PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could stop curry from chewing that mouthpiece

Kikoluna
11-12-2015, 10:01 PM
I know some of you are anal about the spurs forum and the NBA forum guidelines but the nba forum seems foreign to me. I just want to vent on the annoyance of curry overall. That mouthpiece is driving me nuts on tnt. Why! !!! Why does he have to chew it and expose it. Also I'm tired of the "best shooter ever" label. Give me 1993 Reggie miller anyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Let the torta jokes come...As if I'm the only ****** here

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2015, 10:09 PM
:lol Reggie Miller

lilbthebasedgod
11-12-2015, 10:13 PM
I'd rather stop curry being so good, but idk that may be good too

james evans
11-12-2015, 10:23 PM
january 25. as long as parker isn't guarding him and the refs aren't allowing them to set these illegal ass picks, his ass is locked down

BatManu20
11-12-2015, 10:34 PM
Curry is the greatest shooter ever.

SpurPadre
11-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Eh, it's annoying but I'm sure non-Spurs fans feel the same way about TD's ball wrap thing.

ducks
11-12-2015, 10:58 PM
He will be worn out my playoffs

Josh810
11-12-2015, 11:18 PM
Eh, it's annoying but I'm sure non-Spurs fans feel the same way about TD's ball wrap thing.

He doesn't do it constantly throughout the whole game.

larrychen21
11-12-2015, 11:25 PM
curry>miller

unleashbaynes
11-12-2015, 11:38 PM
Curry is unreal. That being said who the fuck wears a mouth piece to play basketball? Symptom of a soft generarion, imo.

DeRozan m8
11-12-2015, 11:44 PM
Curry is unreal. That being said who the fuck wears a mouth piece to play basketball? Symptom of a soft generarion, imo.

In his defense, he's not playing in the local G grade comp.

Its the NBA, champ, shit happens

resistanze
11-13-2015, 12:05 AM

Brian Windhorst
11-13-2015, 01:09 AM
I've seen a dude get his mouth totally fucked up on a BBall court to the point of needing multiple dental surgeries. Actually got me called up to play for the main squad in school so I aint mad. I wouldn't wear one cause it would distract me, but I understand it.

SpurPadre
11-13-2015, 01:13 AM
I'm more annoyed by his daughter than his mouthpiece, tbh.

MI21
11-13-2015, 01:16 AM
I don't particularly like Steph Curry but he is the greatest shooter in basketball, probably ever.

SpurPadre
11-13-2015, 01:21 AM
Reggie Miller wasn't as good as Curry but you guys are making it seem like Reggie wasn't a quality player, which he definitely was.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-13-2015, 01:48 AM

Obstructed_View
11-13-2015, 04:22 AM
Great player, but the mouthpiece thing is gross.

ceperez
11-13-2015, 05:44 AM
I know some of you are anal about the spurs forum and the NBA forum guidelines but the nba forum seems foreign to me. I just want to vent on the annoyance of curry overall. That mouthpiece is driving me nuts on tnt. Why! !!! Why does he have to chew it and expose it. Also I'm tired of the "best shooter ever" label. Give me 1993 Reggie miller anyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Let the torta jokes come...As if I'm the only ****** here

Reggie Miller??? Reggie Miller was likely a little better than Curry's dad.

Curry definitely appears to be the best shooter ever. The guy can shoot from half court with a high percentage.

Horry Hipcheck
11-13-2015, 05:45 AM
Curry is off the charts in terms of talent and consistency. That mouthpiece, for all the good it does, needs to stay in his god damn mouth.

r0drig0lac
11-13-2015, 05:53 AM
Curry is the greatest shooter ever.

and it is not close

ceperez
11-13-2015, 06:02 AM
and it is not close

That's the truth. If the Spurs are going to win it all, they have to shut Curry down.

Fireball
11-13-2015, 07:39 AM
Draymond Greens constant bickering o the refs is much worse ... surpassing the Clippers tbh

r0drig0lac
11-13-2015, 08:01 AM
That's the truth. If the Spurs are going to win it all, they have to shut Curry down.

