PDA

View Full Version : Just had the best Hamburger ever.

illusioNtEk
11-12-2015, 12:06 AM
Charlie Brown's Neighborhood Bar & Grill

11888 Starcrest Dr Ste 101
San Antonio, TX 78247
210-496-7092

Classic Hamburger (Half a Pound Patty)
add bacon
add cheese

You will not be disappointed.

DJR210
11-12-2015, 01:02 AM
Let me guess.. You work there too?

Reck
11-12-2015, 01:15 AM
Let me guess.. You work there too?

:lol

Probably giving DMC a run for his fatass.

Chris
11-12-2015, 01:29 AM
Just go to Chris Madrids tbh

Biernutz
11-12-2015, 05:12 AM
Chester's at Hollywood Park San Antionio

mrsmaalox
11-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Chester's at Hollywood Park San Antionio

My favorite location but I haven't been in a long time. The best burger I've had in quite a while was last week at The Antler Café on Hwy 46 near Spring Branch. They have about 10 things on the menu, and the burger is about the only non-chicken fried item lol

Cry Havoc
11-12-2015, 10:29 AM
http://ollie.neglerio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/the-counter-burger-del-mar-14.jpg

Game/set/match.

The Counter is a fucking phenom for burgers. Pricey (2/3rd pound bison is $15) but dominant. They know how to make a medium-rare burger actually medium-rare.

Xevious
11-12-2015, 10:30 AM
My favorite location but I haven't been in a long time. The best burger I've had in quite a while was last week at The Antler Café on Hwy 46 near Spring Branch. They have about 10 things on the menu, and the burger is about the only non-chicken fried item lol
They have awesome chicken fried steak. :lol

Will have to try the burger next time I go though.

baseline bum
11-12-2015, 10:41 AM
http://ollie.neglerio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/the-counter-burger-del-mar-14.jpg

Game/set/match.

The Counter is a fucking phenom for burgers. Pricey (2/3rd pound bison is $15) but dominant. They know how to make a medium-rare burger actually medium-rare.

I always found The Counter to be overrated as hell. It's a decent burger but I never found them anything to write home about, and I'd take Chris Madrid's Macho Cheddar Cheezy in a second over any burger I have had at The Counter for double the price. Or I'd rather have a Kingburger at Fatburger if I'm in Cali. The Counter reminds me of the Chipotle of burgers tbh.

Cry Havoc
11-12-2015, 10:45 AM
I always found The Counter to be overrated as hell. It's a decent burger but I never found them anything to write home about, and I'd take Chris Madrid's Macho Cheddar Cheezy in a second over any burger I have had at The Counter for double the price. Or I'd rather have a Kingburger at Fatburger if I'm in Cali. The Counter reminds me of the Chipotle of burgers tbh.

Man, I'm a burger lover. It's my go-to meal anywhere new I visit in the States. I still haven't found a burger that matches The Counter, and I've been to about a thousand different burger joints. To each their own I guess. Next time I'm down in San Jose I'll try one from Fatburger though.

baseline bum
11-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Man, I'm a burger lover. It's my go-to meal anywhere new I visit in the States. I still haven't found a burger that matches The Counter, and I've been to about a thousand different burger joints. To each their own I guess. Next time I'm down in San Jose I'll try one from Fatburger though.

I used to work a block away from the Santa Monica location and so I tried a few of their burgers, and every time I felt like I should have just gone to Fatburger instead even if they would have been the same price. I don't want a bunch of fancy crap on my burger though, just season the patty well and have good fries (I fucking love the fat fries at Fatburger).

Cry Havoc
11-12-2015, 11:00 AM
I used to work a block away from the Santa Monica location and so I tried a few of their burgers, and every time I felt like I should have just gone to Fatburger instead even if they would have been the same price. I don't want a bunch of fancy crap on my burger though, just season the patty well and have good fries (I fucking love the fat fries at Fatburger).

I usually just get spinach, tomatoes, peppers, avocado or bacon, onions, on mine. Maybe pineapple if I'm feeling like I need something different.

I. Hustle
11-12-2015, 11:02 AM

San Antonio, TX 78247
210-496-7092

add bacon
add cheese

Are you serious? I live close to there and pass it all the time. I might have to give it a shot.

lebomb
11-12-2015, 11:29 AM

Game/set/match.

