PDA

View Full Version : Petition for no Syrian refugees to the U.S.

Pages : [1] 2

rmt
11-15-2015, 04:45 AM
Is this allowable?

http://cqrcengage.com/act/app/sign-petition?0&engagementId=142773

Th'Pusher
11-15-2015, 08:33 AM
Is this allowable?

http://cqrcengage.com/act/app/sign-petition?0&engagementId=142773
Is it allowable to use a tragedy to fearmonger on the political forum? Sure. Why not?

TeyshaBlue
11-15-2015, 08:48 AM
Lol fear mongering. Are you scared now? :lol

ChumpDumper
11-15-2015, 11:08 AM
Is this allowable?

http://cqrcengage.com/act/app/sign-petition?0&engagementId=142773It is allowed when a Democrat is President.

baseline bum
11-15-2015, 11:08 AM
I don't want them here either. As much as I don't like Christianity, and I don't, Islam is so much worse right now.

hater
11-15-2015, 08:15 PM
At least fucking fingerprint them, register them and photograph them as well as question them.

:lol fucking European Union was doing none of that :lol fucking pathetic retards

boutons_deux
11-15-2015, 08:21 PM
I don't want them here either. As much as I don't like Christianity, and I don't, Islam is so much worse right now.

exactly.

Phelps Baptist, gotta hate and fear all Christians.

Muslim Scholars Make the Theological Case Against the Islamic State

More than a hundred Muslim scholars and leaders from around the world released an open letter addressed to Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Wednesday, telling the self-proclaimed caliph, in no uncertain terms, that the group's use of Islamic scripture is illegitimate and perverse.

The document, which was issued in Arabic and English on the website Letter to Baghdadi (http://lettertobaghdadi.com/arabic2.php)and is embedded below, begins with a list of practices employed by the Islamic State (also known as ISIS or ISIL) that its authors say are explicitly forbidden by Islam. They include torture, slavery, forced conversions, the denial of rights for women and children, and the killing of innocents.

The letter emphasizes that Baghdadi's claims to a caliphate spanning eastern Syria and western Iraq are void.

"Who gave you authority over the ummah [Muslim people]?" the letter asks. "Was it your group? If this is the case, then a group of no more than several thousand has appointed itself the ruler of over a billion and a half Muslims. This attitude is based upon a corrupt circular logic that says: 'Only we are Muslims, and we decide who the caliph is, we have chosen one and so whoever does not accept our caliph is not a Muslim.' "

https://news.vice.com/article/muslim-scholars-make-the-theological-case-against-the-islamic-state

boutons_deux
11-15-2015, 08:31 PM
No, Muslims Are Not More Violent Than People of Other Religions. Here Are the Facts to Prove It.

I don’t figure that Muslims killed more than 2 million people or so in political violence in the entire twentieth century, and that mainly in the Iran-Iraq War 1980-1988 and the Soviet and post-Soviet wars in Afghanistan, for which Europeans bear some blame (the secular nationalist Young Turks also committed genocide against the Armenians during an invasion of eastern Anatolia by Russia).

Compare that to the Christian European tally of, oh, lets say 100 million (16 million in WW I, 60 million in WW II– though some of those were attributable to Buddhists in Asia– and millions more in colonial wars.)

Belgium– yes, the Belgium of strawberry beer and quaint Gravensteen castle– conquered the Congo and is estimated to have killed off half of its inhabitants over time, some 8 million people at least (http://www.nytimes.com/books/98/08/30/daily/leopold-book-review.html).

Or, between 1916-1930 Tsarist Russian and then Soviet forces — facing the revolt of Central Asians trying to throw off Christian (and then Marxist), European rule — Russian forces killed an estimated 1.5 million people. (http://vlib.iue.it/carrie/texts/carrie_books/paksoy-6/cae12.html)Two boys brought up in or born in one of those territories (Kyrgyzstan) just killed 4 people and wounded others critically.

That is horrible, but no one, whether in Russia or in Europe or in North America has the slightest idea that Central Asians were mass-murdered during WW I and before and after, and looted of much of their wealth. Russia when it brutally conquered and ruled the Caucasus and Central Asia was an Eastern Orthodox, Christian empire (and seems to be reemerging as one!).

Then, between half a million and a million Algerians died in that country’s war of independence from France, 1954-1962, at a time when the population was only 11 million!
I could go on and on. Everywhere you dig in European colonialism in Afro-Asia, there are bodies. Lots of bodies.

Now that I think of it, maybe 100 million people killed by people of European Christian heritage in the twentieth century is an underestimate.

Terrorism is a tactic of extremists within each religion, and within secular religions of Marxism or nationalism. No religion, including Islam, preaches indiscriminate violence against innocents.

It takes a peculiar sort of blindness to see Christians of European heritage as “nice” and Muslims and inherently violent, given the twentieth century death toll I mentioned above. Human beings are human beings and the species is too young and too interconnected to have differentiated much from group to group.

People resort to violence out of ambition or grievance, and the more powerful they are, the more violence they seem to commit. The good news is that the number of wars is declining over time, and World War II, the biggest charnel house in history, hasn’t been repeated.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/print/no_muslims_are_not_more_violent_than_people_of_oth er_religions_20151115

Then of course their is the slaughter of millions, the CC's war on Amerindian drugs, forced conversion and enslavement of the Americas by the Catholic Spanish accompanied by, blessed by Catholic priests and monks.

baseline bum
11-15-2015, 08:40 PM
No one reads your stupid article spam boutons.

:lol faggot

boutons_deux
11-15-2015, 09:00 PM

... ignorant fuck, reading will decrease your stupidity, ignorance.

baseline bum
11-15-2015, 09:09 PM
... ignorant fuck, reading will decrease your stupidity, ignorance.

I always find it mind boggling how you can (rightfully) rail against Christians trying to take over the country and then turn a blind eye on how Islam has brought an extended dark ages to the middle east for hundreds of years now. I mean show some fucking consistency faggot, instead of being a Democrat cheerleader. Algebra, astronomy, geometry, all of this comes from the middle east and Islam came wrecked the cradle of human civilization. It's something Neils deGrasse Tyson talks about all the time, how most of the stars have arabic names from an era where free thought and scholarship was encouraged in the middle east. And then how it ended under religion and the entire area has become a poverty stricken shithole. He always uses it as a cautionary tale of what can happen here if this country embraces bullshit like intelligent design and young earth creationism and turns its back on science as blasphemy like the Islamic world did. Also, go fuck your mother.

boutons_deux
11-15-2015, 09:21 PM
I always find it mind boggling how you can (rightfully) rail against Christians trying to take over the country and then turn a blind eye on how Islam has brought an extended dark ages to the middle east for hundreds of years now.

Like poor Americans, of all colors, being stupid, ignorant suckers for grifter pastors, End Timers who tell them to deny science, deny rationality, moving them back to pre-Enlightenment era, same is true of any religion's hucksters, grifters.

There are lots of poor areas, countries on planet that AREN'T Muslim (eg, US slave states, red states), and quite a few that are modern, sophisticated, advanced that are Muslim.

So who's bitch-slapped ass needs extracting? :lol

baseline bum
11-15-2015, 09:27 PM
Like poor Americans, of all colors, being stupid, ignorant suckers for grifter pastors, End Timers who tell them to deny science, deny rationality, moving them back to pre-Enlightenment era, same is true of any religion's hucksters, grifters.

There are lots of poor areas, countries on planet that AREN'T Muslim (eg, US slave states, red states), and quite a few that are modern, sophisticated, advanced that are Muslim.

So who's bitch-slapped ass needs extracting? :lol

Bing what are you doing here? I thought I told you to go fuck your mother.

boutons_deux
11-15-2015, 09:35 PM
Bing what are you doing here? I thought I told you to go fuck your mother.

weak shit there, typical after The Great Boutons delivers a bitch slapping

baseline bum
11-15-2015, 09:38 PM
weak shit there, typical after The Great Boutons delivers a bitch slapping

Weak shit is you ignoring the toxic effect Islam had in destroying the middle east. At least it's better than your retarded article spams though.

vy65
11-15-2015, 10:14 PM
I always find it mind boggling how you can (rightfully) rail against Christians trying to take over the country and then turn a blind eye on how Islam has brought an extended dark ages to the middle east for hundreds of years now. I mean show some fucking consistency faggot, instead of being a Democrat cheerleader. Algebra, astronomy, geometry, all of this comes from the middle east and Islam came wrecked the cradle of human civilization. It's something Neils deGrasse Tyson talks about all the time, how most of the stars have arabic names from an era where free thought and scholarship was encouraged in the middle east. And then how it ended under religion and the entire area has become a poverty stricken shithole. He always uses it as a cautionary tale of what can happen here if this country embraces bullshit like intelligent design and young earth creationism and turns its back on science as blasphemy like the Islamic world did. Also, go fuck your mother.

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2013-09/enhanced/webdr02/25/10/anigif_enhanced-buzz-18587-1380119385-13.gif

FromWayDowntown
11-15-2015, 10:19 PM
Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses -- but really only of they're Christian and preferably white (and even better still if they might eventually become republicans . . . .)

MultiTroll
11-15-2015, 10:46 PM
Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses -- but really only of they're Christian and preferably white (and even better still if they might eventually become republicans . . . .)
Will allow in:
http://media.apunkachoice.com/image/ni/zi/extrabig/ei-166691.jpg

Clipper Nation
11-15-2015, 11:28 PM
Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses -- but really only if they're coming in legally.
FIFY. Dems just want to flood the country with illegals and let them vote (like California is doing) so they can get a permanent majority. They don't give a fuck about how "tired" and "poor" they are, they just want the votes.

Winehole23
11-16-2015, 01:40 AM
there's a large area free of any controlling political authority where Iraq used to be. by invading and toppling Saddam, the USA created a power vacuum and a zone of instability that has been an incubator for terrorism and which by now has spilled over into other countries.

don't we owe refugees from a war we essentially started in Iraq in 2003 and which continues to this day, asylum from the anarchy, chaos and suffering war causes?

Aztecfan03
11-16-2015, 02:37 AM

who the fuck let that psycho back in here?

rmt
11-16-2015, 06:56 AM
there's a large area free of any controlling political authority where Iraq used to be. by invading and toppling Saddam, the USA created a power vacuum and a zone of instability that has been an incubator for terrorism and which by now has spilled over into other countries.

don't we owe refugees from a war we essentially started in Iraq in 2003 and which continues to this day, asylum from the anarchy, chaos and suffering war causes?

We don't owe them anything. Look at Europe - letting in these hundreds of thousands of refugees are forever going to change their countries - their language, their customs, the very fabric of what made them Germans, Italians, etc are going to be lost. The rest of us shouldn't have to suffer and support more people because of your GUILT. Obama would be better served putting more effort/resources into stamping out ISIS than bringing over thousands of people who are impossible to be vetted. Why do you think Saudi Arabia refuses to let even one of these refugees in? Because they care about and want to protect their citizen something this administration never had - they'd rather bring in the illegals, refugees, etc. all in the disguise of compassion when all they want is eventual votes. Look at Kate's law - something to protect us - but no, some bs excuse by Reid to let the illegal felons continue to roam these sanctuary cities.

Wild Cobra
11-16-2015, 07:28 AM
I'm OK with allowing a limited number of refugees in, as long as they are not believers in strict Sharia Law.

