PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Is Lebron's reign as the league's best player over?

StrengthAndHonor
11-12-2015, 10:58 PM
Last years MVP is putting up even greater numbers (52/45/92 and a PER of 36) He won't sustain it but he's killing the league right now...this dude is unbelievable and there's a good chance the Warriors may repeat with Curry adding another MVP in his collection.

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2015, 11:04 PM
We'll see in the Finals IMO..

Curry didn't exactly make a statement in last year's Finals, and Lebron was playing with the worst supporting cast in Finals history..this year's should be interesting..

baseline bum
11-12-2015, 11:08 PM
Lebron was playing with the worst supporting cast in Finals history..

What about Shaq's supporting cast in '04?

DPG21920
11-13-2015, 12:17 AM
Maybe, but even if so, it's not by much. People should know by now Lebron coasts more than almost any player in the regular season. Still piles up crazy stats, wins. In the playoffs, like in the finals, you see how dominant he is. It's pretty mind-numbing actually.

resistanze
11-13-2015, 12:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRYFR7Stvio

DAF86
11-13-2015, 12:34 AM

That's fucking ridiculous. :lol

RsxPiimp
11-13-2015, 12:48 AM

Dat release tho :lol

RsxPiimp
11-13-2015, 12:49 AM
Lebron has been on a steady decline, I want to lean towards Curry but I need to see how he finishes the season first...Lebron is still the best, but the margin is so small imho

daslicer
11-13-2015, 12:52 AM
I would say its over. Lebron is still great but its evident he's not as dominant as he once was like during his stretch from '08-'13. He's steadily declining like Tim did after '07.

SAGirl
11-13-2015, 01:29 AM
I would say its over. Lebron is still great but its evident he's not as dominant as he once was like during his stretch from '08-'13. He's steadily declining like Tim did after '07.
He's not the ironman at 30 that he previously was. The back injury is apparently a recurring issue. He has stated he wants to preserve himself for the postseason, meaning he will occassionally defer when he can afford to, and was pushing Love to be aggressive.

Curry is on another level at this point, but so many of those shots are really wide open... some are sheer talent, crazy range shots but of the 46 points, quite a few of them were easy shots.

Buddy Mignon
11-13-2015, 08:23 AM
There's nothing exciting about his game. He's a good shooter and all but so what.

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2015, 08:43 AM
I would like to see Curry in a situation where he can't be hidden on defense & has to guard a legit scoring threat for an entire series. The only defense nowadays seems like to go at him & get him in foul trouble like Chris Paul did during their last meeting. Paul/Redick seems like the only back-court in the Western Conference that would give him trouble especially if Pierce is in the game as a post-up threat.

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2015, 08:49 AM
There's nothing exciting about his game. He's a good shooter and all but so what.

IKR, it would have been more exciting if he was shooting air balls in an empty gym rather than making shots from 30 feet while making professional basketball players look silly.

KwxurH0dGmA

ElNono
11-13-2015, 08:56 AM

that 3 pointer off the screen at the top is gonna be hell to guard...

Chinook
11-13-2015, 09:43 AM
I guess it depends on the criteria. I'd much rather have Lebron over Curry for a game. Steph seems like he gets a lot of bullshit to go in. And while that's great, if he hits a cold spell, he doesn't have anything else. I simply don't like the idea of the best player surviving by hitting difficult shots. I'd rather them be good at getting easy shots.

~O~
11-13-2015, 09:58 AM
He's the best player in the world right now. You want to keep that title, you have to perform. Perform is what he's doing. People who mention Lebron as still the best are holding on to what he did two years ago. ?Curry is the league most valuable player last year and this year. He's not going out there dunking or anything. All he's doing is shooting. He doesn't even have to wear his body down by taking it to the rim through heavy contact. These are types of plays that wear a player down throughout his season and career. That's why curry will stay fresh. He doesn't have to make physical plays to win games. He's not dependent on free throws or bullshit contact to win games. He just needs to outscore you and he will outscore you.

Curry leads in field goals made/attempted, 3 pointers made and attempted, leads in steals, total points in the season, points per game, TS, PER, top 3 in defensive winshares(wtf), offensive winshares, complete winshares/per 48, offensive rating, box +/-, and even Vorp.

Don't know what this 2 year delusion, denial, and time lag is this year but I'm living in the right now. Right now, Curry is the best.

On Lebron, he doesn't want to overexert himself anymore? Pretty much tells the confidence in his health. He doesn't believe he can sustain 82 anymore. He already has stopped defending how he use to since those early Miami days and now gets burnt left and right.

11-13-2015, 11:15 AM
I guess it depends on the criteria. I'd much rather have Lebron over Curry for a game. Steph seems like he gets a lot of bullshit to go in. And while that's great, if he hits a cold spell, he doesn't have anything else. I simply don't like the idea of the best player surviving by hitting difficult shots. I'd rather them be good at getting easy shots.
Even if Curry has a rare off shooting night, he still commands a double or hard hedge in the pnr which creates tons of easy baskets for his teammates. He's also a great finisher nowadays with either hand so he can get plenty of easy shots.

100%duncan
11-13-2015, 10:00 PM
I still got Lebron over him

DAF86
11-13-2015, 10:44 PM

He isn't just a shooter, he's a great slasher, finisher, passer and floor manager. The entire offense of the best team in the NBA revolves pretty much around just him, but the best part is that he doesn't force the issue (outside a few heat checks when he's feeling it), he just plays within the rythm of the offense and makes everyone around him better. It's pretty remarkable to watch.

RsxPiimp
11-13-2015, 11:07 PM
IKR, it would have been more exciting if he was shooting air balls in an empty gym rather than making shots from 30 feet while making professional basketball players look silly.

KwxurH0dGmA

Man, that's just filthy :lmao

Mnky
11-13-2015, 11:21 PM
LeBron, I think takes the edge because he can dominant from multiple positions. Curry can not. If he was lined up with people who could wear him down on offense and knag at him on defense, (like the spurs do) he can be kept to human levels of playing. Even when you throw everything at LeBron, he will still get his. As his athleticisim declines tho, so will his ability to dominate like that. Time will tell how healthy he is, but until he gets knocked off, I won't go against him. Early in the season, teams are adjusting to new coaches and players etc. Warriors are in their same set after a championship season, which much like the spurs did for years, gives a huge lift in the ability to streamline through the season with ease.

Curry, I've said has been the best pg in the league for awhile. Westbrook is now up there with him though, since he's evolved his assist game. I want to see them play each other and see who comes out on top peformance wise.