PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Is Mitch Kupchak the worst GM in the league?

11-11-2015, 04:57 PM
-Bringing in Nash and Dwight

-Letting Dwight walk for nothing
http://www.lakersnation.com/clippers-plan-to-offer-blake-griffin-eric-bledsoe-for-dwight-howard/2013/06/15/
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2013/6/15/4433952/dwight-howard-blake-griffin-eric-bledsoe-lakers-rumors-2013-sign-and-trade

-Letting promising young players go like Bazemore, Ed Davis, etc

-signing Boozer, Lin, resigning Swaggy P, etc

-Had plenty of cap space, and a couple lottery picks, and they somehow get worse every year

Raven
11-11-2015, 04:59 PM
top 3 for sure.

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2015, 05:00 PM
Not even close IMO..

Can't blame him when the Buss kids and Kobe have been running the organization, tbh..he's making moves for a franchise that isn't actually trying to win games, obviously..

Robz4000
11-11-2015, 05:00 PM
:lol Bazemore
:lol Ed Davis
:lol "promising young players"

11-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Not even close IMO..

Can't blame him when the Buss kids and Kobe have been running the organization, tbh..he's making moves for a franchise that isn't actually trying to win games, obviously..
He couldve moved Dwight for Bledsoe and Blake Griffin. He wasted Kobe's amazing tank job two years in a row. He turned down Phil for Pringles too iirc. Definitely top 5 at least.

11-11-2015, 05:04 PM
:lol Bazemore
:lol Ed Davis
:lol "promising young players":lol better than Lin and Boozer

djohn2oo8
11-11-2015, 05:07 PM
He couldve moved Dwight for Bledsoe and Blake Griffin. He wasted Kobe's amazing tank job two years in a row. He turned down Phil for Pringles too iirc. Definitely top 5 at least.

Fredo Buss fired all the scouts, including Ronnie Lester, the one who scouted Andrew Bynum. I'm Mitch would have traded Dwight, but Laker ownership was too arrogant that Dwight would never walk.

Robz4000
11-11-2015, 05:07 PM
:lol better than Lin and Boozer

That's comparing trash to dog shit tbh.

ElNono
11-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Ranadive is the worst, tbh... I know he's not the GM but the president, but you might aswell call him the GM since he's involved in every fuckup

spurraider21
11-11-2015, 05:13 PM
Ranadive is the worst, tbh... I know he's not the GM but the president, but you might aswell call him the GM since he's involved in every fuckup
stauskas?

whitemamba
11-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Fredo Buss fired all the scouts, including Ronnie Lester, the one who scouted Andrew Bynum. I'm Mitch would have traded Dwight, but Laker ownership was too arrogant that Dwight would never walk.

Djohn

TheGreatYacht
11-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Divac

Bynumite
11-11-2015, 06:03 PM
Nash fell apart without Phoenix's medical staff but how's bringing in Dwight in 2012 a bad GM move? Then, Lakers let Dwight walk because they thought the Laker brand and the city would be enough to make him stay. Yeah, that was arrogant i'll admit.

"Promising young players Bazemore and Ed Davis." C'mon now :lol

Russell has been trash so far but i'm not gonna call him a bust after 6 pro games. As the 7th pick, Randle was basically next in line, Lakers had to take him. Clarkson was a good pick at 46th.

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2015, 06:16 PM

Again, you're just assuming Kupchak has the most power in the organization and makes final decisions, which seems completely false from what we have heard about Buss Jr. and what we know about Kobe:lol..

You could also nitpick the moves of all NBA GMs, as well, minus like 8 or 9 of them..Billy King and Sacramento's front office are by far the worst.. Charlotte's front office, Chris Wallace and Tom Rivers are worse than Kupchak..I don't see why GarPax, Donnie Nelson, Larry Bird, Dell Demps, the Suns front office or Ernie Grunfeld are better, either..

11-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Again, you're just assuming Kupchak has the most power in the organization and makes final decisions, which seems completely false from what we have heard about Buss Jr. and what we know about Kobe:lol..

You could also nitpick the moves of all NBA GMs, as well, minus like 8 or 9 of them..Billy King and Sacramento's front office are by far the worst.. Charlotte's front office, Chris Wallace and Tom Rivers are worse than Kupchak..I don't see why GarPax, Donnie Nelson, Larry Bird, Dell Demps, the Suns front office or Ernie Grunfeld are better, either..

True, I suppose the league is riddled with awful management.

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2015, 06:28 PM
^ Ya, I'm not saying Kupchak is good or anything, but the NBA is full of terrible coaches and front offices..they're virtually all genetic lottery winners, unfortunately..

11-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Nash fell apart without Phoenix's medical staff but how's bringing in Dwight in 2012 a bad GM move? Then, Lakers let Dwight walk because they thought the Laker brand and the city would be enough to make him stay. Yeah, that was arrogant i'll admit.

"Promising young players Bazemore and Ed Davis." C'mon now :lol

Russell has been trash so far but i'm not gonna call him a bust after 6 pro games. As the 7th pick, Randle was basically next in line, Lakers had to take him. Clarkson was a good pick at 46th.

Fair enough.

DMC
11-11-2015, 07:08 PM
They knew they were paying Kobe half the cap. After that they wanted to free up money to tank for 5 years with shit players, hoping to get a gem. Of course they'd trade it for something stupid like Westbrook.