Let them know how America is different first. That women here are as free as men.

See how many of them still with to adhere to that.

hater
11-16-2015, 08:06 AM
I am for it as I said finger print them, photograph them, question them and only if they pass all those tests allow them in and track them for the next 3 years. If you can't do that, don't do it.

Wild Cobra
11-16-2015, 08:44 AM
christians jump the que
families especially mother and children go front of the que

muslim to christians aka fake ass clowns, how u going to screen them for selection?

I didn't mention a religious test.

Sharia law isn't something all followers believe in.

boutons_deux
11-16-2015, 09:44 AM
rightwingnut xenophobes extremely concerned, paranoid is their brand, that terrorists could sneak in among Repug-created refugees and asylum seekers, but don't give a fuck about stopping domestic gun slaughter and domestic terrorists who have killed more and will continue to kill more Americans than all foreign terrorists.

Gun fellatin is an American sharia: America MUST allow gun fellators, NRA, gun industry profits dictate insane pro-gun, pro-gun-violence religion

DarrinS
11-16-2015, 09:49 AM
rightwingnut xenophobes extremely concerned, paranoid is their brand, that terrorists could sneak in among Repug-created refugees and asylum seekers, but don't give a fuck about stopping domestic gun slaughter and domestic terrorists who have killed more and will continue to kill more Americans than all foreign terrorists.

Gun fellatin is an American sharia: America MUST allow gun fellators, NRA, gun industry profits dictate insane pro-gun, pro-gun-violence religion

You're unbanned now?

Good things never last. Smh

boutons_deux
11-16-2015, 09:57 AM
You're unbanned now?

Good things never last. Smh

you weak shit is eternal.

Wild Cobra
11-16-2015, 10:27 AM
you weak shit is eternal.

LOL...

That's rich coming from Shazbot!

LOL...

boutons_deux
11-16-2015, 10:33 AM
LOL...

That's rich coming from Shazbot!

LOL...

your weak shit, ALWAYS wrong, is eternal

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 11:29 AM
Welp, Gov. Abbott wasted no time cowering in the face of challenging times.

Texas is s:cry t:cryugh.

DisAsTerBot
11-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Greg Abbott: Texas won’t accept Syrian refugees
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/abbott-to-obama-texas-wont-accept-syrian-refugees/npN3P/

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 11:34 AM
They're already in Austin!

Some of them meet across the street from a middle school!

Won't someone think of the children?

rmt
11-16-2015, 11:35 AM
Greg Abbott: Texas won’t accept Syrian refugees
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/abbott-to-obama-texas-wont-accept-syrian-refugees/npN3P/

Florida needs to step up and do the same.

Spurminator
11-16-2015, 11:36 AM
I see we have finally found an issue where 1 in a million is too high a risk.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 11:38 AM
Florida needs to step up and do the same.They're already there!

All over the state!

What are you gong to do about it?

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 11:39 AM
I see we have finally found an issue where 1 in a million is too high a risk.We can't have any foreigners taking our domestic terrorism jobs.

boutons_deux
11-16-2015, 11:40 AM
Syrian Refugee Puts Paris Attacks Into Perspective In One Simple Sentence

Fearing reprisals for the deadly attacks in Paris on Friday which are believed to have been carried out by at least one Syrian, refugees across Europe are bracing themselves for a backlash.
“We are with them right now, just to help them with this crisis,” a Syrian refugee who walked for 17 days before he made his way to Germany said (http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/international/europe/92543-151115-syrian-refugees-brace-for-backlash-after-paris-attacks).

What’s happening to them is happening every day in Syria, 100 times per day for five years…Ghaled, 22, who was a dentistry student in Syria before he was forced to flee the conflict there, visited the French embassy in Berlin to pay his respects to those killed in coordinated bomb and gun attacks across Paris.

“What’s happening to them is happening every day in Syria, 100 times per day for five years, so we know what that means,” he said.

Such attacks have become all too common in his native country. While his math might be a bit off, Ghaled has a point about the scale of destruction.

At least 129 people in Paris have died (http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/14/world/paris-attacks/) as a result of attacks on a soccer stadium, concert hall, as well as bars and restaurants. That number might rise since another 99 are believed to have been seriously injured, but as it stands, it falls short of what Syrians have faced on a day-to-day basis at the hands of a brutal regime and a ruthless terrorist organization.

According (http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/07/us-mideast-crisis-toll-idUSKBN0LB0DY20150207) to conservative estimates, about 210,060 people have died in Syria since civil war engulfed the country four years ago. That means that an average of 144 people in Syria have died each day, at least half of them civilians.

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/11/15/3722379/paris-refugees/

SpursforSix
11-16-2015, 11:40 AM
We can't have any foreigners taking our domestic terrorism jobs.

are you OK with less qualified foreigners taking jobs of U.S. workers?

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 11:43 AM
are you OK with less qualified foreigners taking jobs of U.S. workers?What is your proof anyone is less or more qualified than anyone else?

Post your proof.

rmt
11-16-2015, 11:51 AM
We can't have any foreigners taking our domestic terrorism jobs.

And do you think that the money that we will have to spend to feed, clothe, house and educate these foreigners/illegals shouldn't be spent on US CITIZENS? Obama prioritizes illegals and refugees over US citizens. Why didn't he insist on getting back the 4 US hostages in his precious Iran deal?

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 11:53 AM
And do you think that the money that we will have to spend to feed, clothe, house and educate these foreigners/illegals shouldn't be spent on US CITIZENS? Obama prioritizes illegals and refugees over US citizens. Why didn't he insist on getting back the 4 US hostages in his precious Iran deal?I think many if not most of the refugees are more educated and capable of earning a living than you.

Pelicans78
11-16-2015, 11:54 AM

To be fair, all that stuff started in the Middle East after the Muslims took over. Early Muslims were knows for their scientific achievements and eventually led to Baghdad being the Intellectual Center of the World while Europe was in the Dark Ages. That was a big reason why the Muslims were conquering everywhere due to their advances in technology. It all changed a few hundred years later when their societies started to get away from science and started listening to clerics to do this and do that which was similar to Christianity before the Reformation and Age of Enlightenment.

Winehole23
11-16-2015, 12:41 PM
http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21674694-america-should-reclaim-its-role-beacon-those-fleeing-persecution-and-war-yearning?fsrc=scn/tw/te/pe/ed/yearningtobreathefree

rmt
11-16-2015, 12:45 PM
I think many if not most of the refugees are more educated and capable of earning a living than you.

What an ignorant remark. You have no idea how educated I am or how capable of earning a living. Go on with your assumptions and negative personal remarks.

Spurminator
11-16-2015, 12:47 PM
That is an irony softball right there.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 12:49 PM
What an ignorant remark. You have no idea how educated I am or how capable of earning a living. Go on with your assumptions and negative personal remarks.OK, how educated are you? How capable are you of making a living?

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 12:55 PM
Here's one of the terrorists terrorizing a cubicle in Houston as we speak:

http://www.npr.org/2015/09/21/442148947/syrian-refugee-tries-to-restart-in-texas-after-long-painful-journey

Should we kill him and his family now just to make sure?

rmt
11-16-2015, 12:57 PM
OK, how educated are you? How capable are you of making a living?

Baiting. That's not gonna work. I volunteer info/opinion based on what I want - not your baiting. But keep on with the assumptions and negative personal remarks - they are speak for themselves.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 01:01 PM
Baiting. That's not gonna work. I volunteer info/opinion based on what I want - not your baiting. But keep on with the assumptions and negative personal remarks - they are speak for themselves.I certainly didn't expect you to talk about your education or abilities.

SpursforSix
11-16-2015, 01:04 PM
I certainly didn't expect you to talk about your education or abilities.

Do you want to talk about yours? What's your education level and what are your job abilities?

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 01:07 PM
Do you want to talk about yours? What's your education level and what are your job abilities?Sure. Bachelor's degree. Steadily employed for a few decades. I'm sure many Syrian refugees have a better CV than mine. It's no insult to me.\

How about you?

SpursforSix
11-16-2015, 01:17 PM
Sure. Bachelor's degree. Steadily employed for a few decades. I'm sure many Syrian refugees have a better CV than mine. It's no insult to me.\

How about you?

same.
But I don't know how many (if any) Syrians are more qualified to do what I'm doing.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 01:19 PM
same.
But I don't know how many (if any) Syrians are more qualified to do what I'm doing.Good for you. The ones whose stories I have seen here seem to start working pretty quickly, just like most of the hundreds of thousands of refugees we have taken in over the years.

SpursforSix
11-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Good for you. The ones whose stories I have seen here seem to start working pretty quickly, just like most of the hundreds of thousands of refugees we have taken in over the years.

I don't think you have any way to know if "most" of the hundreds of thousands are similar to the relatively small number of stories you've heard.

SpursforSix
11-16-2015, 01:22 PM
Good for you. The ones whose stories I have seen here seem to start working pretty quickly, just like most of the hundreds of thousands of refugees we have taken in over the years.

do you think it was racist that Samir Nagheenanajar was the one who couldn't figure out the printer?

mingus
11-16-2015, 01:24 PM
Impossible to let them in in the numbers that say Europe is letting them in with enough vetting. I'd like to know what kind of vetting the U.S. is doing before allowing even one of them in. And that seems to be a key reason why they're doing this petition:

"Many do not even speak Arabic, cannot tell you where they came from in Syria, and have no official documents. They make up their own names and there is no way to accurately vet them. They are Afghans fleeing the Taliban; Eritreans fleeing their own repressive government; and many more hail from Iraq, Pakistan, and sub-Saharan Africa."

If these are the standards to let refugees in, then I guess I'm on board, too.

I brought up the same point while Europe was allowing refugees to flood through their boarders. Seems many liberals over in Europe had their heads up their asses. NOW, it closes its boarders, or at least has (or so I read) a firm grip on who's coming in. Typical result of misguided (and widespread) liberal love & peace bullshit thinking.

DarrinS
11-16-2015, 01:30 PM
Impossible to let them in in the numbers that say Europe is letting them in with enough vetting. I'd like to know what kind of vetting the U.S. is doing before allowing even one of them in.

I brought up the same point while Europe was allowing refugees to flood through their boarders. Seems many liberals over in Europe had their heads up their asses. NOW, it closes its boarders, or at least has (or so I read) a firm grip on who's coming in. Typical result of misguided (and widespread) liberal love & peace bullshit thinking.

"Are you a terrorist?"

"Alahhu Ak... No"

"Welcome to Michigan."

ChumpDumper
I don't think you have any way to know if "most" of the hundreds of thousands are similar to the relatively small number of stories you've heard.Of course I have. There is an entire government agency dedicated to tracking such data.

Blizzardwizard
Ben fucking Carson is a bigger danger to society than Syrian refugees.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 01:31 PM
Impossible to let them in in the numbers that say Europe is letting them in with enough vetting. I'd like to know what kind of vetting the U.S. is doing before allowing even one of them in. If there were only some way to search for such information on a computer....That'd be great.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 01:32 PM
"Are you a terrorist?"

"Alahhu Ak... No"

"Welcome to Michigan."Is this what you think the vetting process is, Darrin?

Wild Cobra
11-16-2015, 01:34 PM
Is this what you think the vetting process is, Darrin?

