PDA

View Full Version : INJURY REPORT: Ginobili & Leonard are both probable for Blazers Game

ace3g
11-15-2015, 05:54 PM
San Antonio Spurs @spurs
(https://twitter.com/spurs)INJURY REPORT: Ginobili (adductor strain) & Leonard (upper respiratory infection) are both probable for tomorrow night’s Spurs-Blazers game

apalisoc_9
11-15-2015, 06:00 PM
Probable is almost always a play...if they werent playing the sixers sat kawhi would have probably played :lol

Robz4000
11-15-2015, 06:06 PM
As I said, just Pop trying to do Coach B a solid. Sixers were competitive against a title contender on the road on the second night of a b2b. Even though Philly's roster sucks Brown is still likely facing scrutiny over their 0-10 start. Not sure he has a job after this season but you can't gauge his coaching ability from this stint.

apalisoc_9
11-15-2015, 06:08 PM
As I said, just Pop trying to do Coach B a solid. Sixers were competitive against a title contender on the road on the second night of a b2b. Even though Philly's roster sucks Brown is still likely facing scrutiny over their 0-10 start. Not sure he has a job after this season but you can't gauge his coaching ability from this stint.

But you can gauge his assesment skills though. It was evident the sixers were going to be am awful team with little future in the next 4 or 5 years when he took the job though. Should have declined and waited for a better opportunity

Robz4000
11-15-2015, 06:13 PM
But you can gauge his assesment skills though. It was evident the sixers were going to be am awful team with little future in the next 4 or 5 years when he took the job though. Should have declined and waited for a better opportunity

He waited for years to get one and never did. Lets not pretend this is Coach Thibs or George Karl who are big names in the NBA; Brown got a HC opportunity and took it, regardless of the team's present/future condition. Even then, it wasn't bad (and still really isn't now that they have an amazing piece in Okafor) with the #1 pick and good talent at the time that was traded away for a bust.

apalisoc_9
11-15-2015, 06:16 PM
He waited for years to get one and never did. Lets not pretend this is Coach Thibs or George Karl who are big names in the NBA; Brown got a HC opportunity and took it, regardless of the team's present/future condition. Even then, it wasn't bad (and still really isn't now that they have an amazing piece in Okafor) with the #1 pick and good talent at the time that was traded away for a bust.

Well every team nowadys wants an ex-spur coach. I think had he waited.for a few more years he would gotten a job eventually.at the right situation too..

Robz4000
11-15-2015, 06:32 PM
Well every team nowadys wants an ex-spur coach. I think had he waited.for a few more years he would gotten a job eventually.at the right situation too..

He got the job in 2013 tbh, and so far there haven't been any takers for other Spurs assistant coaches since.

apalisoc_9
11-15-2015, 06:34 PM
He got the job in 2013 tbh, and so far there haven't been any takers for other Spurs assistant coaches since.

Messina is new. Ime is not ready yet and is probably the third assistant. Bret would have received attention in 2014 as a lead assistant.

Robz4000
11-15-2015, 06:43 PM
Messina is new. Ime is not ready yet and is probably the third assistant. Bret would have received attention in 2014 as a lead assistant.

I love Coach Brown, but Udoka is/will be a better coach with experience. As for Messina, he's a far more known and respected name than Brown but still didn't get any offers. There was a discussion on here somewhere earlier this week about how teams are actually starting to move away from hiring personnel from the Spurs tree; I think there might be some truth to it.

tbdog
11-15-2015, 06:50 PM
I love Coach Brown, but Udoka is/will be a better coach with experience. As for Messina, he's a far more known and respected name than Brown but still didn't get any offers. There was a discussion on here somewhere earlier this week about how teams are actually starting to move away from hiring personnel from the Spurs tree; I think there might be some truth to it.

Well there has been a shift of new assistants in SA. Give it time. But I am seeing more college coaches jumping ship.

Robz4000
11-15-2015, 06:54 PM
Well there has been a shift of new assistants in SA. Give it time. But I am seeing more college coaches jumping ship.

I actually like the new assistant coaches for the most part, but a lot of teams have hired former Spurs players/staff for HC jobs and they haven't been too successful. There's also a lot of retarded owners/GMs out there that have no idea what they're doing and just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks (which is the opposite of what the Spurs tend to do, hence the movement away from hiring Spurs personnel).

spursistan
11-15-2015, 07:19 PM
I agree..he and Jaccque Vaugan jumped too early on HC opportunity..The latter simply not ready enough to be the top dog coach while Brown walked into extremely shitty franchise plan that was bound to result in historical ineptness for few years. Brett is now stuck with it otherwise he isn't going to get another HC gig unless he proves something in Philly down the road..

letmk
11-15-2015, 07:21 PM
I agree..he and Jaccque Vaugan jumped too early on HC opportunity..The latter simply not ready enough to be the top dog coach while Brown walked into extremely shitty franchise plan that was bound to result in historical ineptness for few years. Brett is now stuck with it otherwise he isn't going to get another HC gig unless he proves something in Philly down the road..

Gentry is doing Williams a favor though.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-15-2015, 11:09 PM
Udoka :lol could always be counted on to airball a corner 3, tbh...

exstatic
11-15-2015, 11:27 PM

That would be foolish. The two teams with the best records last year, including the champions, were "tree of Pop". The ones that had any material to work with did well. The ones with garbage teams like Jacques in Orlando or Brett in PHI, didn't. I thought NO did Monty dirty.

I think there would be a line around the block for Ime, but I think he is the successor to Pop.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-15-2015, 11:31 PM
injury retort: Tony Parker dieded, out for career
apalisoc_9

Kool Bob Love
11-15-2015, 11:51 PM
Kawhi is made of glass.

bic50
11-16-2015, 12:32 AM
Kawhi is made of glass.

Kawhi is living rent free. I wonder if he might be allergic to cats.

HarlemHeat37
11-16-2015, 12:35 AM

http://i.imgur.com/qVTLG.gif

benefactor
11-16-2015, 07:08 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1840737/2155021_o.gif

SupremeGuy
11-16-2015, 07:21 AM

http://i.imgur.com/qVTLG.gif

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1840737/2155021_o.gif:lol

YGWHI
11-16-2015, 07:22 AM

Damn...:bobo

Diego20
11-16-2015, 10:37 AM

More like allergic to Porks?

daledondale
11-16-2015, 11:15 AM
https://embed.gyazo.com/c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif