PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Aldridge?

Cklbmk
11-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Would you trade Aldridge?

What if something like

Spurs give Aldridge + West
Spurs get Splitter+ KJ Daniels + Schroeder

Houston gives Ariza + Mcdaniels + Motiejunas+ pick
Houston gets Aldridge

Hawks give Splitter + Schroeder
Hawks get Ariza + Motiejunas + West + pick

Could happen?

DJR210
11-09-2015, 02:45 PM
:lol

SASdynasty!
11-09-2015, 02:46 PM
Lol, trading a guy who can score 40+ in playoff games for these scrubs. Wow, let's give this some time. Spurs talk has to have the worst takes ever.

SAGirl
11-09-2015, 02:52 PM
No. Looks like a troll thread.

SpursforSix
11-09-2015, 02:57 PM
I would trade Aldridge and Parker for Conley and ZBo.

And I like Aldridge.

JeffDuncan
11-09-2015, 02:59 PM
Let's try it this way.

Would you trade Bonner?

What if something like....

Spurs give Bonner + $5 in cash.

Sound OK?

Or, how about....

Houston gives Ariza + Mcdaniels + Motiejunas + pick
Houston gets Bonner

Or maybe....

Hawks get Ariza + Motiejunas + Bonner + pick

Could happen?

SpursforSix
11-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Let's try it this way.

Would you trade Bonner?

What if something like....

Spurs give Bonner + $5 in cash.

Sound OK?

Or, how about....

Houston gives Ariza + Mcdaniels + Motiejunas + pick
Houston gets Bonner

Or maybe....

Hawks get Ariza + Motiejunas + Bonner + pick

Could happen?

those are all good. I like the one where we get Schroeder.

Kool Bob Love
11-09-2015, 03:09 PM
Ops a Kawhi fan.

PrimeMinister
11-09-2015, 03:10 PM
Troll harder/10

Keepin' it real
11-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Exhibit A as to why the ability to start threads should be limited ...

Spurtacular
11-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Troll harder/10

SpursforSix
11-09-2015, 03:29 PM

cosigned

SASdynasty!
11-09-2015, 03:33 PM

And I like Aldridge.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha! Lol.

apalisoc_9
11-09-2015, 03:35 PM
I wouldnt trade aldridge...but if can package parker, id consonder

SpurPadre
11-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Bonner for Paul George, tbh.

Cry Havoc
11-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Lol, trading a guy who can score 40+ in playoff games for these scrubs. Wow, let's give this some time. Spurs talk has to have the worst takes ever.

You've clearly never been to lakersground or bleacherreport.

SoonerSpur512
11-09-2015, 03:58 PM
It would make the Spurs look terrible if they traded West after he took a huge paycut to play for the Spurs. Not gonna happen

cjw
11-09-2015, 04:15 PM
These are the players who could get traded this season:
- Any future first round pick
- Rights to guys in Europe, if they're even worth anything anymore
- Bonner / Simmons / Bojan / McCallum (not much value, but once again to make dollars match)
- Anderson (in right deal, but unlikely others are that high on him)
- Butler won't be traded unless his shooting can be replaced

Furthermore, you can take it as a general rule that nobody appearing in an H-E-B commercial will ever be traded. Let's close this thread and move on.

Cklbmk
11-09-2015, 04:17 PM

Lets be real. You'd be the one affected by that rule change.

daledondale
11-09-2015, 04:18 PM
OP

http://dc385.4shared.com/img/OojpYiQi/s3/128567c7a70/youre_A_fag.gif

RD2191
11-09-2015, 04:24 PM
I would. LMA is trash.

TheGreatYacht
11-09-2015, 04:26 PM
I would trade Kawhi for George Hill

Kawhitstorm
11-09-2015, 04:53 PM

What if something like

Houston gets Aldridge

Could happen?

Why in the hell would the Hawks want another undersized PF:lol

Kawhitstorm
11-09-2015, 04:54 PM

Made that Kawhi elevated his game in the postseason while George was getting outplayed by Chalmers.

DarrinS
11-09-2015, 05:35 PM

That's because you're a mental midget

Mikeanaro
11-09-2015, 05:37 PM
:rolleyes

TheGreatYacht
11-09-2015, 05:40 PM
That's because you're a mental midget
Did someone forget to take their medicine, darrin?

DMC
11-09-2015, 05:42 PM
I'd trade Tony for a pound of rag boloney and half a loaf of bread, as long as Tony didn't see it before I got to it.

kawhidoyoudothistome
11-09-2015, 05:53 PM
Boban for KAT!

ducks
11-09-2015, 07:06 PM
I wouldnt trade aldridge...but if can package parker, id consonder

what about lma ,parker, leonard

random21
11-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Seriously??????

