PDA

View Full Version : Road Side Pub: Sit back, grab a drink and let's chat about most things under the sun.

TheDoctor
11-12-2015, 10:12 AM
I'm creating this thread to start a general discussion about the things going on around the League. So grab a stool, a drink and relax.

Let me begin.

Soon after Sacramento was hammered by us Monday night, Sacramento's clusterfuck star, DeMarcus Cousins, stormed into the locker room and cursed out head coach George Karl with a torrent of obscenities.

After Cousins unleashed F-bombs after F-bombs on Karl, all the head coach -who publicly feuded with Cousins in summer- could do was walk away. Afterward, Cousins felt some remorse for his actions, asking a couple of teammates if he came down too hard on the coach. They calmly told him, "you can't scream and curse like that at your coach in front of everyone."

What I would not have given to be present in that locker room.

daledondale
11-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Wrong forum bro.

Cry Havoc
11-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Meh, I'd prefer this to the 10,000 spam threads that get made on a daily basis.

TheDoctor
11-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Ok. Tried to do something different here with you guys. More private. Not something wide-open to the majority of NBA fans.

SupremeGuy
11-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Chances Boogie ends up on the Spurs when he eventually becomes a FA? Less than 5 percent?

Richie
11-12-2015, 10:33 AM
Cousins could be a superstar but that right there is the reason why the most wins the Kings have ever had in a season with him is 29. They've never even looked close to making the playoffs and it's because he fosters a cancerous, petulant locker room atmosphere.

Say what you want about the Kings poor drafting record, but at least some of that is due to those players being drafted to the Kings. Put a bunch of those guys on the Spurs for their rookie deal and I expect they'd all be better players. Rookies in Sacramento aren't put in to a position to succeed.

Richie
11-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Chances Boogie ends up on the Spurs when he eventually becomes a FA? Less than 5 percent?

About the same as the odds that the Spurs would even want him, very low.

TheDoctor
11-12-2015, 10:42 AM
About the same as the odds that the Spurs would even want him, very low.

I would love to have good Boogie on the Spurs. The guy's a beast, sadly right now, a detrimental beast. Also, lets not forget Karl came in with a "trade him" mentality. Cousins was actually behaving kinda good under Mike Malone's tutelage.

Cry Havoc
11-12-2015, 10:49 AM
Cousins could be a superstar but that right there is the reason why the most wins the Kings have ever had in a season with him is 29. They've never even looked close to making the playoffs and it's because he fosters a cancerous, petulant locker room atmosphere.

Say what you want about the Kings poor drafting record, but at least some of that is due to those players being drafted to the Kings. Put a bunch of those guys on the Spurs for their rookie deal and I expect they'd all be better players. Rookies in Sacramento aren't put in to a position to succeed.

Eh. Don't put the blame all on Boogie. The Kings draft terribly and don't know how to run a basketball organization. Anytime they DO draft talent they sell them down the river for picks or washed up players.

SAGirl
11-12-2015, 10:55 AM
I would love to have good Boogie on the Spurs. The guy's a beast, sadly right now, a detrimental beast. Also, lets not forget Karl came in with a "trade him" mentality. Cousins was actually behaving kinda good under Mike Malone's tutelage.
I think it was a huge mistake to fire Malone when they did. Malone had the team playing a style that suit their talents and they were winning early in the season. More importantly Cousins was coming from a good showing at the Basketball World Cup and he had a good relationship with Malone at the point when he was fired. Malone had them playing well and they were not a particularly talented team outside of Cousins and Rudy Gay.

The explanation given by the Managers was that Malone wasn't implementing the style they wanted. They basically threw the season away for no reason TBH, for no reason!!!! They wanted to be this run and gun team like the Warriors, but TBH, does that suit Boogie's talent? Having him shoot 3s from the perimeter? Really? And even if that was the reason, they had a winning record up to that point, or close to it, why not let the man finish the season, then make changes in the offseason with personnel and coaching or whatever.

As bad tempered as Cousins has been, the SAC franchise has been terrible. They have not done well by Boogie. He's got a bad temper and has been very immature, but really? In the kind of situation he's been in for so many years, it is tough to keep up a positive outlook.

As for the Karl tongue lashing: it was inappropriate, but Boogie was frustrated and directed that at Karl. The reality is that some of his frustration needs to be directed at teammates who were not giving their all. In that 4th Q, I only saw Belinelli, continue to compete and try to make plays. The rest of the Kings had given up on defense entirely. I think the problem for Karl at this point is that he didn't get his players to buy in, and he had been a cancer himself in how he managed Boogie.

TXstbobcat
11-12-2015, 10:58 AM

About the same as the chances of finding Bigfoot drinking from the Holy Grail with Jimmy Hoffa.

Fireball
11-12-2015, 11:10 AM
Cousins will never ..... eeeeeeeever get over himself

Dancelot
11-12-2015, 11:41 AM
Ok. Tried to do something different here with you guys. More private. Not something wide-open to the majority of NBA fans.
I feel you. If this thread got made downstairs it would just turn into another Kobe vs. Duncan debate. With it being here at least it has a chance to be a Parker bitching thread.

...also, Duncan>>>>>Kirby

el contusione
11-12-2015, 11:55 AM
I think it was a huge mistake to fire Malone when they did. Malone had the team playing a style that suit their talents and they were winning early in the season. More importantly Cousins was coming from a good showing at the Basketball World Cup and he had a good relationship with Malone at the point when he was fired. Malone had them playing well and they were not a particularly talented team outside of Cousins and Rudy Gay.

