PDA

View Full Version : Parker in and out in 4th quarter

SpursforSix
11-16-2015, 11:38 AM
I didn't tune in until the 2nd half when Pop was letting the deep bench get some time. Sixers cut the lead and Parker came in and was pulled after maybe a few possessions. He looked terrible. Announcer (can't remember which it was) made a point about Parker's age making it difficult to sit and come back in.

So where does this leave things late in the season and the playoffs? I expect Patty's minutes to increase but he's going to have to rest as well. Bringing in a tired Parker to spell Mills sounds like a bad idea.

I haven't see McCallum play much. Is he capable of progressing to the point of giving some rest to the other 2 when the games matter?

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 11:40 AM
This isn't a good thread.

You should be banned from this forum again.

SpursforSix
11-16-2015, 11:43 AM
This isn't a good thread.

You should be banned from this forum again.

for what? this isn't a legitimate concern for anyone?
Mills is a great energy guy but not really the type of PG that comes in to settle things down. Parker is going to be worn down by the end of the season.
I don't know what McCallum brings. I watched zero pre-season so the only time I've seen him much was the Sixers game.

theMatrix
11-16-2015, 11:51 AM
He was tired because he was already tuned out of the game. He thought that was the last he would be playing so mentally he already switched out. That matters alot in a professional game like the NBA. Wouldnt be like this in the playoffs

dabom
11-16-2015, 11:53 AM
Tony checking out of a game early. :lol

SpursforSix
11-16-2015, 12:10 PM
Tony checking out of a game early. :lol

No shit. That's the last answer I want to hear. Yeah...it's not the playoffs. But he's getting (they're all getting) paid a shitload of money. The least they can do is pay attention for the full 48.
I'd much rather hear that he's tired or stiff (no homo).
You think when they lose homecourt by 1 game, LMA or David West wants to hear that it's because someone tuned out in a season game?

SpursforSix
11-16-2015, 12:13 PM
and while we're on it, shouldn't TP as a leader and experienced PG be paying attention to McCallumum and how his game is going? He should be looking to mentor him to some level.

cjw
11-16-2015, 01:28 PM
There is so much bitching going on in this forum after a guy put up 16 points on 10 shots, and is shooting 54% from the floor this year *. The offense has been fine with him both on and off the floor (105.7 ORtg with / 107.1 without - top 10 even with him).

Complaints about his assists being down? It's a result of heavy minutes with ISO-heavy guys in Kawhi and Aldridge - look at their on/off court numbers.

Defensively, they have been far worse with Parker on the floor but the same can be said about the whole starting lineup. Still, a top 11 defense with Parker in the lineup.

And let's not worry too much about McCallum being able to log big minutes this year. Anything he brings is icing on the cake. Manu is the real backup PG anyway, with Mills being able to play both on and off the ball, and having Boris/Kyle as well.

Yes, I'm worried about where you can hide Parker in the playoffs against LAC/GS (less so against OKC/Houston/Cleveland/Memphis/etc.). How about some of the anti-Parker posters come up with some original content instead of posting the same crap over and over?

* = quirky stat, but only CoJo ranks higher than Parker among qualified PGs this year. Curry is lower, though not a fair comparison given he shoots 10 threes a game and is miles ahead on effective FG%. Only Curry, CoJo and LANGSTON GALLOWAY are ahead of Tony in eFG%.

SpursforSix
11-16-2015, 01:33 PM
There is so much bitching going on in this forum after a guy put up 16 points on 10 shots, and is shooting 54% from the floor this year *. The offense has been fine with him both on and off the floor (105.7 ORtg with / 107.1 without - top 10 even with him).

Complaints about his assists being down? It's a result of heavy minutes with ISO-heavy guys in Kawhi and Aldridge - look at their on/off court numbers.

Defensively, they have been far worse with Parker on the floor but the same can be said about the whole starting lineup. Still, a top 11 defense with Parker in the lineup.

And let's not worry too much about McCallum being able to log big minutes this year. Anything he brings is icing on the cake. Manu is the real backup PG anyway, with Mills being able to play both on and off the ball, and having Boris/Kyle as well.