GB20
11-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Come on man! We are fucking spoiled.

Mr. Body
11-09-2015, 07:32 PM
I'd hold out for shittier players.

TD 21
11-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Obviously not, but this is why it's a win-win when you sign a player of his magnitude. Even in a worst case scenario, where he ends up wanting out, he'd have excellent trade value and as a player not primarily reliant on athleticism, that shouldn't change much over the length of his contract (barring a career altering injury, of course).

Russ
11-09-2015, 07:52 PM
I would assume he's got a no-trade clause. :rolleyes

BD24
11-09-2015, 08:17 PM
:toast

Spurtacular would trade him for Jimmer though.

BillMc
11-09-2015, 09:25 PM
It only took 6 games for someone to ask this. :lol I am sure OP meant it as completely hypothetical and just for good discussion, but its still funny how quickly we all are to move onto other options.

Dex
11-09-2015, 09:28 PM
It only took 6 games for someone to ask this. :lol I am sure OP meant it as completely hypothetical and just for good discussion, but its still funny how quickly we all are to move onto other options.

I assumed this thread was just a litmus test for who is mentally challenged around here.

milkyway21
11-09-2015, 09:40 PM

What if something like

Houston gets Aldridge

Could happen?

OMG !

what is happenng with this site
help!
:cry :depressed:

DAF86
11-09-2015, 10:21 PM
If we are just going to have him there running from one side of the court to the other without calling any plays for him, sure why not? We're not using him anyways.

Ice009
11-09-2015, 10:26 PM

What if something like

Houston gets Aldridge

Could happen?

You #$%^@#$%.

I'd prefer to trade 95% of the posters on this message board.

Can anyone recommend me any other Spurs messages boards? I originally came here because this place wasn't censored, and there was also some great posters here, but I've almost had enough of the constant garbage threads and posters. 95% of the people here shouldn't even be starting threads.

Johnny RIngo
11-09-2015, 10:37 PM
I'd trade Enrique for Mario Chalmers. At least Super Mario knows how to close a Finals series. Dude shat all over poor Tony in games 6 and 7 of the 2013 Finals.

Sean Cagney
11-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Would I trade him? For the right piece yes. Would the FO trade him is the reality though and no they would not.
I'd trade Enrique for Mario Chalmers. At least Super Mario knows how to close a Finals series. Dude shat all over poor Tony in games 6 and 7 of the 2013 Finals.

Gary Neal got shat on too, on several damn plays.

Johnsyounger
11-09-2015, 11:48 PM
Cant trade Bonner, he's got as many rings as the King.

Ice009
11-10-2015, 12:34 AM
Would I trade him? For the right piece yes. Would the FO trade him is the reality though and no they would not.

Is that in reference to TP or LA?

milkyway21
11-10-2015, 12:38 AM
You #$%^@#$%.

Can anyone recommend me any other Spurs messages boards? I originally came here because this place wasn't censored, and there was also some great posters here, but I've almost had enough of the constant garbage threads and posters. 95% of the people here shouldn't even be starting threads.

:clap:

spurtech09
11-10-2015, 02:05 AM
TROLL FAIL-1

DMC
11-10-2015, 02:06 AM
You #$%^@#$%.

95% of the people here are actually 10% of the people here.

illusioNtEk
11-10-2015, 02:40 AM

Splits
11-10-2015, 02:46 AM
I was pretty confused watching the Pacers game today.

We gave up Paul George, George Hill, Solomon Hill, and Jordan Hill for Kiwi Leotard?

SMH.

james evans
11-10-2015, 03:26 AM

And I like Aldridge.
you'd trade aldridge for zbo. ok...

midnightpulp
11-10-2015, 07:49 AM
LMA is a perfect fit. Those enamored with the "beautiful game," probably don't see it, and rigidly focus on ball movement and pace rather than the total picture.

Kawhi wouldn't average 23 points per on 53% shooting if that was Tiago Splitter instead. Watch how LMA's floor positioning (which teams have to respect) creates much wider lanes for Leonard to slip through for easy pull up jumpers and drives. Already, the amount of shots Kawhi takes from 3-10 feet is the highest it's ever been as well as his shooting percentage from that distance. Too bad Tony wasn't the penetrator he used to be, or the SL lineup would be even more lethal. Hell, even Tony is having his highest shooting percentage in 10 years. The starters are actually very efficient offensively outside of Danny Green's slump. If he gets going, no SL outside of Golden State will be able to hang with this bunch, even with Tony being a hindrance (I'm actually pleased with his play on the offensive end this year. Overdribbling still remains a problem, but it's not a big problem considering the SL excels in slower paced, half court game).

Small sample size, indeed, but you can easily see the improvements LMA brings over Splitter. He's also underrated defensively.

hater
11-10-2015, 07:54 AM

:lmao

hater
11-10-2015, 07:54 AM
TROLL FAIL-1

dbreiden83080
11-10-2015, 10:04 AM
Already.. :lol

SpursforSix
11-10-2015, 10:55 AM

not straight up. Aldridge is the better player of all 4 of that trade. But if it meant upgrading at PG and getting rid of Parker's salary. Yes, Parker and Aldridge for Conley and Zbo.
I think it clearly makes them better.

Chinook
11-10-2015, 11:15 AM
I would assume he's got a no-trade clause. :rolleyes

You'd assume incorrectly. LMA could have gotten one re-signing with Portland, but you need four years tenure with a team in addition to having eight total years in the league before you can get that. As far as I know, no one on the team has one right now, though a few have Bird exceptions.

Come 12/15, the team can trade LMA against his will. However, it's obviously unlikely and probably foolish.

Ice009
11-10-2015, 11:27 AM
There is no way that I would trade him. Spurs have tried numerous times since 2003 to get a big name free agent in his prime and he was one of the only ones willing to take on the challenge, so I am very grateful that he decided to sign here. The only way I'd even consider it is if he were to ask for one.

el contusione
11-10-2015, 11:35 AM
Come on Man!!!!!

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
11-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Doesn't he have a no trade clause I thought at least for the first couple of years. I might be wrong. Either way, NO. LMA looked better yesterday.

Remember guys, it takes about a year for even veterans to get the Spurs system. People like Horry, Finley and Barry all said it is very difficult to learn. Remember when all 3 year look lost for the most part their first year with the Spurs.

Guys, have some patience.

DrunkTXLabrat
11-10-2015, 01:41 PM
If the Spurs worked the Cavs over for Tristan Thompson, a 1st, and cap filler like Delladova or Shumpert... they'd be a lock to topple the Warriors ascension.

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2015, 01:50 PM
If the Spurs worked the Cavs over for Tristan Thompson, a 1st, and cap filler like Delladova or Shumpert... they'd be a lock to topple the Warriors ascension.

:lol yes, the Spurs need more guys that can't shoot or create..

Sean Cagney
11-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Is that in reference to TP or LA?

You would trade anyone but Tim for the right piece IMO, meaning you get an upgrade. I would trade TP for the right piece and LA but you know nobody is going to offer fair market value for them.

Chinook
11-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Doesn't he have a no trade clause I thought at least for the first couple of years.

No. You're the second person who's suggested that. I don't know where that misconception is coming from. LMA is like every other normal free agent. After December 15, he's completely tradeable.

td4mvp2k
11-10-2015, 02:34 PM
I wouldnt trade aldridge...but if can package parker, id consonderbefore TDL please

SpursforSix
11-10-2015, 02:58 PM
You would trade anyone but Tim for the right piece IMO, meaning you get an upgrade. I would trade TP for the right piece and LA but you know nobody is going to offer fair market value for them.

nobody is going to offer fair market value for Tony? what do you think that would be?

SAGirl
11-10-2015, 04:13 PM
You'd assume incorrectly. LMA could have gotten one re-signing with Portland, but you need four years tenure with a team in addition to having eight total years in the league before you can get that. As far as I know, no one on the team has one right now, though a few have Bird exceptions.

Come 12/15, the team can trade LMA against his will. However, it's obviously unlikely and probably foolish.
He could have a trade kicker of 15% or something like that. I am not sure if I read that somewhere at this point.

SpursforSix
11-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Nothing wrong with LMA anyway. Trading him would be like getting rid of your car engine because the steering wheel is too old and slow and hogs the ball.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-10-2015, 04:19 PM
I'd hold out for shittier players.

This thread is full of fail. Bad troll job, or just plain dumbass.

Chinook
11-10-2015, 05:08 PM
He could have a trade kicker of 15% or something like that. I am not sure if I read that somewhere at this point.

I would assume so. However, if the Spurs trade him this year, then they don't have to pay him a kicker, as he's already making the max. Next year and on, though, a kicker would come into play.

dbestpro
11-10-2015, 06:01 PM
No.

Ice009
11-10-2015, 06:31 PM
I would assume so. However, if the Spurs trade him this year, then they don't have to pay him a kicker, as he's already making the max. Next year and on, though, a kicker would come into play.

What is a trade kicker?

Chinook
11-10-2015, 06:39 PM
What is a trade kicker?

It's an increase in salary a player gets if he's traded (something that can get negotiated into contracts). So if a player is making $10 Million during the first year of a flat $40M/4 deal (like Green's) and has a 15-percent kicker, he'd get his salary bumped up to $11.5 Million and essentially change his deal to $46M/4. If he got traded in Year Two, he'd get the same annual increase but only get $44.5 Million over four years. And so on.