I think he's making the point that there is probably no way to know. What type of papers do you think refugees may have? They can pretend to be anyone.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 01:35 PM
I think he's making the point that there is probably no way to know. What type of papers do you think refugees may have? They can pretend to be anyone.Have any of you even tried a simple search about the vetting process or are you content to just talk out of your asses?

boutons_deux
11-16-2015, 01:36 PM
regulate, red-tape the hell out of Repug-created refugees, but let just any old assholes, straw buyers buy untraceable guns from unlicensed, private dealers and crooked licensed dealers. The Business of America is Death

rmt
11-16-2015, 01:37 PM
7 states (including Michigan) not accepting Syrian refugees. C'mon, Rick Scott. Not that it matters - once they get into the US, they can go wherever they want.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/11/16/governors-of-michigan-alabama-reject-resettlement-of-syrian-refugees-in-their-states/

boutons_deux
11-16-2015, 01:41 PM
No, State Governors Can’t Refuse To Accept Syrian Refugees

More than half a dozen state governors have come out against President Obama’s plans torelocate several thousand Syrian refugees within the United States (http://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/16/us-states-to-turn-away-syrian-refugees.html). Some have pledged to actively resist settlement of these refugees. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R), for example, signed a letter to Obama that begins “as governor of Texas, I write to inform you that the State of Texas will not accept any refugees from Syria (http://gov.texas.gov/files/press-office/SyrianRefugees_BarackObama11162015.pdf) in the wake of the deadly terrorist attack in Paris.” Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) issued an executive order instructing all “departments, budget units, agencies, offices, entities, and officers of the executive branch of the State of Louisiana” to “utilize all lawful means to prevent the resettlement of Syrian refugees (http://blogs.theadvocate.com/politicsblog/files/2015/11/jindalexecorder.pdf) in the State of Louisiana while this Order is in effect.”

The problem for Jindal, Abbott and the other governors opposed to admitting refugees, however, is that there is no lawful means that permits a state government to dictate immigration policy to the president in this way. As the Supreme Court explained in Hines v. Davidowitz (http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/312/52.html), “the supremacy of the national power in the general field of foreign affairs, including power over immigration, naturalization and deportation, is made clear by the Constitution.” States do not get to overrule the federal government on matters such as this one.

Just in case there is any doubt, President Obama has explicit statutory authorization to accept foreign refugees into the United States. Under the Refugee Act of 1980 (http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/STATUTE-94/pdf/STATUTE-94-Pg102.pdf), the president may admit refugees who face “persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion” into the United States, and the president’s power to do so is particularly robust if they determine that an “unforeseen emergency refugee situation” such as the Syrian refugee crisis exists.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/11/16/3722628/no-state-governors-cant-refuse-to-accept-syrian-refugees/

So FUCK the treasonous, unConstitutional red states and slave states.

boutons_deux
11-16-2015, 01:42 PM
Rauner halts new Syrian refugees in Illinois

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-bruce-rauner-illinois-syrian-refugees-suspended-met-1117-20151116-story.html

mingus
11-16-2015, 01:49 PM
If there were only some way to search for such information on a computer....That'd be great.

Well, if there isn't any feasible way to do it, then refugee camps are the way to go. Keep them their for as long as it takes to build at least some kind of idea as to who the crazies are.

Wild Cobra
11-16-2015, 01:50 PM
Well Shazbot.

You can always welcome and sponsor a family to live with you!

boutons_deux
11-16-2015, 01:50 PM
dubya2 still outdoing dubya1 in ignorance, stupidity, xenophobia, nativism, etc

“As it relates to the refugees, I think we need to do thorough screen,” said Bush. “And take a limited number. But ultimately, the best way to deal with the refugee crisis is to create safe zones inside of Syria so that people don’t risk their lives and you don’t have what will be a national security challenge for both our country and for Europe of screening.”

Bush then said he did believe one religious group deserves refuge in the United States: Christians.

“There are a lot of Christians in Syria that have no place now,” said Bush. “They’ll be either executed or imprisoned, either by Assad or by ISIS. And I think we should have—we should focus our efforts as it relates to the Christians that are being slaughtered.”

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/jeb-bushs-shockingly-heartless-response-paris-attacks

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 01:51 PM
Well, if there isn't any feasible way to do it, then refugee camps are the way to go. Keep them their for as long as it takes to build at least some kind of idea as to who the crazies are.Seriously, why haven't you Googled this if you are so concerned?

Wild Cobra
11-16-2015, 01:55 PM
OMG...

630,000 refugees in Jordan waiting to go elsewhere...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kyleblaine/how-one-syrian-family-made-it-through-the-daunting-process-o#.qpD9BvWKlj

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 01:57 PM
OMG...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kyleblaine/how-one-syrian-family-made-it-through-the-daunting-process-o#.qpD9BvWKljYou're just now finding this out?

mingus
11-16-2015, 02:01 PM
I am concerned, and I'll certainly do more research on it to better understand, but the linked article references "top security officials" as saying it's a flawed vetting process:

Top U.S. law enforcement and security officials have cautioned Congress on the terror risks linked to the Syrian refugees. Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson has acknowledged that background checks are not flawless and that “there is no risk-free process” to vet these individuals.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 02:04 PM
Of course there is no risk-free process. Do you think there are already Daesh terrorists in the couple thousand Syrian refugees already here?

FuzzyLumpkins
11-16-2015, 02:06 PM
OMG...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kyleblaine/how-one-syrian-family-made-it-through-the-daunting-process-o#.qpD9BvWKlj

They've been talking about the Jordanian refugee camps for over a year at this point, dipshit. Welcome to the present.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 02:08 PM
WC is likely to pass out if he finds out how many are in Turkey.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-16-2015, 02:10 PM
The U.S. has one of the most robust security screening processes in the world for potential refugees.

Many European countries will accept a refugee application based simply on a case file. The U.S. system works much differently.

Fewer than 2,000 Syrian refugees have been admitted to the United States since the start of the Syrian civil war. Though the Obama administration said the United States will accept 10,000 refugees in 2016, the complex process takes an average of 18 to 24 months.

Many of those refugees who would be approved in 2016 are already going through the security-screening process and upon completion will enter the U.S. next year, according to a senior State Department official.

Some have raised concerns this fall that even the level of security that the United States applies to the process is not sufficient enough to actually keep extremists from entering the country.
Secretary John Kerry told Congress earlier this year that the plan was to engage in “super vetting, I mean an extraordinarily level of vetting.” He added that if the FBI wasn’t satisfied, he was “quite confident that people aren’t going to be allowed in.”

To gain admittance into the United States, a Syrian must clear all these steps:
Multiple high-level security checks
Biometric screening
A mandatory interview with the Department of Homeland Security
A medical screening
A cultural orientation program (which consists of videos on housing, employment, education, and hygiene, among other topics)

Several of the checks remain current for only a certain period of time, but to qualify for entry into the United States, a potential refugee must have approved status for each step at the same time.

For instance, the medical screening is valid for only six months, and most security checks expire after 15 months.

In October, both Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson and FBI Director James Comey raised the challenge of being unable to vet all Syrians against existing intelligence information.

JOHNSON: Chairman, I am concerned that we do the proper security vetting for refugees we bring into this country. We’ve committed to 10,000, and I’ve committed that each one will receive a careful security vetting.

It is true that we are not going to know a whole lot about a lot of the Syrians that come forth in this process, just given the nature of the situation. So we are doing better at checking all the right databases in the law enforcement and intelligence communities than we used to, and so it’s a good process and it’s a thorough process. But that definitely is a challenge.

COMEY: I don’t think I have anything to add to Jeh. I think he describes it well. We see a risk there. We will work hard to mitigate it. Our challenge will be, as good as we have gotten ourselves at querying our holdings to understand somebody, if the person has never crossed our radar screen, there won’t be anything to query against, so we do see a risk there.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kyleblaine/some-things-to-know-about-how-us-screens-syrian-refugees#.sxAmpKMQK

That was tough

boutons_deux
11-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Congressmen Pressure GOP Leaders To Strip Funding For Syrian Refugees

As numerous Republican governors (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michigan-alabama-no-syrian-refugees) announce that they will not accept Syrian refugees in their states, members of Congress have started to put pressure on Congressional leaders to restrict funds allocated for settling refugees from Syria from the government spending bill.

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) on Monday wrote a letter (http://www.sessions.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/news-releases?ID=BF222A36-D5F9-4F44-B889-1163E561F409) to his colleagues urging them to restrict President Obama's ability to increase funding allocated for settling refugees in the U.S.
Sessions wants Congress to vote on Obama's plan to accept refugees, which is currently included in the funding bill that must pass in December.

"In my capacity as Chairman of the Senate Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest, I write to respectfully request that any upcoming appropriations legislation – including any Omnibus legislation – require Congressional approval for the President’s refugee resettlement plans and the funds to carry them out," Sessions wrote in the letter.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sessions-duncan-spending-bill-syrian-refugees?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Slave state Repugs want to screw the refugees that their War for Oil created, and obstruct Obama because he's Obama.

Wild Cobra
11-16-2015, 03:08 PM
You're just now finding this out?
I don't follow the news much. Most of what is on the boob tube us for boobs.

DarrinS
11-16-2015, 03:08 PM
Ben fucking Carson is a bigger danger to society than Syrian refugees.

Lol

Wild Cobra
11-16-2015, 03:09 PM
WC is likely to pass out if he finds out how many are in Turkey.

Maybe so.

I think we can thank Obama for helping to destabilize the area for that.

boutons_deux
11-16-2015, 03:12 PM
I think we can thank Obama for helping to destabilize the area for that.

:lol you're so full of shit. Your Repugs, BigOil broke the Middle East. Obama can't, nobody can stabilize it.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 03:14 PM
Maybe so.

I think we can thank Obama for helping to destabilize the area for that.Really? No other American president helped to destabilize the area?

DarrinS
11-16-2015, 03:15 PM
:lol you're so full of shit. Your Repugs, BigOil broke the Middle East. Obama can't, nobody can stabilize it.

Do you actually know what started the war in Syria?

CosmicCowboy
11-16-2015, 03:16 PM
Good. If Obama wants to play chicken with congress over this one he should try. I'm pretty sure the overwhelming majority of US voters including democrats would just as soon not import 100,000 Syrian Muslims. He probably couldn't even get a majority in his own party to defy the polls with an election coming and vote to keep importing Syrian Muslims.

boutons_deux
11-16-2015, 03:21 PM
Do you actually know what started the war in Syria?

yes, a drought that drove farmers into the cities where the govt let them rot, until they revolted.

rmt
11-16-2015, 04:16 PM
14 states (including one Democrat governor) want no Syrian refugees in their states.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/11/16/governors-rush-to-slam-door-on-syrian-refugees/

SpursforSix
11-16-2015, 04:18 PM
I heard that the clockmaking industry is lobbying hard to bring in these hard working Syrians.

mingus
11-16-2015, 06:43 PM
Of course there is no risk-free process. Do you think there are already Daesh terrorists in the couple thousand Syrian refugees already here?

I don't know.

I'm not calling for risk-free process. I realize that's not possible. But what exactly are the intelligence flaws or "gaps" in screening process? And moreover why should anyone have ANY optimism about what our leaders' intelligence says about the ME, when it's failed us over and over going all the way back to 9/11? I'm skeptical. But I'm a compassionate skeptic. So I'll go along with what they say. It's the right thing to do IMO. But you--you sound optimistic about it, and you can correct my if I'm wrong. Maybe I'm mi-reading you. But I just don't see as much reason as you to be optimistic about our intelligence relating to ME.