Yes, I'm worried about where you can hide Parker in the playoffs against LAC/GS (less so against OKC/Houston/Cleveland/Memphis/etc.). How about some of the anti-Parker posters come up with some original content instead of posting the same crap over and over?

* = quirky stat, but only CoJo ranks higher than Parker among qualified PGs this year. Curry is lower, though not a fair comparison given he shoots 10 threes a game and is miles ahead on effective FG%. Only Curry, CoJo and LANGSTON GALLOWAY are ahead of Tony in eFG%.

Damn...people so defensive over this shit. Wasn't even a negative Parker thread. Pretty basic question.

apalisoc_9
11-16-2015, 01:36 PM
and while we're on it, shouldn't TP as a leader and experienced PG be paying attention to McCallumum and how his game is going? He should be looking to mentor him to some level.

Agreed

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 01:37 PM
and while we're on it, shouldn't TP as a leader and experienced PG be paying attention to McCallumum and how his game is going? He should be looking to mentor him to some level.What is your evidence he is not paying attention to McCallum?

SpursforSix
11-16-2015, 01:40 PM
What is your evidence he is not paying attention to McCallum?

Someone put forth the idea that Tony Parker mentally checked out of the game. This is part of my response to that, if that was indeed true.

RD2191
11-16-2015, 01:42 PM
What is your evidence he is not paying attention to McCallum?

"I can't believe they're leaving McCallum so wide open." I rest my case.

ChumpDumper
Someone put forth the idea that Tony Parker mentally checked out of the game. This is part of my response to that, if that was indeed true.Wow, an ST poster put forth an idea?

If?

Wow.

ChumpDumper
"I can't believe they're leaving McCallum so wide open." I rest my case.Link to that quote?

KL2
11-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Can't blame Parker for not liking McCallum after what Ray did to him last year...must feel threatened he knows his days are numbered.

SpursforSix
11-16-2015, 01:48 PM
Wow, an ST poster put forth an idea?

If?

Wow.

you can go back and read it if you'd like...
sounded like someone was defending why TP looked so bad in that 4th quarter by giving the reason that he checked out
IF that's the reason, THEN, it's not a great defense.
But I probably agree with you that Tony would be a terrible mentor to someone trying to learn the PG position.

Tony: OK...here what you do...dribble dribble dribble...drive...shoot. But if you see Timmy open underneath, you dribble dribble dribble shoot.

SpursforSix
11-16-2015, 01:48 PM
Link to that quote?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254266&p=8272921#post8272921

ChumpDumper
11-16-2015, 01:49 PM
you can go back and read it if you'd like...
sounded like someone was defending why TP looked so bad in that 4th quarter by giving the reason that he checked out
IF that's the reason, THEN, it's not a great defense.
But I probably agree with you that Tony would be a terrible mentor to someone trying to learn the PG position.

Tony: OK...here what you do...dribble dribble dribble...drive...shoot. But if you see Timmy open underneath, you dribble dribble dribble shoot.False assumption; shitty post.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254266&p=8272921#post8272921So you just made it up.

I rest my case.

sasaint
11-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Someone put forth the idea that Tony Parker mentally checked out of the game. This is part of my response to that, if that was indeed true.

I am not aware that Tony regularly mentally checks out of games. I can't imagine he was very tired or sore or stiff, either. Neither does Paris often get bombed by terrorists. I think that had something to do with Tony's and Boris' mental state, as each acknowledged in their post-game remarks.

Fireball
11-16-2015, 01:56 PM
Tony admitted after the game that he indeed was surprised to get subbed in again. He just did not think that Pop would call his number again and I cannot blame him for that.

JeffDuncan
11-16-2015, 02:42 PM
I don't know what McCallum brings. I watched zero pre-season so the only time I've seen him much was the Sixers game.

Ray McCallum started 30 games for the Sacramento Kings last year, and played in a total of 68 games. Overall, he logged 21 minutes per game. He is capable of handling time on the court.