PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Charlie Hustle: No Way I'm Letting A Sissy Like Tim Duncan Bully Me

Buddy Mignon
11-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Lol... this shit is getting good. I wonder how that feels for someone to take your bread and do he what he wants then tell you to fuck off, faggot.

Basketball star Tim Duncan wants out of the wine business. The 15-time NBA All-Star is suing Charles Banks, the founder and managing partner of Terroir Capital, which owns or manages 16 different wineries in California, Oregon, New Zealand, South Africa and Burgundy, over Duncan's investments in Terroir's winery and hotel projects, as well as a sports merchandising company. The San Antonio Spur claims Banks lost $20 million of his money.

Banks denies the allegations and says that Duncan is using the lawsuit as leverage to cash out early on limited partnership investments with fixed time periods. "It's frustrating because this is a business discussion, not a legal discussion," Banks told Wine Spectator. "They're suing to push me to buy him out."

Duncan, 38, has already established himself as a legend on the basketball court. Now in his 18th season with the San Antonio Spurs, the 6'11" power forward has helped win five NBA championships. Off the court, he's known as an intelligent, reserved man who has built an impressive charitable foundation.

Banks had a basketball career too—as a backup at the University of Georgia—but now he's an emerging star in the wine business. From 1992 to 2006, he worked as a financial advisor for pro athletes at CSI Capital Management. Wine was a hobby, but in 2000 he invested in a new Santa Barbara winery called Jonata. In 2006, he and real-estate developer Stan Kroenke bought Napa Valley's Screaming Eagle.

After Banks left both of those wineries, he founded Terroir Capital, inviting a select group to invest in building a winery company from scratch. In just four years, he's assembled a portfolio of brands that produce 500,000 cases annually and range from legendary Napa winery Mayacamas to Santa Barbara pioneer Qupé to Oregon's Evening Land, as well as smaller stakes in hotels and restaurants.

Duncan met Banks in 1998, during his rookie season, and retained Banks and CSI as financial advisors. After Banks left CSI, he offered Duncan a stake in several investments he was putting together, including a sports merchandising company called Gameday Entertainment that Banks is chairman of and two funds at Terroir. According to Banks, Duncan is a significant investor in Terroir's hotel fund and a small investor in the winery fund.

Duncan now claims Banks abused his trust. “Over the course of 17 years, I invested in a series of opportunities presented by Charles Banks, on his assurance that we were working together for my family’s long-term financial security,” Duncan said in a statement. “Banks exploited my good intentions and our relationship for his personal gain and my substantial loss.” He accuses Banks of breach of fiduciary duty and is seeking at least $1 million in damages.

In the lawsuit, filed Jan. 29 in a San Antonio court, Duncan says Banks persuaded him to make a $7.5 million loan to Gameday in 2012, which would be repaid over 5 years at 12 percent interest. The complaint alleges Gameday failed to make all the payments. Duncan also claims Banks collected a 20 percent fee that he never agreed to.

"It's completely false," responds Banks. "He has been paid. It's been a good investment for him. He's made over $2 million since October 2012." As for his fees, "Of course there are fees. I'm in the private equity business."

Duncan's complaint goes on to allege that, "Banks also encouraged, promoted, hustled and advised Duncan to invest in several wineries and investment funds that he controls. Banks has used these wineries and funds to secure substantial income for himself, but they have yet to return much, if anything, to Duncan."

Banks finds the complaint surprising. Terroir made its first purchase in May 2011. "The fund's investment period is five years. We expect to be paying a dividend later this year," he said.

He argues that Duncan agreed to certain minimum investment periods but is now trying to cash out early. "I knew that Tim was unhappy because he wanted to get out of some of his investments after his divorce," he said. "But we've got some terrific investments and I'm not going to let Tim Duncan or anyone else bully me into changing the fund and possibly hurting other investors."

A court date for the suit has not yet been set.

Update: Charles Banks never completed a deal for ownership in Evening Land Vineyards, he subsequently confirmed to Wine Spectator.

Chingo Bling
11-12-2015, 05:26 PM
How much of your life have you invested in Naruto, puto? You should sue those guys for lack of return.

Buddy Mignon
11-12-2015, 05:29 PM
How much of your life have you invested in Naruto, puto? You should sue those guys for lack of return.

A better question would be how much of your life do you have invested in me, beener.

Koolaid_Man
11-12-2015, 05:33 PM
I wonder when the ass fucking allegations gonna come out...how can Tammy claim the dude persuaded him...that's a total fucking bullshit arguement...didn't that nikka go to Wake Forest with that bullshit Psychology degree :lol

Raven
11-12-2015, 05:39 PM
12% interest and 20% fee? :lol:lol:lol

Koolaid_Man
11-12-2015, 05:43 PM

:lmao ain't ya boy a horrible business man...good thing det nikka know how to play ball...he's a full blown retard fur someone det graduated Wake Forest...

