PDA

View Full Version : The least bearable moment(s) of your favorite film?

AlexJones
11-18-2015, 04:23 PM
I'll start: Scarlett Johansen's acting, The Prestige.

baseline bum
11-18-2015, 04:51 PM
Pesci looking at his mom's shitty painting in the kitchen with Batts in the trunk

SpursforSix
11-18-2015, 05:15 PM
as time goes on, some of the things I thought were cool in films turned out to be kind of dumb

Malkovich's over the top Russian accent..."pai dat meen his myaaahnee"

gambit1990
11-18-2015, 06:01 PM
i don't like when that kid shoots that other kid in the foot in city of god.

i wouldn't remove it though, shows the extremes of life over there...

DMX7
11-18-2015, 06:19 PM
The Prestige is your favorite film?

I don't care much for the pawn shop basement scene in Pulp Fiction.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-18-2015, 08:01 PM
Hudson has just one too many whiny freakouts in Aliens. "GAME OVER!!!" is of course a classic. I get that on some level we are supposed to hate Hudson. Just somewhere around the third time he goes into hysterics about how they are doomed it crosses a line from "This character is an annoying part of the film" to "Fuck you Jim Cameron, you've established he's a cowardly bitch and now every extra second devoted to reminding me of that just feels like you secretly want me to hate your movie."

DD
11-18-2015, 08:12 PM
Not unbearable as in poorly done, but it was always hard to watch Sean Connery's character get mowed down in The Untouchables...always stuck with me from when I first watched it as a little DD

benefactor
11-18-2015, 08:37 PM
Most of Ben Affleck's character in Good Will Hunting.

HI-FI
11-18-2015, 08:40 PM
Superman (1978) has always been a favorite but as a kid I had a hard time when Reeves let out that scream. I like it now but as a kid it really bothered me.

JFK, great movie but some of the gay shit in there is a bit too much. Stone never holds back.

Not unbearable as in poorly done, but it was always hard to watch Sean Connery's character get mowed down in The Untouchables...always stuck with me from when I first watched it as a little DD
funny but when I saw your shaving thread I immediately thought of Untouchables since you're a big DePalma fan.

DD
11-18-2015, 10:51 PM
Superman (1978) has always been a favorite but as a kid I had a hard time when Reeves let out that scream. I like it now but as a kid it really bothered me.

JFK, great movie but some of the gay shit in there is a bit too much. Stone never holds back.

funny but when I saw your shaving thread I immediately thought of Untouchables since you're a big DePalma fan.

shit man, either that or Albert Anastasia's hit was in the back of my mind when when I got the cut

admiralsnackbar
11-19-2015, 09:22 AM
Dominique Dunne in Poltergeist (whatsappening?), but Henry James Olmos in Blade Runner is not so great, either .

SpursforSix
11-19-2015, 10:33 AM
i don't like when that kid shoots that other kid in the foot in city of god.

i wouldn't remove it though, shows the extremes of life over there...

I always forget about that movie for some reason but it's got to be in my top 10.

MultiTroll
11-19-2015, 10:39 AM
Not my favorite film but...in Gone Girl.

Seeing Neil Patrick Harris get taken out, good.
But wayy too brutal. Over the top bloodletting.

gambit1990
11-19-2015, 01:44 PM
agreed.

i hate ben affleck. can't really stand him in anything tbh.

I always forget about that movie for some reason but it's got to be in my top 10.
i consider it the best movie i've ever seen.

here's the scene i was talking about if anyone was wondering (not a spoiler):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V26Pogm8ktk

Nbadan
11-21-2015, 03:26 AM
the lion seen in Apocalypse now...I think it was unnecessary...they learned not to get out of the boat at every other stop...

baseline bum
11-21-2015, 03:53 AM

In Good Will Hunting it has to be the scene where the Fields Medal winning professor said he spent five years on that graph theory problem that most sophomore or junior CS students at that school could have solved in a few minutes. And the scene where the dude jacked off in the catcher's mitt.

baseline bum
11-21-2015, 03:57 AM
Pesci killing Spider and saying he's a good shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO0pASt4IIU

baseline bum
11-21-2015, 04:06 AM
Hitler killing Blondi in Der Untergang was pretty hard to watch too.

JoeTait75
11-21-2015, 08:28 AM

The stuff with Bruce Willis and his girlfriend were way worse. The movie just ground to a halt in those scenes.

Dazed and Confused, the "I'm the one smoking marijuana, motherfucker!" scene with Clint.

Buddy Mignon
11-21-2015, 01:25 PM
Watching them fry the big guy in The Green Mile. As a kid I hated watching the scene when the mob cut off Aslan's mane... it was savage.

xqbb1FCX6wM

DJR210
11-21-2015, 02:30 PM
Watching them fry the big guy in The Green Mile. As a kid I hated watching the scene when the mob cut off Aslan's mane... it was savage.

xqbb1FCX6wM

Your favorite movie is the Naruto one though.

jeebus
11-21-2015, 09:00 PM
Hitler killing Blondi in Der Untergang was pretty hard to watch too.

I like to remember the happier moments, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgaVa52R7ns

DMC
11-21-2015, 10:50 PM
My favorite film is My Cousin Vinny.

Least favorite moment is anything with Ralph Macchio.

DMC
11-21-2015, 11:07 PM
Am i the only one who watches videos other than the one posted in the small youtube windows here? lol

DarrinS
11-22-2015, 11:29 AM
Pesci looking at his mom's shitty painting in the kitchen with Batts in the trunk

That entire scene with his mom is hilarious, imo

Mark in Austin
11-22-2015, 12:53 PM
The Luke freakout in Empire when Vader tells him he's his father.

"No. That's not true. That's impossible!"

Just terrible acting

DarrinS
11-22-2015, 01:16 PM
The Luke freakout in Empire when Vader tells him he's his father.

"No. That's not true. That's impossible!"

Just terrible acting

Not when you're 11. :lol