DarrinS
11-16-2015, 08:07 PM
yes, a drought that drove farmers into the cities where the govt let them rot, until they revolted.

Lol, yes, "climate change" started the war. Good job, Bernie.

boutons_deux
11-16-2015, 08:08 PM
Lol, yes, "climate change" started the war. Good job, Bernie.

you said climate change, asshole, I didn't

every time you make a post your laughable ignorance spews forth.

DarrinS
11-16-2015, 08:09 PM
you said climate change, asshole, I didn't

every time you make a post your laughable ignorance spews forth.

It actually started over graffiti, if you can believe that.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 08:12 PM
I don't know.

I'm not calling for risk-free process. I realize that's not possible. But what exactly are the intelligence flaws or "gaps" in screening process? And moreover why should anyone have ANY optimism about what our leaders' intelligence says about the ME, when it's failed us over and over going all the way back to 9/11? I'm skeptical. But I'm a compassionate skeptic. So I'll go along with what they say. It's the right thing to do IMO. But you--you sound optimistic about it, and you can correct my if I'm wrong. Maybe I'm mi-reading you. But I just don't see as much reason as you to be optimistic about our intelligence relating to ME.They're already here and the vetting process takes a lot longer than the EU's did. We have the luxury of time.

DarrinS
11-16-2015, 08:15 PM
They're already here and the vetting process takes a lot longer than the EU's did. We have the luxury of time.

Fast-track the women and kids. Let the young dudes wait.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 08:22 PM
Fast-track the women and kids. Let the young dudes wait.And the family does what for money once they are here/there? considering the usual breadwinner makeup of the families, that seems a little backwards to me. Now I agree that Europe is being overwhelmed as they didn't expect this kind of migration when making their rules, but the gender disparity at this point doesn't surprise me at all.

MultiTroll
11-16-2015, 08:24 PM
Fast-track the women and kids. Let the young dudes wait.
Fast track:
http://lgcdn.amiclubwear.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/420x630/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/h/white_bronze_rhinestone_accent_sexy_2_pc._swimsuit _swimsuit-twopiece-f7-3093whitebronze.jpg

Fast track:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/31/article-2406694-1B8B76D8000005DC-431_634x353.jpg

DarrinS
11-16-2015, 08:28 PM
And the family does what for money once they are here/there? considering the usual breadwinner makeup of the families, that seems a little backwards to me. Now I agree that Europe is being overwhelmed as they didn't expect this kind of migration when making their rules, but the gender disparity at this point doesn't surprise me at all.

"Women and children first" is more of a Western thing.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 08:35 PM
"Women and children first" is more of a Western thing.First into the rickety boat to cross the Mediterranean in November?

Is that what you would do with your wife and kids, Darrin?

That's your western thing?

MultiTroll
11-16-2015, 08:45 PM
Faux News featured speaker acknowledges even if no refugees are let in, the UnIslamic roaches can still infiltrate.

:lol at the Repug politicians acting as if safety was truly their concern.

At any rate, only fully vetted Syrians let in.
Who decides? I do.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
11-16-2015, 09:24 PM
So you guys trust our government that we're not getting any of these guys like Europe did?

http://i.imgur.com/isHzv9e.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GLCmp9w.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U8xk5HP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wMrob1i.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RYeQvp3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rzTob1t.jpg

Spurminator
11-16-2015, 09:28 PM
So you guys trust our government that we're not getting any of these guys like Europe did?

I trust them to know an obvious Photoshop when they see it.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 09:42 PM
I trust them to know an obvious Photoshop when they see it.Bottom left is Kurdish and bottom left is from the Free Syrian Army.

It's hilarious when they keep trying to use them

rmt
11-16-2015, 10:12 PM
What are the challenges associated with vetting these refugees?

Given the abysmal security situation in Syria and the fact that the United States does not maintain a permanent diplomatic presence in the country, it's sometimes difficult for U.S. authorities to gather the information they need to thoroughly vet a Syrian applicant.

FBI Director James Comey hit on the issue at a congressional hearing last month, when he told lawmakers, "If someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interest reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home, but there will be nothing show up because we have no record of them."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/politics/syrian-refugees-u-s-applicants-explainer/

mingus
11-16-2015, 10:19 PM
They're already here and the vetting process takes a lot longer than the EU's did. We have the luxury of time.

Hopefully, within that period of time, they can fill those intelligence gaps. But considering we've dropped the ball so many times on ME issues and decision-making (nukes in Iraq, Iraq invasion, underestimation of ISIS, mishandling of FSA training, mishandling of Iraq military training and arms distribution, Benghazi etc.) that I'm a skeptic. Firstly, skeptical about these intelligence gaps, secondly skeptical about the accuracy of their Intel. Doesn't seem to matter who is president, Republican or Democrat, they've shown to be equally inept w/ regards to ME.

Like I said, I believe in having compassion. I've been to NA and know that plenty (most) Muslims are good people and just want the basic things everybody in West has (and take for granted). I think the U.S. is standing for the right thing here. But there's a thin line sometimes b/w being generous and stupid. It's been the latter much too often for us over there for me to not be a skeptic.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 10:23 PM
Well, I don't think Daesh is going to play a two year long game to attempt to infiltrate the states. There are easier ways.

hater
11-16-2015, 10:27 PM
:lol breaking news: Syrian refugees threaten to go back to Syria if their demands are not met :lol

mingus
11-16-2015, 10:35 PM
What are the challenges associated with vetting these refugees?

Given the abysmal security situation in Syria and the fact that the United States does not maintain a permanent diplomatic presence in the country, it's sometimes difficult for U.S. authorities to gather the information they need to thoroughly vet a Syrian applicant.

FBI Director James Comey hit on the issue at a congressional hearing last month, when he told lawmakers, "If someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interest reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home, but there will be nothing show up because we have no record of them."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/politics/syrian-refugees-u-s-applicants-explainer/

See, that's where you don't know. If the intel is that fucking bad on their personal history, then what exactly are they basing their shit off of?

It's confusing. One article, people say it's a great screening process; the next article, it says "there will be nothing" on people that don't have an apparent terrorist link.

Sounds about as dumb and confusing as everything we stick our dick into over there.

mingus
11-16-2015, 10:36 PM
Well, I don't think Daesh is going to play a two year long game to attempt to infiltrate the states. There are easier ways.

Like what?

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 10:44 PM
Like what?Recruiting a US citizen, sending someone on a student visa from not Syria, etc.

TheSanityAnnex
11-16-2015, 11:03 PM
Resident sympathizers have faith in our screening process lol

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 11:04 PM
Resident sympathizers have faith in our screening process lolThere are over 50 Syrian refugees in your area already who went through that process.

What are you going to do about them?

Spurminator
11-16-2015, 11:05 PM
Resident sympathizers have faith in our screening process lol

It's been more successful since 9/11 than our screening for gun buyers, tbh, fwiw

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 11:06 PM
It's been more successful since 9/11 than our screening for gun buyers, tbh, fwiwHe runs away when his emo argument doesn't work.

TheSanityAnnex
11-16-2015, 11:18 PM
There are over 50 Syrian refugees in your area already who went through that process.

What are you going to do about them?

Why do you know how many Syrian refugees are in each city? You've mentioned exact numbers in different cities multiple times.

Why do have faith in our screening system?

Where is their screening intel coming from in Syria?

mingus
11-16-2015, 11:25 PM
Recruiting a US citizen, sending someone on a student visa from not Syria, etc.

Hell, then why even do a background check?

Give them one of those beepers that they use at restaurants, tell them to head over to an airport when it goes off in two years.

The 2 year figure, btw, is from what I read a high estimation of how long the process takes. The average is closer to 1 1/2 years, going as low as one year.

You may be right about the shorter period of time for their other alternatives. Is there a link you can share that details how long those processes take? Also, a link to where ISIS has related that ~2 year wait threshold isn't worth the trouble.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 11:27 PM
Why do you know how many Syrian refugees are in each city? You've mentioned exact numbers in different cities multiple times.Because I am better informed than you. If you're asking how a person could get such information, you're an idiot.

Why do have faith in our screening system?Eh, ISIS has Iraqi members too yet you didn't and still haven't made a peep about the 85,000 of them that came into the US the past eight years.

Where is their screening intel coming from in Syria?Oh, if there were only a way to search for things using this thing I am using to ask about searching on.

So what are you going to do about those obvious Syrian terrorists in your backyard?

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 11:35 PM
Hell, then why even do a background check?Because they should.

Give them one of those beepers that they use at restaurants, tell them to head over to an airport when it goes off in two years.[/quoteWut.

[quote]The 2 year figure, btw, is from what I read a high estimation of how long the process takes. The average is closer to 1 1/2 years, going as low as one year.Given the situation there, it's a fair bet the Syrian refugee process takes longer than that of someone from, say, the Ukraine.

You may be right about the shorter period of time for their other alternatives. Is there a link you can share that details how long those processes take?How long would it take to recruit a US citizen? Not long, I would suppose. Could be just a series of encrypted communications after talking to the right middleman. That's the thing I would worry most about.

mingus
11-16-2015, 11:44 PM
Because I am better informed than you. If you're asking how a person could get such information, you're an idiot.

Eh, ISIS has Iraqi members too yet you didn't and still haven't made a peep about the 85,000 of them that came into the US the past eight years.

Oh, if there were only a way to search for things using this thing I am using to ask about searching on.

So what are you going to do about those obvious Syrian terrorists in your backyard?

The screening in Iraq was more thorough in the sense we had intelligence on the ground since we were occupying, as opposed to no or not nearly as much ground intelligence presence in Syria. I'm guessing that's the or big reason for the intelligence gaps with the Syrian screenings.

TheSanityAnnex
11-16-2015, 11:46 PM
Because I am better informed than you. If you're asking how a person could get such information, you're an idiot.

Eh, ISIS has Iraqi members too yet you didn't and still haven't made a peep about the 85,000 of them that came into the US the past eight years.

Oh, if there were only a way to search for things using this thing I am using to ask about searching on.

So what are you going to do about those obvious Syrian terrorists in your backyard?I haven't cared enough to search the whereabouts of Syrian refugees near me. Which brings me back to why do you know so much about where the Syrian refugees are located?

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 11:53 PM
I haven't cared enough to search the whereabouts of Syrian refugees near me. Which brings me back to why do you know so much about where the Syrian refugees are located?It's as if the information is available to anyone who is intelligent enough to figure out it could be available!

Thanks for admitting you really don't care about the presence of Syrian refugees in your area tho. I don't know why you were trying to act concerned.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 11:56 PM
The screening in Iraq was more thorough in the sense we had intelligence on the ground since we were occupying, as opposed to no or not nearly as much ground intelligence presence in Syria. I'm guessing that's the or big reason for the intelligence gaps with the Syrian screenings.Also the reason only about 10% of the Syrian refugees referred to the US have made it through the process. It was already the most stringent process among refugees, and it will probably be moreso now. That's why I'm not as terrified as TSA acted like he was before he said he didn't really care.

ElNono
11-16-2015, 11:58 PM
14 states (including one Democrat governor) want no Syrian refugees in their states.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/11/16/governors-rush-to-slam-door-on-syrian-refugees/

Don't think they have a say in it. Immigration is entirely in the federal jurisdiction. Any potential law they might decide to pass is likely to be found unconstitutional...

mingus
11-16-2015, 11:59 PM
Because they should.