Yes, I just hope that by then the referees began to see their illegal screens

Russo21
11-13-2015, 10:08 AM
First off, I love watching Curry play. You have to appreciate offensive greatness, he is killing teams out there. But yes, that mouthpiece things is gross, I have hated it for years. LeBron does it but not as much anymore. Never noticed Jordan and Kobe even wear a mouthpiece? I've been watching the Spurs for 20 years and I just can't remember seeing the Admiral, Duncan, Manu, TP or anyone wearing mouthguards? Do they just wear clear ones and never take them out of their mouths during games or not wear them at all? Back when I used to play ball a team mate lost half a tooth coming down from a rebound. The tooth was stuck in the other guys head and he gave it back to my mate and he got the dentist to put his tooth back together. So they are necessary, I HATE the chewing. And do any Spurs wear mouthguards? I'm just happy they keep them in their damn mouths if thy do wear one. Curry a great player, but please stop with the mouthguard thing.

boutons_deux
11-13-2015, 10:12 AM
Curry chewing his mouthpiece is as bad as Steve Nash licking his fingers, which he admitted it was horrible habit he couldn't stop.

DenialTwist
11-13-2015, 10:29 AM
january 25. as long as parker isn't guarding him and the refs aren't allowing them to set these illegal ass picks, his ass is locked down

Um, Pop always puts Parker on Curry to start games against the Warriors. I remember hearing one of the analysts on an ESPN pod say why doesn't Pop just put Green or Kawhi on Curry to start games instead of the traditional matchup? It's so hard to contain him. Right now Curry is unstoppable, he is scoring more points than playing minutes lol unreal. A long distance three ball for Curry is a layup for him.

Cry Havoc
11-13-2015, 11:54 AM

Steph Curry has 4 20 point quarters this season.

Last year, Westbrook led all players in 20 point quarters for the season.

He had 4 of those.

Curry is in another stratosphere. He's playing at a level unsurpassed by any other point guard in league history. If he can maintain it, he'll be one of the greatest players of all time without a second thought.

DBMethos
11-13-2015, 11:55 AM
First off, I love watching Curry play. You have to appreciate offensive greatness, he is killing teams out there. But yes, that mouthpiece things is gross, I have hated it for years. LeBron does it but not as much anymore. Never noticed Jordan and Kobe even wear a mouthpiece? I've been watching the Spurs for 20 years and I just can't remember seeing the Admiral, Duncan, Manu, TP or anyone wearing mouthguards? Do they just wear clear ones and never take them out of their mouths during games or not wear them at all? Back when I used to play ball a team mate lost half a tooth coming down from a rebound. The tooth was stuck in the other guys head and he gave it back to my mate and he got the dentist to put his tooth back together. So they are necessary, I HATE the chewing. And do any Spurs wear mouthguards? I'm just happy they keep them in their damn mouths if thy do wear one. Curry a great player, but please stop with the mouthguard thing.

S-Jax comes to mind. He wasn't gross with it like Curry though.

Cry Havoc
11-13-2015, 11:56 AM

:lmao Are you serious, kid? You ever been bodied by someone who's 6'9" and weighs 280? You call people soft, when's the last time you did anything "hard"? :lol

Chingo Bling
11-13-2015, 12:01 PM

He had 4 of those.

Curry is in another stratosphere. He's playing at a level unsurpassed by any other point guard in league history. If he can maintain it, he'll be one of the greatest players of all time without a second thought.

Curry is a son of bish. He is just kickin ass left and right. It would take too mush for him to do this for years. Not saying it's no possible pero, ay buey, those half court no look behind the back off the glass chots aren't always going to fall. For now that little vato is killin them the way I slay Blake's ex shick and Buddy's mom with her slanted chocha.

Chingo Bling
11-13-2015, 12:03 PM
:lmao Are you serious, kid? You ever been bodied by someone who's 6'9" and weighs 280? You call people soft, when's the last time you did anything "hard"? :lol

He just saying that chit porque he's 5'9" 280. Soft? No mames

MultiTroll
11-13-2015, 12:14 PM
As noted, his march to the Championship last year must have been the weakest opponents guarding in 40 years.
Fluke injuries to other teams guards, etc.

Will be interesting to see who Popped puts on him.
We can only hope Pop reverts to 2014 Real Coach.
If it's the Porker show it will be Curry gets Kid Gloves continued.....

TheDoctor
11-13-2015, 12:19 PM

Dude, even Reggie Miller said Curry's a better shooter than he might have been.

Cry Havoc
11-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Curry is a son of bish. He is just kickin ass left and right. It would take too mush for him to do this for years. Not saying it's no possible pero, ay buey, those half court no look behind the back off the glass chots aren't always going to fall. For now that little vato is killin them the way I slay Blake's ex shick and Buddy's mom with her slanted chocha.

