PDA

View Full Version : Manu and Kawhi questionable for tomorrow

Spurs Brazil
11-13-2015, 06:44 PM
‏@spurs
INJURY REPORT – Manu Ginobili (adductor tightness) & Kawhi Leonard (respiratory infection) are questionable for tomorrow’s Spurs-76ers game.

timtonymanu
11-13-2015, 06:45 PM
AKA rest

daslicer
11-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Looks like the spurs are confident they can win without those two tomorrow.

TD 21
11-13-2015, 06:48 PM
Predictable. I realize these are day to day things, but these two can never stay healthy for long and this is why the lack of a quality fourth wing (Butler is being overrated because he's surprisingly athletic not just for his age, but for a player never considered to be athletic) needs to be addressed at some point.

Kool Bob Love
11-13-2015, 06:49 PM
Kawhi "my boo boo :cry" Leonard.

SAGirl
11-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Looks like the spurs are confident they can win without those two tomorrow.
It would be dicey without the two of them, since our wing rotation is thin if both are out, and realistically speaking they are our two best wing players, but this is a tanking team, so we should be fine.

I don't think we should coast in this one though, without them to rescue a slumbering team.

ElNono
11-13-2015, 06:53 PM
Fortunately it doesn't look like anything serious...

SAGirl
11-13-2015, 06:54 PM
Kawhi will want to play unless his infection is contagious to others.

Manu is likely to be held out. Seriously no need to bring him against the Sixers, let Kyle get some minutes, and call up Simms.

RD2191
11-13-2015, 06:54 PM
Yeah, we'll be in real trouble without these 2 against the powerhouse sixers.

spursistan
11-13-2015, 07:10 PM
Well, looks like a "DNP-Rest" in other words..Manu, to give him an early season breather and Kawhi precautionary after that hard fall..i think we can beat the 76ers without both..

SpurPadre
11-13-2015, 07:39 PM
If Kawhi is out, LMA will look to score 40 on Brett's Sixers.

ElNono
11-13-2015, 08:35 PM
Has Simmons been recalled due to this? I don't see him in the Toros game...

Mikeanaro
11-13-2015, 08:59 PM
Yeah, we'll be in real trouble without these 2 against the powerhouse sixers.
:lol

SAGirl
11-13-2015, 09:02 PM
Has Simmons been recalled due to this? I don't see him in the Toros game...
I am watching it online on and off, and yea he's not there. I suspect they held him out of this game pending a call up. No need to play in this game and risk injury when they might need him tomorrow, but just a guess. Don't they also play tomorrow (Austin Spurs) but that game is in OKC? Its possible right after this game, these guys are taking off for another game tomorrow.

loveforthegame
11-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Hopefully Leonard is sick and it's not because of the fall.

Brian Windhorst
11-13-2015, 10:49 PM
Was concerned until I saw that the 76ers start three human men, apparently NBA players, named Jakarr Sampson, TJ McConnell, and Jerami Grant at the wings.

DAF86
11-13-2015, 11:06 PM
Respiratory infection? The fuck. Wether serious or not Kawhi gets the freakiest injuries/illnesses, tbh.

apalisoc_9
11-13-2015, 11:51 PM
A lower respiratory infection can be a real bitch...kawhi will play if it is an important game...its the sixers though...they probably only have 4 nba caliber players in their team.

spursgu
11-13-2015, 11:53 PM
Spurs could start Bonner and Simmons and still win this by 15+. :lol

Chinook
11-14-2015, 12:02 AM
Predictable. I realize these are day to day things, but these two can never stay healthy for long and this is why the lack of a quality fourth wing (Butler is being overrated because he's surprisingly athletic not just for his age, but for a player never considered to be athletic) needs to be addressed at some point.

It's not a big deal. Pop will play Green and Mills more to compensate for most of the lost minutes. We're talking about Anderson, Butler and Simmons combining for like 45 minutes in the event there's no garbage time. It would make sense to me for Butler to start (defense isn't an issue against Philly's perimeter guys), and Anderson and Simmons will summer league the second unit. The starters should have great spacing for once. I really don't think it's very possible to upgrade over what Butler has currently given the club this season.

Roger Freemason Jr.
11-14-2015, 12:14 AM
Pop doing Brett a solid and allowing him a small chance at their first win. LMA will probably light Okafor up like a Christmas tree.

apalisoc_9
11-14-2015, 12:20 AM
Manu probably rest and im guessing kawhi will be gametime decision.

spursistan
11-14-2015, 12:24 AM
Pop doing Brett a solid and allowing him a small chance at their first win. LMA will probably light Okafor up like a Christmas tree.
fuck Brett Brown..i guess last season should be enough to tell us about the implication of throwing away one single game to scrub teams.

Hoops Czar
11-14-2015, 03:17 AM
‏@spurs
INJURY REPORT – Manu Ginobili (adductor tightness) & Kawhi Leonard (respiratory infection) are questionable for tomorrow’s Spurs-76ers game.

One can only hope Leonard's respiratory infection doesn't spread to his eye.

Hoops Czar
11-14-2015, 03:20 AM
Well, looks like a "DNP-Rest" in other words..Manu, to give him an early season breather and Kawhi precautionary after that hard fall..i think we can beat the 76ers without both..

Yeah, good idea to give Manu an early season breather coming on the heals of two days off. Don't want to tire him out or anything.

jermaine
11-14-2015, 05:46 AM
Kawhi "my boo boo :cry" Leonard.