[quote]Give them one of those beepers that they use at restaurants, tell them to head over to an airport when it goes off in two years.[/quoteWut.

Given the situation there, it's a fair bet the Syrian refugee process takes longer than that of someone from, say, the Ukraine.

How long would it take to recruit a US citizen? Not long, I would suppose. Could be just a series of encrypted communications after talking to the right middleman. That's the thing I would worry most about.

I worry about both that and refugee infiltration. There's lots of avenues, probably, to be worried about. I'm not educated enough on the specific times/risks it takes for all their recruitment processes to be able to say that they won't allocate their resources to the refugee crisis.

rmt
11-17-2015, 12:00 AM

So does that mean that we risk bringing in MORE?

TheSanityAnnex
11-17-2015, 12:01 AM
It's as if the information is available to anyone who is intelligent enough to figure out it could be available!

Thanks for admitting you really don't care about the presence of Syrian refugees in your area tho. I don't know why you were trying to act concerned.

Don't dodge this a third time. why do you know so much about where the Syrian refugees are located?

ChumpDumper
11-17-2015, 12:02 AM
So does that mean that we risk bringing in MORE?What is the risk here?

Tell me the odds you have worked out with all your knowledge of the process.

ChumpDumper
11-17-2015, 12:03 AM
Don't dodge this a third time. why do you know so much about where the Syrian refugees are located?You idiot.

http://www.domusweb.it/content/dam/domusweb/en/news/2015/09/02/google_s_new_logo/domus-01-google.jpg

TheSanityAnnex
11-17-2015, 12:10 AM
You idiot.

http://www.domusweb.it/content/dam/domusweb/en/news/2015/09/02/google_s_new_logo/domus-01-google.jpg

That answers how I asked why you idiot. Why were you googling the amount of Syrian refugees in various cities?

ChumpDumper
11-17-2015, 12:14 AM
That answers how I asked why you idiot. Why were you googling the amount of Syrian refugees in various cities?Why would I not? I was interested in knowing something, so I found out about it. That's how things like that work, idiot.

Why is the "why" this suddenly important to you?

You'll do anything to avoid my questions.

TheSanityAnnex
11-17-2015, 12:27 AM
Why would I not? I was interested in knowing something, so I found out about it. That's how things like that work, idiot.

You'll do anything to avoid my questions.
What peaked your interest and led to researching their locations and numbers?

ChumpDumper
11-17-2015, 12:30 AM
What peaked your interest and led to researching their locations and numbers?Sorry, you'll have to answer my questions first.

There is a backlog.

TheSanityAnnex
11-17-2015, 12:37 AM

I was interested in knowing something so I'm trying to find out. Your turn.

What peaked your interest and led to researching their locations and numbers?

ChumpDumper
11-17-2015, 12:40 AM
I was interested in knowing something so I'm trying to find out. Your turn.

What peaked your interest and led to researching their locations and numbers?I saw that there were already Syrian refugees in the states and was interested in knowing more about them.

Why are you so interested in knowing why I chose to learn about this specifically?

Red Hawk #21
11-17-2015, 12:40 AM

http://i.imgur.com/isHzv9e.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GLCmp9w.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U8xk5HP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wMrob1i.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RYeQvp3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rzTob1t.jpg

:wow :wow

ChumpDumper
11-17-2015, 12:41 AM
:wow :wowSo you're taking that at face value from a neo Nazi?

lol

TheSanityAnnex
11-17-2015, 03:39 PM
I saw that there were already Syrian refugees in the states and was interested in knowing more about them.

Why are you so interested in knowing why I chose to learn about this specifically?

I find it interesting how much research you've done considering you proclaim to have no fear of them.

baseline bum
11-17-2015, 03:50 PM
I don't want them even if they check out clean. The last thing the US needs is a fucking muslim migration into the country to have an even worse backwards religion trying run the country in 40-50 years.

Spurminator
11-17-2015, 04:06 PM
I don't want them even if they check out clean. The last thing the US needs is a fucking muslim migration into the country to have an even worse backwards religion trying run the country in 40-50 years.

How many do you think we're bringing in?

boutons_deux
11-17-2015, 04:15 PM
the slave states, red states are in an obvious conspiracy, behind the LIE of security for our sheeple, to obstruct anything and everything Obama, knowing full well that the amnesiac sheeple are too fucking stupid to know the Repugs CAUSED ISIS to arise, created the Middle East disaster.

ChumpDumper
11-17-2015, 04:23 PM
I find it interesting how much research you've done considering you proclaim to have no fear of them.Why would research denote fear?

Explain your reasoning.

hater
11-17-2015, 04:24 PM
:lol u know damn well the reason is votes. No way them Syrians vote Republican :lol

That's 200,000 votes for them dimocraps elections are decided on less votes :lol

U let them in and in 5 years democrats are never losing again :lol

spurraider21
11-17-2015, 04:31 PM
the slave states, red states are in an obvious conspiracy, behind the LIE of security for our sheeple, to obstruct anything and everything Obama, knowing full well that the amnesiac sheeple are too fucking stupid to know the Repugs CAUSED ISIS to arise, created the Middle East disaster.
Nobody is asking about who caused what.

boutons_deux
11-17-2015, 04:32 PM
Repugs and their supporters are wonderfully CHICKENSHITS of The Great America

can't bring GITMO guys to US prisons because they'd destroy America

can't bring refugees to American because they'd destroy America

(but didn't the Repugs say Obamacare, ISIS, and Ebola were going to destroy America?)

you Repugs, rightwingnuts, bubbas, rednecks, tea baggers, Colonial cosplayers for Freedom!, shitkickers, Christian Taliban, inbreds, gun fellators are ignorant, gullible fucks, falling for the Repug/VRWC propaganda every fucking time. :lol

Carson, Trump, Cruz, Rubio for President ??? :lol :lol :lol :lol

td4mvp2k
11-17-2015, 04:40 PM
I don't want them even if they check out clean. The last thing the US needs is a fucking muslim migration into the country to have an even worse backwards religion trying run the country in 40-50 years.:toast amen and fuk obuma tbh

spurraider21
11-17-2015, 04:45 PM
They said ebola would destroy America?

boutons_deux
11-17-2015, 04:51 PM
They said ebola would destroy America?

yep, Presidential Candidate The Old Lesbian from South Carolina said "Ebola and ISIS are coming to destroy us all"

rmt
11-17-2015, 05:15 PM

Speaking of Google: my dd has two interviews with Google on Monday for a summer internship. I am ecstatic and will be praying SO hard.

ChumpDumper
11-17-2015, 07:45 PM
Speaking of Google: my dd has two interviews with Google on Monday for a summer internship. I am ecstatic and will be praying SO hard.It's a tough place to work, but worth it if you can stick.

hater
11-17-2015, 07:57 PM
It's a tough place to work, but worth it if you can stick.

:lmao what the fuck do you know about working for google :lol

ChumpDumper
11-17-2015, 08:01 PM
:lmao what the fuck do you know about working for google :lolI'm in Austin. Google is in Austin. Google employs people. I know people.

This isn't terribly difficult to understand.

rmt
11-17-2015, 08:46 PM
It's a tough place to work, but worth it if you can stick.

They have free breakfast, lunch and dinner, place to nap, laundry, shower - IOW, they want you to stay there and WORK. It'd would be a great experience for an internship, but too stressful for permanent - she wants to have a life too - LOL.

Spurminator
11-18-2015, 09:57 AM
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/11/can-terrorists-really-infiltrate-the-syrian-refugee-program/416475/?utm_source=SFFB

Can Terrorists Really Infiltrate the Syrian Refugee Program?

Despite the current uproar, the U.S. has been resettling people fleeing war-torn countries for decades without trouble.

If you look solely at the U.S.’s long record of taking in refugees from countries torn apart by war, it’s hard to argue that national security should be a top concern in the debate over Syrian migrants.

In the 14 years since September 11, 2001, the United States has resettled 784,000 refugees from around the world, according to data from the Center for Migration Studies (http://www.migrationpolicy.org/news/us-record-shows-refugees-are-not-threat), a D.C. think tank. And within that population, three people have been arrested for activities related to terrorism. None of them were close to executing an attack inside the U.S., and two of the men were caught trying to leave the country to join terrorist groups overseas.

“I think I can count on one hand the number of crimes of any significance that I've heard have been committed by refugees,” said Lavinia Limón, a veteran of refugee work since 1975 and the president of the U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants. “It just hasn’t been an issue.”

Yet it is the issue now, as the Obama administration tries to fend off a revolt by Republican governors over its plans to resettle more than 10,000 Syrian refugees escaping the brutality of both the Islamic State and the Assad government. The coordinated attacks in Paris have fanned fears that terrorists could infiltrate the U.S. by slipping in among the refugees—as might have occurred in the case of one of the Paris attackers.

As U.S. officials and refugee advocates point out, that has never happened in modern history. Not when the U.S. took in tens of thousands of Vietnamese refugees in the 1970s. Not when 125,000 Cuban “Marielitos” arrived by boat in 1980. And not in the desperate aftermath of more recent wars in Bosnia, Somalia, or Rwanda. “Those fears have proven unfounded,” said John Sandweg, a former acting director of ICE who previously served as a top lawyer at the Department of Homeland Security.

Is there any reason why Syria should be different?

The government and the nonprofit organizations it partners with to resettle refugees cite two main reasons why the answer is no. The first is that there is a key difference between people seeking placement in the U.S. as refugees and the millions of people who have flooded into Europe seeking asylum. The Syrians in Europe in many cases are already at or over the border, having come directly from Syria in to Turkey and then Greece and elsewhere; that situation is more akin to the thousands of Cubans who have fled by boat to South Florida or the migrant workers from Central America who gathered at the U.S.-Mexico border last summer. A refugee applying for resettlement in the U.S., by contrast, must endure a screening process that takes as long as two years before stepping foot on American soil. “Germany doesn’t have the luxury of screening them or vetting them in any way before they arrive, unlike the United States,” said Kathleen Newland, a senior fellow and co-founder of the Center for Migration Studies.

The second reason is that since the program was briefly halted and then overhauled after the 9/11 attacks, refugee applicants are subject to the highest level of security checks of any type of traveler to the U.S. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees initially chooses which refugees to refer to the U.S. after doing its own check. U.S. officials then conduct multiple in-person interviews and verify a refugee’s story with intelligence agencies and by running background checks through several government databases, including DHS and the National Counterterrorism Center. As a result of that extensive process, only around 2,000 Syrian refugees have been resettled in the U.S. since its civil war broke out in 2011—a much lower number than many previous refugee crises. The Obama administration wants to accept at least 10,000 more in 2016, but even that might be too much for the bureaucracy to handle. Once resettled, refugees get housing and monetary assistance for several months. After a year, they can apply for a green card, at which point they undergo another security screening.

More than half of the nation's governors—mostly Republicans—are now urging the federal government to keep Syrian refugees out of their states. But they probably don’t have the final say. Courts have ruled that immigration policy is almost entirely a federal matter, and while the Obama administration says it must “consult” with states as part of the refugee program, the states can’t reject immigrants entirely. Yet as a practical matter, because the benefits that refugees receive are administered at the state level, the government might be unlikely to send them to states where they won’t be welcome.

