PDA

View Full Version : Bonner should start tonigth

ElNono
11-14-2015, 05:22 PM
He has the corporate knowledge, knows where the bodies are buried and it wouldn't disrupt the bench unit, tbh, IMO, FWIW...

We're also having a Pollyanna Poppers reunion in Section 232 pre-game for those that want to attend...

dabom
11-14-2015, 05:32 PM
Pink OP

TXstbobcat
11-14-2015, 05:34 PM
He has the corporate knowledge, knows where the bodies are buried and it wouldn't disrupt the bench unit, tbh, IMO, FWIW...

We're also having a Pollyanna Poppers reunion in Section 232 pre-game for those that want to attend...

have fun at the game tonight.

Robz4000
11-14-2015, 05:34 PM
Nono with the truth nuke

Canyonero
11-14-2015, 05:39 PM
MVPonner?

sasaint
11-14-2015, 05:50 PM
Not at small forward. Bringing Simmons up, I might want to pair him as much as possible with Kyle, the player he is most familiar with. So, I'd probably start Butler at the 3.

RD2191
11-14-2015, 06:14 PM
Pink OP

Seventyniner
11-14-2015, 06:45 PM
I know the Spurs need to shake things up at PG but this is going too far.

ElNono
11-14-2015, 07:11 PM
I know the Spurs need to shake things up at PG but this is going too far.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-S_soY5Jg_Q/hqdefault.jpg

Mel_13
11-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Section 232. Nice touch.

TheGreatYacht
11-14-2015, 07:34 PM
He's a better spark off the bench. Although I don't know how they'll squeeze him some minutes, every important bench player is marked as Active for tonight....

SpurPadre
11-14-2015, 07:49 PM
You think this in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Spurtacular
11-14-2015, 09:28 PM
Pink OP

You're much higher on the list of prospective pinkies, tbh.

SAGirl
11-15-2015, 12:34 AM
Not at small forward. Bringing Simmons up, I might want to pair him as much as possible with Kyle, the player he is most familiar with. So, I'd probably start Butler at the 3.
I would have liked to see Simmons/Kyle duo too, they would have helped out that second unit a lot together. I am guessing that neither Butler nor Kyle have played with the first unit, but Pop evaluated the situation and Kyle at least subbed in for Kawhi for some games last season, and he wasn't terrible in them, so he went with that. I also think Pop didn't want to play Butler starter minutes. He is like Manu at this point. You can't overplay him or the quality of his play will probably decline.

Kudos to Pop for making the right choices in this game.

Very encouraging from Simmons too by the way. I am optimistic about him.

SAGirl
11-15-2015, 12:35 AM
Bonner got in for 1 min! :toast

sasaint
11-15-2015, 01:00 AM
I would have liked to see Simmons/Kyle duo too, they would have helped out that second unit a lot together. I am guessing that neither Butler nor Kyle have played with the first unit, but Pop evaluated the situation and Kyle at least subbed in for Kawhi for some games last season, and he wasn't terrible in them, so he went with that. I also think Pop didn't want to play Butler starter minutes. He is like Manu at this point. You can't overplay him or the quality of his play will probably decline.

Kudos to Pop for making the right choices in this game.

Very encouraging from Simmons too by the way. I am optimistic about him.

I think you are right about Kyle's having past experience with the first unit being the determinative factor. But as for wearing out Butler because he was called on to play starters minutes for one game and then go back to +/- 15 is pretty iffy. Don't know how long Simmons is up for, but I hope he continues to build on this game both here and when he goes back to Austin. I hope he gets some good minutes up here and then goes back to Austin and rips up the D-League.