter defense lineup

I put kawhi no.1

lebon lol how much more excuses does this clown need, has the same roster, highest payroll team, begging for mercs to join him ... this clown is pathetic

Phillip
03-09-2017, 02:57 PM
I'll give Curry these playoffs before bumping him out of my Top 5....Two MVP seasons should earn him the benefit of doubt, but his drop off this season has been alarming..

alarming? thats a stretch

hes down a bit, but still putting up 25/6/4 on 46%/40%/91%. for that to be a down year (which pretty much all superstars in history have on occasion) thats pretty incredible.

last year was just such an absurdly good year that observers got spoiled. dude is still an incredible player and is still probably the second most feared player in the league aside from lebron

spurfans mad that while kawhi has been quite good, no one truly fears him. he simply isn't worthy of that level of fear :lmao

lefty
03-09-2017, 06:18 PM
Lebron
Kawhi
Hayward

Arcadian
03-10-2017, 02:24 PM
LOL at Davis and Cousins being top 10 players in this league.

They actually are. It just doesn't necessarily work out when you put them together on a team with a bunch of shitty backcourt players. Sorry about that.

spursistan
03-27-2017, 10:23 PM

Really good listen outside Curry fanboy Nate Duncan having him as 2nd best player in the world..

apalisoc_9
03-27-2017, 10:27 PM

Really good listen other than Curry fanboy Nate Duncan having him as 2nd best player in the world..

After listening to the homo RJ, I think I am going to stick to listening fun podcast for now. These are nice but boring as the season progress.

Hopefully, RJ and Frye release another one.

FkLA
03-27-2017, 10:33 PM
spurfans mad that while kawhi has been quite good, no one truly fears him. he simply isn't worthy of that level of fear :lmao

Is he better than Shane Battier/Tony Allen though?

DAF86
03-27-2017, 11:44 PM

I'm pretty sure Lebron fears/respects/least prefers going against, choose whatever you want, Kawhi the most, compared to any other player in the league, tbh.

DAF86
03-28-2017, 01:08 AM
1n-0T10LPZ4

Lebron, literally, didn't score a single basket on Kawhi. It was all switches, cuts to the basket or statpadding while Kawhi was out.

Phillip
03-28-2017, 11:57 AM
:lmao thinking lebron gave one crap about this game, or the rest of the season until the playoffs.

lefty
03-28-2017, 12:02 PM
:lmao thinking lebron gave one crap about this game, or the rest of the season until the playoffs.

This

Phillip
03-28-2017, 12:04 PM
1n-0T10LPZ4

Lebron, literally, didn't score a single basket on Kawhi. It was all switches, cuts to the basket or statpadding while Kawhi was out.

lol i pressed play, and skipped to a random spot at about 2:12 and immediately see lebron give a weak pump fake that kawhi bit, and halfheartedly drive to the cup right on kawhi :rolleyes

DAF86
03-28-2017, 12:24 PM
lol i pressed play, and skipped to a random spot at about 2:12 and immediately see lebron give a weak pump fake that kawhi bit, and halfheartedly drive to the cup right on kawhi :rolleyes

"Skipped to a random spot" :lmao

LkrFan
03-28-2017, 03:18 PM

Phillip
03-29-2017, 01:24 PM
"Skipped to a random spot" :lmao

lying about Kawhi not being scored on when he clearly was :lmao

DAF86
03-29-2017, 02:50 PM
lying about Kawhi not being scored on when he clearly was :lmao

Meh, one play in which Kawhi got trapped on a screen. That wasn't pure one-on-one like what Kawhi did to Lebron on the other end.

Kawhi might pretty well be the best one on one player in the NBA right now, tbh.

Phillip
03-29-2017, 09:00 PM
Meh, one play in which Kawhi got trapped on a screen.

:lmao trapped

not even close, the dude simply got beat. i don't know why its so hard to admit when an obviously superior player got the best of him. its not like its an insult to be scored on a guy who may end up being the greatest basketball player in history :rolleyes

Will Hunting
03-29-2017, 09:05 PM
What's the backstory behind the Leonard arguments? Imo he's clearly a top 5 player in the league and you could argue he's as good as anyone not named Lebron.