Buddy Mignon
11-12-2015, 05:47 PM

I've seen much worse... much worse. Im trying to find the article where KG convinced Duncan to invest in a Fund that tanked and KG didn't even invest in it.

Chingo Bling
11-12-2015, 05:48 PM
A better question would be how much of your life do you have invested in me, beener.

I read one pinche post and know all I need, vavoso. So muddle your way to my chile.

Buddy Mignon
11-12-2015, 05:49 PM
I wonder when the ass fucking allegations gonna come out...how can Tammy claim the dude persuaded him...that's a total fucking bullshit arguement...didn't that nikka go to Wake Forest with that bullshit Psychology degree :lol

He's not as mental as he portrays himself. I've noticed his free throws have always sucked.

benefactor
11-12-2015, 05:49 PM
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn70/Frets_fire/Naruto_GIF.gif

Chingo Bling
11-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Y'all worried about what a millionaire does with his feria while you post from the phone mommy got you. LOL

Stuck in your room watching chapter 134.

Koolaid_Man
11-12-2015, 05:56 PM
I've seen much worse... much worse. Im trying to find the article where KG convinced Duncan to invest in a Fund that tanked and KG didn't even invest in it.

Now it's clearer why KG just be bitch slapping that nigga at will...

https://youtu.be/WrfLiFibG4

Buddy Mignon
11-12-2015, 06:12 PM
Now it's clearer why KG just be bitch slapping that nigga at will...

https://youtu.be/WrfLiFibG4

I'll find it. It went something like... Charlie Hustle needed like 7 million to dump into one of his ventures and KG suggested he convince Jim to do it. Hustle told him KG was in so Jim forked over the money... straight down the fucking drain.

illmatic
11-12-2015, 07:55 PM
I'll find it. It went something like... Charlie Hustle needed like 7 million to dump into one of his ventures and KG suggested he convince Jim to do it. Hustle told him KG was in so Jim forked over the money... straight down the fucking drain.

Ah my first kiss. There was this guy friend of mine when I was in high school and we were pretending to be actors, and we were filming this short film where we had to kiss. We didn't do an open mouth kiss or anything, just lips to lip for a few seconds and that was that, but yeah, technically that was my first kiss. My first kiss with a girl was with a treo of girls, kissing all three of them because they were friends and shared everything, but that's my thang ya know?

Splits
11-12-2015, 08:08 PM
:lol "lips to lip" luva wasn't acting, he was engorging another man's lip in his mouth for his first kiss

Silver&Black
11-12-2015, 08:27 PM
:lmao "Pretending to be actors"

benefactor
11-12-2015, 08:31 PM
:lmao "Pretending to be actors"
:lol

Narutoluva
11-12-2015, 11:16 PM
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn70/Frets_fire/Naruto_GIF.gif

Xevious
11-13-2015, 12:09 AM
My sources tell me that the Lakers are going to be really good this season. What do you guys think?

Koolaid_Man
11-13-2015, 08:05 AM

So I read up on it....what I want to know is why two high schoolers like Kobe and KG banking like a muthafucker while Ivy league grad Tammy is losing money hand over foot....:lol for Cully.......at any rate found out that Banks is making KG millions...check it out:

In addition to managing the Terroir Capital investments, Mr. Banks is also the Chairman of Gameday, a sports marketing and apparel company. In 2010 Mr. Banks (in collaboration with William Morris Endeavor agency), represented 14-year NBA All-Star Kevin Garnett of the Boston Celtics in a groundbreaking footwear and apparel deal inChina.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/catalyst-creative-ventures-to-launch-brand-management-co-117998239.html

Koolaid_Man
11-13-2015, 08:13 AM

Here is some of it....:lmao Rumor has it KG pulled out....

Instead, he told Duncan that he, and others - including fellow NBA star Kevin Garnett - were investing in the firm and wanted to know if Duncan wanted in. Banks initially sought $500,000 from the NBA champion, but later asked for $1.1 million, which Duncan gave. Duncan is seeking his investment back, plus punitive damages against Banks.

I guess Tammy should be suing himself for being so gullible...Banks could have literally asked that dude for anything and he would have handed it over no question....something aint right in Tammys head tbh

http://m.wealthmanagement.com/blog/tim-duncan-sues-financial-advisor-again

Buddy Mignon
11-13-2015, 08:18 AM
Here is some of it....:lmao Rumor has it KG pulled out....

I guess Tammy should be suing himself for being so gullible...Banks could have literally asked that dude for anything and he would have handed it over no question....something aint right in Tammys head tbh

http://m.wealthmanagement.com/blog/tim-duncan-sues-financial-advisor-again

http://yardstickwines.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Charles-Banks.jpg

midnightpulp
11-13-2015, 08:24 AM
http://yardstickwines.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Charles-Banks.jpg

How's that playoff run looking, Luva?

