PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: When do the Warriors lose their first game?

Dex
11-16-2015, 01:39 PM
So far, Golden State seems to be looking to prove all the haters wrong as they have reeled off 11 straight wins to start the season. They got lucky on their last game against the Nets when Brook Lopez somehow missed a 6-inch game-winner, but aside from that hiccup, they have looked unstoppable.

Looking at their upcoming schedule, it's hard to say just exactly how long this streak could go. Their next 21 games:

Toronto
@Clippers
Chicago
@Denver
Lakers
@Phoenix
Sacramento
@Utah
@Charlotte
@Toronto
@Brooklyn
@Indiana
@ Boston
@Milwaukee
Phoenix
Milwaukee
Utah
Cleveland
Sacramento
@ Dallas
@Houston

If the Clippers don't stop them at home on 11/19, Golden State doesn't really face another true test until Cleveland or @Houston....They could theoretically be sitting at 29-0 or 32-0, barring an upset from a team that is not in their league.

apalisoc_9
11-16-2015, 01:44 PM
They lose on of their next three. Toronto and the Bulls are average teams but look for them to play hard defense against the champs. Thats what the nets did.. and obviously they play LA in staples.

Horse
11-16-2015, 01:51 PM
Who cares as long as they keep blowing their wad to win the regular season. Tired legs in the playoffs or injury is inevitable.

spursistan
11-16-2015, 02:18 PM
either Clippers or the Denver trap game..Nuggets have been scrappy and playing hard for Mike Malone, better than iexpected them lookig at that shitty roster..otherwise @Utah is real potential L in the next couple of weeks..

Cry Havoc
11-16-2015, 02:19 PM
I think Chicago beats them. I know it's borderline crazy to call their first loss at Oracle, but I think they're eventually going to have a bad night, and the Bulls can get the odd night when they go off and are really hard to beat.

Robz4000
11-16-2015, 02:20 PM
I see five potential losses in there tbh. One of the Toronto games, @Clippers, @Utah, Cleveland, and more than likely a slip-up where they don't get bailed out by the other team.

spursistan
11-16-2015, 02:22 PM
if Paul/Redick play, i think LAC will win..they were quite close in Oracle in the first meeting..

Kawhitstorm
11-16-2015, 02:35 PM
Their next 3 games are possible losses:
-Toronto: if Derozan has a big game (possible since Klay might be out)
-Clips: If Cp3/ReDick are close to 90%
-Bulls: D-Rose gets up for the big boys

Silver&Black
11-16-2015, 02:45 PM
@ Clippers

HarlemHeat37
11-16-2015, 03:02 PM
@ Clippers if Paul plays..if not, I'll say @ Phoenix..

Bulls can beat them if Rose has one of his monthly good-shooting nights..

JoeTait75
11-16-2015, 03:10 PM
I think Chicago beats them. I know it's borderline crazy to call their first loss at Oracle, but I think they're eventually going to have a bad night, and the Bulls can get the odd night when they go off and are really hard to beat.

IIRC Chicago beat them at Oracle last year, too. So not a crazy prediction.

Kawhitstorm
11-16-2015, 03:41 PM
@ Clippers

@ Clippers if Paul plays..if not, I'll say @ Phoenix..

ReDick might not play

HarlemHeat37
11-16-2015, 03:43 PM
Scratch that, then..

Raptors could give them a challenge, as long as Casey doesn't play Biyombo down the stretch:lol(despite Jonas's atrocious defense)..

apalisoc_9
11-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Scratch that, then..

Raptors could give them a challenge, as long as Casey doesn't play Biyombo down the stretch:lol(despite Jonas's atrocious defense)..

Fucking raptors. I hate the fact that there the only canadian team left. Some of my buddy ask all sorts of questions about a team that i dont give a shit about..:lol

" hey man we just got a good defender in biyimbo, what do you think?" Smdh...i wish there was an ignore function IRl..q

Xylus
11-16-2015, 04:50 PM
I think it's going to be an unexpected loss when they finally do collect that first L. I'll go with @Denver.

Jodelo
11-16-2015, 05:05 PM
Clippers is the obvious choice, but i say at Denver.

Benoit
11-16-2015, 06:09 PM
Hahaha! I just know how dominate we are when people are looking 25 games ahead of schedule to find out potential losses from us!

Venti Quattro
11-16-2015, 06:41 PM
Clips or Bulls are lose-able games

~O~
11-16-2015, 07:07 PM
People do realize that Golden State truly won't be tired by the end of the season since they finish teams off half way through the game...right? Golden State's offense is based of shooting more so than things that wear players down such as dunking and constantly barreling to the rim recklessly for fouls. Its execution.