DAF86
03-29-2017, 09:12 PM
What's the backstory behind the Leonard arguments? Imo he's clearly a top 5 player in the league and you could argue he's as good as anyone not named Lebron.

The backstory is stretch saying Kawhi had a Tony Allen/Shane Battier type ceiling back in '12 or '13, when everybody with some kind of BB understanding knew he was going to be much more than that.

DAF86
04-28-2017, 12:55 AM
According to Pop Kawhi is the best player in the World, tbh.

endrity
05-02-2017, 08:56 AM
In both Kawhi and Curry, we have witnessed the type of growth that rarely occurs in NBA players. Neither came in with expectations of a very high ceiling, and both started off their careers in an average way, never suggesting that they could win double MVPs or be in the conversation for best player in the world. But they have both achieved that later on in their careers. It usually doesn't work like that as for most superstars you can tell after their first, and at most second season, that they are destined for utmost greatness. Especially the players that did not come straight out of high school.

I just think it's an interesting story in the everlasting debate about what talent is and how does it grow. Curry and Kawhi have both proven that hard work pays off, arguably even more than natural talent - or at the very least, that talent isn't as observable as most think it is.

Maybe that last kind of players that achieved something like this were Nash and Dirk, though Dirk already started to show by his second season that he was quite special and had to face the largest amount of adaptation. Nash really took off in his 30s.

DAF86
05-04-2017, 12:31 AM
What Kawhi is doing with his 30+pts games on about 15 shots per game is absolutely ridiculous.

It reminds me a bit of '05 Manu putting up 20+pts games on 9 shots, only way more impresive 'cause Kawhi is doing it as the focal point of the offense and, obviously, putting 10 more pts per game while maintaining that crazy efficiency.

Thomas82
05-08-2017, 12:09 AM
What Kawhi is doing with his 30+pts games on about 15 shots per game is absolutely ridiculous.

It reminds me a bit of '05 Manu putting up 20+pts games on 9 shots, only way more impresive 'cause Kawhi is doing it as the focal point of the offense and, obviously, putting 10 more pts per game while maintaining that crazy efficiency.

DAF86
06-12-2017, 11:07 PM
For next season:

1-Lebron
2-Curry (probably loses a one-on-one battle vs Kawhi and Durant, but on 5-v-5 basketball he's still more influential than them)
3-Durant
4-Kawhi

5-Harden
6-Westbrook
7-CP3
8-Davis
9-Cousins
10-Giannis

Arcadian
06-13-2017, 01:05 AM
1. Kawhi
2. Lebron
3. Durant

~everybody else

spurraider21
06-13-2017, 01:08 AM
1. LeBron
2. Kawhi
3. Curry
4. Durant
5. Giannis (projection)
6. Davis
7. Harden
8. Paul
9. Embiid (i'm sold)
10. Westbrook

Robz4000
06-13-2017, 01:13 AM
1. LeBron/Kawhi
2. Kawhi/LeBron
3. Dominos
4. Curry
5. Harden (regular season only)
6. Antetokounmpo
7. Westchimp
8. Davis/Cousins
9. Cousins/Davis
10. Wall

AlexJones
06-13-2017, 02:52 AM
1. James
2. Curry/Durant
4. Kawhi
5. JH
6. Russ
7. CP3
8. Giannis
9. Butler
10. Davis

Draymond, Klay also in top 15.

Benoit
06-13-2017, 02:55 AM
LMAO that autist is in the top 5.. for what???? he can't even play defense anymore LMAO

whitemamba
06-13-2017, 02:59 AM
1. LePass
2. Giannis
3. Slim Reaper
4. Kawhi
5. Curry
6. Westbrook
7. Davis
8. Harden
9. Wall(underrated)
10. Butler

spursistan
06-14-2017, 04:36 PM
After 2016-2017 season..

1- Lebron

2- Kawhi
3- Durant
4- Curry

5- Harden
6- Westbrook
7- CP3

8- Giannis
9- Butler
10- AD

spursistan
06-14-2017, 04:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCOV2TQXcAAEXPL.jpg
Killakobe81 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=10786) in the Finals thread acting like "KD> Kawhi" is a clear foregone conclusion :lol..Heck Leonard completely dominates him in the advanced impact metrics and was neutering him on court before the injury..And I'm not even going to touch the subject of who is playing in a 73-win team context and who is not..