6th seed :lol

Buddy Mignon
11-13-2015, 10:18 AM

This bothers you all... I know it does. You guys painted this lame ass narrative that Jim was so perfect and different. Turns out he's just a regular ol limp dick nigga with poor money managment skills. Don't feel bad, mid... Kareem went through the same shit. Some swindlers blew his wealth in the 80's. I wouldn't be surprised if Jim was forced to play another 5 years.

I. Hustle
11-13-2015, 10:21 AM
This bothers you all... I know it does. You guys painted this lame ass narrative that Jim was so perfect and different. Turns out he's just a regular ol limp dick nigga with poor money managment skills. Don't feel bad, mid... Kareem went through the same shit. Some swindlers blew his wealth in the 80's. I wouldn't be surprised if Jim was forced to play another 5 years.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i229/Sora-Sol/Funny/1171654131676.jpg
LOL

Strong deflection attempt

midnightpulp
11-13-2015, 10:44 AM

As long as it doesn't affect Duncan's on court play, I couldn't care less. You're like a woman being concerned with the personal lives of players and celebrities.

And a side note, why does Charles Barkley 2.0 continue to his ass busted by PFs with length? I told you that short armed nigga was a bust. Your initial instincts were correct.

I. Hustle
11-13-2015, 10:56 AM
As long as it doesn't affect Duncan's on court play, I couldn't care less. You're like a woman being concerned with the personal lives of players and celebrities.

This

We're watching sports not real housewives. As long as he isn't doing anything illegal and shows up to help my team win, WGAF.

Only bitches care about celebrity shit. How much money they make/lose, who they are dating, etc.

Buddy Mignon
11-13-2015, 11:52 AM

And a side note, why does Charles Barkley 2.0 continue to his ass busted by PFs with length? I told you that short armed nigga was a bust. Your initial instincts were correct.

It cost you at least one title. Imagine waking up one morning realizing you're wife is leaving you... then in typical fashion Jim runs to hide his investments and lo-and-behold... the loot has been stolen. Depression kicks in and suicidal thoughts surface. I'm surpised Jim didn't sue that Gil guy.

Silver&Black
11-13-2015, 02:04 PM

15th seed at the moment....:lol

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2015, 02:50 PM
Lol... this shit is getting good. I wonder how that feels for someone to take your bread and do he what he wants then tell you to fuck off, faggot.

Sorry to break this to you but that is exactly what's happening when boyfriend picks you up at dawn & you hand him over the cash you earned prostituting.

Buddy Mignon
09-23-2016, 10:32 AM
this title made it on the front page of google... hehe

Fabbs
09-23-2016, 10:34 AM

Spunky,
Use my credit card if you have to.
https://www.amazon.com/Get-Life-William-Shatner/dp/0671021311

benefactor
09-23-2016, 12:02 PM
Guess what comes up when you type in Ghost of Gashir

DMC
09-24-2016, 03:09 PM
http://www.suspectpaki.com/uploaded_images/skawaiting.jpg

Silver&Black
09-24-2016, 04:35 PM
Guess what comes up when you type in Ghost of Gashir

I am waiting for that special someone. Luva has dated and been disappointed by the offerings out there, to many women seem to care only about comparing me to ohter guys they have dated, and then they don't hang around long enough to really get to know the silky smoothness of Luva.

I've tried the dating website thing, but those girls are often guys, and I've been embarrassed at least once, well into a date when the truth rudely flops out. pokes out or, on one occasion, is "formally introduced" to me.

I would like to keep it simple though, Japanese women only and even then I am not interested in fat ones. You can be fat on your own time, that's fine, I don't have anything against you, I just like my softness in specific areas, not all over.

Let me break it down for you though:

I am a Pakistani male, age ... let's say less than 35 but old enough to be well versed in the finer sex.

I am a fantastic lover, and I can cook. I have the full collection of Naruto Shippuden. I have action figures and one of my hobbies is to spend days going around my apartment being the Ghost of Gashir. It's really fun to escape into a different world.

I am a professional restuaranteur, with emphasis on fine dining. I am not overweight, in fact I would say I am slim.

I was an all star in high school basketball, and I can still keep it wet from downtown if you know what I mean.

Drop me a PM, let me know about you though, like what do you think of me?

I also love the Lakers, most of all, and even though I have considered becoming a Heat fat, I will probably just keep my head down until this mediocer craze blows over.

Thanks for reading..

Luva

09-24-2016, 06:19 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

DeRozan m8
09-26-2016, 05:44 PM
It blows my mind how cut OP gets over Tim still hahah

We stay winning