PDA

View Full Version : Media Still Bashing and Accusing Lamarcus of being a Diva

SAGirl
11-12-2015, 10:11 PM
My God, they never let up:

Aldridge has been harder to read, yet it's a good guess he wouldn't have joined the Spurs if they'd been coming off another NBA title as opposed to a first-round playoff ouster.

The opportunity is there now for Aldridge to get the credit.

Another championship would be credited to the fact that he was brought into the mix.

(And, come to think of it, that would leave Aldridge at least rightly meeting the definition of the word spur.)

It's enough for him to suppress his ego—at least for now.

Listen closely, and you can hear that ego down but not out, yearning to be acknowledged.

It goes on and on through a tirade of inferences that are really invented by the Media. As much as they accused Kawhi of being completely arrogant and disgusting when refusing to do media after the team USA scrimmage, here they are accusing Lamarcus of being egotistical and arrogant.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2588668-unfulfilled-in-portland-lamarcus-aldridge-finding-needs-met-with-ego-less-spurs

lilbthebasedgod
11-12-2015, 10:12 PM
Aldridge BTFO

YGWHI
11-12-2015, 10:15 PM
crofl bleacher report

YGWHI
11-12-2015, 10:21 PM
Aldridge has been harder to read, yet it's a good guess he wouldn't have joined the Spurs if they'd been coming off another NBA title as opposed to a first-round playoff ouster

Not really. In the offseason, the Spurs didn't extend Kawhi's contract to make cap space for a big name free agent. LMA's sign had nothing to do with being eliminated in the first round.

BatManu20
11-12-2015, 10:25 PM
Stopped reading at "Bleacher Report."

itzsoweezee
11-12-2015, 10:25 PM
Kevin Ding, the author, is just a jilted Blazers homer. Pay him no mind.

apalisoc_9
11-12-2015, 10:32 PM
Woj the God of all insider info said the same thing about aldridge and a significant blazers fan know this..I have no idea why spurs fan can't accept personality flaws in their players :lol

Aldridge is a huge diva. He's always had a passive aggressive personality. Thankfully, the spurs have TD,Manu, TP and pop to handle this situation.

Shastafarian
11-12-2015, 10:43 PM

Actually it's funnier than that. He's based in LA and has previously covered the Lakers. LOLakers.

DeRozan m8
11-12-2015, 10:44 PM
Written by a cut Portland bitch hahha

They're so salty he was top scorer yesterday

BillMc
11-12-2015, 11:23 PM
This is the crap bleacher report does. It's par for the course, like reading Playboy and being surprised there are naked women in it.

LaMarcus did seem a tad divaish during the courtship, but since he's come on board, I've been impressed with him. Willing to play good d, passing the ball, hitting the boards when his shots aren't falling, joking with and supporting his teammates. He's actually seems, so far, nothing like a diva and a good fit with Spurs culture.

apalisoc_9
11-12-2015, 11:26 PM
So Bleacher report is so shit? But is woj also shit? :lol

DAF86
11-12-2015, 11:35 PM
From the things I have heard from Aldridge he does come across as a bit of a diva, tbh.

apalisoc_9
11-12-2015, 11:38 PM
I mean just from interviews alone, you can tell hes always been a diva...:lol

dabom
11-12-2015, 11:39 PM
I would feel jilted too if the best player on the team isn't getting the respect he deserves. 3 other starters followed suit after LMA left. Surely they aren't all divas? LMA was holding that team together and everyone felt the same.

SAGirl
11-13-2015, 12:27 AM

Actually it's funnier than that. He's based in LA and has previously covered the Lakers. LOLakers.

Written by a cut Portland bitch hahha

They're so salty he was top scorer yesterday

Thanks for sharing that. Nothing he has said or done since coming here, or even in FA came accross as divaish .. Yes, these guys have an ego. Come on listen to Kawhi talk about wanting to play an MVP season. If you are not aspiring to be the best you will be curbstomped. The divas here are Portland TBH. It was the most biased reporting ever.

daslicer
11-13-2015, 12:34 AM
I don't blame him for having a diva type of attitude considering he was playing with Lillard. Lillard is the typical undersized SG playing as PG who is a chucker. Those type of players are never fun to play with.

DeRozan m8
11-13-2015, 12:44 AM
That's it SA girl.

Thing is too...he could have been the face of a team but chose not too...that whole thing about pat riley getting in his head proves it more so.