The explanation given by the Managers was that Malone wasn't implementing the style they wanted. They basically threw the season away for no reason TBH, for no reason!!!! They wanted to be this run and gun team like the Warriors, but TBH, does that suit Boogie's talent? Having him shoot 3s from the perimeter? Really? And even if that was the reason, they had a winning record up to that point, or close to it, why not let the man finish the season, then make changes in the offseason with personnel and coaching or whatever.

As bad tempered as Cousins has been, the SAC franchise has been terrible. They have not done well by Boogie. He's got a bad temper and has been very immature, but really? In the kind of situation he's been in for so many years, it is tough to keep up a positive outlook.

As for the Karl tongue lashing: it was inappropriate, but Boogie was frustrated and directed that at Karl. The reality is that some of his frustration needs to be directed at teammates who were not giving their all. In that 4th Q, I only saw Belinelli, continue to compete and try to make plays. The rest of the Kings had given up on defense entirely. I think the problem for Karl at this point is that he didn't get his players to buy in, and he had been a cancer himself in how he managed Boogie.

I would blame the ownership. I remember reading something about Ranadive saying that they want to be like the SPURS but more exciting. Clearly the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. If the ownership mingles to much with the basketball stuff that is a recipe for disaster.

There are only two owners I can think of who were able to deliver a championship while being involved in the day to day stuff and thats Mark Cuban and Jerry Buss. I know Cuban has made some dumb moves but he was still able to deliver a championship to Dallas. Jerry Buss is a legend. One of the reasons no big name free agent is signing with the lakers is because Jerry is gone. Jim has't done shit. Drafting russell over Okafor is one of his recent dumb moves.

spurso
11-12-2015, 11:57 AM
This

TheDoctor
11-12-2015, 11:57 AM

IIRC, the Kings started the season bad but most of it was due to Cousins being injured. Even the Spurs went through dark times with Kawhi injured, and San Antonio has much more talent. IMO, Kings FO just wanted a known HC. And Karl never got his players (like you said) to buy in. You just cant come in and want to trade your best player right away. Well you can, but look at what happened. Karl never gained their trust. This season is even worst because during the FAgency,they lost some players and continuity with them. DeMarcus wants to be a King but his HC and probably the FO wants him out. That's a recipe for disaster.

spurso
11-12-2015, 11:58 AM
I like the idea. :bobo

I. Hustle
11-12-2015, 11:58 AM
but but but... he almost has 1000 posts. He's pretty much legit.

Yuixafun
11-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Petulant is the perfect word to describe DMC

Mikeanaro
11-12-2015, 12:02 PM
Demar is such a dumb nig, typical hothead Im sure he´ll be broke soon after his career ends.

TheDoctor
11-12-2015, 12:20 PM
With Kevin Durant out, AGAIN, perhaps not tanking last year may have been one of the worst OKC mistakes after trading Harden? You could say they rather had a winning mentality, but IMO you can still have a winning mentality and be in the lottery because of injuries (exhibit 1, Spurs 1996-97 season). With the clusterfuck that is the Lakers FO, they could have landed Okafor at #3 or a good defensive wing in Winslow. Another Presti's bad decision?

SpursforSix
11-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Cousins will never ..... eeeeeeeever get over himself

I don't know. He's young still. If he gets it figured out, he'll be a force.

Richie
11-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Eh. Don't put the blame all on Boogie. The Kings draft terribly and don't know how to run a basketball organization. Anytime they DO draft talent they sell them down the river for picks or washed up players.

I don't put all the blame on him but having a petulant child as the leader of a locker room makes it very difficult for rookies to learn how to be proper players in the NBA. The Kings might be the worst run franchise in sports but Cousins' attitude does nothing but make a bad situation worse.

SpursforSix
11-12-2015, 12:57 PM
I don't put all the blame on him but having a petulant child as the leader of a locker room makes it very difficult for rookies to learn how to be proper players in the NBA. The Kings might be the worst run franchise in sports but Cousins' attitude does nothing but make a bad situation worse.

that's the main problem. not having another player that's a leader. Man, he'd be a good gamble for the Spurs. Put him with Pop and Duncan. Be the best thing for his long term career.

FkLA
11-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Karl tried to give Cousins a 2 game suspension after that. Divac, who is know the King's GM, overrode the suspension. Last article I read said Karl is 'in trouble'. Pretty retarded when organizations side with a misbehaving player over a coach (see Greg Hardy as well) tbh.

Cry Havoc
11-12-2015, 01:39 PM
Karl tried to give Cousins a 2 game suspension after that. Divac, who is know the King's GM, overrode the suspension. Last article I read said Karl is 'in trouble'. Pretty retarded when organizations side with a misbehaving player over a coach (see Greg Hardy as well) tbh.

Did you see where the front office met with players and asked them if they wanted to fire Karl?

Unreal.

Agloco
11-12-2015, 02:16 PM

This right here.

Agloco
11-12-2015, 02:18 PM

Keep on doing it. It's a refreshing change from all of the usual tomfoolery going on around here.

TheDoctor
11-12-2015, 02:41 PM
With Kevin Durant out, AGAIN, perhaps not tanking last year may have been one of the worst OKC mistakes after trading Harden? You could say they rather had a winning mentality, but IMO you can still have a winning mentality and be in the lottery because of injuries (exhibit 1, Spurs 1996-97 season). With the clusterfuck that is the Lakers FO, they could have landed Okafor at #3 or a good defensive wing in Winslow. Another Presti's bad decision or nah?