I disagree. Shooting percentages for players stays the same across most of their career, with a few exceptions (K:lolbe). Curry could very well shoot at this level his entire career. Of course he's not going to stay over 50% for the season, but as much of an outlier as it is, it's hard to say that he won't be close to 45% from 3 by the end of the season. It's very possible he could do that and continue to be an offensive monster well into his 30s. I mean, ffs, he's 27. He's already hit 52 3s this season. At this rate he's on pace for 400 3s this year. Let's say he only gets 300. Add 250 3s to his current total, and he would be sitting in 24th all time in 3s. At the end of next year he's almost a lock to be in the top 10, as a 29 year old player, and he could be as high as 6th.

300 3s per year means in 3 years, he's adding almost 1000 3s to his total, and that's conservative. Assuming health, by the time Curry hits 30, he'll be 3rd all time from long range in NBA history, and likely have a higher % from deep than any player who's ever picked up a basketball.

He could actually pass Ray Ray before he turns 34. :wow

There's no real debate here. Curry's the best shooter ever. He just has to stay healthy and keep bombing away.

lefty
11-13-2015, 12:48 PM
Put Curry on the 90s Pacers team vs the NYK and watch him cry tbh :lol

:wow Miller would average 50 ppg in today's NBA

dweaver99027
11-13-2015, 12:50 PM
Best shooter ever. I don't care if he shot 20% on spot ups, if he shoots like this of the dribble and off balance and every one of those crazy shots has a good chance to go in, he's the best ever at it. No contest.

NameLess Scrub
11-13-2015, 12:53 PM
He probably chews it to rest the mouth.
Those things might be uncomfortable to wear.

Not saying it looks good though.. if that's the case he might need to try to get better ones.

Chingo Bling
11-13-2015, 01:05 PM
I disagree. Shooting percentages for players stays the same across most of their career, with a few exceptions (K:lolbe). Curry could very well shoot at this level his entire career. Of course he's not going to stay over 50% for the season, but as much of an outlier as it is, it's hard to say that he won't be close to 45% from 3 by the end of the season. It's very possible he could do that and continue to be an offensive monster well into his 30s. I mean, ffs, he's 27. He's already hit 52 3s this season. At this rate he's on pace for 400 3s this year. Let's say he only gets 300. Add 250 3s to his current total, and he would be sitting in 24th all time in 3s. At the end of next year he's almost a lock to be in the top 10, as a 29 year old player, and he could be as high as 6th.

300 3s per year means in 3 years, he's adding almost 1000 3s to his total, and that's conservative. Assuming health, by the time Curry hits 30, he'll be 3rd all time from long range in NBA history, and likely have a higher % from deep than any player who's ever picked up a basketball.

He could actually pass Ray Ray before he turns 34. :wow

There's no real debate here. Curry's the best shooter ever. He just has to stay healthy and keep bombing away.

Math, buey? En serio?

I say, if none of these viejas en San Anto do the brujeria on him, he can do what you just said.

Cry Havoc
11-13-2015, 01:07 PM
He probably chews it to rest the mouth.
Those things might be uncomfortable to wear.

Not saying it looks good though.. if that's the case he might need to try to get better ones.

Yup. Anyone who's played football knows that it's a pain to leave a mouthpiece in for a long time, especially if you have to talk to teammates clearly.

hater
11-13-2015, 01:55 PM
sure. he's a faggot. how is this news?

resistanze
11-13-2015, 02:00 PM

:lol light-skinned negro Kyle Korver

SpursforSix
11-13-2015, 03:06 PM
Curry might not even be alive next year so let's hold off on "Greatest Shooter Ever". Let's just acknowledge that he's doing pretty good right now. If something happens to him, then years from now, we can tell our grandkinds..."Spectral Jones? a good shooter? maybe...but lemmee tell you about a guy named Steph Curry...wasn't around long...but that cat could shoot..."

DMC
11-13-2015, 03:26 PM
Steph is the best shooter the league has ever seen. It's not even close.

ceperez
11-13-2015, 04:57 PM

He had 4 of those.

Just saw the game last night. Steph Curry put on a lot of muscle in the off season.

He's kind of like a Tiger Woods in his prime.

The only player that can stop him fortunately is playing with the Spurs. Unfortunately, Spurs don't meet the Warriors until next year. No time to make adjustments if they get blown away.