RD2191
11-13-2015, 12:46 AM
crofl bleacher report

Brian Windhorst
11-13-2015, 01:01 AM
How can one both A) be a diva that is really concerned with one's image and being the face of a franchise and B) join a team with 4 HOFers where you know you'll get less playing time, fewer shots, and always be living in a certain someone's shadow?

SAGirl
11-13-2015, 01:15 AM
How can one both A) be a diva that is really concerned with one's image and being the face of a franchise and B) join a team with 4 HOFers where you know you'll get less playing time, fewer shots, and always be living in a certain someone's shadow?
:bobo

Completely contradictory. He has been class act toward the Portland fans, and his former teammates, other than Lillard, and even his former coach, say he did not deserve all this criticism. In fact Terry Stotts spoke more about wanting to put guys around Lillard that were on his same career path. The truth is that Lamarcus had already given 9 years to Portland, some of them on shitty teams, and this was his last contract where he could really add to a championship team. Portland had to rebuild since they reached a ceiling, and Lamarcus didn't have to oblige to a rebuild around Lillard TBH. He's as free as Lebron to play with whomever he wants.

Press completely biased. I guess since he didn't do the essay "I am coming home" then he's a diva right? To me Lillard and Portland are just salty.

kawhidoyoudothistome
11-13-2015, 02:22 AM

Boban's shadow is HUGE.

Mr Bones
11-13-2015, 05:06 AM
Three starters had the chance to stay and play with Lilliard and all of them chose to leave. If Aldridge was a diva, wouldn't those other guys have breathed a sigh of relief when the early rumors said he was leaving? I can't help thinking it's Lilliard who's the diva, since every key player who had the opportunity to leave did so. Why leave a team with a talented PG who's fun to play with?

TheGreatYacht
11-13-2015, 06:33 AM
Don't blame him for wanting to get away from Lollard... He's a POS and that franchise was cursed, LMA doesn't want to finish his career going fishing in the first round wondering "what if _____ never got hurt."

Glad he's here and his shots will keep increasing throughout the season. Spurs have been needing that guy you can go to when the offense isn't flowing, like Green said in training camp. He'll be a huge piece in the playoffs.

From Downtown
11-13-2015, 07:00 AM
Don't know if he's a diva or not,but he's clearly trying to fit in our system and he wants to win,so who cares
I doubt the Spurs would have signed him if they knew he was problematic

Old School 44
11-13-2015, 09:09 AM
Woj the God of all insider info said the same thing about aldridge and a significant blazers fan know this..I have no idea why spurs fan can't accept personality flaws in their players :lol

Aldridge is a huge diva. He's always had a passive aggressive personality. Thankfully, the spurs have TD,Manu, TP and pop to handle this situation.

Truth revealed. :toast

daledondale
11-13-2015, 09:21 AM
Don't know if he's a diva or not,but he's clearly trying to fit in our system and he wants to win,so who cares
This.

Chinook
11-13-2015, 09:28 AM

The traded for Jackson having experienced that he was problematic. LMA was a semi-desperation move, in my opinion. I'm not saying that he's a problem child. I'm just saying that he didn't have to be a perfect fit for the Spurs to sign him. Pop felt they needed the talent boost, so they picked up the best talent on the market.

jag
11-13-2015, 09:45 AM

Yep. Pop had to assure him that he could still get his "numbers." I love his talent, but let's just hope he can hit 18-20ppg so he doesn't start acting like a child.

Russo21
11-13-2015, 09:57 AM
TD has this situation well and truly covered, LA won't be a brat in his or Pop's presence. Be happy we signed one of the very best big men in basketball. There is no room for Diva's in the Spurs locker room or you're gone by the trade deadline.

jag
11-13-2015, 10:00 AM
TD has this situation well and truly covered, LA won't be a brat in his or Pop's presence. Be happy we signed one of the very best big men in basketball. There is no room for Diva's in the Spurs locker room or you're gone by the trade deadline.

:lol the Spurs aren't going to trade him if he starts acting like a diva. It'll just get awkward and they'll have to put up with it.

DenialTwist
11-13-2015, 10:24 AM
Nate Jones, an NBA analyst talks about this all the time. He says that the spurs will regret signing LMA because he won't like that Kawhi's usage rate it higher than his.

Lostwingman
11-13-2015, 11:33 AM
I think the "diva" complaints might have more to do with Lillards aggressive commercialization and marketing of himself like he was the greatest thing since Michael Jordan.