SAGirl
11-12-2015, 05:15 PM
With Kevin Durant out, AGAIN, perhaps not tanking last year may have been one of the worst OKC mistakes after trading Harden? You could say they rather had a winning mentality, but IMO you can still have a winning mentality and be in the lottery because of injuries (exhibit 1, Spurs 1996-97 season). With the clusterfuck that is the Lakers FO, they could have landed Okafor at #3 or a good defensive wing in Winslow. Another Presti's bad decision?
Four things in no particular order:

1. Westbrook was playing near MVP level last season. You can't put down a fierce competitor like him without him being injured. I actually think he's grown as a player, and is a better decision maker than he ever was. He was impressive and really was one game away from pushing a team to the playoffs pretty much by himself with some roleplayers and a lot of new guys arriving through midseason.

2. They didn't start the season intending to tank with their two stars going out for injuries and them starting with a loosing record. They thought they could recover to make the playoffs even if they did not get the highest seed and to that end added guys through trade mid season.

3. The way the tanking teams start loosing early, if you don't get your loosing streaks going with regularity you won't get a high pick anyways.

4. They are in win now mode. They probably thought that they didn't have a legit run at any of the top picks and any guy outside of the top picks is a gamble and would not be ready to contribute in Durant's last season b4 his FA

EVAY
11-12-2015, 05:17 PM

:tu

EVAY
11-12-2015, 05:19 PM

Very thoughtful response. Thank you for posting. I'm serious. This is the type of discussion that many of us enjoy.

SAGirl
11-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Very thoughtful response. Thank you for posting. I'm serious. This is the type of discussion that many of us enjoy.
:bobo

EVAY
11-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Did you see where the front office met with players and asked them if they wanted to fire Karl?

Unreal.

I read that article and actually felt sorry for George Karl, and that it means it was a totally egregious move by the FO. I cannot ABIDE George Karl, so for me to end up feeling badly for him is just a testament to how sorry that FO is.

look_at_g_shred
11-12-2015, 05:42 PM
Might be too early to gauge, but anyone think the lance signing will work in LAC? Personally, I think he will hurt them come playoff time.

FkLA
11-12-2015, 06:01 PM

Unreal.

Shit organization doing shit things. I liked Vlade as a player but he has no business being in a front office if this is his idea of building a structurally sound organization.

TheDoctor
11-12-2015, 06:34 PM
Might be too early to gauge, but anyone think the lance signing will work in LAC? Personally, I think he will hurt them come playoff time.

Too early to gauge tbh. He could either make that bench better or weaker. As of now he hasn't been much of a factor.

Mikeanaro
11-12-2015, 06:42 PM
Cancer boys are never a good thing, it will bite them.

GSH
11-12-2015, 06:48 PM
I know there's a whole forum for non-Spurs shit like this, but if I put this thread down there I wouldn't get as much attention. I'm sure I'll catch some shit over it, but I'll just claim I was trying to bring something new and beautiful into their lives. Besides, insults are just another form of attention.

I'm going for it."

SAGirl
11-12-2015, 10:16 PM

Too early to gauge tbh. He could either make that bench better or weaker. As of now he hasn't been much of a factor.

I haven't watched the games but looked at a couple of box scores and he's been starting. I don't know their rotations or anything like that. I imagine his defense is what got him to start.

BillMc
11-12-2015, 11:26 PM
I like this thread. Cheers to OP. :toast

Here's something to discuss:

Brad Daugherty: "Michael Jordan was indefensible in the middle of his career, the prime. LeBron [James] is that way now. This (Steph Curry) is the other young man that's unguardable."

Kawhi can guard him! :toast Not scared.

SAGirl
11-13-2015, 12:37 AM

Brad Daugherty: "Michael Jordan was indefensible in the middle of his career, the prime. LeBron [James] is that way now. This (Steph Curry) is the other young man that's unguardable."

I don't know, I guess we will see. I am not understimating the Warriors. Chris Paul was giving the Spurs headache against the Clippers and we pretty much have the same team perimeter-wise. Warriors could be trouble. The circus shots that Curry is capable of are just incredible. He does have to take care not to turn the ball over. I see him coming through a lot of screens against us.

TheDoctor
11-13-2015, 12:04 PM

Yeah, after last night some analysts compared him to Jordan to some extent. I don't remember if it was here or talking with hometown friends, that I said, "I feel the Warriors are on a mission. 1) To Repeat 2) To Win 70+ games". It seems like this season is a continuation of last. They haven't lost a step, haven't took a break. No Championship hangover whatsoever. Ready to prove the World they weren't lucky last season as Doc Rivers implied. I don't know if Steve Kerr can wait to JAN 25 (vs SPURS), but don't be surprised if he makes his 1st season appearance on DEC 25th vs CLE after this "prolonged leave" due to complications with his back surgery. After all, GS pansies love this kind of drama and "motivation surprises". Just like they did with DLee in the WCSF back in 2013.

Truth is, other than San Antonio, OKC (if healthy) and CLE, I don't see any of the remaining teams beating them.

spurso
11-13-2015, 12:13 PM

The funny thing is Lebron is 2-4 in the finals. Pretty bad for someone that's unguardable.

Skoobz
11-13-2015, 04:46 PM
:boboNice one Doc.

Lets discuss why it's page 2 and no sign of the player fan krews.

TheDoctor
11-13-2015, 05:43 PM

Page 2? You guys need to change your settings. I got mine with max posts per page.

SAGirl
11-13-2015, 06:19 PM

Let's just ignore the krews honestly.

Skoobz
11-13-2015, 06:33 PM
Let's just ignore the krews honestly.

Eh just refreshing not seeing one of them in a thread and decent discussion taking place tbh.

Skoobz
11-13-2015, 06:41 PM
I think he'll do fairly well During the RS considering he's learning the schematics of a new team....but if he pulls that blowing in the ear shit come PO's i believe it will be more of a distraction than an advantage for the clips. If he tries it out against SA come PO's he's going to awake a angry giant named kick ass and it will be their demise. Time will tell.