A central question that Republicans have raised is whether the U.S. has good enough intelligence and data from Syria to determine if a refugee might pose a threat. How extensive is their database? How easy would it be for an applicant to use forged or stolen documents to get into the U.S.? Critics of the refugee policy have gained ammunition from FBI Director James Comey, who acknowledged while testifying before Congress in October that there were “certain gaps...in the data available to us.” He declined to detail those concerns in an open hearing, saying he did not want to provide a roadmap for terrorists. “There is risk associated with bringing anybody in from the outside, but especially from a conflict zone like that,” Comey said.

Republican governors and congressional leaders (along with a few Democrats) have seized on those remarks in calling for “a pause” in the Syrian refugee program so it can undergo another review, and the House could pass legislation to that effect in the next few days. Refugee advocates, however, say there is little cause for concern. “I just don’t find that argument plausible,” Newland told me. She said the U.S. might have less data on Syria than on Iraq and Afghanistan, where the military has had a presence for more than a decade. “But I don't think there’s less information than there would be any other refugee population,” Newland said. She added that coming from a police state that likes to keep track of its people, refugees from “a well-organized society” like Syria would be more likely to have documentation than those fleeing from impoverished countries where citizens are unlikely to have government-issued birth certificates or passports.

Steven Camarota, director of research at the right-leaning Center for Immigration Studies, said the key difference between Syria and most other sites of recent humanitarian crises is the heavy influence of a group devoted to the destruction of the U.S. and Western society. He also disputed the blemish-free history that advocates of the refugee program have clung to, citing Somali immigrants in Minnesota who have left the country to join ISIS and the case of the Boston Marathon bombers, who arrived as children after being granted asylum. Yet the process for receiving asylum status is not as stringent as for those applying for refugee resettlement, and those cases all involved people radicalized while they were living in the U.S. “The point here is,” Camarota said, “is it worth the risk?”

Immigration of any kind has caused tension and in many cases outright hostility throughout U.S. history, and refugee crises are no exception. In a 1939 poll recirculated widely (https://twitter.com/HistOpinion/status/666640741293285376) on Tuesday, more than three out of five Americans opposed the resettlement of 10,000 Jewish refugees fleeing Nazi Germany. Oftentimes, the concerns have been economic. In the late 1970s, Newland said, fishermen in California feared competition from Vietnamese refugees who would be willing to work longer hours for lower pay than they did. And states and cities have occasionally asked the federal government to steer refugees elsewhere if they didn’t think they'd be able to find jobs in their communities. But the terrorism-fueled fears that have prompted a rush of opposition to Syrian resettlement is something else. “In my experience,” Newland said, “this is unique.”

hater
11-18-2015, 10:02 AM
can't really compare this migration to previous migrations tbqh

let's not forget ISIS themselves have said "we are infiltrating thousands of soldiers to the migration"

I'm for strict background, fingerprinting, photographing and questioning. And allow only as many men as women and children. In other words, don't allow the 70% men that make up this migration.

Spurminator
11-18-2015, 10:34 AM
let's not forget ISIS themselves have said "we are infiltrating thousands of soldiers to the migration"

Why wouldn't they say that?

philldafunk
11-18-2015, 11:18 AM
Move everyone out of Wyoming, and let them have it.

hater
11-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Why wouldn't they say that?

why wouldn't they do it?

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 11:22 AM
can't really compare this migration to previous migrations tbqh

I'm for strict background, fingerprinting, photographing and questioning. And allow only as many men as women and children. In other words, don't allow the 70% men that make up this migration.That's the migration into Europe. The total refugee demographics have more women than men and as many kids as one would expect.

Spurminator
11-18-2015, 11:28 AM
why wouldn't they do it?

It's far less practical for them to infiltrate the U.S. through the refugee process than it is to travel here as a tourist or cross the border illegally.

hater
11-18-2015, 11:31 AM
It's far less practical for them to infiltrate the U.S. through the refugee process than it is to travel here as a tourist or cross the border illegally.

How so? IMO easier to hide under a wave of Syrians than try to come in via immigration checkpoints. Do you know how hard it is and how long it takes to cross the border illegally?

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 11:32 AM
How so? IMO easier to hide under a wave of Syrians than try to come in via immigration checkpoints. Do you know how hard it is and how long it takes to cross the border illegally?You think refugees to the US somehow bypass immigration checkpoints?

Spurminator
11-18-2015, 11:34 AM
How so? IMO easier to hide under a wave of Syrians than try to come in via immigration checkpoints. Do you know how hard it is and how long it takes to cross the border illegally?

I'm trying to understand where you get the visual of "waves of Syrians" ... You know we don't border Syria, right?

Maybe reading up on the process will help:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/politics/syrian-refugees-u-s-applicants-explainer/index.html

hater
11-18-2015, 11:36 AM
You think refugees to the US somehow bypass immigration checkpoints?

already stated I am for it if they properly fingerprint, photograph, etc.

I'm alluding to the fact that the EU was not doing this and many refugees were not allowing themseves to be fingerprinted.

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 11:36 AM
Maybe hater should explain the US refugee intake process as he understands it. It might save us multiple incredulous reaction posts.

hater
11-18-2015, 11:37 AM
I'm trying to understand where you get the visual of "waves of Syrians" ... You know we don't border Syria, right?

Maybe reading up on the process will help:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/politics/syrian-refugees-u-s-applicants-explainer/index.html

as I said. Was alluding to the waves of Syrians entering EU.

I am for immigration to the US if the proper investigations are done. Doesn't mean some will not come in. Anyone can get an original Syrian passport for $500.

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 11:37 AM
already stated I am for it if they properly fingerprint, photograph, etc.In that case, you have nothing to worry about.

hater
11-18-2015, 11:38 AM
In that case, you have nothing to worry about.

thanks officer Jones

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130710195539/kippa/images/e/ee/Ian-Foot-Immigration-Officer.jpg

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 11:44 AM
thanks officer Jones

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130710195539/kippa/images/e/ee/Ian-Foot-Immigration-Officer.jpgIt's pretty clear you have no idea what the US vetting process for Syrian refugees is, so go educate yourself and then you can state actual valid concerns.

hater
11-18-2015, 11:48 AM
It's pretty clear you have no idea what the US vetting process for Syrian refugees is, so go educate yourself and then you can state actual valid concerns.

thanks officer Jones

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130710195539/kippa/images/e/ee/Ian-Foot-Immigration-Officer.jpg

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 11:51 AM
thanks officer Jones

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130710195539/kippa/images/e/ee/Ian-Foot-Immigration-Officer.jpgWhy are you trying to be dismissive now? This was really important to you a couple of posts ago.

hater
11-18-2015, 11:54 AM
Why are you trying to be dismissive now? This was really important to you a couple of posts ago.

LOL mad because I'm thanking him for sharing his immigration knowledge with the masses. when are you getting promoted officer Jones? :lol

SpursforSix
11-18-2015, 11:55 AM
Why are you trying to be dismissive now? This was really important to you a couple of posts ago.

what's your answer to all this? just let everyone travel wherever they want and then deal with everything else as it comes?

Suppose your boyfriend was know to have sex with a bunch of other guys. Some known to have HIV.
Would you make him wear a rubber? or would you just let him bareback you and then deal with the consequences later?

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 11:55 AM
LOL mad because I'm thanking him for sharing his immigration knowledge with the masses. when are you getting promoted officer Jones? :lolAre you thanking me? My name isn't Officer Jones and that isn't my picture. Why did you use those?

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 11:57 AM
what's your answer to all this? just let everyone travel wherever they want and then deal with everything else as it comes?Maybe you should post what you know about the US intake process for Syrian refugees as well. I think there is a lot of misinformation out there.

hater
11-18-2015, 12:01 PM
Are you thanking me? My name isn't Officer Jones and that isn't my picture. Why did you use those?

you said I have nothing to worry about. Thanks officer Jones

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 12:03 PM
you said I have nothing to worry about. Thanks officer Jones

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130710195539/kippa/images/e/ee/Ian-Foot-Immigration-Officer.jpgBased on what you said are your concerns, you don't.

My name isn't Officer Jones and that isn't my picture. Why did you use those? You seem upset that someone knows more than you do about this. You could easily know as much as I do or anyone else does if you choose to, and no one would call you officer anything out of embarrassment.

vy65
11-18-2015, 12:04 PM
Don't think they have a say in it. Immigration is entirely in the federal jurisdiction. Any potential law they might decide to pass is likely to be found unconstitutional...

True, but immigration is an Article I (congressional power). I guess you could argue this is an Article II, foreign policy/national security issue. At first blush, that seems a stretch to me.

hater
11-18-2015, 12:04 PM
Based on what you said are your concerns, you don't.

thanks. You have taken a load off me officer Jones.

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 12:05 PM
thanks. You have taken a load off me officer Jones.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130710195539/kippa/images/e/ee/Ian-Foot-Immigration-Officer.jpgMy name isn't Officer Jones and that isn't my picture. Why did you use those?

SpursforSix
11-18-2015, 12:05 PM
Maybe you should post what you know about the US intake process for Syrian refugees as well. I think there is a lot of misinformation out there.

my point is that unless you have a high degree of certainty, you go ahead and use protection.

better safe than sorry!

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 12:06 PM
my point is that unless you have a high degree of certainty, you go ahead and use protection.

better safe than sorry!My point is maybe you should post what you know about the US intake process for Syrian refugees as well. I think there is a lot of misinformation out there.

Spurminator
11-18-2015, 12:18 PM
Take note, boutons... This is good satire.

AS YOUR GOVERNOR, I WILL PROTECT YOU FROM MASS SHOOTERS IF THEY ARE SYRIAN.

BY PETE REYNOLDS (http://www.mcsweeneys.net/authors/pete-reynolds)

When I took the oath of office, I swore to do everything I could to protect the citizens of this state from harm. There is nothing more important to me than ensuring that we are safe and can gather in our public places without fear of mass, indiscriminate violence. The nightmare scenario — the one that keeps me up at night — is the one where some individual could easily and legally obtain a firearm and use that firearm to kill innocent American citizens and also that the individual doing the killing is Syrian.

That’s why, as long as I’m your governor, I vow to do everything in my power to prevent Syrians from shooting you while you are at the mall. No Syrians will enter a movie theater and start shooting you. Syrians will not shoot you at church, or in a restaurant, as long as I am governor. College campuses also will not be places where it will be okay to be shot by Syrians. As your governor, I will ensure that no Syrians enter your child’s elementary school and start shooting your child.

Here are some other places where I will not tolerate American citizens getting shot by Syrians: community centers; school cafeterias; hair salons; nursing homes; office buildings; night clubs; temples; supermarkets; lecture halls; dorms; trains; house parties; playgrounds; post offices; front yards. If anyone at any of these locations were ever shot by Syrians, I would take swift and decisive action to protect our citizens from ever again being shot by Syrians.

This is how you know that I am concerned about your safety: no Syrians.

No Syrians will be able to just walk into a sporting goods store and purchase a deadly weapon on a whim or buy bulletproof body armor online. No Syrians will be allowed to attend gun shows and purchase whatever firearms they desire without restriction. And I refuse to support special interest groups whose sole mission is to profit from putting weapons into the hands of people, if those people are Syrians. Were there such an organization devoted to equipping Syrians with as many guns as they can afford, I would not bow to that organization’s every wish, because I am a public official, and I care very deeply about the safety of our citizens when it comes to whether they might be shot and killed by Syrians.

