PDA

View Full Version : Another unwarranted shooting

Wild Cobra
11-16-2015, 02:01 PM
Wow...

North Carolina sheriff’s deputies kicked in a man’s door Sunday, then pepper-sprayed him, shocked him with a Taser and ultimately shot him to death – all after the alleged victim refused to allow a warrantless search, his surviving housemate said.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/11/16/cops-kick-in-door-kill-man-who-insisted-on-warrant-witness-says

Bristol Edge, a friend of Livington's, said she witnessed the shooting after deputies kicked in the front door.

"[They] threw him on his stomach," Edge said. "He was maced, he was tasered three to four times. And when he got out on the front porch he was shot four times."

http://abc11.com/news/1-killed-in-officer-involved-shooting-in-harnett-co/1085526/

Spurminator
11-16-2015, 02:08 PM
All he had to do was cooperate with their unreasonable and unlawful demands, so he basically put himself in this position.

Wild Cobra
11-16-2015, 02:30 PM
All he had to do was cooperate with their unreasonable and unlawful demands, so he basically put himself in this position.

And when we start allowing the law to disrespect our constitutional right, what then?

Spurminator
11-16-2015, 02:33 PM
And when we start allowing the law to disrespect our constitutional right, what then?

We started that a long time ago.

Wild Cobra
11-16-2015, 03:11 PM
This forum would be all lit up with hatred if he was black.

boutons_deux
11-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Warrior Cops out of control?

There's thread for that.

CosmicCowboy
11-16-2015, 06:34 PM
Constitutional or not, smart people say yes sir and no sir to the cops and complain about their rights violation at the trial if there is one.

SnakeBoy
11-16-2015, 06:43 PM
If you are still fighting with police after being maced and tasered multiple times....you might get shot.

SnakeBoy
11-16-2015, 06:49 PM
'The cop kicked in the door, got on top of him, started slinging him around beat him…' Carroll said. Carroll claims that sheriffs started spraying Livingston with mace before using a Taser on him. Carroll said that Livingston was not trying to fight back but was trying to get the Taser out of the officer's hand.

He (Livingston) barely had the Taser in his hand but he had it where it was constantly going off and the officer I guess that spoke to him rolled over there, says he got the Taser and shot him in this position,' Carroll said.

lol he barely took the taser from the cop before the meanie police shot him.

Wild Cobra
11-16-2015, 07:44 PM
lol he barely took the taser from the cop before the meanie police shot him.

Is a taser going to give a police officer life threatening injuries?

Wild Cobra
11-16-2015, 07:45 PM
If you are still fighting with police after being maced and tasered multiple times....you might get shot.

I take the attitude if the police make an illegal entry into my residence, that they are criminals dressed as police!

Trill Clinton
11-16-2015, 07:58 PM
Cops always use the "I taped, pepper sprayed," several times and nothing worked excuse when they use excessive force. Suspects always turn into he Incredible Hulk for some reason. If none of that shit works then it's time to get better equipment. For a "developed nation we still have a long way to go when it comes to police shootings.

Spurminator
11-16-2015, 08:10 PM
It's amazing how some of the same people who insist we need heavy artillery weapons to protect ourselves from some kind of government invasion are also the first to blame victims when they don't cooperate with invasive authorities.

DarrinS
11-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Never heard of this story for whatever reason. I'm not going to start looting.

SnakeBoy
11-16-2015, 10:56 PM
I take the attitude if the police make an illegal entry into my residence, that they are criminals dressed as police!

You only take that attitude when it's a white guy that gets shot. If it was a black surgeon you'd be saying he should have cooperated.

Wild Cobra
11-17-2015, 01:23 AM
Never heard of this story for whatever reason. I'm not going to start looting.

We didn't hear about it because it can't be played up in the media as racist.

Wild Cobra
11-17-2015, 01:24 AM
You only take that attitude when it's a white guy that gets shot. If it was a black surgeon you'd be saying he should have cooperated.

Your bigotry is noted.

FromWayDowntown
11-17-2015, 10:46 AM
It's amazing how some of the same people who insist we need heavy artillery weapons to protect ourselves from some kind of government invasion are also the first to blame victims when they don't cooperate with invasive authorities.

To be honest, the artillery is to protect against radical islamist cops. And the gays.

ElNono
11-17-2015, 11:24 AM
Terrible. Thanks for sharing.

SnakeBoy
11-17-2015, 11:46 AM
Your bigotry is noted.

lol wtf

Blake
11-17-2015, 02:40 PM
Constitutional or not, smart people say yes sir and no sir to the cops and complain about their rights violation at the trial if there is one.

His stupidity should get his wife a big payday tho fwiw

Blake
11-17-2015, 02:40 PM
Your bigotry is noted.

He's reminding you of yours

Blake
11-17-2015, 02:42 PM
Never heard of this story for whatever reason.

Subtle [mainstream media only cares about black victims] jab

Spurminator
11-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Bet y'all didn't hear about Jamar Clark either.

Maybe you should read different newsmedia if yours are so racist/sensationalist.

lefty
11-17-2015, 03:20 PM
:lol CIA and Mossad doin' work

pgardn
11-17-2015, 06:08 PM

From a practical point of view you have a good chance of dying innocent.

You might want to cooperate and then prove your innocence with your head intact.
Headless torsos don't impress juries with their eloquence.

DarrinS
11-17-2015, 06:16 PM
Whenever I've had run ins with law enforcement, it's never occurred to me to be confrontational.