Ice009
11-13-2015, 08:36 PM
The funny thing is Lebron is 2-4 in the finals. Pretty bad for someone that's unguardable.

He's 2-4 in the finals because he's playing in the Eastern Conference. It's not that hard to figure out. If he was in the West, most of his teams wouldn't have even made it to the finals for him to be 2-4. It's pretty easy to see. He's made so many finals because he's been in a pathetic Eastern conference.

Oh and by the way, I don't give him any credit whatsoever for the 2nd ring. That is ours, we handed it to him, threw that Championship away. He didn't earn it. He missed two huge threes badly and Ray Allen bailed him out. He would have been killed by the media had all that bullshit not gone down with Ray ending up with the ball in his hands after those missed rebounds.

sasaint
11-14-2015, 12:20 AM
The Rockets lose to the Nuggets. Is anybody else surprised by the Rockets' start? I'm not a DHoward fan at all, but i am surprised that the Rockets are struggling this hard without him.

DMC
11-14-2015, 12:39 AM
I'm not surprised. They lost JSmoove.

BillMc
11-14-2015, 12:58 AM
The Rockets lose to the Nuggets. Is anybody else surprised by the Rockets' start? I'm not a DHoward fan at all, but i am surprised that the Rockets are struggling this hard without him.

I'm a little surprised. Especially as they did so well without him last year.

BillMc
11-14-2015, 12:59 AM

Yep. And that easily could have been 1-5. :bang

Sigh. Back to therapy...:lol

TXstbobcat
11-14-2015, 01:05 AM
Yep. And that easily could have been 1-5. :bang

Sigh. Back to therapy...:lol

As bad as the 1 loss in the finals was, I'll take 5 titles in 6 trips to the finals.

sasaint
11-14-2015, 01:14 AM
I'm not surprised. They lost JSmoove.

True, I still thought they would be better than they are without JSmoove and DHoward. They have some players (not Harden) that I like.

Also, remember those poor delusional Lakers fans saying they would make the playoffs? Playoffs?!?! PLAYOFFS?!?!?! :lol

Knicks fans, on the other hand actually may have a decent team. Porzingis is good already, and his ceiling is outa sight.

BillMc
11-14-2015, 01:20 AM
As bad as the 1 loss in the finals was, I'll take 5 titles in 6 trips to the finals.

True. And it made that fifth all the sweeter!:toast

DJR210
11-14-2015, 02:16 AM
non spurs related is discuss downstairs clown

:lol /thread

BillMc
11-14-2015, 02:43 AM
This vid really should be in this thread. A good thematic fit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT7oOTZ9Wps

EVAY
11-14-2015, 09:21 AM
True. And it made that fifth all the sweeter!:toast

Couldn't agree more. Have never felt prouder of a team anywhere for any reason in all my life. If there is sixth, (hope), I still don't believe it can be sweeter than the fifth.

EVAY
11-14-2015, 09:23 AM

OUTSTANDING!!!

I had never seen that, but it is just too perfect!!

YGWHI
11-14-2015, 10:37 AM
Chris Paul was giving the Spurs headache against the Clippers and we pretty much have the same team perimeter-wise. Warriors could be trouble. The circus shots that Curry is capable of are just incredible. He does have to take care not to turn the ball over. I see him coming through a lot of screens against us.
Agree. The Clippers were setting double high screens for Paul in the series and the Spurs couldn't solve that. I can see Curry running off multiple screens, two, three screens in a row, which are very hard for a defender to get through, trying to exhaust anyone who guards him...Anaway, if we're gonna switch to defend screens I just hope a better job than the last play in Washington.

YGWHI
11-14-2015, 10:39 AM

SAGirl
11-14-2015, 12:36 PM
Agree. The Clippers were setting double high screens for Paul in the series and the Spurs couldn't solve that. I can see Curry running off multiple screens, two, three screens in a row, which are very hard for a defender to get through, trying to exhaust anyone who guards him...Anaway, if we're gonna switch to defend screens I just hope a better job than the last play in Washington.

We are very vulnerable to those kind of plays. I love Kawhi, but with his current size and strength, he's vulnerable to getting caught on screens. Danny is faster, but he has started the season off. He has shown to be vulnerable to getting punked by shooters that like to run through screens as well. Just watch Belinelli in the SAC game, Beal in Wiz. They got the shots they wanted, and Marco drew fouls easily on Danny.

The multiple screens are very hard to defend without help, the big has to show to allow Danny or Kawhi to recover to the play. In cases of dangerous shooters, the big probably has to contest the shot w/o fouling, and true bigs are not good at that.

Besides, if the shooter is a good passer, it opens up a whole lot of options in the paint once he gets a switch with the big. He can get into a PnR, or get into the paint or draw a foul.

Spurs are really vulnerable to this kind of play. You are right, we never solved Chris Paul, and Curry is a much better shooter.

Seventyniner
11-14-2015, 03:36 PM
Speaking of screens, Parker and Mills are both horrible at defending them. Pop will be forced to put Danny or Kawhi on Curry full-time if the two teams meet in the playoffs.

TheDoctor
11-14-2015, 11:13 PM
Warriors trailing BKN by 15 after one quarter. Take that as you want. Most probably by the end of the third, GSW will be winning by 15, 30 points swing.

TXstbobcat
11-14-2015, 11:15 PM
Warriors trailing BKN by 15 after one quarter. Take that as you want. Most probably by the end of the third, GSW will be winning by 15, 30 points swing.

I will keep an eye on that game on league pass.

TheDoctor
11-14-2015, 11:21 PM

And again tonight vs DAL. 12 point loss. T.Jones beasted for the 2nd straight game but other than that they looking pretty bad.

I will keep an eye on that game on league pass.

