PDA

View Full Version : Pop and Teammates on Kyle's Contribution against 76ers

SAGirl
11-15-2015, 06:59 PM
ESPN reported the following comments:

Pop:
"I thought Kyle was really special in a lot of ways. He makes everybody on the court better. He makes great decisions. He is getting confident with his shot. He works hard on defense. He is just a fine young player."

Tony:
"He had to pick it up because Kawhi was sick, and I think he played well."

Lamarcus:
"He was great. He's a big-time player. I thought he played perfect; passed the ball, made shots and played good D for us.

Kyle on his own performance:
"I just want to keep building on that, really (referencing summer league play) keep the rhythm going, get out there, rebound, play some D. Those were the first things on my mind."

Concerning his PG skills from college:
"I think that always stays with me; keeping my head up, making good decisions, making good passes. That's always stayed with me. I'm a little rusty though."

You can find there here: http://espn.go.com/blog/san-antonio-spurs/post/_/id/89/anderson-fills-in-for-leonard-delivers

It was interesting to me that Lamarcus remembered the December game last year where Anderson scored 15 points off the bench on mismatches, playing in a depleted Spurs team, and that he considers him a big time player. Even if you don't consider him that, I would deduce at least that Lamarcus likes him. :toast

Pop only gives praise when it is deserved. He is not one to issue empty acknowledgment. I think he was pleased with Kyle in this game, particularly after saying before the game that he expected Kyle to be good one minute and atrocious the next. lol Pop is funny actually. :lol

TD 21
11-15-2015, 07:01 PM
I didn't peg you for a troll, but at this point, this has to be shtick, right? :lmao

SAGirl
11-15-2015, 08:14 PM
I didn't peg you for a troll, but at this point, this has to be shtick, right? :lmao
You may take it as you will. I really do like the player so, if that annoys you... can't do anything about that. That it annoys you so much actually makes me laugh a bit I will admit lol

GSH
11-15-2015, 08:20 PM

You may take it as you will. I really do like the player so, if that annoys you... can't do anything about that. That it annoys you so much actually makes me laugh a bit I will admit lol

What she really means is, "Fuck off, you mindless toilet tool. If you have something to say on the topic, say it. Otherwise - you've got American History first period tomorrow - go to bed."

Sometimes being too nice gets in the way of the truth.

TD 21
11-15-2015, 08:33 PM
What she really means is, "Fuck off, you mindless toilet tool. If you have something to say on the topic, say it. Otherwise - you've got American History first period tomorrow - go to bed."

:lmao Internet tough guy trying to score points on a message board.

Bartleby
11-15-2015, 08:43 PM
Kyle's full-court pass to Patty was pretty cool, and it was good to see him knocking down some open threes. Hopefully he can build on that.

silverblackfan
11-15-2015, 09:02 PM
I was hoping to see some D and he has improved. I think the team is impressed, so I am impressed. Rooting for the dude.

RD2191
11-15-2015, 09:25 PM

OP is obviously a troll. OP is also a man.

bklynspursfan
11-15-2015, 09:36 PM
He had some nice moments defensively. Offensively I thought he made some poor decisions. Hopefully as he gets more reps he gets more confident, but I thought he could have been much better on that end

apalisoc_9
11-15-2015, 09:36 PM

:lol

tholdren
11-15-2015, 09:38 PM
OP is obviously a troll. OP is also a man.

ElNono
11-15-2015, 09:42 PM
If the team is happy, then so am I... I just have my opinion of what I'd like Kyle to be... can be wrong.

apalisoc_9
11-15-2015, 09:45 PM
Anderson is a 12th to DNP kind of guy
Always will be....

sasaint
11-15-2015, 10:09 PM
ESPN reported the following comments:

You can find there here: http://espn.go.com/blog/san-antonio-spurs/post/_/id/89/anderson-fills-in-for-leonard-delivers

It was interesting to me that Lamarcus remembered the December game last year where Anderson scored 15 points off the bench on mismatches, playing in a depleted Spurs team, and that he considers him a big time player. Even if you don't consider him that, I would deduce at least that Lamarcus likes him. :toast

Pop only gives praise when it is deserved. He is not one to issue empty acknowledgment. I think he was pleased with Kyle in this game, particularly after saying before the game that he expected Kyle to be good one minute and atrocious the next. lol Pop is funny actually. :lol

Never occurred to me that you were trolling, but then again I agree with most of your takes. Hmm, maybe that makes me a troll! Anyway, thanks for the link. Based on Pop's comments for over a year and PATFO's exercising the contract option they like the guy. Some of the "armchair PGs" here better get used to him despite the fact that he doesn't meet their preconceived notions about what he should be. I root for everybody wearing the silver and black because I want them all to have the ability to help the team win. I hope Kyle gets there.