However, a player can't make over their individual max no matter what, so if Aldridge has a kicker in his contract and is traded this season, he couldn't get an increase to his salary. However, the rule for kickers is that they are flat, so whatever you get in the first year, you get each year for the rest of the contract. So because LMA can't get more this season, he wouldn't get ANY increase to his contract. However, his max will skyrocket next season, so if he's traded then, he would see the full benefit of his kicker.

G-Dawgg
11-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Not a chance.

Canyonero
11-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Gay thread

Cklbmk
11-11-2015, 01:48 AM
95% of the people here are actually 10% of the people here.

Why does everyone always think im someones alt lol

DrunkTXLabrat
11-11-2015, 01:53 AM
:lol yes, the Spurs need more guys that can't shoot or create..

put Thompson on the Spurs instead of LMA and you'll get second chance buckets, fast breaks, and alley's. a 1st and Delladova/Shumpert is icing on the cake. Lma is a black hole, sucking all the matter the Spurs can muster. Lillard is about to give the Spurs a good taste of what happens when you ditch a black hole for raw young talent.

Sean Cagney
11-11-2015, 03:24 AM
nobody is going to offer fair market value for Tony? what do you think that would be?

A late round draft pick at this point and that does not make the Spurs better now. Patty is great but not a starting NBA pg so who are they left with??? At this point u wont get jack for Tony.

Sean Cagney
11-11-2015, 03:26 AM
put Thompson on the Spurs instead of LMA and you'll get second chance buckets, fast breaks, and alley's. a 1st and Delladova/Shumpert is icing on the cake. Lma is a black hole, sucking all the matter the Spurs can muster. Lillard is about to give the Spurs a good taste of what happens when you ditch a black hole for raw young talent.
You really are as your name says a drunk lab rat.

aal04
11-11-2015, 06:18 AM
Id consider trading LMA for the rights to the OPs account so he cant post anymore.

DMC
11-11-2015, 09:55 AM
Why does everyone always think im someones alt lol
No one is that stupid naturally.

SpursforSix
11-11-2015, 12:00 PM
A late round draft pick at this point and that does not make the Spurs better now. Patty is great but not a starting NBA pg so who are they left with??? At this point u wont get jack for Tony.

that makes sense. So it's not really fair market value we're looking at. But just his current value to the Spurs. I agree with that.

MultiTroll
11-11-2015, 02:04 PM
I know thread is just speculation / kidding but for the sake of talk between games.....

If New York offered 7'3" looks great Euro + ????
I've only caught our game vs NY plus some highlights but dude looks like perennial All Star potential.

cjw
11-11-2015, 06:42 PM
I know thread is just speculation / kidding but for the sake of talk between games.....

If New York offered 7'3" looks great Euro + ????
I've only caught our game vs NY plus some highlights but dude looks like perennial All Star potential.

He's looking very good. Crashes boards and defends - great for a 20 year old. So much for Knick fans wanting to run Phil out of town.

Just to play along like you are, you'd also pick up $10+ million in cap space for next year. Always overlooked in these deals is the opportunity cost of the cap space.

Jrue Holiday not only came at a cost of Noel and a first, but his $9.9mm cap hit last year was $4mm more than Noel and Elfrid Payton cost last year ($5.8mm - not to mention Sixers delayed that cap charge even further by trading for Saric = able to trade for more dead money / collect assets).

tholdren
11-11-2015, 07:02 PM
No

What if something like

Houston gets Aldridge

Could happen?

Russo21
11-12-2015, 08:59 AM
Aldridge will retire a Spur and hopefully have his number retired along with a few extra championship banners. I love him and his game and he is here for the long haul. Go LMA! 6 or 7 games into your Spurs tenure you are already the second best big Duncan has played alongside, and that other dude was the Admiral. Spur til retirement hopefully :)

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
11-12-2015, 09:08 AM
No. You're the second person who's suggested that. I don't know where that misconception is coming from. LMA is like every other normal free agent. After December 15, he's completely tradeable.

As I said, I might be wrong. But I thought I read an article saying he had one for the first year or so. Might have been another player.

Chinook
11-12-2015, 09:46 AM
As I said, I might be wrong. But I thought I read an article saying he had one for the first year or so. Might have been another player.

Only people who have temporary NT clauses are players like Manu, Tim and Bonner who are on one-year or one-and-one deals and who have been with their current team for at least a year (Lebron is another example), and Kanter, who has an NT clause for this year because the Thunder matched an offer sheet. Everyone else either has a permanent one (like Melo and Kobe) or don't have one at all (like LMA and Kawhi).