Another interesting game to follow, CLE vs MIL. Playing a 2nd Over Time.

DAF86
11-14-2015, 11:25 PM
Warriors getting away with murder.

sasaint
11-14-2015, 11:28 PM
I haven't watched them this year, just going by box scores. I really like TJones, but he hasn't gotten much love in Houston. Be interesting to see how the guys on this team react if this continues.

TheDoctor
11-14-2015, 11:41 PM
Aaaaaand Milwaukee won in 2 OTs 108-105.

Warriors trailing BKN by 2 points 52-54 at the half.

BillMc
11-15-2015, 12:03 AM
Aaaaaand Milwaukee won in 2 OTs 108-105.

Warriors trailing BKN by 2 points 52-54 at the half.

Wars downs 6 now. Damn its 7 am, I want to go to bed. :lol

But it looks like the Nets size gives the Dubs some trouble. I think we'll match up with them well.

BillMc
11-15-2015, 12:05 AM
OUTSTANDING!!!

I had never seen that, but it is just too perfect!!

Yeah, it goes with OP's idea.

TheDoctor
11-15-2015, 12:12 AM
Wars downs 6 now. Damn its 7 am, I want to go to bed. :lol

But it looks like the Nets size gives the Dubs some trouble. I think we'll match up with them well.

I agree. BKN's size definitely doing some damage. They're dominating the rebounds. Also Steph looks a little tired.

TheDoctor
11-15-2015, 12:44 AM
GSW 94 BKN 97 9.9segs 4th quarter Warriors with the ball

TXstbobcat
11-15-2015, 12:45 AM
GSW 94 BKN 97 9.9segs 4th quarter Warriors with the ball

iggi hits the 3 to tie it. 5 seconds left

TheDoctor
11-15-2015, 12:45 AM
BKN didnt foul and Iguodala tied the game. Incredible.

So tied game 5.5segs left BKN ball

TXstbobcat
11-15-2015, 12:50 AM
Damn! Lopez missed the bunny for the win

TheDoctor
11-15-2015, 12:55 AM
Damn! Lopez missed the bunny for the win

lol Boban would not have missed that tbh.

YGWHI
11-15-2015, 12:56 AM
Fuck...Iggy's horrible FT shooter but the Nets let him shoot instead of foul him. :bang

BillMc
11-15-2015, 12:59 AM
Ugh. At least I can go to bed.

TheDoctor
11-15-2015, 12:59 AM
Fuck...Iggy's horrible FT shooter but the Nets let him shoot instead of foul him. :bang

Hollins did a Pop n didn't foul, /Game.

YGWHI
11-15-2015, 01:02 AM
Hollins did a Pop a didn't foul, /Game.

Yep. With the same ugly result in the overtime.

TheDoctor
11-15-2015, 01:05 AM
Yep. With the same ugly result in the overtime.

Another strange play was the 8 sec violation. Clearly Hollins was inside the court yelling for a time-out lol

Joseph Kony
11-15-2015, 02:36 AM
Just an observation, and I know they've been playing mostly shitty teams, but that Spurs defense has not even missed Splitter. Spurs are now tied for 2nd in defensive efficiency with GS and are 2nd in OPPG as well. Once their offense starts clicking it's over for the rest of the league tbh

Joseph Kony
11-15-2015, 02:38 AM
Even with the shit play Spurs are still top 4 in offensive efficiency, EFF FG%, and TS%, assists, and rebound rate. Just wait til February :wow

TheDoctor
11-15-2015, 02:30 PM
Just an observation, and I know they've been playing mostly shitty teams, but that Spurs defense has not even missed Splitter. Spurs are now tied for 2nd in defensive efficiency with GS and are 2nd in OPPG as well. Once their offense starts clicking it's over for the rest of the league tbh

Indeed. Well, Splitter is an elite PnR defender when healthy but he isn't that mobile, has a shorter wing-span and doesn't jump as high as LMA.

TheDoctor
11-16-2015, 12:42 AM
Let's talk about OKC. Huge 4th quarter meltdown last night vs Celtics. I left the game OKC up by 7 points in the middle of the 3rd, and damn, about 45 mins later went to see the score and saw they lost by 15. OKC got blown out 28-11 in the 4th. If the bench does not step up while KD's out, OKC may be in trouble for a short period of time. Even then (after KD's return), there are no guarantee that he returns to 100% right away.

If the Spurs continue to take care of business, they could build up a nice cushion between the 2nd and 3rd seed.

SAGirl
11-18-2015, 02:22 PM
McHale fired by Rockets. Anybody see that team turning it around?

YGWHI
11-18-2015, 02:33 PM
McHale fired by Rockets.

Just read. :wow Who's the new head coach?

SAGirl
11-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Some assistant is now interim HC. They haven't announced anyone permanently yet.

YGWHI
11-18-2015, 02:47 PM
Some assistant is now interim HC. They haven't announced anyone permanently yet.

Thanks. The 4-7 start precipitated the move but that's stupid even for Morey, after only 11 games.

SpursforSix
11-18-2015, 02:49 PM

introducing Player/Coach...James Harden

YGWHI
11-18-2015, 02:51 PM
introducing Player/Coach...James Harden
:lol

Confirmed...Rockets are fucked.

SpursforSix
11-18-2015, 02:56 PM

Confirmed...Rockets are fucked.

I'd love to see them give it a go. Just for the entertainment value. Maybe only thing funnier would be for Lakers to turn it over to Kobe.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-19-2015, 02:56 AM
0-12 now for Philly. Hinkie doing his thing, however, at some point he'll have to field a team that could offer something, supposedly next season. He's running out of time though as by the time he's able to assemble a decent roster he'd need to start handing out huge contracts to Noel, Embiid, Saric. He also won't be able to play the huge cap space game anymore due to the rising cap.