LOL, get that bullshit outta here. Chris Madrids has by far the best flavor. Their grill is well seasoned with age.

http://www.doublecheeseblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/4367158340_3e74e47a23_b-580x435.jpg

baseline bum
11-12-2015, 11:43 AM
LOL, get that bullshit outta here. Chris Madrids has by far the best flavor. Their grill is well seasoned with age.

http://www.doublecheeseblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/4367158340_3e74e47a23_b-580x435.jpg

Hell yeah man, motherfucking Cheddar Cheezy ftw.

I. Hustle
11-12-2015, 12:20 PM
That is by far the best looking burger in the club.

Buddy Mignon
11-12-2015, 01:49 PM
Damn... is that all you fat niggas and nigresses think about is eating...

I. Hustle
11-12-2015, 02:13 PM

My bad, should it have been another thread about all the pretend hoes and money we have?

DJR210
11-12-2015, 03:35 PM

Join us for more discussion in the :lol thread, faggot

benefactor
11-12-2015, 04:10 PM
If you are in the East Texas area, I highly recommend Jucys and Burger Grind. Both made the top five in Texas Highways recent list. Jucys got rated higher, but I prefer Burger Grind.

http://www.texashighways.com/travel/item/7985-comfort-food-best-burgers-texas-top-40

Chingo Bling
11-12-2015, 04:17 PM
If you are in the East Texas area, I highly recommend Jucys and Burger Grind. Both made the top five in Texas Highways recent list. Jucys got rated higher, but I prefer Burger Grind.

http://www.texashighways.com/travel/item/7985-comfort-food-best-burgers-texas-top-40

The best burger I ever had era your mom's fur burger, buey. Mas juicy que la chingada. Made my top mañosas list.

Just kidding. Don't get mad to me.

Bender
11-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Haven't been to The Antler yet, but I went back when it was called Texas 46... at least I think it's the same place. Will try it since I'm in that area a lot.

I used to go to the Chesters in Hollywood Park quite a bit way back in the 80s.

Biernutz
11-13-2015, 01:23 AM
I remember when Fudruckers was the burger place in San Antonio......

Xevious
11-13-2015, 01:33 AM
Haven't been to The Antler yet, but I went back when it was called Texas 46... at least I think it's the same place. Will try it since I'm in that area a lot.
It's not the same place. Texas 46 is across the street from Antler's and now closed down, it was primarily a bar IIRC. Antler's Cafe used to be on 281 just North of 46, but moved to its current location maybe 10(?) years ago. The menu is limited (chicken fried steak, burgers, pork chops, that type of stuff) but what they have is pretty good.

chunticakes
11-13-2015, 03:24 AM
The best burger I ever had era your mom's fur burger, buey. Mas juicy que la chingada. Made my top mañosas list.

:lol

Ke onda mamao? We need more posts from you here guey.

illusioNtEk
11-13-2015, 05:02 AM

ya wey no mames cabrona :lol

Blake
11-13-2015, 11:48 AM

Your mom used to call me, used to call me on your Cricket

Chingo Bling

Chingo Bling
11-13-2015, 11:51 AM
Your mom used to call me, used to call me on your Cricket

Chingo Bling (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17423)

That cabrona used my burner?! Always trying to get me busted by las tres letras.

SpursforSix
11-13-2015, 02:30 PM

Finally one I recognize. Juicy's. Used to go to the original one in Tyler. Think it was on 5th maybe. Or Troup Hwy. There also used to be a place called The Counter that was set up like an old soda shop. Had great burgers and onion rings.

Blake
11-13-2015, 02:46 PM
That cabrona used my burner?! Always trying to get me busted by las tres letras.

Lol burner.

Nothing to be ashamed of if you roll with Cricket

Chingo Bling
11-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Lol burner.

Nothing to be ashamed of if you roll with Cricket

When did I said I was achamed?

SpursforSix
11-13-2015, 03:47 PM
When did I said I was achamed?

ayaayay Chingo...ju ever put japaleno rings on jur pecker and then put it in a goat

Chingo Bling
11-13-2015, 03:51 PM
ayaayay Chingo...ju ever put japaleno rings on jur pecker and then put it in a goat

De que estas hablando, buey? The only thing I put in goats is jalapeno, cebolla, cilantro, un poco de lime and seasoning. I can make some bruto cabrito.

