PDA

View Full Version : Time to clean the slate in Houston

GrandeDavid
09-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Definitely fire Dom Capers, but bring in a coach who can truly captivate this listless, mechanical practice squad franchise. David Carr has been sacked 13 times in just two games and is on a blistering pace to obliterate his NFL single season sack/ass thumping record. The offensive line is unmotivated and without direction.

Dom Capers, as was proven in Carolina, is good for the first few years of an expansion franchise in getting things off the ground and systematic. But that robot has no oomph to make an NFL team a bunch of warriors who will victories. The Texans, for two weeks straight, not to mention in a horrific preseason, were absolute zeros.

I am embarrassed and upset by their performance. I like David Carr so much and am such a loyal Texans fan that it pains me to admit that I actually am starting to hope that that guy gets a fresh start someplace else. The Texans with their sorry ass non-offensive line are doing to David Carrīs career what the Bengals did to David Klinglerīs.

I do not blame Carr at all. I put this onus completely on Texans management and what some might label "coaches".

For me, personally, I can at least take some solice in the fact that the Bengals won again today.

Extra Stout
09-19-2005, 09:23 AM
Carr takes some blame. Maybe the Texans have ruined him by their failure to protect him over four years, but he doesn't help himself by panicking in the pocket and slamming down the football to show up his teammates.

That won't motivate the line to protect him any better.

It is time to blow up everything and start over.

Hook Dem
09-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Nice stadium.....horrible team!

GrandeDavid
09-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Also I heard Carr was stressed and frustrated the entire game, really reaming the lineman. Tough situation, but he earns plenty of cash so I'm sure he can take it.

samikeyp
09-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Two changes the Texans need to make:

World Football League retro day...bust out this logo:

http://www.teleportrait.com/LogoServer/football/HoustonTexans.GIF :p

and hire GrandeDavid to coach! :tu

Spurminator
09-19-2005, 11:43 AM
It's the Boselli Curse.

j-6
09-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Dom Capers isn't going anywhere this season. None of his assistants can do a better job than he is, and Charlie Casserly isn't going to just throw his guy out on his ass. It makes the franchise look incompetent and that dissuades future free agent signings.

If they replace Capers, it will be with some sort of living legend type hire, like the Bill Walsh hire in Carolina after Capers was canned.

Extra Stout
09-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Dom Capers isn't going anywhere this season. None of his assistants can do a better job than he is, and Charlie Casserly isn't going to just throw his guy out on his ass. It makes the franchise look incompetent and that dissuades future free agent signings.

If they replace Capers, it will be with some sort of living legend type hire, like the Bill Walsh hire in Carolina after Capers was canned.McNair is going to throw Casserly out on his ass following the season.

Clandestino
09-19-2005, 12:54 PM
after this season his ass better be gone or houston will throw him out like they did the oilers!

GrandeDavid
09-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Well, Chris Palmer FINALLY got dumped. That's a start, but that's still a scapegoat. Just let Andre Johnson call the damned plays. :fro