Always wondered why he never tried to use that cap space for projects on low-ish contracts, but guys who could eventually one day be a part of his actually competing team. I'm talking about contracts like Bazemore, Brandan Wright or even Jeremy Lin, or trading for the likes of Isiah Thomas or Jeremy Lamb, etc. He keeps surrounding his few decent players with complete thrash that he'll dispose of after each season, but IMO this stuns their growth completely. He's not developing his stars, he's just having them wait until he collects all the chips together and I'm not sure this would work, even though it probably does look promising in theory.

Will he be able to attract any FA after they've shown they're a circus? All of his 2nd round picks will probably follow the KJ McDaniels route and fuck him over. Will he be even able to keep his own FAs in light of the rising cap? He's not developing them, they won't be worth the new max, but he'll have to give it to them to keep them.

I guess my point is, his tanking is analytically sound but he's gone to such extremes that IMO he's hurting the chance that it all clicks at some point.

SAGirl
11-19-2015, 03:08 AM
0-12 now for Philly. Hinkie doing his thing, however, at some point he'll have to field a team that could offer something, supposedly next season. He's running out of time though as by the time he's able to assemble a decent roster he'd need to start handing out huge contracts to Noel, Embiid, Saric. He also won't be able to play the huge cap space game anymore due to the rising cap.

Always wondered why he never tried to use that cap space for projects on low-ish contracts, but guys who could eventually one day be a part of his actually competing team. I'm talking about contracts like Bazemore, Brandan Wright or even Jeremy Lin, or trading for the likes of Isiah Thomas or Jeremy Lamb, etc. He keeps surrounding his few decent players with complete thrash that he'll dispose of after each season, but IMO this stuns their growth completely. He's not developing his stars, he's just having them wait until he collects all the chips together and I'm not sure this would work, even though it probably does look promising in theory.

Will he be able to attract any FA after they've shown they're a circus? All of his 2nd round picks will probably follow the KJ McDaniels route and fuck him over. Will he be even able to keep his own FAs in light of the rising cap? He's not developing them, they won't be worth the new max, but he'll have to give it to them to keep them.

I guess my point is, his tanking is analytically sound but he's gone to such extremes that IMO he's hurting the chance that it all clicks at some point.
Nobody wants to play there. Jahlil was bummed to be picked by then and some 2nd round picks would rather sign for 1 year and try their luck after. Player are just trade chips for them and like you say they don't even field a competitive team on purpose. I agree it affects the growth if these players an it is quite honestly demoralizing for th few who have stayed to be in that situation and the turnaround of players in and out. Thu is probably their last year to tank on purpose. Imagine looks promising early and they have a good chance for a couple of lottery picks aside of their own. Still it will be had to attract any nice free agents until they are serious about winning. Maybe two years away.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-19-2015, 03:30 AM
Nobody wants to play there. Jahlil was bummed to be picked by then and some 2nd round picks would rather sign for 1 year and try their luck after. Player are just trade chips for them and like you say they don't even field a competitive team on purpose. I agree it affects the growth if these players an it is quite honestly demoralizing for th few who have stayed to be in that situation and the turnaround of players in and out. Thu is probably their last year to tank on purpose. Imagine looks promising early and they have a good chance for a couple of lottery picks aside of their own. Still it will be had to attract any nice free agents until they are serious about winning. Maybe two years away.

I agree that they might be looking for good FAs in 2 or 3 years time but by then they would have handed out or ready to hand out deals to Noel, Embiid, Saric, even maybe Stauskas and then Okafor and their 2016 lottery picks would be in line to get paid as well. I don't doubt that some FA they throw a lot of cash at would agree to go there despite them being so bad, but would they even have the cap space when it would matter? I think Hinkie would have to be doing a lot of trading and he might not get equal value.

I just don't understand why they don't seem to be doing anything to develop their players. Don't see how Hinkie would come to the conclusion that giving them minutes while putting them in an impossible situation and demoralizing them will help them grow. He's got 2(3) young bigs - why not try to sign a vet point guard at least - someone who could ease their transition, who could assist them on some easy buckets to help them grow their confidence. Not even talking about someone really good and hard to get but someone like Jarret Jack, Ty Lawson, Jameer Nelson, even old man Andre Miller ffs.

100%duncan
11-19-2015, 07:11 AM

Good point. Tanking each year only brings you so far. If you keep on doing it without getting some low risk high reward types of FA's then you're not going to form a team that is going to look good to big time FA's once the time comes. And you're even fucked more if your rookies don't even want to be in your team.

BillMc
11-19-2015, 07:33 AM
Speaking of tanking, New Orleans should just bail on this season already and try to get a stud to pair with Davis. The one year tank (ala Spurs for Timmy...just kidding:lol) is the way to go. I don't follow much college ball though so I don't know how solid the draft will be come next summer.

100%duncan
11-19-2015, 07:56 AM
Speaking of tanking, New Orleans should just bail on this season already and try to get a stud to pair with Davis. The one year tank (ala Spurs for Timmy...just kidding:lol) is the way to go. I don't follow much college ball though so I don't know how solid the draft will be come next summer.
Agreed, they pretty much lost their shot at the playoffs. And they already locked Ad for 5 years so it's not like he's leaving them

EVAY
11-19-2015, 08:11 AM

Bickerstaff for the interim, who I don't believe will get them where they want to go.

YGWHI
11-21-2015, 12:01 AM
Tonight's gonna be their first loss? Go Bulls!

Bulls 59-Warriors 59

YGWHI
11-21-2015, 01:00 AM
They never lose...smh.

TheDoctor
11-21-2015, 06:48 PM
They never lose...smh.