SpursforSix
11-13-2015, 03:57 PM
De que estas hablando, buey? The only thing I put in goats is jalapeno, cebolla, cilantro, un poco de lime and seasoning. I can make some bruto cabrito.

yah. ju put the peppers on jur pecker and then put jur pecker in the goat. when ju pull jur pecker out, the peppers stay in la goata.

Chingo Bling
11-13-2015, 04:00 PM
yah. ju put the peppers on jur pecker and then put jur pecker in the goat. when ju pull jur pecker out, the peppers stay in la goata.

Estas loco. Only Avance puts his "pecker" adentro de chivas. You know another word for a baby goat? A kid. Por eso Avance likes them.

SpursforSix
11-13-2015, 04:05 PM
Estas loco. Only Avance puts his "pecker" adentro de chivas. You know another word for a baby goat? A kid. Por eso Avance likes them.

chit. jur right. Avangre like de little chicos and put his pepper pecker in dem when dey dress like leetle chicas. he's a sick gringo ey?

benefactor
11-13-2015, 08:26 PM
Finally one I recognize. Juicy's. Used to go to the original one in Tyler. Think it was on 5th maybe. Or Troup Hwy. There also used to be a place called The Counter that was set up like an old soda shop. Had great burgers and onion rings.
It's on 5th and it's still there. The Counter is an Italian place now. Burger Grind is awesome though. Check it out next time you are in the area.

Blake
11-13-2015, 08:48 PM
A couple of weeks back, had the worst burger i think I've ever had: Fuddruckers I-10/Wurzbach

We were starving so we didn't really notice/think about how god awful it was until we were leaving. The buns were barely cooked long enough and there was zero seasoning to the beef.

it's usually good...very surprised it was that bad. Never going back to that one.

Blake
11-13-2015, 08:49 PM
Can never go wrong with Chesters.

spurraider21
11-14-2015, 09:30 PM
counter is fine... i cant stand umami. most overpriced mediocre burger you can find.

there's no chris madrid's here. fatburger is underrated too, though i think people are turned off by the name

BD24
11-14-2015, 10:06 PM

San Antonio, TX 78247
210-496-7092

add bacon
add cheese

I used to live very close to there, bit of a hole in the wall place, but the food is really good. Just have to ignor the weirdos.

SpursforSix
11-14-2015, 10:18 PM
It's on 5th and it's still there. The Counter is an Italian place now. Burger Grind is awesome though. Check it out next time you are in the area.

Yeah...I was still there when it became the Italian place. Not bad at all. We moved in 2005. I'm surprised it's still there with all the chains that have moved in. Will check out Burger Grind for sure. Probably get back a couple of times over the holidays. Crazy how it never seems to stop growing.

illusioNtEk
11-15-2015, 01:45 AM
I used to live very close to there, bit of a hole in the wall place, but the food is really good. Just have to ignor the weirdos.

Yea not the best looking bar but the food is soooooo good. Seems like a chill bar tho

lefty
11-15-2015, 03:21 AM

benefactor
11-15-2015, 10:15 AM
Yeah...I was still there when it became the Italian place. Not bad at all. We moved in 2005. I'm surprised it's still there with all the chains that have moved in. Will check out Burger Grind for sure. Probably get back a couple of times over the holidays. Crazy how it never seems to stop growing.
Indeed...it's almost too many damn people in a small area. Sort of like a smaller version of Austin. Let me know when you head this way. We'll get a beer or something.

SpursforSix
11-15-2015, 11:58 AM
Indeed...it's almost too many damn people in a small area. Sort of like a smaller version of Austin. Let me know when you head this way. We'll get a beer or something.

Exactly. At least it didn't end up as a smaller version of Dallas. Which is what I think it waned to be at one point. I miss those trees though. Will give you a shout when I can get that way and breakaway from the family.

leemajors
11-15-2015, 12:01 PM
Cubanito Burger at Cuban Sandwich Cafe in Austin.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb64/beestrofowler/Cubanito_zpsfbhz8m8j.jpg

Chingo Bling
11-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Oh chit! I would grub the hell out of that Cubanito

Biernutz
11-16-2015, 01:02 PM
a esqgargo double with cheese at McDondalds in Monteral.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-17-2015, 06:27 PM
Quality of the meat at Chris Madrid's was very disappointing. Loading it with cheddar doesn't change the weak chopped flank.

baseline bum
11-17-2015, 07:34 PM
Quality of the meat at Chris Madrid's was very disappointing. Loading it with cheddar doesn't change the weak chopped flank.