To that end, I promise to require full registration and tracking of all Syrians, and a “cooling off” period for anyone who wishes to become Syrian. Because this much is clear: the answer to the problems posed by Syrians is not more Syrians.

But it doesn’t matter, because there will be no Syrians.

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/as-your-governor-i-will-protect-you-from-mass-shooters-if-they-are-syrian

SpursforSix
11-18-2015, 12:18 PM
My point is maybe you should post what you know about the US intake process for Syrian refugees as well. I think there is a lot of misinformation out there.

I'm sure there is. Just as I'm sure that there are terrorists posing as refugees and making it over borders.

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 12:24 PM
I'm sure there is. Just as I'm sure that there are terrorists posing as refugees and making it over borders.the US borders? This is what the thread is about.

SpursforSix
11-18-2015, 12:32 PM
the US borders? This is what the thread is about.

probably less than a 50% chance. but greater than 0% chance.

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 12:33 PM
probably less than a 50% chance. but greater than 0% chance.Based on what?

SpursforSix
11-18-2015, 12:43 PM
Based on what?

The 50% is an assumption based on that I have some faith in the vetting process. I'd like to believe it's much lower. But it's not 0%.

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 12:44 PM
The 50% is an assumption based on that I have some faith in the vetting process. I'd like to believe it's much lower. But it's not 0%.What is your faith in the vetting processed based on?

SpursforSix
11-18-2015, 12:48 PM
What is your faith in the vetting processed based on?

that the people doing the vetting are trying to vet

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 12:49 PM
that the people doing the vetting are trying to vetSo do you have any actual interest in this topic?

SpursforSix
11-18-2015, 12:52 PM
So do you have any actual interest in this topic?

Yes.

Do you believe that the vetting system is 100% foolproof and there's no chance of any terrorists getting through?

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Yes.Then why have you not done one thing to educate yourself about the vetting process?

Do you believe that the vetting system is 100% foolproof and there's no chance of any terrorists getting through?No system is 100% foolproof.

SpursforSix
11-18-2015, 01:00 PM
Then why have you not done one thing to educate yourself about the vetting process?

No system is 100% foolproof.

I've got at least 30 things to do before I have time to research the vetting process.

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 01:13 PM
I've got at least 30 things to do before I have time to research the vetting process.Like post in this thread for an hour?

boutons_deux
11-18-2015, 01:26 PM
saying refugee vetting to be 100% perfect as pretext to refusing responsibility for the misery Repugs caused is the same tactic as refusing to pass any immigration reform until the MX border perfectly, hermticall sealed.

"Something's not perfect, so we'll block EVERYTHING associated with it."

you rightwingnuts are transparently stupid, simplistic.

SpursforSix
11-18-2015, 02:12 PM
Like post in this thread for an hour?

that. then figure out my lineup for DraftKings. check my fantasy football teams for this week. do some spreadsheet stuff for work. lunch. see if there are any cool podcasts to listen to for later.
lots of stuff...

SpursforSix
11-18-2015, 02:13 PM
saying refugee vetting to be 100% perfect as pretext to refusing responsibility for the misery Repugs caused is the same tactic as refusing to pass any immigration reform until the MX border perfectly, hermticall sealed.

"Something's not perfect, so we'll block EVERYTHING associated with it."

you rightwingnuts are transparently stupid, simplistic.

would you have unprotected buttsex with someone who had a 1% chance of having HIV?

Spurminator
11-18-2015, 02:19 PM
would you have unprotected buttsex with someone who had a 1% chance of having HIV?

Is she going through an 18-24 month vetting process to determine if she has HIV or not?

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 02:20 PM
would you have unprotected buttsex with someone who had a 1% chance of having HIV?Would you allow guns to be sold to a white man when if there is a chance he uses the gun to shoot up an elementary school?

SpursforSix
11-18-2015, 02:51 PM
Would you allow guns to be sold to a white man when if there is a chance he uses the gun to shoot up an elementary school?

yes. now answer my question.

hater
11-18-2015, 03:29 PM
In that case, you have nothing to worry about.

:lmao officer Jones. You're a fucking fraud :lol

Attorney General Loretta Lynch insisted on Tuesday that the Obama administration has the ability to run effective security screenings on Syrian refugees, despite testimony from the FBI last month indicating it may not be possible to run these security checks.

FBI director James Comey said checking refugees against the database wont do anything if we have no data on these refugees :lmao

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 03:49 PM
yes. now answer my question.I wouldn't do that in any circumstance. Has nothing to do with any probability.

:lmao officer Jones. You're a fucking fraud :lol

Attorney General Loretta Lynch insisted on Tuesday that the Obama administration has the ability to run effective security screenings on Syrian refugees, despite testimony from the FBI last month indicating it may not be possible to run these security checks.

FBI director James Comey said checking refugees against the database wont do anything if we have no data on these refugees :lmaoYou made no mention of any databases when you voiced your concerns. But good on you for finally trying to learn something on your own.

Where did you find these two quotes? I've seen both, I just want to know where you found them.

SpursforSix
11-18-2015, 03:50 PM
the Obama administration has the ability to run effective...

you can pretty much add an ":lmao" no matter what you put at the end of that

hater
11-18-2015, 03:51 PM
Lol fraud pretending to know about that . Yet he said nothing to worry about :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 03:56 PM
Lol fraud pretending to know about that . Yet he said nothing to worry about :rolleyesI knew all about that. Those quotes have already been posted on this board. I told you you have nothing to worry about according to your criteria.

Besides, there are already ~2000 Syrian refugees here -- did you even know that? Are you scared of them?

hater
11-18-2015, 03:59 PM
Sure you knew fraud

ChumpDumper
11-18-2015, 04:02 PM
Sure you knew fraud

The U.S. has one of the most robust security screening processes in the world for potential refugees.

Many European countries will accept a refugee application based simply on a case file. The U.S. system works much differently.

Fewer than 2,000 Syrian refugees have been admitted to the United States since the start of the Syrian civil war. Though the Obama administration said the United States will accept 10,000 refugees in 2016, the complex process takes an average of 18 to 24 months.

Many of those refugees who would be approved in 2016 are already going through the security-screening process and upon completion will enter the U.S. next year, according to a senior State Department official.

Some have raised concerns this fall that even the level of security that the United States applies to the process is not sufficient enough to actually keep extremists from entering the country.
Secretary John Kerry told Congress earlier this year that the plan was to engage in “super vetting, I mean an extraordinarily level of vetting.” He added that if the FBI wasn’t satisfied, he was “quite confident that people aren’t going to be allowed in.”

To gain admittance into the United States, a Syrian must clear all these steps:
Multiple high-level security checks
Biometric screening
A mandatory interview with the Department of Homeland Security
A medical screening
A cultural orientation program (which consists of videos on housing, employment, education, and hygiene, among other topics)

Several of the checks remain current for only a certain period of time, but to qualify for entry into the United States, a potential refugee must have approved status for each step at the same time.

For instance, the medical screening is valid for only six months, and most security checks expire after 15 months.

In October, both Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson and FBI Director James Comey raised the challenge of being unable to vet all Syrians against existing intelligence information.

JOHNSON: Chairman, I am concerned that we do the proper security vetting for refugees we bring into this country. We’ve committed to 10,000, and I’ve committed that each one will receive a careful security vetting.

It is true that we are not going to know a whole lot about a lot of the Syrians that come forth in this process, just given the nature of the situation. So we are doing better at checking all the right databases in the law enforcement and intelligence communities than we used to, and so it’s a good process and it’s a thorough process. But that definitely is a challenge.

COMEY: I don’t think I have anything to add to Jeh. I think he describes it well. We see a risk there. We will work hard to mitigate it. Our challenge will be, as good as we have gotten ourselves at querying our holdings to understand somebody, if the person has never crossed our radar screen, there won’t be anything to query against, so we do see a risk there.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kyleblaine/some-things-to-know-about-how-us-screens-syrian-refugees#.sxAmpKMQK

That was tough
It was in this thread, genius.

TheSanityAnnex
11-18-2015, 06:32 PM
White House says Obama would veto proposal for more scrutiny of refugees

President Barack Obama would veto a proposal from Republican lawmakers in the U.S. House of Representatives for additional scrutiny of refugees from Syria or Iraq, the White House said on Wednesday.

"This legislation would introduce unnecessary and impractical requirements that would unacceptably hamper our efforts to assist some of the most vulnerable people in the world," the White House said in a statement.
The proposed requirements "would provide no meaningful additional security for the American people, instead serving only to create significant delays and obstacles in the fulfillment of a vital program that satisfies both humanitarian and national security objectives," the White House said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/18/us-france-shooting-usa-veto-idUSKCN0T733W20151118#TtKxUMDoOObkzL2K.97

The end of this piece of shit's term can not come soon enough

ElNono
11-18-2015, 07:09 PM
Read some Dems might be on board with the more scrutiny stuff... perhaps they can get a veto-proof law passed...

rmt
11-18-2015, 07:09 PM
White House says Obama would veto proposal for more scrutiny of refugees

President Barack Obama would veto a proposal from Republican lawmakers in the U.S. House of Representatives for additional scrutiny of refugees from Syria or Iraq, the White House said on Wednesday.

"This legislation would introduce unnecessary and impractical requirements that would unacceptably hamper our efforts to assist some of the most vulnerable people in the world," the White House said in a statement.
The proposed requirements "would provide no meaningful additional security for the American people, instead serving only to create significant delays and obstacles in the fulfillment of a vital program that satisfies both humanitarian and national security objectives," the White House said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/18/us-france-shooting-usa-veto-idUSKCN0T733W20151118#TtKxUMDoOObkzL2K.97

Will there be enough votes to over ride?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/11/18/how-high-ranking-democrats-are-undercutting-obama-on-syrian-refugees/

boutons_deux
11-18-2015, 07:42 PM
all of sudden, for STRICTLY DIRTY OBSTRUCTIVE POLITICS, the Repugs decide USA's extremely complicated, time-consuming refugee vetting is insufficient.

All the Repugs EVER want to do is fuck stuff up, esp stuff from Obama.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Refugee_Admissions_Program

TheSanityAnnex
11-18-2015, 08:02 PM
all of sudden, for STRICTLY DIRTY OBSTRUCTIVE POLITICS, the Repugs decide USA's extremely complicated, time-consuming refugee vetting is insufficient.

All the Repugs EVER want to do is fuck stuff up, esp stuff from Obama.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Refugee_Admissions_Program

All of the sudden lol

Splits
11-18-2015, 08:28 PM
:lol all these Republican tough guys soooo scared

What a bunch of pussies.

Splits
11-18-2015, 08:31 PM
Read some Dems might be on board with the more scrutiny stuff... perhaps they can get a veto-proof law passed...

The proposed law would shutdown the process, not apply more scrutiny.

boutons_deux
11-18-2015, 08:37 PM
All of the sudden lol

did you hear ANY Repug talk about changing refugee processing before this week?

TheSanityAnnex
11-18-2015, 08:41 PM
did you hear ANY Repug talk about changing refugee processing before this week?
Well no fucking shit nothing was said until now I wonder fucking why

Spurminator
11-18-2015, 08:42 PM
Opportunistic scaremongering and another opportunity to claim Dems are soft on terror is why, tbh.