TrainOfThought5
11-15-2015, 10:11 PM
Anderson is a 12th to DNP kind of guy
Always will be....

From the guy who said we should trade Kawhi for Ariza. Thanks for another brilliant take, apo.

dabom
11-15-2015, 10:22 PM
Vs a dleague team. Chill your expectations. Lol

exstatic
11-15-2015, 10:35 PM

It's trolling to post direct quotes from Spurs sources? I don't think so. I think it's more trolling to continually bash a player that PATFO and the players like, and think has real potential. That's real arrogance and stupidity.

K...
11-15-2015, 10:42 PM
At some point you should stop being a spurs fan if you like less than three players out of the full roster. That's the rule.

Go start kawhi, manu, patty talk on your own server losers

K...
11-15-2015, 10:43 PM
Vs a dleague team. Chill your expectations. Lol

Are you talking to op or lamarcus, pop, etc,?

Nathan89
11-15-2015, 11:16 PM

Do you defend everyone on this board like they are helpless children?

Chinook
11-15-2015, 11:53 PM
I thought Anderson played really well, so I was pretty surprised that so many people on here thought he sucked. In fact, I'd say he was the biggest factor in the win down the stretch. And he did a lot of it playing off the ball AND defending the best Philly perimeter threat. Seriously, what do you guys want from the man?

Mnky
11-16-2015, 12:00 AM
Otherwise - you've got American History first period tomorrow - go to bed."

:lol burned him up. You know you touched his special spot when his girlfriend's come to gossip in his defense.

I think Kyle is a good player for what he is, which is a situational bench support. Kid doesn't have one full season of nba playing yet, but can have an impact. That ain'tbad for basically a second rounder. Still young, and hasn't gotten worse, but better. There was no one to Sign to take his spot, so why complain that you have him?

It's that or Bonner..

Kool Bob Love
11-16-2015, 12:10 AM
Kyle :worthy:

Mr. Body
11-16-2015, 12:11 AM
I've thought KA was better than the first part of the season, but this game was a surprise. True, against down competition, but it's promising that he can find his ways to fit.

bic50
11-16-2015, 12:26 AM
So many including myself wrote him off early on. He's still very young and I hope he keeps it up.

bic50
11-16-2015, 12:29 AM
Kyle :worthy:

Yeah Yeah, until someone starts saying hes better then parker, then your claws will come out.

jeebus
11-16-2015, 01:28 AM
Fat Head is pretty much Ayres 2.0. A decent game against the Sixers and people start blowing their load about the guy.

100%duncan
11-16-2015, 03:44 AM

Do you defend everyone on this board like they are helpless children?

:lmao

Yuixafun
11-16-2015, 07:39 AM
Fat Head is pretty much Ayres 2.0. A decent game against the Sixers and people start blowing their load about the guy.

That cross court pass to Patty Ayres could never make.... Neither that long pass from Timmy where Kyle had a man on him, and he had to adjust mid sprint at the basket and deftly lay it in.

Kyle has some sublime skills that will only continue to heighten and grow.

DarrinS
11-16-2015, 08:38 AM
He's going to get better. He's being molded by the best franchise, and he has the right attitude, so I have zero worries about KA.

K...
11-16-2015, 10:03 AM

And thus jeebus confirms he knows nothing about basketball.

Chinook
11-16-2015, 10:20 AM

He's lost without Ayres on the team to make fun of.

Fireball
11-16-2015, 10:22 AM

Absolutely ... Jeff Ayres never had a decent game

TD 21
11-16-2015, 06:45 PM
It's trolling to post direct quotes from Spurs sources? I don't think so. I think it's more trolling to continually bash a player that PATFO and the players like, and think has real potential. That's real arrogance and stupidity.

You missed the point.

And for the record, I've never "bashed" Anderson.