Nope. Clippers had the best chance and melted in the final quarter. On paper, I don't see a team beating GSW anytime soon. For real. Maybe the Cavs on Xmas Day? Dubs not playing the Spurs till the end of January.

SAGirl
11-21-2015, 07:44 PM
Nope. Clippers had the best chance and melted in the final quarter. On paper, I don't see a team beating GSW anytime soon. For real. Maybe the Cavs on Xmas Day? Dubs not playing the Spurs till the end of January.
I agree, not if they are all healthy... and by all I don't mean Bogut or marginal players. I mean someone significant in their best lineup has to take a tumble. Things like this is where we don't have an advantage in the RS. We are indeed an old team and need to preserve and sit guys, and we have some important guys in the team that at some point will tweak something.

Not wishing injuries on any player or team though. Those kinds of things just jinx us.

TheDoctor
11-22-2015, 06:05 PM
lol, the Clippers are a joke of a team right now :lmao

YGWHI
11-23-2015, 02:07 PM
lol, the Clippers are a joke of a team right now :lmao

"After a Sunday matinee loss (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/derozan-raptors-beat-clippers-91-80-231553304--nba.html) to the Toronto Raptors (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/tor/) during which the Clips trailed by as many as 29 points, reserve forward Josh Smith (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/9928/) was "involved in a frustration-fueled argument" with "an unspecified Clipper coach," with "profanities and yelling" audible through the Clippers' locker room walls."

TheDoctor
12-03-2015, 01:50 PM
First Look at the 2016 NBA All-Star Game unis!

TheDoctor
12-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Not at all. I like them a lot. Old school font, simple but clever design, they're great imo.

Cry Havoc
12-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Someone on Reddit posted Soccer jerseys for each team. I thought some of them were really fucking nice:

http://imgur.com/a/xGbeA

Standouts for me: Houston, TPups, Dubs, Pelis, Suns, Kings

TheDoctor
12-04-2015, 12:24 AM
Someone on Reddit posted Soccer jerseys for each team. I thought some of them were really fucking nice:

http://imgur.com/a/xGbeA

Standouts for me: Houston, TPups, Dubs, Pelis, Suns, Kings

Wow, most of them are really great. Loving the Nuggets too. That Roxs faded jersey reminds me of one of Barça's alternates.

TheDoctor
12-05-2015, 07:22 PM
Well, Toronto hanging up with the Warriors. 102-100 2:30min remaining in the 4th quarter.

TheDoctor
12-05-2015, 07:30 PM
106-105 GS 0:44 secs 4th quarter

SAGirl
12-05-2015, 07:33 PM
106-105 GS 0:44 secs 4th quarter
Lowry with the 39 points. Exposing Curry' s defense. Too bad Toronto hasn't gotten good contributions from anyone else.

TheDoctor
12-05-2015, 07:43 PM
Lowry with the 39 points. Exposing Curry' s defense. Too bad Toronto hasn't gotten good contributions from anyone else.

You're correct. Plus CoJo with 3 straight weird plays.

TheDoctor
12-06-2015, 12:06 AM
Damn, Paul George having another monster game.

48pts/8rebs/3asts/3stls (8/11 3pt) in 41mins

But lost to the Jazz 122-119

Paul George has been playing lights out for the last couple weeks now. Just a scary thought at what might have been the possibility of PG and KL playing together.

YGWHI
12-06-2015, 12:25 AM
Damn, Paul George having another monster game.

48pts/8rebs/3asts/3stls (8/11 3pt) in 41mins

But lost to the Jazz 122-119

Paul George has been playing lights out for the last couple weeks now. Just a scary thought at what might have been the possibility of PG and KL playing together.

27 FGA...and lost the last two games against WC teams. That's part of the issue, like the Rockets, having a guy taking almost 30 shots per game is not a sustainable offense, they need more versatility, more players involved...

TheDoctor
12-12-2015, 10:42 PM
Worriers gassed. Bucks pounding the paint.

$pursDynasty
12-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Monroe is destroying them, a good big man can do damage to the Dubs

Fireball
12-12-2015, 10:46 PM
finally ...

TheDoctor
12-12-2015, 10:53 PM
Same happened with Brooklyn. BroLo and their bigs gave GShowers problems all night.

TheDoctor
12-13-2015, 12:48 AM
Worriers players after the loss:

Steph: 33 (Lakers' record) was within our grasp; its sucks

Klay: Nah. Bucks didn't shut us down; we missed shots. No one shut us down

Draymond: Credit to the Bucks, they swarmed us all night. Finally we can have a regular season now

YGWHI
12-13-2015, 12:54 AM

Believe! :toast

TheDoctor
12-13-2015, 01:05 AM

lol Nice!

SAGirl
12-13-2015, 01:08 AM
Worriers players after the loss:

Steph: 33 (Lakers' record) was within our grasp; its sucks

Klay: Nah. Bucks didn't shut us down; we missed shots. No one shut us down

Draymond: Credit to the Bucks, they swarmed us all night. Finally we can have a regular season now

Wow, can't believe their spark plug and fiercest player, Draymond is the voice of reason in all that. I have to say Draymond is probably their 2nd best player and he really is the heart and soul of that team. When he came into his game is when they took the team to another level.

Props to Draymond for keeping it classy.

The other two, bulletin board material indeed.

I do believe Kawhi will enjoy eating them up.

TheDoctor
12-13-2015, 01:17 AM
Wow, can't believe their spark plug and fiercest player, Draymond is the voice of reason in all that. I have to say Draymond is probably their 2nd best player and he really is the heart and soul of that team. When he came into his game is when they took the team to another level.

Props to Draymond for keeping it classy.

The other two, bulletin board material indeed.

I do believe Kawhi will enjoy eating them up.

I thought the same thing.

After hearing Steph and Klay comments, I expected the worse from Draymond but felt weird afterwards. Kudos to him, for now, I suppose. Fuck him from tomorrow onwards.

K...
12-13-2015, 11:18 PM

from a style standpoint, those shirts are actually pretty nice. Unless they put a bunch of sponsors on the back then its' worthless junk.

I checked Ebay and I don't see anyone for sale. I might pay like $10 for an obscure historical artifact.

SpursforSix
12-13-2015, 11:27 PM
from a style standpoint, those shirts are actually pretty nice. Unless they put a bunch of sponsors on the back then its' worthless junk.

I checked Ebay and I don't see anyone for sale. I might pay like $10 for an obscure historical artifact.

Much cheaper than getting one for $15,000,000 per year.
JK.
:flag:

Beaverfuzz
12-13-2015, 11:29 PM
What the fuck is this shit?

SpursforSix
12-13-2015, 11:32 PM
What the fuck is this shit?

That should be the tag line for the whole site.

BillMc
12-17-2015, 06:59 AM
Small vid with a glimpse into the Spurs' practice. Not really thread-worthy so I figured I'd park it here.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14383841

playbonner15
12-17-2015, 09:08 AM
Small vid with a glimpse into the Spurs' practice. Not really thread-worthy so I figured I'd park it here.

Nice :toast. I wonder if Pop still shouts at Tim if he makes mistakes :lol

BillMc
12-17-2015, 09:23 AM
Nice :toast. I wonder if Pop still shouts at Tim if he makes mistakes :lol

I would guess so, if only to show the others that if the Franchise gets yelled at, you can too.

SAGirl
12-17-2015, 11:15 PM

Very nice clip. Thanks for sharing.
:toast
So exciting to get a small glimpse of the work put up by our guys in the gym.

Noticeable: I don't know when it was filmed but I saw J.Simms practicing as Danny's understudy in the starting lineup. For sure we see Pop experimenting behind closed doors and some of that we see in games with Kawhi's chemistry finding J.Simms for transition buckets.

I saw Danny with the white bench uniform, and Kyle. I think Manu practices lightly and they probably go more at it with Kawhi/J.Simms vs Kyle/Danny. Uber-athletic team vs. not so athletic team. Hardly seems fair Pop!

I can see where competing against each other helps each guy out.

TheDoctor
12-18-2015, 11:51 PM
Golden Showers allowed a 70 point 1st half to Milwaukee :lmao Bucks up 12.

Worriers fans must be wiping their shitted asses with them 10-18 shirts right now.

YGWHI
12-19-2015, 01:48 AM
If Colangelo thinks the best hope for the Sixers is Mike D'Antoni...

TheDoctor
12-19-2015, 02:05 AM
If Colangelo thinks the best hope for the Sixers is Mike D'Antoni...

Strange moves overall. If the FO still wants to tank, why bring MD'A and Colangelo? Unless they are determined that this will be their last year of tanking those moves do not make sense. Difficult to develop young players to their max potential in a losing culture without proved veterans.

SAGirl
12-19-2015, 03:01 AM
Strange moves overall. If the FO still wants to tank, why bring MD'A and Colangelo? Unless they are determined that this will be their last year of tanking those moves do not make sense. Difficult to develop young players to their max potential in a losing culture without proved veterans.

I think at this point, they are under very high pressure from the league and other owners.

The situation with Okafor and their young players has gotten out of hand. The environment is detrimental to their development and you have to wonder if without any pressure they would have gotten it together at some future point and how many years it would take them.

I read several reports where other franchise owners at this point were fed up with the 76ers franchise bc it is costing them money. They have a large market and their team is so bad that even selling tickets against them for other teams is at an all time low.

They have to start turning things around. Probably will tank this year but they had to get a real look at what they have and get a plan together for what they want to do moving forward, which to this point they didn't seem to have any kind of plan other than collecting assets. Its demoralizing to players.

TheDoctor
01-25-2017, 09:54 PM
LOL Cavs getting cucked by the Kings. Dont know if they gonna pulled it but its hilarious anyway :lol

TheDoctor
01-25-2017, 09:58 PM
GM LeBron playing that subtweet to perfection :lmao

We need help :lol

We need another playmaker :lol

GSH
01-25-2017, 10:33 PM
You had to revive this, one of my most hated threads of all time? Wanker.:lol

BillMc
01-25-2017, 10:40 PM

At least he didn't bump that damn Jimmer thread.

GSH
01-25-2017, 10:43 PM
At least he didn't bump that damn Jimmer thread.

The kind of day I've had? I think my head would have exploded. (Which means that someone is probably doing to bump the damn thing, just to see if my head really will explode. :lol) That seems like a good reason to go to bed.

BillMc
01-25-2017, 10:46 PM
The kind of day I've had? I think my head would have exploded. (Which means that someone is probably doing to bump the damn thing, just to see if my head really will explode. :lol) That seems like a good reason to go to bed.
I can relate.

Tomorrow will be a better day.....maybe....

Of course, since you mentioned your head exploding its only a matter of time until someone posts that "Scanners" gif. :lol

TheDoctor
01-25-2017, 11:08 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

tonight...you
01-25-2017, 11:14 PM

I don't care what none of ya'll say: this here be my man. He puts out more entertaining posts (though I may not agree with them all...) than most here.
And they got teeth too. Not just goofy shit.

I drop you's the Kudos, my man.

Tonight...
https://media1.giphy.com/media/CWzWRyW2Vzyw0/200_s.gif
You.

TheDoctor
01-25-2017, 11:40 PM
Tell them more homie :toast Unleash that fury.