TheSanityAnnex
11-18-2015, 08:44 PM
The proposed law would shutdown the process, not apply more scrutiny.
James Comey not sure on screening process of Syrians but Splits fully confident

hater
11-18-2015, 08:48 PM
I already called it its because of the incoming votes tbh. It's all about votes

Splits
11-18-2015, 08:52 PM
James Comey not sure on screening process of Syrians but Splits fully confident

Syrian refugees haven't killed anyone, legal gun owners kill thousands. Pretty sure you're against shutting down gun sales.

Pussy.

TheSanityAnnex
11-18-2015, 09:04 PM
Syrian refugees haven't killed anyone, legal gun owners kill thousands. Pretty sure you're against shutting down gun sales.

Pussy.
Is that a yes you are fully confident in the screening process?

Splits
11-18-2015, 09:09 PM
Is that a yes you are fully confident in the screening process?

Syrian refugees haven't killed anyone. No system is foolproof
Are you fully confident in the gun screening process which has failed innumerable times, or do you think it should be more stringent?

Th'Pusher
11-18-2015, 09:21 PM
Of the 8 suspects named, none were refugees and all had EU passports

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-attacks-the-eight-terror-suspects-named-so-far-all-have-eu-passports-a6738821.html

TheSanityAnnex
11-18-2015, 09:24 PM
Syrian refugees haven't killed anyone. No system is foolproof
Are you fully confident in the gun screening process which has failed innumerable times, or do you think it should be more stringent?
I've always said the gun screening process should be more stringent and laws on the books should actually be enforced and be penalized heavier.

You have confidence in a refugee screening system that draws off of minuscule amount of data compared to our gun screening process?

Spurminator
11-18-2015, 09:30 PM
I am absolutely more confident in our refugee screening process than our gun screening process. I don't see how anyone could be otherwise. There's no 18-24 month waiting period on gun sales that I'm aware of, or any strict limitations on how many guns we will sell, or nearly as stringent an interview process as we have with refugees, or any kind of monitoring process after the sale (unless of course, they kill someone and we can trace it back to the gun.)

And the results speak for themselves.

Splits
11-18-2015, 09:36 PM
I've always said the gun screening process should be more stringent and laws on the books should actually be enforced and be penalized heavier.

You have confidence in a refugee screening system that draws off of minuscule amount of data compared to our gun screening process?

It takes years to complete the process of immigrating as a Syrian refugee. It takes hours or days to get a gun. Perhaps that is why nobody has died at the hands of a Syrian refugee yet thousands die by legally owned guns.

Didnt Roof get his guns because the background check wasn't complete within 3 days? I don't suppose you want to lengthen the 3 day maximum waiting period for guns.

TheSanityAnnex
11-18-2015, 09:45 PM
It takes years to complete the process of immigrating as a Syrian refugee. It takes hours or days to get a gun. Perhaps that is why nobody has died at the hands of a Syrian refugee yet thousands die by legally owned guns.

Didnt Roof get his guns because the background check wasn't complete within 3 days? I don't suppose you want to lengthen the 3 day maximum waiting period for guns.
I wait 10 days for guns.

You still haven't said why you have more faith in a refugee screening process than James Comey seems to have.

boutons_deux
11-18-2015, 10:09 PM
I wait 10 days for guns.

You still haven't said why you have more faith in a refugee screening process than James Comey seems to have.

Comey and friends are using Paris to say mass surveillance of the planet and crypto backdoors are needed, although they can't say they've proved useful. fuck those guys.

boutons_deux
11-18-2015, 10:10 PM
quota is 80K refugees EVERY year, has been going on for years, why haven't terrorist used that path?

TheSanityAnnex
11-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Comey and friends are using Paris to say mass surveillance of the planet and crypto backdoors are needed, although they can't say they've proved useful. fuck those guys.
That isn't even close to what he said.

Splits
11-18-2015, 10:57 PM
I wait 10 days for guns.

Are you referring to this quote?

“I can’t sit here and offer anybody an absolute assurance that there’s no risk associated with this.”

Well duh. Nobody can ever offer absolute assurance there is no risk associated to anything. This has you all tied up in knots?

TheSanityAnnex
11-18-2015, 11:14 PM
Are you referring to this quote?

Well duh. Nobody can ever offer absolute assurance there is no risk associated to anything. This has you all tied up in knots?

I could post article after article of Comey quotes questioning the effectiveness of the screening process along with the failures of screening Iraqi refugees of whom we had tons more intel on, but that isn't needed as you have already read all of this.

Again, why do you have more confidence in the screening process than Comey does?

Splits
11-18-2015, 11:20 PM
I could post article after article of Comey quotes questioning the effectiveness of the screening process

Post them.

Splits
11-18-2015, 11:22 PM
Again, why do you have more confidence in the screening process than Comey does?

Comey is a right-wing hack, a legacy of the disastrous Bush admin. I don't trust anything he says.

TheSanityAnnex
11-18-2015, 11:25 PM
Comey is a right-wing hack, a legacy of the disastrous Bush admin. I don't trust anything he says.
Then who has instilled your confidence in the screening process?

Splits
11-18-2015, 11:36 PM
Then who has instilled your confidence in the screening process?

I don't trust government officials spewing nonsense. I trust facts. And the facts show no Syrian refugee has killed any Americans.

The facts also show that people legally buy guns and subsequently kill people with said guns.

Why are you so focused on demonizing Syrian refugees who don't kill Americans, yet ignore the thousands of deaths of Americans directly attributable to legal gun ownership?

InRareForm
11-19-2015, 12:47 AM
Hannity was such a bitch on his show today about this topic... I watched for comedic purposes obv...

ChumpDumper
11-19-2015, 01:19 AM
Holy shit TSA is terrified.

He still won't say what he is going to do about the Syrian refugees living in his area.

ChumpDumper
11-19-2015, 01:24 AM
Is that a yes you are fully confident in the screening process?For all practical purposes, yes.

If the FBI director wants to stop the intake, I would like to see that quote.

boutons_deux
11-19-2015, 04:58 AM
TSA, Darren, etc have reflexively sucked down the Repug propaganda and FUD about Syrian refugees gonna destroy America.

and yes, if only states would vet guy buyers so thoroughly

Repugs/VRWC run totally on FUD, distortions, LIES, bullying, propaganda to hide their real motivation, which in this case isn't "ISIS refugees gonna kill us all", but "We OBSTRUCT everything Obama"

boutons_deux
11-19-2015, 09:28 AM

... and which laughable TURD from the Repug Klown Kar do you want as a replacement?

rightwingnuts NEVER met a paranoia they wouldn't subscribe to, esp not the ones from the NRA, VRWC, Repug, Beck/Limbaugh, etc.

TheSanityAnnex
11-19-2015, 01:02 PM
Post them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3283587/FBI-admits-s-no-way-screen-Syrian-refugees-Obama-administration-plans-accept-US.html

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/obama-officials-warned-of-risks-of-accepting-syrian-refugees-before-paris-attacks/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/17/lynch-robust-screening-syrian-refugees/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/federal-eye/wp/2015/11/17/senior-obama-officials-have-warned-of-challenges-in-screening-refugees-from-syria/

http://nypost.com/2015/11/17/uncle-sams-screening-of-syria-refugees-is-a-pathetic-joke/

https://pjmedia.com/blog/obama-lackey-ben-rhodes-spreads-lies-about-vetting-syrian-refugees-on-sunday-news-talk-shows

And a reminder of how great our screening process is on refugees from Iraq that we had ample data on to cross reference compared to Syrian refugees

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qaeda-kentucky-us-dozens-terrorists-country-refugees/story?id=20931131

TheSanityAnnex
11-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Holy shit TSA is terrified.

He still won't say what he is going to do about the Syrian refugees living in his area.

terrified :lol

This coming from the guy who has exhaustively studied the screening process and knows the exact numbers and whereabouts of each Syrian refugee now in the United States, but yeah, you aren't terrified.

TheSanityAnnex
11-19-2015, 01:11 PM
TSA, Darren, etc have reflexively sucked down the Repug propaganda and FUD about Syrian refugees gonna destroy America.

and yes, if only states would vet guy buyers so thoroughly

Repugs/VRWC run totally on FUD, distortions, LIES, bullying, propaganda to hide their real motivation, which in this case isn't "ISIS refugees gonna kill us all", but "We OBSTRUCT everything Obama"

Of the 65,000 refugees what percent of terrorists slipping through is an acceptable number for you?

Splits
11-19-2015, 01:17 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3283587/FBI-admits-s-no-way-screen-Syrian-refugees-Obama-administration-plans-accept-US.html

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/obama-officials-warned-of-risks-of-accepting-syrian-refugees-before-paris-attacks/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/17/lynch-robust-screening-syrian-refugees/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/federal-eye/wp/2015/11/17/senior-obama-officials-have-warned-of-challenges-in-screening-refugees-from-syria/

http://nypost.com/2015/11/17/uncle-sams-screening-of-syria-refugees-is-a-pathetic-joke/

https://pjmedia.com/blog/obama-lackey-ben-rhodes-spreads-lies-about-vetting-syrian-refugees-on-sunday-news-talk-shows

And a reminder of how great our screening process is on refugees from Iraq that we had ample data on to cross reference compared to Syrian refugees

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qaeda-kentucky-us-dozens-terrorists-country-refugees/story?id=20931131

All of those articles revolve around his "ripple in the pond" statement, which is followed by his "I can’t sit here and offer anybody an absolute assurance that there’s no risk associated with this.". Well duh. Nobody can guarantee 100% no risk associated with anything. You might shoot your dick off the next time you fellate one of your guns.

TheSanityAnnex
11-19-2015, 01:28 PM
All of those articles revolve around his "ripple in the pond" statement, which is followed by his "I can’t sit here and offer anybody an absolute assurance that there’s no risk associated with this.". Well duh. Nobody can guarantee 100% no risk associated with anything. You might shoot your dick off the next time you fellate one of your guns.

Does the benefit outweigh the risk?

RandomGuy
11-19-2015, 01:35 PM
Past generations have accepted great burdens to do the right thing, i.e. the Union's smashing of the confederacy, the revolution itself that threw off the British, as well as WW1 and WW2.

A few people get killed by some psychopathic nutters and we lose our minds with fear. "keep us safe" at the cost of becoming a nation of cowards.

Funny thing about the whole thing is that the kind of stupidity that the Republican party is pushing is exactly what ISIS wants.

First, know thy enemy
IS bases its terrorism on a vicious calculation. It believes that successful attacks will inspire the would-be Muslim radicals that it is trying to recruit. But it also wants to provoke a backlash in order to convince those same radicals that the world despises them and their religion. In February IS propaganda described a “greyzone” in which some Muslims’ loyalty is divided between radical Islam and a country where they do not feel that they completely belong. IS wants terrorism to drive Muslims out of this greyzone and into the black-robed embrace of the Caliphate.
http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21678785-battle-against-islamic-state-must-be-waged-every-front-how-fight-back

hater
11-19-2015, 01:51 PM
Republicans are willing to part with encryption, privacy and allow themselves to be monitored 24/7. But God forbid we allow 3 year old Syrians inside our borders :lmao

Splits
11-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Does the benefit outweigh the risk?

I would say the risk is quite small, so yes. Listen this interview at the 5:30 mark if you want to hear why. This guy spent a week with them, he knows what he's talking about.

430W_imRQXw