11-13-2015, 05:09 PM

:lmao

11-13-2015, 05:12 PM
Curry might not even be alive next year so let's hold off on "Greatest Shooter Ever". Let's just acknowledge that he's doing pretty good right now. If something happens to him, then years from now, we can tell our grandkinds..."Spectral Jones? a good shooter? maybe...but lemmee tell you about a guy named Steph Curry...wasn't around long...but that cat could shoot..."
:lol "Curry never shot 75% from 4 point range granddad"
:lol "antiquated 3 point offense"

11-13-2015, 05:15 PM
As someone who wears mouth guards to sleep(I grind my teeth) I feel for Curry, they get uncomfortable after like 20 minutes.

The illegal screens are more annoying. Every team gets away with them most of the time, but GS sets more screens than the average team, and gets called for illegal screens less it seems like.

HarlemHeat37
11-13-2015, 05:38 PM

:lol Ray Allen didn't, and he was easily better than Reggie's ugly ass, tbh..

TimDunkem
11-13-2015, 05:44 PM
This is like hoping Duncan will stop hugging the ball before games, or hoping that Dirk will stop tugging at his shoulder, or hoping that Parker will stop taking pull-up jumpers off of one screen with 15 seconds on the shot clock. Some players just have long standing habits that, at this point, are second nature and cannot be kicked.

unleashbaynes
11-13-2015, 05:50 PM

At least i don't have my 6/10 girlfriend defending my honor on a message board you Charmin soft piece of shit.

td4mvp2k
11-13-2015, 06:54 PM
:td thread

Cry Havoc
11-13-2015, 08:13 PM
At least i don't have my 6/10 girlfriend defending my honor on a message board you Charmin soft piece of shit.

You can keep trying to dodge your trash take all you want. It's still a trash take.

:lol Get mad though.

:lol From your couch full of cheetos.

james evans
11-13-2015, 11:21 PM
Um, Pop always puts Parker on Curry to start games against the Warriors. I remember hearing one of the analysts on an ESPN pod say why doesn't Pop just put Green or Kawhi on Curry to start games instead of the traditional matchup? It's so hard to contain him. Right now Curry is unstoppable, he is scoring more points than playing minutes lol unreal. A long distance three ball for Curry is a layup for him.
he's unstoppable because he can shoot an open 3 off picks? :wtf

james evans
11-13-2015, 11:22 PM
This is like hoping Duncan will stop hugging the ball before games, or hoping that Dirk will stop tugging at his shoulder, or hoping that Parker will stop taking pull-up jumpers off of one screen with 15 seconds on the shot clock. Some players just have long standing habits that, at this point, are second nature and cannot be kicked.
can you please pm me your avatar? PLEASE!!!

Eggeye
11-14-2015, 01:47 AM
Curry should try this instead.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lsmKQIyJL.jpg

100%duncan
11-14-2015, 09:27 AM
Curry is a faggot, but the greatest shooter of all time prolly.

Reggie miller smh

wut
11-14-2015, 09:45 AM

wut
11-14-2015, 09:46 AM
Just saw the game last night. Steph Curry put on a lot of muscle in the off season.

He's kind of like a Tiger Woods in his prime.

The only player that can stop him fortunately is playing with the Spurs. Unfortunately, Spurs don't meet the Warriors until next year. No time to make adjustments if they get blown away.

Yes and I'd like to give a little credit to Green on times when speedier opponents get by Leonard; he's an important part of shutting down Curry+Klay combo.

weebo
11-14-2015, 11:16 AM
Reggie was damn good, a real HOF talent. IMO, Curry, right now, is on a whole other level.

SpursforSix
11-14-2015, 10:21 PM
:lol "Curry never shot 75% from 4 point range granddad"
:lol "antiquated 3 point offense"

lol

Punk ass kids and their souped up basketball

LarryDavid
11-14-2015, 10:32 PM
:lol light-skinned negro Kyle Korver

:lol:lol:lol

Russo21
11-15-2015, 03:26 AM
S-Jax comes to mind. He wasn't gross with it like Curry though. That's right i remember Jax wearing one to, good memory. He used sport a black one. Struggling to think of another. Either they keep them in their mouth where they belong or don't wear one.

lefty
11-15-2015, 03:30 AM
:lol Ray Allen didn't, and he was easily better than Reggie's ugly ass, tbh..

Mentally Miller shits on Allen tbh

Remember Allen going after Bowen because of his cute physical play?

Ray was a huge mental midget