I know rite!!! I hope he's active on NBA 2k16 thou.... He's a major part of my game. Lol

Horry Hipcheck
11-14-2015, 05:52 AM
If Kawhi is out, LMA will look to score 40 on Brett's Sixers.

The moment I saw Kawhi was listed as questionable, I had this thought. LMA gonna go off for 35+.

TMTTRIO
11-14-2015, 08:27 AM
Sit Manu out for several games and let some of the young guys get some experience. We shouldn't be relying on Manu as much as we have so far.

kawhidoyoudothistome
11-14-2015, 09:20 AM
Like everyone's saying, very excited to see what kind of offense we are when we lean on LMA. SA Blazers.

MultiTroll
11-14-2015, 10:53 AM
I was gonna straight up this one for some easy cabbage. Aint doin the spread.

Now both Kwa and GNob might be out?

Harry Callahan
11-14-2015, 11:54 AM
Apparently one poster cannot differentiate between injured and sick. Another sign this forum has gone downhill.

loveforthegame
11-14-2015, 11:55 AM
Pop wanted to rest Manu the other night but he won the argument to play. Pretty sure he sits tonight.

Not sure what to think of Leonard. Is he really sick or is Pop wanting to buy a couple extra days of rest after his fall? If it's about the fall we're lucky he's only missing one game instead of weeks.

Some might be handwringing over this but Pop is looking at the big picture. :tu

tholdren
11-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Lol. Rest against a terrible team. If spurs can't beat 76ers, there is a larger issue.

Ray west ka Butler Boban getting pt. Also a good look if Aldridge can handle the reins.

spursistan
11-14-2015, 12:08 PM
When the hell did the Kawhi infection happen for us to hear about about less than 24 hours :lol? ..seem like Pop keeping his rest option open, tbh..

Mr. Body
11-14-2015, 12:17 PM
Opportunity for the starters and bench to work things out without their best players.

Xevious
11-14-2015, 12:22 PM
Respiratory infection? The fuck. Wether serious or not Kawhi gets the freakiest injuries/illnesses, tbh.

That's a fancy way of saying he has a cold.

kaji157
11-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Kawhi immune system is shit, never heard a player had so many issues with infections, last year the eye now this.
He has to take more care about what he ingest and be more hygienic if his body is so vulnerable.

spursistan
11-14-2015, 01:39 PM

Confirmation; both are out..

james evans
11-14-2015, 02:29 PM
cmon popovich don't start this bullshit early in the season. We can't afford to underestimate any team.

james evans
11-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Kawhi immune system is shit, never heard a player had so many issues with infections, last year the eye now this.
He has to take more care about what he ingest and be more hygienic if his body is so vulnerable.
cmon man, you're smart enough to know this is bullshit and Popovich is just sitting him out. Dude's immune system is worse than Aids patients according to the spurs. Pop can't just rest players anymore without a reason since the Miami fiasco.

FromWayDowntown
11-14-2015, 02:32 PM
Loss.

TXstbobcat
11-14-2015, 02:40 PM
Don't think it will matter against the 76ers

james evans
11-14-2015, 02:41 PM
Don't think it will matter against the 76ers
I underestimate no team when popovich is experimenting with lineups.

Johnny RIngo
11-14-2015, 03:24 PM
cmon man, you're smart enough to know this is bullshit and Popovich is just sitting him out. Dude's immune system is worse than Aids patients according to the spurs. Pop can't just rest players anymore without a reason since the Miami fiasco.

Pop's just being extra careful with Kawhi. Dude had a very bad fall against the Blazers the other night. Taking the cautious approach and resting him is the safer option. As for Manu? He's old as hell and still playing at a 100 mph. His body will give out before the playoffs if we don't rest him once in a while. If there's any game where the Spurs could afford to sit out their key players, it's this one. Sixers are trash.

JeffDuncan
11-14-2015, 03:57 PM
That "upper respiratory infection" is aka a sore throat, by the way.

Happens all the time to players, from all the travel, different climates, airliner air conditioning, etc. Things like head colds and sore throats are extremely common throughout the NBA during the season, and not only the players. If it wasn't the 76ers, and a little more time to get over the soreness from that fall, Kawhi would play.

kaji157
11-14-2015, 04:28 PM
They have been definitely ruled out for tonight

Someone could update the thread´s title.

It has been confirmed by mysa.com

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2015/11/14/spurs-rule-out-two-key-players-for-game-with-sixers/

TD 21
11-14-2015, 05:47 PM
It's not a big deal. Pop will play Green and Mills more to compensate for most of the lost minutes. We're talking about Anderson, Butler and Simmons combining for like 45 minutes in the event there's no garbage time. It would make sense to me for Butler to start (defense isn't an issue against Philly's perimeter guys), and Anderson and Simmons will summer league the second unit. The starters should have great spacing for once. I really don't think it's very possible to upgrade over what Butler has currently given the club this season.

I know, it's just frustrating. It seems like wherever they're thin, that's where injuries always seem to strike.

Considering the depleted 76ers are playing three small guards and their fourth is a non post up threat, I'd imagine McCallum plays backup SG ahead of Simmons.

Butler has failed so far to provide what they primarily need: High percentage/volume three-point shooting. Small sample size, I know (though he's now shot it poorly from the second half of last season on), but it's all we have to go on at this point and considering he's old and a fringe player, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt to the extent Green does.