As the above poster said, people are predicting when they'll lose rather than analyzing the quality of their success.

The only game I can see the Warriors losing is a game in which they don't come out with respect to their opponent. That's why Brooklyn came very close to beating them. The Warriors could lose in the next five because I believe whats weighing on their mind is "who are we going to lose to" rather than lets go out and just play. Their run is historical and they want to embellish the moment by allowing it to continue.

In order for the Warriors to lose, Curry will have to not want to play basketball at all. Even when he plays awful(which is scoring 22 points against detroit at 38% for this year thus far), he's still effective on defense getting steals, rebounds, assists, and being a heavy magnet.

How do you limit a team with depth; Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala, Harrison Barnes, Klay Thompson.

Klay Thompson's field goals are way down and per 36 marginally down. Curry is shouldering the offensive load a bit too much but when adversity came, he was dependable. I believe Thompson, Green, Barnes and Iggy all play the second guy role. Iggy's per numbers are rising as well as green's. Their defensive ratings are even better.

What is being ignored is the high percentage attempts their big's receive. Bogut is scoring at 70 percent. Ezeli at 57%. They get them off of assists but the success rate can't be ignored. Shaun Livingston is a scary backup point guard. An offense that is sole based on attack the rim...at 6"8, 51 percent on 2 point field goals. Only took three attempts from the three point line this season.

Now..who can match their depth and quality.

Toronto
@Clippers
Chicago
@Denver
Lakers
@Phoenix
Sacramento
@Utah
@Charlotte
@Toronto
@Brooklyn
@Indiana
@ Boston
@Milwaukee
Phoenix
Milwaukee
Utah
Cleveland
Sacramento
@ Dallas
@Houston

The only team that truly has a chance is possibly Clippers and Cleveland who have both predictable offenses. Cleveland's offense hasn't changed at all. They've just added players for execution of the same high screen and roll play and post hammer play/curl/corner hammer play just like in miami.

Clippers are solely based on Chris Paul and flashy lobs of horns/screens. Isolation will be what they'll resort to in desperation situations which.....is their problem. Pierce iso, lance so, lance griffin jordan occasional putback, Griffin pierce post up. The ball is going to stop for them allot.

Both these teams have the depth but not the scoring quality. Looking at simple sortables, Golden state is top three in opponent field goal percentage (43) and number 1 and opponent 3 point percentage (27%). Surprising enough, Miami is probably the best defensive team in the NBA...holding teams to 90 points on average and the lowest field goal percentage. Hmm.

There other stats I can give but...whatever. Look shit up.

Someone is going to have to surprise the warriors cause its going to be hard to guess.

Chef Curry
11-16-2015, 07:19 PM
It's back to back regardless. This is practice right now, glorified skirmishes. Warriors season starts when the season ends for half the NBA :hat

TD 21
11-16-2015, 07:20 PM
Clippers. Presuming Paul and Redick play, they've got all the other necessary ingredients going for them: Elite team, well rested (four days off), motivated (struggling recently, were in solid position to win the first meeting), progression/regression to the mean (the former for them; the latter for the Warriors).

noob cake
11-16-2015, 08:22 PM
Probably 82-0

LarryDavid
11-16-2015, 09:11 PM
Who cares as long as they keep blowing their wad to win the regular season. Tired legs in the playoffs or injury is inevitable.

That's the same for every team

Robz4000
11-16-2015, 10:47 PM
Looks like Rose had his one good shooting game of the month tonight, so count out Chicago imo.

Kawhitstorm
11-16-2015, 11:35 PM
Looking at simple sortables, Golden state is top three in opponent field goal percentage (43) and number 1 and opponent 3 point percentage (27%). Surprising enough, Miami is probably the best defensive team in the NBA...holding teams to 90 points on average and the lowest field goal percentage. Hmm.

Someone is going to have to surprise the warriors cause its going to be hard to guess.

Teams are just missing 3s against the Heat & Whiteside isn't getting in foul trouble that might change in a couple of weeks. The formula to beating the Warriors is to get Curry in foul trouble or let him chuck away for 3 quarters & freeze out his teammates. In the 4th quarter, trap him & force his cold teammates to make a play.

Kawhitstorm
11-16-2015, 11:38 PM
Looks like Rose had his one good shooting game of the month tonight, so count out Chicago imo.