Lots of awesome food uses shit cuts of meat though. The best tasting Mexican chorizo is made with salivary glands. Brisket and fajita are terrible cuts of beef. I love the way they season their beef at Chris Madrid's, and I'll take it over a fancy burger joint like The Counter with their bland certified organic in house ground.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-17-2015, 08:14 PM
Lots of awesome food uses shit cuts of meat though. The best tasting Mexican chorizo is made with salivary glands. Brisket and fajita are terrible cuts of beef. I love the way they season their beef at Chris Madrid's, and I'll take it over a fancy burger joint like The Counter with their bland certified organic in house ground.

Who said anything about organic beef? Wrong label, holmes.

Fajita is tenderized and marinated. Chorizo is cured sausage. We're talking about burgers.

Not only does Chris Madrid use the shittiest cut but they don't use a particularly good quality of meat either. granular chunky to almost gritty texture and cohesiveness. Flavor was there but I couldn't get past what it was I had put in my mouth. Obviously very frozen.

DJR210
11-17-2015, 09:43 PM

:lol what kind of stuck up burger snob shit is that? Its not intended to be a gourmet 5 star restaurant I don't think.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-18-2015, 02:14 AM
:lol what kind of stuck up burger snob shit is that? Its not intended to be a gourmet 5 star restaurant I don't think.

Asking for ribeye isn't exactly the gold star treatment, chachi. I am just fine with decent chuck. I went there expecting the best and got a gritty burger with a huge mound of cheddar on it instead. Im sure your standards for best are oh so virtuous with your pauper's pride.

Ditty
11-18-2015, 04:24 AM
Used to work by there at Time Warner Cable (Worst job ever) many years ago wish I knew about it back in the day. Might need to make a quick drive out there during my lunch hour, only a 10 minute drive. I have never cared for Chester's Hamburgers at least the one off I-10 by USAA. I've heard they have real good hot dogs though. Chris Madrid's is good, a little overrated and think the food quality has gone down unfortunately since the owner passed away a few years ago, but it's still worth going there 2-3 times a year if you're a local. Been to Fatboy's twice it was really good the first time, couldn't enjoy it the second time because I was in a rush that day but need to give it a try soon. I really like 54th street Devil's Den Burger, Babe's old fashioned hamburgers, Texas Hamburger Company and I tried out Chunky's burgers again as I couldn't enjoy it last time because my friend wanted to go to the hospital after doing the four horsemen challenge :lol, but the Texas Kicker I had the other day was amazing, I don't know if it was because I was hungry also . Burger Boy is awesome also, I think it's a better more consistent Whataburger and I love Whataburger. In n Out is good also when you're feeling it also, the hype has gone down for me when I ate there like twice a week when it opened last year.

DJR210
11-18-2015, 08:40 AM
Used to work by there at Time Warner Cable (Worst job ever)

Damnnnnn, that's fucked up illusioNtEk.. you gon let him say that shit about TWC?

philldafunk
11-18-2015, 10:10 AM
I love me some Chester's. I grew up down the street from the one off of Pat Booker, now that I live in the city I frequent the one off 410.

Sidenote, I did try that "brunch buger" at Applebees (fried egg and hasbrown) not bad at all.

ididnotnothat
11-19-2015, 12:43 AM
Drive by everyday but haven't dropped in.

baseline bum
11-19-2015, 12:53 AM
I tried out Chunky's burgers again as I couldn't enjoy it last time because my friend wanted to go to the hospital after doing the four horsemen challenge :lol

CROFL, I love eating hot shit, but why would anyone eat a burger with fucking ghost peppers in a habanero sauce? Might as well just go to Wendy's and spray your mouth with mace in between bites.

DJR210
11-19-2015, 02:32 PM
CROFL, I love eating hot shit, but why would anyone eat a burger with fucking ghost peppers in a habanero sauce? Might as well just go to Wendy's and spray your mouth with mace in between bites.

Hey fuck you mace with a burger is awesome