He actually got injured:lol

Robz4000
11-16-2015, 11:54 PM
He actually got injured:lol

:lol damn, didn't see that

SpursIndonesia
11-17-2015, 04:12 AM
Utah will be their Cryptonite i believe, that team is flawed but i see a team that can match GS athleticism, defense, and quite well coached. Favors will be the key against Green, let Curry gets his from outside (ain't gonna be easy dancing in the lane with the Stiffle Tower roaming in the paint) but locking all the others, especially Green who i see as the engine of the Dubs especially in defense.

spurraider21
11-17-2015, 04:30 AM
Utah will be their Cryptonite i believe, that team is flawed but i see a team that can match GS athleticism, defense, and quite well coached. Favors will be the key against Green, let Curry gets his from outside (ain't gonna be easy dancing in the lane with the Stiffle Tower roaming in the paint) but locking all the others, especially Green who i see as the engine of the Dubs especially in defense.
wut

100%duncan
11-17-2015, 04:40 AM
Green aint shit. That faggot got shut down in the finals hard, same with thompson

TheGreatYacht
11-17-2015, 04:47 AM
If LAC or CHI don't stop them, this could get ugly. I can already hear the Gay Area gooks hyping the shit out these clowns

BatManu20
11-18-2015, 01:29 AM
Soon..

http://i.imgur.com/NLbJZkL.gif

RsxPiimp
11-18-2015, 01:37 AM
Lakers probably end their streak...

afireinside20
11-18-2015, 08:55 PM
January 25th

HemisfairArena
11-18-2015, 09:14 PM
Warriors showing what everyone knew,,,,its not in the coaching. Popovich,,Jackson,,Riley,,,Kerr(last year) only win because of the players,,,,Warriors easily win 68 if they don't rest players at the end when they have everything locked up seed wise,,,,

UNT Eagles 2016
11-18-2015, 09:46 PM
Lakers probably end their streak...

If the Texans ended the Bengals' long streak in Cincy, anything's possible.....

RsxPiimp
11-18-2015, 09:49 PM
If the Texans ended the Bengals' long streak in Cincy, anything's possible.....

Yeah, seriously. Also, see Bulls-Raptors in 96...

UNT Eagles 2016
11-18-2015, 09:57 PM
Yeah, seriously. Also, see Bulls-Raptors in 96...

Or the Lakers consistently losing to the 15–67 Baby Bulls in the Shaq/Kobe era or the equally bad Bobcats in the Kobe/Gasol era...

spurraider21
12-05-2015, 04:52 PM

spursistan
12-06-2015, 02:48 PM
The Lakers all time winning streak of 33 is actually in serious jeopardy, IMO..The Warriors are on 24 stretching back to 2014-2015...

Schedule for rest of 2015:

Dec 6 @ Nets
Dec 8 @ Pacers
Dec 11 @ Celtics
Dec 12 @ Bucks
Dec 16 vs Suns
Dec 18 vs Bucks
Dec 23 vs Jazz
Dec 25 vs Cavs
Dec 28 vs Kings
Dec 30 @ Mavericks
Dec 31 @ Rockets

So..you basically have only couple of losable games (@Pacers; vs Cavs) and one trap game (@Celtics)..If the Warriors get by those, they will tie it vs Kings and the only hurdle would be Carlisle and Mavs for them to break LA's historic mark..

spursistan
12-06-2015, 03:56 PM
^ Cavs might get Irving back for that game..he's already practicing with the team..

Jodelo
12-06-2015, 04:07 PM
4 more road games. Think they will lose one of them...

Mr Bones
12-06-2015, 04:26 PM
At this point, i'm rooting for them to win 73 games... I like the way their team is assembled and the way they play, but if the Spurs beat them in the WCF, it'll be a huge legacy point for KL/LMA going forward and the perfect final crowning achievement for the Big 3.

-21-
12-06-2015, 04:48 PM
At this point, i'm rooting for them to win 73 games... I like the way their team is assembled and the way they play, but if the Spurs beat them in the WCF, it'll be a huge legacy point for KL/LMA going forward and the perfect final crowning achievement for the Big 3.

I'm starting to feel the same way. If the Spurs lose, it wouldn't be a big deal losing to the team with the best record of all-time. All the pressure would be on GS.

Robz4000
12-06-2015, 07:08 PM
They're prolly gonna break the Lakers' streak tbh. Just don't see any team playing well enough/smart enough to get it done.

apalisoc_9
12-06-2015, 07:11 PM
Hopefully they win 75+ games and break the 33 game winning streak so the pressure is on them.

SlasherX
12-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Warriors will loose tonight vs Nets

Nathan89
12-06-2015, 09:00 PM
Draymond would start bricking all his threes with all that pressure of a historic season.